PDA

View Full Version : Life How do you stay awak on the road?

Msmith
05-17-2014, 09:13 PM
1. Coffee- Doesn't help much.
2. Pinch myself -It is a lose lose situation.
3. Roll down the window- same as coffee.
4. Sour lemon drops - It lasts about 5 minutes.

Any other tips?

Bugeater
05-17-2014, 09:17 PM
I've splashed ice water from my cooler all over my face before, that wakes you right the hell up.

jd1020
I just roll down the window and sing along with the song on the radio while playing drums on the steering wheel.

eDave
Talk radio. Books on tape.

Rasputin
05-17-2014, 09:19 PM
Take short breaks. Get out of car or truck and stretch.

BWillie
05-17-2014, 09:19 PM
Cocaine

SAUTO
05-17-2014, 09:20 PM
Meth.
Coke
5hour energy
All together
Posted via Mobile Device

Bowser
Rumble Strips

LoneWolf
Cocaine.

Seriously though, I'll stop and take a short walk to get the blood flowing.

LoneWolf
05-17-2014, 09:21 PM
Cocaine

Meth.
Coke
5hour energy
All together
Posted via Mobile Device

Well, shit.

Bowser
05-17-2014, 09:21 PM
And Bug is right - ice cold water down the back of your neck wakes you up instantly. Keeps you up for a while, too.

milkman
05-17-2014, 09:23 PM
What the hell is your hurry?

Get off the road.

Fish
05-17-2014, 09:24 PM
Masturbation.

J Diddy
05-17-2014, 09:24 PM
Take short breaks. Get out of car or truck and stretch.

This.

LoneWolf
05-17-2014, 09:28 PM
What the hell is your hurry?

Get off the road.

When you're trying to get a truckload of Coors to Big Enis and Little Enis before the deadline, you can't just pull over and rest. That is no way to do what they say can't be done.

Miles
05-17-2014, 09:28 PM
Get decent sleep before driving. Long road trips are really easy with audiobooks until tired. For me one I start fighting sleep I have an energy drink or few until I need to stop.

Mr. Laz
05-17-2014, 09:32 PM
blublocker sunglasses

brightens road and turns blurry 'mesmerizing' headlights to a more stark color

htismaqe
05-17-2014, 09:33 PM
Sunflower seeds in the shell.

I shit you not, it works.

milkman
05-17-2014, 09:33 PM
When you're trying to get a truckload of Coors to Big Enis and Little Enis before the deadline, you can't just pull over and rest. That is no way to do what they say can't be done.

Who the hell cares if Coors gets anywhere?

srvy
05-17-2014, 09:37 PM
Black Beauties if short on cash mini whites.

SPATCH
05-17-2014, 09:37 PM
When I was in college I had to make a 13 hour drive to get back home on holidays. I would down a 5 Hour Energy if I started to doze off and it worked every time.

SPATCH
05-17-2014, 09:38 PM
Or adderall. Which is illegal, but holy shit.

Bowser
05-17-2014, 09:38 PM
When I was in college I had to make a 13 hour drive to get back home on holidays. I would down a 5 Hour Energy if I started to doze off and it worked every time.

Those work for me, too. I'm almost convinced they're nothing more than placebo, though. And a shitload of caffeine.

htismaqe
05-17-2014, 09:43 PM
Those work for me, too. I'm almost convinced they're nothing more than placebo, though. And a shitload of caffeine.

It lasts about 5 minutes for me.

Mr_Tomahawk
05-17-2014, 09:44 PM
I love awak.

SPATCH
05-17-2014, 09:46 PM
It lasts about 5 minutes for me.

I never drink energy drinks and I rarely drink coffee/tea, so I guess I'm going to feel the effects of 5 hour energy a bit more than some people. Because damn those things get me wired.

GloucesterChief
05-17-2014, 09:47 PM
Get out at rest stops and move around. Even a short five minutes to stretch and take a piss break will help.

I am highly resistant to caffeine so coffee, five hour energy, and mountain dew do nothing to me.

htismaqe
05-17-2014, 09:48 PM
I never drink energy drinks and I rarely drink coffee/tea, so I guess I'm going to feel the effects of 5 hour energy a bit more than some people. Because damn those things get me wired.

I drank one of these once. Drank the whole thing in about 3 gulps, went to town and got some groceries and then went home and took a nap.

http://www.t-nation.com/system/products/28/supp_facts/original/Spike-Shooter.jpg

cosmo20002
05-17-2014, 09:48 PM

https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=HN.608023505042802220&pid=15.1

BucEyedPea
05-17-2014, 09:49 PM
I hit things. That wakes me up.

htismaqe
05-17-2014, 09:50 PM
Get out at rest stops and move around. Even a short five minutes to stretch and take a piss break will help.

I am highly resistant to caffeine so coffee, five hour energy, and mountain dew do nothing to me.

They really do work.

cosmo20002
05-17-2014, 09:50 PM
A hitchhiker always makes driving more interesting.

Bugeater
05-17-2014, 09:51 PM
I drank one of these once. Drank the whole thing in about 3 gulps, went to town and got some groceries and then went home and took a nap.

Don't recall what brand I tried, but that's pretty much what happened the one and only time I've ever had an energy drink. Didn't really get much of a boost and an hour later I just wanted to go to sleep. Never had another one since.

htismaqe
05-17-2014, 09:56 PM
Don't recall what brand I tried, but that's pretty much what happened the one and only time I've ever had an energy drink. Didn't really get much of a boost and an hour later I just wanted to go to sleep. Never had another one since.

Yeah, I've been drinking a lot more water lately. I still drink coffee once in a while.

There for a while I was drinking 3 or 4 espresso's a day and chasing them with this stuff:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51RqZw0e3%2BL._SL500_SS500_.jpg

Then I decided to start drinking V8 juice and putting this stuff in it:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71DFKtc2XSL._SL1500_.jpg

cdcox
05-17-2014, 10:08 PM
I eat a bag of beef jerky. Hard to fall asleep while you are eating. Jerky takes a while to eat. Wash it down with coffee.

Getting out and splashing cold water on my face helps too.

Biting my tongue/lips, pinching, hitting, yelling have no affect.

KcMizzou
05-17-2014, 10:11 PM
Just do your sleepy driving in Kansas. There's nothing to hit. If you run off the road, you just drive right back on.

milkman
05-17-2014, 10:13 PM
Just do your sleepy driving in Kansas. There's nothing to hit. If you run off the road, you just drive right back on.

Those ant hills are a bitch.

srvy
05-17-2014, 10:16 PM
Seriously I pull off the road set my cell phone alarm for 20 minutes. You would be surprised what 15 to 20 minutes of shuteye will do for you.

Don't pull off on a highway shoulder. That is as dangerous as falling asleep at the wheel. The guy also traveling may have road eyes and follow your taillights right into your rear end.

patteeu
05-17-2014, 10:16 PM
I don't care what anyone says, 5 Hour Energy works. I don't feel any kind of buzz at all from it, but I don't get tired when I'm driving through the night after drinking one.

Rasputin
05-17-2014, 10:18 PM
Have a hooker waiting for you at the end of the trip.

Hall ass getting there she gets paid by the 1/2 hour.

Buehler445
05-17-2014, 10:26 PM

They really do work.

This. It is about the only thing that works for me anymore.

LoneWolf
05-17-2014, 10:28 PM
Who the hell cares if Coors gets anywhere?

Obviously Big Enis and Little Enis. Did you not read my post?

-King-
05-17-2014, 10:38 PM

Pretty much what happens to me no matter what energy drink I take. Caffeine just doesn't work for me or I have an extremely high tolerance for it.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-17-2014, 10:41 PM
Close one eye, then alternate.

Chief Roundup
05-17-2014, 10:43 PM
Corn chips. The crunching will keep you awake.

CoMoChief
05-17-2014, 11:51 PM
Early in the morning is what gets me. takes me a while to really wake up. Coffee and ice water. Together. Each one gives me it's own kinda jolt, except from each side of the spectrum. Really hot..and really cold, either way it gives a nice little rush.

I'm usually a zombie until like 830-9am.

But I can drive all night no problem if I have to. Always been the "drive it in one shot" kind of person.

mcan
05-18-2014, 01:49 AM
sunflower seeds. They're amazing. I used to get into dangerous situations quite a bit too often where I was driving long distances tired until I found this little gem. It's like my body won't even think about getting tired if I'm chewing these little miracles.

BigRock
05-18-2014, 01:53 AM
Hit yourself in the balls. It also instantly cures hunger.

BWillie
05-18-2014, 04:14 AM
Gum.

2bikemike
05-18-2014, 04:40 AM
sunflower seeds. They're amazing. I used to get into dangerous situations quite a bit too often where I was driving long distances tired until I found this little gem. It's like my body won't even think about getting tired if I'm chewing these little miracles.

This is what I do. It takes a little bit of work to get the seed out of the shell so your constantly working at it. Does a great job of keeping you alert.

Johnny Vegas
05-18-2014, 04:51 AM
small meal before the drive so you can snack during the drive once you get tired. eating a big meal will make you tired.

5 hour energy x2

stop and run around the car a couple times

playing some heavy metal, which I like, or some sort of hard rock to get your heart pumpin. also the occasional dubstep turned up. hip hop doesn't do it for me in fact the beats are almost relaxing so I avoid hip hop.

scream and turn up the A/C full blast

above all just pull over and nap till you wake up if you're getting no results.

jonzie04
05-18-2014, 06:21 AM
I try to make it as uncomfortable as possible. Windows up heat on max during the summer. And all windows down ac blasting when its cold.

htismaqe
05-18-2014, 06:42 AM
I eat a bag of beef jerky. Hard to fall asleep while you are eating. Jerky takes a while to eat. Wash it down with coffee.

Getting out and splashing cold water on my face helps too.

Biting my tongue/lips, pinching, hitting, yelling have no affect.

Sunflower seeds, in the shell.

Eat them one at a time without using your fingers.

The activity itself will keep you awake forever.

The only drawback is that if you're on a long trip, your mouth is gonna get really sore. :D

htismaqe
05-18-2014, 06:43 AM

Yes!

patteeu
05-18-2014, 07:24 AM
Do all you sunflower seed guys work at breaking open the shell and then just eat the seed itself? I always just chew up the whole thing.

htismaqe
05-18-2014, 07:30 AM
Do all you sunflower seed guys work at breaking open the shell and then just eat the seed itself? I always just chew up the whole thing.

Don't eat the shell! Gross.

Break open the shell with your teeth, remove the seed with your tongue, and then spit out the shell.

NewChief
Much like sunflower seeds, chewing tobacco works pretty well at keeping me occupied. I can't stand riding in a car unless I'm driving, so I do all the driving on road trips. We drive 13 hours to Florida at least once a year, so I always do that drive. Coffee, chew, and headphones (because I can't subject my kids to the music I need to listen to in order to stay awake).

ChiTown

I pack a mouthful of seeds, suck on them for a while, and then crack each one open individually and spit the shell

R8RFAN
05-18-2014, 07:34 AM
If you are talking about driving at night the best way to lose the sleep monkeys is to make the cab uncomfortable ... either too cold in the winter or too hot in the summer.

Now if you are the weekend warrior and think you can go to work at 7 am get off work at 5, then drive 500 miles you are probably gonna kill yourself or someone else some day.

I have been driving nights 3-500 miles per night for the last 10 years and even with the proper rest you still get sleepy at times.

I don't do energy drinks or shots... Black coffee will wake you up and believe it or not Diet Mountain Dew or Diet Sun Drop wakes me up.

You never get used to driving at night

NewChief
05-18-2014, 07:35 AM
If you are talking about driving at night the best way to lose the sleep monkeys is to make the cab uncomfortable ... either too cold in the winter or too hot in the summer.

Now if you are the weekend warrior and think you can go to work at 7 am get off work at 5, then drive 500 miles you are probably gonna kill yourself or someone else some day.

I have been driving nights 3-500 miles per night for the last 10 years and even with the proper rest you still get sleepy at times.

I don't do energy drinks or shots... Black coffee will wake you up and believe it or not Diet Mountain Dew or Diet Sun Drop wakes me up.

You never get used to driving at night

Yeah, I think coffee is the way to go. Energy drinks have other stuff in them that leads to you crashing once the caffeine wears off, imo.

patteeu
05-18-2014, 07:37 AM
Don't eat the shell! Gross.

Break open the shell with your teeth, remove the seed with your tongue, and then spit out the shell.

Too much work. And besides, the shell is the salty part that tastes so good. I just chew them up good, being careful not to poke my gums with the sharp pieces of shell, and swallow. It's good fiber.

htismaqe
Yeah, I think coffee is the way to go. Energy drinks have other stuff in them that leads to you crashing once the caffeine wears off, imo.

They're just horribly bad for you. It's not the caffeine, it's all the other stuff they put in it. It's like soda with antifreeze in it.

Dave Lane
I don't care what anyone says, 5 Hour Energy works. I don't feel any kind of buzz at all from it, but I don't get tired when I'm driving through the night after drinking one.

From a person who is frequently up all night and sleep deprived, 5 hour energy works really well I always have 3-4 in my car. When I get ready to shoot at night I take one and I'm good, no jitters just alert.

htismaqe
05-18-2014, 07:38 AM
Too much work.

That's what keeps you awake silly!

NewChief
05-18-2014, 07:46 AM
They're just horribly bad for you. It's not the caffeine, it's all the other stuff they put in it. It's like soda with antifreeze in it.

I'll drink them on occasion (like once a month) if I'm exhausted after work and need to do something that requires me to be "on" that evening (dinner party or community meeting or something). For whatever reason, they give me about 3 hours of energy, then I crash pretty hard from them. If I drink coffee after work, it keeps me up much longer, and I have a hard time falling asleep.

ChiTown
05-18-2014, 07:47 AM
Red Bull and Vodka. FTMFW!

Buehler445
05-18-2014, 08:11 AM
Too much work. And besides, the shell is the salty part that tastes so good. I just chew them up good, being careful not to poke my gums with the sharp pieces of shell, and swallow. It's good fiber.

Didn't you play baseball as a kid? Load them in your cheek, stand one up vertically in your molar, pop it open, run it up to your front teeth, dig it out, spit the shell, chomp the seed. If you're good, you can run the shell over to the other cheek for stotage, but I never got that down.

J Diddy
05-18-2014, 08:16 AM

I used to but I worked up the strength of my tongue to crack them with my teeth and split them up. On a side note the women love my new found Talent. Im now a vagina licking master

jjchieffan
05-18-2014, 08:17 AM
The thing that helps me the most is having someone to talk to. I have spent hours on my cellphone to stay awake. If I have nobody to talk to, then I will pull off and take a 20-30 minute nap followed by getting out and walking around a bit before starting again.

htismaqe
05-18-2014, 08:22 AM
Didn't you play baseball as a kid? Load them in your cheek, stand one up vertically in your molar, pop it open, run it up to your front teeth, dig it out, spit the shell, chomp the seed. If you're good, you can run the shell over to the other cheek for stotage, but I never got that down.

Yes. A sunflower seed master.

http://www.musicsongz.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Meditation-Music.gif

patteeu
05-18-2014, 08:35 AM

Yes, but I didn't have an oral fixation to satisfy. :)

OmahaChief
05-18-2014, 08:37 AM
I used to chew Red Man Golden Blend. I was so worried about swallowing the stuff it kept me awake.

J Diddy
05-18-2014, 08:38 AM
Yes, but I didn't have an oral fixation to satisfy. :)

Just a guess... I would have to say that that is because you got your oral fixations taken care of prior to the game. In other words I'm sure you got your fill. :p

srvy
05-18-2014, 08:40 AM
I used to but I worked up the strength of my tongue to crack them with my teeth and split them up. On a side note the women love my new found Talent. Im now a vagina licking master

Yeah up until the point where you bite her lil bean

patteeu
05-18-2014, 08:42 AM
Just a guess... I would have to say that that is because you got your oral fixations taken care of prior to the game. In other words I'm sure you got your fill. :p

No, I got my fix after the game. I played for root beer.

htismaqe
05-18-2014, 08:42 AM

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/1399756/tongue-xl-o.gif

J Diddy
05-18-2014, 08:43 AM

Oh well. If she gets mad I just trade her in for a newer model

PunkinDrublic
05-18-2014, 08:55 AM
I've had a couple of close calls falling asleep at the wheel driving back to Dallas after a chiefs game. It's hard to stay awake driving through southern Oklahoma late at night when it's pitch black and you're physically exhausted. If I pull over and nap for about 15 to 20 minutes I'm fine. Energy drinks work in short bursts. After they wear off I'm right back to where I was.

Predarat
05-18-2014, 09:01 AM
Give up and fall asleep
crash the car in a roll over accident
blame an 18 wheeler and claim a hit and run
somehow get the insurance company to believe it all
get a new car
total epic win

Fairplay
05-18-2014, 09:03 AM
Give up and fall asleep
crash the car in a roll over accident
blame an 18 wheeler and claim a hit and run
somehow get the insurance company to believe it all
get a new car
total epic win

I had a very hard time staying awake driving to I pulled over on a gravel road and parked to close my eyes, I woke up 3 hours later.

htismaqe
05-18-2014, 09:04 AM
I had a very hard time staying awake driving to I pulled over on a gravel road and parked to close my eyes, I woke up 3 hours later with a sore asshole and 3 dollars stuck to my forehead.

FYP

R8RFAN
05-18-2014, 09:31 AM
I've had a couple of close calls falling asleep at the wheel driving back to Dallas after a chiefs game. It's hard to stay awake driving through southern Oklahoma late at night when it's pitch black and you're physically exhausted. If I pull over and nap for about 15 to 20 minutes I'm fine. Energy drinks work in short bursts. After they wear off I'm right back to where I was.

a 15 minute power nap will do wonders for a sleepy driver.

Buehler445
05-18-2014, 09:31 AM

ROFL

gblowfish
05-18-2014, 11:53 AM
I'm takin little white pills
and my eyes are open wide.

J Diddy
05-18-2014, 11:54 AM
Has anybody suggested road head?

Rausch
05-18-2014, 11:56 AM
1) Coffee
2) Find CoastToCoast.am on (likely an AM) station.
3) Audiobook.
4) Don't. Just don't. Unless yer' a trucker you can fly.
Do so.
ALWAYS...

alnorth
05-20-2014, 09:42 AM
a 15 minute power nap will do wonders for a sleepy driver.

yep, after several close calls I've concluded that once you get to the point where you are starting to nod off, there is absolutely nothing you can really do (safely) other than pull over and take a short nap. You don't have to sleep it off all night, but a nap usually refreshes you enough to power through.

The Franchise
05-20-2014, 09:58 AM

I have the whole process down to a science. The insides of your mouth get sore as fuck from all of the salt though.

gblowfish
05-20-2014, 10:01 AM
I have no problem staying awak.

Buehler445
05-20-2014, 10:12 AM
I have the whole process down to a science. The insides of your mouth get sore as fuck from all of the salt though.

After harvest I'm pretty sure I develop calluses on the inside of my mouth.

The Franchise
05-20-2014, 10:15 AM
After harvest I'm pretty sure I develop calluses on the inside of my mouth.

I went from a smoking addiction to a sunflower seed addiction. I'll sit at my desk and go through a bag of seeds a day if I'm not paying attention.

htismaqe
05-20-2014, 10:16 AM

Yep.

Mosbonian
05-20-2014, 10:22 AM

They really do work.

This....if I am driving over 3 hours I put on NPR, since it is virtually everywhere, grab a bag of sunflower seeds and haul out.

Drove 14 hours from Indy to Disney World once. We left at 6 AM and I drove us all the way through (stopping for breaks). Never once felt sleepy even when the wife and kids napped in the afternoon.

Kids had their DVD players and Ipods, wife had her magazines and I had my NPR.

htismaqe
05-20-2014, 10:23 AM
This....if I am driving over 3 hours I put on NPR, since it is virtually everywhere, grab a bag of sunflower seeds and haul out.

Drove 14 hours from Indy to Disney World once. We left at 6 AM and I drove us all the way through (stopping for breaks). Never once felt sleepy even when the wife and kids napped in the afternoon.

We drove from Des Moines to Orlando. I had sore in my mouth the whole vacation. ROFL

patteeu
05-20-2014, 10:25 AM

As long as the sun's up, I never feel sleepy when I'm driving, so leaving early like that is my preferred approach to a long drive.

BucEyedPea
05-20-2014, 10:28 AM

Or a stop at a Holiday Inn Express.

Mosbonian
05-20-2014, 10:30 AM

In the summertime all the guys were being cool and chewing tobacco and inventing new shades of green when they would choke after swallowing accidentally.

I never used anything but sunflower seeds from age 9 till I stopped playing softball a few years back.

Now with high blood pressure I have to get the unsalted sunflower seeds.

Mosbonian
05-20-2014, 10:32 AM
We drove from Des Moines to Orlando. I had sore in my mouth the whole vacation. ROFL

LMAO...bet that felt good, especially when you got a bite of anything that was highly salted.

My wife got mad because I was spitting the shells in a cup. She told me it was as bad as watching a guy spit tobacco in a cup.

The Franchise
05-20-2014, 10:33 AM
LMAO...bet that felt good, especially when you got a bite of anything that was highly salted.

My wife got mad because I was spitting the shells in a cup. She told me it was as bad as watching a guy spit tobacco in a cup.

My wife bitches about that as well. At work I just spit them into an empty soda bottle.

htismaqe
05-20-2014, 10:34 AM
As long as the sun's up, I never feel sleepy when I'm driving, so leaving early like that is my preferred approach to a long drive.

As soon as I turn the key, I'm nodding off, regardless of the time of day.

There's just something about cars that make me sleepy.

jd1020
05-20-2014, 10:36 AM

Should probably remove the garden hose from your muffler.

Buehler445
05-20-2014, 10:41 AM

Get a new wife :D

My wife sees me eating them and then thinks SHE needs to eat them. And use my cup to spit the shells into.

BlackHelicopters
05-20-2014, 10:42 AM
Should probably remove the garden hose from your muffler.

Does that really work?

htismaqe
05-20-2014, 10:42 AM

My wife sees me eating them and then thinks SHE needs to eat them. And use my cup to spit the shells into.

That's what my wife does. And then the kids steal them, I run out, and we all end up in a damn ditch.

Buehler445
05-20-2014, 10:47 AM
That's what my wife does. And then the kids steal them, I run out, and we all end up in a damn ditch.

ROFL

Sounds about right.

patteeu
05-20-2014, 10:50 AM

Have you ever been checked for a sleep disorder like apnea?

patteeu
05-20-2014, 10:51 AM
If you eat the shells, you don't have to worry about a disgusting spit cup.

htismaqe
05-20-2014, 10:52 AM

Yes. I have idiopathic hypersomnia.

htismaqe
05-20-2014, 10:53 AM

Dude, just stop. You don't eat the shells. Not even birds and rodents eat the damn shells.

beach tribe
05-20-2014, 10:53 AM
Next time you are in a shady truck stop ask around where the prayer meeting is.
Your only problem will be going to sleep.

J/K

I used to cover a LOT of miles. I always used Heavy Metal when I started dozing.

beach tribe
05-20-2014, 10:54 AM

You mean maybe he snores really bad when he falls asleep behind the wheel?

Buehler445
05-20-2014, 10:56 AM

And you get lacerated intestines.

Buehler445
05-20-2014, 10:57 AM

Dude, just stop. You don't eat the shells. Not even birds and rodents eat the damn shells.

OK, yeah, htismaqe said it better.

htismaqe
05-20-2014, 11:02 AM
OK, yeah, htismaqe said it better.

http://a.gifb.in/122010/1291751431_chipmunk-in-the-exhaust-pipe.gif

The Franchise
05-20-2014, 11:03 AM

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/original/000/192/492/full-retard.gif?1319846375

AustinChief
05-20-2014, 11:12 AM

No but I do eat peanut shells. Easier than shelling them and tastes good (if salted) and it's just fiber so there is no problem with it.

htismaqe
05-20-2014, 11:16 AM
No but I do eat peanut shells. Easier than shelling them and tastes good (if salted) and it's just fiber so there is no problem with it.

Hey Kyle. Fancy seeing you here.

Were you aware that we're currently attempting to save the Planet?

AustinChief
05-20-2014, 11:17 AM
Hey Kyle. Fancy seeing you here.

Were you aware that we're currently attempting to save the Planet?

Dude that's last weeks news. I was under the impression you had saved it!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/ff/Bush_mission_accomplished.jpg

patteeu
05-20-2014, 11:21 AM

LMAO

htismaqe
05-20-2014, 11:21 AM
Dude that's last weeks news. I was under the impression you had saved it!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/ff/Bush_mission_accomplished.jpg

Secondary mission objective complete. She's not out of the woods yet.

patteeu
05-20-2014, 11:22 AM

You've got to chew them up good.

htismaqe
05-20-2014, 11:22 AM
LMAO

:D

http://hasting.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/squazzil_animated.gif

htismaqe
05-20-2014, 11:23 AM
You've got to chew them up good.

GROSS!

Do you eat wood chips too?

AustinChief
05-20-2014, 11:23 AM
Secondary mission objective complete. She's not out of the woods yet.

Fair enough. I have to get back to work so I will leave you with this disturbing pic of a child predator.

Click at your own risk!
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_7SBztGPpFvw/TGN1kZKNhDI/AAAAAAAAANc/HoNZMb4z50c/s400/Kids_Predator_Costume.jpg

htismaqe
05-20-2014, 11:24 AM
Fair enough. I have to get back to work so I will leave you with this disturbing pic of a child predator.

Click at your own risk!
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_7SBztGPpFvw/TGN1kZKNhDI/AAAAAAAAANc/HoNZMb4z50c/s400/Kids_Predator_Costume.jpg

Perfect.

Report back here (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283722) when you're done with your work.

patteeu
05-20-2014, 11:24 AM

Yep. I'm about 50/50 on eating peanut shells. Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. I always eat sunflower shells though.

htismaqe
05-20-2014, 11:26 AM
Yep. I'm about 50/50 on eating peanut shells. Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. I always eat sunflower shells though.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3135/2828320770_7c01160d30.jpg

Perineum Ripper
05-20-2014, 11:31 AM

Your instructions were kind of unclear..my dick got caught in the ceiling fan

BigMeatballDave
05-20-2014, 12:12 PM
Comedy Central on SiriusXM.

Mr. Laz
05-20-2014, 01:22 PM
I have no problem staying awak.
I can drive all day without a problem but once it gets dark i immediately start getting woozy.

I think i would get some eye strain or something and the oncoming headlights just lull me to sleep. Blublocker type glasses help me a ton.

Beef Supreme
05-20-2014, 01:26 PM
Just put two beer bottles on the dashboard on either side of the steering wheel and use them as a guide by keeping them between the lines on the road.

Mosbonian
05-20-2014, 01:57 PM

I am more concerned she will get a new husband. I'm the smart one who married up.

Iowanian
05-20-2014, 01:59 PM
I turn the temp down and the radio up.

I drive quite a bit off and on for work. One thing I do is pull over to a rest area and grab 10-15 snooze if I'm fighting off dozing. It's better to get to my destination 10 minutes later than to smash into a mini van full of people.

Last weekend, 4 consecutive hours of "LET IT GO" by my kids was enough to make my brain explode which kept me alert for driving purposes.

the cold never bothered me anyway.

Mosbonian
05-20-2014, 02:24 PM
Ever eat a pine cone? Some parts are edible- Euell Gibbons

Why Not?
05-20-2014, 03:44 PM
Temp on low, windows down, water bottle poured on head. Does the trick(really only works in the winter)

Easy 6
05-20-2014, 04:00 PM
When I used to drive for a living there were many days, usually toward the end of a hot day, where I would have to pull over at a gas station/restaurant etc to shut my eyes for 15-20 minutes.

Its amazing what even that little amount of time can do, not sleeping, just keeping my eyes closed for a bit... it works wonders.

OldSchool
05-20-2014, 04:22 PM
Sunflower seeds always work for me.

Extra strength 5-hour energy also helps. However, a lifetime of that will likely mess up your body.

Trying to will yourself to stay awake never works, IMO. I have dozed off at the wheel before going about 75 MPH and luckily my car didn't drift too much and the highway was straight at that point. I was out for maybe 10-15 seconds; scary as hell when I woke up straddling 2 lanes. After that I never drove long distances after a tournament or fishing trip without my sunflower seeds again.

rtmike
05-20-2014, 04:41 PM
You're not suppose to sleep behind the wheel cause then you train your brain & body that it's OK. The worst times are sunset & sunrise. Sunrises' used to just kick my butt. I had a 68mph truck, averaged 6mpg over the life of it & averaged 150k a year for about 3 years before getting badly burned out.

I used to drive OTR & had a super nice, expensive stereo system installed.

If that didn't work, I'd do the ol' standby sunflower seeds. Pretty sure there's not a lot of folks dumb enough like myself who have ate as many seeds as I have over the years.

I used to have my family back home (Kansas) send me Fisher seeds since I can't get them up here. We're talking several pounds/bags. I could eat a 1lb. bag in a day's time if I wanted. Since I've gotten older plus the amount of meds I'm on make my mouth pretty dry as it is...not counting how sore the inside of my mouth will get. And that's both sides of my mouth since I'll crack/eat out of both side's.
I used to be able to look at a bag of Fishers & tell you whether the seeds were gonna be flavorful.

There's some brands up here that are pretty good. Spitz are good, lots of flavors'. Bigs are good too.

Family can't find the Fisher seeds anymore. What about the KC area? Any around there?

cdcox
06-21-2014, 06:53 PM
New convert to sunflower seeds here.

Buehler445
06-21-2014, 06:56 PM
New convert to sunflower seeds here.

Welcome to the club.

Baby Lee
06-21-2014, 07:07 PM

That's what happens when they're thirsty in Atlanta, and there's beer in Texarkana.

BigMeatballDave
06-21-2014, 07:18 PM
The zipper on the shoulder keeps me awake.

cdcox
06-27-2014, 07:57 PM

After 2300 miles over the last 8 days, I have this mastered, including storing the spent shells in the other cheek. It's kind of fun to blast out a dozen empties all at once. I prefer my incisors to split the seed though. I also found out that the actual seed has a coat that you can skin off if you work at it.

Buehler445
06-27-2014, 08:04 PM
After 2300 miles over the last 8 days, I have this mastered, including storing the spent shells in the other cheek. It's kind of fun to blast out a dozen empties all at once. I prefer my incisors to split the seed though. I also found out that the actual seed has a coat that you can skin off if you work at it.

Excellent work. Still haven't got the storage down but I haven't tried since I was 8.

MTG#10
06-27-2014, 08:06 PM
Knowing that I'll probably die if I fall asleep does a pretty good job keeping me awake.

New World Order
06-27-2014, 08:14 PM
The zipper on the shoulder keeps me awake.

I have fallen asleep twice while driving and both times wake up strips have saved my life.

Pepe Silvia
06-27-2014, 08:15 PM
Put a guillotine over my front seat.

SCTrojan
06-27-2014, 10:53 PM
The only thing that works for me is smoking. Used to do it in the army when we had those stupid 72 hour exercises where everyone was expected to stay awake through the whole thing.

buddha
06-27-2014, 10:57 PM
1. Coffee- Doesn't help much.
2. Pinch myself -It is a lose lose situation.
3. Roll down the window- same as coffee.
4. Sour lemon drops - It lasts about 5 minutes.

Any other tips?

A bag of the small, peeled carrots do the trick for me.

Rasputin
06-27-2014, 11:00 PM
I have never fallen asleep while getting a blow job driving down the road.

bevischief
06-28-2014, 06:53 AM

:)

confused
06-28-2014, 06:59 AM
I know many people on here will probably scoff at the idea, but have you tried sucking your own cock? I used to drive a 16 wheeler for Target in the early 2000's and would often find myself pulling all nighters multiple nights in a row. Whenever I thought I would potentially pass out, I'd take out my big fat talliwacker and go to town. Nothing will wake you up quicker than a nice girthy johnson.

Dayze
06-28-2014, 08:23 AM

yeah, but GoChiefs doesn't have time to go with you on your road trips.

MTG#10
06-28-2014, 08:34 AM
I know many people on here will probably scoff at the idea, but have you tried sucking your own cock? I used to drive a 16 wheeler for Target in the early 2000's and would often find myself pulling all nighters multiple nights in a row. Whenever I thought I would potentially pass out, I'd take out my big fat talliwacker and go to town. Nothing will wake you up quicker than a nice girthy johnson.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/cf-dafuq.gif

Red And Yellow
06-28-2014, 09:21 AM
really loud music... install an amp and a subwoofer

gblowfish
06-28-2014, 11:20 AM
I pull over and beat it at Chuckie Cheese.
That's how I stay "awak."

salame
06-29-2014, 01:51 AM
thats my trick
I'm always angry