FIGHT!

Kansas City's picks:
1.23- Brandin Cooks, WR, Oregon State
3.87-
4.124-
5.163-
6.193-
6.200-

No second round selection means we're moving on to Round 3. I'm also switching to a different mock because drafttek's is truly fucking awful. I guarantee some of these third round picks are going to be damn close to 1st rounders. I know I said all inaccuracies are created equal when it comes to the NFL Draft, but I was wrong, okay? I take that back now.

So I'm going back to Walter. He at least updates weekly with reports of player buzz and risers/fallers. It's the best I can do, I suppose. And since the Chiefs don't have a 7th round pick, his 6 rounds only will be sufficient for this exercise.

So here's the back half of the 2nd round, with some adjustments from me to reflect the first round fake results. Then I'll give the rundown of the 3rd up to KC's pick.

52. Arizona - Zach Mettenberger, QB, LSU
53. Green Bay - Weston Richburg, C, Colorado State
54. Philadelphia - Trent Murphy, DE, Stanford
55. Cincinnati - Terrence Brooks, FS, Florida State
56. San Francisco (from KC) - Keith McGill, CB, Utah
57. San Diego - Bashaud Breeland, CB, Clemson
58. New Orleans - Davante Adams, WR, Fresno State
59. Indianapolis - Gabe Jackson, G, Mississippi State
60. Carolina - Cyrus Kouandjio, OT, Alabama
61. San Francisco - Kareem Martin, DE, UNC
62. New England - Bishop Sankey, RB, Washington
63. Denver - Chris Borland, ILB, Wisconsin
64. Seattle - Marcus Smith, DE, Louisville

Third Round
65. Houston - Tre Mason, RB, Auburn
66. Washington - Carl Bradford, ILB, Arizona State
67. Oakland - AJ McCarron, QB, Alabama
68. Atlanta - Deone Buchanon, SS, Washington State
69. Tampa Bay - Dominique Easley, DT, Florida
70. Jacksonville - Jarvis Landry, WR, LSU
71. Cleveland - Cameron Fleming, OT, Stanford
72. Minnesota - Martavis Bryant, WR, Clemson
73. Buffalo - Craig Loston, FS, LSU
74. New York Giants - Devonta Freeman, RB, Florida State
75. St. Louis - Tom Savage, QB, Pittsburgh
76. Detroit - Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
77. San Francisco (from TEN) - Troy Niklas, TE, Notre Dame
78. Dallas - Ego Ferguson, DT, LSU
79. Baltimore - Trevor Reilly, DE/OLB, Utah
80. New York Jets - Jaylen Watkins, CB, Florida
81. Miami - Paul Richardson, WR, Colorado
82. Chicago - George Uko, DT, USC
83. Cleveland (from PIT) - Christian Jones, ILB, Florida State
84. Arizona - Lamarcus Joyner, CB/S, Florida State
85. Green Bay - CJ Fiedorowicz, TE, Iowa
86. Philadelphia - Stanley Jean-Baptiste, CB, Nebraska
87. Kansas City -

Poll forthcoming

Mr_Tomahawk
04-27-2014, 11:30 AM
First.

Should have gone pass rusher in the first...

TambaBerry
04-27-2014, 11:32 AM
nb4 poll

BlackHelicopters
04-27-2014, 11:33 AM
Inb4

OldSchool
04-27-2014, 11:42 AM
Lawrence easily.

TambaBerry
04-27-2014, 11:45 AM
Desir, Yankey, or Gaines

Mr_Tomahawk
04-27-2014, 11:49 AM
Jeffcoat or Lawrence.

Either will work here.

hometeam
04-27-2014, 11:55 AM
I like Yankey. I don't think he will be available here in reality though. If he is, we should take him.

AustinChief
04-27-2014, 12:00 PM
Jackson Jeffcoat by a MILE. If he is there when we pick you SPRINT to the podium and put in the pick. If we didn't have so many other needs I'd say trade down from our 1st or up from our 3rd to get him.

Check out this article...

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/04/23/the-case-for-jackson-jeffcoat/

RealSNR
04-27-2014, 12:07 PM
Jackson Jeffcoat by a MILE. If he is there when we pick you SPRINT to the podium and put in the pick. If we didn't have so many other needs I'd say trade down from our 1st or up from our 3rd to get him.

Check out this article...

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/04/23/the-case-for-jackson-jeffcoat/

I think it all depends what you're looking for.

Jeffcoat has the best speed and intensity. Lawrence is a little more refined in terms of the variety of his pass rush moves, and he seems to be a bit more ready to work into different drop back coverages if need be.

I went with Lawrence, but I'm not going to complain about Jeffcoat. Either of those two players is definitely the way to go.

Fairplay
04-27-2014, 12:49 PM
I don't know enough about these guys to say my opinion but good luck.

Mr_Tomahawk
04-27-2014, 12:53 PM
I don't know enough about these guys to say my opinion but good luck.

Just pick jackson or Lawrence.

Jackson = Ware

Lawrence = Babin

OldSchool
04-27-2014, 12:56 PM
I don't know about Jackson. When I watch him, he looks slow, lackluster, and stiff most of the time. His combine numbers surprised the hell out of me because I don't think he looks anywhere near that athletic on the field.

Fairplay
04-27-2014, 12:56 PM
Just pick jackson or Lawrence.

Jackson = Ware

Lawrence = Babin

On it.

Perineum Ripper
04-27-2014, 01:28 PM
I think Lawrence is going to be a beast..from what I have watched he is going to transfer well to the next level with some work of course..I have read he is a top 50 player in the Draft projection

Dinny Bossa Nova
04-27-2014, 02:08 PM
Well, since they didn't get a QB in the first and don't have a second, they absolutely HAVE to go QB here.

I say best QB available.

Dinny

BlackHelicopters
04-27-2014, 03:24 PM
Yankey

OldSchool
04-27-2014, 03:43 PM
Well, since they didn't get a QB in the first and don't have a second, they absolutely HAVE to go QB here.

I say best QB available.

Dinny

ROFL

No QB available in this draft in the 3rd round will end up being any better than Chase Daniels or Tyler Bray, much less be able to challenge for the starting role, lol. Waste of a pick.

milkman
04-27-2014, 03:47 PM
ROFL

No QB available in this draft in the 3rd round will end up being any better than Chase Daniels or Tyler Bray, much less be able to challenge for the starting role, lol. Waste of a pick.

Aaron Murray.

RealSNR
04-27-2014, 03:54 PM
ROFL

No QB available in this draft in the 3rd round will end up being any better than Chase Daniels or Tyler Bray

Wanna bet?

rico
04-27-2014, 04:21 PM
Aaron Murray.

My personal fave of the entire QB class this year.

OldSchool
04-27-2014, 04:34 PM
Aaron Murray isn't going to be any better than Case Keenum in the NFL. Capable backup but that's about it. Good luck if you want him as a full time starter.

milkman
04-27-2014, 04:39 PM
Aaron Murray isn't going to be any better than Case Keenum in the NFL. Capable backup but that's about it. Good luck if you want him as a full time starter.

That's your opinion, which you are entitled to, even when you're wrong.

Bowser
04-27-2014, 04:47 PM
Damn, even in the third there are solid picks to chose from. I really like Ellington - polished route runner and sneaky fast, but he'd be a luxury pick.

Pass rusher, ILB, or corner here.

Bewbies
04-27-2014, 04:48 PM
I can't believe I'm going to write this, but I'd consider Aaron Murray here. And that's from a UGA fan that hated him until this year.

rico
04-27-2014, 04:51 PM
I can't believe I'm going to write this, but I'd consider Aaron Murray here. And that's from a UGA fan that hated him until this year.

What was it you didn't like about him until this year? Honest question.

RealSNR
04-27-2014, 05:11 PM

And Chase Daniel is... something more than that?

Tyler Bray is... likely to reach the high standard you've set for his potential?

Let's not act like what we have behind Alex Smith would be a terrible thing to lose. I'm not exactly thrilled about Murray's shot at being a great NFL QB either, but it's sure as shit a hell of a lot more promising than hoping we achieve that with Daniel or Bray.

In any case, Daniel's contract he signed last year was for 3 years and $10 million. Given he's just a backup (and a pretty shitty one at that) I'd much rather roll the dice on Murray in the third than act like Daniel or Bray is a precious resource

AustinChief
04-27-2014, 05:23 PM
I think it all depends what you're looking for.

Jeffcoat has the best speed and intensity. Lawrence is a little more refined in terms of the variety of his pass rush moves, and he seems to be a bit more ready to work into different drop back coverages if need be.

I went with Lawrence, but I'm not going to complain about Jeffcoat. Either of those two players is definitely the way to go.

Probably true but I worry about Lawrence since he only had 1 year of decent competition. To me he is a bit riskier. Also, I have watched all of Jeffcoat's games so I am a bit biased in that regard.

RealSNR
04-27-2014, 09:03 PM
More votes, please

jd1020
04-27-2014, 09:56 PM
Sooner or later this team is going to have to get serious about getting a 2nd option/future 1st at QB, but I just dont like Murray as a future first. I'd rather wait 1 more round and go boom or bust with Boyd.

It's between Lawrence and Yankey for me.

I'll go with Lawrence with the assumption that he can muscle up with some NFL training and do more than get stonewalled by linemen.

I'm assuming since you are now using WF and he had Jeremiah Attaochu at 57 that you bumped him to early 2nd?

Bowser
04-27-2014, 10:14 PM
More votes, please

Fuck.

I REALLY like Ellington. I think he might have a chance to be this years' Keenan Allen, but I went with Desir just based on his freakish potential.

Like I said, even in the third we are going to have choices at quality players. This draft is ridiculously loaded.

RealSNR
04-27-2014, 10:24 PM
Sooner or later this team is going to have to get serious about getting a 2nd option/future 1st at QB, but I just dont like Murray as a future first. I'd rather wait 1 more round and go boom or bust with Boyd.

It's between Lawrence and Yankey for me.

I'll go with Lawrence with the assumption that he can muscle up with some NFL training and do more than get stonewalled by linemen.

I'm assuming since you are now using WF and he had Jeremiah Attaochu at 57 that you bumped him to early 2nd?
Yarp.

Because, seriously. Attaochu is going in the 1st round. It's going to happen.

I did that with a couple players where I moved them around based on what teams drafted according to the drafttek mock in the 1st round. I was basically doing what I preached against in the 1st round thread. However, I didn't feel too bad because I was using Walter's just-as-arbitrary "Team sucks at _____, so they take this guy at this position even though it falls contrary to how most big boards look at that point" approach.

BossChief
04-27-2014, 10:31 PM
I'd think long and hard about Aaron Murray here. With his late injury, he would probably start the year on pup, but once he returns, it would probably allow us to cut/trade Daniels.

The good thing about that is two-fold.

1) Aaron Murray has Drew Brees type upside and would have a chance to be a quality starter in this league. As a third round pick, he would be super cheap in that role. Allowing us to bolster the lie up elsewhere similarly to how Seattle does because of Russel Wilson's third round contract.

2) Chase Daniel has a 4.8 million dollar cap number next year. With extensions needed for Alex Smith and Justin Houston, there's no way we can keep him around at that number.

RealSNR
04-27-2014, 10:35 PM
I'd think long and hard about Aaron Murray here. With his late injury, he would probably start the year on pup, but once he returns, it would probably allow us to cut/trade Daniels.

The good thing about that is two-fold.

1) Aaron Murray has Drew Brees type upside and would have a chance to be a quality starter in this league. As a third round pick, he would be super cheap in that role. Allowing us to bolster the lie up elsewhere similarly to how Seattle does because of Russel Wilson's third round contract.

2) Chase Daniel has a 4.8 million dollar cap number next year. With extensions needed for Alex Smith and Justin Houston, there's no way we can keep him around at that number.
I'd like to think that the pick would lower the total value of Alex's extension as well. But one never knows with a wild card like Dorsey.

Mr_Tomahawk
04-28-2014, 10:21 PM
Nice pick. Did I miss round 4?

RealSNR
04-28-2014, 10:29 PM
Nice pick. Did I miss round 4?

I'll probably put that up tomorrow

BossChief
04-28-2014, 11:12 PM
I voted Lawrence because this defense absolutely shut down when Houston and Hali got hurt against SD and we need to get someone in there that can step in once Hali begins to slow down...but it wasn't an easy choice.

Aaron Murray would be a fantastic pick in the third round, too.

I'm a lot higher on Murray than most here and think he has a really high upside under a coach like Reid, but I just think Lawrence gives us more immediate impact and I think this team isn't out of the running, despite popular belief to the contrary.

Rausch
04-28-2014, 11:23 PM
I'm going to hope we fucking reach for a TE just so our QB has a legit reason to throw over the middle again beyond 5 yards during the regular season.

Bowe doesn't get separation and Avery has is about as strong off the line as fucking Mr. Burns.

We can sit here cussing for weeks/months or we can give our baby his na-na...

Chiefnj2
04-29-2014, 06:02 AM
At the end of the day KC is lucky to get a first year starter in round 1 and a situational player in round 3. Sitting back in FA really set the team back.

ForeverChiefs58
04-29-2014, 06:35 AM
Nice pick. I sure hope he can play FS.

Hey I know that playoff game was hard to watch, but like any tragedy, we must never forget, and use it to be more prepared. We still don't have a FS.

RealSNR
04-29-2014, 08:03 AM
Nice pick. I sure hope he can play FS.

Hey I know that playoff game was hard to watch, but like any tragedy, we must never forget, and use it to be more prepared. We still don't have a FS.

Because this kind of thinking always leads to great drafts

ForeverChiefs58
04-29-2014, 08:52 AM
Because this kind of thinking always leads to great drafts

It reminds me of the Marty years.

After having the worst defensive collapse in franchise history, not just the one most important playoff game either, but from throughout the season, the chiefs ignore the position.

Almost every year the chiefs have had a need at safety. Most have been screaming for Lewis replacement for a while now. Glad he's gone.

Who is our FS?

Who?

OldSchool
04-29-2014, 08:58 AM
I would suggest taking Telvin Smith and having him and Abdullah fill Berry's role while we kick Berry over to FS.

htismaqe
04-29-2014, 09:00 AM
At the end of the day KC is lucky to get a first year starter in round 1 and a situational player in round 3. Sitting back in FA really set the team back.

Yep.

RealSNR
04-29-2014, 09:06 AM
It reminds me of the Marty years.

After having the worst defensive collapse in franchise history, not just the one most important playoff game either, but from throughout the season.

Almost every year the chiefs have had a need at safety. Most have been screaming for his replacement for a while now.

Who is our FS?

Who?

The same goes for the QB position, yet everybody just seems content to shrug their shoulders and say, "There were no good QB prospects available from 2008-2013."

In this case, Clinton-Dix and Pryor were gone before we picked at 23. Jimmy Ward was available, but nobody wanted him-- not even you. You didn't post one goddamn thing about getting Ward.

So we're in the 3rd round. And to be honest, the rest of the safeties in this draft can go suck a goddamn dick. They've all either got huge problems with making the jump to the pros, or they're so raw that it would be unreasonable to let them see the field for even one goddamn defensive play during the season. Yes, some of them will work out, but none of them scream out that they're anything better than what we've got now at the FS position in Abdullah and Commings.

The 3rd round safeties we could have massively reached on would be fucking terrible. Most draft boards agree with me on this. So I guess we'll just wait and let people have a chance at drafting a developmental safety in the later rounds if they really want one that bad.

Sorry. Yeah, it sucks that we're going to leave that position wide open and trust it to a journeyman and a guy who's already a fucking brokedick after only one season in the NFL. But I don't know what you want us to do. Ignore the potential to actually draft a really good player at this pick just so we can get the developmental safety you want?

And I know you're just as pissed about the QB thing as a lot of fans on this forum. But I don't know what to tell you. If the Chiefs insist on being fucking idiots about this crap when it comes to QBs, where they say, "Only 3 of the QB prospects available when we had a draft pick on the clock since 1998 have interested us" then I guess they should be consistent in that approach and just make it a draft philosophy that reaches out to all positions of the team.

ForeverChiefs58
04-29-2014, 09:22 AM
It's really weird the team would be ok with putting Sanders fucking Cummings out there.

He was a 5th rd corner with a history of injuries, not being that great, and beating his girlfriend.

I really don't get it.

The scrub FS's available at 23 would already be better than what we have there, since we really have nothing

I suppose at some point the chiefs will entertain filling the spot, but since this is the same group that are overachievers on doing nothing, I shouldn't hold out hope.

ForeverChiefs58
04-29-2014, 09:25 AM
The same goes for the QB position, yet everybody just seems content to shrug their shoulders and say, "There were no good QB prospects available from 2008-2013."

In this case, Clinton-Dix and Pryor were gone before we picked at 23. Jimmy Ward was available, but nobody wanted him-- not even you. You didn't post one goddamn thing about getting Ward.

So we're in the 3rd round. And to be honest, the rest of the safeties in this draft can go suck a goddamn dick. They've all either got huge problems with making the jump to the pros, or they're so raw that it would be unreasonable to let them see the field for even one goddamn defensive play during the season. Yes, some of them will work out, but none of them scream out that they're anything better than what we've got now at the FS position in Abdullah and Commings.

The 3rd round safeties we could have massively reached on would be fucking terrible. Most draft boards agree with me on this. So I guess we'll just wait and let people have a chance at drafting a developmental safety in the later rounds if they really want one that bad.

Sorry. Yeah, it sucks that we're going to leave that position wide open and trust it to a journeyman and a guy who's already a fucking brokedick after only one season in the NFL. But I don't know what you want us to do. Ignore the potential to actually draft a really good player at this pick just so we can get the developmental safety you want?

And I know you're just as pissed about the QB thing as a lot of fans on this forum. But I don't know what to tell you. If the Chiefs insist on being fucking idiots about this crap when it comes to QBs, where they say, "Only 3 of the QB prospects available when we had a draft pick on the clock since 1998 have interested us" then I guess they should be consistent in that approach and just make it a draft philosophy that reaches out to all positions of the team.

Yeah but at least they have a more than capable starter at QB. They lost their crap starter at FS and don't seem too worried about giving up 30 points in the span of 20 min a lot.

jd1020
04-29-2014, 09:33 AM
They'll probably wait til the last day and get someone like Jonathan Dowling or Alden Darby.

RealSNR
04-29-2014, 09:44 AM
Yeah but at least they have a more than capable starter at QB. They lost their crap starter at FS and don't seem too worried about giving up 30 points in the span of 20 min a lot.

Terrence Brooks would have been a fantastic FS to draft with our 2nd round pick.

But we got our more than capable starter at QB, who will be able to play football at a high level for AT LEAST 3 more years. If we're lucky, maybe he'll last as long as Trent Green did for us!

ForeverChiefs58
04-29-2014, 09:58 AM
Terrence Brooks would have been a fantastic FS to draft with our 2nd round pick.

But we got our more than capable starter at QB, who will be able to play football at a high level for AT LEAST 3 more years. If we're lucky, maybe he'll last as long as Trent Green did for us!

"Maybe they have a plan." - Chiefs fan's death march

The Franchise
04-29-2014, 10:01 AM
"Maybe they have a plan." - Chiefs fan's death march

"Reach for a need!" - CP Dipshits

ForeverChiefs58
04-29-2014, 10:03 AM

So...another OL then?

The Franchise
04-29-2014, 10:03 AM
So...another OL then?

Who would you rather draft here? Ed Reynolds? Tell me why he's a better pick over DeMarcus Lawrence without using "we need a FS and that's what his position is" as an arguing point.

ForeverChiefs58
04-29-2014, 10:12 AM

I prefer the team address the needs through the draft or FA. Ignoring the team needs though never fixes them

The Franchise
04-29-2014, 10:15 AM
I prefer the team address the needs through the draft or FA. Ignoring the team needs though never fixes them

And so far they have. WR? Check. A third pass rusher that can replace Hali next year? Check.

ForeverChiefs58
04-29-2014, 10:20 AM
Who would you rather draft here? Ed Reynolds? Tell me why he's a better pick over DeMarcus Lawrence without using "we need a FS and that's what his position is" as an arguing point.

I personally think our team needs would be CB/pass rusher in rd 1

FS value is rd 2 and hopefully some fall to 3

I think a very good and speedy WR will be had in rd 3-4

ForeverChiefs58
04-29-2014, 10:22 AM
And so far they have. WR? Check. A third pass rusher that can replace Hali next year? Check.

Who plays FS?

And who is this replacing Hali?

The Franchise
04-29-2014, 10:28 AM
Who plays FS?

And who is this replacing Hali?

Abdullah.

DeMarcus Lawrence.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/IqC5_3Kb3uo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ForeverChiefs58
04-29-2014, 10:42 AM
Abdullah.

DeMarcus Lawrence.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/IqC5_3Kb3uo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I wasn't trying to criticize the mock at all, I was criticizing the chiefs

I like the mock fine and think both players will help us.

I just wish the team would have addressed our biggest weaknesses from our biggest collapse earlier is all

RealSNR
04-29-2014, 10:47 AM
Arguably the Chiefs top 4 needs (in any order) are WR, DE/OLB, G, and FS.

It would be outstanding if we fulfilled all of those needs in one draft with ACTUAL good players.

But I'll be kind of disappointed if Dorsey goes round-by-round like a checklist and marks off each position as he goes along. In other words, if our first draft picks rounds 1-5 are those exact positions, I'm really going to raise my eyebrow at Dorsey.

It means he actually DOESN'T give a shit about the process or the best player available at the top of the board. It will also more than likely mean we reached on one of those players when we could have had something or someone better.

The truth is that the Chiefs have a need at damn near every position on the field. And Dorsey should NOT be choosy about this need or that need being greater than the others. For example, yes, we're pretty dang good right now depth-wise at DE, but that's while we assume that Vance Walker is what we hope him to be and that Mike Catapano is something more than just a hulked-out white dude who can write a better graduate thesis than anybody else on the team. If THE best player available is a 3-4 DE that is so good it would be a crime to pass on him, then he needs to be our pick.

And that goes for CB, ILB, NT, RB, etc.

rico
04-29-2014, 12:21 PM
Man...next year is going to be fucking rough.

I'm already looking forward to the fucking 2015 draft.

ForeverChiefs58
04-29-2014, 12:21 PM
Arguably the Chiefs top 4 needs (in any order) are WR, DE/OLB, G, and FS.

It would be outstanding if we fulfilled all of those needs in one draft with ACTUAL good players.

But I'll be kind of disappointed if Dorsey goes round-by-round like a checklist and marks off each position as he goes along. In other words, if our first draft picks rounds 1-5 are those exact positions, I'm really going to raise my eyebrow at Dorsey.

It means he actually DOESN'T give a shit about the process or the best player available at the top of the board. It will also more than likely mean we reached on one of those players when we could have had something or someone better.

The truth is that the Chiefs have a need at damn near every position on the field. And Dorsey should NOT be choosy about this need or that need being greater than the others. For example, yes, we're pretty dang good right now depth-wise at DE, but that's while we assume that Vance Walker is what we hope him to be and that Mike Catapano is something more than just a hulked-out white dude who can write a better graduate thesis than anybody else on the team. If THE best player available is a 3-4 DE that is so good it would be a crime to pass on him, then he needs to be our pick.

And that goes for CB, ILB, NT, RB, etc.

Watch chiefs blow everyone's minds by getting a QB when no one sees us coming

rico
04-29-2014, 12:36 PM

Yeah...watch us do something bold, like trade up in the 1st for one...not saying it will happen, but it would be mind-blowing if they did.

God, the lack of a 2nd round pick this year makes me want to put my mouth on a tail pipe.

Eleazar
04-29-2014, 12:37 PM
Purifoy

RealSNR
04-29-2014, 01:00 PM

I'm not going to complain about that if it happens. We've drafted an equal number of FBs and QBs since 1998. Three each. (QBs: Stanzi, Croyle, Killian; FBs: Braden Wilson, Shane Bannan, George Layne)

The timing of taking a QB this year isn't ideal in any way, but I'll be fucking damned if I'm going to all of a sudden say, "I'd really prefer if we didn't take one this year."

You'll notice I'm not even being specific about the round. I have compromised SO FUCKING MUCH on this issue because of who the Chiefs are and what they've done to not only my pride as a fan but my happiness. I've resorted to getting excited about any late round QB they draft just as long as it comes more frequently than it has in the past.

Fuck this franchise. Fuck it to hell.

Mr_Tomahawk
04-29-2014, 01:00 PM
wHeRE iS THE nEXt rOUND?>! dMANi!RT!

RealSNR
04-29-2014, 01:04 PM
wHeRE iS THE nEXt rOUND?>! dMANi!RT!

I'll get it up tonight.

(And I'll also post the draft poll for the 4th round!)

rico
04-29-2014, 01:09 PM
I'm not going to complain about that if it happens. We've drafted an equal number of FBs and QBs since 1998. Three each. (QBs: Stanzi, Croyle, Killian; FBs: Braden Wilson, Shane Bannan, George Layne)

The timing of taking a QB this year isn't ideal in any way, but I'll be ****ing damned if I'm going to all of a sudden say, "I'd really prefer if we didn't take one this year."

You'll notice I'm not even being specific about the round. I have compromised SO ****ING MUCH on this issue because of who the Chiefs are and what they've done to not only my pride as a fan but my happiness. I've resorted to getting excited about any late round QB they draft just as long as it comes more frequently than it has in the past.

**** this franchise. **** it to hell.

Holy...fucking.....shit...

http://replygif.net/i/347.gif

RealSNR
04-29-2014, 01:15 PM
Holy...fucking.....shit...

http://replygif.net/i/347.gif

The really shitty part?

Usually when you draft a FB, you expect it's because you want that player as a luxury on offense. Otherwise why spend a draft pick on one? The FB you select should be really damn good.

NONE of the FBs we have drafted in that time made the final roster after the last preseason game of their rookie years. I THINK Shane Bannan maybe got on the practice squad, but I'm not sure.

ForeverChiefs58
04-29-2014, 01:25 PM

The timing of taking a QB this year isn't ideal in any way, but I'll be fucking damned if I'm going to all of a sudden say, "I'd really prefer if we didn't take one this year."

You'll notice I'm not even being specific about the round. I have compromised SO FUCKING MUCH on this issue because of who the Chiefs are and what they've done to not only my pride as a fan but my happiness. I've resorted to getting excited about any late round QB they draft just as long as it comes more frequently than it has in the past.

Fuck this franchise. Fuck it to hell.

Yeah I don't think it'll happen either, but a 1st rd QB in kc might make fan faces melt off, especially after seeing them cheer an OT number 1 overall

htismaqe
04-29-2014, 01:37 PM
Yeah I don't think it'll happen either, but a 1st rd QB in kc might make fan faces melt off, especially after seeing them cheer an OT number 1 overall

They'll boo. Count on it.

Eleazar
04-29-2014, 01:41 PM

Well, the team has a lot of holes, but one of the settled positions is QB, so I would expect some people to scratch their heads on that one. I don't think that makes them a true fan. They could say, what about any of these other 8 positions where we need help?

Personally, I wouldn't care. I think we should draft a QB every year. If someone who is good value is there in the first then do it. If it's the sixth, ok, but at least we're taking a long look and trying to teach someone. If it's James Kilian then so what. What did we lose, a kick returner?

We should review the QBs remaining on the board before every pick we ever make in the draft and ask ourselves if we like the guy we're about to pick more than we like the possibility of having that QB prospect.

RealSNR
04-29-2014, 02:17 PM
If it's the sixth, ok, but at least we're taking a long look and trying to teach someone. If it's James Kilian then so what. What did we lose, a kick returner?

Braden Wilson