PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Gruden QB Camp with Aaron Murray

Strongside
05-10-2014, 01:57 PM
"He's the hidden gem of the draft"

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/VCiVcz0KHZc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TimeForWasp
05-10-2014, 02:04 PM
In

Tribal Warfare
05-10-2014, 02:07 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=10620157&postcount=18

repost

after an intentional repost

Strongside
05-10-2014, 02:09 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=10620157&postcount=18

repost

after an intentional repost
Whatevs

Dante84
05-10-2014, 02:10 PM
In a thread that is "all things him."

SeeingRed
05-10-2014, 02:13 PM
go to 4 minutes in and listen…."steal of the draft" sounds great to me.

buddha
05-10-2014, 02:14 PM
Gruden knows QBs as well as anybody. Top of the food chain of all the guys who we have had come through here over the past five years. The Chiefs completely stole this guy in the 5th.

KChiefs1
05-10-2014, 02:17 PM
Gruden loves him.

Ragged Robin
05-10-2014, 02:19 PM
Gruden loves him.

He loves EVERY QB ROFL

BlackHelicopters
05-10-2014, 02:20 PM
Gruden loves him.

Is that good or bad?

BigChiefFan
05-10-2014, 02:25 PM
Gruden is so great, teams are knocking his door down to coach their team. Too many get caught up in the hype. We drafted an undersized QB, who has a weak arm and the fans splooge with excitement. Color me unimpressed with a 5th round QB leading this team in anything other than a prayer.

In58men
05-10-2014, 02:26 PM
"You're a sick human being"

ROFL

TribalElder
05-10-2014, 02:31 PM
We draft QBs who never play a down

Or when they finally do they shit all over themselves

No surprises here

05-10-2014, 02:32 PM
Gruden loves him.Gruden loved Cassel.

Baby Lee
05-10-2014, 02:34 PM
I'd like to know a little more about the throw to the front right corner of the EZ where the receiver pulls up and comes back and the DB plays blue ghost in frighten mode in Pac Man, blindly running to the back of the EZ.

Was that design or underthrow?

Baby Lee
05-10-2014, 02:35 PM
Gruden loves him.

He loves EVERY QB ROFL

This. Especially those who come to his alter to display their wares.

buddha
05-10-2014, 02:37 PM
Gruden does NOT gush over every QB the way he did with Murray. Some of you want failure so badly, you can't imagine something working out. Pretty sad.

Tribal Warfare
05-10-2014, 02:38 PM
Gruden does NOT gush over every QB the way he did with Murray. Some of you want failure so badly, you can't imagine something working out. Pretty sad.

Alex only fans are of this mindset particularly

CapsLockKey
05-10-2014, 02:39 PM
We draft QBs who never play a down

Or when they finally do they shit all over themselves

No surprises here

Not saying that Murray will amount to anything more than a backup, but Peterson and Pioli are no longer involved with this team. The guys in charge now come from organizations that put a ton of stock in drafting and developing QBs. This is only the start of their second year. Murray will not be the last QB nor the earliest this team drafts in the next 5 years.

chief4life
05-14-2014, 09:51 PM
This took some digging but I finally found all three parts of Aaron Murray Gruden QB Camp enjoy :thumb:
Part 1
hJ6wh3wWfUc

Part 2
PW9lAWFOj1w

Part 3
vOLiH23l1WA

rico
05-15-2014, 12:29 AM
This took some digging but I finally found all three parts of Aaron Murray Gruden QB Camp enjoy :thumb:
Part 1
hJ6wh3wWfUc

Part 2
PW9lAWFOj1w

Part 3
vOLiH23l1WA

Thanks, dude!

kcxiv
05-15-2014, 01:26 AM

Because 90 percent of this board has never seen something work out for the Chiefs. Its NEVER happened in our life times. you could be 44 years old and its never happened. When this team shits over itself over and over and over again. Its hard to imagine. There is a reason this team is the 30th worst post season team since 1970. lol

OldSchool
05-15-2014, 02:46 AM
Were there this many threads about Tyler Thigpen?

How about Brodie Coyle?

thabear04
05-15-2014, 02:51 AM

How about Brodie Coyle?

Or Ricky Stanzi

ILChief
05-15-2014, 05:45 AM
Watch the tyler bray qb camp from last year. It is funny

Deberg_1990
05-15-2014, 05:53 AM
So basically because of Drew Brees, hes the hidden gem of this draft.

/Gruden

InChiefsHeaven
05-15-2014, 06:38 AM
Thanks for posting the whole Gruden camp...I find Murray to be an impressive individual, football and otherwise. I think he'll do well in the NFL...hopefully for the Chiefs.

But honestly, why did he drop to the 5th round? Was that ACL enough to drop him that far? The all time SEC Leading passer? What are we missing about this guy?

ChiTown
05-15-2014, 07:12 AM
"Noodle Arm"

/CP Dumbfugs

Deberg_1990
05-15-2014, 07:16 AM
But honestly, why did he drop to the 5th round? Was that ACL enough to drop him that far? The all time SEC Leading passer? What are we missing about this guy?

Probably because of bad measurables and the injury.

The first few rounds of the draft are all about measurables.

RealSNR
05-15-2014, 07:17 AM

How about Brodie Coyle?

Brodie Croyle was a 3rd round pick on a team with an aged QB and nothing behind him on the depth chart under 30 years old, playing for a team that never fucking drafts QBs.

You tell me.

And Tyler Thigpen? Dude, your stance on Aaron Murray isn't one of skepticism or realism. It's the exact opposite of the homers on this board. It may as well be Saccopoo talking about Aaron Murray. You've done nothing but hate on the pick and ignore its upside like it has absolutely none.

TEX
05-15-2014, 07:21 AM

+ 1

TEX
05-15-2014, 07:26 AM
Because 90 percent of this board has never seen something work out for the Chiefs. Its NEVER happened in our life times. you could be 44 years old and its never happened. When this team shits over itself over and over and over again. Its hard to imagine. There is a reason this team is the 30th worst post season team since 1970. lol

Deal is SOME DO remember the Dawson / Stram "Glory Days" and for us its harder to take having experienced the ultimate success as kids and not being able to do it again as adults. Almost better sometimes if you dont know what you're missing...

InChiefsHeaven
05-15-2014, 07:27 AM

What do they mean by measurables? Hight, weight, how many times he can bench 225?

Given his body of work in college, and the academic achievments, it seems hard to believe that he would drop so far. But, maybe it's just the way the needs of the draft for teams shook out...I dunno. I think we got a steal in this guy. He's probably the most legit QB we've drafted in a long time...which I realize isn't saying much.

BossChief
05-15-2014, 07:29 AM
Murray is the best QB we have drafted during my lifetime.

Anyong Bluth
05-15-2014, 07:32 AM
Part 1
hJ6wh3wWfUc

Part 2
PW9lAWFOj1w

Part 3
vOLiH23l1WA

Awesome find, thanks!

RealSNR
What do they mean by measurables? Hight, weight, how many times he can bench 225?

Given his body of work in college, and the academic achievments, it seems hard to believe that he would drop so far. But, maybe it's just the way the needs of the draft for teams shook out...I dunno. I think we got a steal in this guy. He's probably the most legit QB we've drafted in a long time...which I realize isn't saying much.

Exactly.

Tim Tebow was one of the best QBs to come out of the draft in many years if want to hold up measurables as the standard. However, Denver was moronic for taking him in the 1st because they didn't acknowledge his inability to be coached or his awful accuracy, not to mention his piss poor technique in just about all things QBs do. I don't exactly call those things "measurables"

MIAdragon
Gruden loved Cassel.

and Tebow.

ChiTown
05-15-2014, 07:33 AM
Murray is the best QB we have drafted during my lifetime.

You know, I had to think about your comment. I'm in my late 40's and I can't recall all the QB's we have drafted. But I'd have to say, sadly, that Mike Livingston was the best QB this franchise has ever drafted. Think about that for a minute.......

InChiefsHeaven
05-15-2014, 07:36 AM
You know, I had to think about your comment. I'm in my late 40's and I can't recall all the QB's we have drafted. But I'd have to say, sadly, that Mike Livingston was the best QB this franchise has ever drafted. Think about that for a minute.......

Who dat?

Dayze
05-15-2014, 07:37 AM
It'll get interesting if Smith somehow goes down. Hopefully interesting for the better.

ChiTown
05-15-2014, 07:38 AM
Who dat?

2nd round Draft Choice from SMU in 1968. Was a backup to to Lenny Dawson, and played and won several key games that got us into the Playoffs and eventually the SB in the 69-70 season. He played for the Chiefs until 1979.

ChiTown
05-15-2014, 07:40 AM
http://www.footballcardgallery.com/1975_Topps/228/Mike_Livingston.jpg

Reerun_KC
05-15-2014, 08:04 AM
I would take Grudens word over any asshat here...

CP's track record is about as helpful as a spoon full of antifreeze...

Deberg_1990
05-15-2014, 08:15 AM

Yes. The reason teams put so much faith in measurables is because those are the guys with the most chance at success. Its all a gamble, but if your risking so much, of course you put more faith in guys with great measurables.

Fans always like to point out exceptions to the rule like Brees and Russell Wilson. But for every one of those guys, there are about 100 who fail. Brees actually went fairly high, so obviously it varies from year to year. Ill bet if Murray would have come out last year, he would have went higher.

Mecca
05-15-2014, 08:19 AM
Murray would have went higher last year, blowing out a knee doesn't help stock.

If you want to know what the draft is all about Logan Thomas went higher than Aaron Murry I'm not sure you could find a single person that thinks Logan Thomas is a better QB than Aaron Murray.

htismaqe
05-15-2014, 08:20 AM
Yes. The reason teams put so much faith in measurables is because those are the guys with the most chance at success. Its all a gamble, but if your risking so much, of course you put more faith in guys with great measurables.

Fans always like to point out exceptions to the rule like Brees and Russell Wilson. But for every one of those guys, there are about 100 who fail. Brees actually went fairly high, so obviously it varies from year to year. Ill bet if Murray would have come out last year, he would have went higher.

Good post.

Chiefnj2
05-15-2014, 08:22 AM

He didn't drop. He was part of a second tier of QBs.

I believe Rotoworld had a qb metric breakdown and compared to his draft class he was pretty inaccurate, a lot of batted balls and had lots of problems going downfield.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/46748/349/peshek-qb-metrics-20

BlackHelicopters
05-15-2014, 09:34 AM
"He's outstanding. He can make all the throws."

htismaqe
05-15-2014, 09:34 AM

Gruden literally loves everybody except Jaws.

keg in kc
05-15-2014, 09:40 AM
He didn't drop. He was part of a second tier of QBs.

I believe Rotoworld had a qb metric breakdown and compared to his draft class he was pretty inaccurate, a lot of batted balls and had lots of problems going downfield.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/46748/349/peshek-qb-metrics-20Would be interested in seeing a similar breakdown from 2012.

Deberg_1990
05-15-2014, 09:44 AM

He says that every week on MNF.

silver5liter
05-15-2014, 09:57 AM
I would take Grudens word over any asshat here...

CP's track record is about as helpful as a spoon full of antifreeze...

Not like Gruden drafted QBs well either. Its really a crap shoot.

FringeNC
05-15-2014, 10:01 AM
So how does everyone think Murray stacks up against Matt Barkley? Both guys were 4-year starters in pro-style systems and put up big numbers. Both are a little undersized. Who has the stronger arm?

loochy
05-15-2014, 10:06 AM
Some of you want failure so badly, you can't imagine something working out. Pretty sad.

wants are not the same as expectations based on the past

silver5liter
05-15-2014, 10:07 AM
So how does everyone think Murray stacks up against Matt Barkley? Both guys were 4-year starters in pro-style systems and put up big numbers. Both are a little undersized. Who has the stronger arm?

murray

Mr. Laz
05-15-2014, 10:10 AM
when our WRs suck too much for the back-shoulder fade, people will yell bust.

keg in kc
05-15-2014, 10:17 AM
Anybody yelling bust about a 5th round pick should be summarily pointed- and laughed-at in as mean a way as possible.

Chief Roundup
05-15-2014, 10:38 AM
"As good as we have had through here in the last 5 years."

htismaqe
05-15-2014, 11:17 AM
Would be interested in seeing a similar breakdown from 2012.

It was posted here.

htismaqe
05-15-2014, 11:18 AM
Anybody yelling bust about a 5th round pick should be summarily pointed- and laughed-at in as mean a way as possible.

By the same token, anybody yelling "star" about a 5th-round draft pick should as well.

saphojunkie
05-15-2014, 11:19 AM
Where a player is drafted means jack fucking shit to me.

How many late round QBs do we need to see succeed, and how many first round busts need to litter the field, before people start to admit that the draft is AT BEST a crap shoot from first overall to Mr. Irrelevant?

Discuss Thrower
05-15-2014, 11:20 AM
Murray would have went higher last year, blowing out a knee doesn't help stock.

If you want to know what the draft is all about Logan Thomas went higher than Aaron Murry I'm not sure you could find a single person that thinks Logan Thomas is a better QB than Aaron Murray.

Dat athleticism

Ebolapox
05-15-2014, 11:22 AM
By the same token, anybody yelling "star" about a 5th-round draft pick should as well.

so those that are at the extreme side of the ___________ issue are both likely completely wrong and the truth is likely somewhere in the middle, where it would be most prudent to pin one's expectations.

curious. why are you using logic here? (/SNR)

keg in kc
05-15-2014, 11:23 AM
By the same token, anybody yelling "star" about a 5th-round draft pick should as well.I'm talking down the road. If he doesn't pan out. You can't really be a bust as a 5th round pick.

If he plays well, and becomes a star, well, no reason not to call him one based on his draft position. 'course you can't call anybody a star yet, regardless of where they were taken.

Chief_For_Life58
05-15-2014, 11:41 AM
has gruden ever said a qb is bad?

Chief_For_Life58
05-15-2014, 11:42 AM
Dat athleticism

dats racist

WhiteWhale
05-15-2014, 11:45 AM
Where a player is drafted means jack ****ing shit to me.

How many late round QBs do we need to see succeed, and how many first round busts need to litter the field, before people start to admit that the draft is AT BEST a crap shoot from first overall to Mr. Irrelevant?

Because percentage wise that's not accurate.

Late round QB's can succeed. That doesn't mean they succeed at a rate remotely close to 1st round QB's.

I don't think it would be entirely unfair to point to opportunity as a big factor in those results... but people act like it makes a difference because it does. Nobody drafts a guy in the 5th round intending them to be 'the future' of the position. If a late round QB pans out... it's just gravy for the team.

Seattle didn't draft Wilson to be that guy. Carroll had to be talked into draft him. They just gave him the opportunity when he played well.

You don't see many coaches try and really build a team around a later round QB. Since Walsh drafted Montana and got behind him, late round QB's were more like accidents than anything the team built around. Warner (undrafted) and Brady were injury replacements. It was like striking oil for the team. It sure wasn't planned that way.

ModSocks
05-15-2014, 11:46 AM
has gruden ever said a qb is bad?

No. No He hasn't.

It's hard for me to be excited about Murray. Almost every QB that comes into the NFL was highly decorated and productive. Most don't amount to jack shit.

Im anxious to see what he can do, but im not expecting much more than a quality backup to replace Chase.

keg in kc
05-15-2014, 11:49 AM
Im anxious to see what he can do, but im not expecting much more than a quality backup to replace Chase.Even if that's all he ever is, he'll have been worth the pick in the long term. If Daniel's expendable in 2015 that's another few million to someone else.

ModSocks
05-15-2014, 11:51 AM
Even if that's all he ever is, he'll have been worth the pick in the long term. If Daniel's expendable in 2015 that's another few million to someone else.

Yeah i agree. I honestly think that's why he was drafted.

I thought i read something last season about Daniel's contract being easy to cut after his first season?

htismaqe
05-15-2014, 11:52 AM
so those that are at the extreme side of the ___________ issue are both likely completely wrong and the truth is likely somewhere in the middle, where it would be most prudent to pin one's expectations.

So you understood the ENTIRE point of my post. :D

htismaqe
05-15-2014, 11:52 AM
No. No He hasn't.

It's hard for me to be excited about Murray. Almost every QB that comes into the NFL was highly decorated and productive. Most don't amount to jack shit.

Im anxious to see what he can do, but im not expecting much more than a quality backup to replace Chase.

:clap:

saphojunkie
05-15-2014, 12:44 PM

Late round QB's can succeed. That doesn't mean they succeed at a rate remotely close to 1st round QB's.

I don't think it would be entirely unfair to point to opportunity as a big factor in those results... but people act like it makes a difference because it does. Nobody drafts a guy in the 5th round intending them to be 'the future' of the position. If a late round QB pans out... it's just gravy for the team.

Seattle didn't draft Wilson to be that guy. Carroll had to be talked into draft him. They just gave him the opportunity when he played well.

You don't see many coaches try and really build a team around a later round QB. Since Walsh drafted Montana and got behind him, late round QB's were more like accidents than anything the team built around. Warner (undrafted) and Brady were injury replacements. It was like striking oil for the team. It sure wasn't planned that way.

You're missing the point. No one is talking about "building around" Aaron Murray. Mostly, we're hoping he can develop to where there is good trade value for him. Or at least to where we can shed Chase Daniel's ridiculous contract and use that money on a more impactful position.

Besides, I'm simply saying that pointing to the round a player is drafted in as an indicator of future success is misguided at best and downright stupid at worst.

First of all, most of the QB who are drafted in the first round have something that later round QB rarely do. Know what it is?

Opportunity.

Tom Brady wasn't Tom Brady until he actually had a chance to play. Those coaches saw him in college, saw him in practice, sat with him in the filmroom, and still had no idea what they were sitting on. Until a guy goes out in a live game with the lights on and the pressure building... you have no idea what he's made of.

Now, I'm not saying that first round QB succeed more because of opportunity alone, but it has to be factored in, even a little.

Discuss Thrower
05-15-2014, 12:52 PM
dats racist

No it isn't really. His combine measurables are similar to Cam Newton's. If Arians and the Cards get his throwing and decision making under control, he might become something.

htismaqe
05-15-2014, 12:53 PM
You're missing the point. No one is talking about "building around" Aaron Murray.

Actually, there are a few people that are.

Mostly, we're hoping he can develop to where there is good trade value for him. Or at least to where we can shed Chase Daniel's ridiculous contract and use that money on a more impactful position.

Yes, those of us that are SANE are hoping for this.

Bweb
05-15-2014, 12:57 PM

I am 44 years old. Oh and in case anybody is wondering.....it's never happened! :shake:

RealSNR
05-15-2014, 01:45 PM

http://stickerish.com/wp-content/themes/mio/sp-framework/timthumb/timthumb.php?src=http://stickerish.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/RageFaceBlackSS.png&h=500&w=500&zc=2&q=100&a=c&s=&f=&cc=&ct=

saphojunkie
05-15-2014, 01:56 PM

Yes, those of us that are SANE are hoping for this.

Yeah, but that's why a backup QB is the most loved position in sports. Because it is the ETERNAL draft prospect. It's all potential and imagination. Whenever they step on the field and suck - like first round picks do sometimes - suddenly they go from that player you imagine will step in and save your team and just become some shlub.

It's way too much fun imagining what he could be to worry about what he is.

keg in kc
05-15-2014, 02:06 PM

Yes, those of us that are SANE are hoping for this.Most of us that are sane are expecting this, that he'll be a viable backup. That's not something you hope for. That's something that he should be, with his draft position. If it doesn't happen, then it'll be a disappointment. That's what separates him from Tyler Bray, where you expect nothing because it cost nothing.

Now, it may be insane to expect more from Murray, to in some way assume that he's ever even going to excel enough to return some draft value, much less become on actual starter, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with hoping that it happens.

RippedmyFlesh
05-15-2014, 02:10 PM
A 5th round qb is like a scratch off lottery ticket. If you win something great if not and you get upset about it you have issues. A 4 year starter in a pro style offense with a ton of career sec records to his credit. It would have been crazy to NOT take a chance.

Ebolapox
05-15-2014, 02:28 PM
http://stickerish.com/wp-content/themes/mio/sp-framework/timthumb/timthumb.php?src=http://stickerish.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/RageFaceBlackSS.png&h=500&w=500&zc=2&q=100&a=c&s=&f=&cc=&ct=

ROFL

xztop123
05-15-2014, 02:54 PM

It has to do more with who is given a chance and who is not in the NFL....

If you would have given Tyler Palko 3 years of the same system and head coach he would probably have eventually put up numbers. (See Matt Cassell under Weis)

Essentially any decent college QB can put up numbers in the NFL... Pick your guy and roll with him for a few years. Try and find a guy with relative less limitations.

kcxiv
05-15-2014, 04:33 PM
I am 44 years old. Oh and in case anybody is wondering.....it's never happened! :shake:

you would have to be about 50 years old in order to have enjoyed the damn superbowl victory. lol

How can fans have faith when the organization trips and falls into its own shit every chance they see something positive happen.

That play off game still gets to me. I cant believe we lost that game. Well, i can, but was i fucking dumbfounded.

kcxiv
05-15-2014, 04:36 PM
It has to do more with who is given a chance and who is not in the NFL....

If you would have given Tyler Palko 3 years of the same system and head coach he would probably have eventually put up numbers. (See Matt Cassell under Weis)

Essentially any decent college QB can put up numbers in the NFL... Pick your guy and roll with him for a few years. Try and find a guy with relative less limitations.
except it really wasnt under Weis. Im surere there is a interview or an article out there saying Weis couldnt do anything with Cassel because he just cant and that Haley had to take over.

Pioli fucked over Haley big time forcing Cassel on him. I still laugh when i see the Espn guy making fun of how Haley got stuck with Cassel after Haley got fired and was on that damn ESPN show.

htismaqe
05-15-2014, 04:38 PM
you would have to be about 50 years old in order to have enjoyed the damn superbowl victory. lol

How can fans have faith when the organization trips and falls into its own shit every chance they see something positive happen.

That play off game still gets to me. I cant believe we lost that game. Well, i can, but was i fucking dumbfounded.

Older.

A 50-year old would have been 6 when they won the title. Not really old enough to truly appreciate the accomplishment.

kcxiv
05-15-2014, 05:02 PM
Older.

A 50-year old would have been 6 when they won the title. Not really old enough to truly appreciate the accomplishment.

point still the same though, 90 percent of this board has no fucking clue what its like to have a successful football franchise. Its brutal being a fan. Some teams accidently even have success. Its amazing its been that long considering the Chiefs are supposed to be one of these "historic" franchises.

I got into it with a former Chiefs player on twitter talking about how the Chiefs are a terrible organization. Then when i dropped facts on him, he was like well, yeah that is correct. lol. This organization is fucking terrible. When your lumped with the Cleveland Browns and the Detroit Lions, its bad.

NJChiefsFan
05-15-2014, 05:12 PM
Gruden knows QBs as well as anybody. Top of the food chain of all the guys who we have had come through here over the past five years. The Chiefs completely stole this guy in the 5th.

grudens catch phrase is "i love this guy". i am not trying to take down murray in anyway, but gruden would have loved croyle and basically any qb. especially on that show of his, he is going to talk him up. i liked the pick and i liked murray at georgia, but grudens endorcement doesnt really mean anything.

Easy 6
05-15-2014, 05:14 PM
Couldn't. Agree. More.

With the posts talking about Gruden and his QB boner, its true... I've never once seen him say anything bad about these guys in his show, which is why most of them agree to be on I'm sure ;)

But I'm not listening to Gruden or SI or ESPN or Foxsports or YOU or anyone else on this guy... lets see what happens in camp and then the debate can begin to have some meat on its bones.

Until then, everyone is just a barking dog that all of us neighbors wish would just SHUT THE **** UP!

ILChief
05-15-2014, 05:15 PM
Other than being taller, how are Carr, Thomas, and Murray better than Murray?

Chiefnj2
05-15-2014, 05:27 PM
except it really wasnt under Weis. Im surere there is a interview or an article out there saying Weis couldnt do anything with Cassel because he just cant and that Haley had to take over.

Pioli ****ed over Haley big time forcing Cassel on him. I still laugh when i see the Espn guy making fun of how Haley got stuck with Cassel after Haley got fired and was on that damn ESPN show.

Why do people continue to believe this myth? Without Weis Cassel sucked. With Weis he put up good game manager numbers. If it was all Haley, why did Cassel fall apart as soon as Weiss left?

SAUTO
05-15-2014, 05:52 PM
Couldn't. Agree. More.

With the posts talking about Gruden and his QB boner, its true... I've never once seen him say anything bad about these guys in his show, which is why most of them agree to be on I'm sure ;)

But I'm not listening to Gruden or SI or ESPN or Foxsports or YOU or anyone else on this guy... lets see what happens in camp and then the debate can begin to have some meat on its bones.

Until then, everyone is just a barking dog that all of us neighbors wish would just SHUT THE **** UP!Antifreeze helps with barking dogs, I've heard at least.
Posted via Mobile Device

Easy 6
05-15-2014, 06:07 PM
Antifreeze helps with barking dogs, I've heard at least.
Posted via Mobile Device

Or, I might just sic my cat on 'em...

SAUTO
05-15-2014, 06:10 PM
Or, I might just sic my cat on 'em...

I hate cats, they weird me out
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
05-15-2014, 06:18 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Sure, blame the cats, weirdo.

Easy 6
05-15-2014, 06:19 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

I find them to be excellent pets, give them a bowl of food and a box to shit in and you have yourself a (usually) friendly little pal.

I HAVE had some turds too, but not any more than dogs... they're just like people in so many ways, you find the good the bad and the ugly.

SAUTO
05-15-2014, 06:19 PM
Sure, blame the cats, weirdo.

That's WHY they freak me out.

It's hard to be weirder than me
Posted via Mobile Device

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-15-2014, 06:20 PM
After watching all these videos I must say I'm impressed. Have we finally drafted a real QB that will be our franchise ? I hope so.

SAUTO
05-15-2014, 06:20 PM
I find them to be excellent pets, give them a bowl of food and a box to shit in and you have yourself a (usually) friendly little pal.

I HAVE had some turds too, but not any more than dogs... they're just like people in so many ways, you find the good the bad and the ugly.
I'm not a big pet person. Got enough other shit to occupy my time, lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

xztop123
05-15-2014, 06:21 PM

Exactly.

This brings me back to my point, its more about the OPPORTUNITY than how talented they really are.(the late round guys who never got a chance) There are probably other QB's in the world who would have turned out like that but never got the chance.

Setsuna
05-15-2014, 06:29 PM
LMAO homers like whoa. Geebus.

Easy 6
05-15-2014, 06:31 PM
I'm not a big pet person. Got enough other shit to occupy my time, lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't doubt that for a minute, if theres a cat lover in your house I'd bet its the wifey.

Glad to hear you're so busy these days from the other thread, its good for a man to be like this and its the same here, busy as hell and beat at the end of every day... it feels good, makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something.

SAUTO
05-15-2014, 06:38 PM
I don't doubt that for a minute, if theres a cat lover in your house I'd bet its the wifey.

Glad to hear you're so busy these days from the other thread, its good for a man to be like this and its the same here, busy as hell and beat at the end of every day... it feels good, makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something.

Good to hear you are busy too.

I've been really getting somewhere ths week. Feels great.

Last week was an epic clusterfuck. Customers showing up wrong days, I had ordered parts for six large jobs and when I started on every one there was something wrong. Me and the parts store ha a come to Jesus after I chewed out the wholesale guy. All in one day, Thursday, after three days they totally fucked me out of.

This week otoh has gone very well, In an hour tomorrow morning I will have finished my fourth head gasket job of the week. Plus all the other shit added in. Busting ass.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigChiefFan
05-15-2014, 06:55 PM
5th round savior. Only in Chiefs Kingdom.

Easy 6
05-15-2014, 06:57 PM
Good to hear you are busy too.

I've been really getting somewhere ths week. Feels great.

Last week was an epic cluster****. Customers showing up wrong days, I had ordered parts for six large jobs and when I started on every one there was something wrong. Me and the parts store ha a come to Jesus after I chewed out the wholesale guy. All in one day, Thursday, after three days they totally ****ed me out of.

This week otoh has gone very well, In an hour tomorrow morning I will have finished my fourth head gasket job of the week. Plus all the other shit added in. Busting ass.
Posted via Mobile Device

Its all of those headaches and worries that make figuring it out and getting things done in spite of it all that makes it rewarding, right?

Working all of that BS out is what makes it interesting and keeps the mind engaged for you, I'd bet.

Anyway, my final point is Aaron ****ing Murray... he's Bills cousin only he can throw the shit out of a football!

Anyong Bluth
05-15-2014, 06:59 PM
Older.

Yep, my dad's 64 and wasn't a Chief's fan, but Lenny caught his eye to start following them.

Anyong Bluth
05-15-2014, 07:03 PM

6th round savior. Only in Patriots nation.

BigChiefFan
05-15-2014, 07:09 PM

Lol. It happens so often, I'm sure we'll catch lightning in a bottle.

Mr. Laz
05-15-2014, 07:10 PM
If Murray would have entered the draft last year he would have been a high 2nd round pick, maybe even the 1st round. Imo.

htismaqe
05-15-2014, 07:12 PM

Once in a generation talent. Never in Chiefs nation.

htismaqe
05-15-2014, 07:13 PM
If Murray would have entered the draft last year he would have been a high 2nd round pick, maybe even the 1st round. Imo.

No way.

An ACL doesn't drop you from being a 1st rounder to being a 5th rounder.

Especially when his senior season was BY FAR his most polished.

ILChief
05-15-2014, 07:13 PM
We would be better off with Blaine Gabbert or Christian Ponder. /CP

Mr. Laz
05-15-2014, 07:25 PM
No way.

less overall talent in last year's draft

He would have been higher on the QB rank list as well

htismaqe
05-15-2014, 07:38 PM
less overall talent in last year's draft

He would have been higher on the QB rank list as well

Less overall talent only changes his position relative to that overall talent, it doesn't raise his draft stock independently.

Again, last year he corrected several of his problems. He actually improved. An ACL doesn't drop you from the 1st to the 5th.

This idea that he was a 1st rounder last year is just plain false.

Mr. Laz
05-15-2014, 07:44 PM
Less overall talent only changes his position relative to that overall talent, it doesn't raise his draft stock independently.

Again, last year he corrected several of his problems. He actually improved. An ACL doesn't drop you from the 1st to the 5th.

This idea that he was a 1st rounder last year is just plain false.
less overall talent absolutely changes his position relative to that talent

I didn't say he would be a 1st, i said he would be a 2nd with a possibility of a 1st.

htismaqe
05-15-2014, 07:46 PM

I didn't say he would be a 1st, i said he would be a 2nd with a possibility of a 1st.

No possibility of a 1st. You don't drop from 1st to 5th solely because of an ACL. Especially when he answered several questions this past season. He improved his draft stock with his play on the field. And then dropped 4 rounds?

There is absolutely no way he was "possibly a first". That's nothing but wishful thinking.

htismaqe
05-15-2014, 07:47 PM

Yeah, that's what I just said.

Easy 6
05-15-2014, 07:48 PM
BARK BARK BARK... atleast wait until he's spent a camp competing against other pro's before beginning to form an opinion.

He sucks! he's great!... both sides make no sense at this point.

Bray on the other hand? Infallible... LEAVE TYLER ALONE!

htismaqe
05-15-2014, 07:49 PM
BARK BARK BARK... atleast wait until he's spent a camp competing against other pro's before beginning to form an opinion.

He sucks! he's great!... both sides make no sense at this point.

Bray on the other hand? Infallible... LEAVE TYLER ALONE!

If you're talking to me, I never said he sucks...

Easy 6
05-15-2014, 07:52 PM
If you're talking to me, I never said he sucks...

Not singling anyone out, just the general tone of the chatter so far... it just seems like trenches are being dug before the war has even started.

htismaqe
05-15-2014, 07:58 PM
Not singling anyone out, just the general tone of the chatter so far... it just seems like trenches are being dug before the war has even started.

I'm not digging a trench, I'm being realistic.

He was a 5th round pick with a bunch of question marks. It's POSSIBLE he's a stud and pushes Alex Smith out of a job.

It's PROBABLE that he ends up being a backup and pushes Chase Daniel out of job.

Why try to make him out to be something more than he really is? Do we really want to get our hopes up?

Easy 6
05-15-2014, 08:09 PM

He was a 5th round pick with a bunch of question marks. It's POSSIBLE he's a stud and pushes Alex Smith out of a job.

It's PROBABLE that he ends up being a backup and pushes Chase Daniel out of job.

Why try to make him out to be something more than he really is? Do we really want to get our hopes up?

Dude, is the weed making you paranoid :evil:

I know you're being the guy in the middle on this, you haven't swung wildly in either direction, my post somewhat closely followed one of yours but that doesn't make it a passive aggressive slam towards you... there are plenty of others here who my post more directly fits.

htismaqe
05-15-2014, 08:12 PM
Dude, is the weed making you paranoid :evil:

I know you're being the guy in the middle on this, you haven't swung wildly in either direction, my post somewhat closely followed one of yours but that doesn't make it a passive aggressive slam towards you... there are plenty of others here who my post more directly fits.

I'm not high!

:D

Easy 6
05-15-2014, 08:16 PM
If I wanted to be a douche, htis, I'd do it directly... passive aggressive is for punks, IMO.

I DID used to care what people here thought of me, I really did, used to temper many of my opinions for fear that "oh gosh, some people here might never talk to me again, I'll be ruined, ruined I say".

Nowdays? **** it, I'll say what I wanna say and if some don't like me because of it then we weren't gonna be "friends" anyway.

htismaqe
05-15-2014, 08:17 PM
If I wanted to be a douche, htis, I'd do it directly... passive aggressive is for punks, IMO.

I DID used to care what people here thought of me, I really did, used to temper many of my opinions for fear that "oh gosh, some people here might never talk to me again, I'll be ruined, ruined I say".

Nowdays? **** it, I'll say what I wanna say and if some don't like me because of it then we weren't gonna be "friends" anyway.

:grovel::hail::grovel::hail::grovel:

Easy 6
05-15-2014, 08:24 PM
:grovel::hail::grovel::hail::grovel:

Heh, not trying to grandstand at all... I'm actually a bit ashamed at how much I used to give a damn what people here thought, imagine that, a grownup worried about what a bunch of other grownups subconsciously posing as teenagers thought about him LMAO

These days I'm aiming to be more like a toddler or very old man with no filter between his brain and mouth... just blurt out what ya wanna say, you'll feel much better :evil:

milkman
05-15-2014, 08:25 PM

I have never seen you say anything that might be considered anything but reasonable.

I'm not sure how that fits into saying exactly what you think, but I can't imagine anyone ever taking umbrage from your posts.

htismaqe
05-15-2014, 08:25 PM
Heh, not trying to grandstand at all... I'm actually a bit ashamed at how much I used to give a damn what people here thought, imagine that, a grownup worried about what a bunch of other grownups subconsciously posing as teenagers thought about him LMAO

These days I'm aiming to be more like a toddler or very old man with no filter between his brain and mouth... just say what ya wanna say, you'll feel much better :evil:

Are YOU high?

htismaqe
05-15-2014, 08:26 PM
I have never seen you say anything that might be considered anything but reasonable.

I'm not sure how that fits into saying exactly what you think, but I can't imagine anyone ever taking umbrage from your posts.

I've seen you say anything that might be considered anything but reasonable.

milkman
05-15-2014, 08:29 PM

You are confusing my dumb ass.

htismaqe
05-15-2014, 08:35 PM

Sorter
05-15-2014, 08:37 PM

http://s3.amazonaws.com/images.hitfix.com/assets/2059/keanu2.gif

htismaqe
05-15-2014, 08:40 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/images.hitfix.com/assets/2059/keanu2.gif

http://i.imgur.com/UmpOi.gif

Coochie liquor
05-15-2014, 09:07 PM
Exactly.

This brings me back to my point, its more about the OPPORTUNITY than how talented they really are.(the late round guys who never got a chance) There are probably other QB's in the world who would have turned out like that but never got the chance.

Just like if Belhichek (so) hadn't drafted Brady, but prob any other qb taken in that draft he wouldn't be hailed as a "genius" and wouldn't have those SB rings IMO. Pennington, Bulger, etc

Deberg_1990
05-15-2014, 09:12 PM
Why must we go through this same shit every time we draft some random low round QB?

"Ricky Stanzi is the hidden gem of this draft"

Meanwhile, everyone undervalues Alex Smith....

Anyong Bluth
05-15-2014, 09:14 PM
Lol. It happens so often, I'm sure we'll catch lightning in a bottle.

Once in a generation talent. Never in Chiefs nation.

Just to clarify. Sarcasm

Chief Roundup
05-15-2014, 09:23 PM
No way.

No but being 6' 1/2" with an ACL does.
Don't forget that Dungy, Casserly and others have said if Murray would have came out last year we would have taken him or at least should have taken Murray #1 overall.

BossChief
05-15-2014, 10:16 PM

Why try to make him out to be something more than he really is? Do we really want to get our hopes up?He is probably 2 inches short of the optimum height, 25 pounds light, doesn't have a wow arm, sustained a late injury in his college career that kept him from the senior bowl, combine, and private workouts. Until his senior year, had trouble with top end defenses.

This is why I've really tried to guard my optimism in regards to Aaron Murray.

I would have been fine with the selection if they had drafted him anywhere from the third round on and been very happy...and we got him for next to nothing. We should have his rights for a long enough period of time that if he does earn the starting role, it can save the team a bunch of money.

Last years 207 pick -MIKE CATAPANO- signed a 4 year, 2.25 million dollar contract...these are slotted deals.

I think he would have been drafted in a similar draft position as Nick Foles or Russel Wilson if he hadn't sustained the injury and that the injury happening so late in the year further dropped his stock to where he ended up going. The depth of this draft class also hurt him...he might not be able to play this year at all and teams had to weight the risk to the reward and decided to go in other directions.

Lets say Andy Reid can transition this team from Alex Smith and Chase Daniel to Aaron Murray and Tyler Bray.

If we don't have Alex Smith under a long term contract next year, his franchise tag will be around 17 million...Chase Daniel cap hit next year is almost 5 million dollars.

The COMBINED salaries of Bray and Murray are about a million dollars.

Tribal Warfare
05-15-2014, 10:42 PM
In all honesty, I won't joke around with Murray's capabilities because he has the highest floor concerning QB talent that the Chiefs have drafted in a long time.

Easy 6
05-16-2014, 05:15 AM

I'm glad you feel that way, MM :thumb:

Are YOU high?

Not anymore, but I've sure smoked my fair share!

htismaqe
05-16-2014, 06:34 AM
Just to clarify. Sarcasm

http://images2.layoutsparks.com/1/110874/hand-rainbow-rotating-animated.gif

htismaqe
05-16-2014, 06:36 AM
Don't forget that Dungy, Casserly and others have said if Murray would have came out last year we would have taken him or at least should have taken Murray #1 overall.

ROFL

He didn't shrink between his Junior and Senior year, dude.

He's always been 6-05.

Dungy and Casserly are TV personalities, not coaches, just like Gruden. They heap hyperbolic praise on guys all the time.

Aaron Murray was NEVER a 1st round pick and he sure as fuck wasn't #1 overall anywhere, anytime, ever.

EDIT: Sorry Roundup, I'm not laughing at you. I just found the height comment totally funny. Sorry.

htismaqe
05-16-2014, 06:37 AM
it can save the team a bunch of money.

Realism is a hell of drug, isn't it?

Chief Roundup
05-16-2014, 07:08 AM
ROFL

He didn't shrink between his Junior and Senior year, dude.

He's always been 6-05.

Dungy and Casserly are TV personalities, not coaches, just like Gruden. They heap hyperbolic praise on guys all the time.

Aaron Murray was NEVER a 1st round pick and he sure as **** wasn't #1 overall anywhere, anytime, ever.

EDIT: Sorry Roundup, I'm not laughing at you. I just found the height comment totally funny. Sorry.

Didn't say he did shrink.
Drew Brees was basically the same height and was being talked about and many thought going to be taken 1.1 by the Chargers. Yet he slipped to the 2cd round. I can't help but wonder how far he would have fallen if he would have had a blown ACL back then?
Would have been a pretty far fall I would imagine.

Ebolapox
05-16-2014, 08:27 AM
who EVER talked about taking drew brees first overall? nobody ever. it was always michael vick.

temper11
05-16-2014, 09:52 AM
No way.

Regardless of his ACL, had he come out in the draft last year (2013), do you think he would have gone 1st or 2nd round based solely on the level of talent in the draft?

I always think that question is interesting because I think the expectation for the draft round doesn't change even though the talent getting picked out of them does.

For example, with Manziel, Bridgewater, Bortles, etc etc. etc. in this draft, what round would Geno Smith have gone in 2014? A 2nd round or even 3rd round selection would have brought with it much less expectation, even though he himself would have been essentially the same player, talent-wise.

saphojunkie
05-16-2014, 09:59 AM

And that is what I am pretending happened.

With the first overall pick in the 2013 NFL draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select... Aaron Murray, quarterback, Georgia.

With the 34th pick in the 2013 NFL draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select... Eric Fisher, tackle, Central Michigan.

Which means that we traded a 2nd and a 5th this year for Alex Smith.

Unfortunate that Murray tore his ACL in his rookie season, but he should be ready to take over by year three in 2015. :D

Old Dog
05-16-2014, 10:31 AM

With the first overall pick in the 2013 NFL draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select... Aaron Murray, quarterback, Georgia.

With the 34th pick in the 2013 NFL draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select... Eric Fisher, tackle, Central Michigan.

Unfortunate that Murray tore his ACL in his rookie season, but he should be ready to take over by year three in 2015. :D

nice

htismaqe
05-16-2014, 11:33 AM
Regardless of his ACL, had he come out in the draft last year (2013), do you think he would have gone 1st or 2nd round based solely on the level of talent in the draft?

Not in the first, no.

htismaqe
05-16-2014, 11:34 AM

Interesting.

RealSNR
05-16-2014, 12:07 PM
Aaron Murrania!

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/One-on-One-with-Aaron-Murray-/70deccb3-c843-4549-8ed8-13d43ad67eff

The team’s rookie QB excited to be a part of the Chiefs Kingdom
In the fifth round of the NFL draft, the Chiefs selected Georgia QB Aaron Murray. At 6-1, 208-pounds, Murray completed 62.3 percent of his passes over his career for 13,166 yards, according to CBSSports.com. He left Georgia with SEC career records for completions (921), passing yards (13,166) and touchdown passes (121). Plus, he became the first quarterback in SEC history to throw for more than 3,000 yards in four straight seasons.

Recently, I sat down with Murray to discuss his expectations of playing in the NFL, what it’s like to work with Coach Reid and found out what his goals are for the upcoming season.

R: What are your expectations on working with Coach Reid and this offense?

A: To learn as much as possible. This is a great opportunity for me to learn from one of the best. This is a fantastic offense and it’s been fun learning this new west coast system. I feel like I have three quarterback coaches with our quarterbacks coach Matt Nagy, offensive coordinator Doug Pederson and with Coach Reid.

R: What do you say to those who think you’re too short to be an NFL QB?

A: Look at the success from quarterbacks right now in the league, like Drew Brees or Russell Wilson. I mean Chase (Daniel) has gone in there and done really well. Plus, I played three years ago with the biggest offensive line in college football and pro at The University of Georgia and I had 36 touchdowns that year. You aren’t throwing over linemen, your finding your lanes, your moving around the pocket, finding those open throwing lanes and delivering the pass.

R: Did you meet with the Chiefs before the draft? Were you expecting the Chiefs to draft you?

A: You never know who is going to pick you, but I did meet with Coach Nagy the night before my Pro Day. We met for almost two hours, watched film and talked. He was also at the Pro Day and i talked to him at the end of the Pro Day, so the Chiefs were on my list of who I thought could potentially draft me. Come draft time, we’re watching and between the Chiefs through the Saints pick I thought I’m getting picked between those seven picks somehow, because there’s a bunch of teams that were going to draft quarterbacks. Then I got the call to be a Chief.

R: Why do you feel the Chiefs are a good fit for you?

A: You look at Andy Reid and his past and his ability to develop quarterbacks. Looking at Alex Smith last year, he had a tremendous season; the entire offense had a great season. That’s been the biggest thing, is that I know these guys know how to develop quarterbacks and make sure I’m working hard day in and day out.

R: What are some of your goals for this upcoming season?

A: To get better and better everyday. That’s the only thing I can control, is how hard I work, studying the playbook day in and day out, at night before I go to bed and making sure I know what I need to do if my number does get called, I need to be ready to go.

R: What have you heard about Chiefs fans and Arrowhead Stadium?

A: I heard they get wild. I’ve heard it’s the closet thing to a college environment; that it’s loud, the stands are shaking, plus I heard they broke the sound record last year, so that’s pretty incredible. I’m looking forward to it.

R: Are you excited to get to work and put on that Chiefs uniform?

A: I’m very excited. So far, it’s been an unbelievable week, it’s been hectic and a lot going on but I feel like I’m getting better and better everyday. I’m working on understanding what they’re looking for for each play, understanding the playbook and just going out there and getting reps. The best thing you can do is soak up as much time as you have, while your out there on the field and then watch guys like Alex (Smith) and Chase (Daniel) and see what they’re doing on the field and learn from them.

ptlyon
05-16-2014, 12:27 PM
Chase Daniel has done well? :spock:

Chief Roundup
05-16-2014, 02:24 PM

Definitely a Chiefs fan way to rational what the Chiefs do.

saphojunkie
05-16-2014, 02:32 PM
Definitely a Chiefs fan way to rational what the Chiefs do.

Fucking decades of practice.

htismaqe
05-16-2014, 02:35 PM
Fucking decades of practice.

:thumb:

BlackHelicopters
05-16-2014, 03:54 PM
"Outstanding huddle presence"

SAUTO
05-16-2014, 04:12 PM
Aaron Murrania!

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/One-on-One-with-Aaron-Murray-/70deccb3-c843-4549-8ed8-13d43ad67eff

Chiefs website and they don't know your you're...
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
05-16-2014, 04:13 PM
He's not planning to learn from bray?
Posted via Mobile Device

saphojunkie
05-16-2014, 04:25 PM
Chiefs website and they don't know your you're...
Posted via Mobile Device

I caught that one, too. :facepalm:

SAUTO
05-16-2014, 04:30 PM
I caught that one, too. :facepalm:
Only a couple times though...
Posted via Mobile Device