PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Powdered Alcohol

Stewie
04-21-2014, 04:10 PM
What's next? Powdered water? There's no way there's any alcohol in it.

A product called "Palcohol" gained widespread media attention in recent days after it was reported that the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau approved the powdered alcohol, including vodka and rum varieties. But a representative for the federal agency said in an email to The Associated Press late Monday that the approvals were issued in error.

Subsequent questions emailed to Tom Hogue, a representative of the agency, were not immediately answered. But in an email message, Palcohol's parent company Lipsmark said it will resubmit the labels for approval.

"We don't have an expected approval date as label approval can vary widely," the message said.

Multiple varieties of Palcohol received "label approval" on April 8, according to the website for the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau. Palcohol said in an email at around 5 p.m. eastern time that the approvals were surrendered "a few hours ago."

Earlier in the day, the company had said in an email that its founder Mark Phillips was traveling and unavailable for an interview. It said it wasn't releasing any information on distribution or pricing, and the company's website provided no details on how it makes powdered alcohol.

On its website, Palcohol says it plans to offer six varieties of powdered alcohol, including vodka, rum and four cocktails — Cosmopolitan, Mojito, Powderita and Lemon Drop. The site says that a package weighs about an ounce and can fit into any pocket. It warns people that the powder should not be snorted.

According to the site, Phillips came up with the idea because he is an "active guy" and wanted a way to enjoy an adult beverage after long hours hiking, biking or camping without having to carry around heavy bottles.

BlackHelicopters
04-21-2014, 04:45 PM
This is a good idea.

Dante84
04-21-2014, 04:46 PM
Can't wait to snort a line of vodka off of some chick's ass

Start Croyle
04-21-2014, 05:14 PM
Some news stories just get reported over and over in different forms. I remember hearing about this all the way back in 2003.

NinerDoug
04-21-2014, 05:56 PM
Since alcohol evaporates, not sure how you could get "powered alcohol." Maybe they just sell a packet full of air to anyone gullible enough to buy it. The Emperor's New Clothes.

AustinChief
04-21-2014, 06:10 PM
Since alcohol evaporates, not sure how you could get "powered alcohol." Maybe they just sell a packet full of air to anyone gullible enough to buy it. The Emperor's New Clothes.

It's powdered not dehydrated (obviously since alcohol isn't hydrated to begin with)

It's molecularly encapsulated in cyclodextrines... so I hope you like your reconstituted alcohol sweet and watered down.

Rasputin
04-21-2014, 06:15 PM
Is it going be sold next to the Kool-aid at the grocery store?

a pp roach
04-21-2014, 07:32 PM
now with potpourri for extra death!

philfree
04-21-2014, 08:49 PM
Can't wait to snort a line of vodka off of some chick's ass

Snortin' alcohol and drinkin' marijuana! That used to be a joke. Next thing you know they'll be rockin' that shit up. Crackahol!

Canofbier
04-21-2014, 08:54 PM
Can I still use this with a tampon stuck in my ass? I'd like to get drunk but keep my girlish figure.

digger
04-21-2014, 09:06 PM
Not so fast...
http://money.cnn.com/2014/04/21/news/companies/powdered-alcohol/index.html

Regulator reverses approval of powdered alcohol
A federal agency that had originally approved a new powdered alcohol product reversed its position Monday.

SAUTO
04-22-2014, 06:11 AM
so you would be doing lines to get drunk instead of to sober up?

Eleazar
04-22-2014, 06:52 AM
Can you smoke it? I'll cut it with bath salts.

Molitoth
04-22-2014, 08:47 AM
Can you smoke it? I'll cut it with bath salts.

LMAO

DMAC
04-22-2014, 08:59 AM
This is ideal for long backpacking trips.

Dante84
04-22-2014, 08:59 AM
It's molecularly encapsulated in cyclodextrines... so I hope you like your reconstituted alcohol sweet and watered down.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gZEdDMQZaCU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>