PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs How Important Is An Interior Pass Rusher In Today's NFL?

SeeingRed
04-03-2014, 10:01 AM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Dorsey-Mike-Catapano-is-a-relentless-warrior/241a4e1d-bb15-4d60-a196-a9d552687f9e

Cool article on the KC Chiefs website on a guy I believe will the next All Pro player on our defense. The Chiefs "finally" seem to now be pushing Mike Catapano on KCChiefs.com and I'm very glad to see that because it means that we will see what he can do in 2014. I have been singing this kid's praises since pre season because i feel he is a very talented key piece for this defense but was frustrated watching him sit on the sidelines. I truly believe that having a dominant pass rushing presence on the line (whether it be from 3 technique or 5 technique...or better yet BOTH) is HUGE in making a good defense into a great defense.

People downplay QB pressure and it drives me nuts. You CANNOT stop Peyton Manning (or Philip Rivers or Andrew Luck for that matter) without knocking them off their spots. Just look at the production and the sack totals our defense had the first half of last year and the results it created in the win-loss column...thats because there IS a direct correlation! Also our dominant edge rushers will be more effective when the O Line also has an inside 3 technique rusher they have to worry about as well.

An athletic 290 lbs Catapano who can rush from inside or the outside creates versatility on passing downs. Teamed up with Houston and Hali I really believe all 3 will have double digit sacks in 2014. All today's defenses are really becoming a hybrid blend of 3-4 and 4-3 fronts and a lineman who can rush is a key part. We didn't have that last year (or had on sidelines but didn't use it). I like the addition of Walker but he isnt a true pass rusher...Catapano is. Personally I'd rather see Cat as the starting DE opposite Devito if at 290 he proves to be an effective run stopper, but either way I believe he is a key piece for us in an effective 4 man front on passing downs.

As with all KC fans I was a bit frustrated watching the NFL's most dominant defense slide and become our achilles heel ultimately costing us a playoff win. With no pressure on the QB the second half of year I was frustrated knowing we had a guy who averaged 1.2 sacks a game his senior year sitting on the sidelines. But apparently he was being groomed and making the obvious transition going from a small school to the NFL. Based on all the press coming from inside the Chiefs organization I'm encouraged that we will get to see what a 23 year old 2nd year bigger and better #77 can do.

I said it last year and still believe that Catapano and Poe rushing alongside Houston and Hali will be a VERY disruptive front on passing downs. 3 double digits sack guys = defensive success. Pressure busts pipes. If Catapano can break out and have a double digit sack season it will go a LONG way in getting back to the playoffs and NOT giving up a 4 TD lead. We need a 2013 defensive draft picks like Commings or Cat (or both) to step up and become key contributors in 2014 to build and improve on what we did last year. Since we aren't building through free agency it has to come from within. This guy stepping up would be huge.

ThaVirus
04-03-2014, 10:02 AM
I don't think I can take any more of this Catapano bullshit.

BigBeauford
04-03-2014, 10:03 AM

Does it have you seeing red?

OldSchool
04-03-2014, 10:06 AM
Rather have Catapano replace Jackson as our RDE and Walker replace Devito as our LDE.

Dave Lane
04-03-2014, 10:07 AM

Or Kush.

htismaqe
04-03-2014, 10:08 AM
Houston, Hali, AND Catapano with double digit sacks?

ROFL

SeeingRed
04-03-2014, 10:10 AM
why do you say that? what is your solution for an interior pass rush? :hmmm: because if its not him then we need somebody. Personally I look forward to seeing what the kid can do. If not him then we better find some stud in the draft who can rush the QB from the inside...because this was a key piece missing on our defense in 2013. It killed us the 2nd half of the year. Yes the back end needs to improve but giving up a 4 TD lead should never happen. We gave QBs too much time. And when you give great QBs (like Manning, Rivers and Luck) too much time...well...we saw what happened.

OldSchool
04-03-2014, 10:11 AM

ROFL

Yeah. I can see as many as 7-8 from Cat in his second year if he gets significant time over Bailey and even that is hopeful wishing. But double digits? That's a bit much.:spock:

SeeingRed
04-03-2014, 10:11 AM

ROFL

yes...all 3. This is my prediction. And IF it happens then we will win alot of games!

buddha
04-03-2014, 10:12 AM
I saw a lot of potential in Catapano last season. He's a rare physical specimen and will only improve with more playing time. The best interior pass rush is provided by a strong pocket collapsing push up the middle. Dontari is the key to that.

htismaqe
04-03-2014, 10:14 AM
yes...all 3. This is my prediction. And IF it happens then we will win alot of games!

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that you could count the number of teams that have done that, in the entirety of modern NFL history, on one hand.

In fact, it might never have been done.

htismaqe
04-03-2014, 10:14 AM
Yeah. I can see as many as 7-8 from Cat in his second year if he gets significant time over Bailey and even that is hopeful wishing. But double digits? That's a bit much.:spock:

Yeah, he could definitely get 6 or 7.

I was talking more just about the statistical probability of a team having 3 players with 10 or more sacks. See my previous post.

OldSchool
04-03-2014, 10:17 AM
Yeah, he could definitely get 6 or 7.

I was talking more just about the statistical probability of a team having 3 players with 10 or more sacks. See my previous post.

Well, an improved interior pass rush should help Hali and Houston out a lot as both guys seem to like going wide most of the time. Too many times last year when Poe would get double teamed, Hali and Houston would get pushed wide, and our 4th guy would do absolutely nothing with his 1 on 1 opportunity.

SeeingRed
04-03-2014, 10:17 AM
Yeah. I can see as many as 7-8 from Cat in his second year if he gets significant time over Bailey. But double digits? That's a bit much.:spock:

JJ Watt got 20 rushing from a 3 technique so why is 10 so unreasonable? This kid has skills...put him on the field and he will produce. I hope....because it would help our defense a lot having an inside rushing presence. 15 sacks coming from inside (whether it be Catapano, Poe, Walker or a combo of them all) would allow Houston and Hali to destroy QBs from the outside. Of those 3 (not including Bailey because I just don't see him contributing in that way) Catapano is clearly the most talented rusher...so no, I don't believe 10 sacks or more from him is unreasonable at all actually. Hopefully I'm right. We'll see.

htismaqe
04-03-2014, 10:18 AM
JJ Watt got 20 rushing from a 3 technique so why is 10 so unreasonable? This kid has skills...put him on the field and he will produce. I hope....because it would help our defense a lot having an inside rushing presence. 15 sacks coming from inside (whether it be Catapano, Poe, Walker or a combo of them all) would allow Houston and Hali to destroy QBs from the outside. Of those 3 (not including Bailey because I just don't see him contributing in that way) Catapano is clearly the most talented rusher...so no, I don't believe 10 sacks or more from him is unreasonable at all actually. Hopefully I'm right. We'll see.

If he gets 10, either Hali or Houston will get less.

They're not going to break NFL records for sacks.

OldSchool
04-03-2014, 10:18 AM

Because he's not JJ Watt and we don't know how explosive he will be after adding 20 pounds to his frame?

SeeingRed
04-03-2014, 10:25 AM
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that you could count the number of teams that have done that, in the entirety of modern NFL history, on one hand.

its true...i realize that. However the game is constantly evolving and you are seeing more rushers coming from the inside now than there used to be. Before Watt no interior guys had 20 sacks either but more will come. If healthy Houston and Hali will both post double digit sacks...we know that. Imagine a 3rd guy doing it as well? It would make the defense dominant and I believe we have the personnel to do it. Catapano is better than most realize. Even if we got 8 (1 every other game) out of him it would go a long way.

The Franchise
04-03-2014, 10:27 AM
Mike Catapano = JJ Watt
Sanders Commings = Ed Reed
Travis Kelce = Greatest TE evar!1!!!!1!11

OnTheWarpath15
04-03-2014, 10:27 AM
http://oi34.tinypic.com/68u1wz.jpg

SeeingRed
04-03-2014, 10:43 AM
Mike Catapano = JJ Watt
Sanders Commings = Ed Reed
Travis Kelce = Greatest TE evar!1!!!!1!11

Cmon now! :-/ I do think they all have potential but never said any of that. I especially think Catapano and Kelce have alot of potential but not saying that Pestilence. And you are taking my words out of context. I didnt say Catapano was Watt or would get 20 sacks BUT I believe the guy is very good. Also we have a UNIQUE situation in 2014 that we likely WONT have next year in that we have both Houston and Hali for the time being. Houston is in the prime of his career and is poised to have a shot at a career year. Even if Catapano (or Walker or Poe or whoever) can create a legitimate inside threat the studs we have on the outside can be even more effective. If Catapano gets 6 sacks but Houston breaks Strahan's record that would be pretty cool and I believe this is possible. But if not and we had 3 guys with double digit sacks it will create the same result.....and we wont be giving up 4 TD leads if this happens.

The Franchise
04-03-2014, 10:44 AM
Cmon now! :-/ I do think they all have potential but never said any of that. I especially think Catapano and Kelce have alot of potential but not saying that Pestilence. And you are taking my words out of context. I didnt say Catapano was Watt or would get 20 sacks BUT I believe the guy is very good. Also we have a UNIQUE situation that we likely WONT have next year in that we have both Houston and Hali for the time being. Houston is in the prime of his career and is poised to have a shot at a career year. Even if Catapano (or Walker or Poe or whoever) can create a legitimate inside threat the studs we have on the outside can be even more effective. If Catapano gets 6 sacks but Houston breaks Strahan's record that would be pretty cool and I believe this is possible. But if not and we had 3 guys with double digit sacks it will create the same result.....and we wont be giving up 4 TD leads if this happens.

It was a joke.....calm it down.

You remind me a lot of my brother.

SeeingRed
04-03-2014, 10:46 AM
It was a joke.....calm it down.

You remind me a lot of my brother.

lol....sorry :shake: still recovering from that damn Indy game i guess :rolleyes:

htismaqe
04-03-2014, 10:48 AM
lol....sorry :shake: still recovering from that damn Indy game i guess :rolleyes:

You know what the upside is to being a jaded, crotchety old bastard like me?

I recovered from the Indy game about 5 minutes after it was over...

The Franchise
04-03-2014, 10:50 AM
You know what the upside is to being a jaded, crotchety old bastard like me?

I recovered from the Indy game about 5 minutes after it was over...

I can't wait to get there. It took me a good couple of days.

RealSNR
04-03-2014, 10:51 AM
People act like I was a giant moron for trolling them with Terrence Copper mania for so many years, but was I really any different than the people who are predicting great things for people like Catapano, Kush, and Commings?

OnTheWarpath15
04-03-2014, 10:54 AM
People act like I was a giant moron for trolling them with Terrence Copper mania for so many years, but was I really any different than the people who are predicting great things for people like Catapano, Kush, and Commings?

Actually, you were a lot different.

Copper was a helluva special teams player. He wasn't some unproven JAG.

htismaqe
04-03-2014, 11:03 AM
I can't wait to get there. It took me a good couple of days.

To be honest, if it weren't for the 38-10 lead, I wouldn't have even had to recover. I went into the game expecting a loss.

DTLB58
04-03-2014, 11:12 AM

I found 1 :thumb:
'84 Bears The year they got 72 as a team.
Richard Dent 17.5
Steve McMichael 10.0
Dan Hampton 11.5
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/chi/1984.htm

I would love to go back to some of the old-timer teams of the Rams,Giants, Bears and Packers but we all know they didn't start keeping this stat till '82.

htismaqe
04-03-2014, 11:14 AM
Richard Dent 17.5
Steve McMichael 10.0
Dan Hampton 11.5

I would love to go back to some of the old-timer teams of the Rams,Giants, Bears and Packers but we all know they didn't start keeping this stat till '82.

Not to mention the fact that those teams were built prior to Plan B free agency and the advent of the salary cap.

Kudos to you though for finding one!

Pablo
04-03-2014, 11:14 AM
yes...all 3. This is my prediction. And IF it happens then we will win alot of games!LMAO

BullJunkandIron
04-03-2014, 11:17 AM
When we got that 28 point lead Indy had us just where they wanted us.

SeeingRed
04-03-2014, 11:19 AM
Richard Dent 17.5
Steve McMichael 10.0
Dan Hampton 11.5

Good find! So if the 2014 Chiefs become the 2nd team to do it just remember you heard it here first :thumb: lol....until then continue to make fun of me I guess. :(

Dave Lane
04-03-2014, 11:19 AM

IF someone finds a way to reverse the aging process and we get a 20 year old Joe Montana I think we will win alot of games!

htismaqe
04-03-2014, 11:23 AM
Good find! So if the 2014 Chiefs become the 2nd team to do it just remember you heard it here first :thumb: lol....until then continue to make fun of me I guess. :(

ROFL

Self-deprecating humor is always welcome here...

Mr. Laz
04-03-2014, 11:23 AM
interior or outside doesn't really matter as much as having guys that can get pressure/penetration without stunts and blitzes.

The more guys that can just 'win' the 1-on-1 battles the better. It makes the defense versatile and allows you to keep the offense off balance.

SeeingRed
04-03-2014, 11:24 AM
IF someone finds a way to reverse the aging process and we get a 20 year old Joe Montana I think we will win alot of games!

This is just silly....now you are just being a pessimist. Believe :clap: we can DO it! Hopefully if we win a playoff game the vibe gets a bit more positive in here. :spock: I guess 25 years without a playoff win kinda does that. :shake:

htismaqe
04-03-2014, 11:35 AM
This is just silly....now you are just being a pessimist. Believe :clap: we can DO it! Hopefully if we win a playoff game the vibe gets a bit more positive in here. :spock: I guess 25 years without a playoff win kinda does that. :shake:

It hasn't been QUITE that long...

DTLB58
04-03-2014, 11:38 AM
Closest Chiefs season I've found was '92
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/kan/1992.htm

DT 14.5
Neil Smith 14.5
Dan Saleaumua 6.0

The average age of The '84 Bears and the Chief players here are 26. Hali will turn 31 in November.
I don't think there are to many more seasons where we can just expect double digit sacks from him.

SeeingRed
04-03-2014, 11:41 AM
It hasn't been QUITE that long...

See now I'm being the pessimist :shake: its true 1994...so 20 years. Hopefully the drought ends this year.

keg in kc
04-03-2014, 11:43 AM
I've always believed inside is more valuable than outside, you just don't see it as much because it's a lot harder to find and, I think, a lot harder to execute.

What you really want is both, of course.

htismaqe
04-03-2014, 11:46 AM
See now I'm being the pessimist :shake: its true 1994...so 20 years. Hopefully the drought ends this year.

You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

SeeingRed
04-03-2014, 11:51 AM

DT 14.5
Neil Smith 14.5
Dan Saleaumua 6.0

Well we know Houston and Hali if healthy will get 10 at a bare minimum. So we need one more to make Chiefs history. As unlikely as it might be it doesn't seem all that unreasonable from Catapano. I dont see anybody else who can do it. Poe no, Walker no, Bailey def no. Catapano has the skill set so maybe. Just went and looked on his social media page and his post today makes me think its possible. I like the kid's confidence. Only time will tell but 3 double digit sack guys would be pretty cool. Especially since its something that has never been done by a Chief's team.

SeeingRed
04-03-2014, 11:53 AM
You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

:( lol....NO!!! :shake: We will win a playoff game in 2014!!! :thumb:

SeeingRed
04-03-2014, 11:53 AM
I've always believed inside is more valuable than outside, you just don't see it as much because it's a lot harder to find and, I think, a lot harder to execute.

Exactly!! :thumb: this is why we should all root for this kid to breakout

MahiMike
04-03-2014, 01:29 PM
We're from Missouri. ..

WhiteWhale
04-03-2014, 01:37 PM

Interior pressure, in my experience, causes more bad passes and interceptions because the QB can't simply step up to avoid it. It forces back foot throws and stuff like that. QB's often get rid of the ball and avoid the sack, but it often still ends up in a positive play for the defense.

Even if the guy gets 6 sacks... if he can push the pocket back into the QB it would be HUGE for the defense.

KC is hyping this guy as the next big thing and it's not like we haven't heard this shit before (Paging Jon Baldwin). At this point I'm also tired of hearing about him. If he's all the team is hyping him up to be it will be pretty easy to see it on sundays.

Ebolapox
04-03-2014, 01:42 PM
What is up with the random bold words in the OP?

beach tribe
04-03-2014, 01:46 PM
Interior pass rushers are a killer against any O from any era.

Great ones are probably rarer than FQBs, though.

There is nothing close to a John Randle on this roster.
Maybe Poe....one day.

planetdoc
04-03-2014, 01:54 PM
The hold grail is putting consistent pressure on the qb with the minimum of players. I dont think it really matters where it comes from, as long it meets the above statement.

beach tribe
04-03-2014, 01:59 PM
Interior pressure, in my experience, causes more bad passes and interceptions because the QB can't simply step up to avoid it. It forces back foot throws and stuff like that. QB's often get rid of the ball and avoid the sack, but it often still ends up in a positive play for the defense.

Even if the guy gets 6 sacks... if he can push the pocket back into the QB it would be HUGE for the defense.

KC is hyping this guy as the next big thing and it's not like we haven't heard this shit before (Paging Jon Baldwin). At this point I'm also tired of hearing about him. If he's all the team is hyping him up to be it will be pretty easy to see it on sundays.
These bundle of super duper, what if, hope articles come out every season.
They're greatest value come in the form of streak free squeegee rags for the entrepreneurial crack smoker.
Make some plays.
Then you can be something more than just not a huge hole in the roster.
I think he will flash.
Get some people's hopes up, but just be a solid role player. Something like T-Jack
Which isn't a..bad thing per se. T-Jacks pick was higher than Guido Von Esquire's round.

SeeingRed
04-03-2014, 02:20 PM
We're from Missouri. ..

Missouri - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missouri‎
Wikipedia
Nickname(s): The Show Me State. Motto(s): Salus populi ... Missouri (see pronunciations) is a U.S. state located in the Midwestern United States. Missouri is the ...

I like this :thumb:

SeeingRed
04-03-2014, 02:31 PM
In reading this article posted on the Chief's page about Cat I am excited to see what hes got...I really like his attitude.

The thoughts of Dorsey, as well as Chiefs head coach Andy Reid, who said Catapano is "a good, solid football player, who’s very solid, very intense and loves to play", continue to fuel his tireless work ethic.

"It’s very reassuring," Catapano said of the compliments by the Chiefs brass. "I think it’s a very unique relationship that the administration has with the players. It’s great to know that they believe in me and that’s why they wanted me here. So, I’m just ready to put it all on the line for them and for the city and to show everybody in Kansas City what I can do."

Valiant
04-03-2014, 02:52 PM

DT 14.5
Neil Smith 14.5
Dan Saleaumua 6.0

The average age of The '84 Bears and the Chief players here are 26. Hali will turn 31 in November.
I don't think there are to many more seasons where we can just expect double digit sacks from him.

I agree with this, but if you can get a serious threat pushing sacks from the middle, the outside rushers should be able to pick up some free sacks.

A great interior pass rusher without having to blitz is gold in the nfl. Makes your CB/LB/S all a level better. Kind of like the peyton effect on WRs and RBs...

Easy 6
04-03-2014, 03:03 PM
I admire your optimism Red, the older this place gets the angrier and more bitter we become, its good to have some sunny side of life takes to help even things out.

Cat did flash pretty nicely a handful of times, so theres always hope...

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-03-2014, 03:11 PM
Homers' pimping of Catapano makes Pravda look like a fire and brimstone sermon.

This shit is fucking ridiculous.

SeeingRed
04-03-2014, 03:19 PM
I admire your optimism Red, the older this place gets the angrier and more bitter we become, its good to have some sunny side of life takes to help even things out.

lol...ya i guess its either half full or half empty. Its encouraging to see they are so high on him...no hopefully they play the guy so we can see what hes got.

Check out this interview i just saw on another site. Its an old interview of him during East West Shrine Game, the interviewer from College2Pro.com doesnt even say his name right. But gives some really good insight into this kid. Its VERY VERY hard NOT to like this guy when you listen to him talk. Cool interview. He actually compares himself to JJ Watt and The Terminator in the interview. :hmmm: I kinda like that combo! Lets see.

scroll down on the page and hit the small play button to hear interview.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&ved=0CFIQFjAF&url=http%3A%2F%2Fcollege2pro.com%2Farchive%2FshowPlayer.php%3Fid%3D113&ei=iMo9U6z6J47fsASDsYH4Cg&usg=AFQjCNHUwmwewnURPYppL7Wdj0gYMUj-Lg&sig2=kObWOgNiipM9aMA160fLeg&bvm=bv.64125504,d.cWc

SeeingRed
04-03-2014, 03:21 PM
Homers' pimping of Catapano makes Pravda look like a fire and brimstone sermon.

This shit is ****ing ridiculous.

not if he is as good as they are saying. :shake: that would be a very pleasant surprise

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-03-2014, 03:33 PM
not if he is as good as they are saying. :shake: that would be a very pleasant surprise

A guy with three fucking career tackles. If he didn't attend Princeton, no one would give a shit about this guy.

There are 1000 Brian Johnston's for every Jared Allen.

I swear, Chiefs fans would pass up Berkshire Hathaway stock to invest in fucking scratcher's tickets and Keno.

SeeingRed
04-03-2014, 03:48 PM
A guy with three ****ing career tackles. If he didn't attend Princeton, no one would give a shit about this guy.

There are 1000 Brian Johnston's for every Jared Allen.

I swear, Chiefs fans would pass up Berkshire Hathaway stock to invest in ****ing scratcher's tickets and Keno.

Hey anytime a 7th rounder can turn into a solid NFL player its a huge positive. When both the Head Coach and the GM come out about him and they post lots of stuff on their website about him it may be telling (or why else would they do it?). I have read alot of stuff on Catapano and I have never heard a former teammate or coach ever say anything that wasn't positive about him. I look forward to seeing what he can do. Hopefully the year of NFL experience and the added 20 lbs help him be a contributing factor on this D

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-03-2014, 03:51 PM
Hey anytime a 7th rounder can turn into a solid NFL player its a huge positive. When both the Head Coach and the GM come out about him and they post lots of stuff on their website about him it may be telling (or why else would they do it?). I have read alot of stuff on Catapano and I have never heard a former teammate or coach ever say anything that wasn't positive about him. I look forward to seeing what he can do. Hopefully the year of NFL experience and the added 20 lbs help him be a contributing factor on this D

The darling of Haley's first off-season was another seventh round pick: motherfucker Jake O'Connell. Get a grip.

mcaj22
Having depth/rotation on the dline definitely helps (Giants, Ravens, Seahawks all had that in the their SBs)

We had that, then Fat Scott let those guys walk. Now if one of our two OLBers get ran into the ground we have Frank Zombo to save us. All teams have to do against the Chiefs is take out Houston or Hali and the pass rush is useless.

Rausch
Hey anytime a 7th rounder can turn into a solid NFL player its a huge positive. When both the Head Coach and the GM come out about him and they post lots of stuff on their website about him it may be telling (or why else would they do it?).

Brian Shay...

Pasta Little Brioni
04-03-2014, 10:32 PM
Cat is the new Powe

BossChief
04-03-2014, 10:41 PM
I see him as another Jimmy Wilkerson type player...maybe Wallace Gilberry.

That's being generous.

OldSchool
04-03-2014, 10:43 PM
Cat is the new Powe

Not at all. Powe was a pure bull rusher. Cat actually flashed some goid technique. He is also a hell of a lot smarter than Powe is.

Psyko Tek
04-03-2014, 11:39 PM

ROFL

we do play oakland twice

DTLB58
04-03-2014, 11:47 PM

Who are you referring to? Hold on, I gotta yell at the neighbor kids again. Get off my lawn! :thumb:

Easy 6
04-04-2014, 12:03 AM
Who are you referring to? Hold on, I gotta yell at the neighbor kids again. Get off my lawn! :thumb:

LMAO varying interpretations, the years are disparate so no one actually has a lock on suffering, but I do know THIS... those who have suffered will tolerate petty grievances such as snotnosed brats in our yards no longer!

If the Chiefs cannot win, than neither can any of you little neighborhood shitheads!

We will fight in the yards, we will fight on the shed roofs, we will fight in the alleys, we will fight in the basement romper rooms as you try to corrupt our kids, we shall fight your overly permissive parents, we shall fight in the landing fields...

Pasta Little Brioni
04-04-2014, 08:39 AM
I see him as another Jimmy Wilkerson type player...maybe Wallace Gilberry.

That's being generous.

I meant as far as CP hype goes. All we heard was "omg can u imagine Powe Poe Hali Houston omg"

I Quoted the wrong guy ROFL

Steron
04-04-2014, 09:27 AM
I saw a lot of potential in Catapano last season. He's a rare physical specimen and will only improve with more playing time. The best interior pass rush is provided by a strong pocket collapsing push up the middle. Dontari is the key to that.

They better find somebody to spell Poe or he'll gas down the stretch.

OldSchool
04-04-2014, 09:31 AM
They better find somebody to spell Poe or he'll gas down the stretch.

Tell that to Sutton's dumb ass.

Steron
04-04-2014, 09:33 AM
Tell that to Sutton's dumb ass.

Powe can do it. Oh wait. Never mind.

OldSchool
04-04-2014, 09:45 AM
Powe can do it. Oh wait. Never mind.

He had Powe last year and still played Poe on 87.9% of the defensive snaps. That's ridiculous for a 340+ pound man.

Not even Baltimore's Haloti Ngata plays that much; Ravens only had him in on 65.1% of their defensive snaps last season.

Raji played 57.7% of GB's defensive snaps.

Phil Taylor played 47.7% of the Brown's defensive snaps.

The only one who came close, I think, was Marcell Dareus of the Bills at 72% of their defensive snaps.

Hell, he played more defensive snaps than Suh did.

Suh= 878 defensive snaps, 85.1% of their defensive snaps

Poe= 975 defensive snaps, 87.9% of the Chief's defensive snaps and he has nearly 40 pounds on Suh.

That's freaken insane and seriously needs to change. :shake:

RealSNR
04-04-2014, 10:05 AM
I swear, Chiefs fans would pass up Berkshire Hathaway stock to invest in fucking scratcher's tickets and Keno.

LMAO LMAO LMAO

Rausch
04-04-2014, 12:53 PM
Cat is the new Powe

Powe was a high talent guy with off the field concerns that dropped him. On talent alone he was like a mid-low 3rd round talent.

mcaj22
04-04-2014, 01:02 PM
Powe was a high talent guy with off the field concerns that dropped him. On talent alone he was like a mid-low 3rd round talent.

that did absolutely nothing when on the Chiefs

Rausch
04-04-2014, 01:11 PM
that did absolutely nothing when on the Chiefs

He never got to play. When he did he did a good job.

htismaqe
04-04-2014, 03:08 PM
He never got to play. When he did he did a good job.

Don't you think if he was actually good, they would have found a way to get him on the field?

Rausch
04-04-2014, 03:15 PM
Don't you think if he was actually good, they would have found a way to get him on the field?

We could have a future HOF NT on the roster and we wouldn't know because they don't really rotate Poe.

This happens with players all the time. Look at guys like Jamal Charles, Joe Horn, etc...

mcaj22
04-04-2014, 03:18 PM
I find it funny that Powe never got to play on the Chiefs but yet the Chiefs are the same team that will gift free spots to Sanders Commings, Hussain Abdullah, Joe Mays, Mike Catapano, Rishaw Johnson and AJ Jenkins who have shown absolutely nothing as capable NFL starters, but have every chance to be on the Chiefs. But for Powe, he never got that chance, that's only for every other position on the roster.

htismaqe
04-04-2014, 03:19 PM
We could have a future HOF NT on the roster and we wouldn't know because they don't really rotate Poe.

This happens with players all the time. Look at guys like Jamal Charles, Joe Horn, etc...

I think they would rotate Poe more if they thought they had somebody capable behind him.

Rausch
04-04-2014, 03:23 PM
I think they would rotate Poe more if they thought they had somebody capable behind him.

They need to no matter who's 2nd string. If they don't they have a gassed player who's nearly as ineffective at the end of the year as the b/u...

Iconic
04-04-2014, 03:27 PM
Contracts aside, if we had the opportunity to replace Poe with Suh would anyone be willing to take it? I was having a similar debate with a Lions fan I know and he kept saying Suh> Poe.

I know Suh plays 3 tech, and Poe is more of a nose... but still.

OldSchool
04-04-2014, 03:30 PM
Contracts aside, if we had the opportunity to replace Poe with Suh would anyone be willing to take it? I was having a similar debate with a Lions fan I know and he kept saying Suh> Poe.

I know Suh plays 3 tech, and Poe is more of a nose... but still.

Two different animals.

Iconic
04-04-2014, 03:37 PM
Two different animals.

I bet if Poe lined up face on an OG he'd have a 10 sack season easy.

OldSchool
04-04-2014, 03:42 PM
I bet if Poe lined up face on an OG he'd have a 10 sack season easy.

I wish we had a DC who was smart enough to try and find out whether or not that could be true.