PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs This Defense...

Mr_Tomahawk
05-09-2014, 08:51 PM
....is getting better. :clap:

I am thrilled we addressed our pass-rush and secondary with our first two picks. It was evident in the 2nd half of the season that these two areas were in desperate need of an upgrade. A+ to our draft thus far in terms of need. :p

I'm game with going WR in the 4th now.

1- OLB
3- CB

4- WR?
5- OL?
6- DT?
6- WR?

Hoover
05-09-2014, 08:52 PM
I agree. You can get WRs, OG, and FS's in the later rounds of the draft.

Mr_Tomahawk
2nd best pass rusher.

Best CB....?

Shane Alexander ‏@A1Gsports 8m
Phillip Gaines could be the best CB in this draft. Kansas City gets a steal at this point. I really like what the Chiefs have done.

Rausch
Gaines needs a lot of work.

That's a pick taken on potential and not production.

With injury concerns...

New World Order
05-09-2014, 08:53 PM
Getting better? When is Dee Ford going to play?

Mr_Tomahawk
05-09-2014, 08:54 PM
Jeff Rosen ‏@jeff_rosen88 1m
From Rice beat writer @Joseph_Duarte: Gaines was one of nation's leaders w/18 breakups as jr but few teams threw to his side as sr. #Chiefs

Red Dawg
05-09-2014, 08:54 PM
Gaines needs a lot of work.

That's a pick taken on potential and not production.

With injury concerns...

Shut up. All draft picks need work and the nfl guys think this kid is good.

Red Dawg
05-09-2014, 08:55 PM
Jeff Rosen ‏@jeff_rosen88 1m
From Rice beat writer @Joseph_Duarte: Gaines was one of nation's leaders w/18 breakups as jr but few teams threw to his side as sr. #Chiefs

Good pick

notorious
05-09-2014, 08:55 PM
The moment Lewis was gone this team got better.

I am liking the picks so far.

mcaj22
05-09-2014, 08:56 PM
an already stacked defense gets even more stacked with more high pick investment

the excuses need to stop for this defense and they need to start winning games/shutting good (the important word here) teams down.

Mr_Tomahawk
05-09-2014, 08:56 PM
Herbie Teope ‏@HerbieTeope 3m
Phillip Gaines a 2-time, All-CUSA selection. Set a school record with breaking up 38 passes in career. Played in 52 games (40 starts).

Ragged Robin
05-09-2014, 08:57 PM
Neither Ford or Gaines are significant upgrades to the defense. Slight.. maybe. Neither will even be starters when the season begins..

Bewbies
05-09-2014, 08:57 PM
Herbie Teope ‏@HerbieTeope 3m
Phillip Gaines a 2-time, All-CUSA selection. Set a school record with breaking up 38 passes in career. Played in 52 games (40 starts).

Major durability risk there. Only played in 52 games?

Bewbies
05-09-2014, 08:58 PM
Neither Ford or Gaines are significant upgrades to the defense. Slight.. maybe. Neither will even be starters when the season begins..

I'm sure your mom said the same thing about you and your family the day you were born.

Hoover
05-09-2014, 08:58 PM
40 starts in college, how many do you think he should have?

Mr_Tomahawk
05-09-2014, 08:59 PM
Major durability risk there. Only played in 52 games?

only? :hmmm:

Hoover
05-09-2014, 09:00 PM
http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/steelers-nfl-draft-prospects-scouting-video-2014/2014/4/11/5544360/2014-nfl-draft-prospects-phillip-gaines-rice-scouting-report-film-breakdown

Rausch
05-09-2014, 09:02 PM

I'd bet Gaines takes Flower's spot covering the slot. He's got the quickness and likes to get his hands on people.

It makes the most sense anyway.

New World Order
When is Dee Ford going to play?

Someone answer my question.

Bewbies
only? :hmmm:

Sarcasm must be a second language for you.

Bewbies
05-09-2014, 09:03 PM

He won't. He'll spend his career in the training room.

milkman
05-09-2014, 09:05 PM

FS's on the later rounds?

You mean like Kendrick Lewis?

Mr_Tomahawk
Sarcasm must be a second language for you.

Well received on an internet forum...

New World Order
He won't. He'll spend his career in the training room.

If Tamba and Houston are on the field where will Dee Ford play?

How does this pick dramatically improve our defense?

Rausch
05-09-2014, 09:06 PM
http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/steelers-nfl-draft-prospects-scouting-video-2014/2014/4/11/5544360/2014-nfl-draft-prospects-phillip-gaines-rice-scouting-report-film-breakdown

Good article.

His upside is a Deion Saunders type of defensive player. Huge range, smart player, and great closing speed.

Downside is alson Deion Saunders. Not a tackler...

Gaines biggest weakness I have seen on tape is his strength. He is thinly built and underdeveloped muscularly. He was only able to do 11 reps during the bench press at the Combine. In the three full games I watched Gaines was targeted 14 times. He broke up four passes, intercepted a fifth and allowed only four catches. Of those four catches three were on comeback routes and the fourth was on a back shoulder pass. In each case he was facing a bigger receiver who used their superior strength to get separation. This might be a concern to heavy man-to-man coverage teams. Gaines will need to improve his strength to become better in man-to-man coverage. The lack of strength also makes it hard for Gaines to get off blocks in the run game or on screens.

Ragged Robin
05-09-2014, 09:07 PM

Exactly. Maybe 1-2 years from now he'll be a starter but for now he'll only be used to spell Hali in obvious passing situations. Same with Gaines, he might see the field in Nickel packages this year.. Chiefs only got worse during the offseason while the rest of the division made significant improvements.

Bewbies

Base 3-4 on every down, no breathers ever.

Chieftain58
Trust me with all these WR's taken in the draft a proven veteran will be released and we will sign him... mark my words!

Bewbies
05-09-2014, 09:08 PM
Exactly. Maybe 1-2 years from now he'll be a starter but for now he'll only be used to spell Hali in obvious passing situations. Same with Gaines, he might see the field in Nickel packages this year.. Chiefs only got worse during the offseason while the rest of the division made significant improvements.

Does your breath stink more when you only breathe out of your mouth?

Ragged Robin
05-09-2014, 09:09 PM
I'm sure your mom said the same thing about you and your family the day you were born.

Does your breath stink more when you only breathe out of your mouth?

Are you like.. 13 years old? ROFL

Mr. Arrowhead

when brokedown tamba tears his hamstring in week 2

Rausch
Trust me with all these WR's taken in the draft a proven veteran will be released and we will sign him... mark my words!

That's what I was hoping for.

Bowe works like our Vernon Davis, Avery is our (only) deep threat, and we need a solid possession guy...

Rausch
05-09-2014, 09:10 PM

Name some not associated with the Chiefs...

RunKC
05-09-2014, 09:10 PM
They looked at the tape and got tired of watching this shit..

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/assets/3808421/lucktd.gif

Gaines is a HUGE upgrade over Dunta Robinson. Hell my grandma is a huge upgrade over him.

Ragged Robin
05-09-2014, 09:11 PM
That's what I was hoping for.

Bowe works like our Vernon Davis, Avery is our (only) deep threat, and we need a solid possession guy...

Wow let's not get carried away ROFL Vernon Davis is a beast and is a freak talent at his position. Watching Bowe on the field is like Where's Waldo LMAO LMAO

Mr_Tomahawk
05-09-2014, 09:12 PM
Jinx ‏@JinxFootball 10m
Chiefs fans freaking out about a WR, one that will get 30-40 targets all year? chill

Arrowhead Addict ‏@ArrowheadAddict 1m
Just a reminder to everyone and myself:

The Chiefs scored 44 points in a playoff game on the road without Jamaal Charles.

…And lost.

Sully
05-09-2014, 09:16 PM

Game 1.
You see, several years ago the NFL changed the rules and began allowing subs. Since then there has been a growth of specialization based on down, distance, and packages. This allows teams to both give players a breather, and also be creative with their defenses. Even still, there is not, contrary to popular belief, a rule saying Houston, Hali, and Ford can't be in the game at the same time. It's really a fun game to watch. I recommend you try it sometime!

Bewbies
05-09-2014, 09:17 PM
Are you like.. 13 years old? ROFL

No, I'm 12.

Inches.

chiefzilla1501
05-09-2014, 09:20 PM
Well... they'll be a little better this year on Defense. These guys are going to play in subpackages most of the year. But these are the kinds of gambles we should be making. This has been an aggressive draft for a team that loves to draft linemen and role players.

CaliforniaChief
05-09-2014, 09:24 PM
Ford will get plenty of playing time. They'll rotate him in, keeping Hali and Houston fresh. They'll also use some hybrid defenses that will have all 3 guys in at once.

mcaj22
05-09-2014, 09:28 PM
i'd rather see these guys than ****ing Dunta Robinson and Frank Zombo playing these spots last year and playing way too much.

now if they can just do the same thing for Joe May's position tomorrow we would be set.

New World Order
05-09-2014, 09:52 PM
Game 1.
You see, several years ago the NFL changed the rules and began allowing subs. Since then there has been a growth of specialization based on down, distance, and packages. This allows teams to both give players a breather, and also be creative with their defenses. Even still, there is not, contrary to popular belief, a rule saying Houston, Hali, and Ford can't be in the game at the same time. It's really a fun game to watch. I recommend you try it sometime!

So he only plays barring a catastrophic injury or when one of our elite pass rushers gets tired.

And we drafted him in the first round.

Great.

New World Order
05-09-2014, 09:53 PM
Ford will get plenty of playing time. They'll rotate him in, keeping Hali and Houston fresh. They'll also use some hybrid defenses that will have all 3 guys in at once.

And teams will just audible to a run on his side.

Beef Supreme
05-09-2014, 09:55 PM
i'd rather see these guys than ****ing Dunta Robinson and Frank Zombo playing these spots last year and playing way too much.

now if they can just do the same thing for Joe May's position tomorrow we would be set.

Have we already written off Nico Johnson?

Saccopoo
05-09-2014, 09:58 PM

I'm okay with both Ford and Gaines.

But they better fucking address the O-line and WR positions tomorrow.

chiefzilla1501
05-09-2014, 10:00 PM
So he only plays barring a catastrophic injury or when one of our elite pass rushers gets tired.

Great.

I seriously can't believe people are bitching about taking a pass rusher in the first round because we already have two.

Iconic
05-09-2014, 10:04 PM

THIS. We need to draft a coverage ILB. I consider this a higher priority than FS considering Commings is still on the roster.

htismaqe
05-09-2014, 10:05 PM
I'm okay with both Ford and Gaines.

But they better fucking address the O-line and WR positions tomorrow.

They can do without linemen. There's LBs and more DBs out there.

RunKC
05-09-2014, 10:07 PM
If this team got Telvin Smith tomorrow...

This defense should already by top 10 next year..but goddamn.

milkman
05-09-2014, 10:08 PM
THIS. We need to draft a coverage ILB. I consider this a higher priority than FS considering Commings is still on the roster.

The FS is on the field for every down as the last line of defense for the deep passes.

If and ILB is abused in pass coverage, there are at least people behind him to clean up his mess.

Sanders Commings has done jack to warrant any confidence.

We need an ILB, to be sure, but to suggest that it's a bigger need than FS right now is just assinine,

Reerun_KC
05-09-2014, 10:10 PM
Bob Sutton. When failure isn't good enough.

Iconic
05-09-2014, 10:10 PM
If this team got Telvin Smith tomorrow...

This defense should already by top 10 next year..but goddamn.

I would consider this the greatest defensive draft ever if we managed to pull this off... too bad CP will implode if we don't get a WR though.

htismaqe
05-09-2014, 10:11 PM
Jinx ‏@JinxFootball 10m
Chiefs fans freaking out about a WR, one that will get 30-40 targets all year? chill

Voice of fucking reason.

htismaqe
05-09-2014, 10:12 PM
The FS is on the field for every down as the last line of defense for the deep passes.

If and ILB is abused in pass coverage, there are at least people behind him to clean up his mess.

We need an ILB, to be sure, but to suggest that it's a bigger need than FS right now is just assinine,

FS is a need, but Abdullah is the starter at FS right now, not Commings.

Iconic
05-09-2014, 10:15 PM

I realize that, and understand why you would think it's absurd. But the fact remains, the Chiefs have gone all the way to round 3 without selecting a replacement at FS. This can only mean they see something in Commings/Abdullah that we don't... because there's no way we are finding an impact FS at this point.

Rausch
05-09-2014, 10:15 PM

Well, yeah.

I mean when you realize that we're using the draft to cover for our complete failure in free agency it looks much better...

...wait.

milkman
05-09-2014, 10:16 PM
FS is a need, but Abdullah is the starter at FS right now, not Commings.

Don't care which of those 2 is penciled in right now.

I don't think Abdullah has the tools to be a good fit, and Sanders Commings is a conversion project.

FS is, as of this moment in time, and until otherwise proven, the single most gapong hole on this roster, and the single greatest need.

milkman
05-09-2014, 10:18 PM
I realize that, and understand why you would think it's absurd. But the fact remains, the Chiefs have gone all the way to round 3 without selecting a replacement at FS. This can only mean they see something in Commings (or on the roster) that we don't... because there's no way we are finding an impact FS at this point.

How much could they have seen from Commings, who spent the majority of last season in the tub, not on the field?

They are just gambling and hoping.

bigjosh
05-09-2014, 10:18 PM

Great.

Wipe your fucking pussy.

They arent just drafting for this year you stupid ass.

milkman
05-09-2014, 10:20 PM
Wipe your ****ing pussy.

You damn well better be drafting for this year in the first round.

Rausch
05-09-2014, 10:20 PM
FS is, as of this moment in time, and until otherwise proven, the single most gapong hole on this roster, and the single greatest need.

Absolutely.

As far as what we currently have on roster the best fixes would be Abdullah or Flowers at FS.

No, I don't think that's a good situation.

I think Abdullah is excellent depth and could fill in short term during injury. I like having him on the roster.

I don't like having to depend on him though...

Rausch
05-09-2014, 10:21 PM
You damn well better be drafting for this year in the first round.

This...

chiefzilla1501
05-09-2014, 10:21 PM

I don't think Abdullah has the tools to be a good fit, and Sanders Commings is a conversion project.

What's interesting about the Rex Ryan defense is, ever since he went to the Jets and didn't have Ed Reed, he's never had a fast Free Safety. I think Abdullah could play the position fine. I was mostly worried about his speed. But he's not that much slower than Kerry Rhodes, Brodney Pool, or Antonio Allen.

I have no idea why they do that is. But apparently, Ryan disciples don't seem to care about Free Safeties. Even in Calvin Pryor, they either got themselves a slower free safety or yet another strong safety.

jonzie04
05-09-2014, 10:26 PM
Id splode all over my keyboard if we could get telvin. I probably like him even more than jones.

splatbass
05-09-2014, 10:29 PM

They are building for the future. Someone has to look farther ahead than this season. Clearly you aren't capable of that.

jonzie04
05-09-2014, 10:32 PM
They are building for the future. Someone has to look farther ahead than this season. Clearly you aren't capable of that.

I agree with this philosophy. Id much rather them take guys like ford and gaines who they believr can make a big impact in the future. Than a mediocre wr or safety who can fill a hole now with far less upside in the future.

Ragged Robin
05-09-2014, 10:34 PM
I agree with this philosophy. Id much rather them take guys like ford and gaines who they believr can make a big impact in the future. Than a mediocre wr or safety who can fill a hole now with far less upside in the future.

I would much rather take guys who can fill a hole now with far much more upside than mediocre depth players who at best could possibly be starters in 1-2 years time. See? I can play this game too.

Rausch
05-09-2014, 10:36 PM
I would much rather take guys who can fill a hole now with far much more upside than mediocre depth players who at best could possibly be starters in 1-2 years time. See? I can play this game too.

ALL the talent on this team will be descending or gone in 3 years.

Every pro bowl player we have will be gone or worse than they are today in 3 years.

We do have a window here people...

chiefzilla1501
05-09-2014, 10:37 PM

If you aren't taking BPA, you are taking a guy you believe is a less talented player. It's not like we took a fucking guard. We took two players who play traditionally expensive positions that are difficult to draft for.

Rausch
05-09-2014, 10:40 PM
If you aren't taking BPA, you are taking a guy you believe is a less talented player.

Not this year.

This draft was so deep you could draft in both rounds 1 and 2 for need only and still get guys who should be starters.

Most teams did. This draft was very predictable other than San Fran being media whores and flexing their 12 draft pick muscle...

splatbass
05-09-2014, 10:42 PM
ALL the talent on this team will be descending or gone in 3 years.

Every pro bowl player we have will be gone or worse than they are today in 3 years.

We do have a window here people...

That is why you draft for the future. You have to replace those guys, and you can't wait until they are done to do it.

BryanBusby
idk if the Chiefs are gonna be better on Defense, but they're gonna be cheaper and better down the road.

CP is being fickle. "We can't fucking win jack shit with Alex Smith" "Why the fuck aren't we loading up to win now??"

Simply Red

I pray you were never let into another BOS aside from the Coast Guard.

chiefzilla1501
Not this year.

This draft was so deep you could draft in both rounds 1 and 2 for need only and still get guys who should be starters.

Most teams did. This draft was very predictable other than San Fran being media whores and flexing their 12 draft pick muscle...

Or you could pick the guy you think has the highest upside. I'm not sure about the Ford and Gaines pick. But their upside is pretty damn good for where they were taken.

Rausch
05-09-2014, 10:45 PM
Or you could pick the guy you think has the highest upside. I'm not sure about the Ford and Gaines pick. But their upside is pretty damn good for where they were taken.

Or, it's fucking stupid when there are guys with the talent to start for you at positions of need (S/CB/ILB/WR) that fell and would have been steals at both our picks...

chiefzilla1501
05-09-2014, 10:49 PM
Or, it's ****ing stupid when there are guys with the talent to start for you at positions of need (S/CB/ILB/WR) that fell and would have been steals at both our picks...

If Dee Ford ends up being a good pass rusher, that trumps every single position but QB. You can never have enough pass rushers and even better when your pass rusher is 31 years old and getting paid $11M.

chiefzilla1501
05-09-2014, 10:50 PM
idk if the Chiefs are gonna be better on Defense, but they're gonna be cheaper and better down the road.

CP is being fickle. "We can't ****ing win jack shit with Alex Smith" "Why the **** aren't we loading up to win now??"

It's also interesting that these same people would have been ecstatic if we drafted Derek Carr or even Johnny Football in the first. Nevermind that Alex Smith is our QB this year no matter what.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-09-2014, 10:57 PM
Should be a fun year. Hilarious seeing the bitching about receiver when the team scored 35 PPG the 2nd half last year. Defensive depth is the BIGGEST need by far and they may have hit two home runs

htismaqe
05-09-2014, 10:58 PM

What were they going to do?

Take Jimmie Ward or Buccannon and HOPE they could play FS even though they are strong safeties?

The only free safeties that went in the 2nd OR 3rd round were Southward and Brooks. Gaines is a better pick than both of them.

Dunerdr
05-09-2014, 11:00 PM
These are the kind of rotational guys that keep elite defenses like the Seahawks fresh.

htismaqe
05-09-2014, 11:01 PM

First of all, this doesn't even make sense.

Ready now generally means high floor. More upside generally means they need to be developed.

Do you want guys who can start now and have potential capped or do you want upside guys who can potentially be developed into stars?

Furthermore, Ford and Gaines have as much upside as anyone in this draft.

Anyong Bluth
05-09-2014, 11:02 PM

From the article :

Don't be surprised when Gaines ends up being drafted on Day 2 of the 2014 NFL draft because his play justifies just that.

htismaqe
05-09-2014, 11:03 PM
Or, it's fucking stupid when there are guys with the talent to start for you at positions of need (S/CB/ILB/WR) that fell and would have been steals at both our picks...

Who?

Name them.

There weren't ANY free safeties available that fit the mold.

We got one of the better CBs available in the 3rd.

And if anybody thinks a 1st year, 3rd round WR was going to come in here and light it up in an Andy Reid offense, with Alex Smith at QB, they're fucking kidding themselves.

htismaqe
05-09-2014, 11:04 PM
It's also interesting that these same people would have been ecstatic if we drafted Derek Carr or even Johnny Football in the first. Nevermind that Alex Smith is our QB this year no matter what.

And probably the next 5-6 years, too.

Exoter175
05-09-2014, 11:17 PM
I've heard and read some of the big talking heads talking about BOTH of our draft picks being "steals" if that's the case, I'd consider this one hell of a draft for the lack of picks in the top 100 lol.

Exoter175
05-09-2014, 11:19 PM
....is getting better. :clap:

I am thrilled we addressed our pass-rush and secondary with our first two picks. It was evident in the 2nd half of the season that these two areas were in desperate need of an upgrade. A+ to our draft thus far in terms of need. :p

I'm game with going WR in the 4th now.

1- OLB
3- CB

4- WR?
5- OL?
6- DT?
6- WR?

I don't think it'll happen, but if you can get Telvin in the 4th or even move up to get him, you'd be rock solid on the defense for quite some time. You can snag one of the better slot projects in the 6th

chiefzilla1501
05-09-2014, 11:36 PM

I hope not. But it does seem that Reid does want to bring in young QBs, so at least there's that.

BryanBusby
05-09-2014, 11:38 PM
Alex Smith isn't going to last that long physically and Reid will cut bait before his drop off a cliff moment.

Rasputin
05-09-2014, 11:40 PM
Honesty teams are going have their hands full trying to block D Poe, Dee Ford, Hali, Houston and blitz packages with corners or DJ & the kitchen sink. I think we can bring some heat to the pocket and make quarterbacks panic & even Peyton Manning is going tremble.

htismaqe
05-09-2014, 11:44 PM
I hope not. But it does seem that Reid does want to bring in young QBs, so at least there's that.

I don't necessarily want him here that long. But I don't think it's a big stretch to think he will be. It's entirely possible.

Easy 6
05-09-2014, 11:47 PM
Pick 3 was a limp noodle, but the defensive slant to this draft is hard to argue with/hai Seattle.

BryanBusby
05-09-2014, 11:48 PM
I don't necessarily want him here that long. But I don't think it's a big stretch to think he will be. It's entirely possible.
I don't think he even stuck with McNabb for that long.

Rasputin
05-09-2014, 11:49 PM
If Dee Ford ends up being a good pass rusher, that trumps every single position but QB. You can never have enough pass rushers and even better when your pass rusher is 31 years old and getting paid $11M.

Having that pass rusher certainly helps the backfield so that they don't have to cover as long and quarterbacks are able to pick us apart.

I'm just hoping we set ourselves up for a quality qb draft pick in the next years draft & get one everybody is going to love. I'm upset we didn't yet again this year draft a quarterback in the first but also happy with what we got for a pass rushing DE Dee Ford. I'm going expect a great deal of fun watching him zip around tackles & make plays in the backfield. So I can be happy & upset at the same time just trying to rationalize the pick.

Saccopoo
05-09-2014, 11:55 PM
Jesus fucking Christ.

Ryan Shazier looks like Andre the Giant compared to Telvin Smith.

WTF is this shit about drafting this scrawny motherfucker? Just where in the hell do you think this guy is going to play in this system?

This place has lost it's fucking mind.

Fuck, fuck, fuckity fuck.

htismaqe
05-09-2014, 11:55 PM
I don't think he even stuck with McNabb for that long.

He didn't start with McNabb when McNabb was 28 either.

htismaqe
05-09-2014, 11:56 PM
Jesus fucking Christ.

Ryan Shazier looks like Andre the Giant compared to Telvin Smith.

WTF is this shit about drafting this scrawny motherfucker? Just where in the hell do you think this guy is going to play in this system?

This place has lost it's fucking mind.

Fuck, fuck, fuckity fuck.

:D

Rausch
05-09-2014, 11:59 PM
Who?

Name them.

There weren't ANY free safeties available that fit the mold.

We got one of the better CBs available in the 3rd.

Very true. The S were gone.

In fact I thought a lot of teams reached there.

And if anybody thinks a 1st year, 3rd round WR was going to come in here and light it up in an Andy Reid offense, with Alex Smith at QB, they're ****ing kidding themselves.

This draft had both value and need way beyond the 2nd round.

For instance: If we had given up our 3rd and 4th to move three spots up and grab Clinton-Dix would anyone have had an argument against that?

If you do, you're ****ing nuts.

Both need and talent.

We could have done the same thing at QB had that been the pick we wanted (I did not. Not a JFF guy.)

Long story short we spent two days in the draft and did NOTHING to address our biggest weaknesses.

BryanBusby
05-09-2014, 11:59 PM
He didn't start with McNabb when McNabb was 28 either.
That's irrelevant. Andy is going to have a successor in place and ready to roll before you really think it's time to swap out.

Now granted it's different this time because we hate Alex Smith and any QB from SF, but Andy is going to keep one foot out the door to his next QB to love.

The ink was still a bit fresh on the Vick contract and he took Foles. McNabb was still doing well and he took Kolb.

One of the highs on Alex Smith is how he uses his legs to make positive plays. He's not going to be doing that in his mid 30's.

htismaqe
05-10-2014, 12:01 AM
Very true.

In fact I thought a lot of teams reached.

For instance: If we had given up our 3rd and 4th to move three spots up and grab Clinton-Dix would anyone have had an argument against that?

If you do, you're fucking nuts.

Both need and talent.

We could have done the same thing at QB had that been the pick we wanted (I did not. Not a JFF guy.)

Long story short we spent two days in the draft and did NOTHING to address our biggest weaknesses.

We were already short our 2nd rounder. Trading our 3rd and 4th for Clinton Dix would have been flat out retarded.

He's not THAT good.

And no, we didn't address WR or FS. But if you look at the way the draft broke, we would have had to give up ridiculous value to address those needs. Good teams don't do that. Ever.

htismaqe
05-10-2014, 12:03 AM
That's irrelevant. Andy is going to have a successor in place and ready to roll before you really think it's time to swap out.

Now granted it's different this time because we hate Alex Smith and any QB from SF, but Andy is going to keep one foot out the door to his next QB to love.

The ink was still a bit fresh on the Vick contract and he took Foles. McNabb was still doing well and he took Kolb.

One of the highs on Alex Smith is how he uses his legs to make positive plays. He's not going to be doing that in his mid 30's.

I didn't say it was a sure thing. And I sure as hell don't think Andy is going to stall on finding the next man up.

But it's also not unrealistic to think that Alex Smith is the penciled-in starter for the foreseeable future and anybody we draft is for developmental purposes only.

jd1020
05-10-2014, 12:04 AM
But it's also not unrealistic to think that Alex Smith is the penciled-in starter for the foreseeable future and anybody we draft is for developmental purposes only.

Currently it is, since he's only inked for 1 more year, which is more final than a pencil.

htismaqe
05-10-2014, 12:09 AM
Currently it is, since he's only inked for 1 more year, which is more final than a pencil.

They're not going to let him go with nothing behind him. Surely you don't believe that?

jd1020
05-10-2014, 12:10 AM
They're not going to let him go with nothing behind him. Surely you don't believe that?

Nothing behind him?

We've got mother****in Daniel and pimp daddy Bray!!!!!

Did you witness Daniel against SD? Man's a fucking stud muffin. I can see why the Saints were so eager to let him go get a chance to be someone elses backup.

htismaqe
05-10-2014, 12:10 AM
Nothing behind him?

ROFL

OK, let me rephrase.

They're not going to let him go with less than nothing behind him. Surely you don't believe that?

Discuss Thrower
05-10-2014, 12:11 AM
Someone's gotta get moved to safety, right?

Exoter175
05-10-2014, 12:11 AM
Nothing behind him?

Did you witness Daniel against SD? Man's a fucking stud muffin. I can see why the Saints were so eager to let him go get a chance to be someone elses backup.

So........nobodies lol

jd1020
05-10-2014, 12:13 AM
ROFL

OK, let me rephrase.

They're not going to let him go with less than nothing behind him. Surely you don't believe that?

I believe they may not have a choice.

I refuse to believe that this team wants to retain Smith at any cost necessary.

This team appears to be all about replacing veterans. Smith is a replaceable veteran and can be replaced with a mid rounder.

LiL stumppy
05-10-2014, 12:17 AM
Wipe your fucking pussy.

..He has a point, we are drafting for the future when we just made it to the playoffs? I am all for it if we can find a way to get them all on the field, I am not sure how that will happen as of right now.

htismaqe
05-10-2014, 12:18 AM

I don't think so. I'm not real keen on the idea but they seem set with using Abdullah as the starter.

chiefzilla1501
05-10-2014, 12:19 AM
..He has a point, we are drafting for the future when we just made it to the playoffs? I am all for it if we can find a way to get them all on the field, I am not sure how that will happen as of right now.

I am sure Marqise Lee puts us right in contention with a restacked denver and new england team, let alone Seattle, San Fran, and New Orleans.

htismaqe
05-10-2014, 12:20 AM

I think if they were truly worried about not being able to reach an equitable agreement, we would have seen more urgency around the QB position.

I know it sucks to think it but I fully expect to see Smith get a contract somewhere around 25% larger than what Cassel got, say 5 years, $85M.

Just Passin' By
05-10-2014, 12:22 AM

This team appears to be all about replacing veterans. Smith is a replaceable veteran and can be replaced with a mid rounder.

Neither Hali nor Flowers are their guys.

Smith, on the other hand, is definitely their guy.

jd1020
05-10-2014, 12:24 AM
I think if they were truly worried about not being able to reach an equitable agreement, we would have seen more urgency around the QB position.

I know it sucks to think it but I fully expect to see Smith get a contract somewhere around 25% larger than what Cassel got, say 5 years, $85M.

Still 4 picks left and some moldable QBs on the board.

They missed out on Manziel. You can say what you want with the whole chess match thing and how they played the Eagles. The Eagles played themselves. They had the pick and could have taken Ford if they really wanted him that bad, but they traded their pick to a team who wanted Manziel. Who's to say that Manziel wasn't #1 on the Chiefs remaining board and Ford was #2? Reid and Dorsey weren't as fast to say they got their guy in Ford when asked if they would have taken Manziel as they were when they drafted Gaines.

Rausch
05-10-2014, 12:26 AM
But if you look at the way the draft broke, we would have had to give up ridiculous value to address those needs. Good teams don't do that. Ever.

We are not a good team.

We need to fight a culture of failure with extra $$$ just to get free agents.

htismaqe
05-10-2014, 12:28 AM
Still 4 picks left and some moldable QBs on the board.

They missed out on Manziel. You can say what you want with the whole chess match thing and how they played the Eagles. The Eagles played themselves. They had the pick and could have taken Ford if they really wanted him that bad, but they traded their pick to a team who wanted Manziel. Who's to say that Manziel wasn't #1 on the Chiefs remaining board and Ford was #2?

If the Chiefs really wanted Manziel, leaking rumors was the stupidest thing they could have ever done. It's the only reason Cleveland called Philly.

And as far as moldable QBs, there isn't a single guy available that will likely ever play at the level Alex Smith has played at the last 3 years. If we're going to let him walk after next season, we better damn well have a better plan than Aaron Murray or AJ McCarron...

htismaqe
05-10-2014, 12:29 AM
We are not a good team.

We need to fight a culture of failure with extra $$$ just to get free agents.

That doesn't mean we should draft value out the window and reach for needs.

KC Dan
05-10-2014, 12:29 AM
I am sure Marqise Lee puts us right in contention with a restacked denver and new england team, let alone Seattle, San Fran, and New Orleans.

Are you high? Seriously. We need far to much on the defensive side to say that. You might want to look at the second half of last at season highlights again. Wake up

BryanBusby
05-10-2014, 12:30 AM
Are you high? Seriously. We need far to much on the defensive side to say that. You might want to look at the second half of last at season highlights again. Wake up

You must be the high one.

jd1020
05-10-2014, 12:30 AM
If the Chiefs really wanted Manziel, leaking rumors was the stupidest thing they could have ever done. It's the only reason Cleveland called Philly.

I'm sure teams dont need random twitter feeds to have an idea of who might be on who's watch list.

It wouldn't take Einstein to realize that a team with a starter on contract for 1 more year might potentially be looking to take a QB who by everyone's opinion has fallen quite a bit down the board.

Rausch
05-10-2014, 12:33 AM
That doesn't mean we should draft value out the window and reach for needs.

That's my entire point: this draft was so full of talent NO ONE in the first two rounds had to sacrifice talent for need.

Pass rushers and ILB's were the weak areas.

SO DON'T FUCKING TAKE THEM!

We're drafting guys WE HOPE will be good enough to replace guys we plan to cut next year.

That's......just fucking stupid...

htismaqe
05-10-2014, 12:36 AM
That's my entire point: this draft was so full of talent NO ONE in the first two rounds had to sacrifice talent for need.

Pass rushers and ILB's were the weak areas.

SO DON'T FUCKING TAKE THEM!

We're drafting guys WE HOPE will be good enough to replace guys we plan to cut next year.

That's......just fucking stupid...

What ILB did we pass on?

chiefzilla1501
05-10-2014, 12:37 AM

I am sure Marqise Lee will fix our defense as our Nose Tackle and then we can beat Seattle

Anyong Bluth
05-10-2014, 12:39 AM
Very true. The S were gone.

In fact I thought a lot of teams reached there.

If you do, you're ****ing nuts.

Both need and talent.

No way. I don't think that there was a player they could have reasonable got that was worth having 1 pick in the first 4 rounds. Dix certainly isn't worth only 1 pick until your next pick at 163.

People pissed about missing out on the 2nd round- they'd be going apeshit watching 2... then 3.... then 4... and 3/4 of the way through round 5 before making a 2nd selection!

LiL stumppy
05-10-2014, 12:50 AM

That has nothing to do with what I said..

Rausch
05-10-2014, 12:53 AM
People pissed about missing out on the 2nd round- they'd be going apeshit watching 2... then 3.... then 4... and 3/4 of the way through round 5 before making a 2nd selection!

Who's fucking fault was that?

FloridaMan88
05-10-2014, 12:58 AM

And the last time the Chiefs successfully drafted a WR in the later rounds was when?

Rausch
05-10-2014, 01:03 AM
And the last time the Chiefs successfully drafted a WR in the later rounds was when?

Joe Horn...

Anyong Bluth
05-10-2014, 01:06 AM
Who's fucking fault was that?

Nobody's. We have our 3rd and 4th rounder.

chiefzilla1501
05-10-2014, 01:21 AM
That has nothing to do with what I said..

If these guys aren't the difference between a super bowl and not a super bowl, then who cares if they see the field all the time in year 1?

New World Order
05-10-2014, 03:51 AM
Wipe your ****ing pussy.

Our core players (especially on offense) aren't exactly young. Why would you draft 2 developmental type players?

You stupid ass

michaelj_58
05-10-2014, 03:57 AM
rotating with tamba and houston so they stay fresh.

PA Chiefs
05-10-2014, 04:14 AM
Both players we took are super athletic and produced in college. Ford did it in the SEC against the best talent. I get that we need other upgrades but we got great value so far. The draft isn't over and we still have picks left, but so far so good.

Rasputin
05-10-2014, 06:22 AM
I like picking for future success for years to come & not picking just to win now & fill holes.

I'm warming up to these picks pretty quick. Just would like to draft a quarterback in a top round one year so we can have a long term solution at quarterback.

I think our defense got better as long as both of them stay healthy & on task.

Anyong Bluth
05-10-2014, 07:14 AM
I like picking for future success for years to come & not picking just to win now & fill holes.

I'm warming up to these picks pretty quick. Just would like to draft a quarterback in a top round one year so we can have a long term solution at quarterback.

I think our defense got better as long as both of them stay healthy & on task.

Won't be shocked when they do pick a QB high in the next 2-3 years.

notorious
05-10-2014, 07:31 AM
Won't be shocked when they do pick a QB high in the next 2-3 years.

Sigh.

chiefzilla1501
05-10-2014, 07:49 AM
Our core players (especially on offense) aren't exactly young. Why would you draft 2 developmental type players?

You stupid ass

The core of players who won us zero playoff games in their career? The two AFC Championship teams have hall of fame QBs and spent a shitload of money to get better. We're really going to walk in with the mentality that we only have 2 years left in the window? If these two picks pan out, that transitions Hali and Flowers. Who's left in that aging core? DJ and Charles? So we're going to say the window shuts because we lost an ILB and a RB?

The Chiefs can build around a core of Alex Smith, Berry, Houston, and Poe. They are playmakers who play game-changing roles and they all have at least 5 years left in them. If Ford and Gaines become good players, they play important enough roles that they could be in the future core too. And guess what, when guys like Hali and Flowers go away, their contracts go with them which frees up money to buy more talent. The idea that we have a 2 year window is complete nonsense. If this draft and the next are solid, the window stays open without having had a painful rebuild process.

milkman
05-10-2014, 08:07 AM
What were they going to do?

Take Jimmie Ward or Buccannon and HOPE they could play FS even though they are strong safeties?

The only free safeties that went in the 2nd OR 3rd round were Southward and Brooks. Gaines is a better pick than both of them.

I wasn't arguing about the picks.
I was arguing his contention that ILB is a bigger need than FS.

milkman
05-10-2014, 08:11 AM
What's interesting about the Rex Ryan defense is, ever since he went to the Jets and didn't have Ed Reed, he's never had a fast Free Safety. I think Abdullah could play the position fine. I was mostly worried about his speed. But he's not that much slower than Kerry Rhodes, Brodney Pool, or Antonio Allen.

I have no idea why they do that is. But apparently, Ryan disciples don't seem to care about Free Safeties. Even in Calvin Pryor, they either got themselves a slower free safety or yet another strong safety.

Let me know when we have the corners in the Revis and Cromartie level, to allow us to get away with not having a good FS.

chiefzilla1501
05-10-2014, 08:15 AM
Let me know when we have the corners in the Revis and Cromartie level, to allow us to get away with not having a good FS.

I'm not saying it's the right thing to do. I'm just saying it's interesting that this is what Ryan disciples are doing. Apart from Ed Reed, it doesn't seem like any of them care if their free safety has a 4.5+ 40 time.

booger
05-10-2014, 08:17 AM

Assuming flowers stays which I would say is a given. I'm sure a fourth this year and a pick next year I would consider it with how deep we are now at corner. I think it's a legit possibility Ron Parker gets a look at safety too

TEX
05-10-2014, 08:23 AM
The core of players who won us zero playoff games in their career? The two AFC Championship teams have hall of fame QBs and spent a shitload of money to get better. We're really going to walk in with the mentality that we only have 2 years left in the window? If these two picks pan out, that transitions Hali and Flowers. Who's left in that aging core? DJ and Charles? So we're going to say the window shuts because we lost an ILB and a RB?

The Chiefs can build around a core of Alex Smith, Berry, Houston, and Poe. They are playmakers who play game-changing roles and they all have at least 5 years left in them. If Ford and Gaines become good players, they play important enough roles that they could be in the future core too. And guess what, when guys like Hali and Flowers go away, their contracts go with them which frees up money to buy more talent. The idea that we have a 2 year window is complete nonsense. If this draft and the next are solid, the window stays open without having had a painful rebuild process.

All you have said is basically true but means nothing without solid O-Line play. Windows close pretty fast without it. Contrary to what you believe, a line built with many jags wont do the trick. The O-Line has far too many questions for them all to work out. Didnt have to be that way.

Halfcan
05-10-2014, 08:25 AM

You know this how? :shake:

chiefzilla1501
05-10-2014, 08:30 AM
All you have said is basically true but means nothing without solid O-Line play. Windows close pretty fast without it. Contrary to what you believe, a line built with many jags wont do the trick. The O-Line has far too many questions for them all to work out. Didnt have to be that way.

O-lines can be built in the late rounds of drafts and with bargain basement free agents. And I really don't care if we have a solid guard and center. We don't need all pros. If not signing Albert and Schwartz frees up money to keep Berry, Houston, Poe, and Smith... or... $13M buys you one blue chip free agent. That's worth it.

It's why I don't understand people who rag on comp picks. If we end up with 4 comp picks, we could easily pick starting offensive linemen out of that.

CallMeSquidwad
05-10-2014, 08:34 AM
Getting better? When is Dee Ford going to play?

Week 1 3rd down at the very latest.....Please fuck yourself and go away

CallMeSquidwad
05-10-2014, 08:39 AM
And BTW you morons on this forum are LAUGHABLY pathetic acting like PFF ratings are the be all end all but Flo's ratings were against the top guys, DeSean, Cruz, Demariyus...those guys beat everyone they played last year, would any of you morons calling him the worst out of the 3 last year have trusted Coop more than Flo? Come on now lets snap back into reality, we are talking about our best corner and one of the best in the league, so unless we are properly compensated for him we keep him because he's better than any other corner we have. period. paragraph. end of story.

Halfcan
05-10-2014, 08:39 AM
Week 1 3rd down at the very latest.....Please **** yourself and go away

Yep I doubt they drafted one of the fastest pass rushers in the draft for their first pick-only to sit him on the bench all year. :shake:

CallMeSquidwad
05-10-2014, 08:43 AM
Yep I doubt they drafted one of the fastest pass rushers in the draft for their first pick-only to sit him on the bench all year. :shake:

I cannot wait for week 1 when everyone on this forum completely flip flops on Dee Ford and calls it a genius pick when we have an even scarier pass rush than last year....We were on pace to beat the 84' Bears, then we added the best player in the nation down the stretch of college football? Oh but ofcourse everyone still has something to bitch about this, CP is a joke.

htismaqe
05-10-2014, 08:49 AM

FS should have been addressed in free agency.

They did the right thing so far in the draft.

htismaqe
05-10-2014, 08:50 AM
I cannot wait for week 1 when everyone on this forum completely flip flops on Dee Ford and calls it a genius pick when we have an even scarier pass rush than last year....We were on pace to beat the 84' Bears, then we added the best player in the nation down the stretch of college football? Oh but ofcourse everyone still has something to bitch about this, CP is a joke.

Dude, you've got passion. You love the team.

I too think people are being way too hasty with the Ford pick.

But just stop with the "CP is a joke" stuff. If you really don't like it here, leave.

Don't be a troll.

CallMeSquidwad
05-10-2014, 08:54 AM
You're talking out of your ass. The Chiefs pass rush was non-existent by the end of last year.

?????.......????Is this a Chargers fan? If you watched a single game of ours you would have known that we were on pace going into our bye to set the all time sack record, we had 10 sacks in ONE GAME.....? Hmmm so we had a weak pass rush the 2nd half of the year, why would that be? Lack of depth? Which we just addressed?....So why are you talking?

keg in kc
05-10-2014, 08:56 AM
Draft time. Or as I like to call it "Ignore List Expansion Weekend".

Just Passin' By
?????.......????Is this a Chargers fan? If you watched a single game of ours you would have known that we were on pace going into our bye to set the all time sack record, we had 10 sacks in ONE GAME.....? Hmmm so we had a weak pass rush the 2nd half of the year, why would that be? Lack of depth? Which we just addressed?....So why are you talking?

I wasn't bagging on the pick. Using what the team did for the first half of the season as if it were something that went on all year long is stupid. The Texans started out 2-0. Their coach got fired because of how they ended.

htismaqe

All true, man.

Just take it down a notch or two. It's all good.

staylor26
05-10-2014, 08:57 AM

Everybody on here wants to emulate teams like the Seahawks that win SB's and bitchslap Manning and when we go out and add more pass rushers (not to mention a guy they probably had very high on their board IMO) they complain ROFL

htismaqe
05-10-2014, 08:57 AM
Draft time. Or as I like to call it "Ignore List Expansion Weekend".

You can't ignore me. I'm as close as it gets to keg "voice of reason" in kc...

keg in kc
05-10-2014, 08:58 AM
You can't ignore me. I'm as close as it gets to keg "voice of reason" in kc...I wasn't referring to you. :p

CallMeSquidwad
05-10-2014, 08:58 AM
Dude, you've got passion. You love the team.

I too think people are being way too hasty with the Ford pick.

But just stop with the "CP is a joke" stuff. If you really don't like it here, leave.

Don't be a troll.

This place needs exactly what I give, reality check. I am a lifelong diehard chiefs fan and I cannot take it when some of these tools claim that same tag yet do nothing but bitch and moan about this team. I mean honest to god, everyones favorite year on this forum was the 2-14 Belcher year? They bitched more during last season than they did during that season, I think CP just misses old #7.

CallMeSquidwad
05-10-2014, 09:00 AM
Everybody on here wants to emulate teams like the Seahawks that win SB's and bitchslap Manning and when we go out and add more pass rushers (not to mention a guy they probably had very high on their board IMO) they complain ROFL

CP logic right there.

Cmd'r&Chief
05-10-2014, 09:05 AM

How the fuck could you possibly know that. You don't have a single fucking clue as to what will happen in camp. Fucking dipshit.

The Bad Guy
05-10-2014, 09:12 AM
They did really address needs on this defense through minimal FA and these 2 picks.

Losing Lewis was addition by subtraction. Jackson was a one-dimensional bag and Vance Walker is much better than he is at collapsing a pocket.

I'd still like to add a safety of some kind in the next 3 rounds.

Ford should provide a huge upgrade in terms of Zombo being our 3rd rush backer.

Gaines has speed, decent size and fits the mold. I don't think we need to even worry about another corner. Cooper's 2nd year, Smith, Flowers, if he's still here, Owens, Parker and Gaines is a fine stable of corners.

The Bad Guy
05-10-2014, 09:12 AM
While I'll give Sutton some slack based on having to play Lewis and Jackson last year, there's no excuses for him this year.

CallMeSquidwad
05-10-2014, 09:16 AM
While I'll give Sutton some slack based on having to play Lewis and Jackson last year, there's no excuses for him this year.

Whether it's Vance Walker, a FA yet to be signed, or a pick today we NEED a backup for Poe. He can't be used like he was last year again.

htismaqe
05-10-2014, 09:18 AM
This place needs exactly what I give, reality check.

You can be a voice of reason without being an idiot troll about it. Furthermore, it's easier to provide a "reality check" when you consistently demonstrate that you're being REALISTIC rather than just agreeing with every move the Chiefs make.

You complain about people being negative but you're opinion doesn't carry any weight with them because you NEVER post anything resembling a dissenting opinion. In the end, they just end up laughing at you.

I am a lifelong diehard chiefs fan and I cannot take it when some of these tools claim that same tag yet do nothing but bitch and moan about this team.

You don't get to decide who is a real fan and who isn't. Get over yourself.

The Bad Guy
Whether it's Vance Walker, a FA yet to be signed, or a pick today we NEED a backup for Poe. He can't be used like he was last year again.

I agree we need a body there.

Anyong Bluth
Jackson wasn't truly a loss- for his lack of ability to pressure the QB and collapse the pocket, his ability to stuff the run or hold the line wasn't an equal offset to be more than just a warm body to plug in and do adequate.

htismaqe
05-10-2014, 09:20 AM

Vance Walker is gonna play 5T. He'll probably start alongside Poe. He's not going to be a backup NT.

I agree that we need to spell Poe but I'm not sure how you can take the guy off the field. He's a 330 pound monster that can play every position in both a 30 and 40 front. He's just THAT freakish.

Anyong Bluth
05-10-2014, 09:20 AM
This place needs exactly what I give, reality check. I am a lifelong diehard chiefs fan and I cannot take it when some of these tools claim that same tag yet do nothing but bitch and moan about this team. I mean honest to god, everyones favorite year on this forum was the 2-14 Belcher year? They bitched more during last season than they did during that season, I think CP just misses old #7.

I'm a man. I'm 40...

htismaqe
05-10-2014, 09:21 AM
I'm a man. I'm 40...

That's exactly what it sounds like.

keg in kc
05-10-2014, 09:33 AM
They did really address needs on this defense through minimal FA and these 2 picks.The tricky thing for me is all the unknowns. They're relying on a lot of people that we just haven't seen a lot, particularly on the o-line. And evidently at receiver. They must feel better there than they've let on. How are the rookies from last year who didn't play much going to shape up?

Parker and I have been going back and forth a bit on the 'rebuilding' thing, but this draft isn't playing out like a rebuilding draft so far. They're drafting like a team that's finished, and fine with taking gambles on guys who may not be major contributors in 2014. I mean, what are we looking at so far, maybe a situational rusher in Ford and if we're lucky a dime or best case nickel corner in Gaines? Neither's a bad pick in theory, injury issues aside, but neither is a 'we need a starter better grab one' pick either. It's basically like they're drafting to replace people a year or two down the road. Which isn't a bad thing at all, just not what I expected after last year.

Speaking of defense, I was thinking about Christian Jones as the 3rd round wound down, then it occurred to me that Nico Johnson's on the roster. I wonder where they're at with him.

Anyway, they must feel better about the roster than a lot of us do at this point. At least, I think that's what free agency and the draft so far says.

milkman
05-10-2014, 09:37 AM
Vance Walker is gonna play 5T. He'll probably start alongside Poe. He's not going to be a backup NT.

I agree that we need to spell Poe but I'm not sure how you can take the guy off the field. He's a 330 pound monster that can play every position in both a 30 and 40 front. He's just THAT freakish.

He is THAT freakish, but he still needs to get some snaps off, regardless of that freakish ability.

By season's end, he was next to useless because he was just far too gassed.

What you lose on the snaps you give him off during games, you regain, plus some, by having him playing at a high level in the latter stages of the season.

Halfcan
05-10-2014, 09:43 AM

Usually people on here fall into a few categories.

Homer-Loves the pick, loves the chiefs-will defend every pick or move to death. Love it when they get someone else to drink the cool aid.

Optimist- Loves the chiefs, but realize they are far from perfect. All in all- believe good will prevail and try to see the best in every move, even the reach picks. Often judged as a Homer.

Pragmatist- Generally likes most of the moves but realize the Chiefs have not won a playoff game in a couple of generations. This fact is always at the back of their minds when judging talent. They know the odds are against most every football player to be a star no matter what round. They don't swing either way too far and use a "wait and see attitude" towards most picks. They tend to explain things with stats and are the most logical thinkers on the board. Also very good at seeing trends and use stats to back up the trends without trying to sway peoples opinions.

Debbie Downers- Every pick is a reach and are sure they won't pan out. Same old ****ing playoff losing chiefs. Quick to bring up past draft failures and free agency bust to support the underlying belief the chiefs will never win under any circumstances. Loves to bash the homers and the first to jump on the dog pile if a player they previously bashed (Alex Smith) turns in a bad game performance. Loves to pull people to the DARK SIDE-especially after a heartbreaking loss (Colts Playoff game) when moral is down.

Lone Wolf- don't get swayed either way. Don't get too emotional about losses. Come up with their own opinions based on stats and trends and don't give a shit if people like them are not. Quick to point out when the board is either too negative or full homer. They keep things in check.

Trolls- These folks just like to stir up shit. Most of the time don't even believe their own shit they spew. Happy as long as they are pissing someone off. Negative after a Big win and enjoy the misery after a big loss.

The Enemy- fans from other teams. For whatever reason have found a home here. Some are borderline trolls-because we are the ****ing chiefs and love it when they kick our ass-also very quiet when it goes the other way. Very knowledgeable, loves football, likes the competition and love their team. Some posters in this category are the best on the board and even though they wear a different jersey on sunday- we respect them and are glad they are here.

Noobs- Shut the **** up until spoken too-pay your dues first before you get respect. For some this is a hard learning curve and want to be King of the board with every post. Usually it doesn't work out like that. There is always a Lone Wolf to keep them in check. Trolls come in handy on the beat down as well. Noobs are the future though and keep the board fresh with new idea's and opinions and are always welcome. Some recent noobs have risen to stars in record time lately and are honored with Noob of the Year honors.

Lurkers- Ghosts in the machine. They are always there-you just can't see them. Some are stalkers, some are shy, some are banned and some we don't know who they are. But they are there. They are always there.

Mods- often criticized and rarely praised. Excellent at keeping the Troll population under control and great at stepping in when a Debbie Downer goes full Super Nova. Like the Lurkers they are always there.

I am sure you will find your place.

Titty Meat
05-10-2014, 09:49 AM
You must have been working on that write up for months!

htismaqe
05-10-2014, 09:58 AM
Which isn't a bad thing at all, just not what I expected after last year.

It wasn't what I expected after last year either. Hell, after the first week of FA, I was pissed off.

I've come to terms with the fact that last year was an anomaly. These guys have a philosophy and they're sticking to it. We'll find out soon enough if they know what they are doing.

People during the last decade here constantly praised the Eagles for making good decisions with aging players. Well, here we are doing that exact thing.

htismaqe
05-10-2014, 10:00 AM
Usually people on here fall into a few categories.

Interesting that you put Debbie Downer directly below Pragmatist.

Most of the time I'm a Pragmatist but I occasionally "sink" to Debbie Downer status.

The longer the Chiefs go without a playoff win, the easier it gets to get sucked in.

Halfcan
05-10-2014, 10:05 AM
You must have been working on that write up for months!

LMAO Actually just typed it out-probably forgot a few categories.

Oh like

Drafterbators Live for the draft, mock it, live it, love it, have more data, stats and game highlights to fill NASA's computers. Love it when the Chiefs pick "Their Guy" and have his whole career at a touch of button to share with the group. Extremely knowledgeable, borderline experts on the draft and college players and are usually spot on with their opinions on how a player will pan out-but also kind of weird-get a life already- :p

Halfcan
05-10-2014, 10:09 AM
Interesting that you put Debbie Downer directly below Pragmatist.

Most of the time I'm a Pragmatist but I occasionally "sink" to Debbie Downer status.

The longer the Chiefs go without a playoff win, the easier it gets to get sucked in.

Yep I am an Optimist but get accused of being a Homer and sometimes sink to Debbie Downer after a heartbreaking loss-mostly against the Donks or Colts-hate those fuckers with a passsion. Usually a Lone Wolf will kick my ass back in check. They are good at that.

milkman
05-10-2014, 10:11 AM
Yep I am an Optimist but get accused of being a Homer and sometimes sink to Debbie Downer after a heartbreaking loss-mostly against the Donks or Colts-hate those ****ers with a passsion. Usually a Lone Wolf will kick my ass back in check. They are good at that.

This category post of yours is, by far, the best post you've ever made.

milkman
05-10-2014, 10:12 AM
FTR, I have no idea what category I fall into

Easy 6
05-10-2014, 10:57 AM
I'm still loving the focus on defense we're seeing, its definitely needed.

Cannibal
05-10-2014, 11:14 AM
I pray you were never let into another BOS aside from the Coast Guard.

:LOL:

htismaqe
05-10-2014, 06:41 PM
FTR, I have no idea what category I fall into

He forgot to add a "Miserable Asshole" category. :D