PDA

View Full Version : Computers MS Office Professional Plus for $69.99

Stewie
04-18-2014, 11:30 AM
Purchase 2010 MS Office Home and Student and get a free upgrade to 2013 MS Office Professional Plus. It's TechSupplyKing's customer appreciation for the month of April. Professional Plus includes everything in the MS Office Suite. As you probably know, the new MS Office is for one PC, so if you think you're going to be upgrading your computer in the near future you should wait.

I just purchased and installed the software. Completely legitimate. You won't see the upgrade offer until you go to your account and click "download."

http://www.techsupplyking.com/MCOHSP_004.php

keg in kc
04-18-2014, 11:38 AM
Nice, I've needed to upgrade for a while.

htismaqe
04-18-2014, 11:41 AM
I can't see paying for Home and Student (EDIT: the UPGRADE includes Professional) when OpenOffice is free. There's not $70 difference in functionality...

Stewie
04-18-2014, 11:45 AM
I can't see paying for Home and Student (EDIT: the UPGRADE includes Professional) when OpenOffice is free. There's not $70 difference in functionality...

I tried OpenOffice. Too many issues with formatting among other things.

Fish
04-18-2014, 11:47 AM
FYI.... the new Office 365 can be installed on 2 computers plus one mobile device. For another $8 you can get a 4 year subscription.

Office 365 University - 4 Year Subscription - Download
Price $78.94

http://www.softwaremedia.com/microsoft/office-365/office-365-university-4-year-subscription-download.html?ovchn=FRO&ovcrn=R4T-00042DL&ovtac=CMP&ovcpn=office-365-university---4-year-subscription---download-microsoft&utm_campaign=GGL_Prod_Listing&utm_source=GGL_Prod_Listing&utm_medium=CPC&utm_term=21920&gclid=COzmxsbJ6r0CFbQWMgodNwkAfA

Note that it says "University", but you don't actually have to be a student or use a university e-mail address.

Stewie
04-18-2014, 11:53 AM
FYI.... the new Office 365 can be installed on 2 computers plus one mobile device. For another $8 you can get a 4 year subscription.

Price $78.94

http://www.softwaremedia.com/microsoft/office-365/office-365-university-4-year-subscription-download.html?ovchn=FRO&ovcrn=R4T-00042DL&ovtac=CMP&ovcpn=office-365-university---4-year-subscription---download-microsoft&utm_campaign=GGL_Prod_Listing&utm_source=GGL_Prod_Listing&utm_medium=CPC&utm_term=21920&gclid=COzmxsbJ6r0CFbQWMgodNwkAfA

Note that it says "University", but you don't actually have to be a student or use a university e-mail address.

Dang! Leave it up to Fish to trump my deal. The only thing I see is that you have to pay another $79 (or more) in four years. I guess in four years the deal I posted will be a bit cheaper.

Fish
04-18-2014, 11:56 AM
Yeah, I'm not wild on the subscription method. But $20/year for 4 years of current Office isn't really breaking the bank...

Stewie
04-18-2014, 11:59 AM
Yeah, I'm not wild on the subscription method. But $20/year for 4 years of current Office isn't really breaking the bank...

I wonder why they give this "university" offer to anyone? In the past I know you had to have credentials to prove you qualified for those offers.

keg in kc
04-18-2014, 12:11 PM
I hate the subscription based cloud bullshit. Then again I'm a dinosaur with a desktop (omg!) and no mobile devices aside from a kindle that I will never, ever use office on.

blake5676
04-30-2014, 02:52 PM

Price $78.94

I bought this earlier today after having read this post last week. Pretty sure you DO need a university email to use it though. I've gotten my download link and in the instructions it states you have to use university email to create an account.

Anybody know a workaround???

penguinz
04-30-2014, 03:21 PM
I can't see paying for Home and Student (EDIT: the UPGRADE includes Professional) when OpenOffice is free. There's not $70 difference in functionality...I prefer LibreOffice over openoffice.

keg in kc
04-30-2014, 03:32 PM
Actually just ordered this. Went through without a hitch.

blake5676
04-30-2014, 09:28 PM
Actually just ordered this. Went through without a hitch.

Did you order the one in the OP or the Office 365 one?

Lex Luthor
04-30-2014, 09:35 PM

If you work in corporate America there is absolutely $70 worth of difference. Try opening a complex Excel spreadsheet in Open Office, or try opening a PowerPoint presentation that contains animation with Open Office. Sure, you can open them, but more often than not they look like garbage.

Open Office is fine if you rarely have to share documents with Microsoft Office users. But if you do, you either ante up for Microsoft's product or you spend a hell of a lot of time fixing things.

Saulbadguy
05-01-2014, 06:31 AM
Microsoft HUP (Home Use Program) FTW. $10 for the most current version of office.

htismaqe
05-01-2014, 11:12 AM
If you work in corporate America there is absolutely $70 worth of difference. Try opening a complex Excel spreadsheet in Open Office, or try opening a PowerPoint presentation that contains animation with Open Office. Sure, you can open them, but more often than not they look like garbage.

Open Office is fine if you rarely have to share documents with Microsoft Office users. But if you do, you either ante up for Microsoft's product or you spend a hell of a lot of time fixing things.

Of course. FOR HOME USE, OpenOffice or LibreOffice is usually plenty good enough, though.