PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs CP Opinion: top receiving options in 2014

Discuss Thrower
04-22-2014, 12:14 PM
Watching highlights of the 2013 season, it seems that the Reid offense calls for spreading the ball around to any and all available receivers. We saw it to a maddening degree in the Tennessee game with Chad Hall getting his number called (entirely way too many times) as well as Junior Hemingway coming up with TD catches in the season opener and in the final contest against Denver even though he and Hall would be special teamers on more talented rosters.

KC made use of the FB(!) they traded for in the passing game, and continued to throw at McGrath after Fasano returned.

But for every "unsung hero" type of receiver making plays, the offense lived and died with Jamaal and Dwayne Bowe, and the absent Dexter McCluster was behind the aforementioned stars in total receptions. Behind the top three receivers in orders of total catches: Avery, McGrath, Fasano, Sherman, Hemingway, Davis, Jenkins, Gray, Kevin Brock, Chad Hall. Jamaal led with 7 TDs, Bowe with 5, Fasano 3 and Hemingway, Avery, McCluster with 2 apiece and Sherman with a TD.

Go on record: vote for who you think will be the top three in receptions in 2014 and ballpark their scoring and yardage. It's not like you have anything else better to do anyway. If selecting the 2014 draft / FA selections, take a stab at who you think it might be.

Poll forthcoming.

BlackHelicopters
04-22-2014, 12:16 PM
Nb4

The Franchise
04-22-2014, 12:35 PM
Bowe - 1100 yards, 8 TDs
Charles - 600 yards, 4 TDs
Kelce - 700 yards, 7 TDs

Steron
04-22-2014, 12:37 PM
Bowe, Charles, Kelce

RealSNR
04-22-2014, 12:38 PM
I went Bowe, Charles, and rookie #1 pick.

Eleazar
04-22-2014, 12:42 PM
It's possible, but unlikely any rookie would contribute much his first season in the pros.

BlackHelicopters
04-22-2014, 12:46 PM
Bowe, Charles, and someone else

Snapplez
04-22-2014, 12:48 PM
Bowe, Charles, Fasano.

Kelce won't have any impact. McGrath is still McGrath. If they draft a TE in the first he'd be the third option, I guess.

the Talking Can
04-22-2014, 12:51 PM
after Bowe and Charles it is is a big pile of worthless garbage

Discuss Thrower
04-22-2014, 01:08 PM
I think it'll be JC, Bowe, and Hemingway.

Hemingway and McCluster had almost the same measurables from their respective combine workouts with Junior edging out Dexter in a few categories (except vertical jump.. oddly enough). Hemingway is an actual receiver whilst Dex was a running back convert.

Again, I point out the times Hemingway made plays on the field as evidence that he's earned some level of trust with Reid, Pederson and Alex Smith. If they'll put him out there in goal to go and other situations in crucial games (first game of Reid's tenure, Denver at Arrowhead and in the playoff game) and measures up similar to the former #3 option as receiver in McCluster, then it stands to reason Junior is his replacement.