PDA

View Full Version : Music Korn + Kings X + Lynch Mob = KXM

frankotank
04-14-2014, 02:29 PM
Just found out about this today. Love me some Kings X.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/content.sitezoogle.com/u/51176/0d0bb70a8d57201cc76226c66ec17a78be98de6a/original/kxm-header.jpg?1391623575

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cD40-CJljas" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

htismaqe
04-14-2014, 02:31 PM
That's a strange lineup.

Dante84
04-14-2014, 02:35 PM
Oh neat, Divorce Rock.

I'm gonna go put on some Breaking Benjamin, hit my (ex-)wife and cry into my meth pipe after I get home from my job at the liquor store.

ModSocks
04-14-2014, 02:39 PM
Eh.

I instantly thought to myself, "this is gonna be entirely dependent on the vocals"

And...well....imo, the Vocals sound like a Grandpa dropping a deuce.

frankotank
04-15-2014, 09:31 AM
really!
you think pinnick can't sing?
wow. honestly.....that's just fucking stupid.

htismaqe
04-15-2014, 09:38 AM
Obvious that Pinnick wrote the song, or at least the most of it. It's his signature style.

The only thing I don't like (and this is true of his past work as well) is that he uses a lot of double stops, which kind of interrupts the groove for me.

htismaqe
04-15-2014, 09:41 AM
I guess the other complaint I would have is George Lynch. He's spent too many years trying to be an anti-shredder and distance himself from what he did with Dokken.

Who gives a fuck man? I get it, you want people to think you have "soul". Great. Tear the fretboard off your guitar, it won't kill you.

VAChief
04-15-2014, 09:43 AM
Saw him with The Edge in Springfield at the "Hangar" in Springfield during college years. Always put on a great show. Great version of the Kinks Superman.

MOhillbilly
04-15-2014, 09:46 AM
Saw him with The Edge in Springfield at the "Hangar" in Springfield during college years. Always put on a great show. Great version of the Kinks Superman.

Damn you're old.

Gonzo
04-15-2014, 10:11 AM
You know what we need around here? A subforum for all music, tv, movie and video game related topics. I think it might be pretty popular if we did have that. I mean, I'd bet it would receive roughly 85% of the lounge traffic at least twice a day.

I'll talk to AC about it. Now I just need to think of a name for it. Something with the word 'media' in it, maybe?
Hmmmm. I'll let you all know how it goes.

MTG#10
04-15-2014, 10:32 AM
Ray Luzier isnt Korn. Korn went downhill when David Silveria left. They still put on one hell of a live show though.

Simplicity
04-15-2014, 10:38 AM
That was awful.

frankotank
04-15-2014, 10:49 AM
Obvious that Pinnick wrote the song, or at least the most of it. It's his signature style.

The only thing I don't like (and this is true of his past work as well) is that he uses a lot of double stops, which kind of interrupts the groove for me.

totally agree. it's a Kings X song....and I was a little disappointed by that as I was looking for something different than the norm. surely the whole album won't be Kings X. I did notice the weird stops in the riff.

Reerun_KC
04-15-2014, 10:51 AM
I guess the other complaint I would have is George Lynch. He's spent too many years trying to be an anti-shredder and distance himself from what he did with Dokken.

Who gives a **** man? I get it, you want people to think you have "soul". Great. Tear the fretboard off your guitar, it won't kill you.

Thank you

Eleazar
04-15-2014, 10:51 AM
Korn is horrible, and should be held responsible for that whole god-awful genre

frankotank
04-15-2014, 10:52 AM
You know what we need around here? A subforum for all music, tv, movie and video game related topics. I think it might be pretty popular if we did have that. I mean, I'd bet it would receive roughly 85% of the lounge traffic at least twice a day.

I'll talk to AC about it. Now I just need to think of a name for it. Something with the word 'media' in it, maybe?
Hmmmm. I'll let you all know how it goes.

so....other than choosing MUSIC under the MEDIA drop down....because...you know....this is about MUSIC....what exactly did I do wrong?

htismaqe
04-15-2014, 10:53 AM
so....other than choosing MUSIC under the MEDIA drop down....because...you know....this is about MUSIC....what exactly did I do wrong?

You posted it in the Lounge. I imagine that's his complaint.

Don't worry about it, it's fine right where it is.

frankotank
04-15-2014, 10:59 AM
You posted it in the Lounge. I imagine that's his complaint.

Don't worry about it, it's fine right where it is.

aight den. hell I thought choosing media & music would put it where it belongs....as a programmer I'd have made this happen.... did not realize you must be in the media area for it to get there.

kinda makes you wonder why media & music are choices you can make from the lounge.....oh well.

I guess if ya gotta bitch....ya gotta bitch.....

kccrow
04-19-2014, 07:06 PM
Ray Luzier is anything but Korn. I started to fall away from Korn a bit when they released "Issues" and they became more mainstream after that.

Not a fan of this song really. I don't mind the instrumentals, but the Grandpa comment is spot on. Pinnick just doesn't sound that good, especially early in the song.

rtmike
04-19-2014, 08:18 PM
I didn't know that about Lynch.

I've never really paid much attention to musicians' personal lives. Most I care is what kind of music they're building, talent they possess so I really liked that 1st LP Lynch Mob cut.

This song posted in the OP sucks thoroughly though imo. Wow, just because they're called a super group doesn't automatically mean they produce super singles'. :spock:

listopencil
04-19-2014, 08:49 PM
Sucks

Easy 6
04-19-2014, 08:55 PM
I've only listened to one song, the video shot in the old warehouse whatever it is (oh ok, Rescue Me whatever)... yeah, I was disappointed, it started off teasing like it was about to break out and crush your skull.

It then goes absolutely nowhere, Lynch is barely heard from in it... I was expecting some kind of nuclear holocaust and ended up getting a raging meh.

Sure hope the whole album isn't like that...

Pushead2
04-19-2014, 08:59 PM
This is some straight fucking trash....