PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Tamba Hali Moving to DE?

Dante84
05-08-2014, 11:22 PM
Check out what he just re-tweeted:

(attached)

For Twitter Illiterate, This random guy is asking Adam Teicher if Tamba Hali can play DE, and Dee Ford replaces him at OLB for the remainder of Hali's contract. Tamba then publicly shared this comment with his followers.

We are left to speculate why Tamba chose to do that.

Dante84
05-08-2014, 11:27 PM
Or maybe he retweeted it out of anger/bitterness that people are already talking about him being gone?

Prison Bitch
05-08-2014, 11:28 PM
Or maybe he retweeted it out of anger/bitterness that people are already talking about him being gone?

Good. He needs to be motivated this year and stay off the dope for us to grind one more year out of him.

Rausch
05-08-2014, 11:30 PM
I don't get it.

CoMoChief
05-08-2014, 11:34 PM
what?

Dante84
05-08-2014, 11:39 PM
He also retweeted this:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter">@AdamSchefter</a> Andy Reid upset with an overweight player? C&#39;mon man!!!!</p>&mdash; Kenni Kixx (@KixxAxe) <a href="https://twitter.com/KixxAxe/statuses/464600490408697857">May 9, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

jd1020
05-08-2014, 11:41 PM
Man just called his coach fat.

IT'S ON!!!!

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
05-08-2014, 11:41 PM
Tamba played fat all last season and it showed. Not a good sign

booger
05-09-2014, 01:43 AM
Reid was asked in the post draft presser about it and laughed and said no one works harder than Tamba. Reid joked about tamba rap videos when they talked about ford being a pianist. Then talked about getting all 3 Hali Houston and ford on the field at the same time. Most likely just in subs not the base d but didn't specify

I still don't see a positive in how shefter got that info though. His tweet seemed to make it seem they aren't happy about it

OldSchool
05-09-2014, 01:55 AM
Tamba's arm length make me worry if they plan to move him to 5-tech. They're something like under 31" long.

booger
05-09-2014, 01:59 AM
Tamba's arm length make me worry if they plan to move him to 5-tech. They're something like under 31" long.

He'd likely play the 3 tech. Herm liked him playing over the g at penn st. Still a concern there with dj stacked behind him. It's most likely just for sub sets. Not sure they hold up against the run if they play him there in the base

Mav
05-09-2014, 03:04 AM
Willie mcginnest was about the same size. It's doable. I could see it on a every one in a while basis. Not an every down thing though

booger
05-09-2014, 03:20 AM
http://www.strongright.com/tamba-hali-mx-35988-14376.php

His arm length here says 33 3/8"

Aspengc8
05-09-2014, 04:30 AM
Ford will be fine as a 1 gap 3-4 DE. We need some pass rush help from our DE's so Hali/Houston can get 1v1's. Ford, Houston, Hali, Poe, Catapano should work nicely.

COchief
05-09-2014, 05:31 AM
Ford will be fine as a 1 gap 3-4 DE. We need some pass rush help from our DE's so Hali/Houston can get 1v1's. Ford, Houston, Hali, Poe, Catapano should work nicely.

He's an obvious 3-4 OLB retard, you think a 6'2 244 prospect is going to hold down a DE spot in a 3-4?

Three7s
05-09-2014, 05:49 AM
LMAO

TEX
05-09-2014, 05:51 AM
He's an obvious 3-4 OLB retard, you think a 6'2 244 prospect is going to hold down a DE spot in a 3-4?

Exactly. No way he plays DE full time. It will be spot duty at best in obvious passing situations.

Aspengc8
05-09-2014, 05:59 AM

nope. but i think he can fit in nicely in the interior for a 4 man rush in nickel/sub packages. eventually he will be converted but for now no reason why he cant step in at some other role.

WhiteWhale
05-09-2014, 06:02 AM
He also retweeted this:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter">@AdamSchefter</a> Andy Reid upset with an overweight player? C'mon man!!!!</p>&mdash; Kenni Kixx (@KixxAxe) <a href="https://twitter.com/KixxAxe/statuses/464600490408697857">May 9, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The idea that Reid is upset because hali is not in good shape is an incredibly naive thing to believe.

WhawhaWhat
05-09-2014, 06:06 AM
The idea that Reid is upset because hali is not in good shape is an incredibly naive thing to believe.

Then why would they have floated it to Mort and Shef?

Dante84
05-09-2014, 06:52 AM

Because he's changing positions

suds79
05-09-2014, 07:13 AM
Too much focus is being put on where guys will play thinking about the 3-4.

With the NFL today, everybody's base defense is basically the nickel package. That's what you're in most of the time. They'll easily find a way to get all 3 on the filed in the nickel.

nychief
05-09-2014, 07:25 AM
Mebbe he is pregnant?

htismaqe
05-09-2014, 07:26 AM

Where did that Tweet say Andy was upset?

htismaqe
05-09-2014, 07:27 AM
nope. but i think he can fit in nicely in the interior for a 4 man rush in nickel/sub packages. eventually he will be converted but for now no reason why he cant step in at some other role.

Dee Ford will never be converted to DE in the 3-4. The only way he EVER plays DE in KC is if they switch back to a 3-4. :face palm:

ct
05-09-2014, 07:29 AM
Reid was asked in the post draft presser about it and laughed and said no one works harder than Tamba. Reid joked about tamba rap videos when they talked about ford being a pianist. Then talked about getting all 3 Hali Houston and ford on the field at the same time. Most likely just in subs not the base d but didn't specify

Now THAT sounds really freakin sweet!!

Slide DJ over, with Ford b/n he and Tamba. Where does the OLine focus?

WhawhaWhat
05-09-2014, 07:34 AM
Where did that Tweet say Andy was upset?

It didn't. But they wouldn't have said anything to the ESPN guys if Tamba showed up at his ideal weight.

htismaqe
05-09-2014, 07:39 AM
It didn't. But they wouldn't have said anything to the ESPN guys if Tamba showed up at his ideal weight.

It's entirely possible they want to use him differently...

Mr. Laz
05-09-2014, 08:04 AM
Hali is not going to be moved, he is just older now and will share some reps with Ford.

I imagine they will also line Ford up at DE beside Hali on passing downs

Hali
Ford
Poe
Walker

all 4 can rush the passer and more inside pressure will help against guys like Manning

Depth and extra guy for pass down packages

Next year Hali will take a pay cut or be replaced by Ford

seeing a pattern here, Dorsey likes to draft a replacement for guys he thinks are leaving the next year. (fisher,Ford)

htismaqe
05-09-2014, 08:07 AM
Hali is not going to be moved, he is just older now and will share some reps with Ford.

I imagine they will also line Ford up at DE beside Hali on passing downs

Hali
Ford
Poe
Walker

all 4 can rush the passer and more inside pressure will help against guys like Manning

Depth and extra guy for pass down packages

Next year Hali will take a pay cut or be replaced by Ford

seeing a pattern here, Dorsey likes to draft a replacement for guys he thinks are leaving the next year. (fisher,Ford)

That's certainly the most likely scenario.

Given the fact that Hali has experience at other positions though, perhaps the Chiefs feel they can change his role, thus changing the potential compensation conversation next year...

BossChief
05-09-2014, 08:08 AM
Hali will be our Sedrick Ellis the next couple years.

Mr. Laz
05-09-2014, 08:13 AM
That's certainly the most likely scenario.

Given the fact that Hali has experience at other positions though, perhaps the Chiefs feel they can change his role, thus changing the potential compensation conversation next year...
Yea, i imagine Ford's first step is quicker than Hali's now so maybe it will be Tamba that moves inside on passing downs. The key is that Hali/Poe will get more rest and hopefully be more effective late in the season.

OldSchool
05-09-2014, 08:21 AM
Don't be surprised if Ford starts out as a MLB next to Johnson in certain packages. Athletically, he is more than fast and fluid enough to do it. He could very well start off as our main interior blitzer like a Daryl Washington in Arizona, taking advantage of his speed and quickness while matched up on a guard inside.

Dunerdr
05-09-2014, 08:21 AM
I said this in the dee ford thread rumor is Hali showed up 20lbs heavier. Imagine ford Hali Poe and Houston with walker as an end.

Mr. Laz
05-09-2014, 08:23 AM
Don't be surprised if Ford starts out as a MLB next to Johnson in certain packages. Athletically, he is more than fast and fluid enough to do it. He could very well start off as our main interior blitzer like a Daryl Washington in Arizona, taking advantage of his speed and quickness while matched up on a guard inside.

:shake:

Aspengc8
05-09-2014, 08:25 AM
Dee Ford will never be converted to DE in the 3-4. The only way he EVER plays DE in KC is if they switch back to a 3-4. :face palm:

I should have elaborated more.. didn't mean in a base 3-4, I meant when we want to pressure with 4, more with nickel/sub, he can move inside or outside. same with hali. No doubt he will be converted to a OLB, but I just dont see tamba playing DE in a 3-4 front.

MTG#10
05-09-2014, 08:33 AM
Maybe Hali's extra 20 lbs was intentional because they want him to move to DE? Doubt it but who knows anything with this team anymore...

OldSchool
05-09-2014, 08:39 AM
Maybe Hali's extra 20 lbs was intentional because they want him to move to DE? Doubt it but who knows anything with this team anymore...

I think he has the tenacity and power to play similarly to Justin Smith in SF at the 5-tech position; not quite the same level of strength but plenty strong enough. It might also allow him to extend his career with the Chiefs if the switch goes well because he doesn't have to be as fast with his first step as a DE in our system as he would if he had stayed at OLB.

htismaqe
05-09-2014, 08:51 AM
I should have elaborated more.. didn't mean in a base 3-4, I meant when we want to pressure with 4, more with nickel/sub, he can move inside or outside. same with hali. No doubt he will be converted to a OLB, but I just dont see tamba playing DE in a 3-4 front.

Of course, in any 40 front, Ford could slide in at end.

I totally think Tamba could play DE in a 3-4. He played 4-3 DT in college.

htismaqe
05-09-2014, 08:52 AM
I think he has the tenacity and power to play similarly to Justin Smith in SF at the 5-tech position; not quite the same level of strength but plenty strong enough. It might also allow him to extend his career with the Chiefs if the switch goes well because he doesn't have to be as fast with his first step as a DE in our system as he would if he had stayed at OLB.

Yep.

blackdragon11
05-09-2014, 09:42 AM
Trade Hali to Atlanta for 2nd rd pick.