PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV SceneItAll Tournament: Round 1, Heat 160

Rain Man
05-17-2014, 05:14 PM
The rules:

In Round 1, I'm going to put up three randomly selected scenes from the nomination thread.

You'll vote for your ONE favorite scene among the three. The key here is FAVORITE. We're not talking about the 'best' or 'most powerful' or 'most meaningful'. We're talking about the scene that you most enjoy watching, however you define that.

The winners will move on. I'll also take the 10 highest-scoring second-place scenes and they'll advance as wild cards.

Some of our nominations did not include clips. This will be noted. If you find a clip, please post it and let me know so I can update it if it moves on.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kAmsi05P9Uw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/A7XpvbzYqbI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/sFZevrHkWVE?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rain Man
05-17-2014, 05:17 PM
We have an epic battle between two giants here. My votes:

#1 - Django Unchained. This scene makes me laugh my keester off. This is an awesome scene. In a rational world, this scene goes very deep into the tournament.

#2 - Apollo 13. I hate to vote against this scene. It's very engaging and every line and scene is just perfect. But it doesn't make me laugh, so it loses on concept. It's a great scene, though.

#3 - Waiting. I hate this scene. A scene of two people bickering and being mean? Who finds that entertaining?

Rasputin
05-17-2014, 09:04 PM
I would suggest taking the rest of the clips in round one and make one more single heat and tell us to vote for 3 and the three top votes move on.

Rain Man
05-17-2014, 09:06 PM
I would suggest taking the rest of the clips in round one and make one more single heat and tell us to vote for 3 and the three top votes move on.

That would be like getting to Mile 25.8 of a marathon and then hopping a bus.

L.A. Chieffan
05-17-2014, 09:27 PM
Django

BlackHelicopters
05-18-2014, 08:50 AM
Apollo 13

Rain Man
05-20-2014, 06:28 PM
Apollo 13 hears a loud thump, which turns out to be their ticket to Round 2.