PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV SceneItAll Tournament: Round 1, Heat 129

Rain Man
04-24-2014, 08:46 PM
The rules:

In Round 1, I'm going to put up three randomly selected scenes from the nomination thread.

You'll vote for your ONE favorite scene among the three. The key here is FAVORITE. We're not talking about the 'best' or 'most powerful' or 'most meaningful'. We're talking about the scene that you most enjoy watching, however you define that.

The winners will move on. I'll also take the 10 highest-scoring second-place scenes and they'll advance as wild cards.

Some of our nominations did not include clips. This will be noted. If you find a clip, please post it and let me know so I can update it if it moves on.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xUA2EzzWAC4?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kRAI9_MkmBM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/w1MkjmbdHUM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rain Man
04-24-2014, 08:48 PM
Eh, pretty weak heat. I was tempted to go with none of the above, but won't. My votes:

#1 - Ronin. I don't really understand what happened, but I like Deniro.

#2 - Tommy Boy. Mildly annoying scene.

#3 - Princess Bride. Notably annoying scene.

listopencil
04-25-2014, 01:53 AM
Princess Bride and it isn't even close.

WhawhaWhat
04-25-2014, 06:26 AM
Tommy Boy.

BlackHelicopters
04-25-2014, 06:58 AM
Tommy Boy.

Rain Man
04-25-2014, 05:22 PM
The Princess Bride wins and prepares to move to the second round.

Oddly, Tommy Boy is well positioned for a wild card spot. It'll be close, though.

Easy 6
04-25-2014, 05:40 PM
Even as a child, fantasy nerd who had a hard won Dungeons & Dragons demigod... I'll never get the fascination with Princess Bride.

Farley should've run away with this thing.

Rain Man
04-25-2014, 05:50 PM
Even as a child, fantasy nerd who had a hard won Dungeons & Dragons demigod... I'll never get the fascination with Princess Bride.

Farley should've run away with this thing.

Yeah, I feel like I should like that movie. All of the indicators tell me I should like that movie. But for some reason I have no interest in it, and every scene I see from it kind of bores me.

Easy 6
04-25-2014, 06:08 PM
Yeah, I feel like I should like that movie. All of the indicators tell me I should like that movie. But for some reason I have no interest in it, and every scene I see from it kind of bores me.

I guess that somehow...

Carey Elwes, Mandy Patinkin, Billy Crystal and Andre the Giant somehow = Timeless Magic.

Infidel Goat
04-25-2014, 06:38 PM
Eh, pretty weak heat. I was tempted to go with none of the above, but won't. My votes:

#1 - Ronin. I don't really understand what happened, but I like Deniro.

#2 - Tommy Boy. Mildly annoying scene.

#3 - Princess Bride. Notably annoying scene.

Inconceivable.

Infidel Goat
04-25-2014, 06:41 PM
p.s. When did Rain Man start doing jumping jacks in his avatar?! It's probably been a long while, but I honestly just noticed...

Rain Man
04-25-2014, 06:57 PM
p.s. When did Rain Man start doing jumping jacks in his avatar?! It's probably been a long while, but I honestly just noticed...

Just a couple of days ago. The dog got tired.

Garcia Bronco
04-25-2014, 07:54 PM
inigo montoya scene with lightsabres

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SWXcDZNgOWs