PDA

View Full Version : Life Baby born with half a heart, steals all of mine!

Carlota69
05-16-2014, 12:11 PM
I see by the link that this babies story has made its way to KC.
Amazing Gracie was born with half a heart. Gracie had her second big open heart surgery a week ago. She is less than 5 months old.

Her family are huge listeners of mine, and I couldnt just do nothing anymore. I talked to my boss about helping, and the next thing I know, Buffalo Wild Wings offered to give 10% of proceeds from ALL stores in the Las Vegas area on Sat May 17th (tomorrow).

I work in local radio. I dont work for corporate, satellite or internet radio. They wouldnt be able to step up and help someone in the community.

Today, I feel good about the work I do. Sometimes, it more impact than just telling you about the new Linkin Park.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/25074101/little-girl-born-with-half-a-heart-a-lot-of-fight

<script type='text/javascript' src='http://KVVU.images.worldnow.com/interface/js/WNVideo.js?rnd=624620;hostDomain=www.fox5vegas.com;playerWidth=645;playerHeight=380;isShowIcon=true; clipId=9985190;flvUri=;partnerclipid=;adTag=Video%2520Player;advertisingZone=;enableAds=true;landing Page=;islandingPageoverride=false;playerType=STANDARD_EMBEDDEDscript;controlsType=fixed;galleryType= wncategory'></script><a href="http://www.fox5vegas.com" title="FOX5 Vegas - KVVU">FOX5 Vegas - KVVU</a>

Just incase you feel compelled
http://www.gofundme.com/Amazing-Gracie

J Diddy
05-16-2014, 12:42 PM
The video won't play. Do you have a link? Am very interdasted.

Carlota69
05-16-2014, 12:48 PM
The video won't play. Do you have a link? Am very interdasted.

That sucks about video, but just above video is a link to KCTV5. The video is there ;-)

J Diddy
05-16-2014, 12:48 PM
Ooops sorry I see the link. I'm in summer brain mode: less think, more caveman clubbing the keyboard.

What a horrible story and what a beautiful little girl.

Carlota69
05-16-2014, 12:50 PM
Ooops sorry I see the link. I'm in summer brain mode: less think, more caveman clubbing the keyboard.

What a horrible story and what a beautiful little girl.

Shes incredibly precious. Shes been fighting hard the last 10 days. They had to drop her body to 17 degrees and put her heart on bypass. Plus she got hooked on moprhine. Its been trying for the family, but shes fighting, and as of today, she is winning!

eDave
05-16-2014, 01:23 PM
Augh. I don't have any children but that stirred me. So I can't imagine how hard it must be for a new parent to see their newborn suffering like that.

I have a friend with a special needs child. He and his wife blamed themselves for a long time and she went total post mordum while he drank.

All is well now but it was tough on them. And I LOVE seeing that kid.

Thanks Carlota. Are they taking donations?

Carlota69
05-16-2014, 01:26 PM
Augh. I don't have any children but that stirred me. So I can't imagine how hard it must be for a new parent to see their newborn suffering like that.

I have a friend with a special needs child. He and his wife blamed themselves for a long time and she went total post mordum while he drank.

All is well now but it was tough on them. And I LOVE seeing that kid.

I cant even imagine...:shake:

Its hard to watch her family, yet inspiring at the same time. Shes fighting, so they fight hard too. PLus they have a 2 yr old. Man, thats tough on everyone.

Eleazar
05-16-2014, 01:36 PM
Wish all the best for those awesome tough parents. I am sure that even with all these issues, they wouldn't know what to do without her.

Carlota69
05-16-2014, 01:38 PM
Wish all the best for those awesome tough parents. I am sure that even with all these issues, they wouldn't know what to do without her.

So true. Evrything they had to give up, their careers included, they gladly trade for her.

TEX
05-16-2014, 03:30 PM
They are much better human beings than me. I couldn't deal with it, no way no how.
I wish them well.

Carlota69
05-16-2014, 07:14 PM
They are much better human beings than me. I couldn't deal with it, no way no how.
I wish them well.
They really are an amazing family. Tough. I see where the little one gets it from.