PDA

View Full Version : Football Brandon Graham reportedly on Eagles' trade block

thabear04
04-13-2014, 11:16 AM
On Friday's edition of the "Around The League Podcast," Gregg Rosenthal compared the Philadelphia Eagles' Dion Jordan trade inquiry to a fantasy football owner wildly throwing out offers to see what sticks.

Overshadowed in the Eagles' pursuit of Jordan is the news that 2010 first-round pick Brandon Graham has fallen out of favor under the Chip Kelly regime.

The team's offer to the Dolphins reportedly was composed of Graham and a second-round draft pick.

Philadelphia Magazine's Tim McManus confirms the Eagles are "open to moving" Graham for the right price.

Originally drafted as a 4-3 defensive end, Graham is a poor fit for Billy Davis' 3-4 defense.

Finally healthy after battling early-career injuries, Graham showed signs of life as a disruptive pass rusher in 2012 only to be relegated to 27 percent of the defensive snaps under Kelly and Davis last season.

If the Eagles are willing to package Graham with the No. 22 overall pick, the Jordan talks could be revisited. If not, the team would have to settle for a mid-to-late round draft pick in exchange for the walk-year player.

Dave Lane
04-13-2014, 11:19 AM
Are the Eagles planning on trading or cutting everyone?

Pasta Little Brioni
04-13-2014, 11:33 AM
Not a for in 3 4 don't care

chiefzilla1501
04-13-2014, 11:36 AM
Not a for in 3 4 don't care

Yup, I'd be more interested in Jordan. Most trade offers for him would probably end up being a steal.

The Franchise
04-13-2014, 01:50 PM
Yup, I'd be more interested in Jordan. Most trade offers for him would probably end up being a steal.

The Eagles reportedly offered a 2nd round pick and Graham for Jordan. It was obviously declined. What's that about being a steal now?

O.city
04-13-2014, 01:54 PM
Would they take a 6 round pick for Graham? If do it

Put him in subs and let him rush the passer

chiefzilla1501
04-13-2014, 02:08 PM
The Eagles reportedly offered a 2nd round pick and Graham for Jordan. It was obviously declined. What's that about being a steal now?

Even if the Chiefs offer a first round pick, you're getting a #3 pick in exchange for a #23. I get that he was overvalued because the draft class was weak. But that's still a steal. Not saying the Chiefs should do that. I'm just saying that this is an instance where it actually makes sense for a team to make an aggressive trade offer.

ThaVirus
04-13-2014, 02:10 PM
We're talking about Dion Jordan? That guy hasn't looked impressive at all, has he?

ThaVirus
04-13-2014, 02:10 PM
I'm forced to watch Miami games all the time and don't ever remember seeing the guy make an impact.

O.city
04-13-2014, 02:11 PM
Even if the Chiefs offer a first round pick, you're getting a #3 pick in exchange for a #23. I get that he was overvalued because the draft class was weak. But that's still a steal. Not saying the Chiefs should do that. I'm just saying that this is an instance where it actually makes sense for a team to make an aggressive trade offer.

Yes, but he's not the #3 pick any more. You have data on him now.

SAUTO
04-13-2014, 03:01 PM
We're talking about Dion Jordan? That guy hasn't looked impressive at all, has he?

Doesn't matter, he was a three overall who we would be getting for the 23.

It's all about value buddy.
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501
04-13-2014, 03:06 PM
Yes, but he's not the #3 pick any more. You have data on him now.

I'm not saying you price exactly at #3 value. But it's only one season after the pick was made so it's not enough data to hurt his value. Especially given the new stupid rules of the CBA, which is even harder for a guy like Jordan who's learning a very different position. Arguably, he's also intriguing because he now has a year of NFL coaching.

O.city
04-13-2014, 03:10 PM
I'm not saying you price exactly at #3 value. But it's only one season after the pick was made so it's not enough data to hurt his value. Especially given the new stupid rules of the CBA, which is even harder for a guy like Jordan who's learning a very different position. Arguably, he's also intriguing because he now has a year of NFL coaching.

Yes but not in your system.

SAUTO
04-13-2014, 03:11 PM
26 tackles and two sacks...
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501
04-13-2014, 03:16 PM
Yes but not in your system.

I think a year of NFL training is a lot more important than learning a scheme, not to mention conditioning. Especially at a position like 3-4 OLB.

BossChief
04-13-2014, 07:32 PM
I'd trade a 5th or later to Philly for Graham.

2 year, 3.4 million contract for a guy that compared favorably to Woodley coming out of Michigan and is past any guaranteed money.

CoMoChief
04-13-2014, 07:36 PM
So if he can't play in a 34, why would we want to acquire the guy?

Mr_Tomahawk
04-13-2014, 07:37 PM
Pass.

BossChief
04-13-2014, 07:39 PM
So if he can't play in a 34, why would we want to acquire the guy?

Because all 3-4 defenses aren't the same.

AustinChief
04-13-2014, 07:54 PM
What MORON said that Graham is not a fit at 3-4 OLB? The guy played MLB in high school and pretty much EVERY draft report on him had him pegged as a 3-4 OLB coming out of college.

Sure, he may not work out there but saying he isn't a good fit at this point is idiotic. The only knock on him is his height and somehow being only 6'2" makes him a better fit at 4-3 DE? Isn't Dumervil basically a midget?

Id' take him in a heartbeat except for the fact that he REALLY wants to start and he won't get that here this year. If he'd be willing to spend a year as a backup learning the position he might make a decent stop gap replacement for Hali.

CoMoChief
04-13-2014, 08:04 PM
Because all 3-4 defenses aren't the same.

True, but he was primarily a pass rushing end....who couldn't rush the passer. Other than the Senior Bowl and a couple pre-season games, this guy hasn't done anything at all on the field.

AustinChief
04-13-2014, 08:22 PM
True, but he was primarily a pass rushing end....who couldn't rush the passer. Other than the Senior Bowl and a couple pre-season games, this guy hasn't done anything at all on the field.

You do know he was hurt almost all of 2011 right? He had 5.5 sacks in very limited playing time in 2012 and 3 sacks with even less time in 2013.

I don't claim to know if he'll break out this year but writing him off at this point is just dumb.

AustinChief
04-13-2014, 08:41 PM
You do know he was hurt almost all of 2011 right? He had 5.5 sacks in very limited playing time in 2012 and 3 sacks with even less time in 2013.

I don't claim to know if he'll break out this year but writing him off at this point is just dumb.

Just to be clear, I'm not talking about anyone here... I'm referring to the Eagles apparently writing him off.