PDA

View Full Version : Home and Auto Auto Detailing KC/OP area

Al Bundy
04-16-2014, 03:46 AM
Local CPer's. I looked for a thread like this and didn't find any for at least a year back. I just got a new car and want it detailed. Anyone use a detailing service that is reasonably priced (This is no Ferrari), that won't fucking leave those god damn swirl marks? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks-Al

Simply Red
04-16-2014, 05:30 AM
Local CPer's. I looked for a thread like this and didn't find any for at least a year back. I just got a new car and want it detailed. Anyone use a detailing service that is reasonably priced (This is no Ferrari), that won't ****ing leave those god damn swirl marks? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks-Al

I checked my Dupont Registry - as they had a detailer index in a back issue - however A) they don't have a location/sponsor in KC - and B) they wouldn't be cheap.

Simply Red
04-16-2014, 05:33 AM
http://kandcsolutions.com/Site/Home-1.html

Warpaint69
04-16-2014, 05:50 AM
Local CPer's. I looked for a thread like this and didn't find any for at least a year back. I just got a new car and want it detailed. Anyone use a detailing service that is reasonably priced (This is no Ferrari), that won't ****ing leave those god damn swirl marks? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks-Al

To each their own, but why don't you just do it yourself? I know detailers each have their own favorite line of products. I have a year old Camaro I bought brand new last year and I do all my detailing myself. I use Chemical Guys products. They have a fantastic glaze called Black Light, that stuff is like pure sex for paint. I guess I'm picky and don't like other people touching my cars.

ThatRaceCardGuy
04-16-2014, 06:00 AM
I know several people who can detail your car.

Simply Red
04-16-2014, 06:22 AM
I know several people who can detail your car.

have you talked w/ Joey?

Jimmya
04-16-2014, 06:26 AM
What is a typical fee now a days for a vehicle detail?

Simply Red
04-16-2014, 06:43 AM
$225ish

KC native
04-16-2014, 07:43 AM
To each their own, but why don't you just do it yourself? I know detailers each have their own favorite line of products. I have a year old Camaro I bought brand new last year and I do all my detailing myself. I use Chemical Guys products. They have a fantastic glaze called Black Light, that stuff is like pure sex for paint. I guess I'm picky and don't like other people touching my cars.

This and a second vote for Chemical Guys. I love their shit. I use a polish, paint sealant, wax, leather conditioner, and interior dressing that has a matte look and makes your plastic look brand new (inner clean). I also have their fabric cleaner and that shit made my wife's car, which was fucking nasty, tolerable to be in again (shit looks almost new and this is for a 2008 Mazda 3 that my wife lets my kid eat in).

Edit: and buy a harbor freight dual action polisher and pads from Chemical Guys, and it will save you hours.

Dayze
04-16-2014, 07:46 AM
LMAO @ the last line.

Dr. Gigglepants
04-16-2014, 08:25 AM
Check out AMMO NYC on YouTube for lots of tips and super detailed videos on this stuff if you want to learn. I bought a foam gun last week. Awesome purchase. Got DP Extreme Foam soap to go in it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dr. Gigglepants
04-16-2014, 08:38 AM
If you want it done somewhere, a few weeks ago I got our outback done at LS Subaru. I haven't noticed anything bad at all with the wax, but its a dark blue metallic like paint. So swirls aren't really going to show up unless you look super close and the light hits it perfectly. If you're driving something plain black or something I'd just do it yourself.

Back to LS Subaru, the inside was absolutely trashed from the winter/kids. Literally looked like a new car when I picked it up. Couldn't be more pleased with their work. $179 with a coupon for my next detail for $109 if I bring it back within 12 months. Will probably take advantage of that deal again after this next winter.

Not sure if a dealership is what you had in mind, but I was taking it in for an oil change and figured what the Hell. Beats spending all day doing it myself.
Posted via Mobile Device

Al Bundy
04-16-2014, 10:28 AM
Thanks guys. I'm going to try the Chemical guys line of stuff.

KC native
04-16-2014, 10:37 AM

:thumb: Watch their videos on youtube and believe them when they stress how much product to use (less is more).

Warpaint69
04-16-2014, 02:11 PM

I love their ecosmart waterless car wash and wax. Works great for getting bugs off the front of my Camaro in between washes. Their shaggy fur ball microfiber towel works great for removing their waxes and glazes.

That black light glaze is an amazing product. You wipe it on, let it sit I believe for 20 min, and wipe off. Leaves a much deeper shine and finish. Then you put some of their V07 sealant on top for the win.

I also like Adam's Premium Car Care Detail Spray.

Warpaint69
04-16-2014, 02:14 PM
Check out AMMO NYC on YouTube for lots of tips and super detailed videos on this stuff if you want to learn. I bought a foam gun last week. Awesome purchase. Got DP Extreme Foam soap to go in it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Foam gun and a highly concentrated soap is the bomb. I've heard of the Ammo products, never really tried them. Bought some chemical guys stuff and was pleased with what I bought and stuck with them.

Dayze
04-16-2014, 02:57 PM
I watched a few videos of the Chemical Guys; holy shit that guy is nuts.

KC native
04-16-2014, 03:46 PM
I watched a few videos of the Chemical Guys; holy shit that guy is nuts.

Yes, he gets really into detailing. He has one video for one of his waxes where he states that he waxes his car like 4-6 times a year which is nuts for southern Cali. I do twice a year in dusty ass north Texas and that's plenty.

Dayze
04-16-2014, 03:48 PM
I suppose if I had a bad ass ride as a 'fun' car (like a used Corvette for weekends/dry weather), I'd be more inclined to get into detailing.

KC native
04-16-2014, 03:54 PM
I suppose if I had a bad ass ride as a 'fun' car (like a used Corvette for weekends/dry weather), I'd be more inclined to get into detailing.

I love my car, but Mazda put a soft ass clear coat on it so I have to go all out on the detailing or else it's swirl mark city.

I tested several of their products on my wife's 08 Mazda 3 and it made her car look so much better that I have convinced her not to start looking for a new car as soon as she graduates. Only difference between my car and hers was I used a more aggressive polish for hers and didn't use my good paste wax on it.

Dayze
04-16-2014, 03:59 PM
I'll clay bar, polish, and wax mine 2 times a year; maybe 3.
I would, however, do it more often if I had a ....polisher thingy.

Rain Man
04-16-2014, 04:27 PM
If I ever committed a horrible crime and my choices for punishment were 5 years in prison or wax five cars, I would take prison.

Dayze
04-16-2014, 06:37 PM
LMAO