PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Well, The LA Clippers are Screwed Thanks to Owner

notorious
04-26-2014, 07:41 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/clippers-owner-donald-sterling-caught-on-tape-telling-his-girlfriend-to-not-bring-african-americans-to--my-games-064539618.html

Report: Clippers owner Donald Sterling caught on tape telling his girlfriend to not bring African-Americans to 'my games'

By Kelly Dwyer

TMZ revealed a recording early Saturday morning of what it says is Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling pathetically admonishing his girlfriend for “associating” with African-Americans – apparently she made the major mistake, in Sterling’s eyes, of posing for a photo with Basketball Hall of Famer Magic Johnson, a photo she later uploaded to her Instagram account.

It's a shocking and infuriating 9½-minute bit of tape that should embarrass the NBA and force new commissioner Adam Silver into action.

According to TMZ's recording, Sterling went on to chide his girlfriend, who is half-African-American and half-Mexican, for bringing African-Americans to Clipper games, even if those guests in question were of exalted status as Magic is, and even if she’s never done as much.

The recording is an absolutely depressing listen, to say the least. Here are some of the snippets, according to TMZ, from Sterling, who told his girlfriend V. Stiviano that he feels “very strongly” about her “broadcasting” the fact she briefly spoke and posed with a very famous black man:

-- "It bothers me a lot that you want to broadcast that you’re associating with black people. Do you have to?" (3:30)

-- "You can sleep with [black people]. You can bring them in, you can do whatever you want. The little I ask you is not to promote it on that ... and not to bring them to my games." (5:15)

-- "...Don't put him [Magic] on an Instagram for the world to have to see so they have to call me. And don't bring him to my games." (9:13)

Donald Sterling is the NBA’s great shame, and now a major media outlet apparently has him on record as telling a woman – one that he obscenely disrespects throughout the entire exchange – that he doesn’t want African-Americans coming to his basketball games. Whether Sterling is sadly mixing up his words or only referring to Magic Johnson personally, or jealous of the brief attention his much younger girlfriend (Sterling is still married to another woman, mind you) received isn’t the point – the point is that the NBA has to do something about its biggest problem.

This is indefensible. Sterling’s treatment of this woman is execrable enough, but the clear intent of his message and what’s simmering just underneath what he actually lets out should be enough to force what has previously been a spineless league (regarding the Clippers' owner) into action. The Clippers could boast a lily-white roster and coaching staff, that part barely matters in relation to Donald Sterling – owner of an NBA team – being taped telling someone he doesn’t want African-Americans at his basketball games.

Fight with his girl, heat of the moment, jealous as hell – it does not matter.

This is Silver’s first great task. He’ll have to balance the interests of a small team-owning few versus the respect of hundreds of millions. This, like Donald Sterling, is a no-brainer.

http://thacover2.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/V.-Stiviano-Donald-Sterling.jpg

Donald Sterling and V. Stiviano during a playoff game earlier in April. (Getty Images)

notorious
04-26-2014, 07:42 AM
Good luck getting anyone worth a damn to play for your team.

:facepalm:

Simply Red
04-26-2014, 08:46 AM
how do you think his players felt? Good grief. :shake:

BigMeatballDave
04-26-2014, 08:49 AM
Holy shit.

TLO
04-26-2014, 08:54 AM
TMZ....

TEX
04-26-2014, 08:55 AM
:doh!: Nice!

Even if they were private messages to his slut GF, he's gotta be smarter than that...

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-26-2014, 08:58 AM
His racism has been well known for years, but it will be interesting to see how things play out.

Still, TMZ should stay away from broad pronouncements about the makeup of the staff. Elgin Baylor was GM of the Clippers for years, and Doc Rivers is their coach, so calling it "lily white" is somewhat ignorant of history.

Sterling is, and has been, a major problem in the NBA..

TEX
04-26-2014, 09:00 AM
His racism has been well known for years, but it will be interesting to see how things play out.

Still, TMZ should stay away from broad pronouncements about the makeup of the staff. Elgin Baylor was GM of the Clippers for years, and Doc Rivers is their coach, so calling it "lily white" is somewhat ignorant of history.

I totally agree.

notorious
04-26-2014, 09:02 AM

That was the first thing I thought of, but he is a business man, and they usually have the ability to compartmentalize between business and something personal.

Since his girlfriend is more of a personal issue, his true colors came out.

Mi_chief_fan
04-26-2014, 09:02 AM
Worst owner in all pro sports. He once questioned whether a team doctor was a necessary expense.

BigMeatballDave
04-26-2014, 09:04 AM
http://youtu.be/rK1IgqTNV1M

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-26-2014, 09:16 AM
I could only make it through about four minutes of that tape. It's sad that she has such low self esteem that she'd willingly associate with that motherfucker after what he said.

Someone needs to drive a 12d nail through his dick.

Chief_For_Life58
04-26-2014, 09:22 AM
wow that guy has straight lost his mind. haha

Simply Red
04-26-2014, 09:24 AM

He need his ass beat.

RippedmyFlesh
04-26-2014, 09:26 AM

The Marge Schott of the NBA.
She used to let her dogs shit on the diamond before the game.

MTG#10
04-26-2014, 09:32 AM
So what exactly is the problem with his comments? :shrug: /houstonwhodat

hometeam
04-26-2014, 09:36 AM
60 million dollar paychecks can ease the sting from a potential players perspective ~

ThaVirus
04-26-2014, 09:40 AM
I'm trying to find the word to describe the way his brain works. Is it irony? I don't know.

He's dating a mixed woman, Mexican and black, who probably has very little white ancestry and gets mad that she associates with.. Other black people?

"In her entire fucking life!" He's ok with her hanging out with blacks, loving them, and even fucking them.. But for God's sake don't put them on "your Instagrams!" For the world to see.

And he's ok with her fucking Magic Johnson but just don't publicize it LMAO

What a weird, weird dude.

jAZ
04-26-2014, 09:40 AM
Wow.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YhT6d5fMhzI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MTG#10
04-26-2014, 09:43 AM
I'm trying to find the word to describe the way his brain works. Is it irony? I don't know.

He's dating a mixed woman, Mexican and black, who probably has very little white ancestry and gets mad that she associates with.. Other black people?

"In her entire fucking life!" He's ok with her hanging out with blacks, loving them, and even fucking them.. But for God's sake don't put them on "your Instagrams!" For the world to see.

And he's ok with her fucking Magic Johnson but just don't publicize it LMAO

What a weird, weird dude.

That's what I was thinking. Old cunt is obviously senile.

Predarat
04-26-2014, 09:44 AM
Wow just when you thought the Clippers were actually going to become relevant. I remember being younger, reading the sports page every morning, checking the standings, almost always LA Lakers at or near the top, LA Clippers at the bottom, if they were lucky near it on rare occasions. Back to those days. Well maybe not for the Lakers lol.

Simply Red
04-26-2014, 09:45 AM
this guy is completely insane.

damaticous
04-26-2014, 09:47 AM
Wait!

Wat is this NBA you all speak of?

GloucesterChief
04-26-2014, 10:39 AM
Sterling is a known racist, cheapskate, and slum lord.

Just like Schott, the league can't make him sell the team. They just have to hope that he dies off and the next owner is better.

It worked for the Blackhawks when Bill Wirtz kicked the can and his son Rocky Wirtz took over.

Bugeater
04-26-2014, 10:46 AM
Apparently they both have a pile of issues, sounds like a match made in heaven.

suzzer99
04-26-2014, 10:49 AM
You're all the real racists for pointing out racism.

/DC

Halfcan
04-26-2014, 10:50 AM
Cute couple...I hear wedding bells in the future for these lovebirds.

Pushead2
04-26-2014, 10:55 AM
I guess there's no such thing as bad publicity?

tk13
04-26-2014, 10:56 AM
This is horrible. I wonder how they got this recording.

Hamas is right that it's a bit weird because this guy has been a complete scumbag in every possible way for decades. There's really nothing in this that's a surprise. I guess the viral nature of news today has something to do with it.

Mi_chief_fan
04-26-2014, 11:03 AM
He's had some memorable quotes:
http://deadspin.com/your-complete-quotable-guide-to-decades-of-donald-sterl-1568047212?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&amp;utm_source=deadspin_facebook&amp;utm_medium=sociali tes

wanna know why you think you can coach these ****ers.
(To potential coach Rollie Massimino, 1983)

That's because of all the blacks in this building, they smell, they're not clean.
(To a property supervisor, 2002, sworn testimony.)

And it's because of all of the Mexicans that just sit around and smoke and drink all day.
(Ibid.)

I don't like Mexican men because they smoke, drink and just hang around the house.
(Ibid.)

Is she one of those black people that stink? [...] Just evict the bitch.
(Ibid.)

I'm offering a lot of money for a poor black kid.
(On negotiations to sign Danny Manning, 1988, allegedly in David Stern's presence.)

I don't have to spend any more money on them, they will take whatever conditions I give them and still pay the rent.
(On Koreans, sworn testimony.)

According to former general manger Elgin Baylor, Sterling envisioned a "Southern Plantation type structure" for the Clippers, one in which, as he allegedly put it to Baylor, "poor black boys from the South" played for a white head coach.

Bowser
04-26-2014, 11:09 AM
This would be like if Prison Bitch opened up a gay bar then turned around and bitched about all the homosexuals that frequented his place.

BigMeatballDave
04-26-2014, 11:11 AM
This would be like if Prison Bitch opened up a gay bar then turned around and bitched about all the homosexuals that frequented his place.

LMAO

Sure-Oz
04-26-2014, 11:14 AM
I could only make it through about four minutes of that tape. It's sad that she has such low self esteem that she'd willingly associate with that mother****er after what he said.

You'd think she could find some other rich douche

Mi_chief_fan
04-26-2014, 11:16 AM

Yeah, sounds like Willem Dafoe in Boondock Saints.

tk13
04-26-2014, 11:16 AM
http://deadspin.com/your-complete-quotable-guide-to-decades-of-donald-sterl-1568047212?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&amp;utm_source=deadspin_facebook&amp;utm_medium=sociali tes

That's because of all the blacks in this building, they smell, they're not clean.

And it's because of all of the Mexicans that just sit around and smoke and drink all day.
(Ibid.)

I don't like Mexican men because they smoke, drink and just hang around the house.
(Ibid.)

(Ibid.)

(On negotiations to sign Danny Manning, 1988, allegedly in David Stern's presence.)

I don't have to spend any more money on them, they will take whatever conditions I give them and still pay the rent.

According to former general manger Elgin Baylor, Sterling envisioned a "Southern Plantation type structure" for the Clippers, one in which, as he allegedly put it to Baylor, "poor black boys from the South" played for a white head coach.

There you go. And these are just the horrible things he's said. He's always been this way. He's done a lot of horrible things to people. There was that case a few years back where one of the Clippers employees had a serious health problem... I think cancer, but something very serious, and he refused to pay for treatment. So some of the Clippers players threw money together and paid for the person's health costs.

Halfcan
04-26-2014, 11:17 AM

(Ibid.)

(Ibid.)

(Ibid.)

:shake::shake::shake::shake:

tk13
04-26-2014, 11:20 AM
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/3/15/2052281/donald-sterling-clippers-coach-cancer

There it is. An assistant coach had prostate cancer and the team refused to cover treatment costs because then "they'd have to do it for everyone." A bunch of a players got together and put up $70,000 to cover the surgery.

Bowser
04-26-2014, 11:26 AM
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/3/15/2052281/donald-sterling-clippers-coach-cancer

There it is. An assistant coach had prostate cancer and the team refused to cover treatment costs because then "they'd have to do it for everyone." A bunch of a players got together and put up $70,000 to cover the surgery.

Holy shit

BigMeatballDave
04-26-2014, 11:28 AM
The other owners need to force him out.

BigMeatballDave
04-26-2014, 11:30 AM
Didn't MLB ban Schott for her anti-Semitic remarks?

underEJ
04-26-2014, 11:33 AM
I remember the Danny Manning in LA when I first lived here 90-92. So fun to have my favorite Jayhawk in town, even with the injury. But, I could never have been a Clippers fan in general because of that fool of an owner. I would hope the current Clippers players have some pull to finally get the NBA to do something about him, but I don't have that much faith. They have always just let him get away with it.

Pitt Gorilla
04-26-2014, 11:33 AM
Pretty sure he posts regularly in DC.

jAZ
04-26-2014, 11:35 AM
this guy is completely insane.

I disagree.

Cliven Bundy is the rural, unpolished face of racism. Donald Sterling is the modern, properly groomed face of it.

I was talking to my dad (70) about this the other day. He agrees that Cliven Bundy is racist and I think he feels that he's mostly crazy because he's so public about his racism. Sterling is racist too. But perhaps less crazy because he's not willing to be public about it.

But that's the nature of racism today. We are all more media savvy about how we speak about race, almost regardless of our views. As a result, racism looks much different today than when Bundy, Sterling and my dad were growing up.

So they don't see race and racism in the same way that a younger generation might. To an older generation, racism is separate drinking fountains, seats on the bus or even slavery.

Racism in modern 2014 looks a lot more like Donald Sterling, who seems to be dating a woman who is herself a mix of two minority races. And a lot less like the Clive Bundy who puts his paranoid fears on national TV for everyone to witness.

jAZ
04-26-2014, 11:40 AM

(Ibid.)

(Ibid.)

(Ibid.)

I wonder if this is (finally) his Marge Schott moment.

http://articles.philly.com/1998-10-22/sports/25762626_1_reds-owner-marge-schott-ken-hofmann

Report: Schott Being Forced Out As Reds Owner

Daily News Wire Services
POSTED: October 22, 1998
Marge Schott will soon sell her controlling share of the Cincinnati Reds under pressure from baseball's top officials, the Cincinnati Post reported yesterday.

Schott's two-year suspension from daily operation of the team, as punishment for remarks about Asians and working women, expired with the end of the World Series.

According to recent reports, baseball officials have been leaning toward extending her suspension so Reds managing executive John Allen can continue running the team.

Now, baseball officials are expected to announce Schott has signed a letter of intent to sell her interest in the Reds by the end of the year, the Post reported, citing unidentified sources.

ThaVirus
04-26-2014, 11:43 AM
That makes some sense jAZ.

It's almost like he's in denial as well.

One second there's no problem with her hanging out with, loving, and even fucking black guys behind closed doors, then it's not ok to do it publicly, but when she asks what's wrong with it he says there's nothing wrong..

Really flip floppy.

Bowser
04-26-2014, 11:45 AM
I really do find it hilarious that such a racist piece of shit would choose to live in Los Angeles and own an NBA team. Irony of the highest degree. But that article of him not wanting to pay for the cancer surgery just makes him a disgusting human being on top of all the rest.

Mi_chief_fan
04-26-2014, 11:50 AM
I wonder if this is (finally) his Marge Schott moment.

http://articles.philly.com/1998-10-22/sports/25762626_1_reds-owner-marge-schott-ken-hofmann

Report: Schott Being Forced Out As Reds Owner

Daily News Wire Services
POSTED: October 22, 1998
Marge Schott will soon sell her controlling share of the Cincinnati Reds under pressure from baseball's top officials, the Cincinnati Post reported yesterday.

Schott's two-year suspension from daily operation of the team, as punishment for remarks about Asians and working women, expired with the end of th
e World Series.

According to recent reports, baseball officials have been leaning toward extending her suspension so Reds managing executive John Allen can continue running the team.

Now, baseball officials are expected to announce Schott has signed a letter of intent to sell her interest in the Reds by the end of the year, the Post reported, citing unidentified sources.

We can only hope.

tk13
04-26-2014, 11:50 AM
I really do find it hilarious that such a racist piece of shit would choose to live in Los Angeles and own an NBA team. Irony of the highest degree. But that article of him not wanting to pay for the cancer surgery just makes him a disgusting human being on top of all the rest.

I think technically speaking the coach was using an out of network doctor, or something of the sort, but still... that's the kind of guy he is.

He's always been that way. There are tons of examples of him being notoriously cheap. He once played with the 8 man minimum even though one of the players was injured or had some kind of surgery. For years he used to make the stat guys short change his team on assists at home games. On and on.

bdj23
04-26-2014, 11:57 AM
I do like his steampunk glasses though.

Deberg_1990
04-26-2014, 12:01 PM
Suddenly David Glass doesn't seem so bad.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pepe Silvia
04-26-2014, 12:04 PM
I could only make it through about four minutes of that tape. It's sad that she has such low self esteem that she'd willingly associate with that mother****er after what he said.

She wouldn't dare walk away from the money.

kcxiv
04-26-2014, 12:05 PM
Sterling is a known racist, cheapskate, and slum lord.

Just like Schott, the league can't make him sell the team. They just have to hope that he dies off and the next owner is better.

It worked for the Blackhawks when Bill Wirtz kicked the can and his son Rocky Wirtz took over.

Actually rthey can. If he's a detriment to the sport they can force him out. I'm sure its like in baseball. Bud Selig forced Frank McCourt to sell the Dodgers. It can happen

Rausch
04-26-2014, 12:08 PM

Sick.

Just an Al Davis level "human being."

And Rush "my opiates" Limbaugh was voted out of a minority stake in an NFL team...

Jerm
04-26-2014, 12:10 PM
Way to go signing that max extension Chris Paul...oops...

GloucesterChief
04-26-2014, 12:12 PM
Actually rthey can. If he's a detriment to the sport they can force him out. I'm sure its like in baseball. Bud Selig forced Frank McCourt to sell the Dodgers. It can happen

McCourt was also broke. If McCourt was not broke he could of told Selig to piss off. Sure, Selig could of suspended him from MLB but he couldn't make him sell the team.

kcxiv
04-26-2014, 12:26 PM
McCourt was also broke. If McCourt was not broke he could of told Selig to piss off. Sure, Selig could of suspended him from MLB but he couldn't make him sell the team.
He was also coming into a huge huger tv deal. He wouldnt have been broke for long. There is a clause when buying a MLB team, that if your detrimentall to the team, the owners can vote and can force you to sell the team.

I remember listening to espn L.A almost everyday back then and they had all kinds of people former MLB employee's talking about this. Yep, he ran them into the ground, but this may be on the same level. What Sterling said was bad bad bad. Especially in todays sensitive ass world.

TLO
04-26-2014, 12:26 PM
Wow.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YhT6d5fMhzI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I don't even...

Do people really have conversations like that??

Rausch
04-26-2014, 12:30 PM
I don't even...

Do people really have conversations like that??

I'm pretty happy with my beaner wife.

He must be doing it wrong...

suzzer99
04-26-2014, 12:32 PM
Sick.

Just an Al Davis level "human being."

And Rush "my opiates" Limbaugh was voted out of a minority stake in an NFL team...

Al Davis was actually on the vanguard of accepting black players and coaches. He refused to let the Raiders play in cities where black and white players had to stay in separate hotels

Sully
04-26-2014, 12:32 PM
Breaking News; Mel Gibson to buy 10,000 LA Clippers season tickets.

Jerm
04-26-2014, 12:33 PM
Funny watching Chris Broussard rant and rave on Twitter about Sterling considering what he said about Jayson Collins.

hometeam
04-26-2014, 12:43 PM

She hasn't got a choice. Dude cares about nothing or no one. He kicked her to the curb like a piece of trash the moment he found out about this.

Rausch
04-26-2014, 12:48 PM
Al Davis was actually on the vanguard of accepting black players and coaches. He refused to let the Raiders play in cities where black and white players had to stay in separate hotels

There's also a rumor that once he got benched and he started nailing white hotties Davis went sour.

Don't get me wrong, Allen was always a very prideful guy, he didn't need any help pissing off an owner. And Allen never held a word back...

suzzer99
04-26-2014, 12:50 PM
That rumor doesn't fit with most of Davis' other actions – in a time where Davis was actually taking the more controversial stance of supporting black players and coaches.

Rausch
04-26-2014, 12:51 PM
That rumor doesn't fit with most of Davis' other actions – in a time where Davis was actually taking the more controversial stance of supporting black players and coaches.

Right.

As long as he was a house nigger it was all good...

suzzer99
04-26-2014, 12:58 PM
People who think that way generally don't lead the vanguard for civil rights in their industry. We know Marcus Allen hated Davis and vice versa. So I'd like to hear a few more sources before I take that rumor at face value.

Don't get me wrong, I still hate Al Davis. I just don't think it's fair to compare him to this complete sack of shit.

ThatRaceCardGuy
04-26-2014, 01:13 PM
What an idiot.

Jerm
04-26-2014, 01:37 PM
I love how all of Twitter is calling for the Clips players and coaches to take a stand yet none of them will call them out for taking this asshole's $$$ when the opportunity was presented.

And if it was such common knowledge, why hasn't the same media been talking about it?

This shit just proves that as usual, all that matters in sports is money.

WilliamTheIrish
04-26-2014, 01:40 PM
There's also a rumor that once he got benched and he started nailing white hotties Davis went sour.

Don't get me wrong, Allen was always a very prideful guy, he didn't need any help pissing off an owner. And Allen never held a word back...

Ridiculous. Allen held out and was already the highest paid player on the team. Marcus Allen quit on the Raiders.

Mr. Laz
04-26-2014, 01:45 PM
TMZ....

has turned into a fairly reliable news source

WilliamTheIrish
04-26-2014, 01:46 PM
Right.

As long as he was a house ****er it was all good...

Ridiculous again. Al Davis was well known for taking care of players both monetarily and personally. He was a players advocate all through his tenure. Dislike him and the Raiders all you want, but don't make him out to be something he was not.

ghak99
04-26-2014, 02:19 PM
What the fuck did I just listen to?

Even if you ignore his apparent racism, there is a shit load of crazy going on in that conversation.

TLO
04-26-2014, 05:14 PM
has turned into a fairly reliable news source

LMAO

In other news, Al Sharpton is now involved, and therefore, I am no longer interested.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-26-2014, 06:06 PM
Funny watching Chris Broussard rant and rave on Twitter about Sterling considering what he said about Jayson Collins.

It may be hypocritical, but it's not surprising. There is much higher institutional homophobia in the black community than the white community, in part owing to the black community's greater adherence to the tenets of conservative interpretations of the Bible.

Jerm
04-26-2014, 06:09 PM
It may be hypocritical, but it's not surprising. There is much higher institutional homophobia in the black community than the white community, in part owing to the black community's greater adherence to the tenets of conservative interpretations of the Bible.

Right...the other crazy thing to me is guys like Broussard and others that cover the NBA have known this about Sterling, not like this is breaking news but only now are they coming out and condemning it.

Baby Lee
04-26-2014, 06:10 PM
What was surprising is how wimpy he sounds arguing.

And it's a terribly mixed message, it almost sounded like he had someone with power over him grousing about the photo.

wazu
04-26-2014, 06:16 PM
I'm pretty happy with my beaner wife.

He must be doing it wrong...

Married a gal from Boston, eh?

PunkinDrublic
04-26-2014, 06:36 PM

Yup she she's such a gold digging whore to the point where she accepts a lot of the racist bullshit he's spewing. She even apologizes at the end. She obviously has no respect for herself.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-26-2014, 06:40 PM
Sterling was heard stating he only hates half of Blake Griffin.

Mr. Laz
04-26-2014, 06:41 PM
I couldn't play for him—
Kobe Bryant (@kobebryant) April 26, 2014

Mojo Jojo
04-26-2014, 06:49 PM
And this just before he was to receive the LA NAACP lifetime recognition award...
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-donald-sterling-naacp-racism-20140426,0,4500129.story?track=rss#axzz302kIRdMc

Easy 6
04-26-2014, 07:01 PM
It may sound crass, but she deserves verbal abuse for being that walking liver spots girlfriend.

Pitt Gorilla
04-26-2014, 07:31 PM
I'm pretty happy with my person of Hispanic heritage wife.

He must be doing it wrong...Pics or GTFO. :D

TimBone
04-27-2014, 10:43 AM
I don't believe she is a weak person at all. I believe she's a gold digger who was ready to move on to someone new and on the way out decided to hem the guy up for all the racist shit he's said to her while they've been together.

I bet she's the one that recorded that convo. At times he was wanting to stop talking and she'd keep it going. She was baiting him into some things. Not that he needed to be baited. He was saying plenty of disgusting shit on his own.

Either way, dudes a douchebag.

Mr_Tomahawk
04-27-2014, 12:41 PM
Kansas City Clippers.

Make it happen Cerner.

hometeam
04-27-2014, 12:44 PM
Kansas City Clippers.

Make it happen Cerner.

HELLLL NO.

Cant keep the name~

Chiefs Pantalones
04-27-2014, 12:46 PM
I couldn't play for him—

I don't think Kobe is good enough to play for them anymore right now anyway.

Sure-Oz
04-27-2014, 12:49 PM
Kansas City Clippers.

Make it happen Cerner.

Nah man...Kansas City Sporting Choyals!

Tribal Warfare
04-27-2014, 12:50 PM
HELLLL NO.

Cant keep the name~

KC Kings

ChiliConCarnage
04-27-2014, 12:57 PM
This is apparently a quote from Donald Sterlings deposition

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BlnQsPxCIAAyWUl.png:large

#dead ROFL

Al Bundy
04-27-2014, 01:01 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BmQALBACAAAvt3w.jpg:large

Johnson&Johnson
04-27-2014, 01:39 PM
Sterling is not alone out there. Does it really take an 80-year old bigot getting entrapped by his gf for all of us to be appalled of such discovery?
http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv208/t_wired/sports/The-Worst_zps01af3a93.pnghttp://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10845649/jackson-sterling-remarks-illustrate-race-relations-need-work

lewdog
04-27-2014, 01:48 PM
Clipper make statement/protest by wearing shirts inside out for warmups.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2043532-clippers-players-hold-protest-by-wearing-team-shirts-inside-out-for-warm-ups?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2014/04/27/ecb971e216c4a55a48d2f9b3d3a5c6ae.gif?1398627969

BWillie
04-27-2014, 01:49 PM
Maybe he will have to sell and some swinging dick can bring them to KC

listopencil
04-27-2014, 01:50 PM
Clippers are playing shortly. The players have staged a minor protest, flipping their warm-ups inside out.

kccrow
04-27-2014, 02:22 PM
Definitely some racism, and a whole lot of crazy fuckin old man. Holy shit, I could hardly follow his thought process.

GloucesterChief
04-27-2014, 02:25 PM
Sterling is not alone out there. Does it really take an 80-year old bigot getting entrapped by his gf for all of us to be appalled of such discovery?
http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv208/t_wired/sports/The-Worst_zps01af3a93.pnghttp://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10845649/jackson-sterling-remarks-illustrate-race-relations-need-work

Harold Ballard was much much worse then Donald Sterling. (http://www.sportsargumentwiki.com/index.php?title=Harold_Ballard)

In58men
04-27-2014, 02:46 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/28/4y7ybyqu.jpg

ROFL nice

GloryDayz
04-27-2014, 03:01 PM
This doode is toast! And LOL, she made good use of her 15 minutes of fame!

ghak99
04-27-2014, 03:16 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/28/4y7ybyqu.jpg

ROFL nice

ROFL ROFL

Are they showing this stuff on TV?

It might give me a reason to watch a game.

Titty Meat
04-27-2014, 03:21 PM
I couldn't play for him—

Im sure slavery bothers Kobe hes only made millions off of it.

barryforthewin20
04-27-2014, 03:31 PM
Im sure slavery bothers Kobe hes only made millions off of it.
Lol yea if they offered him a ton of money right now he'd be there

GloryDayz
04-27-2014, 03:40 PM
ROFL ROFL

Are they showing this stuff on TV?

It might give me a reason to watch a game.

Don't go that far!

TEX
04-27-2014, 04:14 PM
I don't believe she is a weak person at all. I believe she's a gold digger who was ready to move on to someone new and on the way out decided to hem the guy up for all the racist shit he's said to her while they've been together.

I bet she's the one that recorded that convo. At times he was wanting to stop talking and she'd keep it going. She was baiting him into some things. Not that he needed to be baited. He was saying plenty of disgusting shit on his own.

Either way, dudes a douchebag.

This.

Valiant
04-28-2014, 01:17 PM
It is funny because he was going to receive a award from the naacp for his help before this incident. Now they are not presenting it.

funny, it furthers the truth. Everyone is fine with it as they are getting money. But now they have a problem with him, even though he has past history with this.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/clippers/2014/04/28/donald-sterling-clippers-naacp-alice-huffman/8411441/

Halfcan
04-28-2014, 01:47 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BmQALBACAAAvt3w.jpg:large

Now that is Funny!

Halfcan
04-28-2014, 01:50 PM

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2043532-clippers-players-hold-protest-by-wearing-team-shirts-inside-out-for-warm-ups?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2014/04/27/ecb971e216c4a55a48d2f9b3d3a5c6ae.gif?1398627969

Why don't they Really protest by not cashing those Phat checks for a few games? :doh!:

This protest ranks right up there with Rosa Parks....... not.

Just Passin' By
04-28-2014, 02:10 PM
Where are all the cries for tolerance of different viewpoints?

-King-
04-28-2014, 02:38 PM
Why don't they Really protest by not cashing those Phat checks for a few games? :doh!:

:spock: Why would they do that? They've EARNED those paychecks.

TEX
04-28-2014, 02:44 PM
Where are all the cries for tolerance of different viewpoints?

There aren't any. :hmmm:

GloryDayz
04-28-2014, 02:48 PM

OK, what does that mean? I see what they're doing, but how does that say, "racism sucks"? Other than not showing the team's name, it has to be one of the weakest protests in the annals of time.

Halfcan
04-28-2014, 02:49 PM
OK, what does that mean? I see what they're doing, but how does that say, "racism sucks"? Other than not showing the team's name, it has to be one of the weakest protests in the annals of time.

This!!

WhawhaWhat
04-28-2014, 02:50 PM

"No Don, I want you to keep that paycheck. We are going to protest tonight by playing for free!"

Dumbass.

Halfcan
04-28-2014, 03:12 PM
"No Don, I want you to keep that paycheck. We are going to protest tonight by playing for free!"

Dumbass.

The point is - don't play. If they are That upset by his comments and the racist work environment-refuse to play (as a team) the next game. That would have been more of an imapact the throwing their jerseys in a pile. Even if they threatened not to play it would have shaken things up more than what they did. :doh!:

kcxiv
04-28-2014, 03:43 PM

well play offs they pretty much play for free. The monthly checks for the season have already been cashed in. I think they get like 50 grand for play offs or something. Maybe not even that much.

ModSocks
04-28-2014, 03:48 PM
The point is - don't play. If they are That upset by his comments and the racist work environment-refuse to play (as a team) the next game. That would have been more of an imapact the throwing their jerseys in a pile. Even if they threatened not to play it would have shaken things up more than what they did. :doh!:

Uhm....it's the NBA playoffs. They're chasing a championship. There are better ways to show your displeasure than to essentially forfeit a game and quit on their fan base. Turning your T-shirt inside out is much more realistic.

wazu
04-28-2014, 04:00 PM
The protest is weird, but I haven't heard or thought of a better idea. Really, doing anything like that makes a very loud public statement of disgust with the guy who signs the checks. I can't think of a similar situation.

Bob Dole
04-28-2014, 04:18 PM

Pretty sure they didn't play last night. They may have been on the court, but there wasn't much playing going on.

GloryDayz
04-28-2014, 05:16 PM
I wonder when the guys calls in a group of high priced call girls to suck his cock, spread eagle, take his load, and beg for more to make himself feel better...