PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV SceneItAll Tournament: Round 1, Heat 104

Rain Man
04-03-2014, 06:01 PM
The rules:

In Round 1, I'm going to put up three randomly selected scenes from the nomination thread.

You'll vote for your ONE favorite scene among the three. The key here is FAVORITE. We're not talking about the 'best' or 'most powerful' or 'most meaningful'. We're talking about the scene that you most enjoy watching, however you define that.

The winners will move on. I'll also take the 10 highest-scoring second-place scenes and they'll advance as wild cards.

Some of our nominations did not include clips. This will be noted. If you find a clip, please post it and let me know so I can update it if it moves on.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qsyfGwlf_l0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/aEryAoLfnAA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5Ay5GqJwHF8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Easy 6
04-03-2014, 06:02 PM
IN FIRST!

Rain Man
04-03-2014, 06:04 PM
My votes:

#1 - Field of Dreams. I'm not a big fan of this movie and think the writing is generally not very good. But this scene is fine, and I really like that house.

#2 - Aladdin. It's a fine scene, but I tend to discount animated scenes. I'll note, though, that the Aladdin princess may be my favorite of all the Disney princesses. Rowwwwwr.

#3 - Donnie Darko. It looked pretty much like a high school in the morning. What am I missing?

digger
04-03-2014, 06:36 PM
My votes:

#1 - Field of Dreams. I'm not a big fan of this movie and think the writing is generally not very good. But this scene is fine, and I really like that house.

#2 - Aladdin. It's a fine scene, but I tend to discount animated scenes. I'll note, though, that the Aladdin princess may be my favorite of all the Disney princesses. Rowwwwwr.

#3 - Donnie Darko. It looked pretty much like a high school in the morning. What am I missing? You haven't see Donnie Darko, have you?

Rain Man
04-03-2014, 06:39 PM
You haven't see Donnie Darko, have you?

No. Is there something important about this scene that I'm not getting?

Easy 6
04-03-2014, 06:40 PM
Rented Darko maybe two years ago... its intriguingly atmospheric from beginning to end, hence its cult status, but the scene mentioned is dull and the entire movie ends in a very vague, unsatisfying way for me.

Baseball? its even more boring than the ending of Donnie Darko... but it WAS a very well done movie and this particular scene is the iconic moment of the whole thing, so easy win.

Rain Man
04-05-2014, 12:39 PM
Field of Dreams will appear from nowhere in the second round.

BlackHelicopters
04-05-2014, 01:38 PM
Field of Dreams

rico
04-05-2014, 01:56 PM
I absolutely love, love, love the Donnie Darko "Head Over Heels" scene. Definitely in my top 20 ever.

ThaVirus
04-05-2014, 01:57 PM
"Hey! Clear the way
in the old bazaar.
Hey, you! Let us through
it's a bright new star.
Oh, come be the first on the block to meet his eyeeeee!"

Aladdin for me.