PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV SceneItAll Tournament: Round 1, Heat 144

Rain Man
05-05-2014, 07:09 PM
Monday Bonus Heat!

The rules:

In Round 1, I'm going to put up three randomly selected scenes from the nomination thread.

You'll vote for your ONE favorite scene among the three. The key here is FAVORITE. We're not talking about the 'best' or 'most powerful' or 'most meaningful'. We're talking about the scene that you most enjoy watching, however you define that.

The winners will move on. I'll also take the 10 highest-scoring second-place scenes and they'll advance as wild cards.

Some of our nominations did not include clips. This will be noted. If you find a clip, please post it and let me know so I can update it if it moves on.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/sFW-yxe13lo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/S9AMKAdEwMo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GL78WGjktX4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rain Man
05-05-2014, 07:12 PM
I had to go against type here. My votes:

#1 - Die Hard. It's kind of ridiculous, but I nonetheless liked the end where he was trying to keep from getting dragged off. It kept my attention.

#2 - The Godfather. A good scene with nice wheels. I almost went with it as #1.

#3 - Old School. Since Will Ferrell is in it, I knew it wasn't going to be funny, so I had to think about it as a drama. It didn't hold as much dramatic value as the other two scenes.

Aries Walker
05-05-2014, 08:53 PM
Die Hard, but Sonny's death scene is a close second.

Bowser
05-05-2014, 09:02 PM
YOU GOT A FUCKING DART IN YOUR NECK

BlackHelicopters
05-06-2014, 09:29 AM
The Godfather

Rain Man
05-07-2014, 05:44 PM
Die Hard moves on, and a yippee kai yay.