PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs 49ers looking to trade up for Beckham?

the Talking Can
05-01-2014, 08:08 AM
Let your trade fantasy flags fly...could we be this lucky?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000345776/article/report-lsu-wr-odell-beckham-jr-a-49ers-target

The San Francisco 49ers traded up last year to land a player from LSU in the first round. The same plan could be unfolding this year.

Last year, the 49ers nabbed LSU free safety Eric Reid. This year, the object of their affection could be Tigers wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. The Niners are "very interested" in Beckham, a source told The San Francisco Chronicle.
2014 NFL Draft

Beckham is considered a certain first-round pick, but how early he goes in the round is the question. While he is a first-rounder, he also is in the second tier of receivers, behind Clemson's Sammy Watkins and Texas A&M's Mike Evans, both of whom could go in the top 10. Beckham, Oregon State's Brandin Cooks and USC's Marqise Lee are in the "race" to be the third receiver picked, and Beckham seemingly is the leader in that group.

The 49ers own the 30th pick, which is too late to get Beckham. But where do the 49ers have to be to be able to snag Beckham? While teams that pick in the early to mid-teens certainly would make room for Beckham, especially Pittsburgh at No. 15, most have bigger position issues than wide receiver. Plus, given the depth at receiver in this draft, those teams could figure they can grab a receiver in the second or third round who fits just as well. But that changes when you get to the New York Jets, who pick 18th. The Jets need to add a lot of talent to their receiving corps and almost certainly would be interested in Beckham.

The Baltimore Ravens pick 17th and are said to be willing to trade the pick; heck, the Ravens' official website posted a story Wednesday with this headline: "Ravens Already Discussing Draft Trades With Teams." (We'll pause here for a minute to let you remember who coaches the Ravens and 49ers.)

Mr_Tomahawk
05-01-2014, 08:09 AM
Well he is going to be gone before 23....so no, we are not lucky.

In58men
05-01-2014, 08:35 AM
Chiefs don't have the balls to trade up. Not sure if I remember a time where we did trade. We're always looking for the diamond in the rough lol.

jd1020
05-01-2014, 08:36 AM
Chiefs don't have the balls to trade up. Not sure if I remember a time where we did trade. We're always looking for the diamond in the rough lol.

We have to trade back to recoup the shit we gave up for Smith.

Titty Meat
05-01-2014, 08:41 AM
This is the story of the Chiefs off season. Watch talented team acquire talent while the franchise does nothing then half the board defends it.

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-01-2014, 08:43 AM
If any of those three are there at 23 we should trade with them and get our 2nd back. We can pick two good players at 30 and 55

jd1020
05-01-2014, 08:43 AM
If any of those three are there at 23 we should trade with them and get our 2nd back. We can pick two good players at 30 and 55

Not gonna get 2nd for that trade.

You are talking about Dorsey vs Baalke. Be lucky to get a 6th the way Dorsey negotiates.

OldSchool
05-01-2014, 08:46 AM
Not gonna get 2nd for that trade.

You are talking about Dorsey vs Baalke. Be lucky to get a 6th the way Dorsey negotiates.

You can if the other team wants the player available that badly.

jd1020
05-01-2014, 08:47 AM
You can if the other team wants the player available that badly.

Good luck with that.

CaliforniaChief
05-01-2014, 08:50 AM
I've read that the 49ers would trade to 17 (Baltimore) to leap the Jets, who seem to be looking WR. If you want a trade down, you have to look at the 2-3 teams behind us and hope someone wants to jump them to get a guy they want. Unlikely with CBA and reasonable contracts for draft picks/rookies.

thabear04
Why do 49ers want to copy us and draft back to back guys from LSU.

Chief Roundup

We are not trying to trade up. We are trying to trade back.
Your memory is not very good either. We have traded up for players several times.

htismaqe
05-01-2014, 08:51 AM
I've read that the 49ers would trade to 17 (Baltimore) to leap the Jets, who seem to be looking WR. If you want a trade down, you have to look at the 2-3 teams behind us and hope someone wants to jump them to get a guy they want. Unlikely with CBA and reasonable contracts for draft picks/rookies.

This.

If any team is highly interested in ODB or one of the other WRs, they're looking to trade ahead of the JETS. Our pick doesn't have any value in this scenario.

OldSchool
05-01-2014, 08:54 AM
Possibility to obtain more picks in the top 100:

Trade our 1st for both of their seconds and one of their 3rds.

That gives us:

56, 61, 94/77 (94 being more likely)

I think I'd take that trade without thinking too hard about it.

Would give us 4 picks in the top 100 vs just 2 originally.

jd1020
05-01-2014, 08:56 AM
Possibility to obtain more picks in the top 100:

Trade our 1st for both of their seconds and one of their 3rds.

That gives us:

56, 61, 94/77 (94 being more likely)

I think I'd take that trade without thinking too hard about it.

Would give us 4 picks in the top 100 vs just 2 originally.

Shame at least 1 of those picks will have already been traded and the player in question will be gone.

planetdoc
05-01-2014, 08:57 AM
That is AJ Jenkins all over again.

similar size, speed, and college production.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/odell-beckham-jr-1.html
http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/aj-jenkins-1.html
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=83167&draftyear=2012&genpos=WR
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=119421&draftyear=2014&genpos=WR

maybe they will trade him to us after a yr.

OldSchool
05-01-2014, 08:57 AM
Another trade possibility? If Houston doesn't take a QB early they could offer us their 2nd round pick plus their third for 23 in order to take, if he's still available, Derek Carr or Teddy Bridgewater ahead of the Browns at 26 (if Browns passed on a QB as well).

O.city
05-01-2014, 09:06 AM
Story comes out a week before the draft about a trade up for prospect? I'm skeptical.

Could have come from the 9ers, odb's agent, the jets, whomever.

Titty Meat
05-01-2014, 10:52 AM
Story comes out a week before the draft about a trade up for prospect? I'm skeptical.

Yeah I read last went they were going to trade up for Fuller.

Titty Meat
05-01-2014, 10:53 AM
This.

If any team is highly interested in ODB or one of the other WRs, they're looking to trade ahead of the JETS. Our pick doesn't have any value in this scenario.

I think the best case for a trade with us would be if a guy like Fuller or Ealy were still on the board.

Watch Dorsey trade up to draft a guard.

RealSNR
05-01-2014, 10:55 AM

In the first round? You gotta go all the way back to Ryan Sims to find the last time we traded up.

Titty Meat
05-01-2014, 10:57 AM
In the first round? You gotta go all the way back to Ryan Sims to find the last time we traded up.

We traded up for Albert didnt we?

Rausch
05-01-2014, 10:59 AM
I think the best case for a trade with us would be if a guy like Fuller or Ealy were still on the board.

Watch Dorsey trade up to draft a guard.

I see us as a completely neutral player.

No desire to move up or down.

SOMEONE will want to move up and I'd jump on the 3rd offer...

RealSNR
05-01-2014, 11:01 AM
We traded up for Albert didnt we?

Eff. Okay, yeah, you're right. Forgot about that one.

htismaqe
05-01-2014, 11:10 AM
I see us as a completely neutral player.

No desire to move up or down.

Same here.

O.city
05-01-2014, 11:27 AM
I'm not sure trading up is ever a great idea. It seems in the past the teams moving down end up with the benefit.

Outside if Julio jones,off the top of my head, what trade up ended up worth it?

I think being neutral is the way to go. "I'll trade down with you, but we love player x and are ready to pull the trigger unless you blow me away".

temper11
05-01-2014, 11:34 AM
Another trade possibility? If Houston doesn't take a QB early they could offer us their 2nd round pick plus their third for 23 in order to take, if he's still available, Derek Carr or Teddy Bridgewater ahead of the Browns at 26 (if Browns passed on a QB as well).

KC 810 sports, interviewed Schefter who went big on this particular trade possibility yesterday. They were actually saying that KC would swap our 1st and 4th to grab their 2nd and 3rd. I didn't catch the whole segment but why wouldn't houston lock up a QB with their first round pick? Did they trade their first away?

Titty Meat
05-01-2014, 11:36 AM
I'm not sure trading up is ever a great idea. It seems in the past the teams moving down end up with the benefit.

I think being neutral is the way to go. "I'll trade down with you, but we love player x and are ready to pull the trigger unless you blow me away".

Branden Albert and Colin Kapernick are a few that come to mind.

RealSNR
05-01-2014, 11:37 AM

The Packers traded up a few picks to get Aaron Rodgers if I remember correctly.

There was that time the Chiefs traded down with the Steelers in 2003 (or 2004? Can't remember) and we ended up with Larry Johnson while they got Troy Polamalu. For what Johnson was for about 2-3 seasons that could have been a deal where both teams got what they both needed, but Johnson just didn't last long enough.

Also the time the Chiefs traded down into the 2nd round to take Junior Siavii. I don't know who we traded with or what they got with our pick, but it was probably better than Junior fucking Siavii.

htismaqe
05-01-2014, 11:40 AM
KC 810 sports, interviewed Schefter who went big on this particular trade possibility yesterday. They were actually saying that KC would swap our 1st and 4th to grab their 2nd and 3rd. I didn't catch the whole segment but why wouldn't houston lock up a QB with their first round pick? Did they trade their first away?

They've got the 1st overall pick. It's likely they'll take Clowney.

rico
05-01-2014, 11:41 AM
We have to trade back to recoup the shit we gave up for Smith.

Yup...

Ebolapox
05-01-2014, 11:42 AM

you young? tony gonzalez for one.

Ebolapox
05-01-2014, 11:43 AM
The Packers traded up a few picks to get Aaron Rodgers if I remember correctly.

There was that time the Chiefs traded down with the Steelers in 2003 (or 2004? Can't remember) and we ended up with Larry Johnson while they got Troy Polamalu. For what Johnson was for about 2-3 seasons that could have been a deal where both teams got what they both needed, but Johnson just didn't last long enough.

Also the time the Chiefs traded down into the 2nd round to take Junior Siavii. I don't know who we traded with or what they got with our pick, but it was probably better than Junior ****ing Siavii.

we traded that pick to the lions if memory serves and they got a RB... was it kevin smith? yeah, they didn't end up very well at all with that one. we also traded back with the steelers (who got troy polamalu) and we got larry johnson.

Mr. Laz
05-01-2014, 11:58 AM
beckham vs cook vs Lee

is the difference worth an extra draft pick?

Pitt Gorilla
05-01-2014, 12:03 PM
Trad them bowe for a sixth rounder.

xztop123
05-01-2014, 12:56 PM
I liked Cooks but reading here http://thesidelineview.com/scouting-report/odell-beckham-jr

http://thesidelineview.com/scouting-report/brandin-cooks

You see Beckham has much longer arms and vertical

I also like the way beckham catches the ball more than cooks.

xztop123
05-01-2014, 12:58 PM
Given the fact that Cooks is Tavon Austin but a little better, the Eagles should get him and the 9ers get Beckham jr... we lose

Just Passin' By
05-01-2014, 01:06 PM

It was after the picks were made, but the Giants trade up to get Eli has paid off the the tune of 2 SB wins so far.

RealSNR
05-01-2014, 01:08 PM
It was after the picks were made, but the Giants trade up to get Eli has paid off the the tune of 2 SB wins so far.

True, but I don't think that should count. If Eli wasn't such a sourpuss, the Chargers never would have made that trade, and instead they would have just kept Eli.

Dayze
05-01-2014, 03:18 PM
they'll trade with the team directly in front of us; which will somehow be the Broncos

Titty Meat
05-01-2014, 03:57 PM
Given the fact that Cooks is Tavon Austin but a little better, the Eagles should get him and the 9ers get Beckham jr... we lose

Marquis Lee unlike Cooks can be a #1 WR

Deberg_1990
05-01-2014, 04:10 PM
we traded that pick to the lions if memory serves and they got a RB... was it kevin smith? yeah, they didn't end up very well at all with that one. we also traded back with the steelers (who got troy polamalu) and we got larry johnson.

We traded with them, and we picked Junior Siavii. the late 1st and early 2nd were garbage that year. 2004
Posted via Mobile Device

DTLB58
05-01-2014, 04:51 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283280

Mr. Laz
05-01-2014, 05:14 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283280
Draft stuff is supposed to be posted in the lounge this close to the draft.

OldSchool
05-01-2014, 05:28 PM

Because no QB in this draft is worth the #1 overall pick.

NinerDoug
05-01-2014, 05:41 PM
This is the story of the Chiefs off season. Watch talented team acquire talent while the franchise does nothing then half the board defends it.

Forget the past. You're under (relatively) new management.

Cannibal
05-01-2014, 06:44 PM

Didn't we move up several spots for Gonzo?

htismaqe
05-01-2014, 07:31 PM
Forget the past. You're under (relatively) new management.

I believe he was talking about THIS offseason.

NinerDoug
05-01-2014, 07:34 PM
I believe he was talking about THIS offseason.

Thought he was predicting a bad draft.

htismaqe
05-01-2014, 07:36 PM
Thought he was predicting a bad draft.

Nah, it's pretty clear he's talking about free agency as well...

Ragged Robin
05-01-2014, 07:38 PM
That is AJ Jenkins all over again.

similar size, speed, and college production.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/odell-beckham-jr-1.html
http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/aj-jenkins-1.html
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=83167&draftyear=2012&genpos=WR
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=119421&draftyear=2014&genpos=WR

maybe they will trade him to us after a yr.

lol jenkins was more productive.. this scares me

NinerDoug
05-01-2014, 07:45 PM
Nah, it's pretty clear he's talking about free agency as well...

What about this dude?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283350

Could be a diamond in the rough. Needs time to blossom.

On the other hand, nevermind.

MotherfuckerJones
05-01-2014, 08:15 PM

Traded up for Albert.

Chiefshrink
05-01-2014, 08:18 PM

BINGO !

And why you don't listen to any of this crap because it is all NFL Poker manipulation at this point in time.

Chiefshrink
05-01-2014, 08:19 PM
Didn't we move up several spots for Gonzo?

Yep !

Chiefshrink
05-01-2014, 08:24 PM

Yep ! NFL network Jeremiah and crew were talking about how Lee's stock is falling.