PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV SceneItAll Tournament: Round 1, Heat 118

Rain Man
04-14-2014, 05:30 PM
The rules:

In Round 1, I'm going to put up three randomly selected scenes from the nomination thread.

You'll vote for your ONE favorite scene among the three. The key here is FAVORITE. We're not talking about the 'best' or 'most powerful' or 'most meaningful'. We're talking about the scene that you most enjoy watching, however you define that.

The winners will move on. I'll also take the 10 highest-scoring second-place scenes and they'll advance as wild cards.

Some of our nominations did not include clips. This will be noted. If you find a clip, please post it and let me know so I can update it if it moves on.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pFriRcIwqNU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/D8Q1fDf0GeY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jpMxpzfSRUA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bowser
04-14-2014, 05:31 PM
N

Bowser
04-14-2014, 05:31 PM
Oh shit, this is a tough round here....

Rain Man
04-14-2014, 05:34 PM
Pretty good heat overall. My votes:

#1 - Stripes. That line about "we're 10-1" is one of the greatest comedy lines in history. When you add the part about being kicked out of every decent country in the world and then consider that Bill Murray is the guy delivering the lines, this scene is a hardcore contender for the whole tournament.

#2 - Pulp Fiction. It's not my favorite scene from Pulp Fiction, but it's very engaging. I love the line where Vincent asks what happens once he injects the adrenaline and Stoltz says, "I'm curious about that myself." That makes me laugh every time.

#3 - Army of Darkness. It's better than a #3 ranking, but there's no way it can compete with the other two scenes. Better luck next time.

Rasputin
04-14-2014, 05:43 PM
Easy choice Army of Darkness but would have liked to go with Stripes.

WhawhaWhat
04-14-2014, 06:48 PM
#2 - Pulp Fiction. It's not my favorite scene from Pulp Fiction, but it's very engaging. I love the line where Vincent asks what happens once he injects the adrenaline and Stoltz says, "I'm curious about that myself." That makes me laugh every time.

I like when he asks if he's supposed to stab her 3 times. The line you mention is what makes the scene so intense because he is speaking for the audience not knowing what is going to happen and it really draws you in.

Voted Pulp Fiction.

Deberg_1990
04-14-2014, 06:53 PM
I like when he asks if he's supposed to stab her 3 times. The line you mention is what makes the scene so intense because he is speaking for the audience not knowing what is going to happen and it really draws you in.

Voted Pulp Fiction.

Whats funny about that scene for me are the girls. The dark haired chick in the back just sits there at first, then slowly gets drawn in by the action. Then the creepy look that Rosanna Arquettes character gives right before he stabs her. LOL Classic.

Baby Lee
04-14-2014, 07:00 PM
Pretty good heat overall. My votes:

#1 - Stripes. That line about "we're 10-1" is one of the greatest comedy lines in history. When you add the part about being kicked out of every decent country in the world and then consider that Bill Murray is the guy delivering the lines, this scene is a hardcore contender for the whole tournament.

#3 - Army of Darkness. It's better than a #3 ranking, but there's no way it can compete with the other two scenes. Better luck next time.

Your clip on Pulp Fiction should have included Vinnie Barbarino wrecking his Chevelle into the front of the house, because that really set off the insanity to come, after he was suck a hardass about not getting a single scratch on it earlier in the film.

All three of these are a hoot.

Oh, and an immortal line

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NQ12s6AxL0w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

L.A. Chieffan
04-14-2014, 07:40 PM
All good scenes

Rain Man
04-14-2014, 08:33 PM
Wow, I thought for sure that the Stripes scene would get strong support. I hope it can rally.

cosmo20002
04-14-2014, 08:42 PM

Does it have to be exact?

You're gonna give her a shot in the heart so I guess its got to be fucking exact!

Garcia Bronco
04-14-2014, 09:08 PM
Wow, I thought for sure that the Stripes scene would get strong support. I hope it can rally.

it can't with that scene. Pulp Fiction is the best movie ever made from a dialogue perspective.

Rasputin
04-14-2014, 09:12 PM
Is John Candy mud rasslin scene in the heats?

Baby Lee
04-14-2014, 09:25 PM
it can't with that scene. Pulp Fiction is the best movie ever made from a dialogue perspective.

That was the best opening night movie experience I think I've had, maybe There's Something About Mary.

Totally unspoiled, audience totally engaged. It was like a braingasm, better than, . . . well woefully inexperienced in drug usage outside alkiehaul and ciggys. But it was pretty damned explosive.

Rain Man
04-15-2014, 06:30 AM
Is John Candy mud rasslin scene in the heats?

it is without a doubt the best scene that did not make the tournament.

BlackHelicopters
04-15-2014, 06:35 AM
Pulp Fiction

Steron
04-15-2014, 07:15 AM
That was fucking trippy.

Rain Man
04-16-2014, 06:01 PM
Pulp Fiction arises to a second round spot. I'm disappointed to see the Stripes scene fall by the wayside, though.

hometeam
04-16-2014, 06:06 PM
I am sad that AoD will not continue :(