PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Rap Sheet: Talks With Alex Smith Not Progressing Well

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

CaliforniaChief
05-05-2014, 10:25 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Team that will consider a 1st-round QB: The <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Chiefs&amp;src=hash">#Chiefs</a>. Negotiations with Alex Smith aren’t progressing well. Must keep long-term options open</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/statuses/463351444876587008">May 5, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mr_Tomahawk
05-05-2014, 10:27 AM
BRAY

loochy
05-05-2014, 10:29 AM
LMAO @ the meltdown if they can't get a deal done

RealSNR
Alex can go fuck himself

rico
YES!

Sure-Oz
Lol...they'll re-sign him

RealSNR
05-05-2014, 10:30 AM
LMAO @ the meltdown if they can't get a deal done

I'll actually be pretty satisfied if it means we get our own fucking QB in town

loochy
05-05-2014, 10:31 AM
I'll actually be pretty satisfied if it means we get our own fucking QB in town

yeah, but imagine the other half of CP that worships the dude

rico
05-05-2014, 10:32 AM
Is this speculation on Rapoport's part, or do you think he has heard from sources that we are actually considering drafting a QB early?

rico
05-05-2014, 10:33 AM
yeah, but imagine the other half of CP that worships the dude

And half of those people being people who didn't like him until the playoff game.

the Talking Can
05-05-2014, 10:33 AM
they traded 2 seconds for a guy they don't want to pay like a top QB

genious

CaliforniaChief
05-05-2014, 10:35 AM
My guess is that one of the teams ahead of KC in the draft order wants to push teams to trade up to their spot.

It's prime lying time. I just thought the tweet was interesting.

KCUnited
05-05-2014, 10:35 AM
He was probably willing to take a team friendly deal until he read the Fisher to LT and Rishart (sp) Johnson to RG articles.

Fish
05-05-2014, 10:37 AM
Alex Smiff sucks.

Dunerdr
Nothing should be taken serious right now it's all smoke screens.

rico

genious

Maybe they were just THAT desperate to stop the bleeding from the Cassel era, put butts back in the seats and rejuvenate the fan base for a couple years...and the years following with a long-awaited 1st round, long-term, home-grown QB...

RealSNR
Really, given the option of replacing Alex after two seasons in KC and just extending him to a fair deal that doesn't break the bank, I'd like to see us extend him.

But if that motherfucker wants to get overpaid, he can eat a bowl of cum and make sad puppy faces.

He's now on the north side of 30, and he's had a few concussions and a few other surgeries. Plus it's not like he... oh you know... won us a playoff game or anything.

We got him out of that shithole in San Francisco and paired him up with a QB's dream coach. He owes US; we don't owe him shitfuck other than a fair extension that doesn't break the bank for us.

If it's going to come down to an ugly standoff, then I sincerely invite him to go fuck himself. I hope he leaves.

Mr. Laz
05-05-2014, 10:40 AM
Maybe they were just THAT desperate to stop the bleeding from the Cassel era, put butts back in the seats and rejuvenate the fan base for a couple years...and the years following with a long-awaited 1st round, long-term, home-grown QB...
seems like it

Clark Hunt told Reid and Dorsey that they could build the team as they wanted but that they must win last year.

now we are rebuilding

Dragonocho
05-05-2014, 10:42 AM
Damn and the Browns locked up Tyler Thigpen already.

The Franchise
05-05-2014, 10:43 AM
Evan Silva ‏@evansilva 7m

#Chiefs only have 1 pick in Top 85. My bet is they'll use that on an immediate starter rather than a QB, but *threatening* QB can't hurt.

The Franchise
05-05-2014, 10:44 AM
Evan Silva ‏@evansilva 12m

The Alex Smith report reeks of #Chiefs trying to send that player's camp a message.

In58men
05-05-2014, 10:45 AM
BEST NEWS EVER!!!!!!

hometeam
05-05-2014, 10:47 AM
Its because he wants to get paid like a top QB. And chiefs want to pay him like he is who they thought he was. A middle of a road guy who has to have highly paid, highly skilled players around him to make shit happen. If we give him Jay Cutler money (aka stupid money) then we are fucked on money even harder so there is no point. He (his agent) will have to be reasonable :/

Mr. Laz
05-05-2014, 10:48 AM
If negotiations are going really bad we might grab a QB in the 1st.

Draft a QB, trade Smith?

Sure-Oz
05-05-2014, 10:48 AM
@ChrisHansenNFL: #Chiefs plan at QB could look a lot like the #49ers plan when they had Smith.

In58men
05-05-2014, 10:49 AM
Its because he wants to get paid like a top QB. And chiefs want to pay him like he is who they thought he was. A middle of a road guy who has to have highly paid, highly skilled players around him to make shit happen. If we give him Jay Cutler money (aka stupid money) then we are ****ed on money even harder so there is no point. He (his agent) will have to be reasonable :/

Dorsey is probably looking at last seasons schedule and all the injured QB's we played against and said "does he deserve a big contract, lets wait".

Way to go Dorsey.

rico
05-05-2014, 10:49 AM
If they go 1st round QB, I bet it's Murray or Carr....considering the availability of both.

Hammock Parties
05-05-2014, 10:50 AM
We got him out of that shithole in San Francisco and paired him up with a QB's dream coach. He owes US; we don't owe him shitfuck other than a fair extension that doesn't break the bank for us.

If it's going to come down to an ugly standoff, then I sincerely invite him to go fuck himself. I hope he leaves.

http://i.imgur.com/n220KMl.jpg

MotherfuckerJones
05-05-2014, 10:51 AM
Draft one if there's the right QB at 23

In58men
Really, given the option of replacing Alex after two seasons in KC and just extending him to a fair deal that doesn't break the bank, I'd like to see us extend him.

But if that mother****er wants to get overpaid, he can eat a bowl of cum and make sad puppy faces.

He's now on the north side of 30, and he's had a few concussions and a few other surgeries. Plus it's not like he... oh you know... won us a playoff game or anything.

We got him out of that shithole in San Francisco and paired him up with a QB's dream coach. He owes US; we don't owe him shit**** other than a fair extension that doesn't break the bank for us.

If it's going to come down to an ugly standoff, then I sincerely invite him to go **** himself. I hope he leaves.

Well you know I am going to agree with this.

Mr. Laz
If they go 1st round QB, I bet it's Murray or Carr....considering the availability of both.

If they want Murray then they trade down out of the 1st.

Hearing rumors that Carr might be the 2nd QB taken.

RealSNR
05-05-2014, 10:53 AM

I'd rather have Murray.

I see no reason why the clapping fuckface won't end up exactly like his brother in the NFL.

In58men
05-05-2014, 10:54 AM
I'd rather have Murray.

I see no reason why the clapping ****face won't end up exactly like his brother in the NFL.

That's too high for Murray IMO.

Sure-Oz
05-05-2014, 10:54 AM
@ChrisHansenNFL: #Chiefs clearly want someone to trade ahead of them for a QB so someone falls. Classic smoke.

rico
05-05-2014, 10:55 AM
@ChrisHansenNFL: #Chiefs plan at QB could look a lot like the #49ers plan when they had Smith.

https://forums.oneplus.net/attachments/borat-jpg.6363/

Chief Roundup
05-05-2014, 10:57 AM

Murray would be a huge reach. Now in the 3rd...

philfree
05-05-2014, 11:00 AM
Wouldn't it be a huge reach to pick Murray in the 1st round?

Tom Condom is Smith's agent and living in KC and having played for KC always seems to want to put the screws to the Chiefs so I expect this to drag out.

rico
05-05-2014, 11:00 AM
I'd rather have Murray.

I see no reason why the clapping ****face won't end up exactly like his brother in the NFL.

Oh, I agree. That's been the feeling I've had about him since I first learned David Carr had a brother....I just seem to keep hearing/reading that the Chiefs have been heavily linked to him.

I know Murray is projected to be a mid-round guy, but I would be ecstatic if we took him with our first pick and we let him sit and learn behind Smiff for a year, while we go into developmental mode and HOPEFULLY have a successful 2015 draft.

rico
05-05-2014, 11:03 AM
Would it be a huge reach selecting Murray in the first round had he not torn his ACL? Until that point, the dude seemed to be a staple in the 1st round in 2014 mocks.

RealSNR
05-05-2014, 11:04 AM
THE MOTHERFUCKER CLAPS FOR THE DAMN BALL

WHAT IN THE GODDAMN FUCK

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MFtuTb9OYZI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

loochy
05-05-2014, 11:04 AM
Would it be a huge reach selecting Murray in the first round had he not torn his ACL? Until that point, the dude seemed to be a staple in the 1st round in 2014 mocks.

id take an ACLd QB over a concussed QB

rico
05-05-2014, 11:07 AM
IF Carr was available and we selected him, I bet Smiff would begin to hate the entire Carr family, considering he tripped over his dick so badly vs. the Eagles in 2010 to the point where the 49ers fans began chanting, "WE WANT CARR! WE WANT CARR! WE WANT CARR!" (For those who don't know, David Carr was his backup in 2010).

The Franchise
05-05-2014, 11:07 AM
Murray in the 3rd? Fine. Murray in the 1st? Fuck that.

rico
05-05-2014, 11:08 AM
THE MOTHER****ER CLAPS FOR THE DAMN BALL

WHAT IN THE GODDAMN ****

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MFtuTb9OYZI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ROFL

loochy
05-05-2014, 11:09 AM
THE MOTHERFUCKER CLAPS FOR THE DAMN BALL

WHAT IN THE GODDAMN FUCK

meh

some stomp their foot, some say "omaha" a bunch of times, some clap

:shrug:

RealSNR
05-05-2014, 11:11 AM
meh

some stomp their foot, some say "omaha" a bunch of times, some clap

:shrug:

Yeah, some clap for the ball.

High school QBs and Derek Carr. That's it.

That shit is annoying.

The Franchise
05-05-2014, 11:11 AM
I can't wait to watch this fan base freak out if we don't sign Smith and then draft a QB at 23.

rico
05-05-2014, 11:13 AM
id take an ACLd QB over a concussed QB

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110317044305/beavisandbutthead/images/4/49/Beavis_uh-huh.jpg

"Hee-hee-hee-hee! Me too. Hee-hee-hee-hee!"

Eleazar
05-05-2014, 11:14 AM
I think we should extend him for 3 years or so. I don't know about the dollars, but fair market for a top 3rd of the league QB won't be cheap.

I hope we extend him AND we draft a QB. Of course it would be irritating to hear Smith detractors turn into pimps for this other QB no matter who he is, but it would be good for the franchise I think.

rico
05-05-2014, 11:16 AM
I can't wait to watch this fan base freak out if we don't sign Smith and then draft a QB at 23.

What side would you be on? The pro-Smith or the "finally, we drafted a 1st round QB for the first time since 1983" side? Well...I'm guessing it probably depends on the QB selected.

BigBeauford
05-05-2014, 11:17 AM
This isn't true! Alex Smith just wanted a place where he could be the guy and loved by the fan base. I know he would definitely do a team friendly deal! /Alex Smith nuthuggers

RealSNR
05-05-2014, 11:20 AM
I think we should extend him for 3 years or so. I don't know about the dollars, but fair market for a top 3rd of the league QB won't be cheap.

I hope we extend him AND we draft a QB. Of course it would be irritating to hear Smith detractors turn into pimps for this other QB no matter who he is, but it would be good for the franchise I think.

Sweet. Now I'm back into full Smith hate mode.

Go first round QB!

rico
05-05-2014, 11:23 AM
Sweet. Now I'm back into full Smith hate mode.

Go first round QB!

http://endlesspicdump.com/original/the%20don%20cheering.gif

The Franchise
05-05-2014, 11:24 AM
What side would you be on? The pro-Smith or the "finally, we drafted a 1st round QB for the first time since 1983" side? Well...I'm guessing it probably depends on the QB selected.

It depends. On one hand I'm pissed that we traded two 2nd round picks for 2 years of a QB who didn't win us shit. On the other hand....we finally drafted a QB of our own (depending on said QB). Bridgewater at #23? Sign me up.

Mr_Tomahawk
05-05-2014, 11:26 AM
We aren't drafting a QB in the 1st after we just have up two 2nds for a one.

Jesus people.

saphojunkie
05-05-2014, 11:30 AM

genious

What exactly do you think the cost is for a 20 mil a year QB? Because it's a fuckton more than 2 second rounders.

keg in kc
05-05-2014, 11:32 AM

geniousI think I made an association a few years ago about how quarterbacks are like watches. The Chiefs want a Rolex in the worst way but they refuse to pay more than the cost of a Timex. And then they wonder why it never works out.

The strangest thing of all is how much more they value up-front money than draft picks, at least when it comes to throwing them away as a whim in trade. Or for linemen.

Eleazar
05-05-2014, 11:33 AM
What exactly do you think the cost is for a 20 mil a year QB? Because it's a ****ton more than 2 second rounders.

Clark has plenty of money. He doesn't have plenty of draft picks.

Predarat
05-05-2014, 11:35 AM
He wants Peyton Manning money when he is more of a Trent Dilfer +

The Franchise
05-05-2014, 11:36 AM
At least Daniel would be gone if we did.

keg in kc
05-05-2014, 11:36 AM
Oh, and I'm shocked! Shocked I tell you that they'd negotiate through the media!

Although I did expect more progress than this. I have a hunch they're trying to go well under market. We'll see what Condon's response to this is.

rico
05-05-2014, 11:37 AM
At least Daniel would be gone if we did.

OMG, this.

Mr. Laz
We aren't drafting a QB in the 1st after we just have up two 2nds for a one.

Jesus people.

so they will give Alex Smith whatever he wants?

BlackHelicopters
No way we draft a QB in the first

The Franchise
05-05-2014, 11:40 AM
Awesome scenario.

Draft a QB at #23.
Flip Smith to a team on draft day for a 2nd round pick. Say the Browns for their 2nd....which allows them to go WR and defense with their two 1st round picks.

I'll stop dreaming now.

Mr_Tomahawk
05-05-2014, 11:41 AM

I dont think Alex is THAT guy...I think he knows what he's worth. He isn't going to ask to be the highest paid QB in the league.

He has a year left on his current deal, and then we can franchise him the following season. He knows that, and knows he came off one of his better seasons and that if the doesnt take the money now, he risks injury or a drop in his performance which would be reflected in any other contract offered down the road by us, or any other team.

Alex Smith does not have the leverage in this scenario.

We aren't drafting a QB in the first. Guranteed.

rico
05-05-2014, 11:41 AM

Especially when we are presumably going to have to be throwing a bunch of money to extend Houston, Berry, Poe, etc. in the near to semi-near future...

Marcellus
05-05-2014, 11:44 AM
I bet this whole thing was made up just to see the reaction on CP for the next 4 days.

keg in kc
05-05-2014, 11:44 AM
Awesome scenario.

Draft a QB at #23.
Flip Smith to a team on draft day for a 2nd round pick.

I'll stop dreaming now.Yeah, a 2nd round pick for one year of Smith. There isn't another us out there dumb enough to do that.

R8RFAN
05-05-2014, 11:45 AM
Smiff knows the Cheaps are Cheap

Just Passin' By
05-05-2014, 11:45 AM
Days before the draft, a team hints it might take one of the 'falling' QBs in round one. It's almost as if the Chiefs are playing the same games that most of the other 31 teams do. :hmmm:

rico
05-05-2014, 11:46 AM
Yeah, a 2nd round pick for one year of Smith. There isn't another us out there dumb enough to do that.

Well... the Browns...maybe?

SeeingRed
05-05-2014, 11:49 AM
Awesome scenario.

Draft a QB at #23.
Flip Smith to a team on draft day for a 2nd round pick. Say the Browns for their 2nd....which allows them to go WR and defense with their two 1st round picks.

I'll stop dreaming now.

Hmmm, ok. So then we draft a QB rd 1, a WR rd 2? Not so bad i guess. My issue is that Smith was one of the best players we had last year....and without question. No way this team is a playoff team then.

Lex Luthor
05-05-2014, 11:50 AM

But if that mother****er wants to get overpaid, he can eat a bowl of cum and make sad puppy faces.

We got him out of that shithole in San Francisco and paired him up with a QB's dream coach. He owes US; we don't owe him shit**** other than a fair extension that doesn't break the bank for us.

If it's going to come down to an ugly standoff, then I sincerely invite him to go **** himself. I hope he leaves.

I've always like Alex Smith, and I completely agree with this. If a QB is going to Flacco us, he needs to win a Super Bowl first.

Discuss Thrower
05-05-2014, 11:50 AM
Hmmm, ok. So then we draft a QB rd 1, a WR rd 2? Not so bad i guess. My issue is that Smith was one of the best players we had last year....and without question. No way this team is a playoff team then.

Chances are it isn't a playoff team with Alex this year anyway.

tk13
05-05-2014, 11:52 AM
Since this is the Chiefs, watch us not sign him, then he goes out and plays like the playoff game all next season.

I think they'll get something done, but I don't think people give Dorsey and Reid enough credit. Neither one of them are Pioli. They both are from organizations that would let guys walk. I don't believe they'll treat him like Pioli did Cassel.

R8RFAN
05-05-2014, 11:53 AM
I've always like Alex Smith, and I completely agree with this. If a QB is going to Flacco us, he needs to win a Super Bowl first.

Jesus could not bring a SB to KC as the QB ROFL

ViperVisor
05-05-2014, 11:54 AM
They don't want a contract before the draft.

They want teams to think they could go QB in the 1st.

That means if you want 1 of the QBs you trade ahead of KC. Ipso Facto another player that is not a QB falls into the pool of what is available.

keg in kc
05-05-2014, 11:54 AM
They don't want a contract before the draft.

They want teams to think they could go QB in the 1st.

That means if you want 1 of the QBs you trade ahead of KC. Ipso Facto another player that is not a QB falls into the pool of what is available.Possible.

However, playing it that way may limit KC's own ability to move, which I would assume is something they're considering. Teams jumping over them are teams not trading with them.

loochy
05-05-2014, 11:55 AM

That's because He's closer to a FB than a QB. He got kicked from the Broncos and Jets too.

Just Passin' By
05-05-2014, 11:55 AM

Jesus has a hard time gripping the football, what with the hand injuries and all.

The Franchise
05-05-2014, 11:56 AM
Joe Germano ‏@JoeGerm16 18m

@TerezPaylor - it feels like the chiefs leaked this intentionally so a QB needy team will move up and the chiefs can collect extra picks

Marcellus
Jesus has a hard time gripping the football, what with the hand injuries and all.

Heh.

Lzen
THE MOTHER****ER CLAPS FOR THE DAMN BALL

WHAT IN THE GODDAMN ****

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MFtuTb9OYZI" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Not impressed.

Mr_Tomahawk
05-05-2014, 11:59 AM
Move back and pick up Justin Lawrence...

Mr. Laz
05-05-2014, 12:05 PM
I dont think Alex is THAT guy...I think he knows what he's worth. He isn't going to ask to be the highest paid QB in the league.

He has a year left on his current deal, and then we can franchise him the following season. He knows that, and knows he came off one of his better seasons and that if the doesnt take the money now, he risks injury or a drop in his performance which would be reflected in any other contract offered down the road by us, or any other team.

Alex Smith does not have the leverage in this scenario.

We aren't drafting a QB in the first. Guranteed.
you don't know whether Smith is asking big or not

He absolutely has leverage, we gave the 34 pick of the draft and another 2nd for him.

The.34th.pick....

two 2nd rounders for a guy on the bench .....

we got robbed on that trade so to not have the contract situation work out now would be disastrous. The Chiefs have to sign him or trade him for similar value or they look like shit. Alex Smith's agent knows this.

Predarat
05-05-2014, 12:06 PM
Stop cock blocking, @TerezPaylor!

Mr_Tomahawk
05-05-2014, 12:07 PM
you don't know whether Smith is asking big or not

He absolutely has leverage, we gave the 34 pick of the draft and another 2nd for him.

The.34th.pick....

two 2nd rounders for a guy on the bench .....

we got robbed on that trade so to not have the contract situation work out now would be disastrous. The Chiefs have to sign him or trade him for similar value or they look like shit. Alex Smith's agent knows this.

Why do we HAVE to sign him...? We have him under his current contract for another year. He could shit the bed next year.... We don't HAVE to do anything with him this year.

He can take what we are offering...or risk shitting the bed.

The Franchise
05-05-2014, 12:08 PM
Why do we HAVE to sign him...? We have him under his current contract for another year. He could shit the bed next year.... We don't HAVE to do anything with him this year.

This.

Mr. Laz
05-05-2014, 12:08 PM

Yes, we can wait until next year but that doesn't change anything about what i said. It just delays it a year.

keg in kc
05-05-2014, 12:10 PM
you don't know whether Smith is asking big or notWhat we know is that Smith isn't involved at all, he's leaving it up to his agent. Who just happens to be Tom Condon. And I think we all understand what his history is when it comes to 'asking big or not'. Now maybe this one isn't playing out that way, anything's possible. But the fact the thing has stalled might indicate otherwise.

Mr_Tomahawk
05-05-2014, 12:10 PM
Yes, we can wait until next year but that doesn't change anything about what i said. It just delays it a year.

It changes everything you just said. We dont HAVE to sign him this year.

RealSNR
05-05-2014, 12:13 PM

He also doesn't work on Sundays

Mr. Laz
05-05-2014, 12:15 PM
It changes everything you just said. We dont HAVE to sign him this year.

it only changes something if Alex Smith has a bad year

either way we have problems

Alex Smith looks bad and the Chiefs look like shit for trading for him

or

Alex Smith looks good and he has the Chief by the nutsack in negotiations

franchise tag $ for QBs is 16 million per this year

RealSNR
05-05-2014, 12:15 PM
Since this is the Chiefs, watch us not sign him, then he goes out and plays like the playoff game all next season.

I think they'll get something done, but I don't think people give Dorsey and Reid enough credit. Neither one of them are Pioli. They both are from organizations that would let guys walk. I don't believe they'll treat him like Pioli did Cassel.

They're already not treating him like Cassel. They didn't immediately extend him before he played one regular season snap with the team.

Mr_Tomahawk
05-05-2014, 12:17 PM

or

franchise tag $ for QBs is 16 million per this year

I either of your scenarios...

We have the leverage RIGHT NOW.

Mr. Laz
05-05-2014, 12:18 PM
I either of your scenarios...

We have the leverage RIGHT NOW.

not really

we only have leverage if Smith think he is going to shit the bed next year

DaWolf
05-05-2014, 12:23 PM
Dorsey sure likes to bitch about agent-related things to Rapoport a lot...

BossChief
05-05-2014, 12:23 PM
Tony Romo
Matt Stafford
Peyton Manning
Eli manning
Drew Brees
Matt Ryan
Jay Cutler

Those are some of the quarterbacks Tom Condon represents.

Basically the list of the highest paid nfl quarterbacks in the nfl.

RealSNR
05-05-2014, 12:26 PM
Tony Romo
Matt Stafford
Peyton Manning
Eli manning
Drew Brees
Matt Ryan
Jay Cutler

Those are some of the quarterbacks Tom Condon represents.

Basically the list of the highest paid nfl quarterbacks in the nfl.

Welcome to Cleveland, Alex

BossChief
05-05-2014, 12:26 PM

@TerezPaylor - it feels like the chiefs leaked this intentionally so a QB needy team will move up and the chiefs can collect extra picks
That doesn't make sense.

or

franchise tag $ for QBs is 16 million per this yearstill better than paying him more than that per year on average in a new deal.

not really

You should check out our schedule

RealSNR
05-05-2014, 12:27 PM
Before the era of the $100 million QB, Trent Green got paid pretty handsomely thanks to Condon.

Mr. Laz
05-05-2014, 12:31 PM
You should check out our schedule
if Smith is asking for huge money then we might as well wait.

I've been saying just wait since we first traded for him.

but next year is crunch time

Eleazar
05-05-2014, 12:31 PM
It could be a smokescreen.

However, it would be WAY more Chiefs-like to go into the draft without an Alex Smith extension being done, see no QB they want fall down to them, and pass - thus turning all the leverage back over to Smith.

Mr. Laz
05-05-2014, 12:32 PM
It could be a smokescreen.

However, it would be WAY more Chiefs-like to go into the draft without an Alex Smith extension being done, see no QB they want fall down to them, and pass - thus turning all the leverage back over to Smith.

this has the potential to go very,very badly

DaWolf
05-05-2014, 12:35 PM
That Cutler contract really screwed us over in regards to QB numbers...

keg in kc
05-05-2014, 12:38 PM

but next year is crunch timeThey can hem and haw all they want but the reality is that they painted themselves into a corner the second(s) they traded for him last year. Failing to extend him for any reason (including drafting someone at 23) instantly turns it into one of the worst high-profile trades on record.

Beyond that, I'm not sure it's even worth getting into a discussion about the possibility of him playing poorly enough in 2014 to make his price tag cheaper. That's a scenario that can't really be seen as a positive from any conceivable angle. Congratulations, you traded a pair of 2nds for a bad QB who you can now afford to pay for another 4 or 5 years of mediocre play? How is that any kind of a win?

RunKC
05-05-2014, 12:39 PM
People can't see the signs? It's the week of the draft. This kinda stuff always comes out. It could mean several things.

This could be a message to one of the teams looking to trade up to get the QB telling them we aren't afraid to take one unless they offer us something.

Having said that, if this is true, I can see Derek Carr being the pick if he's there.

rico
05-05-2014, 12:40 PM
Not giving Smith an extension would give him incentive to play his ass of next year for a big, lucrative contract...whether it be with the Chiefs or whoever. If he doesn't get extended and does, in fact play his ass off, that would justify what we would have to pay him via franchise tag.

BigMeatballDave
05-05-2014, 12:40 PM
I like Alex, but if Condon is asking for the moon, I'd definitely take a QB and let him walk next year.

Chiefnj2
05-05-2014, 12:42 PM
Cassel, thigpen and VY are all still getting interest in the NFL. Someone is going to pay Smith. It might as well be the team that gave up two 2nds for him and whose system fits him perfectly. Andy Reid likes a conservative offense that spreads it around. Get visions of a gunslinger to Megatron out of your head.

rico
05-05-2014, 12:47 PM
That Cutler contract really screwed us over in regards to QB numbers...

Hopefully Dorsey is the GM that steps up to Condon all like:

http://www.cinemablend.com/images/sections/6548/twisted_sister_6548.jpg

"We're not gonna take it, anymore!!!!"

And breaks this stupid "overpaying expendable QB's" trend.

KC native
05-05-2014, 12:50 PM
If Alex leaves, does that mean the 49er fans will leave too?

If so, GTFO ALEX!

rico
05-05-2014, 12:53 PM
If Alex leaves, does that mean the 49er fans will leave too?

If so, GTFO ALEX!

ROFL

rico
05-05-2014, 12:56 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GZFyx-Dbwg8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BossChief
05-05-2014, 12:56 PM
Geno Smith looked pretty good closing out the year 3-1 and with the second highest QBR in the nfl during that span.

I'm just saying.

It sure would be nice to have a quarterback with the physical tools and a year in the system...as well as our second round pick back...

TEX
05-05-2014, 12:59 PM
I like Alex, but if Condon is asking for the moon, I'd definitely take a QB and let him walk next year.

I agree, but it just sucks that the Chiefs arent gonna build on last season and would have wasted 2 seasons and two #2's on Alex. Condon is a tough agent.

TEX
05-05-2014, 01:02 PM
Geno Smith looked pretty good closing out the year 3-1 and with the second highest QBR in the nfl during that span.

I'm just saying.

It sure would be nice to have a quarterback with the physical tools and a year in the system...as well as our second round pick back...

So good that the Jets signed Vick and are thinking about going QB this year too in later rounds...:hmmm: Id stay as far away from Geno Smith as possible. Just my opinion though.

TEX
05-05-2014, 01:04 PM
People can't see the signs? It's the week of the draft. This kinda stuff always comes out. It could mean several things.

This could be a message to one of the teams looking to trade up to get the QB telling them we aren't afraid to take one unless they offer us something.

Having said that, if this is true, I can see Derek Carr being the pick if he's there.

Yep. But Carr is as dumb as they come. Dude scored a 20 on the Wonderlic and dont know how he even managed that.

jd1020
05-05-2014, 01:16 PM
Yep. But Carr is as dumb as they come. Dude scored a 20 on the Wonderlic and dont know how he even managed that.

Who the **** uses the Wonderlic as a source for picking a winner?

Dan Marino scored a 15.

Peyton Manning scored a 28.

Blaine Gabbert scored a 42.

BossChief
05-05-2014, 01:17 PM

but next year is crunch time
If he performs well against the schedule we face in 2014, give him big money.

He will have earned it.
So good that the Jets signed Vick and are thinking about going QB this year too in later rounds...:hmmm: Id stay as far away from Geno Smith as possible. Just my opinion though.
Vick was told "this is Genos team"

Jimmya
05-05-2014, 01:26 PM
I agree, let's see what he does this season.

In58men
05-05-2014, 01:28 PM
I'd rather have Geno than Alexis

Cmd'r&Chief
05-05-2014, 01:34 PM

genious

Genius

RealSNR
05-05-2014, 01:34 PM
I'd rather have Alecxih than Alex

Cmd'r&Chief
05-05-2014, 01:35 PM
I'd rather have Geno than Alexis

You're crazy. Geno is a no go

The Franchise
05-05-2014, 01:36 PM
You're crazy. Geno is a no go

So Eric Fisher is a bust then.....right?

Titty Meat
05-05-2014, 01:40 PM

Eric Fisher was one of the worst first overall picks ever. If they draft a QB he better be good or Dorsey secures a hot seat. Between the terrible contracts given out and drafting Fisher I havent been impressed with the guy.

Cmd'r&Chief
05-05-2014, 01:40 PM

I feel the 2 are only comparable if Geno was also playing at a different position then was used to, with multiple injuries.

BigMeatballDave
05-05-2014, 01:42 PM

genious

What just a minute.

So, if they don't pay him, they're stupid.

If they pay him like a top 10 QB, they are also stupid?

A bit of a conundrum.

I just think people like to complain.

KC native
05-05-2014, 01:42 PM
I feel the 2 are only comparable if Geno was also playing at a different position then was used to, with multiple injuries.

ROFL Holy fucking shit. Someone actually typed this.

Titty Meat
05-05-2014, 01:43 PM
What just a minute.

A bit of a conundrum.

When is it ever a good idea to trade two 2nds for a rental?

The Franchise
05-05-2014, 01:44 PM

Eric Fisher can do no wrong......gotcha.

the Talking Can
05-05-2014, 01:46 PM
What just a minute.

A bit of a conundrum.

huh?

you don't trade 2 seconds for a QB you aren't prepared to pay for...the idea that we have leverage is hilarious, all we have is a sunk cost

BigMeatballDave
05-05-2014, 01:47 PM
Eric Fisher was one of the worst first overall picks ever.

Original.

This has never been posted on the Planet. Ever.

Cmd'r&Chief
05-05-2014, 01:48 PM
ROFL Holy fucking shit. Someone actually typed this.

What's your point? Are you saying we should ignore the fact that Fisher played a different position and had various injuries?

RealSNR
What just a minute.

A bit of a conundrum.

That's the problem inherent in paying so high of a price for a near 30-year old QB.

The trial period for evaluation isn't long enough, and the money you pay for a new contract is almost always going to be too high.

Titty Meat
Original.

This has never been posted on the Planet. Ever.

Are you here to discuss football or bitch about peoples post?

HemiEd

This thread is comedy gold. People are actually talking like there is a chance the Chiefs would spend a first on a QB!ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Do you really think there is one single NFL GM that thinks the Chiefs would take a QB in the first? A single NFL owner? ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Cmd'r&Chief
05-05-2014, 01:49 PM
Eric Fisher can do no wrong......gotcha.

Did I run over your dog, or do you have a hard-on for Geno? Gay 4 Bray or gtfo.

the Talking Can
05-05-2014, 01:49 PM

i feel a hammer repeatedly struck you in the head

the #1 pick in the draft was a worthless, injured piece of shit last year

a QB drafted in the 2nd round won 8 games

ergo, Fisher was the smart, safe play - chiefs fans

The Franchise
05-05-2014, 01:50 PM
This thread is comedy gold. People are actually talking like there is a chance the Chiefs would spend a first on a QB!ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Do you really think there is one single NFL GM that thinks the Chiefs would take a QB in the first? A single NFL owner? ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Our QBs are Alex Smith (with 1 year left on his deal and negotiations not progressing), Chase Daniel (who is overpaid) and Tyler Bray (an UDFA). Why wouldn't we?

The Franchise
05-05-2014, 01:51 PM
Did I run over your dog, or do you have a hard-on for Geno? Gay 4 Bray or gtfo.

Yeah....let's not draft a QB because we signed an UDFA.

RealSNR
05-05-2014, 01:52 PM
What's your point? Are you saying we should ignore the fact that Fisher played a different position and had various injuries?

1. The different position garbage is bullshit. Dudes switch sides all the time and make it work better than Fisher did. Hell, look at Donald Stephenson, who has had to play RT or LT at the drop of a hat for the past 2 seasons. He seems to make it work a lot better than Fisher has.

2. You're ignoring that one player is a QB and the other is an offensive lineman. There's a LIIIIIITTLE bit of a difference between the two in terms of difficulty and the success rate among rookies.

HemiEd
05-05-2014, 01:53 PM
Our QBs are Alex Smith (with 1 year left on his deal and negotiations not progressing), Chase Daniel (who is overpaid) and Tyler Bray (an UDFA). Why wouldn't we?

We are the Chiefs and we don't spend 1st round picks on QBs, we trade for other teams rejects. We failed at the best QB draft class ever, 1983 and we haven't tried in the 31 years since. It is too risky.

RealSNR
05-05-2014, 01:54 PM

We wouldn't because the Chiefs will never draft a QB in the first round.

We SHOULD, but we won't.

Cmd'r&Chief
05-05-2014, 01:54 PM
i feel a hammer repeatedly struck you in the head

the #1 pick in the draft was a worthless, injured piece of shit last year

a QB drafted in the 2nd round won 8 games

ergo, Fisher was the smart, safe play - chiefs fans

So you would be happier if we spent our first round pick on a QB who only barely has a 50% success rate?

We would be stuck with Geno for a minimum of 3 years too. Because you have to "allow him to develop".

Geno was selected where he was deserving, he's lucky he wasn't a 3rd round pick really.

The QB class sucked last year, get over it. Quit trying to make a diamond out of dried up dog shit.

BigMeatballDave
05-05-2014, 01:55 PM
Are you here to discuss football or bitch about peoples post?

You are parroting what others have said a 1000 times.

The Fisher pick sucks. Earthshattering.

If a shrink spent any amount of time here, he'd have most of us committed.

HemiEd
05-05-2014, 01:55 PM
We wouldn't because the Chiefs will never draft a QB in the first round.

We SHOULD, but we won't.

Exactly, and it sucks but the proof is in the evidence.

Cmd'r&Chief
05-05-2014, 02:00 PM
Yeah....let's not draft a QB because we signed an UDFA.

When the Fuck did I say we shouldn't draft a QB this year?

RealSNR
05-05-2014, 02:00 PM
So you would be happier if we spent our first round pick on a QB who only barely has a 50% success rate?

We would be stuck with Geno for a minimum of 3 years too. Because you have to "allow him to develop".

Geno was selected where he was deserving, he's lucky he wasn't a 3rd round pick really.

The QB class sucked last year, get over it. Quit trying to make a diamond out of dried up dog shit.

That's the point. We're running out on Alex's contract. He needs a new one. Apparently Condon is being a stupid whore and wants way too much money. The Chiefs value the futures of Eric Berry, Justin Houston, and Dontari Poe on this team more than they do Alex Smith. And they should. Alex getting a Cutler contract outright prevents us from keeping all three of those players, and it likely will only allow us to keep one, if that.

Geno taking this team to 8-8 would have been the huge improvement we were looking for, and we wouldn't be in this position right now with contract negotiations.

The Chiefs can still come out of this smelling like roses if Alex doesn't take a step back this year and they manage to get him extended for the right price. If they don't, then the problem goes back to the decision to trade for him in the first place, particularly regarding the pricetag that the Niners wanted for him

Cmd'r&Chief
05-05-2014, 02:04 PM
That's the point. We're running out on Alex's contract. He needs a new one. Apparently Condon is being a stupid whore and wants way too much money. The Chiefs value the futures of Eric Berry, Justin Houston, and Dontari Poe on this team more than they do Alex Smith. And they should. Alex getting a Cutler contract outright prevents us from keeping all three of those players, and it likely will only allow us to keep one, if that.

Geno taking this team to 8-8 would have been the huge improvement we were looking for, and we wouldn't be in this position right now with contract negotiations.

If we had drafted "he's only half bad 'Geno Smith", would we be able to consider a QB in this year's draft? No go on Geno.

If Alex Smith is asking for a ridiculous deal, let his dumb ass walk.

In58men
05-05-2014, 02:06 PM
@getnickwright: Random #Chiefs take: If Bridgewater is available, and KC doesn't take him, and instead signs Alex Smith to an extension, I might give up.

Titty Meat
05-05-2014, 02:08 PM
@getnickwright: Random #Chiefs take: If Bridgewater is available, and KC doesn't take him, and instead signs Alex Smith to an extension, I might give up.

Good.

HemiEd
05-05-2014, 02:10 PM

The Chiefs can still come out of this smelling like roses if Alex doesn't take a step back this year and they manage to get him extended for the right price. If they don't, then the problem goes back to the decision to trade for him in the first place, particularly regarding the pricetag that the Niners wanted for him
Didn't Carl Peterson used to at least consider who a player's agent was prior to making a deal?
Everyone knows Condons reputation, especially with the Chiefs.

WhawhaWhat
05-05-2014, 02:10 PM

That's like saying If Nick Wright came back to KC, I am going to smash my radio. Just because he's there doesn't mean there aren't other options available.

CoMoChief
05-05-2014, 02:23 PM
Aaron Murray 3rd rd.

Bank on it.

Dayze
05-05-2014, 02:25 PM
we have as much chance of taking a QB in the 1st as i do becoming a vegetarian.

The Franchise
05-05-2014, 02:29 PM
Appearing on ESPN's*NFL Insiders*Monday, Chris Mortensen called Fresno State QB Derek Carr "a name you hear affiliated" with the Chiefs.

It comes on the heels of NFL Network's report that the Chiefs will consider a quarterback at No. 23. Mort hinted the Chiefs could be eyeing someone like Carr in a trade down, perhaps to the second round. It's possible this is just a leverage play from the Chiefs in the Alex Smith talks, but Andy Reid has often had a second- or third-round quarterback to develop. It would be sensible behind Smith in Kansas City.

OldSchool
05-05-2014, 02:38 PM
Lol, welcome to a 4-12 season in 2015 if this happens.

Mr_Tomahawk
05-05-2014, 02:40 PM
I am fine with Carr.

I think people associate him too much with his brother. He is as different from his brother as Aaron Rodgers is from Jordan...

Next to Logan Thomas, he has one of the biggest arms in this draft...

The Franchise
05-05-2014, 02:52 PM
I am fine with Carr.

I think people associate him too much with his brother. He is as different from his brother as Aaron Rodgers is from Jordan...

Next to Logan Thomas, he has one of the biggest arms in this draft...

What happens if we draft Carr and then they bring in David Carr to be the #3 and Bray is cut?

Mr_Tomahawk
05-05-2014, 02:54 PM
What happens if we draft Carr and then they bring in David Carr to be the #3 and Bray is cut?

Naw...we get rid of butt-chin's silly contract and Tomahawk loves our QB depth.

Discuss Thrower
05-05-2014, 02:57 PM
http://i.imgur.com/MbLTDsL.png

RealSNR
05-05-2014, 02:57 PM

Seriously? :spock:

We draft a QB this year and let Alex walk after 2014. Said rookie has had a year on the bench and takes over. Andy Reid is his coach, and he's got Jamaal Charles.

That = 4-12?

I like Alex Smith too, but you're drastically overselling his importance to this team.

Fish
05-05-2014, 03:03 PM

Drafting QBs is scary! WHAT IF WE LOSE GAMES??

KC native
05-05-2014, 03:05 PM
I like Alex Smith too, but you're drastically overselling his importance to this team.

No. Alex Smith is Jesus's step brother. He is our savior, our messiah, OUR MORMON.

RunKC
05-05-2014, 03:08 PM
If we got Derek Carr in a trade down and accumulated more picks that's a fucking win

MotherfuckerJones
05-05-2014, 03:09 PM
Smiff knows the Cheaps are Cheap

Keep signing over the hill veterans as always

The Franchise
If we got Derek Carr in a trade down and accumulated more picks that's a fucking win

Yeah...but in what scenario is that going to happen?

hometeam
Jamaal Charles makes any QB better. A lot better. Smith is replaceable, you people act like a middle of the road guy cant be replaced? And he has only been middle of the road for the past couple of years, before that he has shown propensity for injury and suckage.

Let him go if he wont re-sign at a middle of the road contract. Condon 'set the market' with Cutler for way too much for a pedestrian QB. Lets not get fleeced like Chicago.

Discuss Thrower
05-05-2014, 03:10 PM

Thing is I don't think a trade down is possible unless KC is willing to get hosed in value.

Giving up 1.23 for anything less than a 2.1 - 2.16 and a 2.23 - 3.10 isn't worth it IMHO.

MotherfuckerJones
05-05-2014, 03:13 PM
This is just smokescreen shit. It's the chiefs. They'll bend over for Smith. Pass on a QB like always

The Franchise
05-05-2014, 03:14 PM
Thing is I don't think a trade down is possible unless KC is willing to get hosed in value.

Giving up 1.23 for anything less than a 2.1 - 2.16 and a 2.23 - 3.10 isn't worth it IMHO.

I'm not seeing a scenario in which we would be able to trade down AND still draft Carr.

Chief Roundup
05-05-2014, 03:18 PM

Bye

BeeHo
05-05-2014, 03:21 PM
trade him up while he's cheap!

rico
05-05-2014, 03:22 PM
Derek Carr says teams tell him they’d like to pick him in the 20s

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 4, 2014, 7:47 PM EDT

Former Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr says teams are telling him they’d like to draft him somewhere with a pick in the 20s on Thursday night.

One team with a pick in the 20s in this year’s draft, Cleveland at No. 26, is reportedly interested in Carr. But the team that picks Carr might be a team that trades into the pick: According to John Clayton of ESPN, Carr says four or five teams have told him they would like to trade into the 20s to draft him.

It wouldn’t be surprising to see a team with a high second-round pick trade up into the 20s to take Carr there. The new Collective Bargaining Agreement makes drafting a player in the late first round preferable to the early second round in one key respect: First-round picks have fifth-year options on their contracts, whereas second-round picks become free agents after four years. That means that if Carr develops into a franchise quarterback, the team that drafts him gets an extra year before having to break the bank to lock him up with a long-term extension. (With Colin Kaepernick wanting $18 million a year or more on his next deal, San Francisco may wish it had traded up and taken him late in the first round of the 2011 NFL draft, instead of trading up to take him early in the second, so that it would have a fifth-year option on his rookie deal.)

Carr’s stock seems to be rising as the draft approaches, and there’s now a lot of talk that he’ll be drafted higher than former Louisville quarterback Teddy Bridgewater. There’s a good chance that after Johnny Manziel and Blake Bortles, Carr will be the third quarterback off the board, perhaps in the late first round.

Chief Roundup
05-05-2014, 03:25 PM

Wow lets not get ridiculous with our demands or anything. You must not want to trade down with thinking that pick has that kind of value.

According to the chart the 1.23 is worth less in points than the 2.1 and 3.10. So thinking that you can get both of those other 2cds is not likely. Maybe if you drop the 3rd rounder they might give a little extra and give the 2.23, but there is going to have to be a particular player that team wants.

saphojunkie
05-05-2014, 03:29 PM
If we re-sign Smith, it will be Aaron Murray in the 4th.

If we don't... welcome to Kansas City, Jimmy Garoppolo.

The Franchise
05-05-2014, 03:30 PM
Our best bet is someone like the Vikings or Jaguars wanting to trade back into the 1st to get him.

suzzer99
05-05-2014, 03:31 PM
This has to be just posturing. This is a dream job for Smith. He'd be a moron to start all over somewhere.

Discuss Thrower
05-05-2014, 03:32 PM
Wow lets not get ridiculous with our demands or anything. You must not want to trade down with thinking that pick has that kind of value.

According to the chart the 1.23 is worth less in points than the 2.1 and 3.10. So thinking that you can get both of those other 2cds is not likely. Maybe if you drop the 3rd rounder they might give a little extra and give the 2.23, but there is going to have to be a particular player that team wants.

I think you can disregard the draft chart with the depth this class has. You can semantically conceptualize it anyway you want, but I think that this year the quality of players available gives the early second round slots first round value.

Chief Roundup
05-05-2014, 03:37 PM
I think you can disregard the draft chart with the depth this class has. You can semantically conceptualize it anyway you want, but I think that this year the quality of players available gives the early second round slots first round value.

So then you think the difference between the quality of players will be minimal but want compensation as if there was a huge drop off.

saphojunkie
05-05-2014, 03:40 PM

That's exactly the point. No one is giving up that much value for the #23 pick.

OnTheWarpath15
05-05-2014, 03:44 PM

The QB needy team in this scenario would be looking to get AHEAD of the Chiefs, not trade WITH them.

This Paylor guy is a dumbass.

OnTheWarpath15
05-05-2014, 03:51 PM
Our best bet is someone like the Vikings or Jaguars wanting to trade back into the 1st to get him.

According to Jason LaConfora, the Rams and Vikings have discussed a Sam Bradford trade.

TEX
05-05-2014, 03:59 PM

Yep. I heard dome draft talking head today say its about 40 deep with 1st round level talent compared to 25 or so last year.

TEX
05-05-2014, 04:06 PM

Why? Bridgewater is the LAST one of the so-called better QB's Id want.

saphojunkie
05-05-2014, 04:06 PM
Why? Bridgewater is the LAST one of the so-called better QB's Id want.

Who is ahead of him for you?

RealSNR
05-05-2014, 04:13 PM
According to Jason LaConfora, the Rams and Vikings have discussed a Sam Bradford trade.

The Vikings re-signed Cassel for 2 years, 10 million. If they're now trying to acquire Bradford, I wonder if Cassel isn't a part of the deal. They are also paying 1.7 million to Ponder. That's a lot of dough to be spending on shitty QBs.

I wonder if Cassel would get traded to the Rams in that proposed deal. Something like the Vikings swap Cassel for Bradford and also throw in a mid-round pick. St. Louis then drafts their QB at #2 and hold an open competition in training camp for the starting job.

Otherwise it just doesn't make much sense for the Vikings to acquire Bradford. They need to draft another QB. They don't need a guy who is barely better than what they have on their roster right now.

RunKC
05-05-2014, 04:20 PM

Agreed. Snag a 3rd and 5th round pick to go along with that early 2nd

KCSLC2008
05-05-2014, 05:14 PM

This is why Smith hasn't signed. He's not stupid. He'll sign a big contract now, a team friendly contract if we don't pick high, and play this year out if we do.

@ChrisHansenNFL: #Chiefs clearly want someone to trade ahead of them for a QB so someone falls. Classic smoke.

Philadelphia wants a WR. Make someone trade with the Eagles, we have another WR option drop to us. Chiefs aren't sending a message they aren't confident in Smith so that they can get a QB. If they did want to, they'd be talking up WRs or say nothing and get their guy.

TEX
05-05-2014, 05:43 PM
Who is ahead of him for you?

Manziel, Bortles, Carr, Geroppolo (sp?) are all ahead of Bridgewater IMO. Not 100% positive Id draft Geroppolo ahead of him but absolutely certain I would the first 3 on this list.

Easy 6
05-05-2014, 06:26 PM
This has to be just posturing. This is a dream job for Smith. He'd be a moron to start all over somewhere.

RealSNR
05-05-2014, 06:36 PM
This is why Smith hasn't signed. He's not stupid. He'll sign a big contract now, a team friendly contract if we don't pick high, and play this year out if we do.

What's to stop Condon from seeing absolutely nothing behind Smith on the depth chart and then saying, "You can have my client for this amount of money or you can have Chase Daniel. Your choice."

saphojunkie
05-05-2014, 06:37 PM
What's to stop Condon from seeing absolutely nothing behind Smith on the depth chart and then saying, "You can have my client for this amount of money or you can have Chase Daniel. Your choice."

"You can start for the Chiefs or play one year and go to the Raiders."

jd1020
05-05-2014, 06:41 PM

Nothing.

Do it Condon! I ****ing triple dog dare you! DO IT!

EDIT: I take that back. Dorsey would probably cave like a bitch. DONT DO IT!

rico
05-05-2014, 07:00 PM

Speaking of Daniel, who is HIS agent???

saphojunkie
05-05-2014, 07:02 PM

Judging by his last contract, I'd say it was Satan himself.

Fat Elvis
05-05-2014, 07:03 PM

Unleash the dragon

baitism
05-05-2014, 07:04 PM
I am indifferent to him. We aren't winning a super bowl with him at QB, so I don't really care if he leaves.

Red Dawg
05-05-2014, 07:05 PM
You'd think he would thrilled to be here and sign a reasonable deal that is team friendly. He would have been sitting his ass on the bench if not for us. I can roll with Bray in year three.

Discuss Thrower
05-05-2014, 07:05 PM

This guy:

rico
05-05-2014, 07:12 PM
Which draft prospects are being represented by Condon this year?

Discuss Thrower
05-05-2014, 07:15 PM
Which draft prospects are being represented by Condon this year?

Haven't figured that out, but he also reps Dontari Poe...

rico
05-05-2014, 07:16 PM
Haven't figured that out, but he also reps Dontari Poe...

:hmmm:

Rausch
05-05-2014, 07:21 PM
You'd think he would thrilled to be here and sign a reasonable deal that is team friendly. He would have been sitting his ass on the bench if not for us. I can roll with Bray in year three.

I'd laugh my ass off if after we all threw a fit with not drafting a QB last year they actually do this year with a better crop of QB's to choose from...:D

saphojunkie
05-05-2014, 07:25 PM
I'd laugh my ass off if after we all threw a fit with not drafting a QB last year they actually do this year with a better crop of QB's to choose from...:D

Then we trade Alex Smith to Jacksonville for two second round picks.

Rausch
05-05-2014, 07:28 PM
Then we trade Alex Smith to Jacksonville for two second round picks.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/272710814/b00f_spl00ge_t200.jpg

ThaVirus
05-05-2014, 07:37 PM
I'm a bit late to the party and I'm not reading through all this bullshit; but if we're talking about trading Smith, I don't see why we couldn't get a 1st for him.

I bet a team like the Browns with a late first that's hard up for solid QB play would definitely pull the trigger.

KCSLC2008
05-05-2014, 09:04 PM

I'm not a big Bray guy, but Bray?

I think Smith will fight for length and guaranteed. The average could be low if the guaranteed is high. Smith was reportedly upset that his last contract took so long, but it turned out to be dragging feet for Manning (same agent as Smith). Agent knew of the interest from SF. They changed the structure of the contract offer after Manning chose Denver.

jd1020
05-05-2014, 09:06 PM
I'm a bit late to the party and I'm not reading through all this bullshit; but if we're talking about trading Smith, I don't see why we couldn't get a 1st for him.

Unfortunately for the Chiefs, they wouldn't gain anything by trading with themselves.

notorious
05-05-2014, 09:07 PM
Won Indy Playoff game = Must have Smith back

Lost Playoff game = Don't give a fuck

Even though he played great, this is what I am thinking now.

Saccopoo
05-05-2014, 09:15 PM

He basically did win that game.

Lost Playoff game = Don't give a ****

Then your boys on the chopping block should be Houston, Hali, Berry, Johnson, Poe, etc., because it was the defense that basically shit the money bed in that game. Our vaunted pass rushing linebackers and All-Pro nose tackle didn't do jack shit against a Colts offensive line that was abused all season. They got their collective asses kicked by a bunch of tomato cans.

You want to not give a shit, then there is where you can start not giving a shit versus the quarterback that basically shouldered the team for the whole game even when the team's best offensive weapon (Charles) went out with injury.

Your thought process needs to be reassessed.

notorious
05-05-2014, 09:19 PM
Offseason. My Give-a-fuck level is at it's lowest point right now.

Ragged Robin
05-05-2014, 09:23 PM
Who cares, he's still under contract. If it doesn't happen this offseason and he plays well then it will happen next season. If he has success this year I highly doubt he would sign anywhere else. It might drive his price up but he wouldn't go anywhere.

ThaVirus
05-05-2014, 09:39 PM
Unfortunately for the Chiefs, they wouldn't gain anything by trading with themselves.

You'd have to imagine another shitty franchise would be willing to drop a late 1st for some stability at the QB position. Maybe next year's first.

Dave Lane
05-05-2014, 09:51 PM
not really

16 million per is less than what Smith wants.

Dave Lane
05-05-2014, 09:52 PM
Offseason. My Give-a-**** level is at it's lowest point right now.

Mine may be negative at the moment.

tk13
05-05-2014, 09:56 PM

Lost Playoff game = Don't give a ****

This is the same kind of thinking as people blaming Trent Green for losing the playoff game against the Colts. If Green and Smith got to play against the Chiefs defense, you wouldn't be making this post.

mcaj22
05-05-2014, 10:04 PM
I mean they have to get at least ONE extension done between Houston and Smith. If they go through the season playing hardball and don't get at least one done and have 2 guys for 1 franchise tag, holy **** I don't want to be the person having to make that decision. And I'd honestly probably tag Houston and let Smith walk.

Deberg_1990
05-05-2014, 10:16 PM
This is the same kind of thinking as people blaming Trent Green for losing the playoff game against the Colts. If Green and Smith got to play against the Chiefs defense, you wouldn't be making this post.

Agreed. Just as an example, Russel Wilson won a playoff game where he was basically horrible the entire game. 9/18 for 108 yards I think?

Team game. there are a ton of intangibles that go into winning a game.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch
05-05-2014, 10:45 PM

Then your boys on the chopping block should be Houston, Hali, Berry, Johnson, Poe, etc., because it was the defense that basically shit the money bed in that game.

The front 7 didn't lose that game.

And right now Houston is our MVP on defense...

SeeingRed
05-05-2014, 10:50 PM
The front 7 didn't lose that game.

And right now Houston is our MVP on defense...

no Johnson is

Rausch
05-05-2014, 10:52 PM
I mean they have to get at least ONE extension done between Houston and Smith.

I don't care if anyone gets an extension done other than Houston.

He is, by far, the most COMPLETE OLB in the NFL.

Bar none.

He's excellent in coverage, rushing the passer, and tackling.

In his pass rush he's not a 1 trick pony like Hali. He's got the strength to emasculate T's and FB's.

He's a fucking clinic on what you need to do to be a successful 3-4 OLB...

Hammock Parties
05-05-2014, 10:53 PM
as usual we're being trolled by our own team during the offseason

OH LOOK DORSEY AND REID ARE PAYING SUCH CLOSE ATTENTION TO GENO

SeeingRed
05-05-2014, 11:01 PM
I don't care if anyone gets an extension done other than Houston.

He is, by far, the most COMPLETE OLB in the NFL.

Bar none.

He's excellent in coverage, rushing the passer, and tackling.

In his pass rush he's not a 1 trick pony like Hali. He's got the strength to emasculate T's and FB's.

He's a ****ing clinic on what you need to do to be a successful 3-4 OLB...

Agreed he is a key piece on this defense...no doubt

RealSNR
05-06-2014, 12:17 AM

That doesn't change the fact that Condon is asking for way too much money for his client. And we honestly shouldn't give it to him.

mcaj22
05-06-2014, 01:14 AM
they're going to paint themselves into a corner if they let both Alex Smith and Justin Houston start the season in contract years. If they both have career years (and they should) then that is a major strike against the FO.

BigMeatballDave
05-06-2014, 02:34 AM
16 million per is less than what Smith wants.

How do you know this? I haven't seen a number.

Mr_Tomahawk
05-06-2014, 07:14 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/kansas-city-chiefs/post/_/id/5502/a-quarterback-for-the-chiefs?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

A quarterback for the Chiefs?

If the Kansas City Chiefs believe a quarterback is the best player available to them when they pick 23rd in the first round of the NFL draft on Thursday, then they should take him. Absolutely. I'm signing on to that idea here and now. It's never a bad idea to draft a quarterback, if the team that selects him truly believes he will eventually become a great one.

It's a horrible idea to draft one for any other reason, even need. This is precisely why it's troubling if the Chiefs are considering selecting a quarterback in the first round, which according to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, they are. Negotiations with starting quarterback Alex Smith on a long-term contract extension aren't going well and, Rapoport says, the Chiefs would consider drafting Smith's replacement because of it.

I'm having trouble getting my arms around this one. One minute the Chiefs consider Smith their long-term solution at quarterback and they want to sign him to the extension, as chairman Clark Hunt has said. The next they're ready to find his successor?

This isn't how Hunt, general manager John Dorsey and coach Andy Reid wanted to operate the Chiefs. They have a long-term plan they will adjust as they see fit, but not because they're having trouble signing a key player 10 months before he's scheduled to become a free agent.

That type of move smells not of anything in a long-term plan, but of panic. Make no mistake, if the Chiefs draft a quarterback based on what they believe will be a need next year, that's a panic move. They made a commitment to Smith by trading for him last year and they're ready to scrap him at the first sign of trouble?

And if they panic on this, it follows the Chiefs will panic on other things to come. If they do that, don't plan on another Super Bowl for the Chiefs for a lot of years to come.

No, the Chiefs need to continue to build their team the best way they see fit, regardless of where they are in their negotiations with Smith. If a quarterback is available to the Chiefs on Thursday, they should take him if they believe he's going to be great.

If not and he's merely Plan B in case they can't re-sign Smith, forget about it. Move on to another player at another position.

notorious
05-06-2014, 07:18 AM
I get it now: If the Chiefs are looking to draft a QB in the 1st, they are "Panicking".

The media can go fist itself. Fuck them.

notorious
05-06-2014, 07:19 AM
[url]

And if they panic on this, it follows the Chiefs will panic on other things to come. If they do that, don't plan on another Super Bowl for the Chiefs for a lot of years to come.

EVEN BETTER.

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

SAUTO
05-06-2014, 07:25 AM

well all except for the winning part

Chief Roundup
05-06-2014, 07:37 AM
I get it now: If the Chiefs are looking to draft a QB in the 1st, they are "Panicking".

The media can go fist itself. **** them.

Yeah that was a little over the top. But overall I have to agree parts of that article. Dorsey and Co. gave up 2 2cd round draft picks for Smith. The bill isn't even paid yet and we might go another direction. If that ends up being the case Dorsey has made a lot of mistakes right out of the gate. If we draft a QB in round 1 then Smith should be released/not extended. There is no way we should be resigning Smith to a contract that is going to pay him 15-18 mil and pay a 1st round QB to set on the bench for the few/several years. That would be a waste of valuable resources that could and would be better suited somewhere else on the team.

Chief Roundup
05-06-2014, 07:38 AM
well all except for the winning part

Imagine how bad it would have been if Alex Smith didn't have the best playoff game, statistically, that a Chiefs QB has ever had!

BigMeatballDave
05-06-2014, 07:45 AM
Yeah that was a little over the top. But overall I have to agree parts of that article. Dorsey and Co. gave up 2 2cd round draft picks for Smith. The bill isn't even paid yet and we might go another direction. If that ends up being the case Dorsey has made a lot of mistakes right out of the gate. If we draft a QB in round 1 then Smith should be released/not extended. There is no way we should be resigning Smith to a contract that is going to pay him 15-18 mil and pay a 1st round QB to set on the bench for the few/several years. That would be a waste of valuable resources that could and would be better suited somewhere else on the team.Released? Trade him.

SAUTO
05-06-2014, 07:45 AM
Imagine how bad it would have been if Alex Smith didn't have the best playoff game first half, statistically, that a Chiefs QB has ever had!

I know!

Chief Roundup
05-06-2014, 08:13 AM
Released? Trade him.

He will be a FA. This is the last year of Smiths deal. Unless you want to franchise tag him.....

MahiMike
05-06-2014, 08:14 AM
Great smoke screen here. Thursday is gonna be off da chain!

Eleazar
05-06-2014, 08:17 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/kansas-city-chiefs/post/_/id/5502/a-quarterback-for-the-chiefs?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

A quarterback for the Chiefs?

If the Kansas City Chiefs believe a quarterback is the best player available to them when they pick 23rd in the first round of the NFL draft on Thursday, then they should take him. Absolutely. I'm signing on to that idea here and now. It's never a bad idea to draft a quarterback, if the team that selects him truly believes he will eventually become a great one.

It's a horrible idea to draft one for any other reason, even need. This is precisely why it's troubling if the Chiefs are considering selecting a quarterback in the first round, which according to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, they are. Negotiations with starting quarterback Alex Smith on a long-term contract extension aren't going well and, Rapoport says, the Chiefs would consider drafting Smith's replacement because of it.

I'm having trouble getting my arms around this one. One minute the Chiefs consider Smith their long-term solution at quarterback and they want to sign him to the extension, as chairman Clark Hunt has said. The next they're ready to find his successor?

This isn't how Hunt, general manager John Dorsey and coach Andy Reid wanted to operate the Chiefs. They have a long-term plan they will adjust as they see fit, but not because they're having trouble signing a key player 10 months before he's scheduled to become a free agent.

That type of move smells not of anything in a long-term plan, but of panic. Make no mistake, if the Chiefs draft a quarterback based on what they believe will be a need next year, that's a panic move. They made a commitment to Smith by trading for him last year and they're ready to scrap him at the first sign of trouble?

No, the Chiefs need to continue to build their team the best way they see fit, regardless of where they are in their negotiations with Smith. If a quarterback is available to the Chiefs on Thursday, they should take him if they believe he's going to be great.

If not and he's merely Plan B in case they can't re-sign Smith, forget about it. Move on to another player at another position.

Teicher gonna Teicher ROFL :stupid:

RunKC
05-06-2014, 08:18 AM
They want those extra picks. And I bet they damn well get them.

They know either Bridgewater or Carr will be sitting there and they want that phone ringing.

MahiMike
05-06-2014, 08:33 AM
If we re-sign Smith, it will be Aaron Murray in the 4th.

If we don't... welcome to Kansas City, Jimmy Garoppolo.

Mettenburger

FRCDFED
05-06-2014, 08:37 AM
MettenburgerIt would be tough to choose between Mettenburger and Murray. Both have a lot of potential. I would prefer to see a trade down and pick up WR Matthews with our first selection.

OldSchool
05-06-2014, 08:47 AM

They know either Bridgewater or Carr will be sitting there and they want that phone ringing.

This.

rico
05-06-2014, 09:56 AM
It would be tough to choose between Mettenburger and Murray. Both have a lot of potential. I would prefer to see a trade down and pick up WR Matthews with our first selection.

Didn't those two have a QB competition a few years ago at Georgia? I'll have to look that up... I think Mettenberger used to be a Georgia guy.

ThaVirus
05-06-2014, 09:58 AM

If that's the case then all we would have done is garner the Eagles more trade offers.

The only logical explanation for releasing this "info" outside of contract negotiations with Smith is hoping other teams will attempt to trade up ahead of us and nab a QB leaving a WR, S, etc on the board.

rico
05-06-2014, 10:02 AM
Ahh, Mettenberger in Murray didn't have a QB competition... it was this:

"Mettenberger originally attended the University of Georgia but was kicked off the team due to a violation of team rules. On April 30, 2010, Mettenberger pleaded guilty to two sexual battery charges stemming from an incident at a bar near Valdosta, Georgia."

What in the hell is up with a QB's last name ending in "berger" and being arrested for sexual shit?

temper11
05-06-2014, 10:12 AM
Its because he wants to get paid like a top QB. And chiefs want to pay him like he is who they thought he was. A middle of a road guy who has to have highly paid, highly skilled players around him to make shit happen. If we give him Jay Cutler money (aka stupid money) then we are ****ed on money even harder so there is no point. He (his agent) will have to be reasonable :/

Which successful QB's don't have highly skilled guys around them?

RealSNR
05-06-2014, 10:17 AM
What in the hell is up with a QB's last name ending in "berger" and being arrested for sexual shit?

So they can keep up with variations of perhaps the greatest and most classic joke of all time.

"Mettenberger? I hardly know her!"