PDA

View Full Version : MU Justin Britt

Chiefaholic
05-10-2014, 09:55 AM
I live in the small town of Lebanon, MO (population 15,000). Over the years we've had some pretty good football teams, but never had anybody drafted. We came close in 96 with Mike Wehner who played Center for Miami, went undrafted and tried out for four teams. But, this year our very own Justin Britt played LT for Missouri and was drafted by Seattle at the end of the second round. Props to Justin for being the first person ever to get drafted from Lebanon.

I've never been a fan of any player NOT playing for the Chiefs. But, times have changed and Seattle is a pretty sweet landing spot for a quick opportunity to get to the big show.

ptlyon
05-10-2014, 09:59 AM
Very cool! Congrats :)

Deberg_1990
05-10-2014, 10:00 AM
Very cool!

Mr. Flopnuts
05-10-2014, 10:07 AM
That guy was a projected 5th round pick. Ask John Schneider if he gives a shit. LOL I wish the kid luck. Seattle is unconventional, and when they like someone, they're not afraid to snatch him up.

BlackHelicopters
05-10-2014, 10:12 AM
#TrezelleJenkins

Chiefaholic
08-10-2014, 08:10 PM
I'm watching our hometown guy, Justin Britt against the Donks tonight. So far he's done a pretty decent job as a rookie. He's only allowed one sack against TJ Ward through the first half.

Bufkin
08-10-2014, 08:20 PM
I live in the small town of Lebanon, MO (population 15,000). Over the years we've had some pretty good football teams, but never had anybody drafted. We came close in 96 with Mike Wehner who played Center for Miami, went undrafted and tried out for four teams. But, this year our very own Justin Britt played LT for Missouri and was drafted by Seattle at the end of the second round. Props to Justin for being the first person ever to get drafted from Lebanon.

I've never been a fan of any player NOT playing for the Chiefs. But, times have changed and Seattle is a pretty sweet landing spot for a quick opportunity to get to the big show.
You're obviously not familiar with Kody Tipton. K-Tip45 was supposed to be our savior. Too bad Blackywell couldn't stay healthy.

-LHS graduate

Bufkin
08-10-2014, 08:22 PM
But yeah, I'm wishing Britt the best of luck. I only went to high school with him for a year, but he seemed like an alright guy. Got to interview him on the radio about a month ago and he seems pretty humble. They had a Justin Britt Day for him at the high school and a lot of people attended.

Pitt Gorilla
08-10-2014, 08:23 PM
If Britt hadn't hurt his knee, he'd have been drafted even higher. Dude is a tenacious player.

BullJunkandIron
08-10-2014, 08:36 PM
Patrick "fat prick" Egan thought he was all that at LHS.

Bufkin
08-10-2014, 08:38 PM
Patrick "fat prick" Egan thought he was all that at LHS.
Who dat

ChiefsCountry
08-10-2014, 08:39 PM
Camdenton and Waynesville thump Lebanon all the time and Lebanon has the player drafted in the NFL. :)

*Disclosure both schools above have had NFL players in the past.

Bufkin
08-10-2014, 08:41 PM
Camdenton and Waynesville thump Lebanon all the time and Lebanon has the player drafted in the NFL. :)

*Disclosure both schools above have had NFL players in the past.
Me thinks you haven't experienced Ozark Conference football in awhile. Ever since Bob Shore left Camdenton, we have done a pretty good job beating Camdenton. Waynesville has only beaten us once or twice since LJ Fort played.

CoMoChief
08-10-2014, 08:41 PM
The only thing Lebanon is good for is Bennett Springs

Bufkin
08-10-2014, 08:44 PM
The only thing Lebanon is good for is Bennett Springs
For those that love gospel music, our Brumley Gospel week is nationally recognized and sees tourists from all across the nation. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you're probably not a gospel fan though.

BullJunkandIron
08-10-2014, 08:48 PM
Who dat

A guy at Emerson who brags that he was the best football player when he went to LHS.

Bufkin
08-10-2014, 08:52 PM
A guy at Emerson who brags that he was the best football player when he went to LHS.
I'm in absolute shock that people are familiar with the existence of Lebanon Missouri on here. Lebanon and Cole Camp are all I've ever known.

I read a report earlier in training camp that Britt was struggling, although that was to be expected. Nothing can light a fire under your ass more than having Eric Winston trying to take your job.

BullJunkandIron
08-10-2014, 08:56 PM
Yellowjackets

ChiefsCountry
08-10-2014, 08:58 PM
I'm in absolute shock that people are familiar with the existence of Lebanon Missouri on here. Lebanon and Cole Camp are all I've ever known.

I live in Osage Beach/Lake Ozark.

Bufkin
08-10-2014, 09:00 PM
I live in Osage Beach/Lake Ozark.
Very cool. I go to Osage Beach often.

SAUTO
08-10-2014, 09:06 PM
You guys both know where I'm at.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefaholic
09-04-2014, 06:52 PM
Justin Britt just gave a shout out to Lebanon High School on early game introductions. "Justin Britt, LHS, MIZ". Make Lebanon proud, Justin!

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
09-04-2014, 07:18 PM
Because we are bumfuck, Missouri.

Bufkin
09-04-2014, 07:26 PM
Justin Britt just gave a shout out to Lebanon High School on early game introductions. "Justin Britt, LHS, MIZ". Make Lebanon proud, Justin!
I was freaking out when I heard that. I also loved how they repped him winning the state title in wrestling. Outside of that Matthews hold, he has been perfect.

Pitt Gorilla
09-04-2014, 07:47 PM
I was freaking out when I heard that. I also loved how they repped him winning the state title in wrestling. Outside of that Matthews hold, he has been perfect.He has really been kicking ass and will continue to get better.

Chiefaholic
09-04-2014, 07:48 PM
He's having a heck of a night so far against some damn fine opponents up to half time. Probably the first game ever that my attention is on blocking assignments rather than the actual play of the ball.

John Dope
09-05-2014, 06:05 AM
He was awesome dude. Bruce Miller, FB, 49ers and Buster Skrine, CB, Browns are from my neck of the woods. I always specifically watch those guys when they are on TV.

Bob Dole
09-05-2014, 06:32 AM

How many people sitting at home shouted ZOU?

WhawhaWhat
09-05-2014, 06:34 AM

The Dairy Bar... mmmmm.