PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Apparently Sal Pal just said in a radio interview....

Dante84
05-09-2014, 03:21 PM
...that he talked to Manziel's agent, who told him that Reid was texting him all day about taking JFF at #23.

- Source: The guy next to me at work, who is an Eagles fan that listens to Philly radio all day, every day.

Chief Pote
05-09-2014, 03:22 PM
Sal Pal is a fucking no talent idiot. Not sure how he keeps a job at ESPN.

Dante84
05-09-2014, 03:22 PM
And Thank God the Browns took him!

http://cdn.brobible.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/manziel-1.png

http://cdn.brobible.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/manziel-2.png

Dante84
05-09-2014, 03:23 PM
Sal Pal is a ****ing no talent idiot. Not sure how he keeps a job at ESPN.

Agreed.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qiLPr1heWiY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MTG#10
05-09-2014, 03:24 PM
Eagles fucked Andy for coming to town and kicking their ass in a primetime game.

Deberg_1990
Who knows? Jerry Jones also said he would do whatever it takes to get Manziel....then passed.
Posted via Mobile Device

MrGiggity
I first read the title as Sal Perez.

Halfcan
05-09-2014, 03:25 PM
Chiefs got who they wanted.

BossChief
05-09-2014, 03:28 PM
If they really wanted him, they would have moved up to take him.

MotherfuckerJones
05-09-2014, 03:29 PM
This is bullshit. Reid doesn't like Sal Pal.

Dante84
05-09-2014, 03:33 PM
This is bullshit. Reid doesn't like Sal Pal.

Re-read the OP.

Sal said JFF's agent told him Reid was texting and expressing interest.

The agent is Sal's source, not Reid.

|Zach|
05-09-2014, 03:43 PM
an Eagles fan that listens to Philly radio all day, every day.

That sounds awful.

BossChief
05-09-2014, 03:49 PM
To me, it seems like Andy knew What Phillys gm wanted from this draft (a pass rusher) and threw out the rumor of wanting a quarterback to help one fall to them.

It just seems extremely odd that Reid would bend over backwards to "leak" info to the media about wanting Manziel at 23 so much a few days before the draft and then constantly during the draft without there being an ulterior motive.

It's obvious how it played out that Cleveland was looking to move up for Manziel and that Philly wanted a pass rusher (as evidenced by their reach @26 for one) and all the information makes me think Andy Reid/John Dorsey got exactly who they wanted.

Iconic
05-09-2014, 03:49 PM
If they really wanted him, they would have moved up to take him.

+1

xbarretx
05-09-2014, 03:51 PM
To me, it seems like Andy knew What Phillys gm wanted from this draft (a pass rusher) and threw out the rumor of wanting a quarterback to help one fall to them.

It just seems extremely odd that Reid would bend over backwards to "leak" info to the media about wanting Manziel at 23 so much a few days before the draft and then constantly during the draft without there being an ulterior motive.

It's obvious how it played out that Cleveland was looking to move up for Manziel and that Philly wanted a pass rusher (as evidenced by their reach @26 for one) and all the information makes me think Andy Reid/John Dorsey got exactly who they wanted.

This +rep

MotherfuckerJones
05-09-2014, 03:51 PM
Re-read the OP.

I don't believe shit Sal says. Fuck him

Anyong Bluth
05-09-2014, 03:53 PM
Considering that Philly wanted Ford and Sal is an Eagles shill- don't you think they kept their information about wanting Ford and putting the misdirection info out there? Philadelphia would have never swapped picks with Cleveland if they had a hint of KCs pick because they never thought KC was interested in Ford and expected he'd be there for them at 26.

DaFace
05-09-2014, 03:56 PM
Re-read the OP.

Why would there be any contact at all? It's not like the agent has any power to make any deals in the draft.

BossChief
05-09-2014, 03:57 PM
I'm telling you, Andy Reid and John Dorsey played one hell of a chess game yesterday and killed Philly in the process.

teedubya
If I were an Eagles fan... I'd have the Eagles music playing in the background during each game. TAKE IT TOOOO THE LIMIT....

Anyong Bluth
Why would there be any contact at all? It's not like the agent has any power to make any deals in the draft.

They talk back and forth during the draft constantly. Lots of backroom chatter

DaFace
05-09-2014, 03:58 PM
They talk back and forth during the draft constantly.

That may be true, but why? What is so important that an NFL head coach would spend his time in the draft room communicating with a guy who has no impact on the day whatsoever?

BossChief
05-09-2014, 03:59 PM

And they showed zero interest through the draft process for the player they drafted.

I don't think they ever had the intention of taking a QB at 23.

saphojunkie
05-09-2014, 03:59 PM
That may be true, but why? What is so important that an NFL head coach would spend his time in the draft room communicating with a guy who has no impact on the day whatsoever?

Agents actually sell their players to coaches.

Anyong Bluth
05-09-2014, 04:00 PM
I'm telling you, Andy Reid and John Dorsey played one hell of a chess game yesterday and killed Philly in the process.

Yep, not a peep by any one about KC looking at Ford - I've not seen even 1 prediction by anyone with Ford to KC

BossChief
05-09-2014, 04:00 PM

And they showed zero interest through the draft process for the player they drafted.

I don't think they ever had the intention of taking a QB at 23.

Now, they better hope to god that the health concerns are in the past and stay there.

BossChief
05-09-2014, 04:02 PM
Yep, not a peep by any one about KC looking at Ford - I've not seen even 1 prediction by anyone with Ford to KC

Even Ford said they didn't interview him, work him out...nothing. They just did the physical at the combine.

They obviously saw the guys measurables and film and were like "if this guy checks out medically, he's our pick.

DaFace
05-09-2014, 04:03 PM
Agents actually sell their players to coaches.

But again, why would Reid talk back? Surely he has more important things to think about in a war room than sending text messages to agents.

I'm not saying it didn't happen. I just don't understand what Reid's motivation would be for either initiating or responding to such communication.

Anyong Bluth
05-09-2014, 04:05 PM

Signability, both sides trying to feel out if other teams are in contact about their guy(s).

Different agents have preferred teams they would like to deal with as well as steering guys to advantageous places for various reasons. Vice versa - some clubs will simply not draft guys represented by x or y agent except in the extreme circumstances.

When I worked for Condon and Kramer and co, we had a whiteboard for all the rounds and 90% was spot on.

Draft day chatter is all about working on getting your players selected. There's tons of talk prior to it, and then you have to work with a fluid event and work on the fly when the unexpected arises.

After round 4- teams are scurrying to lock in offers to undrafted guys they really want and its a whole bidding process along with picking the team they have a good chance at making the roster or sometimes the player is dead set on joining x team.

temper11
05-09-2014, 04:08 PM
Agreed.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qiLPr1heWiY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ha ha ha... that clip was hilarious.

RealSNR
05-09-2014, 04:43 PM

They didn't have to. There were a fuck ton of players available to Philly that would have made the trade down worth it.

Philly killed Philly, not KC.

The Bad Guy
05-09-2014, 04:51 PM
I'm fucking sick over the fact that Johnny isn't a Chief right now.

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-09-2014, 04:57 PM
I've been sick to my stomach all day . We were soooo close ! There's a REASON Cleveland felt they needed to move to 22 . Also reported the Vikings also tried to move to 22 for Manziel. Reid was gonna have him some Manziel.

FUCK !!!! Just FUCK!!!!

saphojunkie
05-09-2014, 04:57 PM
I've been sick to my stomach all day . We were soooo close ! There's a REASON Cleveland felt they needed to move to 22 . Also reported the Vikings also tried to move to 22 for Manziel. Reid was gonna have him some Manziel.

**** !!!! Just ****!!!!

Fuck Manziel.

RealSNR
05-09-2014, 05:01 PM

Surely Reid/Dorsey never were going to take Manziel, right? That report from Sal that said Cleveland traded up because they were afraid the Chiefs were taking him has got to just be smoke.

BigMeatballDave
05-09-2014, 05:04 PM

Really?

farmerchief
05-09-2014, 05:05 PM
Surely Reid/Dorsey never were going to take Manziel, right? That report from Sal that said Cleveland traded up because they were afraid the Chiefs were taking him has got to just be smoke. I would believe two different scenarios.(1) Chiefs were actually interested in Johnny Football, if he dropped that low and (2) Chiefs wanted everybody, even his agent to think they would draft him, in order to get some trade offers if they didnt?

05-09-2014, 05:10 PM
I can't believe how many of you actually wanted Manziel here. WHY?

The Bad Guy
05-09-2014, 05:12 PM

Because I think he'd be the absolute perfect fit with Reid. That's why. Because he plays his best football in big games, that's why.

There's some on this board that didn't want him simply because of his persona.

Anyong Bluth
05-09-2014, 05:13 PM
I'm more envious of the Vikings

The Bad Guy
05-09-2014, 05:13 PM
Really?

Yes, I'm a huge fan of his pro potential.

The Bad Guy
05-09-2014, 05:14 PM
Surely Reid/Dorsey never were going to take Manziel, right? That report from Sal that said Cleveland traded up because they were afraid the Chiefs were taking him has got to just be smoke.

I have no info to back this up, but I think Reid absolutely would have taken him.

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-09-2014, 05:14 PM

Because he's a goddamn gifted athlete that can CARRY a team all by himself ,that's why ,and he's ahellofa fun to watch, that's why. IDIOT !

htismaqe
05-09-2014, 05:16 PM
Because I think he'd be the absolute perfect fit with Reid. That's why. Because he plays his best football in big games, that's why.

This.

Andy Reid WITH Johnny Manziel could be epic.

htismaqe
05-09-2014, 05:17 PM
I would believe two different scenarios.(1) Chiefs were actually interested in Johnny Football, if he dropped that low and (2) Chiefs wanted everybody, even his agent to think they would draft him, in order to get some trade offers if they didnt?

#2 is virtually impossible if you think about it.

By floating rumors out there like that, all they do is give the Eagles ammunition to trade out ahead of us.

If our goal was REALLY to move down, leaking interest in Manziel made absolutely zero sense.

BossChief
05-09-2014, 05:19 PM

I'm trying to talk myself into Andy never actually wanting him because it still hurts knowing we didn't get him.

That's literally as close as we have ever gotten to drafting a QB in the first round since I was 5 years old.

MotherfuckerJones
05-09-2014, 05:19 PM

Exactly. But fans that wanted him like me, are schmucks according to some on here

BossChief
05-09-2014, 05:20 PM
This.

Andy Reid WITH Johnny Manziel could be epic.

I'm still depressed...but the drafts not over yet, either.

I still really like Carr, Garrapolo and Murray.

htismaqe
05-09-2014, 05:21 PM
Exactly. But fans that wanted him like me, are schmucks according to some on here

Because it might suggest that you're not 100%-sold on Alex Smith, even if you are.

Can't do anything that might threaten Alex. It's like he's their boyfriend or something.

MotherfuckerJones
05-09-2014, 05:22 PM
Because it might suggest that you're not 100%-sold on Alex Smith, even if you are.

Can't do anything that might threaten Alex. It's like he's their boyfriend or something.

Sounds a lot like a former KC GM married to a QB

SAUTO
05-09-2014, 05:22 PM
I'm trying to talk myself into Andy never actually wanting him because it still hurts knowing we didn't get him.

That's literally as close as we have ever gotten to drafting a QB in the first round since I was 5 years old.

Actually it was even with the last time, same picks same teams Brady Quinn...
Posted via Mobile Device

The Bad Guy
05-09-2014, 05:23 PM
If you're asking me if I'd rather take Johnny at 23 or shell over between 15-17 million a year on Alex Smith, it's an absolute no brainer.

JFF.

MotherfuckerJones
05-09-2014, 05:24 PM
If you're asking me if I'd rather take Johnny at 23 or shell over between 15-17 million a year on Alex Smith, it's an absolute no brainer.

JFF.

If we fucking pay him 15-17 million I will shit

htismaqe
05-09-2014, 05:29 PM
If we fucking pay him 15-17 million I will shit

Dude, $15M per is like the FLOOR. Matt Cassel got 5 years, $65M. I wouldn't be surprised if they give him MORE than $17M per. You might as well prepare for it.

BossChief
05-09-2014, 05:31 PM

JFF.

Pick 23 gets 4 years for under 8 million total.

IMO if they truly wanted him, they would have traded up...especially being the main reason they supposedly wanted him was to save money and prevent paying Smith big money.

Btwfyi

On serius radio they said Alex is asking for 19 per

Easy 6
05-09-2014, 05:31 PM
Agreed.

THIS... **** Sal.

He's just trying to get another dig in.

BossChief
05-09-2014, 05:33 PM
I bet we take Aaron Murray at pick 87, or someone trades up to 86 and takes him (if he's still on the board at that point)....or we move up a few spots to get him.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-09-2014, 05:33 PM
We should have known. There are certain trump cards. One is that the Chiefs will never, ever draft a QB in the first round. The Cubs will win a World Series before it happens.

xztop123
05-09-2014, 05:34 PM

Interesting

RealSNR
I'll go back to keeping my fingers crossed for Aaron Murray in the 3rd.

saphojunkie
I bet we take Aaron Murray at pick 87, or someone trades up to 86 and takes him (if he's still on the board at that point)....or we move up a few spots to get him.

Sadly... this.

BossChief
We should have known. There are certain trump cards. One is that the Chiefs will never, ever draft a QB in the first round. The Cubs will win a World Series before it happens.

Pigs will be flying around hell having a snowball fight before we get to root for our own quarterback.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-09-2014, 05:37 PM

I bet they don't take a QB before Round 5. Then, once that happens, people will claim that he's a better prospect than any other QB in the draft this year.

BossChief
05-09-2014, 05:41 PM
I bet they don't take a QB before Round 5. Then, once that happens, people will claim that he's a better prospect than any other QB in the draft this year.

I highly doubt that.

Look at Andy Reid's history and how last night played out coupled with the Alex Smith rumors.

keg in kc
05-09-2014, 05:45 PM
I think they got exactly who they targeted if Cooks was off the board, and I don't think they were ever interested in drafting a QB. It may have even been an elaborate play on the Eagles that actually worked, although I hesitate to give that much credit. But if they really wanted him, and they really had the Eagles convinced that they didn't, then it was a masterstroke getting Philly out of the way/playing on the Browns' willingness to move up and getting who the Eagles wanted without moving up to do it themselves.

Reerun_KC
05-09-2014, 05:46 PM
Sal is like the chiefs fan of journalism.

Sal = true fan.

BigMeatballDave
05-09-2014, 06:37 PM
Yes, I'm a huge fan of his pro potential.

Eh, I just don't see it on the pro level.

I'd understand if we missed out on Luck. I'd be sick.

Manziel? He's not even in the same area code.

srvy
05-09-2014, 06:49 PM
I think Cooks was there player at 23. I think they thought NO would go QB if they traded up, to groom a guy for the aging Brees. Andy made no bones about really liking Cooks and he would have been a perfect fit. When NO took him the Chiefs simply took the guy they thought would be there at 23 they coveted. I don't think they had any intention of drafting JM though id love for it to happen.

I love the pick lack of pass rush killed us 5th game on. When Poe wore down we were not getting any push up the middle. Hali was getting rode out of the play by every tackle he faced. just pushed out and ineffective. I think Hali is close to being done his value as trade bait is nill unless we want to give him away. We keep him hope we get one last good one and by then Ford will be groomed and ready to take over.

Herd some guy say that he though Ford stood a better chance of Defensive rookie of the year before Clowney due to his motor and being a student of the game. All the things Clowney isn't. Hope he is right it was on 810.

Reerun_KC
05-09-2014, 07:56 PM
I think Cooks was there player at 23. I think they thought NO would go QB if they traded up, to groom a guy for the aging Brees. Andy made no bones about really liking Cooks and he would have been a perfect fit. When NO took him the Chiefs simply took the guy they thought would be there at 23 they coveted. I don't think they had any intention of drafting JM though id love for it to happen.

I love the pick lack of pass rush killed us 5th game on. When Poe wore down we were not getting any push up the middle. Hali was getting rode out of the play by every tackle he faced. just pushed out and ineffective. I think Hali is close to being done his value as trade bait is nill unless we want to give him away. We keep him hope we get one last good one and by then Ford will be groomed and ready to take over.

Herd some guy say that he though Ford stood a better chance of Defensive rookie of the year before Clowney due to his motor and being a student of the game. All the things Clowney isn't. Hope he is right it was on 810.

Stupid groomed talk bullshit. This is nothing more then an nfl network rehashed post.

Zero personal insight with overused cliches.

srvy
05-09-2014, 09:05 PM
Stupid groomed talk bullshit. This is nothing more then an nfl network rehashed post.

Zero personal insight with overused cliches.

I dont get NFL Network so ahhhh ok.

Ragged Robin
05-09-2014, 09:25 PM
Pretty sure Reid and Dorsey were trying to get Cleveland to bite on the trade.. woops traded with the team ahead of us instead ROFL

Chiefshrink
05-09-2014, 09:35 PM
I'm ****ing sick over the fact that Johnny isn't a Chief right now.

**** !!!! Just ****!!!!

I assure you had Dorsey/Reid had Manziel in their lap we would have had a 2nd rd pick today and then some. No way would they have picked 'Scooter Manziel McGavin'. Trade down for sure on that scenario.;)

Rausch
05-09-2014, 09:41 PM
I assure you had Dorsey/Reid had Manziel in their lap we would have had a 2nd rd pick today and then some. No way would they have picked 'Scooter Manziel McGavin'. Trade down for sure on that scenario.;)

I honestly don't believe we ever wanted him...

Chiefshrink
05-09-2014, 09:45 PM
Pretty sure Reid and Dorsey were trying to get Cleveland to bite on the trade.. woops traded with the team ahead of us instead ROFL

As soon as the AS/JD info came out that talks weren't going well and the Chiefs 'might' pick a QB at 23, I said to myself this is soooooooo obvious a bluff but it worked in that it protected Ford from Philly which is exactly what they wanted. Give them credit for protecting 'their guy'.

BryanBusby
I dropped a hint yesterday that there was one QB on the Chiefs board for yesterday, and I'd bet it was Johnny Manziel which is why Andy said nothing when they asked.

Andy likes exceptionally athletic QB's and he was the best of the trio.

Chiefshrink
I honestly don't believe we ever wanted him...

I thoroughly agree.

BigRedChief
05-09-2014, 10:33 PM
This.

Andy Reid WITH Johnny Manziel could be epic.A KC media member told me that he heard that Philly was on the phone with KC when the call came in from Cleveland. They offered KC the pick for their 3rd and 6th. No solid offer from Cleveland at the time, still talking. Probably BS, disinformation or spin from someone but anyway, there it is.

htismaqe
05-09-2014, 11:07 PM
As soon as the AS/JD info came out that talks weren't going well and the Chiefs 'might' pick a QB at 23, I said to myself this is soooooooo obvious a bluff but it worked in that it protected Ford from Philly which is exactly what they wanted. Give them credit for protecting 'their guy'.

If that was their strategy, they also no intention of trading down.

Tacoman
05-09-2014, 11:41 PM
If the things written in the patriots scouting report are true, ie his lack of attending meetings and practices, and zero desire to study film, then JFF is going to get his ass handed to him on the pro level imo.

htismaqe
05-09-2014, 11:45 PM
If the things written in the patriots scouting report are true, ie his lack of attending meetings and practices, and zero desire to study film, then JFF is going to get his ass handed to him on the pro level imo.

There is absolutely zero chance that was real. Less than zero even.

BossChief
05-10-2014, 12:22 AM
Manziels football knowledge and iq is very high.

That doesn't come by not putting the work in.

BigMeatballDave
05-10-2014, 03:02 AM
Manziels football knowledge and iq is very high.

That doesn't come by not putting the work in.

It's the lack of college ball that turns me off.

2 words: Mark. Sanchez.

YontsRBake
05-10-2014, 04:53 AM
You guys would really rather have JFF than Petty, Mariota or Winston?

The QB class next year is the best in a while.

Fish
05-10-2014, 08:11 AM
There is absolutely zero chance that was real. Less than zero even.

But it had a Bro Bible watermark. It had to be true..

htismaqe
05-10-2014, 08:45 AM
You guys would really rather have JFF than Petty, Mariota or Winston?

Mariota and Winston?

GTFO

Snapplez
05-10-2014, 08:48 AM

This is said literally every year, and we always find some excuse to not take any.

Simply Red
05-10-2014, 09:11 AM
Sal Pal is a ****ing no talent idiot. Not sure how he keeps a job at ESPN.

mhm

Anyong Bluth
05-10-2014, 09:12 AM
This is said literally every year, and we always find some excuse to not take any.

I believe 0 people said this about last year's draft after Luck, RG3, etc, etc, etc the year before.

That's zero, and an airtight assumption, so it can't be literally.

WhiteWhale
05-10-2014, 11:57 AM
It's the lack of college ball that turns me off.

2 words: Mark. Sanchez.

So the fact that he started more college games than multiple current and future HOF QB's is alarming to you?

If you want to say his age along with the lack of maturity will hinder him, that's valid. Two seasons of being the most dominant player in NCAA is enough time on the field to transition to the NFL.

Dante84
05-16-2014, 09:25 AM
Bump for relevence

ptlyon
05-16-2014, 10:24 AM
Apparently not relevant