PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV SceneItAll Tournament: Round 1, Heat 127

Rain Man
04-21-2014, 05:17 PM
The rules:

In Round 1, I'm going to put up three randomly selected scenes from the nomination thread.

You'll vote for your ONE favorite scene among the three. The key here is FAVORITE. We're not talking about the 'best' or 'most powerful' or 'most meaningful'. We're talking about the scene that you most enjoy watching, however you define that.

The winners will move on. I'll also take the 10 highest-scoring second-place scenes and they'll advance as wild cards.

Some of our nominations did not include clips. This will be noted. If you find a clip, please post it and let me know so I can update it if it moves on.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/tB0th8vNLxo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/nWRxPDhd3d0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LR4j8iWu-OI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rasputin
04-21-2014, 05:19 PM
That wasn't a pillow!!!! Trains Plains & Automobiles

Rain Man
04-21-2014, 05:20 PM
My votes in an easy heat:

#1 - American Beauty. This is filmmaking at its finest. We're watching a plastic bag blow around, and it's riveting. I like the scene and I like the message behind it. It's the type of inspiring movie scene that really speaks to me.

#2 - Dances With Wolves. I didn't really understand what was happening, which diminishes my enjoyment of the scene. Did they have a falling out? Was it a happy departure? I can't tell from the scene.

#3 - Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. Entertaining flick, but I really don't enjoy this scene. I don't find it very funny.

Rain Man
04-21-2014, 05:21 PM
That wasn't a pillow!!!! Trains Plains & Automobiles

I think that's actually the best scene from that movie.

Rasputin
04-21-2014, 05:23 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7tPnALg_nJs?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Easy 6
04-21-2014, 05:23 PM
Dances and AB have been absolute favorites of mine from the first viewing... but scene vs scene its American Beauty.

This scene in particular always impressed me, its reminding us to find lifes amazing beauty and wonder in the simplest of things... awesome movie.

Easy 6
04-21-2014, 05:26 PM
#2 - Dances With Wolves. I didn't really understand what was happening, which diminishes my enjoyment of the scene. Did they have a falling out? Was it a happy departure? I can't tell from the scene.

Sounds like you've never watched it... watch it.

Its the movie American Indians deserved after all of the crap Hollywood put out about them over the decades... it turns out they were just people, too.

Kman34
04-21-2014, 05:52 PM
My votes in an easy heat:

#1 - American Beauty. This is filmmaking at its finest. We're watching a plastic bag blow around, and it's riveting. I like the scene and I like the message behind it. It's the type of inspiring movie scene that really speaks to me.

#3 - Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. Entertaining flick, but I really don't enjoy this scene. I don't find it very funny.

Dude....seriously...you haven't seen Dances With Wolves? I wonder why your in charge of this list sometimes.ROFL
Just kidding.... I agree with you, American Beauty.

Rain Man
04-21-2014, 06:50 PM
Dude....seriously...you haven't seen Dances With Wolves? I wonder why your in charge of this list sometimes.ROFL

It didn't seem like it would be very funny.

Easy 6
04-21-2014, 08:09 PM
It didn't seem like it would be very funny.

You would be wrong my friend, it has SEVERAL very humorous moments... seriously, a smart guy like you should rent it, soon.

cosmo20002
04-21-2014, 09:38 PM

...nor any of the Godfather movies and a bunch of other ones that make you say, "What?" Crazy.

Rain Man
04-21-2014, 09:42 PM
...nor any of the Godfather movies and a bunch of other ones that make you say, "What?" Crazy.

I like to think that I retain a fair bit of movie purity.

I've seen Apollo 13 about 8 times, though.

Rasputin
04-21-2014, 09:46 PM
People are amazed at a plastic sack floating in the air like it's dancing but it's just trash that some bird or animal or kid is going suffocate from having it around their head.

You guys are bastards!

I mean ya it's a good scene catches American Beauty. :evil:

Dave Lane
04-21-2014, 10:31 PM
American Beauty by a mile.

Rain Man
04-24-2014, 08:22 PM
American Beauty drifts elegantly into the second round.

BlackHelicopters
04-25-2014, 07:07 AM
American Beauty