PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs LNBS: Aaron Murray will be our Nick Foles

BossChief
05-12-2014, 08:48 PM
I think both guys waited a year too long to enter the draft.

If Nick Foles had come out after his junior year, he would have had a chance to be a first round pick. If Aaron Murray came out last year, he would have, too. Heck, Tony Dungy said on espn last year that he would take Aaron Murray first overall if he had come out.

I know some here have said the guy won't ever have a chance to start, but I really think the kid can do everything Alex Smith did last year and then some, if given the chance.

staylor26
05-12-2014, 08:52 PM
I think both guys waited a year too long to enter the draft.

If Nick Foles had come out after his junior year, he would have had a chance to be a first round pick. If Aaron Murray came out last year, he would have, too. Heck, Tony Dungy said on espn last year that he would take Aaron Murray first overall if he had come out.

I know some here have said the guy won't ever have a chance to start, but I really think the kid can do everything Alex Smith did last year and then some, if given the chance.

This. One more thing, Aaron Murray might throw that back shoulder throw better than any QB I've ever seen coming out of college. That's becoming a staple in NFL offenses all around the league, and it's virtually unstoppable. He can make all the other necessary throws also and his arm strength is better than people say. He's a very underrated passer in general.

mcaj22
05-12-2014, 08:55 PM
The only difference is, (and a big one) is that Foles has a fucking cannon arm and some size while Murray's got a noodle and he's a midget.

So you are basically hoping he somehow becomes low-end Jeff Garcia high-end Drew Brees.

Chief_For_Life58
05-12-2014, 08:56 PM
can't wait till Ricky stanzi gets some playing time...he's our Tom Brady

Mr_Tomahawk
05-12-2014, 08:59 PM
The only difference is, (and a big one) is that Foles has a ****ing cannon arm and some size while Murray's got a noodle and he's a midget.

So you are basically hoping he somehow becomes low-end Jeff Garcia high-end Drew Brees.

This.

BossChief
05-12-2014, 09:03 PM
The only difference is, (and a big one) is that Foles has a ****ing cannon arm and some size while Murray's got a noodle and he's a midget.

He doesn't have a noodle arm.

Lex Luthor
05-12-2014, 09:03 PM

This.

Mr_Tomahawk
05-12-2014, 09:04 PM

Average.

ChiTown
05-12-2014, 09:04 PM

JFC

He is undersized but he DOES NOT have a noodle arm. Dumbass

Lex Luthor
05-12-2014, 09:07 PM
People love to throw out the term "noodle arm" without really understanding that some of the best quarterbacks of all time didn't have cannons.

Joe Montana sure as hell didn't have a cannon. Neither did Fran Tarkenton, Drew Brees, or Joe Namath.

Elvis Grbac had a cannon. So did Jeff George, JaMarcus Russell, and Ryan Leaf.

So stop already with the noodle arm bullshit argument.

milkman
05-12-2014, 09:08 PM
I like Murray, and thought more highly of him than a 5th round QB.

But generally 5th rounders are 5th rounders for a reason.

I would really love to see us, for once, be the team that finds that hidden gem, but I won't be holding my breath.

Sassy Squatch
05-12-2014, 09:08 PM
Since when does an average NFL arm = Noodle? Fucking retarded assertion.

ChiTown
05-12-2014, 09:10 PM
I wish the intrawebnets were around when Jerry Rice was drafted. "He's a lead ass with no speed. Dude runs a 4.55!!!!! He gonna suck111111!!!!!!"

Lex Luthor
05-12-2014, 09:10 PM
And by the way, Brokie Croyle had a cannon. He never won an NFL game.

BossChief
05-12-2014, 09:13 PM

I would really love to see us, for once, be the team that finds that hidden gem, but I won't be holding my breath.

He blew out his knee late in November.

ChiTown
05-12-2014, 09:14 PM

And threw a TD pass shortly after he blew out his knee.

RealSNR
05-12-2014, 09:15 PM
I had the QBs ranked like this pre-draft:

Bridgewater
Bortles
Carr
Murray
Manziel
Savage
Bunch of other dudes guaranteed to suck

I'm more pissed about passing on Bridgewater than Manziel. So after that, Murray was the QB I wanted the entire time. It's unbelievable to me that we got him in the 5th.

He's got far more starting potential than a lot of people on here are giving him credit for. His floor is as a Chase Daniel backup. That's his floor. Which is damn high and kind of impressive, really.

The path to becoming a starter in the pros for him isn't as unlikely as some people are saying. I'm still not holding my breath for him to do it, but it's no worse than most other QBs you get from the 2nd round and later.

At this point, the biggest dragon for him to slay is Buttchin, and the sooner he does it the better. I'll be rooting for him, certainly.

Tribal Warfare
05-12-2014, 09:15 PM
I wish the intrawebnets were around when Jerry Rice was drafted. "He's a lead ass with no speed. Dude runs a 4.55!!!!! He gonna suck111111!!!!!!"

4.67 actually

ChiTown
05-12-2014, 09:16 PM
4.67 actually

Excellent, even better.:D

milkman
05-12-2014, 09:17 PM

I'm aware of that.

Watched a lot of Murray, and have always liked him.
Felt he has the same kind of accuracy and anticipation in his game as Brees.

But if he was really thought of as a high draft pick before the knee, I really doubt that knee would have caused a drop into the fifth round.

RealSNR
05-12-2014, 09:18 PM
People love to throw out the term "noodle arm" without really understanding that some of the best quarterbacks of all time didn't have cannons.

Joe Montana sure as hell didn't have a cannon. Neither did Fran Tarkenton, Drew Brees, or Joe Namath.

This.

If you wanna see a real noodle arm, plug in some highlight tape of Downfield Damon Huard. THAT'S a noodle arm.

Tribal Warfare
05-12-2014, 09:24 PM
This.

If you wanna see a real noodle arm, plug in some highlight tape of Downfield Damon Huard. THAT'S a noodle arm.

Matt "Pro Bowl" Cassel *drops the mic*

BossChief
05-12-2014, 09:24 PM
I'm aware of that.

But if he was really thought of as a high draft pick before the knee, I really doubt that knee would have caused a drop into the fifth round.

How far would Russel Wilson have fell if he blew out his knee in November of his final year in college?

Discuss Thrower
05-12-2014, 09:26 PM

Probably because NFL scouts caught on the fact his track record against top college defenses is pretty lackluster to say it nicely.

Not saying that's going to be a prohibitive factor from here on out but that's my guess.

Mr_Tomahawk
05-12-2014, 09:26 PM
I'd rather have Foles.

Lex Luthor
05-12-2014, 09:30 PM
I'd rather have Foles.

You'd rather have the guy who was brilliant last year in the NFL over an unproven rookie.

Wow, way to go out on a limb there.

BossChief
05-12-2014, 09:33 PM
Probably because NFL scouts caught on the fact his track record against top college defenses is pretty lackluster to say it nicely.

Not saying that's going to be a prohibitive factor from here on out but that's my guess.

Which games aainst good defenses did he struggle in last year?

298 yards 4tds 1int and a rushing td against LSU
309 yards 4tds 0ints against S Carolina
415 yards 2td passing 2rushing tds 1int against Auburn

I'm struggling to find the bad games from last year...

Deberg_1990
05-12-2014, 09:35 PM
Or he could be our Kevin Kolb or AJ Feeley

RealSNR
05-12-2014, 09:38 PM
You'd rather have the guy who was brilliant last year in the NFL over an unproven rookie.

Wow, way to go out on a limb there.

He would also rather eat cake than stick his penis in a light socket.

It's true! Just ask him!

HoneyBadger
05-12-2014, 09:39 PM
The only difference is, (and a big one) is that Foles has a fucking cannon arm and some size while Murray's got a noodle and he's a midget.

Manning does alright with a noodle arm.

Direckshun
05-12-2014, 09:39 PM
A big arm is overrated. All you need is better than a wet noodle arm, and Murray definitely has an adequate arm.

I agree with BossChief. Murray meets all of Foles's elements.

milkman
05-12-2014, 09:40 PM
How far would Russel Wilson have fell if he blew out his knee in November of his final year in college?

That's a good question and gives me pause for thought.

I didn't really see a lot of Wilson in college, so I have no foundation to speculate.

BossChief
05-12-2014, 09:43 PM
Murray's arm is just as strong as Brees arm. IMO it's stronger, but that's subjective. Dude pushed the ball down field for Georgia every game.

Not sure where this nonsense is coming from that he has a weak arm.

milkman
05-12-2014, 09:45 PM

I think he might be talking about how it seemed that Murray seemed to come up short late in big games.

I tend to blame Richt and the offensive staff, but I could see how that might color an opinion.

L.A. Chieffan
05-12-2014, 09:45 PM
Only one problem. Foles is actually good.

milkman
05-12-2014, 09:46 PM
Murray's arm is just as strong as Brees arm. Dude pushed the ball down field for Georgia every game.

Not sure where this nonsense is coming from that he has a weak arm.

Brees doesn't have a strong arm.

He makes his money with accuracy and anticipation.

BossChief
05-12-2014, 09:47 PM
I think he might be talking about how it seemed that Murray seemed to come up short late in big games.

I tend to blame Richt and the offensive staff, but I could see how that might color an opinion.
I thought that's where he was going with that and that's why I was trying to lead this back to Nick Foles.

Foles "came up short" a lot as a senior and lost a lot of shoot outs. I think that's part of what knocked his stock down, too.

SPATCH
05-12-2014, 09:48 PM
Every 6-0 tall white quarterback is automatically Drew Brees.

Sort of how every small, white slot receiver is Wes Welker.

milkman
05-12-2014, 09:49 PM
I thought that's where he was going with that and that's why I was trying to lead this back to Nick Foles.

Foles "came up short" a lot as a senior and lost a lot of shoot outs. I think that's part of what knocked his stock down, too.

Yeah, I agree.

I really liked Foles coming out too.

BossChief
05-12-2014, 09:50 PM

What I'm saying is his arm isn't a liability to his game.

If a receiver has a step on his man on a deep route, Aaron Murray's arm isn't gonna keep him from completing those passes in the NFL. His arm is plenty strong enough to throw the deep comeback, deep outs, basically every route he would ever be asked to throw in this offense.

milkman
05-12-2014, 09:50 PM
Every 6-0 tall white quarterback is automatically Drew Brees.

Sort of how every small, white slot receiver is Wes Welker.

Russel Wilson isn't Drew Brees.

And Chase Daniel sure as hell isn't either.

Urc Burry
05-12-2014, 09:52 PM
The LSU tape is a thing of beauty. He doesn't exactly have a lot to work with either

mcaj22
Manning does alright with a noodle arm.

Manning has a noodle arm because of his injury.

The fact that you are evening using Peyton Manning to defend 5th round pick Aaron Murray is a fucking reach of a counter argument in itself.

Pasta Little Brioni
This guy has 1st round talent. Definitely not available in the 5th without the injury. That and height I guess.

Deberg_1990
05-12-2014, 09:54 PM
A big arm is overrated. All you need is better than a wet noodle arm, and Murray definitely has an adequate arm.

I agree with BossChief. Murray meets all of Foles's elements.

Didn't he have a bad pro day or workout? Maybe that's where it started? Who knows.....I wouldn't say it's the strongest arm, but it's plenty strong enough from games I've seen him in.

BossChief
05-12-2014, 09:54 PM
The nice thing about having Murray is they can probably start him out on pup and let Bray have his chance to lock down the 2 spot so we can cut Daniel loose and free up a bunch of money this year and next.

That will be huge if it can happen because I think a shit load of very talented vets are gonna get unexpectedly cut this offseason because of rookies taking their jobs...sure would be nice to have more money to add those guys to the roster, or to have more money to lock up guys like Houston or Berry.

KcMizzou
05-12-2014, 09:55 PM
If we flip Murray for a 2nd in a couple years, great. That's the worst case scenario.

Keep drafting QB's 'till you strike gold.

BossChief
05-12-2014, 09:57 PM
Didn't he have a bad pro day or workout? Maybe that's where it started? Who knows.....I wouldn't say it's the strongest arm, but it's plenty strong enough from games I've seen him in.
Foles had a terrible pro day.

Scouts repeatedly asked him to throw certain routes with a tight spiral and he couldn't do it.

That scared off teams that play a lot in bad weather because if you can't throw those routes in the meadowlands in December, they don't want you.

Andy Reid sees things like that as correctable.

BossChief
05-12-2014, 10:00 PM
Alex Smith needs to have a career year against a murderers row of good defenses next year to be locked up long term.

If he doesn't, I can see Aaron Murray having a chance to Foles him...but not as a rookie due to injury rehab...more probably in 2015 if Alex is still struggling at the halfway point.

Discuss Thrower
05-12-2014, 10:02 PM

That's my conclusion looking at this chart: (Q'ing myself, yeah I know)

http://i.imgur.com/MbLTDsL.png

The split between bad defenses and competent ones is what I'm talking about.

TripleThreat
05-12-2014, 10:04 PM

Honestly, Joe was always dinking and dunking for 5-6 yard gains and he has a lot of YPAC in his career as well with the RB's and crazy Jerry..

Tbh, and I know 99% would disagree, but alex plays the game a lot like Joe did... Joe never threw for 4k+ yards in his entire career (got close) but you can see how "attempts" really are a factor for how many yards a QB racks up... Montana is argued to be the greatest of all time, but by stats wise for some, he is getting out slinged by over half the NFL's QBs at the moment in terms of Yards and Touchdowns...

Everybody is always throwing around omgg best QB he threw 5k yards X amount of TD's but the people who really understand football understand that those QB's are attempting close to 200+ more passes than other QB's and are throwing the ball more in the redzone than other QB's.. And it has nothing to do with "well the coaches trust them that's why they do that". No.. Coaches like Mike Martz, Norv Turner, Sean payton will always be throw first coaches, if they don't like the QB throwing they will just get a new one, but each coach has there scheme..

(for example) Andy Reid likes to throw the ball, its not a coincidence that this last year was Alex's most attempts ever in his career and that's just Year 1 with Andy and Co... I can see those attempts sky rocketing if not at the very least more in 2014 with more time and understanding of the offense/team after Year1..

mcaj22
05-12-2014, 10:11 PM
Alex Smith needs to have a career year against a murderers row of good defenses next year to be locked up long term.

If he doesn't, I can see Aaron Murray having a chance to Foles him...but not as a rookie due to injury rehab...more probably in 2015 if Alex is still struggling at the halfway point.

and if the extension comes before he plays out against murders row and we are locked into him for 3-4 seasons? Then what? Murray sits for almost 5 years?

DeezNutz
05-12-2014, 10:12 PM
Murray has a weak arm, and Ford is a 34 DE.

BossChief
05-12-2014, 10:13 PM
and if the extension comes before he plays out against murders row and we are locked into him for 3-4 seasons? Then what? Murray sits for almost 5 years?

The only extension they will give him will be a reasonable one.

They can keep him in KC the next 3 years for a total of 44 million by tagging him twice after this year.

Ragged Robin
05-12-2014, 10:14 PM
Aaron Murray will be our 2013 Tyler Bray.

BossChief
05-12-2014, 10:15 PM
Murray has a weak arm, and Ford is a 34 DE.

Exactly.

Where does this shit come from?

It's a shame he got injured when he did because Murray could have Ealy helped his draft stock during the senior bowl.

Good for us, though.

DeezNutz
05-12-2014, 10:16 PM
Tyler Bray is the version of Ricky Stanzi who is not holding a lottery ticket.

I hope like hell that Bray is released before the start of PS so that I never have to read his name again.

BossChief
05-12-2014, 10:16 PM
Aaron Murray will be our 2013 Tyler Bray.

Not even close.

Bray is a guy that has a strong arm and NOTHING else. For the WCO, he is/was a big time project.

Murray could teach Bray a lot about being a quarterback.

The Franchise
05-12-2014, 10:19 PM
Tyler Bray is the version of Ricky Stanzi who is not holding a lottery ticket.

I hope like hell that Bray is released before the start of PS so that I never have to read his name again.

LMAO

BossChief
05-12-2014, 10:21 PM

I'd tend to agree.

All I saw from Bray at camp was a guy that could throw a perfect deep pass, but had no sense for pressure, his ball security was poor, his feet were slow as shit and he seemed to force the deep ball.

Not much of that translates to the WCO without a huge project undertaking and I'm not sure Bray has what it takes between the ears to complete such a task.

DeezNutz
05-12-2014, 10:25 PM
I'd tend to agree.

All I saw from Bray at camp was a guy that could throw a perfect deep pass, but had no sense for pressure, his ball security was poor, his feet were slow as shit and he seemed to force the deep ball.

Not much of that translates to the WCO without a huge project undertaking and I'm not sure Bray has what it takes between the ears to complete such a task.

Some truly stupid shit has been posted recently about wanting to release Daniel and keep Bray and Murray.

Why?

So when Smith goes down, which is entirely possible given his track record, the Chiefs have absolutely zero ****ing chance of even being representable on Sundays? So we can try to replicate the Tyler mother****ing Palko era?

But, but, but Daniel[s] sucks!!2!! Yeah, and he's a mother****ing HOFer compared to the likes of UDFA Bray. That's reality. And so is Murray.

OldSchool
05-12-2014, 10:27 PM
If Murray was actually any good with starting potential, teams would not pass on him all the way until the 5th round regardless of whether or not he got injured last year. He's a freaken QB who wasn't very mobile in the first place anyways, his ACL injury, if it dropped him at all, would have hurt him by maybe 1 round. Murray is a career backup, not a future star.

DeezNutz
05-12-2014, 10:29 PM
If Murray was actually any good with starting potential, teams would not pass on him all the way until the 5th round regardless of whether or not he got injured last year. He's a freaken QB who wasn't very mobile in the first place anyways, his ACL injury, if it dropped him at all, would have hurt him by maybe 1 round. Murray is a career backup, not a future star.

I can assume only that this post was in no way a response to mine.

BossChief
05-12-2014, 10:34 PM
Some truly stupid shit has been posted recently about wanting to release Daniel and keep Bray and Murray.

Why?

So when Smith goes down, which is entirely possible given his track record, the Chiefs have absolutely zero ****ing chance of even being representable on Sundays? So we can try to replicate the Tyler mother****ing Palko era?

But, but, but Daniel[s] sucks!!2!! Yeah, and he's a mother****ing HOFer compared to the likes of UDFA Bray. That's reality. And so is Murray.

People want to get rid of Daniel because he is due 8 million the next 2 years.

If a vet backup from a WCO shakes loose, I'd love to go into next year with a cheap vet and Aaron Murray as the 2 and 3.

His cap hit in 2015 is 4.8 million.

This will be his last year in KC, anyway.

I don't think Bray offers anything to this offense unless he has utilized every minute of this offseason to hone his skills and develop a lot of skills that seemed completely non existent.

Tribal Warfare
05-12-2014, 10:36 PM
Not even close.

Bray is a guy that has a strong arm and NOTHING else. For the WCO, he is/was a big time project.

Murray could teach Bray a lot about being a quarterback.

He's an Alex only fan, he wants every other QB on the roster to suck except Alex.

RealSNR
05-12-2014, 10:37 PM
If there's one thing I learned from Tomahawk and Tribal Warfare's ultra-creepy Bray stalker thread, it's that Bray has an overinflated ego that loves to soothe itself by relentlessly posting on instagram and impressing his douchebag friends from high school and college. His obsession with his upcoming marriage made me want to barf.

That reminded me exactly of Brodie Croyle, how when Trent Green got traded and the media asked Croyle about the possibility of taking over as starting QB, he responded with something like, "I'm not thinking about that right now. I've got my wedding coming up in June, and that's my first priority."

Yes, being married is one of the most rewarding things you can do with your life. But seriously... weddings fucking suck. Especially when they interfere with the opportunity to become immortal. You're gussying shit up and running errands for your bitch for months on end all so you can see the glorious outcome of all that work in.... a ceremony. What the fuck? We're not saying you can't get married Brodie. We're just telling you to get to Arrowhead's facilities and start putting in craptons of overtime hours starting now. Don't wait until June. You just lost 2-3 months of good worktime over your stupid wedding that will be over in one day, and all you have to remember it by is the leftover stress, shitty pictures, and a bill that will make your parents want to shoot you in the face.

If you're being looked to as an NFL QB, fuck your wedding. You take off one week AT THE MOST between the end of the season and when you can start working out at facilities in March. Either your bitch does all the planning, or you get married in a courthouse. You don't touch that shit. You concentrate on football. Because you're a goddamn QB.

DeezNutz
05-12-2014, 10:39 PM
People want to get rid of Daniel because he is due 8 million the next 2 years.

If a vet backup from a WCO shakes loose, I'd love to go into next year with a cheap vet and Aaron Murray as the 2 and 3.

His cap hit in 2015 is 4.8 million.

This will be his last year in KC, anyway.

I don't think Bray offers anything to this offense unless he has utilized every minute of this offseason to hone his skills and develop a lot of skills that seemed completely non existent.

The Chiefs save $1M against the cap to cut him this season, correct? If that's correct, there's almost zero reason to cut him this year.

Next year, which is completely irrelevant at this point, he's gone. Murray will likely be here. If he shows signs, he might be the #2. If he doesn't, he'll have one more year to develop behind a vet signed (I hope) on the cheap to be the primary backup.

Hell, the Chiefs will likely try to draft over the top of Murray next year, too, if he drinks from the dick sock Stanzi style.

RealSNR
05-12-2014, 10:39 PM
Thanks for your input, Carl Peterson.

mcaj22
05-12-2014, 10:40 PM
The only extension they will give him will be a reasonable one.

They can keep him in KC the next 3 years for a total of 44 million by tagging him twice after this year.

you have only one franchise tag and we have two players to give it to: Alex Smith and Justin Houston.

If Alex Smith gets locked up first, your entire Aaron Murray is the future then has a huge roadblock in it.

If Houston gets the extension first, then your Murray theory is sound. It's basically a race for the first domino to fall.

If neither get extended by the time the season starts, the Chiefs are fucked.

DeezNutz
05-12-2014, 10:43 PM
Where is the Dane bat light? There are a lot of mothers who need to be fucked in this thread.

Holla at Sauto when you see him in the street.

Tribal Warfare
05-12-2014, 10:44 PM
If there's one thing I learned from Tomahawk and Tribal Warfare's ultra-creepy Bray stalker thread, it's that Bray has an overinflated ego that loves to soothe itself by relentlessly posting on instagram and impressing his douchebag friends from high school and college. His obsession with his upcoming marriage made me want to barf.

That reminded me exactly of Brodie Croyle, how when Trent Green got traded and the media asked Croyle about the possibility of taking over as starting QB, he responded with something like, "I'm not thinking about that right now. I've got my wedding coming up in June, and that's my first priority."

Yes, being married is one of the most rewarding things you can do with your life. But seriously... weddings fucking suck. Especially when they interfere with the opportunity to become immortal. You're gussying shit up and running errands for your bitch for months on end all so you can see the glorious outcome of all that work in.... a ceremony. What the fuck? We're not saying you can't get married Brodie. We're just telling you to get to Arrowhead's facilities and start putting in craptons of overtime hours starting now. Don't wait until June. You just lost 2-3 months of good worktime over your stupid wedding that will be over in one day, and all you have to remember it by is the leftover stress, shitty pictures, and a bill that will make your parents want to shoot you in the face.

If you're being looked to as an NFL QB, fuck your wedding. You take off one week AT THE MOST between the end of the season and when you can start working out at facilities in March. Either your bitch does all the planning, or you get married in a courthouse. You don't touch that shit. You concentrate on football. Because you're a goddamn QB.

LOL, I was messing around with that shit

If you want to take it seriously, then I can't help you

BossChief
05-12-2014, 10:45 PM
I agree, SNR.

If you want a chance to be a starting quarterback in the nfl, it's not just a full time job..it's an 80 hour a week career.

You need to get to the facility the same time as your coaches do and when you leave you need to have film with you and watch film 1-3 hours per night on your own time...with teammates. When you aren't doing tat, you need to be spending a lot of time with your OL building chemistry...then sending a lot of time with your receivers on the fields to develop chemistry.

Being a successful NFL QB has a lot more to do with preparation than having a hot wife and being able to throw 70 yard passes.

BossChief
05-12-2014, 10:47 PM
you have only one franchise tag and we have two players to give it to: Alex Smith and Justin Houston.

If Alex Smith gets locked up first, your entire Aaron Murray is the future then has a huge roadblock in it.

If Houston gets the extension first, then your Murray theory is sound. It's basically a race for the first domino to fall.

If neither get extended by the time the season starts, the Chiefs are ****ed.

After signing draft picks, they won't have more than 3 million left.

Neither guy is getting signed long term till next offseason.

RealSNR
05-12-2014, 10:49 PM
I agree, SNR.

If you want a chance to be a starting quarterback in the nfl, it's not just a full time job..it's an 80 hour a week career.

You need to get to the facility the same time as your coaches do and when you leave you need to have film with you and watch film 1-3 hours per night on your own time...with teammates. When you aren't doing tat, you need to be spending a lot of time with your OL building chemistry...then sending a lot of time with your receivers on the fields to develop chemistry.

Being a successful NFL QB has a lot more to do with preparation than having a hot wife and being able to throw 70 yard passes.

If I were a head coach, I'd make all my QBs marry mean and ugly women so they have extra motivation to stay away from home as much as possible.

Like, I'd pay Kate Gosselin to marry whichever guy I draft.

RealSNR
05-12-2014, 10:50 PM
LOL, I was messing around with that shit

If you want to take it seriously, then I can't help you

I know you were. But the tweets and instagrams nevertheless revealed that Tyler Bray is too much of an airhead and a douchebag to ever put his arm talent to good use in the pros

BossChief
05-12-2014, 10:52 PM
The Chiefs save $1M against the cap to cut him this season, correct? If that's correct, there's almost zero reason to cut him this year.

Next year, which is completely irrelevant at this point, he's gone. Murray will likely be here. If he shows signs, he might be the #2. If he doesn't, he'll have one more year to develop behind a vet signed (I hope) on the cheap to be the primary backup.

Hell, the Chiefs will likely try to draft over the top of Murray next year, too, if he drinks from the dick sock Stanzi style.
I wonder if Stanzi will make the Jags roster

Discuss Thrower
05-12-2014, 10:58 PM
Have you anything to say about the spreadsheet I linked early BC? Because I'd like to hear your take on it as it relates to Murray and the other recently drafted QBs.

OldSchool
05-12-2014, 11:04 PM
The fact is this.

Dorsey is a guy who stays true to his board.

His board told him that Aaron Murray was the 163rd best player in this entire draft and a 5th round talent. Hell, 31 other teams in the league decided that Aaron Murray wasn't worth taking before the 163rd pick of the draft. If he thought that Murray was better than that or any more than a backup in this league, he would have taken him in the 3rd at the very latest. Good QBs are valued too high for teams to just allow them to slip in the draft and hope that they can get them later.

You guys keep comparing him to Drew Brees and Russel Wilson. With the success of those two in this league, do you really think that, with the amount of tape that he has, if teams honestly thought that Murray had that kind of upside, he would get passed up by every QB needy team in this league and by every team that has an aging starter?

It's a QB driven league; QBs are valued astronomically higher than most any other position and even if you already have a solid starter, a high quality back-up still has tremendous value as trade bait or an emergency starter.

It's no accident that Murray was available at the 23rd pick in the 5th round after no team sought fit to even spend a supplemental pick on him in the two rounds prior.

Let's try to temper our expectations for him. ROFL

keg in kc
05-12-2014, 11:12 PM
I don't get where the noodle arm stuff with murray comes from. Not every NFL QB is going to have Jeff George's arm. If a guy can learn an offense that fits his skillset (and that of his teammates) intricately, can read defenses like a book, and has enough arm strength to lead receivers into small windows, he'll be okay.

"Adequate" is actually fine, in terms of arm strength, if the other tools are more than that. That's how Trent Green averaged nearly 4000 yards a season here for half a decade, and it's why Tom Brady and most likely Drew Brees will be going into the Hall of Fame. Hell, I'm not even sure the mental part isn't the most important facet of them all, for all the fascination we have with the physical attributes.

BossChief
05-12-2014, 11:13 PM
It's a nice resource, and it's worth keeping an eye on his performance against the better defenses if he ever earns a chance to lead an NFL team.

If you want my personal opinion, I think that with quarterbacks, you look for growth in not only production but moreso with the capacity of what the player can understand, interpret and translate classroom football with what happens on the field the fastest and most efficiently.

I think these numbers are based on his career as a whole and if you weigh the averages with what he was able to do last year, you will see that growth.

He had really good games against LSU, Auburn and S Carolina last year.

I'm glad we drafted him.

keg in kc
05-12-2014, 11:16 PM
The fact is this.

His board told him that Aaron Murray was the 163rd best player in this entire draft and a 5th round talent. Has Dorsey actually said that? That Murray was the 163rd best player on his board? He might've been the 125th rated player for all we know.

BossChief
05-12-2014, 11:20 PM
If Nick Foles had hurt his acl in November of his senior year, he would have fallen to the area Aaron Murray did.

Same goes for Russel Wilson.

I'm not sure how much weight the comments Tony Dungy made about Murray hold, but he said he'd take Aaron Murray first overall before the 2013 draft.

RealSNR
05-12-2014, 11:20 PM
The fact is this.

His board told him that Aaron Murray was the 163rd best player in this entire draft and a 5th round talent. Hell, 31 other teams in the league decided that Aaron Murray wasn't worth taking before the 163rd pick of the draft. If he thought that Murray was better than that or any more than a backup in this league, he would have taken him in the 3rd at the very latest. Good QBs are valued too high for teams to just allow them to slip in the draft and hope that they can get them later.

You guys keep comparing him to Drew Brees and Russel Wilson. With the success of those two in this league, do you really think that, with the amount of tape that he has, if teams honestly thought that Murray had that kind of upside, he would get passed up by every QB needy team in this league and by every team that has an aging starter?

It's a QB driven league; QBs are valued astronomically higher than most any other position and even if you already have a solid starter, a high quality back-up still has tremendous value as trade bait or an emergency starter.

It's no accident that Murray was available at the 23rd pick in the 5th round after no team sought fit to even spend a supplemental pick on him in the two rounds prior.

Let's try to temper our expectations for him. ROFL

This is the part of the debate that turns everything to hell.

It's a complete logical fallacy to claim Murray can't be Brees or Wilson because he was selected at the 163rd pick in the draft. You're using as examples two QBs who were passed up by every single team at least once and saying a third QB can't be those guys BECAUSE teams passed him up repeatedly. Numerous counter-examples exist to poke a hole in your theory, but if any of the legit ones are mentioned (Tom Brady is the most popular) then people like me get accused of comparing Aaron Murray to Tom Brady, which is hardly the case.

If you're going to say a QB can't play in the NFL, talk about his traits, his experience, his shortcomings, and the stuff we can work with.

Again, we're not saying "fuck stats." It's absolutely true that QBs picked in higher rounds do way better than QBs picked in the lower rounds. That's not in question, but nobody is challenging that notion. Just as nobody is challenging the notion that Murray has a tough road to climb to even be considered as a starting QB for a brief amount of time, much less be a great one.

There are ALWAYS exceptions, where QBs fall farther than they should into the middle rounds, a team picks a guy up, and he has a killer career. All people are doing is saying, "Aaron Murray has as good of a chance as any of the soon-to-be washed out late round QBs to make it past backup status." Which is true. Most NFL analysts, scouts, and draft gurus are saying that Murray has some intriguing things about him that can make him not just another Curtis Painter or Ricky Stanzi. That's it.

That's what this conversation is about.

chiefs1111
05-13-2014, 01:21 AM
I know you were. But the tweets and instagrams nevertheless revealed that Tyler Bray is too much of an airhead and a douchebag to ever put his arm talent to good use in the pros

Yup. Bray has a million dollar arm and a ten cent head

Cannibal
05-13-2014, 01:54 AM
He would also rather eat cake than stick his penis in a light socket.

It's true! Just ask him!

ROFL

R8RFAN
05-13-2014, 01:56 AM
http://i.imgur.com/RFHHL.gif

carcosa
05-13-2014, 02:02 AM
I wonder if Reid would pull a Pete Carroll and give the start to Murray if he truly outplayed Smith in camp.

I mean, that's proooobably not going to happen, but I guess my point is: even if Murray has potential to be our Nick Foles, will he get the chance to prove it without having to resort to Tonya Harding-ing Smith's knee?

carcosa
05-13-2014, 02:04 AM
And by the way, Brokie Croyle had a cannon. He never won an NFL game.

That's such a painful legacy. I wonder if he even admits that he played in the NFL? If I were him, I'd hole up in my mini-mansion and wait for my wife to get home from her professional dressage competitions or whatever fanciful thing Kelli Croyle probably does for a living.

Valiant
05-13-2014, 03:00 AM
It is funny some on here use the term noodle arm on QBs that do not have it. I mean for fucks sake we saw it for years in Cassel. I figured most of us could tell the difference.

Chiefnj2
05-13-2014, 04:16 AM
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/46748/349/peshek-qb-metrics-20

That is why he was a 5th rounder

htismaqe
05-13-2014, 05:44 AM
:facepalm:

Nick Foles' measurable >>>>>>> Aaron Murray's measurables.

htismaqe
05-13-2014, 05:45 AM
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/46748/349/peshek-qb-metrics-20

That is why he was a 5th rounder

Get that out of here.

Everything written about Murray on the Internet is a lie.

htismaqe
05-13-2014, 05:47 AM
Thanks for your input, Carl Peterson.

Too bad he's pretty much right.

htismaqe
05-13-2014, 05:50 AM
It's a complete logical fallacy to claim Murray can't be Brees or Wilson because he was selected at the 163rd pick in the draft.

It's also a complete logical fallacy to suggest that he can when really none of the evidence supports it.

Aaron Murray has a lot of things to like. He put up great numbers in the best conference. He has very good accuracy when he concentrates and sets himself.

But Aaron Murray also lacks several things that guys like Brees and Wilson have, namely ice in their veins and the ability to make something out of nothing.

Without the ACL, he wouldn't have been a 1st round pick. Dozens and dozens of scouting reports aren't wrong.

Mosbonian
05-13-2014, 06:06 AM
I agree, SNR.

If you become a successful NFL QB having a hot wife can usually follow pretty easily....although there are some exceptions.

Kind of like putting the cart before the horse to worry about a wedding before a career, especially one that could be as lucrative as an NFL QB.

WhiteWhale
05-13-2014, 06:21 AM

Brees arm is as under-rated as Montana's was.

Yeah, they're not in the top tier, but these guys could throw accurate passes 50 yards in the air. That's beyond strong enough.

Hell, Montana could throw a football 50 yards in the air when he was twelve.

Dave Lane
05-13-2014, 06:48 AM

Why?

Yep UDFA buttchin and his 6 NFL passes before last year just out weights the upside of a young possible QB. Stupid assessment. Daniel is hot garbage plain and simple.

Dayze
05-13-2014, 07:17 AM
I honestly thought Murray would go mid-to-late 3rd round. I think we got exceptional value, and the upside is huge while the risk is minimal.
at worst, we keep him for a few years and cut/trade him
at best, he becomes a starter at some point.

great pick IMO

htismaqe
05-13-2014, 07:27 AM
I honestly thought Murray would go mid-to-late 3rd round. I think we got exceptional value, and the upside is huge while the risk is minimal.
at worst, we keep him for a few years and cut/trade him
at best, he becomes a starter at some point.

great pick IMO

Totally agree.

Reerun_KC
05-13-2014, 07:34 AM
:facepalm:

Nick Foles' measurable >>>>>>> Aaron Murray's measurables.

this place melted down with the thought of drafting Foles...

I would say less than 2% of the people here wanted him...

Now you have people blowing him...

This place never ceases to amazing you with stupidity.

Simply Red
05-13-2014, 07:40 AM
Only one problem. Foles is actually good.

http://i.imgur.com/wNTAR9u.gif

Anyong Bluth
05-13-2014, 07:42 AM
I keep hearing this back and forth about his noodle arm - but does anyone have video showing his inability to make certain throws? Because scouting reports I've seen have stated that he is able to make all the Pro Style throws, and Georgia ran a Pro Style set offense. There was even talk about how familiar with the terminology when the Chiefs interviewed him.

Dayze
05-13-2014, 07:44 AM
serious question; what are the thoughts on Brady's arm strength. I wouldn't consider it a gun by any means.

htismaqe
05-13-2014, 07:45 AM
I keep hearing this back and forth about his noodle arm - but does anyone have video showing his inability to make certain throws? Because scouting reports I've seen have stated that he is able to make all the Pro Style throws, and Georgia ran a Pro Style set offense. There was even talk about how familiar with the terminology when the Chiefs interviewed him.

He doesn't have a noodle arm at all. I don't know where people are getting that.

Some of his boundary throws (like out routes) can take a long time to arrive, which makes him more susceptible to picks at the NFL level.

But his biggest problem is mechanical and can be corrected. If he doesn't get his base set right, he tends to put a lot of balls short and in the dirt and stuff like that.

The bottom line is that this is Chiefsplanet. There's a contingent that thinks he's going to be the #1 starter in 2015 and the next Trent Green and there's a contingent that thinks he's midget garbage.

The simple fact is that neither of those things are really true. He's a good value pick. He definitely has starter upside but his more probable fit is as a long-term backup QB in this league.

BossChief
05-13-2014, 07:47 AM
It's also a complete logical fallacy to suggest that he can when really none of the evidence supports it.

Aaron Murray has a lot of things to like. He put up great numbers in the best conference. He has very good accuracy when he concentrates and sets himself.

But Aaron Murray also lacks several things that guys like Brees and Wilson have, namely ice in their veins and the ability to make something out of nothing.

Without the ACL, he wouldn't have been a 1st round pick. Dozens and dozens of scouting reports aren't wrong.in the 2014 draft, you're right.

In the 2013 draft, he might have been the first QB chosen.

I wonder if Reid would pull a Pete Carroll and give the start to Murray if he truly outplayed Smith in camp.

I mean, that's proooobably not going to happen, but I guess my point is: even if Murray has potential to be our Nick Foles, will he get the chance to prove it without having to resort to Tonya Harding-ing Smith's knee?
He will most likely start the year on pup

Mr_Tomahawk

Rolling out to his right and throwing on the run across his body to the opposite end of the field. A la Aaron Rodgers.

Bray can do this.

Dayze
He doesn't have a noodle arm at all. I don't know where people are getting that.

Some of his boundary throws (like out routes) can take a long time to arrive, which makes him more susceptible to picks at the NFL level.

But his biggest problem is mechanical and can be corrected. If he doesn't get his base set right, he tends to put a lot of balls short and in the dirt and stuff like that.The bottom line is that this is Chiefsplanet. There's a contingent that thinks he's going to be the #1 starter in 2015 and the next Trent Green and there's a contingent that thinks he's midget garbage.

The simple fact is that neither of those things are really true. He's a good value pick. He definitely has starter upside but his more probable fit is as a long-term backup QB in this league.

This is what i noticed as well. he sometimes doesn't hit the swing passes to the back in stride; and some are a bit high. I think it's mostly due to foot work getting a big squirelly

DBOSHO
05-13-2014, 07:52 AM

Why?

I saw more from bray this past preseason than I've ever seen from daniel.

htismaqe
05-13-2014, 07:55 AM
This is what i noticed as well. he sometimes doesn't hit the swing passes to the back in stride; and some are a bit high. I think it's mostly due to foot work getting a big squirelly

Yep.

He got much better this past season but really, his biggest weakness is that he just doesn't focus in the pocket. He tends to get antsy, especially when the rush is on.

The problem is some guys are fearless and some guys aren't. It's definitely something that Murray will have to work on a lot.

Dayze
05-13-2014, 07:59 AM
and, the thing with WCO is getting to your drop depth, whatever it is for that play, and getting the ball out on time to a particular spot. Yeah, I know 'on-time' applies to almost every QB, but I think in the WCO it's critical. and with that comes the football IQ to read pre-snap defenses.

all of which is correctable with coaching.

J Diddy
05-13-2014, 08:01 AM
I've always hated the picking of someone's name out and then saying so and so could be the next him. Just seems silly.

I mean if you're at work as an accountant and been doing it well for 20 years and they hire a new kid fresh out of college, do they say he could be the next you?

buddha
05-13-2014, 08:11 AM
I'm aware of that.

You would be 100% wrong. He didn't shrink in one year, nor did his arm get weaker. If the young man is good enough to be considered a 1st round pick two years ago and drops to the 5th this year, and he hasn't picked up a heroin habit along the way, the ONLY explanation that makes any sense is his ACL injury.

buddha
05-13-2014, 08:13 AM
Rolling out to his right and throwing on the run across his body to the opposite end of the field. A la Aaron Rodgers.

Bray can do this.

Sadly, he can't do anything else that Reid wants him to do. Tomahawk's latest strong-armed QB man crush is about to go bye, bye. LMAO

htismaqe
05-13-2014, 08:13 AM
You would be 100% wrong. He didn't shrink in one year, nor did his arm get weaker. If the young man is good enough to be considered a 1st round pick two years ago and drops to the 5th this year, and he hasn't picked up a heroin habit along the way, the ONLY explanation that makes any sense is his ACL injury.

He wasn't a 1st round pick two years ago. People speculated that he could have been a 1st round pick, like Tony Dungy, but if he really WAS a potential 1st round pick in scouts eyes, the ACL wouldn't have dropped him all the way to the 5th.

buddha
05-13-2014, 08:27 AM
He wasn't a 1st round pick two years ago. People speculated that he could have been a 1st round pick, like Tony Dungy, but if he really WAS a potential 1st round pick in scouts eyes, the ACL wouldn't have dropped him all the way to the 5th.

I read more than one publication that projected him as a 1st round pick. Sorry, I didn't save any of the URLs, but it really doesn't matter.

Six foot QBs don't typically get a lot of love in the NFL draft, no matter how good they are on the field. Murray's accuracy and production were special in college. The reason he fell to the 5th is the ACL injury.

tooge
05-13-2014, 08:27 AM
But, but, but...the chiefs won't ever draft a QB. Ok, they drafted a QB (like they did with Croyle) that is a gamer coming off an injury. Maybe they got a gem. Not a hidden gem, because last year alot of football people were talking him up as one of the better prospects. Hopefully he works out and is a stud that comes in after a year of watching AS play out his contract.

Anyong Bluth
05-13-2014, 08:30 AM
I've always hated the picking of someone's name out and then saying so and so could be the next him. Just seems silly.

I mean if you're at work as an accountant and been doing it well for 20 years and they hire a new kid fresh out of college, do they say he could be the next you?

Nobody gives 2 shits to keep your accounting highlights or scout your replacement. Nobody turns on the tv to watch Sunday or Monday Night Accounting.

Nor Draft.

RealSNR
05-13-2014, 08:33 AM

Without the ACL, he wouldn't have been a 1st round pick. Dozens and dozens of scouting reports aren't wrong.

Read my post again, particularly the part about the logical fallacy.

htismaqe
05-13-2014, 08:38 AM
Read my post again, particularly the part about the logical fallacy.

I wasn't talking specifically about you - you're post just gave me an adequate "in" into the conversation.

I was talking more about this seeming attitude that Murray IS going to be special rather than reality, which is that he COULD be.

KC_Lee
05-13-2014, 08:40 AM
But, but, but...the chiefs won't ever draft a QB. Ok, they drafted a QB (like they did with Croyle) that is a gamer coming off an injury. Maybe they got a gem. Not a hidden gem, because last year alot of football people were talking him up as one of the better prospects. Hopefully he works out and is a stud that comes in after a year of watching AS play out his contract.

And maybe a magical unicorn that craps gold will come live in my back yard but it ain't gonna happen.

saphojunkie
05-13-2014, 08:42 AM
This is the part of the debate that turns everything to hell.

It's a complete logical fallacy to claim Murray can't be Brees or Wilson because he was selected at the 163rd pick in the draft. You're using as examples two QBs who were passed up by every single team at least once and saying a third QB can't be those guys BECAUSE teams passed him up repeatedly. Numerous counter-examples exist to poke a hole in your theory, but if any of the legit ones are mentioned (Tom Brady is the most popular) then people like me get accused of comparing Aaron Murray to Tom Brady, which is hardly the case.

If you're going to say a QB can't play in the NFL, talk about his traits, his experience, his shortcomings, and the stuff we can work with.

Again, we're not saying "**** stats." It's absolutely true that QBs picked in higher rounds do way better than QBs picked in the lower rounds. That's not in question, but nobody is challenging that notion. Just as nobody is challenging the notion that Murray has a tough road to climb to even be considered as a starting QB for a brief amount of time, much less be a great one.

There are ALWAYS exceptions, where QBs fall farther than they should into the middle rounds, a team picks a guy up, and he has a killer career. All people are doing is saying, "Aaron Murray has as good of a chance as any of the soon-to-be washed out late round QBs to make it past backup status." Which is true. Most NFL analysts, scouts, and draft gurus are saying that Murray has some intriguing things about him that can make him not just another Curtis Painter or Ricky Stanzi. That's it.

That's what this conversation is about.

Yep. It's frustrating that people continue to have the same argument that a guy can only be X good if he went in X round. Because all you have to say is "Tom Brady." And then everyone gets annoyed, because you're using an old, rehashed argument.

They retort that Brady and Brees and Wilson are anomalies, because they have talent that was dismissed - talent that Murray doesn't have. But right there is the point - bring the argument back to the actual player.

Because debating what round some guy went in as the sole indicator of success is next to worthless. All it takes is one example to completely discredit it.

Eleazar
05-13-2014, 08:44 AM
I like the Aaron Murray pick, but maybe we should have some kind of a pool where we guess the date of the first "Murray should start over Smith" thread.

Eleazar
05-13-2014, 08:46 AM
I read more than one publication that projected him as a 1st round pick. Sorry, I didn't save any of the URLs, but it really doesn't matter.

Six foot QBs don't typically get a lot of love in the NFL draft, no matter how good they are on the field. Murray's accuracy and production were special in college. The reason he fell to the 5th is the ACL injury.

I think the reason he fell was because of the ACL injury, plus a prior broken leg, plus concerns about his height, plus concerns about his arm strength, plus concerns about how he performed in some of the big games he played.

I like Murray a lot, and I think we may have gotten the best value for a QB in the draft. But we didn't get 1st round value in the 5th. He will have a lot of work to do and the odds will be stacked heavily against him, like any mid/late round QB.

DTLB58
05-13-2014, 08:53 AM
But if he would have entered the draft last year it's in my opinion the Chiefs wouldn't have drafted him anyways cause Reid was hell bent on trading for Smith. So this way we get both. :thumb:

htismaqe
05-13-2014, 09:08 AM
I think the reason he fell was because of the ACL injury, plus a prior broken leg, plus concerns about his height, plus concerns about his arm strength, plus concerns about how he performed in some of the big games he played.

I like Murray a lot, and I think we may have gotten the best value for a QB in the draft. But we didn't get 1st round value in the 5th. He will have a lot of work to do and the odds will be stacked heavily against him, like any mid/late round QB.

Great post.

J Diddy
05-13-2014, 09:21 AM
And maybe a magical unicorn that craps gold will come live in my back yard but it ain't gonna happen.

and I say sir: Dare to dream, sir, of the magic unicorn who lets off the golden steam. For although we've never seen him, doesn't mean that he can't in the future be seen.

The Franchise
05-13-2014, 09:30 AM

Bray can do this.

Sure....but can he hit his WR while doing it?

Titty Meat
05-13-2014, 09:36 AM
If Aaron Murray is Matt Cassel thats a good pick when you look at 4th round or drafted later QB's who produced and started atleast 16 games.

Mr_Tomahawk
05-13-2014, 09:52 AM
Sure....but can he hit his WR while doing it?

Did you see his preseason game against GB?

The Franchise
05-13-2014, 09:55 AM
Did you see his preseason game against GB?

Nope.

ChiefsCountry
05-13-2014, 09:58 AM
Murray was a second/third round prospect that slid to the 5th because of the knee injury. More than likely he will be a top backup instead of starter, but still its a good value pick and the step in the right direction for a franchise that doesn't value drafting quarterbacks.

rico
05-13-2014, 09:59 AM
If Aaron Murray is Matt Cassel thats a good pick when you look at 4th round or drafted later QB's who produced and started atleast 16 games.

No way, homeslice. Matt Cassel is never a good pick...never under any circumstances....unless of course you are able to trade him for a #34 overall pick in the draft a few years after you draft him...or something stupid like that. Oh wait.....nevermind.

Titty Meat
05-13-2014, 10:06 AM
No way, homeslice. Matt Cassel is never a good pick...never under any circumstances....unless of course you are able to trade him for a #34 overall pick in the draft a few years after you draft him...or something stupid like that. Oh wait.....nevermind.

Wrong. Hes the most productive QB taken in the late rounds not named Brady. That should bring some prospective to the conversation.

RunKC
05-13-2014, 10:06 AM
I like Murray but I firmly believe they are all in with Alex for the next 5 years.

This was a very smart pick though. Alex has been injured a lot before coming here, so having a capable guy come in is huge.
I think Reid's premise here is to buy low/sell high. I can see him trying to get a 2nd or 3rd from a desperate team in the future.

rico
05-13-2014, 10:12 AM
Murray was a second/third round prospect that slid to the 5th because of the knee injury. More than likely he will be a top backup instead of starter, but still its a good value pick and the step in the right direction for a franchise that doesn't value drafting quarterbacks.

I think Murray's drop was affiliated a bit with the knee injury... I also think he dropped in this year's draft because of the talent/depth of this year's draft when compared to the average draft. Who knows, a 5th round QB this year could have been a 2nd-3rd round pick in last year's "not so deep" draft.

Not to mention, Murray's style of play is so system-specific. I think the system has to be a specific one in order for things to work out for him and the team he gets drafted by and potentially plays for... the Saints would have been a good fit...the Chiefs are an awesome fit for him, IMO. I think the Chiefs staff knew he was likely to drop a bit because of that, so they took their chances and ultimately got their guy in the freaking 5th.

Murray comes off as a bright kid to me and I believe he is capable of catching on to a WCO very quickly...I just hope he is able to execute it effectively if given the chance.

rico
05-13-2014, 10:14 AM
Wrong. Hes the most productive QB taken in the late rounds not named Brady. That should bring some prospective to the conversation.

http://img2-2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/060327/144024__wonder_l.jpg

Dude...I don't think you caught my sarcasm/joke.

We traded a #34 for him and Vrabel...hence the, "oh wait...nevermind."

saphojunkie
05-13-2014, 10:15 AM
I think Aaron Murray has a better chance of becoming our Kevin Kolb. Which is just fine, by me. How about THE CHIEFS being the team to trade a QB for a second (for once).

-King-
05-13-2014, 10:16 AM
I saw more from bray this past preseason than I've ever seen from daniel.

Lies.

Look up the numbers Daniel puts up in preseason. He's been great every single preseason playing against #2s. Bray looked decent playing against 4th stringers and guys who were getting cut the day after the game.

salame
05-13-2014, 10:17 AM
murray is a beast

Titty Meat
05-13-2014, 10:21 AM
http://img2-2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/060327/144024__wonder_l.jpg

Dude...I don't think you caught my sarcasm/joke.

We traded a #34 for him and Vrabel...hence the, "oh wait...nevermind."

I want to have sex with you

htismaqe
05-13-2014, 10:27 AM
I think Aaron Murray has a better chance of becoming our Kevin Kolb. Which is just fine, by me. How about THE CHIEFS being the team to trade a QB for a second (for once).

:thumb:

rico
05-13-2014, 10:28 AM

The big difference of course, being that Kolb was selected in the 2nd round himself...

saphojunkie
05-13-2014, 10:31 AM
The big difference of course, being that Kolb was selected in the 2nd round himself...

Our Matt Cassel, then. :)

rico
05-13-2014, 10:32 AM
I want to have sex with you

Well that is quite flattering, thank you!!!

LMAO

rico
05-13-2014, 10:33 AM
Our Matt Cassel, then. :)

The big difference of course, being that Matt Cassel was selected in the 7th round. :D

saphojunkie
05-13-2014, 10:34 AM
The big difference of course, being that Matt Cassel was selected in the 7th round. :D

Great. He's going to be our Ricky Stanzi now. :mad:

rico
05-13-2014, 10:37 AM
murray is a beast

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/N56_vY5xCdY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

rico
05-13-2014, 10:41 AM
Great. He's going to be our Ricky Stanzi now. :mad:

HE CAN BE OUR MARK BRUNELL!!!!! YAYYYY, MARK BRUNELL!!!!!!

tecumseh
05-13-2014, 10:45 AM

Yes, being married is one of the most rewarding things you can do with your life. But seriously... weddings ****ing suck. Especially when they interfere with the opportunity to become immortal. You're gussying shit up and running errands for your bitch for months on end all so you can see the glorious outcome of all that work in.... a ceremony. What the ****? We're not saying you can't get married Brodie. We're just telling you to get to Arrowhead's facilities and start putting in craptons of overtime hours starting now. Don't wait until June. You just lost 2-3 months of good worktime over your stupid wedding that will be over in one day, and all you have to remember it by is the leftover stress, shitty pictures, and a bill that will make your parents want to shoot you in the face.

If you're being looked to as an NFL QB, **** your wedding. You take off one week AT THE MOST between the end of the season and when you can start working out at facilities in March. Either your bitch does all the planning, or you get married in a courthouse. You don't touch that shit. You concentrate on football. Because you're a goddamn QB.

Priceless. this should be printed in the rookie QB handbook.

salame
05-13-2014, 11:14 AM
it'd be cool for once if someone traded a 2nd round pick for one of our backups instead of the other way around

Strongside
05-13-2014, 03:37 PM
Spent yesterday and today in Atlanta. I wore a Chiefs shirt yesterday and had about 20 people randomly come up to me excited about Murray. Everyone commenting about how we got a crazy steal and that he was going to be a great NFL quarterback. They fucking LOVE that kid down here.

RealSNR
05-13-2014, 03:40 PM
Spent yesterday and today in Atlanta. I wore a Chiefs shirt yesterday and had about 20 people randomly come up to me excited about Murray. Everyone commenting about how we got a crazy steal and that he was going to be a great NFL quarterback. They fucking LOVE that kid down here.

I remember all the Iowans who wanted to talk to me about Tony Moeaki when I wore my Chiefs stuff down there.

Good times.

Strongside
05-13-2014, 03:43 PM
I remember all the Iowans who wanted to talk to me about Tony Moeaki when I wore my Chiefs stuff down there.

Good times.

Still think Moeaki had the goods to be a solid player in the league. Kid just can't stay healthy.

RealSNR
05-13-2014, 03:53 PM
Still think Moeaki had the goods to be a solid player in the league. Kid just can't stay healthy.

Absolutely. I put him in the Sylvester Morris and Percy Snow category of busts, which is a far kinder place to be rather than the Trezelle Jenkins and Ryan Sims category.

Strongside
05-13-2014, 03:54 PM
Absolutely. I put him in the Sylvester Morris and Percy Snow category of busts, which is a far kinder place to be rather than the Trezelle Jenkins and Ryan Sims category.

Where would you put Vanover? Just curious. The weed bust category?

keg in kc
05-13-2014, 04:02 PM
Absolutely. I put him in the Sylvester Morris and Percy Snow category of busts, which is a far kinder place to be rather than the Trezelle Jenkins and Ryan Sims category.I think we need to add a third category for the Victory Riley/John Tait/Larry Johnson/Glenn Dorsey/Tyson Jackson level of guys who managed to produce, but never quite to the level of their selection.

Probably harsh, but to me, first rounders who end up playing for other teams before they're 30 are just another kind of draft failure.

Strongside
05-13-2014, 04:07 PM
I think we need to add a third category for the Victory Riley/John Tait/Larry Johnson/Glenn Dorsey/Tyson Jackson level of guys who managed to produce, but never quite to the level of their selection.

Probably harsh, but to me, first rounders who end up playing for other teams before they're 30 are just another kind of draft failure.

I don't think you can possibly label LJ as a bust. Sure, he's one of the most despised athletes to ever play for the Chiefs, but for two straight years he was better than anyone at his position in the world. He put up historical numbers in some categories both for the team and the league. I think it's easy to dismiss what he did because we don't like him, but if even Jamaal had a year like one of those carrying the ball we'd shit a brick. Look at his numbers...they are borderline shocking.

BigMeatballDave
05-13-2014, 04:09 PM
I like Murray, but I'm not gonna get excited about a 5th rd QB.

saphojunkie
05-13-2014, 04:09 PM
I think we need to add a third category for the Victory Riley/John Tait/Larry Johnson/Glenn Dorsey/Tyson Jackson level of guys who managed to produce, but never quite to the level of their selection.

I consider that management failure.

Man... Can you imagine if Houston had held onto Mario Williams?

keg in kc
05-13-2014, 04:10 PM
I don't think you can possibly label LJ as a bust. Sure, he's one of the most despised athletes to ever play for the Chiefs, but for three straight years he was better than anyone at his position in the world. He put up historical numbers in some categories both for the team and the league. I think it's easy to dismiss what he did because we don't like him, but if even Jamaal had a year like one of those carrying the ball we'd shit a brick. Look at his numbers...they are borderline shocking.I never had a problem with LJ, but I think longevity is really a key factor when it comes to the success/failure of high pick. That's why you don't generally draft running backs in the 1st round.

saphojunkie
05-13-2014, 04:12 PM
I never had a problem with LJ, but I think longevity is really a key factor when it comes to the success/failure of high pick. That's why you don't generally draft running backs in the 1st round.

It wasn't that long ago that three went in the top five picks.

Strongside
05-13-2014, 04:13 PM
It wasn't that long ago that three went in the top five picks.

It is funny how trends dominate the draft, for sure.

bevischief
05-13-2014, 04:15 PM
I like Murray, but I'm not gonna get excited about a 5th rd QB.

This. Yet...

keg in kc
05-13-2014, 04:16 PM
It wasn't that long ago that three went in the top five picks.The Ronnie Brown, Cedric Benson, Cadillac Williams draft?

That worked out well...

Holy shit. That was almost a decade ago. :eek:

DaveNull
05-13-2014, 04:19 PM
You old!

saphojunkie
05-13-2014, 04:37 PM
The Ronnie Brown, Cedric Benson, Cadillac Williams draft?

That worked out well...

Yep. We are old as shit.

Bewbies
05-13-2014, 04:55 PM
Spent yesterday and today in Atlanta. I wore a Chiefs shirt yesterday and had about 20 people randomly come up to me excited about Murray. Everyone commenting about how we got a crazy steal and that he was going to be a great NFL quarterback. They ****ing LOVE that kid down here.

His senior year changed everyone's mind on him. There will be a lot of new Chiefs fans down here now. Hell, the KC fan base will probably be larger than the Falcons here in Atlanta...

temper11
05-13-2014, 05:06 PM
His senior year changed everyone's mind on him. There will be a lot of new Chiefs fans down here now. Hell, the KC fan base will probably be larger than the Falcons here in Atlanta...

Fucking Atlanta fans.... They can kiss my hairy hole for as much as I want them trolling around CP! Am I right?!?

;)

BossChief
08-28-2015, 08:52 PM
Bump

staylor26
08-28-2015, 11:55 PM

That worked out well...

That draft single handedly began the downward trend of RB prospect value.

Mav
08-29-2015, 12:47 AM

That worked out well...

Benson was not in that draft.

MotherfuckerJones
08-29-2015, 04:51 AM
Dat throw in the run do!