PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs We got our Dexter McCluster....except we got someone better.

CoMoChief
05-10-2014, 11:26 AM
Love this pick.

I was pissed that PIT took Dri Archer. But if there's anyone else I wanted besides him for a slot/KR guy, it's Thomas.

best available player from a skilled position.

kc79
05-10-2014, 11:28 AM
I still like Tevin Reese

ModSocks
05-10-2014, 11:29 AM
son of a bitch. why do you have to fuck every pick up for us coMo?

Chief Roundup
05-10-2014, 11:34 AM
Dexter McCluster wasn't all that so. Don't want another one.

DaWolf
05-10-2014, 11:37 AM
And we didn't use a second rounder for a McCluster type...

Why Not?
05-10-2014, 11:38 AM
This may spell the end of the Drexton Wesseler, or whatever the hell his name is, era.

CoMoChief
05-10-2014, 11:39 AM

He made a lot of plays for this team last season.

This guy is quicker and faster. Isn't that what everyone bitched about DMC for? Not being big, fast, or quick???

This guy is not going to have any problem taking a few to the house next year. Plays like that often are the difference between a W and a L.

He returns 3 TD's next season. I'm calling it.

CoMoChief
05-10-2014, 11:39 AM
This may spell the end of the Drexton Wesseler, or whatever the hell his name is, era.

He's a camp body.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-10-2014, 11:40 AM

Jesus Christ.

Ragged Robin
05-10-2014, 11:41 AM
This guy is quicker and faster. Isn't that what everyone bitched about DMC for? Not being big, fast, or quick???

No. They are more or less the exact same player and player type. Thomas a bit smaller and a bit faster (4.5 versus 4.58 wow.. big upgrade there ROFL)

Hammock Parties
05-10-2014, 11:41 AM
If you bitch about this pick you're stupid. It's a fourth rounder. The guy was electric. I'd feel better if he ran a 10th of a second faster and was 20 lbs bigger, but, meh. Fourth round pick. Get a life.

Discuss Thrower
05-10-2014, 11:42 AM
Jesus Christ.

Dave Toub tho

milkman
05-10-2014, 11:42 AM

McCluster never had the speed or the elusiveness that this kid has.

Not the choice I would have made, but this kid has actual playmaker potential.

Three7s
05-10-2014, 11:43 AM
Only way I'll like this pick is if he can play in the slot.

Discuss Thrower
05-10-2014, 11:43 AM

JERICK MCKINNON YOU MARTHAFOCKER

CoMoChief
05-10-2014, 11:44 AM
No. They are more or less the exact same player and player type. Thomas a bit smaller and a bit faster (4.5 versus 4.58 wow.. big upgrade there ROFL)

He plays much faster than DMC. DMC got caught from behind a lot. This guy won't.

CoMoChief
05-10-2014, 11:45 AM
Only way I'll like this pick is if he can play in the slot.

He will def be on the field as a slot guy.

They wouldn't draft a guy like this solely for KR.

We have Charles and Davis, he's not going to see a lot of playing time as a RB I wouldn't think.

KCFaninSEA
05-10-2014, 11:46 AM

At little cap money. McBuster was way to expensive for what we got out of him.

ModSocks
05-10-2014, 11:46 AM

not even close to the same player. A quick glance at youtube will tell you that. And Thomas ran in the 4.3's at his Pro Day.

TEX
05-10-2014, 11:49 AM

Well I like the choice and I'm glad they made it but you're right, and this kid was picked in the 4th which is where Dex should have been drafted.

Deal is Reid got the most out of Dex. Don't know if it was because he knew who Dex was and used him better than anyone else or saw what others tried to do, and how it failed, so he wasn't going to go there with Dex. In any case I think this kid will benefit with Reid from day 1. Maybe Dex would have been more of a consistent offensive threat had he had Reid from the beginning. Regardless of how he compares to Dex, I like this pick!

duncan_idaho
05-10-2014, 11:50 AM
I was intrigued by the idea of Thomas as a playmaker/gadget piece/return man...

Then I saw this thread. Kiss of death.

Ragged Robin
05-10-2014, 11:51 AM
not even close to the same player. A quick glance at youtube will tell you that. And Thomas ran in the 4.3's at his Pro Day.

A quick glance at youtube against poor competition and players that won't be in the NFL? Look at McCluster college highlights. McCluster also improved his time at his pro day too, except these are done with incredibly inaccurate hand timed stop watches so..

CoMoChief
05-10-2014, 11:51 AM
I was intrigued by the idea of Thomas as a playmaker/gadget piece/return man...

Then I saw this thread. Kiss of death.

FUUUU******* YOU!!!!

CoMoChief
05-10-2014, 11:52 AM
AARON MURRAY!!!!! DO IT ANDY!!!!!

TEX
05-10-2014, 11:53 AM
He plays much faster than DMC. DMC got caught from behind a lot. This guy won't.

This.
Dex was fast but didn't really play like it unless he was in space. And even then he sometimes got caught from behind. This kid seems like he plays as fast as his times indicate.

Reerun_KC
05-10-2014, 11:54 AM
This kid has no chance if como starts pumping him.

Como is the kiss of death.

kc79
05-10-2014, 11:55 AM
AARON MURRAY!!!!! DO IT ANDY!!!!!

DONT DO IT ANDY!!!!!! WE GOT BRAY!!!!!!! LOL

Mr. Flopnuts
05-10-2014, 11:55 AM

Poor kid is just a camp body now.

ModSocks
05-10-2014, 11:56 AM
A quick glance at youtube against poor competition and players that won't be in the NFL? Look at McCluster college highlights. McCluster also improved his time at his pro day too, except these are done with incredibly inaccurate hand timed stop watches so..

The Pac12 is poor competition? Since when? I understand it's not the SEC, but it's a far cry from "Poor".

I've seen plenty of McCluster's highlights. If you can't see the difference in how these players move, i don't know what to tell ya.

duncan_idaho
05-10-2014, 11:57 AM
Poor kid is just a camp body now.

Will suffer some sort of debilitating injury now... or just flat out suck and not translate to WR (never get over his alligator arms or something).

Also, some team will now move one pick in front of the Chiefs to nab Aaron Murray.

#FeelsBadMan

Mr. Flopnuts
05-10-2014, 11:58 AM
Will suffer some sort of debilitating injury now... or just flat out suck and not translate to WR (never get over his alligator arms or something).

Also, some team will now move one pick in front of the Chiefs to nab Aaron Murray.

#FeelsBadMan

ROFL It's funny because it's true, and then the vile starts forming in the back of your throat...

Kman34
05-10-2014, 12:02 PM
I just hope he has good pass catching ability.. I think that is a question mark on this guy other wise I like the pick.

siberian khatru
05-10-2014, 12:03 PM

#FeelsBadMan

He'll decide to have a sex-change operation midway thru camp.

SAUTO
05-10-2014, 12:10 PM
He'll decide to have a sex-change operation midway thru camp.

I always worried about that with mccluster, he was a girly looking dude already...
Posted via Mobile Device

dtrain
05-10-2014, 12:35 PM
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=119318&draftyear=2014&genpos=RB

Draft Scout *DeAnthony Thomas News
03/26/14 - 2014 Pro Days: De'Anthony Thomas clocked at 4.34 at Oregon workout...De'Anthony Thomas put to bed any concerns about his straight-line speed during Oregon's Pro Day, clocking in at 4.38 and 4.34 according to the hand-held times of one long-time league scout attending Thursday's workout. The times were more in tune with the explosive speed Thomas had demonstrated throughout his three seasons with the Ducks and significantly faster than the 4.50 he was credited with at the Scouting Combine. Thomas' best time would have ranked behind only Kent State's Dri Archer and Oregon State's Brandin Cooks for fastest recorded in Indianapolis this year.

SAUTO
05-10-2014, 12:37 PM
Even better, he looked faster than 4.5
Posted via Mobile Device

CoMoChief
05-10-2014, 01:12 PM
BOOM!!!