PDA

View Full Version : Life I saw a guy get shot by a cop today

MTG#10
05-09-2014, 03:05 PM
At a red light a couple hours ago and saw a cop confront a panhandler. Dude took off running and the cop dropped him. As far as I could tell no threat whatsoever was made to the dirty pig, the guy was just trying to get away. There were a LOT of witnesses so hopefully this asshole gets what he deserves.

Canofbier
05-09-2014, 03:06 PM
GOD DAMN THOSE PIGS.

They taste so good, but I feel guilty for their deaths.

Rain Man
05-09-2014, 03:07 PM
Like, shot with a gun? Or with a taser?

TimBone
05-09-2014, 03:09 PM
Did he kill him or just take off a limb? I'll reserve judgement until I get that info.

MTG#10
05-09-2014, 03:09 PM
A gun.

http://www.ozarksfirst.com/story/d/story/one-arrest-one-injury-in-springfield-shooting/33011/6WR5bL0Y10OfV7BFNCkd3g

teedubya
05-09-2014, 03:11 PM
Sweet. Paid administrative leave... if you're a cop and want a nice vacation, just shoot someone!

RippedmyFlesh
05-09-2014, 03:12 PM
Butts is on probation and parole for a burglary. He also has a second-degree felony burglary warrant from Greene County and a municipal traffic warrant from Springfield.

journeyscarab
05-09-2014, 03:12 PM
Just sprinkle some crack on 'em. /Dave Chappelle

Pepe Silvia
05-09-2014, 03:13 PM
Cops can do what they want.

Just Passin' By
05-09-2014, 03:13 PM
Which one of the men was dating your ex-wife?

MTG#10
05-09-2014, 03:14 PM
Butts is on probation and parole for a burglary. He also has a second-degree felony burglary warrant from Greene County and a municipal traffic warrant from Springfield.

So that means the shooting was justified. :rolleyes:

Chief Pote
05-09-2014, 03:20 PM

In this case it means don't run from the cops.

Deberg_1990
05-09-2014, 03:21 PM
Well, he didn't kill him.

Move along, nothing to see here....
Posted via Mobile Device

Rain Man
05-09-2014, 03:22 PM
Sweet. Paid administrative leave... if you're a cop and want a nice vacation, just shoot someone!

I always figured that was some union negotiation.

"Okay, we'll take a 4% raise instead of 6%. But if we shoot someone we get paid time off. Deal?"

Bearcat
05-09-2014, 03:24 PM
Poor criminal.

luv
05-09-2014, 03:26 PM

You don't know that it wasn't.

MTG#10
05-09-2014, 03:28 PM
I hate thieves. Despise them. I like good cops. But running from a cop...on foot...does not justify a bullet wound. This was a pig on a power trip.

Discuss Thrower
05-09-2014, 03:29 PM
At a red light a couple hours ago and saw a cop confront a panhandler. Dude took off running and the cop dropped him. As far as I could tell no threat whatsoever was made to the dirty pig, the guy was just trying to get away. There were a LOT of witnesses so hopefully this asshole gets what he deserves.

Innocent or guilty, once a cop has spoken to you, you are not free to go anywhere until he says otherwise.

luv
05-09-2014, 03:30 PM
I hate thieves. Despise them. I like good cops. But running from a cop...on foot...does not justify a bullet wound. This was a pig on a power trip.

Resisting arrest? If he was told to stop...

MTG#10
05-09-2014, 03:31 PM
Innocent or guilty, once a cop has spoken to you, you are not free to go anywhere until he says otherwise.

No shit.

Innocent or guilty, a cop has no right to shoot someone that is not threatening them or others just because he's too lazy for a foot chase.

Bearcat
05-09-2014, 03:34 PM
Maybe it was asthma. Bet he has asthma. I'd totally buy a gun if I had it.

MTG#10
05-09-2014, 03:38 PM
I'm sure dirty pig will say he thought he saw a gun in his pants or something and get away with it. If it comes to light that the suspect did have a weapon that's fine, but from what I saw it was just a punk panhandling and taking off when the cops got there.

RippedmyFlesh
05-09-2014, 03:38 PM

No I can't say it was but I don't know what was said.

saphojunkie
05-09-2014, 03:50 PM
Fuck every cop. Fuck you all.

Gonzo
05-09-2014, 03:53 PM
Fuck every cop. Fuck you all. Until I actually need assistance then I'll expect you to save my life.

Fyp

Deberg_1990
05-09-2014, 03:53 PM
I'm sure dirty pig will say he thought he saw a gun in his pants or something and get away with it. If it comes to light that the suspect did have a weapon that's fine, but from what I saw it was just a punk panhandling and taking off when the cops got there.

Actually I think cops can shoot fleeing suspects. Probably varies from state to state.
Posted via Mobile Device

Just Passin' By
05-09-2014, 03:55 PM

That is not true.

Just Passin' By
05-09-2014, 03:57 PM
Fyp

Odd notion, considering police are under no duty to prevent crime and are rarely in position to actually save lives in the immediate time of crisis.

-King-
05-09-2014, 04:07 PM
Actually I think cops can shoot fleeing suspects. Probably varies from state to state.
Posted via Mobile Device

No. I'm 100% sure they can't no matter what state it is.
Posted via Mobile Device

Deberg_1990
05-09-2014, 04:11 PM
No. I'm 100% sure they can't no matter what state it is.
Posted via Mobile Device

There seems to be conflicting information on the web. I have no idea? Probably varies by situation and as long as its not lethal.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gonzo
05-09-2014, 04:11 PM
Odd notion, considering police are under no duty to prevent crime and are rarely in position to actually save lives in the immediate time of crisis.

It's the same old exhausting story. Public servants are hired to enforce the law. Out of the millions of them employed throughout the world (that actually do the job they're hired for) they get thrown under the bus because of the pieces of shit that get put in the news for bad behavior.

Have I ever had a bad experience with a cop? Of course. Complaint filed.
I have had one probably save my life before, as well. I've also had one that I knew personally get killed in the line of duty.
It's all a microcosm of society.

Billy the construction worked was caught stealing power tools, therefore all construction workers are thieves.

Sam the fireman was drunk on duty and raped a cactus, therefore all fireman are drunken idiots.

As far as police officers in position to save lives... I suppose it all depends on where they're stationed. I have a co-worker who is a retired New Jersey homicide detective. He put away several very bad people.
Did he save any lives? You bet your ass he did.

Nobody on here, (except maybe Crazycoffee) hates dirty cops more than me. However, it's unfair to say things like "fuck all cops." Just my opinion.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion I guess. Mine just differs from most because I deal with PD often in my line of work.

Discuss Thrower
05-09-2014, 04:13 PM
FWIW, I've been let out of two non-vehicular incidents from incredibly forgiving SPD officers, and have no issue with them.

That being said, as a whole, cops are in a position to fuck your world UP and get away with it unless you've got the reincarnated Johnnie Cochran on your side.

If I cop says "jump," you be damned sure you best spring out of your shoes.

Just Passin' By
05-09-2014, 04:18 PM
It's the same old exhausting story. Public servants are hired to enforce the law. Out of the millions of them employed throughout the world (that actually do the job they're hired for) they get thrown under the bus because of the pieces of shit that get put in the news for bad behavior.

Have I ever had a bad experience with a cop? Of course. Complaint filed.
I have had one probably save my life before, as well. I've also had one that I knew personally get killed in the line of duty.
It's all a microcosm of society.

Billy the construction worked was caught stealing power tools, therefore all construction workers are thieves.

Sam the fireman was drunk on duty and raped a cactus, therefore all fireman are drunken idiots.

As far as police officers in position to save lives... I suppose it all depends on where they're stationed. I have a co-worker who is a retired New Jersey homicide detective. He put away several very bad people.
Did he save any lives? You bet your ass he did.

Nobody on here, (except maybe Crazycoffee) hates dirty cops more than me. However, it's unfair to say things like "**** all cops." Just my opinion.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion I guess. Mine just differs from most because I deal with PD often in my line of work.

If you deal with cops all the time, you should already know that a shitload of them are pricks. That's not news. Even their fellow cops and family members know and say it. Here's one woman, mother of a cop and wife of another, offering her explanation:

For twenty years, I lent my husband to New York City to patrol the streets and to keep the wolves at bay so that the people of that city could live under the blanket of security and safety that his existence provided; all the while knowing that the very citizens he protected resented his presence. In 2010, our son took the oath of office and wears the shield his father wore before him.

Again, I wait each night until I hear the key in the door before I fall into a deep sleep.

Cops ARE pricks. It's what keeps them alive and whole, because if they let all the crap they deal with actually sink in, it would destroy their souls.

http://www.apbweb.com/featured-articles/2390-why-cops-are-qpricksq.html

Deberg_1990
05-09-2014, 04:20 PM
If you deal with cops all the time, you should already know that a shitload of them are pricks. That's not news. Even their fellow cops and family members know and say it.

You just completely missed everything he just said and focused on one line.
Posted via Mobile Device

unlurking
05-09-2014, 04:21 PM
Major Manlove takes over reporting (from a Ms. Cox) regarding an officer who put a cap in the ass of Mr. Butts and no comments?!?!

Man you guys are slipping!

Just Passin' By
05-09-2014, 04:26 PM
You just completely missed everything he just said and focused on one line.
Posted via Mobile Device

I didn't miss what he said. I responded to examples with one of my own.

jspchief
05-09-2014, 04:52 PM

All of them

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-09-2014, 04:59 PM
It's all good . I've shot more pigs than I can count.

SAUTO
05-09-2014, 05:00 PM
FWIW, I've been let out of two non-vehicular incidents from incredibly forgiving SPD officers, and have no issue with them.

That being said, as a whole, cops are in a position to fuck your world UP and get away with it unless you've got the reincarnated Johnnie Cochran on your side.

If I cop says "jump," you be damned sure you best spring out of your shoes.Lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

Al Bundy
05-09-2014, 05:02 PM

CP does NOT disappoint.

Kaepernick
05-09-2014, 06:12 PM

So that explains all the dog shootings lately.

Saulbadguy
05-09-2014, 06:17 PM
All of them

ROFL

htismaqe
05-09-2014, 06:19 PM

The problem is, the "bad" cops aren't getting drunk and fucking cacti or stealing chainsaws...

They're fucking SHOOTING people and sexually abusing innocent people for no fucking reason.

TLO
05-09-2014, 06:33 PM
You live a charmed life MTG.

MIAdragon
05-09-2014, 06:41 PM
License to kill

MTG#10
08-14-2014, 01:20 PM
A Springfield police officer criminally charged with shooting an unarmed mentally ill panhandler in May has resigned, the police department announced today.

"Today, Officer (Jason) Shuck submitted a letter of resignation from the SPD," Chief Paul Williams said in a news release. "I have accepted his resignation, effective immediately."

(http://www.news-leader.com/story/news/crime/2014/07/10/police-officer-charged-shooting-panhandler/12475553/)Shuck told authorities he was trying to use his Taser and instead shot Eric Butts as Butts ran away. Shuck is facing a misdemeanor charge of third-degree assault. If convicted, he could face up to a year in jail.
Butts was shot May 9 near a neighborhood Walmart at 1320 S. Glenstone Ave. The bullet pierced his intestines and left him using a colostomy bag because he was unable to use the bathroom normally. Butts was scheduled to undergo surgery todayto reverse the colostomy.
Shuck received a meritorious service award from the police department in 2013. Butts is is a convicted burglar who had served time in prison and was wanted on a warrant for failure to appear in court on a parole violation.

http://www.news-leader.com/story/news/local/ozarks/2014/08/14/cop-accused-shooting-panhandler-resigns/14061999/?sf29813176=[%271%27]

Jerm
08-14-2014, 01:21 PM
I can tell you this from experience, there is absolutely no way to get your taser and firearm mixed up....what a complete BS copout.

Hey it worked with Fruitvale, why not now...

Bufkin
08-14-2014, 01:22 PM
In LA Noire, those fuckers ALWAYS run from the cops. Even if they're completely innocent. Grinds my gears to no end.

Kiimo
08-14-2014, 01:25 PM
I can tell you this from experience, there is absolutely no way to get your taser and firearm mixed up....what a complete BS copout.

:thumb:

Jerm
08-14-2014, 01:27 PM
Haha totally not on purpose but it worked...

Steron
08-14-2014, 01:31 PM
"I only heard the gunshot and the only part I actually saw was him chasing the guy," says Witness Dustin Ewing. Ewing works at the Walmart Neighborhood Market on Glenstone.

Dustin, is that you? GET BACK TO WORK AND QUIT FUCKING AROUND ON CP!

Dave Lane
08-14-2014, 02:34 PM
A Springfield police officer criminally charged with shooting an unarmed mentally ill panhandler in May has resigned, the police department announced today.

"Today, Officer (Jason) Shuck submitted a letter of resignation from the SPD," Chief Paul Williams said in a news release. "I have accepted his resignation, effective immediately."

(http://www.news-leader.com/story/news/crime/2014/07/10/police-officer-charged-shooting-panhandler/12475553/)Shuck told authorities he was trying to use his Taser and instead shot Eric Butts as Butts ran away. Shuck is facing a misdemeanor charge of third-degree assault. If convicted, he could face up to a year in jail.
Butts was shot May 9 near a neighborhood Walmart at 1320 S. Glenstone Ave. The bullet pierced his intestines and left him using a colostomy bag because he was unable to use the bathroom normally. Butts was scheduled to undergo surgery todayto reverse the colostomy.
Shuck received a meritorious service award from the police department in 2013. Butts is is a convicted burglar who had served time in prison and was wanted on a warrant for failure to appear in court on a parole violation.

http://www.news-leader.com/story/news/local/ozarks/2014/08/14/cop-accused-shooting-panhandler-resigns/14061999/?sf29813176=[%271%27]

Now that is a decent outcome. You cant just start shooting unarmed running away people especially on a major street WTF was he thinking.

BigRichard
08-14-2014, 02:50 PM
Now that is a decent outcome. You cant just start shooting unarmed running away people especially on a major street WTF was he thinking.

Thank god he wasn't black... or was he?

munkey
08-14-2014, 02:57 PM
Thank god he wasn't black... or was he?

No riots or looting reported...he was obviously white..

Mennonite
08-14-2014, 03:01 PM
Shuck told authorities he was trying to use his Taser and instead shot Eric Butts as Butts ran away.

Clearly these guys need more army surplus items. "I thought I was riding a police bike, but instead I brought a tank. My bad."

Butts was shot May 9 near a neighborhood Walmart at 1320 S. Glenstone Ave. The bullet pierced his intestines and left him using a colostomy bag because he was unable to use the bathroom normally.Shuck is facing a misdemeanor charge of third-degree assault.

Yeah, that seems fair. I wonder what would happen if the panhandler had "accidentally" shot the cop?

Omaha
08-14-2014, 03:21 PM
Of course you did. Why wouldn't you see someone get shot by the police during the normal course of your MTG#10 day? It would probably be more noteworthy if you saw nobody get shot for a full 24 hours. Thanks for sharing.

Eleazar
08-14-2014, 03:37 PM
Of course you did. Why wouldn't you see someone get shot by the police during the normal course of your MTG#10 day? It would probably be more noteworthy if you saw nobody get shot for a full 24 hours. Thanks for sharing.

Exactly

DenverChief
08-14-2014, 03:43 PM

IDK I have seen cops, mostly with smaller waist sizes, have the non-lethal directly behind or in front of the lethal.....it's possible

Jerm
08-14-2014, 03:45 PM
IDK I have seen cops, mostly with smaller waist sizes, have the non-lethal directly behind or in front of the lethal.....it's possible

Considering the weight difference, targeting mechanism, and overall feel of both...you'd know what you had in your hand before firing.

-King-
08-14-2014, 03:49 PM

So...they're incompetent?

Earthling
08-14-2014, 06:11 PM
Just one more good reason that cops should be issued lariats along with their other gear.

MTG#10
08-14-2014, 06:33 PM
Yeah, that seems fair. I wonder what would happen if the panhandler had "accidentally" shot the cop?

That's what I was thinking. A misdemeanor? Fuck that, he should do a minimum of 5 years in the state pen and have to pay the guy a big chunk of change. I hope his family sues this piece of shit.

BucEyedPea
08-14-2014, 07:40 PM
Cops have gotten more out of control the past 20 years. They're being imboldened.

crazycoffey
08-15-2014, 07:04 AM

Cops have gotten more out of control the past 20 years. They're being imboldened.

See, it's actually the opposite, criminals are embolden.

The worst fear of a free society is that those with power will abuse that power. Yet with all the negative stories you can find about cops in the us you'll still find it hard to find 1% of all the cops have misused their power. I wonder if the same can be said of lawyers, or judges, or politicians?

HonestChieffan
08-15-2014, 07:14 AM

The worst fear of a free society is that those with power will abuse that power. Yet with all the negative stories you can find about cops in the us you'll still find it hard to find 1% of all the cops have misused their power. I wonder if the same can be said of lawyers, or judges, or politicians?

so true

Arrowhead Thunder
08-15-2014, 09:43 AM

wtf?

Eleazar
08-15-2014, 10:15 AM

A lot of people haven't figured out yet that all of MTG's stories are made up

MTG#10
10-02-2014, 02:20 PM
So POS cop gets no jail time, only probation and cant be a POS cop anymore. Complete bullshit. City of Springfield has to pay the victim $700k.

http://www.ky3.com/news/local/springfield-pays-700000-to-man-shot-by-police-officer/21048998_28375232

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. - The City of Springfield agreed to pay $700,000 to a man shot by a police officer last spring. The settlement avoids a lawsuit threatened by attorney Joshua Roberts on behalf of Eric Butts. Officer Jason Shuck shot Butts on May 9 after Butts fled to try to avoid being arrested on warrants.

Shuck resigned from the Springfield Police Department on Aug. 14 rather than go through a disciplinary process. He was charged in July with third-degree and subsequently pleaded guilty for shooting Butts. He received two years of probation and is prohibited from being a police officer or any job where he would carry a gun. Shuck said he meant to try to shoot Butts with his electric stun gun but accidentally grabbed his pistol and shot Butts while he was chasing him.

During the mediation, the City and Butts decided to avoid the expense of a lawsuit by settling the case. The City agreed to pay $700,000 based on the potential cost of defense and medical expenses. As part of the agreement, the City and Shuck are released from liability, ensuring the settlement truly brings the claim to a close, with no potential for further claims or litigation.

The City’s General Fund reserves will cover the full cost of the settlement as the incident occurred prior to the City’s purchase of insurance.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-02-2014, 02:22 PM
:shake: No jail time and costs the tax payers a bunch of money. Fucker has a future on Wall Street, or in the banking industry.

tooge
10-02-2014, 02:25 PM
lesson? Never shoot butts

ptlyon
10-02-2014, 02:28 PM
lesson? Never shoot butts

Shuck u butts