PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Draft Pick Celebrates With A Cake Kiss =0

SeeingRed
05-11-2014, 01:18 AM
:doh!: Any St Louis fans care to comment your thoughts here? :hmmm:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/michael-sam-drafted-rams-shares-kiss-boyfriend-article-1.1787804

:eek:

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/HEfNdvHOxQg?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/HEfNdvHOxQg?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Dante84
05-11-2014, 01:30 AM
so fucking what.

jonzie04
05-11-2014, 01:34 AM
How many fucks I give -----> 0

stanleychief
05-11-2014, 01:36 AM
Hmm, one dude ramming cake down another dude's hole.

Iconic
05-11-2014, 01:45 AM
no1curr

TimBone
05-11-2014, 01:46 AM
no1curr

Beat me to it

Baby Lee
05-11-2014, 02:06 AM
Q^inf

TimeForWasp
05-11-2014, 02:20 AM
WTF

Pepe Silvia
05-11-2014, 02:26 AM
They showed that on ESPN? Wow.

New World Order
05-11-2014, 02:28 AM
Oh god

KChiefer
05-11-2014, 02:30 AM
And if it was his girlfriend?

Last night I tagged along with some friends to the local gay bar. What bothered me wasn't guys dancing together, it was that they were dancing to Cher.

CoMoChief
05-11-2014, 03:31 AM
I dont give a fuck.

a man kissing another man like that is fucking gross.

Al Bundy
05-11-2014, 03:55 AM
I dont give a ****.

a man kissing another man like that is ****ing gross.

Sounds like you have some serious issues.

CoMoChief
05-11-2014, 05:53 AM

Why because I don't like watching 2 men kiss?

GFY.

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-11-2014, 05:55 AM
Ghey thread is ghey

Pasta Little Brioni
05-11-2014, 07:32 AM
The only two that care are bambibitch

Prison Bitch
05-11-2014, 08:55 AM
I've noticed many heteros now say: "I don't want to see anyone make out like that, gay or straight." But that's bullshit designed to avoid being called "intolerant".

Heteros don't want to see gays kiss at all. Just admit it, stop trying to shame them from thinking it, and move on. If it's necessary to let Sam live his life in honesty and accept him for who he is, then by the same token we should accept heteros who naturally don't like gay lust. Nobody should have to hide.

DaFace
05-11-2014, 08:56 AM
If only there was a thread where people could discuss this.

TribalElder
05-11-2014, 09:07 AM
He doesn't want to be judged on the gayness just the football play

Now watch this 30 second make out video espn made when he got drafted to help you remember how gay he is.

ROFL

I don't care if dude is gay but you don't need to televise the make out. Too bad media is after shock value. I also didn't see the president congratulating any other 7th round picks.

I don't need to see guys making out with their female hotties either just for the record, that's why the internet invented red tube

Dante84
05-11-2014, 09:33 AM
Make out? Did you even watch?

Its a goddamned kiss. A peck on the lips. Of course the straight players do this.

Bowser
05-11-2014, 09:36 AM
I wonder what pissed the bigots off more - Michael Sam or all the black dudes kissing their white girlfriends when they got the call they were being drafted?

Saulbadguy
05-11-2014, 10:14 AM
What an absolute stud.

OnTheWarpath15
05-11-2014, 10:15 AM
I wonder what pissed the bigots off more - Michael Sam or all the black dudes kissing their white girlfriends when they got the call they were being drafted?

LMAO

Al Bundy
05-11-2014, 10:22 AM

Paging BucEyePea.... which one offended you more?

TribalElder
05-11-2014, 10:33 AM
Make out? Did you even watch?

Its a goddamned kiss. A peck on the lips. Of course the straight players do this.

ESPN had more "in depth" coverage.

I'm over it. They only did it for shock value.

Strongside
05-11-2014, 10:38 AM
I bet the little dude walks funny.

TribalElder
05-11-2014, 10:41 AM

LMAO

also, nobody is allowed to disagree with anything ghey ever

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/11/dolphins-to-speak-to-don-jones-after-michael-sam-related-tweet/

lol @ "free speech"

Simplicity
05-11-2014, 10:43 AM

Ohh God....

DaFace
05-11-2014, 10:44 AM
ESPN had more "in depth" coverage.

I'm over it. They only did it for shock value.

"Shock value" seems a bit extreme. This is pretty mundane if you actually know gay people. They...you know...kiss and hug and stuff. Occasionally they even hold hands.

OnTheWarpath15
05-11-2014, 10:47 AM
"Shock value" seems a bit extreme. This is pretty mundane if you actually know gay people. They...you know...kiss and hug and stuff. Occasionally they even hold hands.

This. Not sure what's "shocking" about two men kissing in 2014.

But hey, had it been two women kissing - no complaints whatsoever. /USA Magnited States of America

aturnis
05-11-2014, 10:58 AM
Awesome

POND_OF_RED
05-11-2014, 10:59 AM
Heteros don't want to see gays kiss at all. Just admit it, stop trying to shame them from thinking it, and move on. If it's necessary to let Sam live his life in honesty and accept him for who he is, then by the same token we should accept heteros who naturally don't like gay lust. Nobody should have to hide.

As a heterosexual I call bullshit. I don't know any heterosexuals who skipped the make out scene in black swan with Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis

Pepe Silvia
He doesn't want to be judged on the gayness just the football play

Now watch this 30 second make out video espn made when he got drafted to help you remember how gay he is.

ROFL

I don't care if dude is gay but you don't need to televise the make out. Too bad media is after shock value. I also didn't see the president congratulating any other 7th round picks.

I don't need to see guys making out with their female hotties either just for the record, that's why the internet invented red tube

ROFL

BlackHelicopters
Two enthusiastic thumbs up

Prison Bitch
05-11-2014, 11:03 AM
As a heterosexual I call bullshit. I don't know any heterosexuals who skipped the make out scene in black swan with Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis

Point taken. Hot lesbos are appealing to hetero males. But you'd agree that watching two butch softball players make out would be unappealing.

It's interesting how "tough" Michael Sam has it. When anyone who dares take the opposite side on this issue is immediately shut down with force. The Dolphins are now taking action against their Safety for a negative tweet. The NFL isn't going to allow any act of political incorrectness to go unpunished. This groupthink is scary to watch.

wazu
05-11-2014, 11:07 AM
What a cool moment. Really hoping he succeeds as an NFL player, but even if he doesn't he has broken down barriers and made countless people feel better and more accepting of themselves and others. Awesome.

Dante84
05-11-2014, 11:10 AM
Point taken. Hot lesbos are appealing to hetero males. But you'd agree that watching two butch softball players make out would be unappealing.

It's interesting how "tough" Michael Sam has it. When anyone who dares take the opposite side on this issue is immediately shut down with force. The Dolphins are now taking action against their Safety for a negative tweet. The NFL isn't going to allow any act of political incorrectness to go unpunished. This groupthink is scary to watch.

A person has the right to their bigoted beliefs, and even the right to state them publicly.

And the public has the right to demonize the bigoted person for having those beliefs or making those statements.

America is great!

jjjayb
05-11-2014, 11:13 AM
Disgusting. And I don't give a fuck if you think I'm bigoted.

Prison Bitch
05-11-2014, 11:14 AM
A person has the right to their bigoted beliefs, and even the right to state them publicly.

And the public has the right to demonize the bigoted person for having those beliefs or making those statements.

America is great!

The "public" isn't demonizing the Dolphins safety, the team is. You probably missed that distinction.

jerryforeverrice80
05-11-2014, 11:20 AM
i say judge the man for who he is not what he does in his bedroom.

Dante84
05-11-2014, 11:28 AM
The "public" isn't demonizing the Dolphins safety, the team is. You probably missed that distinction.

Good for them. They, as an employer, have a right to protect what the public thinks of their organization.

If one of their employees publicly makes bigoted/discriminatory remarks, then they have the right to take action.

Freedom, it smells good.

Baby Lee
05-11-2014, 11:30 AM
Of course Michael had to come out ahead of the draft. A presumption of heterosexuality wouldn't have survived 30 seconds of being drafted, even if he didn't have a BF and cake beside him.

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2014/05/10/23/18/1bZl3U.St.81.jpeg

DaFace
05-11-2014, 11:31 AM
Of course Michael had to come out ahead of the draft. A presumption of heterosexuality wouldn't have survived 30 seconds of being drafted, even if he didn't have a BF and cake beside him.

ROFL Fair point.

(Of course, the whole "kissing a dude" part that happened right after this probably would have been a tell as well.)

Titty Meat
05-11-2014, 11:34 AM
Sam looks like a good kisser

Dante84
05-11-2014, 11:37 AM

http://www.mygossip.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/0508-jadeveon-clowney-espn-cry-1.jpg

htismaqe
05-11-2014, 11:50 AM
i say judge the man for who he is not what he does in his bedroom.

The problem is that "gay" is part of WHO HE IS, inside and outside of the bedroom.

The guy said he wanted to be judged as a FOOTBALL PLAYER and he'll unfortunately never get that opportunity.

Baby Lee
05-11-2014, 11:50 AM
http://www.mygossip.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/0508-jadeveon-clowney-espn-cry-1.jpg

She's Dante84, the girl with no gaydar!!

http://www.nbc.com/sites/nbcunbc/files/files/styles/nbc_gallery_slide/public/scet/photos/61/548/SNL.season27_020.jpg?itok=g7y3j9Dj

Dante84
05-11-2014, 11:55 AM
lulz

gblowfish
05-11-2014, 12:08 PM
Well, at least they didn't start ass fucking on ESPN.
That would be bad.

Prison Bitch
05-11-2014, 12:44 PM
Well, at least they didn't start ass ****ing on ESPN.
That would be bad.

Why? What would be wrong with that? This is 2014, gays butt pound each other. Are you just another intolerant bigot who would actually be bothered watching two guys go at it?

Freaking bigot.

Baby Lee
05-11-2014, 12:46 PM
On a more serious note, does anyone have qualms about president of the league Roger Goodell said 'I hope he's drafted' before the draft, and 'I hope he makes the team' immediately after?

Dante84
05-11-2014, 12:48 PM
Why? What would be wrong with that? This is 2014, gays butt pound each other. Are you just another intolerant bigot who would actually be bothered watching two guys go at it?

Freaking bigot.

Oh, you're silly.

Showing actual sex is obscene, regardless of who's doing what.

No bigotry at all involved here.

Rasputin
05-11-2014, 12:50 PM
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/v-iV2q-W9BE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dante84
05-11-2014, 12:50 PM
On a more serious note, does anyone have qualms about president of the league Roger Goodell said 'I hope he's drafted' before the draft, and 'I hope he makes the team' immediately after?

No, i think that can be viewed as wishing someone luck.

It would be a huge issue if he ever said "I hope so and so doesn't make the team,"regardless of the person's preference.

Rasputin
05-11-2014, 12:51 PM
NTTAWWT

Baby Lee
05-11-2014, 12:55 PM
No, i think that can be viewed as wishing someone luck.

It would be a huge issue if he ever said "I hope so and so doesn't make the team,"regardless of the person's preference.

Those words from a talking head on ESPN is 'wishing luck'

Those words from the president of the league carries considerably more gravitas.

How about if the Rams cut him on last cutdown and Goodell expresses his 'extreme disappointment' that he didn't make the Rams' squad?

Can you name one other player in NFL history any league president has said he hopes is drafted and makes the team?

DaFace
05-11-2014, 12:55 PM
Well, at least they didn't start ass fucking on ESPN.
That would be bad.

Yeah, I'd be OK with calling that "shocking."

DaFace
05-11-2014, 12:57 PM

No, not really. It's not like he's got any control over it.

Dante84
05-11-2014, 01:00 PM

Those words from the president of the league carries considerably more gravitas.

How about if the Rams cut him on last cutdown and Goodell expresses his 'extreme disappointment' that he didn't make the Rams' squad?

Can you name one other player in NFL history any league president has said he hopes is drafted and makes the team?

I don't know that he's ever been asked. I imagine that's a go-to phrase when asked about anyone, though.

"I hope he makes it." I don't think its as heavy as you make it out to be.

Yeah, if he expressed disappointment about someone being cut, I think he would be out of line, because its a reaction to a team making a decision. Saying "I hope he is drafted," or "I hope he makes it," doesn't undercut the team at all.

Prison Bitch
05-11-2014, 01:23 PM
Oh, you're silly.

Showing actual sex is obscene, regardless of who's doing what.

No bigotry at all involved here.

Says who?

PunkinDrublic
05-11-2014, 01:23 PM
This eventually leads to teh buttsecks!

TribalElder
05-11-2014, 01:30 PM
That would be bad.

They had to save some of the behind the scenes actions for this years hard knocks

Al Bundy
05-11-2014, 01:39 PM
Says who?

Conservatives who don't want people watching sex scenes/simulated our actual penetration on TV or even in movies.

Pepe Silvia
05-11-2014, 01:40 PM
That would be bad.

Lemon Party would be worse.

Dante84
05-11-2014, 01:42 PM
Conservatives who don't want people watching sex scenes/simulated our actual penetration on TV or even in movies.

I was going to say the FCC, but...

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-11-2014, 01:45 PM

Can you name one other player in league history who has done what Sam did?

In order to Sam to get cut the FO has to sign off on it; the FO works for the ownership, who employs Goodell. He has no power save for what the ownership gives him.

For someone who wants Sam to live his own life, you seem to have a real problem with people wanting him to succeed in said life.

Chiefshrink
05-11-2014, 01:47 PM

You sure about that ?:hmmm:

New World Order
05-11-2014, 01:49 PM

In order to Sam to get cut the FO has to sign off on it; the FO works for the ownership, who employs Goodell. He has no power save for what the ownership gives him.

For someone who wants Sam to live his own life, you seem to have a real problem with people wanting him to succeed in said life.

We get it; You're a Missouri homer.

Move on

Baby Lee
05-11-2014, 01:55 PM

This has nothing to do with Michael. It has to do with Goodell. You do agree that a league president weighing on individual draft prospects and roster retentions is unprecedented, no?

It is slightly amusing that no matter what I say, you seek an adversarial position. You know you should have agreed with me last night, but just couldn't bring yourself to out of ego.

keg in kc
05-11-2014, 01:56 PM
I'll admit the kiss makes me uncomfortable. I am completely, 100% behind the idea that people should be free to live their lives in whatever way suits them. I just don't particularly like seeing men kiss. But, you know, that's me. That's my sexual preference and my ingrained bias for what's 'normal' slipping through my rational mind. And I recognize that. At the end of the day I completely support the guy's right to live his life the way he wants, and if he wants to kiss a loved one on tv then I say more power to him. It's not any different than another player kissing his wife or girlfriend. Hell, if it was an WNBA draft and two women kissing, I'd probably stare at it gleefully (were they attractive ladies, at least).

At the end of the day the problem isn't with Sam, or the gentleman that he kisses. It's with me. They shouldn't stop doing what they're doing, stop doing what makes them happy at a key life moment like this, just because it makes me uncomfortable.

Rams Fan
05-11-2014, 01:59 PM
I found it to be a little uncomfortable, and personally something I didn't enjoy to watch, but what the fuck does that mean? Jack and shit. He celebrated with his lover, and I'm happy that he's a Ram.

wazu
05-11-2014, 02:05 PM
Honestly the only part that bothered me was the cake. Have never understood the appeal of people smearing each other's faces with cake.

HoneyBadger
05-11-2014, 02:06 PM
I'll admit the kiss makes me uncomfortable. I am completely, 100% behind the idea that people should be free to live their lives in whatever way suits them. I just don't particularly like seeing men kiss. But, you know, that's me. That's my sexual preference and my ingrained bias for what's 'normal' slipping through my rational mind. And I recognize that. At the end of the day I completely support the guy's right to live his life the way he wants, and if he wants to kiss a loved one on tv then I say more power to him. It's not any different than another player kissing his wife or girlfriend. Hell, if it was an WNBA draft and two women kissing, I'd probably stare at it gleefully (were they attractive ladies, at least).

At the end of the day the problem isn't with Sam, or the gentleman that he kisses. It's with me. They shouldn't stop doing what they're doing, stop doing what makes them happy at a key life moment like this, just because it makes me uncomfortable.

What he said.

HoneyBadger
05-11-2014, 02:06 PM
I found it to be a little uncomfortable, and personally something I didn't enjoy to watch, but what the **** does that mean? Jack and shit. He celebrated with his lover, and I'm happy that he's a Ram.

He's not a Ram yet.

Rams Fan
05-11-2014, 02:07 PM
He's not a Ram yet.

The Rams haven't not signed a draft pick under Fisher. So, he'll be a Ram relatively soon.

Strongside
05-11-2014, 02:08 PM
Still wish he'd gone to the Packers.

TribalElder
05-11-2014, 02:09 PM
His aids failed his physical

TribalElder
05-11-2014, 02:09 PM

ROFL

DJJasonp
05-11-2014, 02:12 PM
I know I'm dreaming here.....but it would be really nice if the media could, one day, stop using adjectives to:

A) describe a man or woman

B) create a story

Strongside
05-11-2014, 02:14 PM
I know I'm dreaming here.....but it would be really nice if the media could, one day, stop using adjectives to:

A) describe a man or woman

B) create a story

Oh, they do plenty of story creation. Hell, ESPN could turn Rex Ryan getting an enema into a national headline.

Dante84
05-11-2014, 02:17 PM
You sure about that ?:hmmm:

Very sure!

Also very sure that everyone else has the freedom to ostracize said bigot.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-11-2014, 02:49 PM
This has nothing to do with Michael. It has to do with Goodell. You do agree that a league president weighing on individual draft prospects and roster retentions is unprecedented, no?

It is slightly amusing that no matter what I say, you seek an adversarial position. You know you should have agreed with me last night, but just couldn't bring yourself to out of ego.

How many times do you think Goodell has been asked that question? What else would he say about any prospect? I imagine the standard response is "I wish him luck and hope he makes the team."

Your problem is that you want to piss on this story from every angle, and you try to pass that off as concern, when it's much closer to an Atwaterian form of discrediting him through proxy. If people celebrate Sam's decision, he's a mascot. If people talk about its importance, they're co-opting him against his best wishes, as though you can't appreciate something and feel it is noteworthy.

Regarding the rest of your pathetic response: My ego had nothing to do with it. I was actually able to support my opinion. You're used to bullying people through sarcasm, smarminess, and bullshit obscurantism, and it doesn't impress me.

Also, maybe I argued with you over this because you're misinformed and incorrect. Jesus, talk about fucking ego.

Prison Bitch
05-11-2014, 02:54 PM

So Donald Sterling shouldn't have to restrain his racist viewpoints since that's who he is. The problem is really you, since your lens sees things from a different viewpoint than he. Right?

Mr. Laz
05-11-2014, 02:58 PM
So Donald Sterling shouldn't have to restrain his racist viewpoints since that's who he is. The problem is really you, since your lens sees things from a different viewpoint than he. Right?
not the same thing at all

one action is aggressive
one action is passive

Saulbadguy
05-11-2014, 03:01 PM
not the same thing at all

one action is aggressive
one action is passive

That's it in a nutshell.

keg in kc
05-11-2014, 03:02 PM
So Donald Sterling shouldn't have to restrain his racist viewpoints since that's who he is. The problem is really you, since your lens sees things from a different viewpoint than he. Right?Keep trying little buddy. Eventually you'll make a salient point.

Baby Lee
05-11-2014, 03:13 PM
How many times do you think Goodell has been asked that question? What else would he say about any prospect? I imagine the standard response is "I wish him luck and hope he makes the team."

Your problem is that you want to piss on this story from every angle, and you try to pass that off as concern, when it's much closer to an Atwaterian form of discrediting him through proxy. If people celebrate Sam's decision, he's a mascot. If people talk about its importance, they're co-opting him against his best wishes, as though you can't appreciate something and feel it is noteworthy.

Regarding the rest of your pathetic response: My ego had nothing to do with it. I was actually able to support my opinion. You're used to bullying people through sarcasm, smarminess, and bullshit obscurantism, and it doesn't impress me.

Also, maybe I argued with you over this because you're misinformed and incorrect. Jesus, talk about fucking ego.

You are such an asshole. Give examples in my words where I did anything like attempting to discredit him. Otherwise apologize and retract.

It's so fucking gutless to lie about vague ulterior motives when you can't discuss things on the merits. And the Atwaterian appellation is weak a sauce as any on BEPs's or Sportshrink's bullshit.

lewdog
05-11-2014, 03:22 PM

While that would be quite a bit funnier, being a "ram" is somewhat funny in and of itself.

Chief_For_Life58
05-11-2014, 03:26 PM
that was such a gay video

Jiu Jitsu Jon
05-11-2014, 08:10 PM
He's not a Ram yet.

When does he go through the Ramming process?

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
05-11-2014, 08:14 PM
Otherwise apologize and retract.

Loser

Baby Lee
05-11-2014, 08:37 PM
Loser

Pussy

dmahurin
05-11-2014, 09:35 PM
When does he go through the Ramming process?

Based on the overall size difference between him and that guy I'd say he's the one doing the ramming.

Dave Lane
05-11-2014, 10:00 PM

Some?

lewdog
05-11-2014, 10:06 PM
How much wood would a gay ram chuck if a gay ram could chuck wood?

Xanathol
05-11-2014, 10:58 PM
A mentally ill person is celebrated for identifying themselves as such and dumbasses en masse cheer and hope for him to succeed, yet they couldn't wait for Tebow to be out of the league. People these days are fucked in the head.

Dante84
05-11-2014, 11:11 PM
A mentally ill person

Look at you, throwing stones!

Prison Bitch
05-11-2014, 11:23 PM
A mentally ill person is celebrated for identifying themselves as such and dumbasses en masse cheer and hope for him to succeed, yet they couldn't wait for Tebow to be out of the league. People these days are ****ed in the head.

There are plenty of people who rooted for Tebow. He was very popular and his jersey sold like mad.

Pepe Silvia
05-11-2014, 11:52 PM
Pussy

Not in this thread evidently.

J Diddy
05-12-2014, 02:26 AM
How much wood would a gay ram chuck if a gay ram could chuck wood?

http://i.imgur.com/KSTk8Hp.jpg

This guy is hoping for no gay wood chucking or other tomfoolery.

J Diddy
05-12-2014, 02:29 AM
A mentally ill person is celebrated for identifying themselves as such and dumbasses en masse cheer and hope for him to succeed, yet they couldn't wait for Tebow to be out of the league. People these days are ****ed in the head.

I'm not quite sure how a gay person is mentally ill. Could you explain that for me?

Jimmya
05-12-2014, 04:11 AM
Don't like gay, but this is a whole new world.

Chief Pote
05-12-2014, 10:00 AM
Oh great. What's next...someone will start a "coming out" thread on CP for all to see? That's just great, more "hey look at me" topics. :cuss:

Bowser
05-12-2014, 10:02 AM
A mentally ill person is celebrated for identifying themselves as such and dumbasses en masse cheer and hope for him to succeed, yet they couldn't wait for Tebow to be out of the league. People these days are fucked in the head.

I'm not quite sure how a gay person is mentally ill. Could you explain that for me?

Apparently Tom has been to one of those "Sexual Reprogramming" camps.

Chief Pote
05-12-2014, 10:02 AM

Okay so that's funny. ROFL

Bowser
05-12-2014, 10:03 AM

And by the way, Tebow was one of the very worst first round picks in the history of the NFL. That's why he's out of the league.

temper11
05-12-2014, 10:21 AM
The problem is that "gay" is part of WHO HE IS, inside and outside of the bedroom.

The guy said he wanted to be judged as a FOOTBALL PLAYER and he'll unfortunately never get that opportunity.

I think he will. Who cares about Manti anymore? Not that Manti is gay but that was such a huge media story, and people just move on from it.

I think once the media gets it's fill of showing M. Sam mash every chance they get, people will be indifferent to the outside stuff and just care about his play.

Unless he's terrible, then it will never go away or be forgotten until he's run outta the league.

Dayze
05-12-2014, 11:16 AM
Good for him. It's not like they celebrated by rolling around nekkid.
I have zero problems with it.

I'm happy for the dude. It takes courage to come out in general, but to do so in such a high profile environment and on a national stage, takes guts.

Ultra Peanut
05-12-2014, 12:54 PM
=3

er wait no, I mean HAPPINESS IS TERRIBLE. SMASH ALL HAPPY.

Fish
05-12-2014, 12:56 PM

Sounds like somebody needs to pray harder..

Pablo
05-12-2014, 01:19 PM
I'm terribly offended right now!

What if my kids saw that stuff??!!

Dayze
05-12-2014, 01:20 PM
My Kid Coulda Been Killed.

lcarus
05-12-2014, 01:44 PM

You might have to talk to them for a couple minutes! OH GOD!

Jiu Jitsu Jon
05-12-2014, 01:57 PM
Wow, Jim ANOTHER holding call against the Rams.
Yeah, Phil, if I were the coach I'd ask Sam what's going through his head right now.
And now it looks like a delay of game. Not sure why he won't let that other guy up.

Pablo
05-12-2014, 02:24 PM
You might have to talk to them for a couple minutes! OH GOD!I'd prefer to not have to do all that.

J Diddy
05-12-2014, 02:38 PM
And by the way, Tebow was one of the very worst first round picks in the history of the NFL. That's why he's out of the league.

This.

It took a tremendous amount of talent to one hop a screen pass on a consistent basis.

All he had going for him was his legs. Should've tried another position.

Kiimo
05-12-2014, 02:40 PM
I think the bigger issue is if your kid is watching the third day of the draft and not, I don't know, playing or something.

J Diddy
05-12-2014, 02:40 PM
I'd prefer to not have to do all that.

This is why that when something hits me that I know my son will need to know I record it on 8 track so he can listen to it at the appropriate time.

Unfortunately, that plan was ill conceived in that I have very valuable nuggets of wisdom for him but we can't find an 8 track player. In fact I'm not even sure that I'm recording it. Next year I hope to upgrade to a cassette player.

Pablo
05-12-2014, 02:47 PM
This is why that when something hits me that I know my son will need to know I record it on 8 track so he can listen to it at the appropriate time.

Unfortunately, that plan was ill conceived in that I have very valuable nuggets of wisdom for him but we can't find an 8 track player. In fact I'm not even sure that I'm recording it. Next year I hope to upgrade to a cassette player.That does seem like a much more direct way to communicate with your offspring. I commend you on the effort.

I personally just scribbled GAYS KISSING = BAD on an Arby's napkin and tucked it away in the family Bible for them to find when the time is right. I think the Arby-Q sauce on the corner of the napkin will really drive the point home.

ARROW2
05-12-2014, 02:57 PM
Good for him. It's not like they celebrated by rolling around nekkid.
I have zero problems with it.

I'm happy for the dude. It takes courage to come out in general, but to do so in such a high profile environment and on a national stage, takes guts.

I think it would take more guts to come out in celebration with your mistress on national TV. :D

Dante84
05-12-2014, 03:00 PM

You'd have to explain what love is, and why people kiss each other, and how they should grow up to learn and respect people who are different than them!

THE HORROR!!!

Have they ever been to a wedding where the same thing happens to a straight couple?

ARROW2
05-12-2014, 03:07 PM
If you want respect, give respect to those who are different from you as well. Not call them ignorant, intolerant, bigot, bible thumper, hate-filled, homophobic, etc. Most people who oppose that lifestyle are saying just that, no name calling...

Dante84
05-12-2014, 03:10 PM
Saying "Black people are disgusting" is equally racist as saying "*iggers."

Sterling didn't drop the N-bomb, and he's knows what racist is now, hopefully.

Just because someone doesn't say "faggot" doesn't mean they aren't bigoted or homophobic.

ARROW2
05-12-2014, 03:28 PM

Just because someone doesn't say "pillowbitergot" doesn't mean they aren't bigoted or homophobic.

OK so saying you don't believe that lifestyle is natural and that you don't believe people are born that way or your religious beliefs go against it is equal to calling blacks disgusting?

ARROW2
05-12-2014, 03:29 PM
Sam's father believes man and woman is a good thing and he got lambasted. Tebow got mocked because he is a believer and this guy gets celebrated. I get it, it's the world we live in now.

DaFace
05-12-2014, 03:33 PM
OK so saying you don't believe that lifestyle is natural and that you don't believe people are born that way or your religious beliefs go against it is equal to calling blacks disgusting?

There was a time when people thought that black men marrying white women was unnatural and that it was against their religious beliefs.

So, yes. It's exactly equal - just shifted a few generations.

ARROW2
05-12-2014, 03:50 PM
There was a time when people thought that black men marrying white women was unnatural and that it was against their religious beliefs.

So, yes. It's exactly equal - just shifted a few generations.

Difference is, being black is not a lifestyle choice. Some want to convince you otherwise so that it can be lumped in with the black struggle since a black person can't control the color of their skin......It is what it is....a never ending debate.

Fish
05-12-2014, 03:51 PM
Difference is, being black is not a lifestyle choice. Some want to convince you otherwise so that it can be lumped in with the black struggle since a black person can't control the color of their skin......It is what it is....a never ending debate.

At what age did you make your decision to be hetero?

ARROW2
05-12-2014, 03:52 PM
At what age did you make your decision to be hetero?

When my dick got hard upon viewing the female anatomy......Don't remember when, it sure wasn't in the crib....

DaFace
05-12-2014, 03:54 PM

Know how I know you're old?

Baby Lee
05-12-2014, 03:56 PM

Just because someone doesn't say "pillowbitergot" doesn't mean they aren't bigoted or homophobic.

This isn't 'black people are disgusting' - an entire race
It's more analogous to 'fat black chicks twerking with cake slathered on their ass cheeks are disgusting.' - a specific act

ARROW2
05-12-2014, 04:00 PM
This isn't 'black people are disgusting' - an entire race
It's more analogous to 'fat black chicks twerking with cake slathered on their ass cheeks are disgusting.' - a specific act

A fat chick twerking is disgusting, no matter the color, but then again, Miley is no prize doing it either....ROFL

ARROW2
05-12-2014, 04:01 PM
Those are usually the ones begging for a table dance too....Uh, I just told you no and seconds later gave a dime piece a dance.....take the hint....

BWillie
05-12-2014, 04:26 PM
This. Not sure what's "shocking" about two men kissing in 2014.

But hey, had it been two women kissing - no complaints whatsoever. /USA Magnited States of America

Some guy on 610 who called in literally compared two gay men in a relationship kissing to gay porn. I mean I'm not making this shit up.

BWillie
05-12-2014, 04:27 PM

Troo. I myself, as a heterosexual man do not find two women making out to be any attractive as them just standing there. I really don't see the appeal. If that means I lose my mancard so be it. Me thinks that if two chicks are making out, that means they might be lesbians, and well, I have less of a chance to take them to pleasuretown. But you know, that's just me.

Dante84
05-12-2014, 04:29 PM

Yes, precisely.

BWillie
05-12-2014, 04:29 PM

It doesn't matter if it's unappealing to you. I think it's kind of gross to see two men kissing, it's because I'm heterosexual..and I've rarely seen it before. I get that, but to say it can't be on TV or they aren't allowed to show any affection in public is another. Think how gross it must have been for a gay person to see a man and a woman kissing for the first time? Are they offended when they see all the hetero sex scenes on TV and movies? Ohhh the outrage!!

BWillie
05-12-2014, 04:30 PM

Eye know rieght! My kids might have caughts the ghey!!! It spreads just liek the playgue!

Fish
05-12-2014, 04:36 PM
When my dick got hard upon viewing the female anatomy......Don't remember when, it sure wasn't in the crib....

Hilariously ironic considering how that directly contradicts your earlier post regarding homosexuality as a lifestyle choice. You didn't choose your sexuality you simply went with what made your dick hard. A biological response, and not a decision. No differently than a gay dude who's dick gets hard viewing the male anatomy.

ARROW2
05-12-2014, 05:06 PM
Troo. I myself, as a heterosexual man do not find two women making out to be any attractive as them just standing there. I really don't see the appeal. If that means I lose my mancard so be it. Me thinks that if two chicks are making out, that means they might be lesbians, and well, I have less of a chance to take them to pleasuretown. But you know, that's just me.

Men like it because in porn, some lucky dude gets to join them and we all have had that fantasy about a menag.....don't lie....

ARROW2
05-12-2014, 05:07 PM
Yes, precisely.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! Arguing just to argue.....not agreeing = calling a race of people disgusting...OK

BWillie
Hilariously ironic considering how that directly contradicts your earlier post regarding homosexuality as a lifestyle choice. You didn't choose your sexuality you simply went with what made your dick hard. A biological response, and not a decision. No differently than a gay dude who's dick gets hard viewing the male anatomy.

Exactly right. I don't know how anyone would come to any other conclusion. I'm a heterosexual, not by choice, although I'm happy I did not have the misfortune of being gay just due to the hardships that come along with it. But, I could not make myself turn gay. It would be impossible. In fact, you could put a gun to my head, tell me I had to do another dude and I literally would not be able to do it. My body would not even allow me to form a erection. I couldn't even make myself do it if I had to.

ARROW2

I chose to put that hard dick in a woman......better?

Ultra Peanut
05-12-2014, 05:16 PM
thx brain trust

TLO
05-12-2014, 05:18 PM
thx brain trust

Hey UP. Good to see you around!

ChiefsLV
05-12-2014, 05:21 PM
Prison Bitch and Arrow2 are all about the gay threads.

CoMoChief
05-12-2014, 05:22 PM
Yes, precisely.

sexual preference IS NOT the same as race.

jfc people...

ARROW2
05-12-2014, 05:23 PM
Prison Bitch and Arrow2 are all about the gay threads.

I guess nobody is concerned about activity that is believed to lead to AIDS anymore. Notice no commercials anymore?.., hmmmmm, interesting. I forgot, it is only in Africa (black people) and in the inner city heterosexuals (black people) allegedly from the "down low" brothers in da hood....So from the bath houses of SF to having a black face put on it...pretty slick how they did that...

Google King and King and tell me if you approve of your kids being forced to read it......

ARROW2
05-12-2014, 05:24 PM
Down low = AIDS, openly gay = Hip Hip Hooray!!!, no worries.....be fruitful and....uh....never mind....

ChiefsLV
05-12-2014, 05:42 PM
I guess nobody is concerned about activity that is believed to lead to AIDS anymore. Notice no commercials anymore?.., hmmmmm, interesting. I forgot, it is only in Africa (black people) and in the inner city heterosexuals (black people) allegedly from the "down low" brothers in da hood....So from the bath houses of SF to having a black face put on it...pretty slick how they did that...

Google King and King and tell me if you approve of your kids being forced to read it......

I don't believe for a minute that you're concerned about people's health. It's ironic how the oppressed can become the oppressors in less than a lifetime isn't it?

Fish
05-12-2014, 05:48 PM
I guess nobody is concerned about activity that is believed to lead to AIDS anymore. Notice no commercials anymore?.., hmmmmm, interesting.

WTF? What activity? Gay?

:facepalm:JFC

ARROW2
05-12-2014, 05:51 PM
I don't believe for a minute that you're concerned about people's health. It's ironic how the oppressed can become the oppressors in less than a lifetime isn't it?

Who are black people oppressing?

Dante84
05-12-2014, 05:54 PM

jfc people...

Of course they are two separate things.

Both should be treated equal, though.

Angry straight people are the only ones who think sexuality is a choice. It's really that simple.

BWillie
05-12-2014, 05:58 PM

jfc people...

It's not the same, but they certainly have similarities due they are treated and persecuted

BWillie
05-12-2014, 05:59 PM

Yeah, God made Aids to kill all the gheys, right?

:rolleyes:

Saulbadguy
05-12-2014, 06:04 PM

jfc people...

Religion, then?

Religion is obviously a choice.

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-12-2014, 06:52 PM
The Ayatollah laughs at us.

He also bought NFL Sunday ticket.

A Salt Weapon
05-12-2014, 07:15 PM
Wow, Jim ANOTHER holding call against the Rams.
Yeah, Phil, if I were the coach I'd ask Sam what's going through his head right now.
And now it looks like a delay of game. Not sure why he won't let that other guy up.

ROFL,

Well Jim, might as well reclassify that tight end to a wide receiver now.
Good point Phil, they better make a sub, before they get hit with an illegal formation.

Xanathol
05-12-2014, 07:41 PM

The very nature of any species is to procreate. Being of mind in opposition to nature is the very definition of a mental illness. And 75% of psychiatrist agree (http://www.unitedstatespsychiatricassociation.com/).

Al Bundy
05-12-2014, 07:45 PM

and from blood transfusions, women giving it to men, men giving it to women, straight WHITE junkies sharing needles, GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE WITH THAT SHIT.

ARROW2
05-12-2014, 07:57 PM
and from blood transfusions, women giving it to men, men giving it to women, straight WHITE junkies sharing needles, GET THE **** OUTTA HERE WITH THAT SHIT.

Stay blind my friends

Dante84
05-12-2014, 08:02 PM
The very nature of any species is to procreate. Being of mind in opposition to nature is the very definition of a mental illness. And 75% of psychiatrist agree (http://www.unitedstatespsychiatricassociation.com/).

So 1 guy is 75% sure? Well, that doesn't seem like a strong argument at all!

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-12-2014, 08:44 PM
You are such an asshole. Give examples in my words where I did anything like attempting to discredit him. Otherwise apologize and retract.

It's so fucking gutless to lie about vague ulterior motives when you can't discuss things on the merits. And the Atwaterian appellation is weak a sauce as any on BEPs's or Sportshrink's bullshit.

There are these things we use called words, and not only do they have denotations, but connotations as well.

When you claim that people who are applauding Sam for coming out are turning him into a mascot, that is the very type of bastardization of his stance that you claim others are making.

When you infer that Goodell is setting a dangerous standard by issuing a completely banal statement like "I wish him luck and I hope he succeeds," you're either being a dumbass or you, again, are trying to discredit him by raising the possibility that he'll receive preferential treatment.

We haven't even established that Michael Sam is going to get a fair chance yet; we've only seen that he won't be completely excluded, yet you're taking the first hill to bitch about the implications of Goodell's meaningless utterance, just like you bitched about people supporting Sam, as though one can't support him and his choice without ulterior political motive.

In essence, you're bitching about him being co-opted while taking every opportunity to ensure that any success he has will be problematized. If he makes the team, then the whispers of favoritism begin. If he gets drafted, it's possibly because the commissioner exerted force on his bosses (a special JFC :facepalm: for that one).

For someone who wants him to succeed, you sure have no problem taking an adversarial position to any advance he makes.

Baby Lee
05-12-2014, 09:09 PM
There are these things we use called words, and not only do they have denotations, but connotations as well.

When you claim that people who are applauding Sam for coming out are turning him into a mascot, that is the very type of bastardization of his stance that you claim others are making.

When you infer that Goodell is setting a dangerous standard by issuing a completely banal statement like "I wish him luck and I hope he succeeds," you're either being a dumbass or you, again, are trying to discredit him by raising the possibility that he'll receive preferential treatment.

We haven't even established that Michael Sam is going to get a fair chance yet; we've only seen that he won't be completely excluded, yet you're taking the first hill to bitch about the implications of Goodell's meaningless utterance, just like you bitched about people supporting Sam, as though one can't support him and his choice without ulterior political motive.

In essence, you're bitching about him being co-opted while taking every opportunity to ensure that any success he has will be problematized. If he makes the team, then the whispers of favoritism begin. If he gets drafted, it's possibly because the commissioner exerted force on his bosses (a special JFC :facepalm: for that one).

For someone who wants him to succeed, you sure have no problem taking an adversarial position to any advance he makes.

First, there's a difference between congratulating him, and insisting that the fact that he is gay, . . . . . . . and drafted is the biggest story of the draft, perhaps the NFL, given his wishes to be 'Michael Sam, football player.'<-- that thing after the 'r' is called a period.

The Goodell matter is an entirely different matter, having to do with Goodell. Don't pretend, just because it's about MS, that Goodell over-inserting his personal preferences into important aspects of the game hasn't been a source of complaint for fans and analysts alike.

As I referenced early on, given MS's express wishes, the best approach is akin to his Mizzou teammates.

MS - I'm gay
Us - Really. Thanks for the info.

- and fin.

TimeForWasp
05-12-2014, 09:57 PM

He is a packer, no matter what.

Mr. Kotter
05-12-2014, 10:16 PM
Hamas...I really do love you in real life, sir--for your service, sincerity, integrity, and loyalty. However, Baby Lee (no friend of mine, it would appear) totally owned you libs..on this topic. Just sayin'...

Prison Bitch
05-13-2014, 08:04 AM
The true tragedy is that these nutball elites cater to the leftists when this issue divides the country. Suspending this Miami safety is akin to the NFL sanctioning Kurt Warner for opposing stem cell research or Tebow for being pro-life. These are all perfectly legitimate views that the NFL has no effing right to embroil themselves into.

Now, if the guy had tweeted about pedophilia or Holocaust denial or defending dog fighting etc (things uniformally agreed as nasty beliefs), that's completely different.

ChiefsLV
05-13-2014, 08:34 AM
The true tragedy is that these nutball elites cater to the leftists when this issue divides the country. Suspending this Miami safety is akin to the NFL sanctioning Kurt Warner for opposing stem cell research or Tebow for being pro-life. These are all perfectly legitimate views that the NFL has no effing right to embroil themselves into.

Now, if the guy had tweeted about pedophilia or Holocaust denial or defending dog fighting etc (things uniformally agreed as nasty beliefs), that's completely different.

We use this thing called reason to determine that pedophilia, extermination of the masses, and dog fighting produce clear victims. Bad analogy bordering on slippery slope. But you've been made aware of this before and just keep posing the same fallacious arguments.

Prison Bitch
05-13-2014, 08:38 AM
We use this thing called reason to determine that pedophilia, extermination of the masses, and dog fighting produce clear victims. Bad analogy bordering on slippery slope. But you've been made aware of this before and just keep posing the same fallacious arguments.

Re-state that, because you're not being clear. I think the gay issue is a contentious one that splits the nation and these beliefs have legitimacy. Because of that, companies/NFL should stay out of it. Do you disagree?

Eleazar
05-13-2014, 08:50 AM

Agreed

Saulbadguy
05-13-2014, 08:54 AM
Re-state that, because you're not being clear. I think the gay issue is a contentious one that splits the nation and these beliefs have legitimacy. Because of that, companies/NFL should stay out of it. Do you disagree?

Companies/NFL should not stay out of it. They should do the right thing.

journeyscarab
05-13-2014, 10:13 AM
Cakin patna.

Titty Meat
05-13-2014, 10:22 AM
Cakin patna.

Christopher street boy

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-13-2014, 11:59 AM
Hamas...I really do love you in real life, sir--for your service, sincerity, integrity, and loyalty. However, Baby Lee (no friend of mine, it would appear) totally owned you libs..on this topic. Just sayin'...

That's your opinion, but I also think it's one informed by your worldview regarding this topic. I have a hard time seeing you as an impartial arbiter in this case.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-13-2014, 12:12 PM
First, there's a difference between congratulating him, and insisting that the fact that he is gay, . . . . . . . and drafted is the biggest story of the draft, perhaps the NFL, given his wishes to be 'Michael Sam, football player.'<-- that thing after the 'r' is called a period.

The Goodell matter is an entirely different matter, having to do with Goodell. Don't pretend, just because it's about MS, that Goodell over-inserting his personal preferences into important aspects of the game hasn't been a source of complaint for fans and analysts alike.

As I referenced early on, given MS's express wishes, the best approach is akin to his Mizzou teammates.

MS - I'm gay
Us - Really. Thanks for the info.

- and fin.

This post is just ignorant of history and social context.

Sam had been on that team for four years before he came out. He'd had years to establish relationships with fellow players and had become a team leader. There was always going to be a broader level of acceptance since they knew him and had seen him succeed as a player of that team. That's an entirely different scenario than him being selected by a new team in an organization filled with people and players he didn't know.

He wants to be "Michael Sam football player," but that's not a realistic goal given that he is the first person to do this. The outrage over him showing affection with his partner is proof that he can't merely be that. He may want that, but it's a naive goal, and it's not because he's being used as a tool by those who support him, but due to the stigma that exists in the NFL over even wanting to have him on a team. As long as GMs, players, and personnel people are worried about his integration into the team he's still an Other.

Also, you make the assumption that Goodell is over-inserting his personal preference without any proof that he's actually doing so.

You know what his initial statement was?

"Good for him."

And you know what he said five days ago (certainly you do, since you've repeatedly taken it out of context)?

“I want to see Michael Sam get an opportunity to play in the NFL,” Goodell said on ESPN. “We like to say the NFL is the ultimate meritocracy. If you can play football, they want to see you play. The teams want you. The fans want you. And that’s ultimately what it’s all about. I have great respect for Michael, his courage, his decision to become public, and I’m optimistic that he’s going to get that opportunity, and hopefully he can play at this level.”

He said he hopes he can play. He didn't say I hope a team signs and holds on to him. He stated that the NFL is a meritocracy and he's glad that Sam is going to get the opportunity to see if he is meritorious enough to belong.

You're trying to affect an appearance of impartiality regarding Sam, but the way in which you categorize his supporters, his actions and Goodell's words indicate a far different reality.

You're dropping cyanide in every well along the way while claiming Sam's supporters took a shit in it.

It's craven bullshit.

Mr. Kotter
05-13-2014, 01:01 PM
That's your opinion, but I also think it's one informed by your worldview regarding this topic. I have a hard time seeing you as an impartial arbiter in this case.

Right. Yet, your own worldview has no bearing on your own "enlightened" take on this topic? I have no confidence whatsoever in your ability to be an objective observer...so I guess we are even on that point.