PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Rasslin is YES! YES! YES!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Reaper16
04-08-2014, 09:58 AM
Last thread has well over 10,000 replies. Its body is breaking down like The Undertaker's. Seeing as we might have crossed the threshold into a new era in the business, here's a fresh new thread.

http://cmsimg.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=D9&Date=20140407&Category=SPORTS&ArtNo=140407017&Ref=AR&MaxW=640&Border=0&Wrestlemania-official-vows-return-New-Orleans

teedubya
04-08-2014, 09:59 AM
I feel a great disturbance in the force... like a famous wrestler is going to die today or something.

keg in kc
04-08-2014, 10:00 AM
Yeah. It's time.

Although I think the new era lasts until August 1, when Guardians of the Galaxy premieres and they do something major with Batista to feed off it. This is what, two weeks before summerslam? I'm still skeptical that they really do follow through with the Bryan/Lesnar plan.

TLO
04-08-2014, 10:00 AM
YES! YES! YES!

cosmo20002
04-08-2014, 10:01 AM
Does Baron Von Rashke have any matches coming up?

Pasta Little Brioni
04-08-2014, 10:02 AM
Let's all get Wrasslers names again

MotherfuckerJones
04-08-2014, 10:03 AM
Welcome to the Silverdome brother!!! Haha stfu Hogan

chiefscafan
04-08-2014, 10:03 AM
I loved raw the crowd was amazing and the surprises were great not predictive at all

chiefscafan
04-08-2014, 10:11 AM
Love hogan but when paul heyman called him out was hillarious sure hogan wasn't happy

Reaper16
04-08-2014, 10:12 AM
I wish God Heyman were my real dad.

loochy
04-08-2014, 10:14 AM
Let's all get Wrasslers names again

I'm the Ultimate Warrior!

(who still has a bad habit of rambling on, btw)

cosmo20002
04-08-2014, 10:23 AM
Baron Von Rashke!

No wait...Mad Dog Vachon. I'm Mad Dog Vachon.

otherstar
04-08-2014, 01:29 PM
Bulldog Bob Brown!

BigMeatballDave
04-08-2014, 01:36 PM
I'm still amazed that adults watch this.

I haven't watched this crap with interest since HS.

BlackHelicopters
04-08-2014, 01:39 PM
In.

Mecca
04-08-2014, 01:51 PM

It's an athletic TV show, big deal. That's like bitching that people go watch super hero movies.

listopencil
04-08-2014, 01:58 PM

Still a better love story than Twilight.

Dayze
04-08-2014, 02:02 PM
I always wondered what the "Cha la la la" thing was in the thread title of the previous one.

ILChief
04-08-2014, 02:05 PM
I always wondered what the "Cha la la la" thing was in the thread title of the previous one.

Fan-dan-go

Mr. Arrowhead
04-08-2014, 02:07 PM
http://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/untitled-15.gif?w=1000

loochy
04-08-2014, 02:08 PM
http://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/untitled-15.gif?w=1000

LOL yeah i saw that guy after taker lost

lmao

loochy
04-08-2014, 02:09 PM

you remind me of the people that go into soccer threads and complain about soccer sucking

:thumb:

BigCatDaddy
04-08-2014, 02:09 PM

Thanks Dipshit Dave. Now GTFO bitch.

Swanman
04-08-2014, 03:33 PM

You now earned the name XPac

Strongside
04-08-2014, 03:35 PM
I'm not a WWE fan. Used to be. But I must admit, I had free suite tickets to see Smackdown a few months back at the Sprint Center and it was legitimately the most entertaining thing I've ever seen there. Hilarity and genuine athleticism. I know it's entertainment and show, but there's no way that shit doesn't destroy those guys' bodies.

Sfeihc
04-08-2014, 03:36 PM
I am the "Polish Power" Ivan Putski.

CoMoChief
04-08-2014, 03:39 PM
Used to watch it religiously in HS. That's when it was actually fun to watch with the Monday night wars. That's why wrestling sucks now ...WWE doesn't have to compete with anyone they can throw out the old Cena horse and they'll ride it til it falls over and dies. No legitimate star power in that biz anymore. It's like the moron who buys Madden every yr expecting it to change but with their NFL rights it's the only game to buy so you're stuck with crap.

Reaper16
04-08-2014, 03:44 PM
Used to watch it religiously in HS. That's when it was actually fun to watch with the Monday night wars. That's why wrestling sucks now ...WWE doesn't have to compete with anyone they can throw out the old Cena horse and they'll ride it til it falls over and dies. No legitimate star power in that biz anymore. It's like the moron who buys Madden every yr expecting it to change but with their NFL rights it's the only game to buy so you're stuck with crap.

WWE has more legit talent right now than it ever has.

Sassy Squatch
04-08-2014, 04:12 PM
Yeah I can agree there. It isn't the most entertaining its ever been but the talent level is unreal ATM

Jamie
04-08-2014, 04:16 PM

An underrated aspect of the competition with WCW was that it cleared the older guys out of WWF and left room for new stars to grow.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-08-2014, 07:28 PM
Questions: What are the feelings towards 1) the streak ending 2) a part-time attraction being the one to end it?

loochy
04-08-2014, 07:32 PM
Questions: What are the feelings towards 1) the streak ending 2) a part-time attraction being the one to end it?

1. I'm glad it's over. Dude can't even handle wrestling once a year anymore. Plus, the fan reactions were great.

2. Brock was a puzzling decision.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-08-2014, 07:41 PM
1. I'm glad it's over. Dude can't even handle wrestling once a year anymore. Plus, the fan reactions were great.

2. Brock was a puzzling decision.

So, the general POV that you should leave on your back still applies to UT at WM? Interesting. Thanks.

keg in kc
04-08-2014, 07:42 PM
Questions: What are the feelings towards 1) the streak ending 2) a part-time attraction being the one to end it?I think it was fine if that's how taker wanted to go out (and it apparently was), and I think if they play their cards right it could really turn Lesnar into a huge draw. It was basically a one-night fix-all to the way they wasted him for however much time he's been back (losing to basically everybody).

If I were in charge, I'd say he shouldn't lose at all to anybody (period) at least until next year's Wrestlemania, make him into the monster that he should be. He's pretty much the only legitimately scary guy on the roster at this point, as in somebody who's a wild card who could injure somebody (in story) at any time. Let Paul do all the talking, and let him just squash people. Then, finally, use him to put over somebody in a huge way next year (or even sometime later).

Basically, I think you can get more out of him (as a part-timer) than you could have ever gotten out of taker, assuming taker could ever even get in the ring again.

Although, in the end, I suspect they're just going to build toward Brock/Rock as has been rumored.

I'm not sure Bryan should be losing anytime soon, so I'd keep him away from Lesnar. Long term, maybe Lesnar can help him get to even another level (talk about the ultimate underdog match).

Also the potential of cesaro, I think. Paul Heyman gives a sort of built-in rivalry potential there. Although I really think that's more about giving Heyman something to do while Brock is gone. But you could ultimately use that as a platform to break Cesaro off from Heyman and potentially turn him into a megastar face.

Sassy Squatch
04-08-2014, 07:45 PM
Don't get the opposition to it being Brock. He desperately needed to look like a badass again and that did it. If he was a once a year part timer I would understand but he will be around for all of the big PPVs at least.

ILChief

Ziggler is the man. Wish he wasn't always in the doghouse

Sassy Squatch
I think it was fine if that's how taker wanted to go out (and it apparently was), and I think if they play their cards right it could really turn Lesnar into a huge draw. It was basically a one-night fix-all to the way they wasted him for however much time he's been back (losing to basically everybody).

If I were in charge, I'd say he shouldn't lose at all to anybody (period) at least until next year's Wrestlemania, make him into the monster that he should be. He's pretty much the only legitimately scary guy on the roster at this point, as in somebody who's a wild card who could injure somebody (in story) at any time. Let Paul do all the talking, and let him just squash people. Then, finally, use him to put over somebody in a huge way next year (or even sometime later).

Basically, I think you can get more out of him (as a part-timer) than you could have ever gotten out of taker, assuming taker could ever even get in the ring again.

Although, in the end, I suspect they're just going to build toward Brock/Rock as has been rumored.

I'm not sure Bryan should be losing anytime soon, so I'd keep him away from Lesnar. Long term, maybe Lesnar can help him get to even another level (talk about the ultimate underdog match).

Also the potential of cesaro, I think. Paul Heyman gives a sort of built-in rivalry potential there. Although I really think that's more about giving Heyman something to do while Brock is gone. But you could ultimately use that as a platform to break Cesaro off from Heyman and potentially turn him into a megastar face.
Or what you said. That works too.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-08-2014, 07:47 PM
I think it was fine if that's how taker wanted to go out (and it apparently was), and I think if they play their cards right it could really turn Lesnar into a huge draw. It was basically a one-night fix-all to the way they wasted him for however much time he's been back (losing to basically everybody).

So, booking wise, would you be ok with them to build to Rock v. Brock at WM XXXI and give the rub to Rocky, or do you make someone a transitional champion late in the year, have Lesnar destroy them, and then have Bryan win the title, as opposed to just defending it, at next year's WM?

keg in kc
04-08-2014, 07:52 PM
So, booking wise, would you be ok with them to build to Rock v. Brock at WM XXXI and give the rub to Rocky, or do you make someone a transitional champion late in the year, have Lesnar destroy them, and then have Bryan win the title, as opposed to just defending it, at next year's WM?Rock can't go over in that situation. Has to be Lesnar. And I'd make it non-title, although I'm not sure how you keep Lesnar out of the title picture. But those two wouldn't need a title to draw.

My problem right now is coming up with a good way to get the title off of Bryan without killing his momentum, which I think is still going to be fragile. This is WWE we're talking about, would anybody really be shocked if they just destroyed him at or after summerslam and dumped him back to the midcard...

(Hope they don't, but we've seen it a thousand times before...)

My fear is that it ends up on Batista round about the time that Guardians of the Galaxy hits theaters (august 1 - two weeks before summerslam).

Sassy Squatch
04-08-2014, 07:53 PM
So, booking wise, would you be ok with them to build to Rock v. Brock at WM XXXI and give the rub to Rocky, or do you make someone a transitional champion late in the year, have Lesnar destroy them, and then have Bryan win the title, as opposed to just defending it, at next year's WM?
Brock vs Rock is FINA as long as the championship is far away from it.

Sassy Squatch
04-08-2014, 07:55 PM
But if they really want Reigns to carry the company into the future he should be the one to beat Brock.

loochy
04-08-2014, 07:56 PM
So, the general POV that you should leave on your back still applies to UT at WM? Interesting. Thanks.

No, just my POV

WhiteWhale
04-08-2014, 07:58 PM
Rock can't go over in that situation. Has to be Lesnar. And I'd make it non-title, although I'm not sure how you keep Lesnar out of the title picture. But those two wouldn't need a title to draw.

My problem right now is coming up with a good way to get the title off of Bryan without killing his momentum, which I think is still going to be fragile. This is WWE we're talking about, would anybody really be shocked if they just destroyed him at or after summerslam and dumped him back to the midcard...

(Hope they don't, but we've seen it a thousand times before...)

My fear is that it ends up on Batista round about the time that Guardians of the Galaxy hits theaters (august 1 - two weeks before summerslam).

If you've been watching you know that won't happen.

The more they 'bury' Bryan (and there has been very little of that over the past 2 years) the more the fans get behind him.

Sassy Squatch
04-08-2014, 08:08 PM
Looks like Cesaro is playing the cowardly heel now.

TimeForWasp
04-08-2014, 08:15 PM
I wresled in high school. To me alstar wrestling is an insult to wrestling.

Fairplay
04-08-2014, 08:39 PM
I'm in love with AJ she's so hot.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-08-2014, 08:40 PM

Funny that you say that. Many of my friends in HS wrestled in high school, a few in college, and they are some of the biggest fans I know.

WhiteWhale
04-08-2014, 08:45 PM

The whole reason it's called professional wrestling is because when it started it was, in fact, a legit competitive sport. Now the WWE won't even call it wrestling, in spite of the word being in the company's name.

Reaper16
04-08-2014, 08:58 PM
I've come around to the thinking that you'd have to be 100% SURE about a young talent actually sticking around long-term for The Streak rub to have been effective. Even guys like Reigns and Bray Wyatt aren't sure bets for long-term stardom yet. That's a lot of pressure to dump on someone.

Brock is a really good choice to have ended the streak because it can't hurt him. The boos aren't going hurt his career like they would a young guy who WWE hopes can be a main card babyface draw in the future.

TimeForWasp
04-08-2014, 09:03 PM
Funny that you say that. Many of my friends in HS wrestled in high school, a few in college, and they are some of the biggest fans I know.

I don't understand that. Oh well.

Mr_Tomahawk
04-08-2014, 09:11 PM

I wrestled growing up and was invited to wrestle freestyle with the Kansas All-stars in high school. Was offered a scholarship by a small D-1 school that I turned down to go try to walk onto a well known powerhouse program. ...that didn't work out for me. :)

Never the less I have no problem with the WWE. Watched WCW and WWF as a child and although I don't follow it as closely as I use to...I still enjoy it and am entertained in nights when I am able to catch it.

Hell, a lot of the athletes on wwe are ex college wrestlers and this is how they earn a paycheck now.

BigCatDaddy
04-08-2014, 09:18 PM
I wrestled growing up and was invited to wrestle freestyle with the Kansas All-stars in high school. Was offered a scholarship by a small D-1 school that I turned down to go try to walk onto a well known powerhouse program. ...that didn't work out for me. :)

Never the less I have no problem with the WWE. Watched WCW and WWF as a child and although I don't follow it as closely as I use to...I still enjoy it and am entertained in nights when I am able to catch it.

<b>Hell, a lot of the athletes on wwe are ex college wrestlers and this is how they earn a paycheck now.</b>

One even won an Olympic gold medal.

loochy
04-08-2014, 09:32 PM
I don't understand that. Oh well.

It's a show. Remove it from your brain that this is an actual sports event. It's a tv show with lots of incredible athletic stunts.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-08-2014, 09:37 PM
This would be like some douche not liking Hollywood movies because he was in a high school play.

TimeForWasp
04-08-2014, 09:42 PM
This would be like some douche not liking Hollywood movies because he was in a high school play.

WWE > real wrestling = High school drama > movie actor??????

Do you argue with yourself ? I'll bet you do.

Reaper16
04-08-2014, 10:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior has passed away.
http://www.wwe.com/inside/ultimate-warrior-passes-away-26223975

One night after appearing on RAW, dude is dead. This is truly bizarre.

58kcfan89
04-08-2014, 10:03 PM

What. The. Fuck?

TimeForWasp
04-08-2014, 10:06 PM
I have no idea who this is.

Reaper16
04-08-2014, 10:07 PM
I have no idea who this is.

How old are you?

loochy
04-08-2014, 10:10 PM

What!? That can't be real

kcxiv
04-08-2014, 10:12 PM
HIs hall of fame speech was definitely weird. Kind of like the end. I was sitting there like wow, this doesnt seem right!

They havent said how he died, I hope he didnt kill himself.

TimBone
04-08-2014, 10:13 PM
HIs hall of fame speech was definitely weird. Kind of like the end. I was sitting there like wow, this doesnt seem right!

They havent said how he died, I hope he didnt kill himself.

You're gonna have to explain how it was weird.

58kcfan89
04-08-2014, 10:15 PM

It was Warrior. By definition, it was weird.

TimeForWasp
04-08-2014, 10:16 PM
How old are you?

54, but you do realize, I can't stand that shit.

loochy
04-08-2014, 10:16 PM
It was Warrior. By definition, it was weird.

This

MotherfuckerJones
04-08-2014, 10:17 PM
Ahh fuck

kcxiv
04-08-2014, 10:17 PM

he went on talking abotu like 30 min, everyone else was like what 5-10 min? He kept bringing up how all he wanted was people to know he was a nice man and not some crazy guy. He kind of went on and on about that aspect. Hell even Scott Hall who had WAY WAY more to talk about from his fall and him getting his life back together just kept it short and sweet and i heard that dude was an asshole. lol

kcxiv
04-08-2014, 10:19 PM
54, but you do realize, I can't stand that shit.

So why even post in the thread? you wanted to know who the dude was Google will let you know EVERYTHING. Unless your just trolling. Probably that.

MotherfuckerJones
04-08-2014, 10:19 PM
Man, white sox win 15-3 and this happens. Fuck

TimeForWasp
04-08-2014, 10:22 PM
So why even post in the thread? you wanted to know who the dude was Google will let you know EVERYTHING. Unless your just trolling. Probably that.

Don't really know what trolling means. I was asked a question. I don't know the guy. And I don't even know why I'm in this thread.

loochy
04-08-2014, 10:22 PM
he went on talking abotu like 30 min, everyone else was like what 5-10 min? He kept bringing up how all he wanted was people to know he was a nice man and not some crazy guy. He kind of went on and on about that aspect. Hell even Scott Hall who had WAY WAY more to talk about from his fall and him getting his life back together just kept it short and sweet and i heard that dude was an asshole. lol

Have you seen any of his webcasts? Did you see his promos in wcw? He is known gor rambling on forever like that.

loochy
04-08-2014, 10:23 PM
Don't really know what trolling means. I was asked a question. I don't know the guy. And I don't even know why I'm in this thread.

It's exactly what you are doing now.

TimeForWasp
04-08-2014, 10:25 PM
It's exactly what you are doing now.

K bye

BigCatDaddy
04-08-2014, 10:29 PM
I can't imagine that it was natural causes given the timing of all of this.

MotherfuckerJones
04-08-2014, 10:30 PM
R.I.P James Hellwig

kcxiv
Have you seen any of his webcasts? Did you see his promos in wcw? He is known gor rambling on forever like that.

WHatever, i guess, still seem'ed off to me while watching it. I almost cringed a few times. Loved him as a wrestler as a kid.

RIP Warrior.

also, i never seen his webcasts. I dont follow anyting wrestling anymore. Well until i seen Scott Hall was being inducted, so i watched that and Wrestlemania. I was/am a huge fan of Hall.

tk13

Some of the best videos on YouTube are Ultimate Warrior speeches from the 80's.

CoMoChief
04-08-2014, 10:31 PM
What...the .....fuck?

Warrior died? Just saw this on Facebook. This true?

LiveSteam
04-08-2014, 10:31 PM
Dead at 54
http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/pro-wrestling-legend-ultimate-warrior-dead-54/story?id=23250160

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ffXJodvm66E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kcxiv
04-08-2014, 10:32 PM
QQ in rassling thread. lol

LiveSteam
04-08-2014, 10:33 PM
Well son of bitch

Reaper16
04-08-2014, 10:35 PM
I really hope it isn't suicide, like you said, Fruit Ninja. His promo on RAW last night can be interpreted as a sort of suicide note, talking about how every man one day dies and some men will live forever in the stories that people tell about them etc etc.

update: WWE Network no longer has Saturday's Hall of Fame induction ceremony available to watch on-demand.

CoMoChief
This saddens me.

Weird considering he was just inducted into the WWE HOF and was part of the entire WM weekend etc.

Valiant
QQ in rassling thread. lol

doesn't count in another thread for somethign else..

58kcfan89
04-08-2014, 10:36 PM
I kinda wrote off his HOF speech and promo last night as "Warrior being Warrior" when he was talking about weird crap like how your legacy will live on after you're gone because of the fans' memories & whatnot. Now I'm hoping it wasn't something more than that.

EDIT: Dammit, you guys, beating me to the point. Timing of this is freaking crazy.

Valiant
04-08-2014, 10:36 PM
This saddens me.

Weird considering he was just inducted into the WWE HOF and was part of the entire WM weekend etc.

Lived long enough to see it though...

RIP, only a few of my favorites left from teh 80s..

Deberg_1990
04-08-2014, 10:37 PM
Wow, RIp...loved watching him perform when I was a kid.

kcxiv
04-08-2014, 10:38 PM
I kinda wrote off his HOF speech and promo last night as "Warrior being Warrior" when he was talking about weird crap like how your legacy will live on after you're gone because of the fans' memories & whatnot. Now I'm hoping it wasn't something more than that.

EDIT: Dammit, you guys, beating me to the point. Timing of this is freaking crazy.

good to know i wasnt the only one that thought that. I said it a few pages back and had to explain why.

All in all, it was weird! and yes i know he's Weird as it is.

BigCatDaddy
04-08-2014, 10:42 PM
Way to kick off the new thread Reaper, you asshole :D

Reaper16
04-08-2014, 10:43 PM
Way to kick off the new thread Reaper, you asshole :D

My username is REAPER. What the heck else am I do to besides herald death?

Ultra Peanut
04-08-2014, 10:45 PM
... welp,

58kcfan89
04-08-2014, 10:51 PM
For anyone who missed it on Raw last night... Creepy.

"Every mans heart one day beats its final beat. His lungs breathe its final breath. And if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the bodies of others; If it makes them believe deeper in something larger than life; than his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized..."

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xR08M6EUd0g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reaper16
04-08-2014, 10:53 PM
The spaceship has been loaded with the rocket fuel. R.I.P.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-08-2014, 11:01 PM

SHOVE THAT PLANE INTO A NOSEDIVE!!

In58men
04-08-2014, 11:06 PM
Best memory, Hulk vs Sid, Papa Shango comes down to help Sid and then.......DUN DUN DUN.......dundundundundun ITS THE WARRIOR!!!!!!!

CoMoChief
04-08-2014, 11:12 PM
I really hope it isn't suicide, like you said, Fruit Ninja. His promo on RAW last night can be interpreted as a sort of suicide note, talking about how every man one day dies and some men will live forever in the stories that people tell about them etc etc.

update: WWE Network no longer has Saturday's Hall of Fame induction ceremony available to watch on-demand.

Wow seriously?

CoMoChief
04-08-2014, 11:20 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Tn9gtrHXxcg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ultra Peanut
04-08-2014, 11:22 PM

The cockpit doors are in the enclosed pool area.

CoMoChief
04-08-2014, 11:29 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xR08M6EUd0g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

listopencil
04-08-2014, 11:40 PM
Man, this fucking sucks. Thanks for the entertainment and RIP.

Sassy Squatch
04-08-2014, 11:49 PM
Sounds like it really was natural. Collapsed while walking to his car with his wife.

BryanBusby
04-09-2014, 02:24 AM
They probably shouldn't get the Iron Sheik to say any words at his funeral.

https://twitter.com/search?q=from%3A%40the_ironsheik%20ultimate%20warrior&src=typd&f=realtime

It sucks for his family, especially his wife, but I can't build up much pity for a huge homophobe and racist.

Sassy Squatch
04-09-2014, 03:35 AM
They probably shouldn't get the Iron Sheik to say any words at his funeral.

https://twitter.com/search?q=from%3A%40the_ironsheik%20ultimate%20warrior&src=typd&f=realtime

It sucks for his family, especially his wife, but I can't build up much pity for a huge homophobe and racist.
He would fit perfectly here

loochy
04-09-2014, 06:01 AM
Some of the best videos on YouTube are Ultimate Warrior speeches from the 80's.

Oh, those are great.

His repeated shoots and rants against hogan and vince were not so great. Tjey were, however, very interesting.

Warrior (real life version) struck me as a wannabe philosopher.

With that being said, he is still my all time favorite (followed by kanedertaker).

... THE POWER OF ALL THE WARRIORS IS FLOATIN THROUGH THE VEINS IN THE BLOOD OF THE WARRRRRRRRRRIIIAAAAHHHHHH

SNORT

Mr. Arrowhead
04-09-2014, 06:04 AM
that is crazy, I remember watching him on Raw when he spoke this past monday, and thinking man he doesnt look good, he looked like he was about to have a heart attack on the spot.

BigRock
04-09-2014, 06:05 AM
He definitely came off like a pretty vile person the last decade or so. Without even factoring in the bigoted stuff, just the things he said about Bobby Heenan deserving his cancer. And I forget who it was in reference to, but he ripped someone after they'd died and said the person's children would be better off without their dad.

But seeing his daughters come out to the stage with him at the HOF and all that. Fuck.

Mosbonian
04-09-2014, 06:10 AM

Rather than come in here and try to insult people's intelligence you could have spent more time in the classroom polishing your spelling skills.

And like many others have said in posts.....I have all kinds of friends I know who wrestled both in HS and in College who have no issue with this.

You sound a bit frustrated, almost like you tried out and were told you couldn't cut it.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-09-2014, 06:24 AM
Dude tried to troll, got beat down, then played dumb.

Mecca
04-09-2014, 06:36 AM
That Warrior thing is just so bizarre. I wasn't expecting that, it's like there was finally closure to his career and bam he's gone.

Reaper16
04-09-2014, 07:08 AM
Natural causes makes this merely bizarre instead of horrifying. Whew.

LoneWolf
04-09-2014, 07:10 AM
John Pinnete, Mickey Rooney, and The Ultimate Warrior. I guess actors do die in threes.

otherstar
04-09-2014, 10:39 AM
that is crazy, I remember watching him on Raw when he spoke this past monday, and thinking man he doesnt look good, he looked like he was about to have a heart attack on the spot.

I just watched the video on YouTube that CoMoChief posted and I'd have to agree. I watched my father battle heart disease for the last 20 years of his life and I'd be surprised if Warrior didn't die of a massive heart attack. Macho Man died of a massive heart attack, except that he was driving at the time.

mcaj22
04-09-2014, 11:11 AM
He definitely came off like a pretty vile person the last decade or so. Without even factoring in the bigoted stuff, just the things he said about Bobby Heenan deserving his cancer. And I forget who it was in reference to, but he ripped someone after they'd died and said the person's children would be better off without their dad.

But seeing his daughters come out to the stage with him at the HOF and all that. ****.

That was about Heath Ledger.

rico
04-09-2014, 11:12 AM
Rather than come in here and try to insult people's intelligence you could have spent more time in the classroom polishing your spelling skills.

And like many others have said in posts.....I have all kinds of friends I know who wrestled both in HS and in College who have no issue with this.

You sound a bit frustrated, almost like you tried out and were told you couldn't cut it.

I wrestled in youth/high school/college. To this day, I still consider competing in open tournaments, if I were ever granted the time to get back into wrestling shape. I have no problem with the WWE. In fact, I loved watching it while growing up and still enjoy it if I get the chance to watch it to this day. And I can't get over their athleticism...guys like Shawn Michaels. Guys like Mick Foley who defy logic in terms of not only making it to the WWE appearing physically incapable of competing with the monsters he competed against, but also avoiding their own physical demise (in other words, I don't know how on Earth that guy didn't die after performing some of the stunts he did in the ring, let alone, got up and went back for more...just incredible).

However, I do know why the wrestlers (usually high caliber guys) hate WWE wrestling. It all has to do with notoriety, money and the word "professional" being placed in front of the word, "wrestling." Real wrestlers spend hours and hours and hours training and make huge sacrifices in terms of managing their weight for....nothing, but pride in their accomplishments. Considering WWE wrestlers receive the notoriety/fame, tons of money and to boot, are considered the "professionals" of the wrestling genre, it really grinds a lot of real wrestlers' gears...for they feel that this sport they spend all the time, blood, sweat, tears, etc. training for is not only disrespected, but disregarded completely.... in the perspectives of real wrestlers at the D1 and International level, they are the ones who engage in professional wrestling and are the ones who are deserving of the fame, notoriety and...money. The lack of compensation issue as been alleviated a bit with the emergence and popularity of the UFC, for a lot of wrestlers have turned to the UFC when their wrestling tenures come to a conclusion...and regardless of what anyone on here claims, wrestlers are at a HUGE advantage in comparison to fighters who don't have a wrestling background. So wrestlers who decide on that route are being fiscally compensated, for they are generally successful in the UFC. Problem is, many of your top caliber wrestlers are unwilling to fight in the UFC because they don't want to dodge the potential "permanent physiological damage" bullets to their bodies, which is obviously a huge risk in the UFC.

Hell, real wrestling was stripped from (and eventually reinstated) the freaking Olympics...one of the world's oldest fucking sports...eliminated. Ironically and IMO, a lot of these high caliber wrestlers are the reason that wrestling was stripped from the Olympics to begin with...because strategic defensive wrestling has consumed the sport and has made the sport boring to the common spectator. As a result, some of the philosophies that have made wrestling fun to watch in the first place are no longer applicable. It used to be "the best defense is a good offense," but now it is basically, "the best offense (or way to win, I guess) is an obnoxiously blatantly utilized overly-defensive strategy." The philosophy of "wrestling to win," has been dethroned by "wrestling not to lose." And as a result, the sport has generally become fucking boring to watch...much more boring than it was over a decade ago... and it all starts at the college level and in some cases, the elite high school level. Wrestlers aren't being aggressive and trying to score points, but are resorting doing whatever they can to just ensure that they do not give up any points and are perfectly content with winning the match 1-0, by scoring their 1 point via riding time or in OT/sudden victory. It has become ridiculous. Real wrestling is at an all-time low right now and I was hoping that wrestling being eliminated as an Olympic sport would be a wake-up call, but so far it hasn't.

The high caliber real wrestlers who hate WWE wrestling need to shift the blame/hate from WWE wrestling itself, and focusing on advocating to make the sport more watchable to the common spectators by means of finding ways to make real wrestling more entertaining to watch via increasing offensive wrestling. Many common spectators don't "get" real wrestling in terms of the rules, strategy, scoring system, etc. and don't really want to because there doesn't appear to be a lot of action in it...The sport has become so defensive that to the common spectator, it comes off to them as a lot of ring around the rosie/paddy-cake bullshit where two guys seem to be circling away from each other and "playing" the outer line of the wrestling mat. At least when a person watches WWE wrestling, they get to see guys getting power-bombed, bashed over the head with chairs, strangled, suplexed, etc...which provides a substantial amount of additional entertainment value when compared to what the sport of wrestling has become in recent years.

WhiteWhale
04-09-2014, 11:14 AM
Natural causes makes this merely bizarre instead of horrifying. Whew.

Honestly, it's not bizarre.

He was known as the anabolic warrior to his peers and was juiced out of his mind for over a decade. That stuff is terrible for your heart and it's a big reason these guys tend to have massive heart attacks so young.

rico
04-09-2014, 11:15 AM
John Pinnete, Mickey Rooney, and The Ultimate Warrior. I guess actors do die in threes.

I am really upset about the deaths of The Ultimate Warrior and Mickey Rooney. The Ultimate Warrior was my favorite WWF wrestler... I have a lot of fond memories of watching Mickey Rooney movies at my grandpa and grandma's house....especially the movie, "The Human Comedy." One of the most underrated movies ever and to this day, one of my favorite movies of all time.

loochy
04-09-2014, 11:57 AM
I wrestled in youth/high school/college. To this day, I still consider competing in open tournaments, if I were ever granted the time to get back into wrestling shape. I have no problem with the WWE. In fact, I loved watching it while growing up and still enjoy it if I get the chance to watch it to this day. And I can't get over their athleticism...guys like Shawn Michaels. Guys like Mick Foley who defy logic in terms of not only making it to the WWE appearing physically incapable of competing with the monsters he competed against, but also avoiding their own physical demise (in other words, I don't know how on Earth that guy didn't die after performing some of the stunts he did in the ring, let alone, got up and went back for more...just incredible).

However, I do know why the wrestlers (usually high caliber guys) hate WWE wrestling. It all has to do with notoriety, money and the word "professional" being placed in front of the word, "wrestling." Real wrestlers spend hours and hours and hours training and make huge sacrifices in terms of managing their weight for....nothing, but pride in their accomplishments. Considering WWE wrestlers receive the notoriety/fame, tons of money and to boot, are considered the "professionals" of the wrestling genre, it really grinds a lot of real wrestlers' gears...for they feel that this sport they spend all the time, blood, sweat, tears, etc. training for is not only disrespected, but disregarded completely.... in the perspectives of real wrestlers at the D1 and International level, they are the ones who engage in professional wrestling and are the ones who are deserving of the fame, notoriety and...money. The lack of compensation issue as been alleviated a bit with the emergence and popularity of the UFC, for a lot of wrestlers have turned to the UFC when their wrestling tenures come to a conclusion...and regardless of what anyone on here claims, wrestlers are at a HUGE advantage in comparison to fighters who don't have a wrestling background. So wrestlers who decide on that route are being fiscally compensated, for they are generally successful in the UFC. Problem is, many of your top caliber wrestlers are unwilling to fight in the UFC because they don't want to dodge the potential "permanent physiological damage" bullets to their bodies, which is obviously a huge risk in the UFC.

Hell, real wrestling was stripped from (and eventually reinstated) the freaking Olympics...one of the world's oldest fucking sports...eliminated. Ironically and IMO, a lot of these high caliber wrestlers are the reason that wrestling was stripped from the Olympics to begin with...because strategic defensive wrestling has consumed the sport and has made the sport boring to the common spectator. As a result, some of the philosophies that have made wrestling fun to watch in the first place are no longer applicable. It used to be "the best defense is a good offense," but now it is basically, "the best offense (or way to win, I guess) is an obnoxiously blatantly utilized overly-defensive strategy." The philosophy of "wrestling to win," has been dethroned by "wrestling not to lose." And as a result, the sport has generally become fucking boring to watch...much more boring than it was over a decade ago... and it all starts at the college level and in some cases, the elite high school level. Wrestlers aren't being aggressive and trying to score points, but are resorting doing whatever they can to just ensure that they do not give up any points and are perfectly content with winning the match 1-0, by scoring their 1 point via riding time or in OT/sudden victory. It has become ridiculous. Real wrestling is at an all-time low right now and I was hoping that wrestling being eliminated as an Olympic sport would be a wake-up call, but so far it hasn't.

The high caliber real wrestlers who hate WWE wrestling need to shift the blame/hate from WWE wrestling itself, and focusing on advocating to make the sport more watchable to the common spectators by means of finding ways to make real wrestling more entertaining to watch via increasing offensive wrestling. Many common spectators don't "get" real wrestling in terms of the rules, strategy, scoring system, etc. and don't really want to because there doesn't appear to be a lot of action in it...The sport has become so defensive that to the common spectator, it comes off to them as a lot of ring around the rosie/paddy-cake bullshit where two guys seem to be circling away from each other and "playing" the outer line of the wrestling mat. At least when a person watches WWE wrestling, they get to see guys getting power-bombed, bashed over the head with chairs, strangled, suplexed, etc...which provides a substantial amount of additional entertainment value when compared to what the sport of wrestling has become in recent years.

tl;dr

rico
04-09-2014, 12:08 PM
tl;dr

:) Took you too long to tl;dr me. So tl;2;tl;dr

BryanBusby
04-09-2014, 01:11 PM
Think it was Davey Boy Smith (British Bulldog). Ripped him for being a drug user, which was ironic since he was an admitted steroid user himself.

BigCatDaddy
04-09-2014, 03:09 PM

He was known as the anabolic warrior to his peers and was juiced out of his mind for over a decade. That stuff is terrible for your heart and it's a big reason these guys tend to have massive heart attacks so young.

:facepalm:

Mr_Tomahawk
04-09-2014, 04:13 PM
This thread is bad Ju-ju.

Just sayin...

burt
04-09-2014, 04:23 PM
I wrestled in .........college.

Where?

Pasta Little Brioni
04-09-2014, 04:36 PM
rico finisher was the monkey claw

Reaper16
04-09-2014, 05:12 PM

The timing is what is bizarre. How is it NOT bizarre to see someone on TV one night, showing no evident signs of poor health, and the next night they are dead?

WhiteWhale
04-09-2014, 05:14 PM
The timing is what is bizarre. How is it NOT bizarre to see someone on TV one night, showing no evident signs of poor health, and the next night they are dead?

Yeah, the timing was bizarre. I suppose I meant the bigger picture aspect of him having a massive heart attack at 54. Dropping dead the day after RAW was kind of a wtf moment when I saw it.

I suppose he didn't look that great for a 54 year old man though. I mean my dad is over 60 and he looks much better than Warrior did on Monday.

mcaj22
04-09-2014, 05:18 PM
I cant believe the WWE signed Roidman Merriman

of all douchers to sign. I wish CM Punk would come back and literally fight him.

keg in kc
04-09-2014, 05:23 PM
I think they had just signed him to a legends ambassador deal, too, or whatever it's called. He was going to be one of their main public faces, along the lines of how they used to use Mick Foley.

Just bizarre. And sad.

mcaj22
04-09-2014, 05:27 PM
for those that have the network:

WWE announced that they will be honoring the career of The Ultimate Warrior on the WWE Network tonight:

WWE honors the legacy and legend of the late Ultimate Warrior tonight, beginning at 8 p.m. ET on WWE Network.

WWE fans will be able to watch highlights from Warrior's historic induction into the WWE Hall of Fame, plus his emotional return to Monday Night Raw. Then, immediately after, the WWE Universe is invited to watch one of Ultimate Warrior's greatest matches against Hulk Hogan when WWE Network airs WrestleMania VI in its entirety.

Sfeihc
04-09-2014, 05:29 PM
I cant believe the WWE signed Roidman Merriman

of all douchers to sign. I wish CM Punk would come back and literally fight him.

I hope all of them work stiff with him to make that bastard pay for what he did to Priest.

mrroandrro
04-09-2014, 05:38 PM
Does anyone have a link to the video where Bobby Herman, Edge, and Christian and others talk about the Warrior's funny promos?? Can't find that thing anywhere

Fairplay
04-09-2014, 06:23 PM
The Shield is bad ass I like the tough look they lose a lot of matchs though.

Sassy Squatch
04-09-2014, 06:45 PM
Wut?

Fairplay
04-09-2014, 06:58 PM
Dan Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns

Google it

58kcfan89
04-09-2014, 07:06 PM

Go look up Damien Sandow's record this year. Someone on another forum did & he's apparently 1-43 if you include records from house shows. His lone win came over Sin Cara on some Main Event show. Went from MITB winner last year to nothing in less than a year.

Sassy Squatch
04-09-2014, 07:34 PM
Dan Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns

Google it
I know who they are. I don't remember them losing a lot at all.

MotherfuckerJones
04-09-2014, 07:52 PM
I think they had just signed him to a legends ambassador deal, too, or whatever it's called. He was going to be one of their main public faces, along the lines of how they used to use Mick Foley.

Just bizarre. And sad.

Warrior?

rico
04-09-2014, 08:43 PM
Where?

Loras College in Dubuque, IA. It's D3. :) But hey, it's a pretty respectable D3 program. My younger brother wrestled D1 at Northern Iowa. I have a brother who is a Sophomore and one who is an 8th grader...at the rate they are at, I am speculating that the current Sophomore will probably wrestle Juco (cheaper...not going to make the financial mistake his oldest bro made) and the younger one has the athleticism and skill to potentially be D1 someday...

Fairplay
04-09-2014, 08:59 PM
I know who they are. I don't remember them losing a lot at all.

I guess its only when I watch them I only catch half the shows on tv at best.

keg in kc
04-09-2014, 09:43 PM
Warrior?Yeah, warrior.

burt
04-10-2014, 08:53 AM
Loras College in Dubuque, IA. It's D3. :) But hey, it's a pretty respectable D3 program. My younger brother wrestled D1 at Northern Iowa. I have a brother who is a Sophomore and one who is an 8th grader...at the rate they are at, I am speculating that the current Sophomore will probably wrestle Juco (cheaper...not going to make the financial mistake his oldest bro made) and the younger one has the athleticism and skill to potentially be D1 someday...

I wrestled @ UCM. But only 4 matches before breaking my leg in 2 places on the mat. 6 weeks in a cast(guess I did a great job). And I think "Rasslin" is mindless dither, but with awesome athletes. But to each their own...hell, I watch "Swamp People"..

On a sad commentary about our sport.. I went to a double dual this year. And at 53 years old, my stance is better than 90% of the participants....

rico
04-10-2014, 10:50 AM
I wrestled @ UCM. But only 4 matches before breaking my leg in 2 places on the mat. 6 weeks in a cast(guess I did a great job). And I think "Rasslin" is mindless dither, but with awesome athletes. But to each their own...hell, I watch "Swamp People"..

On a sad commentary about our sport.. I went to a double dual this year. And at 53 years old, my stance is better than 90% of the participants....

That's pretty cool, man! Central Missouri? They have or have had a pretty respectable wrestling program, haven't they? That sucks about your leg. I bet you've had your "what if" moments because of it... I know I would.

Was the double dual in the KC region? That stinks that the kids you watched were apparently jabronified to the point where they don't even know how to get into a proper stance. The KC region produces some FANTASTIC wrestlers. I've seen them at the Park Hill Duals. My 8th grade bro finished the season with an excellent record of 72-3. One of his 3 losses was an OT loss at the Park Hill Duals against a kid named Jake Beason. KC is 6 or so hours away from where we live and we travel as far as Pennsylvania/Tulsa/Reno to find competition for him. Some of the best kids I've seen are at the Park Hill Duals.

burt
04-10-2014, 12:16 PM
That's pretty cool, man! Central Missouri? They have or have had a pretty respectable wrestling program, haven't they? That sucks about your leg. I bet you've had your "what if" moments because of it... I know I would.

Was the double dual in the KC region? That stinks that the kids you watched were apparently jabronified to the point where they don't even know how to get into a proper stance. The KC region produces some FANTASTIC wrestlers. I've seen them at the Park Hill Duals. My 8th grade bro finished the season with an excellent record of 72-3. One of his 3 losses was an OT loss at the Park Hill Duals against a kid named Jake Beason. KC is 6 or so hours away from where we live and we travel as far as Pennsylvania/Tulsa/Reno to find competition for him. Some of the best kids I've seen are at the Park Hill Duals.

One of my wrestling friends back then, became Coach at Oak Park, now at Staley. He is an excellent cpach and took Oak Park to national recognition. If they didn't take every wrestler to state...it was a failure. But it all starts at the kid wrestling level.

And please, let's NOT go to what if......

Reaper16
04-14-2014, 08:35 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1.0-9/q71/s480x480/1486682_10100203672560972_2697599065714158951_n.jpg

I BOLIEVE...do you?

New World Order
04-14-2014, 08:38 PM
Can we just talk about The Attitude Era?

Reaper16
04-14-2014, 08:38 PM
Can we just talk about The Attitude Era?

Can we talk about your blindness?

New World Order
04-14-2014, 08:39 PM
Can we talk about your blindness?

Do you honestly still like wrestling? It's fucking awful now.

Reaper16
04-14-2014, 08:41 PM
Do you honestly still like wrestling? It's fucking awful now.

It's the very best it has been since the Attitude Era. And the talent in the ring is no worse than AS GOOD as it was in that era.

New World Order
04-14-2014, 08:47 PM
It's the very best it has been since the Attitude Era. And the talent in the ring is no worse than AS GOOD as it was in that era.

How about we discuss talent in general:

The Rock, Stone Cold, Prime Undertaker, Masked Kane etc..

vs

Daniel Bryan, Randy Orton, John Cena, 45 year old Undertaker

Honestly, who wins? There is a reason why television ratings in the late 90's were 7-8 vs. what we have now:

"The final rating came in at a 3.7, meaning WWE has had its most successful Raw since the 1,000th special episode on July 23rd 2012."

I'm not knocking you, I just wish the product was better.

Al Bundy
04-14-2014, 09:08 PM
Yeah HHH had to put himself over.

Sassy Squatch
04-14-2014, 09:10 PM
Yeah HHH had to put himself over.
What?

Al Bundy
04-14-2014, 09:12 PM
What?

HHH made himself the "star of the show" again.

chiefscafan
04-14-2014, 09:21 PM
Yep I called it last week it's his ego taking over again if he makes himself champ again

Reaper16
04-14-2014, 09:39 PM
He's the main heel of the show, you guys. He's not HHH circa-2001 burying the roster. He's doing his job, which is to GET HEAT.

Reaper16
04-14-2014, 09:45 PM

vs

Honestly, who wins? There is a reason why television ratings in the late 90's were 7-8 vs. what we have now:

"The final rating came in at a 3.7, meaning WWE has had its most successful Raw since the 1,000th special episode on July 23rd 2012."

The Rock & Stone Cold are two of the most exciting promos in history, and they came alive during a sea change in what was possible in the industry. Right talent during the right time.

My argument was in-the-ring, though. I agree that the current roster doesn't have the personalities that the Attitude Era had, but the in-ring talent is extraordinary. Your comparisons were disingenuous (chiefly implying that old-ass 'Taker is a cornerstone of the product), but Daniel Bryan, since you mentioned him, is far more talented in the ring than any of the Attitude Era wrestlers you named.

Go back and watch some Attitude Era episodes of Raw. The mid- and lower-cards are not exactly stocked with talent. Goofy gimmicks, yes. But not nearly the talent that even jobbers today have. Bryan, Cena (you heard me), Wyatt, Rollins, Reigns, Ambrose, Harper, CESARO, Sheamus, Del Rio, Henry, Big E, Paige, Summer Rae, Emma, AJ, and on and on and on and I could go on forever about the top-level workers this company has right now. It is SO stacked.

I don't know what you want out of a wrestling program that WWE isn't able to provide you on any given night.

ILChief
04-15-2014, 05:24 AM
The burying of Ziggler continues. WTF

otherstar
04-15-2014, 07:32 AM
The Rock & Stone Cold are two of the most exciting promos in history, and they came alive during a sea change in what was possible in the industry. Right talent during the right time.

My argument was in-the-ring, though. I agree that the current roster doesn't have the personalities that the Attitude Era had, but the in-ring talent is extraordinary. Your comparisons were disingenuous (chiefly implying that old-ass 'Taker is a cornerstone of the product), but Daniel Bryan, since you mentioned him, is far more talented in the ring than any of the Attitude Era wrestlers you named.

Go back and watch some Attitude Era episodes of Raw. The mid- and lower-cards are not exactly stocked with talent. Goofy gimmicks, yes. But not nearly the talent that even jobbers today have. Bryan, Cena (you heard me), Wyatt, Rollins, Reigns, Ambrose, Harper, CESARO, Sheamus, Del Rio, Henry, Big E, Paige, Summer Rae, Emma, AJ, and on and on and on and I could go on forever about the top-level workers this company has right now. It is SO stacked.

I don't know what you want out of a wrestling program that WWE isn't able to provide you on any given night.

This! The Attitude Era was about promos and personality with in-ring work taking a backseat (with the exception of a few guys like Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels--the Rock and Stone Cold have great mic skills and good gimmicks, but are very limited in the ring). A good part of what made the WCW beat the WWE for so long in the Monday Night Wars was their good storylines (early NWO, etc.) and great in-ring work from top to bottom. What killed WCW was when the egos of the top stars got in the way and the younger talent was getting buried so they all left for the WWE. HHH, Jericho, and Stone Cold all started out in WCW---and later stars like King Booker, Rey Mysterio, Chris Benoit, and Eddie Guerrero were all WCW stars too (though Benoit really belongs in the same class as Jericho, but he did win the WCW title right before he left the company).

Swanman
04-15-2014, 12:41 PM

vs

Ratings are not a good comparison. Nowadays you have dvr's, lots more channels and a boatload of other streaming options. Live tv is almost obsolete except for sporting events. It's like saying the Seinfeld ratings sucked compared to the MASH ratings. Two totally different eras.

mcaj22
04-15-2014, 12:51 PM
The fact that they are bringing back Evolution shows how weak the roster is. There are no true villains or bad guys left in the WWE. You can't find a good heel anymore, it's become "cool" to like the bad guy. the Shield, the Wyatts, these guys get cheers when they fight any face where it's bad for business to the point where the WWE has to make them face with no choice in the matter. The Wyatts gimmick is losing it's character because they are cheered as good guys over the #1 guy in the company.

If they wanted a heat magnet or a true bad guy they would make Cena heel.

Even pairing Cesaro with Heyman and Cesaro is still pleasing and waving to the ****ing fans to big pops. It makes NO SENSE.

CoMoChief
04-15-2014, 01:13 PM
The reason why the attitude era was so awesome was because they had to step out of their boundaries to compete w/ Bischoff and the WCW, whom for a long time, was kicking the WWF's ass in ratings.

The worst thing to happen to WWE was when Vince bought out his competition, and the WWE got too big for their own good and the product started to become stale, and the show suffered because of it. They got complacent within the past 10 yrs because there's nothing that can compete with it...not even close...WWE is like the MLB NBA and NFL...it's the top dog league in it's own profession/sport. So what's there to worry about when you have no competition?

This is when the problem started. Combine that w/ shitty writers, Vince's terrible decisions and stubbornness over the past decade, and sub-par talent/charisma/no huge superstar appeal. This past generation has zero talent...no matter how hard WWE tried to shove Cena down everyone's throats...he's no Hogan, Rock or Austin. And when it comes to actual talent (and not based on how the company/pushes uses the character), I'd say Cena is a tier 3 talent. So in a sense (at least IMO) WWE is trying to use a tier 3 talent, and they're trying to hitch the company horse to that wagon...and what you get is a stale rinse wash repeat product.

Combine that w/ a PG rating show and you take out all of the crazy beer drinkin ass kicking blood and the tits and ass, and you get shitty program no one wants to watch. The people that liked and watched the attitude era have gone to watching the UFC now.

Reaper16
04-15-2014, 01:27 PM
The reason why the attitude era was so awesome was because they had to step out of their boundaries to compete w/ Bischoff and the WCW, whom for a long time, was kicking the WWF's ass in ratings.

The worst thing to happen to WWE was when Vince bought out his competition, and the WWE got too big for their own good and the product started to become stale, and the show suffered because of it. They got complacent within the past 10 yrs because there's nothing that can compete with it...not even close...WWE is like the MLB NBA and NFL...it's the top dog league in it's own profession/sport. So what's there to worry about when you have no competition?

This is when the problem started. Combine that w/ shitty writers, Vince's terrible decisions and stubbornness over the past decade, and sub-par talent/charisma/no huge superstar appeal. This past generation has zero talent...no matter how hard WWE tried to shove Cena down everyone's throats...he's no Hogan, Rock or Austin. And when it comes to actual talent (and not based on how the company/pushes uses the character), I'd say Cena is a tier 3 talent. So in a sense (at least IMO) WWE is trying to use a tier 3 talent, and they're trying to hitch the company horse to that wagon...and what you get is a stale rinse wash repeat product.

Combine that w/ a PG rating show and you take out all of the crazy beer drinkin ass kicking blood and the tits and ass, and you get shitty program no one wants to watch. The people that liked and watched the attitude era have gone to watching the UFC now.

UFC doesn't have the kind of t&a that Attitude Era WWE had (thank god; that sexism is so fucking boring looking back as someone who is no longer a hormonal teen). Beer drinking? Absent. Ass kicking? Sometimes. Seems to me UFC only reliably offers entertainment for fans of the sport itself. Similarly, WWE offers a lot to fans of pro wrestling itself. It's re-discovering tag teams &, importantly, managers. The match quality is INSANE.

Reaper16
04-15-2014, 01:34 PM
The fact that they are bringing back Evolution shows how weak the roster is. There are no true villains or bad guys left in the WWE. You can't find a good heel anymore, it's become "cool" to like the bad guy. the Shield, the Wyatts, these guys get cheers when they fight any face where it's bad for business to the point where the WWE has to make them face with no choice in the matter. The Wyatts gimmick is losing it's character because they are cheered as good guys over the #1 guy in the company.

If they wanted a heat magnet or a true bad guy they would make Cena heel.

Even pairing Cesaro with Heyman and Cesaro is still pleasing and waving to the ****ing fans to big pops. It makes NO SENSE.

The roster is not weak. Batista is weak, yes, but he was only brought back because of his role in Guardians of the Galaxy (the company hopes a "movie star" will help in their upcoming contract negotiations with NBC/Universal).

I'm with you in that I'm not crazy about the WWE house style regarding faces & heels. Seems like they want heels to be cowards and faces to be unbeatable. For the most part. HHH is making some of that go away. HHH is making better a lot of what Vince had hard-ons for.

The real problem with the face/heel dynamic in WWE is that faces don't often have fully formed characters. People cheer the heels because they are their own people. You know who they are and what they stand for. WWE faces over the last five years have intentionally been made nondescript: a more-or-less blank canvas to appeal VERY broadly. Therefore, Cena is vaguely urban Superman. Sheamus is Irish-fighter-guy. Rey Mysterio/Kofi Kingston = jump dudes. Even CM Punk, in WWE babyface style, is Mr. Rebel and nothing more; whereas his heel characters have been true, round characters.

TL;DR? WWE's idea that faces need to be flat characters to appeal to the broadest possible demographics is what's causing heels to get cheered so much.

keg in kc
04-15-2014, 01:37 PM
They missed Danielson last night.

And that Cena promo on the Wyatts was one of the worst he's done.

Reaper16
04-15-2014, 01:55 PM
And that Cena promo on the Wyatts was one of the worst he's done.

It's everything that people do [and should] hate Cena for. Terrible stuff.

keg in kc
04-15-2014, 02:28 PM
It's everything that people do [and should] hate Cena for. Terrible stuff.They do shit like that for the 6 year olds in the audience and wonder why everybody teenage and above hates him.

He's also one of the most heelish 'babyfaces' in history. I've never understood why they refuse to just outright turn him. It won't hurt his merch sales a bit and he can keep visiting make-a-wish kids. I mean, it's not like he hasn't been an asshole on TV for the last decade anyway.

Jerm
04-15-2014, 02:40 PM
It's typical Cena...he tries to bury anything that gets over and is hot.

He's the biggest asshole in the WWE and has been for quite some time. He's the new political Hogan.

Swanman
04-15-2014, 03:11 PM

He's the biggest asshole in the WWE and has been for quite some time. He's the new political Hogan.

I read a theory somewhere that maybe Cena's shitty comedy schtick was all part of the writing. This program is based upon Bray getting in his head and messing him all up. During this promo, he forced Cena to revert back to his old crappy joking ways because he knew he couldn't properly debate the mastermind. If you notice, Bray completely no-sold Cena's promo and just went on about his business instead of getting flustered.

It could also be that Cena just sucks on the mic and the writers are unoriginal hacks when it comes to writing Cena's stuff.

keg in kc
04-15-2014, 03:23 PM
I've never heard anything about Cena being political in the back, other than that he's a company guy who will do everything they ask him to do. I would agree that what he did last night was just as scripted as everything else he does. He's not a shooter. He's not going to just randomly bury anybody on his own. We're not in anything close to that kind of an era anymore. Everything that they all do is carefully scripted for them, and very, very few people have the freedom to even go off script at all, much less walk out there with a mic and no direction in the middle of a feud with a rising talent.

People who get buried these days are being buried by the office, not the workers.

(And in no way are the wyatts being buried right now)

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-15-2014, 03:30 PM
Small sidetrack: How many of you have been buried in some way in the past? Describe the circumstances behind your burial, whether at work, in your personal life, or in some other capacity.

keg in kc
04-15-2014, 03:32 PM
Small sidetrack: How many of you have been buried in some way in the past? Describe the circumstances behind your burial, whether at work, in your personal life, or in some other capacity.I don't think anybody's ever buried me but me. I am a master at self-burial, as most of you who've been here a decade or more will know.

Sassy Squatch
04-15-2014, 03:39 PM
Small sidetrack: How many of you have been buried in some way in the past? Describe the circumstances behind your burial, whether at work, in your personal life, or in some other capacity.
http://i50.tinypic.com/2nle5jp.jpg

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-15-2014, 03:42 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/2nle5jp.jpg

Second only to the Bell Ringer gif for greatest ever.

CoMoChief
04-15-2014, 03:58 PM
The roster is not weak. Batista is weak, yes, but he was only brought back because of his role in Guardians of the Galaxy (the company hopes a "movie star" will help in their upcoming contract negotiations with NBC/Universal).

I'm with you in that I'm not crazy about the WWE house style regarding faces & heels. Seems like they want heels to be cowards and faces to be unbeatable. For the most part. HHH is making some of that go away. HHH is making better a lot of what Vince had hard-ons for.

The real problem with the face/heel dynamic in WWE is that faces don't often have fully formed characters. People cheer the heels because they are their own people. You know who they are and what they stand for. WWE faces over the last five years have intentionally been made nondescript: a more-or-less blank canvas to appeal VERY broadly. Therefore, Cena is vaguely urban Superman. Sheamus is Irish-fighter-guy. Rey Mysterio/Kofi Kingston = jump dudes. Even CM Punk, in WWE babyface style, is Mr. Rebel and nothing more; whereas his heel characters have been true, round characters.

TL;DR? WWE's idea that faces need to be flat characters to appeal to the broadest possible demographics is what's causing heels to get cheered so much.

LMAO what a bunch of crap

Reaper16
04-15-2014, 04:02 PM
LMAO what a bunch of crap

I, for one, am convinced by this argument.

Mosbonian
04-15-2014, 04:07 PM

Did Cena not pose with you at one of you House shows or refuse to give you his autograph when you were younger?

It's pretty apparent that you have an abnormal dislike for him...

Sassy Squatch
04-15-2014, 04:51 PM
Only person that Cena buried was Alex Riley.

mcaj22
04-15-2014, 06:25 PM
Cena single handedly ruined Wade Barrett's career and all of Nexus when he buried them. Bray Wyatt was even in Nexus and he had to go hide for 3 years after that.

GloucesterChief
04-15-2014, 07:05 PM
Cena single handedly ruined Wade Barrett's career and all of Nexus when he buried them. Bray Wyatt was even in Nexus and he had to go hide for 3 years after that.

Yep. Jericho and Edge talk about it on Jericho's podcast.

mcaj22
04-15-2014, 07:16 PM
He also ruined Damian Sandow last year when he tried to cash in the MITB and Cena beat him with ONE arm. Sandow has been on like a 1-49 losing streak since. Only win against Sin Cara lol. With his gimmick even being tweaked/repackaged. Talk about a bury.

Mosbonian
04-15-2014, 08:12 PM

Wade Barrett single handedly buried Wade Barrett....and continues to do it. As a showperson and wrestler, he pretty much is worthless.

Not sure why WWE keeps him around. He is boring....

mcaj22
04-15-2014, 08:27 PM
Wade Barrett single handedly buried Wade Barrett....and continues to do it. As a showperson and wrestler, he pretty much is worthless.

Not sure why WWE keeps him around. He is boring....

Barrett is one of like 6 guys on the whole roster that has mic skills and some sort of in ring skills. There aren't many guys that can talk and wrestle in the WWE. It's either one or the other.

Who can currently cut a promo in the WWE? Without a manager.

Barrett
Sandow
Triple H
The Shield
Bray Wyatt

Can you think of anyone else that is good on the microphone? The two top faces Cena and Bryan can't cut a ****ing good promo to save their lives. Never could, never will. They are over but they can't talk themselves out of a paper bag. That is exactly why Reaper had the post earlier saying the Faces are stale with no character. it's because they can't ****ing talk.

Swanman
04-15-2014, 09:59 PM
I, for one, am convinced by this argument.

Como is half a retard, I wouldn't worry too much. It's actually better if his logic isn't on your side.

The heels are cheered because they do a damn good job with their roles and over time the fans gain a great appreciation for it. Plus, everyone loves a good anti-hero. Bray Wyatt is obviously helped by the fact that a large percentage of fans will cheer anyone against Cena. At this point, Cena would face a divided crowd if he wrestled Hitler.

People cheer the Shield because they are fucking awesome. It's been a long time since we have seen a three-man unit that worked perfectly as a team. Plus, two of the guys (Ambrose and Rollins) had long successful Indy careers so they came in very polished. Reigns is just a freak of nature.

Lastly, anyone that thinks Danielson (or Daniel Bryan if you like retarded copyrighted WWE names) isn't great is just a fucking idiot. The guy has been great since the very first ROH show and he earned his spot in WWE.

I can't wait until Sammi Zayn (El Generico) gets the call up. He is another guy that the steroid freak loving homos will hate because he isn't all that big, but he is great nonetheless. He is tearing up NXT now so hopefully he gets called up by the summer.

Swanman
04-15-2014, 10:03 PM
Barrett is one of like 6 guys on the whole roster that has mic skills and some sort of in ring skills. There aren't many guys that can talk and wrestle in the WWE. It's either one or the other.

Barrett
Sandow
Triple H
The Shield
Bray Wyatt

Can you think of anyone else that is good on the microphone? The two top faces Cena and Bryan can't cut a ****ing good promo to save their lives. Never could, never will. They are over but they can't talk themselves out of a paper bag. That is exactly why Reaper had the post earlier saying the Faces are stale with no character. it's because they can't ****ing talk.

There usually isn't more than 5 or 6 great promo guys in the company at one time in any era. Even the Attitude era, most of the entertainment was from the crazy storylines, not necessarily the promos. They had some great promo guys back then (Austin, Rock, Mankind on occasion, HBK) but there are great promo guys now, like you listed. Bray Wyatt is on another level right now compared to anyone else. Once Ambrose gets more promo time alone, people will see how great he is on the mic.

keg in kc
04-15-2014, 10:08 PM
I thought they did the shield beat down last night the best way they could. Having half the roster beat them doesn't leave them looking weak at all, as opposed to evolution just sauntering out there by themselves and beating them down (that's how you'd start a burial...).

mcaj22
04-15-2014, 10:11 PM
yea but I also never thought in a million years that the 3MB JOB Squad would be part of a main event at a WWE Raw show lol

Jerm
04-15-2014, 11:06 PM
Did Cena not pose with you at one of you House shows or refuse to give you his autograph when you were younger?

It's pretty apparent that you have an abnormal dislike for him...

LMAO so me calling out his bullshit is having an "abnormal dislike" for him.....ok.

I used to like Cena when his character had a bit of bite to it and wasn't so stale, goofy, and forced down our throats and he'd actually put people over and give them a rub...not guys like Orton, Punk, and Bryan who are already made.

He can go in the ring that's for sure...continue to make your dumb little jokes though and make stupid generalizations.

Jerm
04-15-2014, 11:21 PM
Just for the record...I used to call HHH for the same shit and hated him for the same reasons.

However now I quite like his new character and how he's being used and like a lot of the decisions he's been making with the product.

keg in kc
04-16-2014, 02:13 AM
LMAO so me calling out his bullshit is having an "abnormal dislike" for him.....ok.

I used to like Cena when his character had a bit of bite to it and wasn't so stale, goofy, and forced down our throats and he'd actually put people over and give them a rub...not guys like Orton, Punk, and Bryan who are already made.

He can go in the ring that's for sure...continue to make your dumb little jokes though and make stupid generalizations. You really should be blaming Stephanie McMahon. She's been responsible for his character from day 1 and has been running creative for YEARS. All the things you hate about cena...She's responsible for all of it.

You may be the only person I've ever seen say 'he can go' in the ring, too. While good workers can have good matches with him he's much more of a character than a worker himself, with his 5 moves of doom that even he jokes about. But that's a whole other topic.

I think it's really sad in a way that he has been and will forever be the face of a decade of wrestling, with other workers out there more skilled both on the Mic and in the ring. But he was the 'prototype' the McMahon's chose.

Mosbonian
04-16-2014, 06:18 AM
You really should be blaming Stephanie McMahon. She's been responsible for his character from day 1 and has been running creative for YEARS. All the things you hate about cena...She's responsible for all of it.

You may be the only person I've ever seen say 'he can go' in the ring, too. While good workers can have good matches with him he's much more of a character than a worker himself, with his 5 moves of doom that even he jokes about. But that's a whole other topic.

I think it's really sad in a way that he has been and will forever be the face of a decade of wrestling, with other workers out there more skilled both on the Mic and in the ring. But he was the 'prototype' the McMahon's chose.

This.....Cena is exactly what WWE wants him to be.

Mosbonian
04-16-2014, 06:18 AM

He can go in the ring that's for sure...continue to make your dumb little jokes though and make stupid generalizations.

I say that because it seems almost every one of your posts seems to be about hating on John Cena. Little else...

Mosbonian
04-16-2014, 06:26 AM

Barrett
Sandow
Triple H
The Shield
Bray Wyatt

We'll have to agree to disagree on Barrett....I find him boring, almost repetitive.

The rest I will agree with you in regards to mic work.

My biggest beef with Triple H is bringing back all his less-talented Degeneration X co-horts like Billy Gunn and Road Dogg, Batista...etc

If he is going to bring back friends....let Shawn Michaels do the mic work.

As for Cena.....kick him to the curb and see what happens to $$'s, you know the thing that really drives WWE. He may be a robot, but he still pulls down numbers that only The Rock and Stone Cold could match. They need a guy like Cena so parents will bring their kids to the show.

If the critics of Cena were given their wish and he was gone, you would love the product. It would look a lot like WCW with declining revenue.

Reaper16
04-16-2014, 07:35 AM
Cena CAN go in the ring. He used to be garbage, but he's been good for a few years now. It is absolutely not a coincidence that many match-of-the-year contenders have Cena in them. He's not being carried out there like he used to have to be.

Chiefs=Champions
04-16-2014, 09:34 AM
Anyone who thinks trips still buries people, simply isn't paying attention.

Swanman
04-16-2014, 09:48 AM
Anyone who thinks trips still buries people, simply isn't paying attention.

HHH is also the reason many more guys from the Indies are getting shots. It used to be that WWE completely looked down on anyone that wasn't created by WWE or a WCW/ECW retread. In the last several years since Hunter was more involved in talent signings, it has given us Daniel Bryan, Cesaro, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Sammi Zayne and others.

He is playing his current role perfectly on screen.

keg in kc
04-16-2014, 10:20 AM
Cena CAN go in the ring. He used to be garbage, but he's been good for a few years now. It is absolutely not a coincidence that many match-of-the-year contenders have Cena in them. He's not being carried out there like he used to have to be.I was actually careful not to say he was being carried. He's not a bad worker. But he's not somebody who's going to carry someone else, either.

Chiefs=Champions
04-16-2014, 10:24 AM
HHH is also the reason many more guys from the Indies are getting shots. It used to be that WWE completely looked down on anyone that wasn't created by WWE or a WCW/ECW retread. In the last several years since Hunter was more involved in talent signings, it has given us Daniel Bryan, Cesaro, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Sammi Zayne and others.

He is playing his current role perfectly on screen.

Hunter is the reason that wrestling is interesting again imo. McMahon was the reason it got so stale and boring, hunter is doing what he can to change things. The more Hunter the better atm.

Hunter views himself as a technical wrestler (which is arguably incorrect), and for that reason i think he is pushing the more technically gifted, in-ring talents such as the indie guys.

Chiefs=Champions
04-16-2014, 10:30 AM
Cena CAN go in the ring. He used to be garbage, but he's been good for a few years now. It is absolutely not a coincidence that many match-of-the-year contenders have Cena in them. He's not being carried out there like he used to have to be.

I tend to think he still is pretty average. Not horrible, but still average. What he benefits from, is being the main guy. Because of this he consistently faces the top of the card talents, who by no coincidence are normally the best in ring workers. The likes of CM Punk, Bray Wyatt and Daniel Bryan have carried him, leading to great matches. Yet when he goes against the likes of Ryback and Orton, he produces average matches at best.

Big Poppa Payne
04-16-2014, 10:36 AM
I tend to think he still is pretty average. Not horrible, but still average. What he benefits from, is being the main guy. Because of this he consistently faces the top of the card talents, who by no coincidence are normally the best in ring workers. The likes of CM Punk, Bray Wyatt and Daniel Bryan have carried him, leading to great matches. Yet when he goes against the likes of Ryback and Orton, he produces average matches at best.

They need to turn Cena heel and give him a new look. I know why they won't do that (Cena as a face is a cash cow for the 4-12 year old audience) but in the long run it would make for a better story line.

keg in kc
04-16-2014, 10:38 AM
I think some of that (the WWE going away from their traditional bodybuilder focus) is WWE being forced to run with those more athletic/actual wrestler guys because UFC's growth/expansion in the last decade has been slowly but steadily shrinking their potential talent pool. Guys (like collegiate wrestlers) who in the past may have been focused solely professional wrestling as an athletic career path have an option now (MMA) that didn't exist at nearly the same scale a decade ago that it does now, and some think this may eventually become evident/a problem with regards to the WWE roster.

There's a ton of recent/current WWE stars who would've gone that way, for sure, had it been a realistic path available to them the way it is now when they started out 10-20 years ago.

On the good side, a lot of the guys they get now are guys who are in it because they have a passion for it.

Swanman
04-16-2014, 10:59 AM

Cena tends to do well in matches where the violence is ratcheted up if he isn't with a guy that can carry the match. He had a feud with Batista a while back that had some great matches when neither guy is a real great worker. The matches just hid the weaknesses of each guy. That was something Paul Heyman was great at when running ECW.

keg in kc
04-21-2014, 05:56 PM
Some sad news:The WWE announced today that Bryan Danielson's father passed away and he was made aware of it when he returned from his honeymoon. He is at Raw in Baltimore and they said he insisted on appearing on tonight's show.

We send our deepest sympathies to Bryan Danielson on the loss.

TLO
04-21-2014, 06:08 PM
Kane showing up with his mask. Is this new?

Reaper16
04-21-2014, 06:19 PM
Gotta make Kane look like a monster somehow. That segment ought to do it.

keg in kc
04-21-2014, 06:34 PM
Can't believe how over Barrett is in this match.

Or that they let him win.

The Bad Guy
04-21-2014, 06:56 PM
I've turned into a huge Daniel Bryan mark.

Reaper16
04-21-2014, 07:41 PM
I've turned into a huge Daniel Bryan mark.

About time.

Sassy Squatch
04-21-2014, 07:49 PM
Cesaros new theme sucks.

Jerm
04-21-2014, 07:57 PM
Should've kept The Real Americans theme...

chiefscafan
04-21-2014, 08:18 PM
Man aksana needs a new out fit makes her look chubby not sexy at all

The Bad Guy
04-21-2014, 08:22 PM
About time.

It's awesome because my 4 year old is too.

chiefscafan
04-21-2014, 08:24 PM
Hey bad guy and draft rumors for kc

Pasta Little Brioni
04-21-2014, 08:31 PM
Rusev rules

The Bad Guy
04-21-2014, 08:41 PM
Hey bad guy and draft rumors for kc

I wish I had any small piece of info to share, but I've got nothing. Partly I haven't bothered for info over the last 2 months. Been just insanely busy.

TLO
04-21-2014, 09:05 PM
I hate Cena, but this is just odd.

chiefscafan
04-21-2014, 09:19 PM
No bray Wyatt character is awesome. How to make a hated WWE star into a fan favorite have them go against Cena. Seriously if cessaro went against Cena Cessaro would be cheered and Cena booed! I agree time to turn Cena bad they'll never do it but they should.

Jerm
04-21-2014, 09:20 PM
Only in a Cena match would breaking up a pin be considered a DQ lol...Jesus.

mcaj22
04-21-2014, 09:24 PM
its so illogical, the heels are getting all the cheers, the fans voted for a 3 on 1 handicap against the face thats how much they love the heels. Cena should have every right to be pissed at the fans, but he will just shrug it off and keep preaching positivity to them as they kick it back negatively and he does nothing about it. If they turned him heel it would be the biggest heat magnet and first real good heel they had since 2008 Jericho in the HBK feud.

TLO
04-21-2014, 09:32 PM
No bray Wyatt character is awesome. How to make a hated WWE star into a fan favorite have them go against Cena. Seriously if cessaro went against Cena Cessaro would be cheered and Cena booed! I agree time to turn Cena bad they'll never do it but they should.

Oh I agree 100%

It was just a little odd.. haha.

TLO
04-21-2014, 09:33 PM
its so illogical, the heels are getting all the cheers, the fans voted for a 3 on 1 handicap against the face thats how much they love the heels. Cena should have every right to be pissed at the fans, but he will just shrug it off and keep preaching positivity to them as they kick it back negatively and he does nothing about it. If they turned him heel it would be the biggest heat magnet and first real good heel they had since 2008 Jericho in the HBK feud.

I'm curious as to if those votes are real or not?

chiefscafan
04-21-2014, 09:38 PM
The WWE universe is really turning on him vote on a 3-1 match,

Sassy Squatch
04-21-2014, 09:39 PM
They're real but they skew it obviously so the results they want get it.

mcaj22
04-21-2014, 09:42 PM
I'm curious as to if those votes are real or not?

i think they are Jericho talked about it on his podcast during his last run he was in a vote as one of the options to face CM Punk, earlier in the day at the meeting he said WWEs test run votes predict Randy Orton will win and Jericho called them all stupid and said the fans will pick him, sure enough they did and Jericho said there was a scramble backstage at the last minute to put the match together cause WWE scripted and rehearsed for Punk-Orton and not him winning the vote

he said when the fans voted for him he called some officials ****ing stupid for not listening to him lol

chiefscafan
04-21-2014, 10:57 PM
I love Jericho miss him

TLO
04-28-2014, 06:07 PM
Is Cena going to turn heel?

Did I phrase that correctly?

keg in kc
04-28-2014, 06:09 PM
So i miss the beginning of raw, turn on USA at 10 after the hour, see john cena talking and then don't care that i missed the beginning of raw.

Sassy Squatch
04-28-2014, 06:09 PM
Is Cena going to turn heel?

Did I phrase that correctly?
No

Yes

TLO
04-28-2014, 06:15 PM
I love Bray Wyatt. LMAO

chiefscafan
04-28-2014, 06:45 PM
Creepy but awesome will Cena finally turn??

chiefscafan
04-28-2014, 06:46 PM
Questioned the fans lol he might finally turn

Dragonocho
04-28-2014, 06:52 PM
Cena can't turn, his whole marketing is to kids. He's lost the adults through over exposure/fatigue. bray Wyatt does his Role so well the fans appreciate it. And he hustles in the ring with skill. So you get this bizarro thing where the fans cheer for Wyatt.
IRS should be proud of his boy.

TLO
04-28-2014, 08:10 PM
"My head hurts. Bad."
LMAO

Bryan is a lucky, lucky man. Bre is smokin hot.

TLO
04-28-2014, 08:12 PM
"My head hurts. Bad."
LMAO

Bryan is a lucky, lucky man. Bre is smokin hot.

Dragonocho
04-28-2014, 08:41 PM
HHH's desire to bring back his old buddies like RVD makes for some dull action.

mcaj22
04-28-2014, 08:48 PM

hes not a Triple H buddy. RVD is a Heyman buddy, the FIRST Heyman guy actuallly

Sassy Squatch
04-28-2014, 09:14 PM
Lol HHH buried RVD. Don't really think they're friends.

Dragonocho
04-28-2014, 09:25 PM
Lol HHH buried RVD. Don't really think they're friends.

Not in the script, no, but they don't come back without his approval. He's delaying new talent with the old school wrestlers. This last match was watching the Shield carry Randy Orton, HHH and Bootista - none of whom Put any effort into it.

Maybe the WWE needs a better 401k so the old guys don't have to return at 45 to capitalize on a reputation they built in the 90s.

Either way I'll be at the Sprint Center tomorrow night with 3 of my boys. Spending my money on HHH's product and bitching about everything he does. LOL.

Reaper16
04-28-2014, 10:11 PM
Not in the script, no, but they don't come back without his approval. He's delaying new talent with the old school wrestlers. This last match was watching the Shield carry Randy Orton, HHH and Bootista - none of whom Put any effort into it.

Maybe the WWE needs a better 401k so the old guys don't have to return at 45 to capitalize on a reputation they built in the 90s.

Either way I'll be at the Sprint Center tomorrow night with 3 of my boys. Spending my money on HHH's product and bitching about everything he does. LOL.

What new talent is being delayed? Please be specific.

Sassy Squatch
04-28-2014, 10:18 PM
Seriously. There's been a pretty good influx of talent since HHH took over.

TimBone
04-29-2014, 01:12 PM
Any idea why Kofi Kingston doesn't get more of a push? He seems super talented in the ring.

Chiefs=Champions
04-29-2014, 01:28 PM
Any idea why Kofi Kingston doesn't get more of a push? He seems super talented in the ring.

Weird chest?

loochy
04-29-2014, 01:39 PM

The McMahons are friends with the Sterlings?

Pasta Little Brioni
04-29-2014, 04:11 PM

Expect a King Booker reign shortly

TLO
04-29-2014, 04:19 PM
One thing from my n00b point of view that I wanted to share... I don't think there are a lot of guys that are any good with a mic in the WWE right now.

Bray Wyatt
Bad News Barret
The Shield can be ok
???????

Am I missing anyone? The matches have been great for the most part, and I agree there is a lot more talent being brought in. I'm just someone who enjoys a good back and forth wit h the crowd, or can capitivate my attention. Not many people seem to be able to do that.

Big Poppa Payne
04-29-2014, 04:22 PM
I think Raw last night was one of the worst Raw's I've ever seen, they are starting to get too corny. That shit with the kids and the singing was absolutely terrible, the WWE needs to hire new writers.

TLO
04-29-2014, 04:34 PM
One more thing...

I know Bryan has a "neck injury" or whatever. But they make him seem like such a pussy. He's always getting beat down by someone. HHH, Kane, whoever. I wish the had someone better than Kane for him to fued with.

Big Poppa Payne
04-29-2014, 04:38 PM
One more thing...

I know Bryan has a "neck injury" or whatever. But they make him seem like such a pussy. He's always getting beat down by someone. HHH, Kane, whoever. I wish the had someone better than Kane for him to fued with.

They need new writers, unless HHH, Stephanie and Vince are changing the script at the last minute.

Mr. Arrowhead
04-29-2014, 05:10 PM
i am absolutely loving this bray/cena feud

TimBone
04-29-2014, 05:13 PM

You joke, but my buddy that's a huge WWE fan pointed out to me that black guys in the WWE are nothing but jobbers. Ever since he mentioned it I've noticed the same thing. I'm not saying management is racist, but...

TimBone
04-29-2014, 05:14 PM
i am absolutely loving this bray/cena feud

I am too....but if Cena wins at Extreme Rules after already beating Wyatt at Wrestlemania, I'm going to be super annoyed.

Reaper16
04-29-2014, 05:29 PM
One thing from my n00b point of view that I wanted to share... I don't think there are a lot of guys that are any good with a mic in the WWE right now.

Bray Wyatt
Bad News Barret
The Shield can be ok
???????

Am I missing anyone? The matches have been great for the most part, and I agree there is a lot more talent being brought in. I'm just someone who enjoys a good back and forth wit h the crowd, or can capitivate my attention. Not many people seem to be able to do that.

Yes, there's a lack of great talkers in the company right now. They're bringing back the importance of the manager in order to mitigate this.

barryforthewin20
04-29-2014, 05:38 PM
All about Goldberg baby