PDA

View Full Version : Royals MLB at bat / extra innings

Anyong Bluth
04-10-2014, 06:06 PM
Am I right that at bat doesn't let you watch all the live games? It's like $20 or $3 on a monthly basis.

You have to pay for Extra Innings ($120)

Extra Innings isn't worth it based on my usage and I'd gladly pay the $20 if it was just access through your phone or tablet and just 1 team of your designated choice. I don't need every game live.

Does it even give you access to the Royals radio broadcast?
610 blacks out their stream when the Royals are on, but you used to be able to find small town affiliates that never bothered to block the Royals games on their streaming radio.

Nobody happens to know of a private link for Royals radio by chance?

Other options or suggestions?

Thanks!

chiefsfan987
04-10-2014, 06:20 PM
As long as you are not blacked out you can watch all the games with at bat/mlb.tv. I got extra innings via my cable provider a few years ago and there were far fewer games available to me when I did that. They only had like 10 channels so if several games were going on at the same time you had to hope the Royals game was going to be on one of those. With at bat every Royals game will be shown even when the Royals network isn't carrying it, the other market will and you can watch that one instead.

You can listen to Royals radio network on at bat as well as watch the tv of the home or away so long as you are not in the blackout area. If you live in chicago you're going to be blacked out of every game the Cubs and White Sox play so when the Sox are playing the Royals you'll only be able to listen to the audio.

I love my mlb.tv/at bat.

As far as radio links http://tunein.com/radio/stations/Kansas-City-Royals-a37924/ I haven't tried this in a while but I used to use this before I just got the package. Most of the links aren't going to work because they're not supposed to carry them, but generally there is one or two every day that forget to shut off the feed.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
04-10-2014, 06:27 PM
Fuck MLB blackouts

Jewish Rabbi
04-10-2014, 07:43 PM
I have mlb.tv, and am technically "blacked out" from Cardinals games in Des Moines. It still lets me stream them on anything except my phone.

mr. tegu
04-10-2014, 07:59 PM
You can listen to the Royals broadcast, and any broadcast, no matter what with the paid AtBat. The $20 is worth it if you intend to listen a lot.

You then have to get premium which includes the MLB.tv in order to actually watch games. But then you are subject to blackout.

DJJasonp
04-10-2014, 08:03 PM
I just purchased the premium MLB at bat deal yesterday.

(which means the royals will now go on to lose 12 in a row)

At least I can cancel anytime!

Anyong Bluth
04-10-2014, 08:05 PM
I have mlb.tv, and am technically "blacked out" from Cardinals games in Des Moines. It still lets me stream them on anything except my phone.

Now that's bullshit.

FYI, use a VPN to trick your location when you start to watch. Then you can turn it off once it checks. Plenty of vpn apps are free too.

Jewish Rabbi
04-10-2014, 08:10 PM
Now that's bullshit.

FYI, use a VPN to trick your location when you start to watch. Then you can turn it off once it checks. Plenty of vpn apps are free too.

Thanks for the tip, but I'm not too worried about it. I stream it on my Xbone when I'm at home, or can take my laptop when I'm traveling. Both work fine.

Anyong Bluth
04-10-2014, 08:12 PM
Thanks for the tip, but I'm not too worried about it. I stream it on my Xbone when I'm at home, or can take my laptop when I'm traveling. Both work fine.

Off subject, I know, but still curious-
Are there any Rabbis that aren't Jewish? :)

L.A. Chieffan
04-10-2014, 08:17 PM
Extra innings comes with mlb.tv included so you can watch all the games on your tv or your computer or mobile device. Except whatever team(s) are designated in your home area, which is complete bullshit.

I usually just go to Canal or Nell's to watch the dodger games

kcxiv
04-10-2014, 08:29 PM
i get it on the computer. Its worth it for me. Im about 330 miles from Los Angeles so i dont get games i get the Giants/A's broadcasts. With extra innings i get all DOdger games, so every evening at 7pm i get something on tv i really enjoy. Totally worth it for me.