PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request Just had my appendix out

TLO
05-20-2014, 04:41 PM
Last night, to be exact. Went to the doctor with an extreme pain in my right side. Was in and out of surgery in about an hour. Sent me home just a bit ago with some antibiotics and painkillers. I'm still awfully sore, and a little loopy. Positive thoughts would be appreciated.

DaFace
05-20-2014, 04:42 PM
Rub some dirt on it you big pansy. :p

Seriously, though, glad you're all fixed up and seemingly doing well.

TimBone
05-20-2014, 04:44 PM
Hope you heal up quick, Smoke!

C3HIEF3S
05-20-2014, 04:44 PM
Hope you feel better man, thoughts and prayers your way.

bevischief
05-20-2014, 04:45 PM
You got it.

Buehler445
05-20-2014, 04:46 PM
Didn't Cassel play shortly after having his out? And he sucked.

Seriously though, feel better man.

OldSchool
05-20-2014, 04:46 PM
Hope you recover well.

Hammock Parties
05-20-2014, 04:48 PM
if you need to shit, i have some advice

cosmo20002
05-20-2014, 04:50 PM
Good luck digesting cellulose molecules that are found in some plants!

Halfcan
05-20-2014, 04:50 PM
Best wishes!

mlyonsd
05-20-2014, 04:51 PM
The worst is over, hope you feel better.

ModSocks
05-20-2014, 04:55 PM
How much did you sell it for?

Rain Man
05-20-2014, 04:56 PM
I was reading recently about a scam where doctors tell you that they have to take your appendix out, and then they actually take a kidney and sell it on the black market. Where exactly are you sore?

The Franchise
05-20-2014, 04:59 PM
I had it happen Halloween night back in 2012. Went in doubled over in pain and they gave me morphine. Did a scan of my abdomen and they sent me home with the diagnosis of "we don't know what's going on but it's not appendicitis". My wife called me the next morning. The doctor looked at my scan the next morning and called the tech a moron. They told me to hurry up and get in for surgery. Fucking military hospitals.

Rain Man
05-20-2014, 05:00 PM
I had it happen Halloween night back in 2012. Went in doubled over in pain and they gave me morphine. Did a scan of my abdomen and they sent me home with the diagnosis of "we don't know what's going on but it's not appendicitis". My wife called me the next morning. The doctor looked at my scan the next morning and called the tech a moron. They told me to hurry up and get in for surgery. ****ing military hospitals.

I bet they took a kidney, too.

TribalElder
05-20-2014, 05:02 PM
GET UP AND WALK

CONSTANTLY

if you do not you will be sore as fuck

make sure to force yourself to get up and walk around. You will thank me later.

It was very hard to force myself to walk but I was very glad I did

hope you have a speedy recovery

The Franchise
05-20-2014, 05:08 PM
Your shoulders are going to hurt. When they operated on you....they pumped your abdomen full of gas. That gas has nowhere to go but up. A couple of days after my surgery....my neck and shoulders hurt like a fucking bitch.

BigMeatballDave
05-20-2014, 05:10 PM
Your shoulders are going to hurt. When they operated on you....they pumped your abdomen full of gas. That gas has nowhere to go but up. A couple of days after my surgery....my neck and shoulders hurt like a fucking bitch.

Why do they do that?

Rain Man
05-20-2014, 05:14 PM
Why do they do that?

It makes it easier to get the kidney out.

The Franchise
05-20-2014, 05:18 PM
Why do they do that?

Because during surgery....they pump gas into the abdomen so that they have more room to work with.

digger
05-20-2014, 05:31 PM
Hope you feel better man, thoughts and prayers your way. This and feel better man.

BigMeatballDave
05-20-2014, 05:32 PM
Because during surgery....they pump gas into the abdomen so that they have more room to work with.

Oh. Makes sense.

htismaqe
05-20-2014, 05:38 PM

This. Occasionally it hurts in your chest too, which leads people to the emergency room thinking they're having a heart attack.

The Franchise
05-20-2014, 05:41 PM
This. Occasionally it hurts in your chest too, which leads people to the emergency room thinking they're having a heart attack.

Yeah...luckily my nurse told me before we left.

TLO
05-20-2014, 05:43 PM
Thanks for the heads up Pestilence. I've got a new pain that developed more in my side than anything. Feels kind of like gas. I'm wondering if this isn't where this new pain is coming from. Or maybe it's just the stronger pain meds wearing off.

Fire Me Boy!
05-20-2014, 05:45 PM
You got it, Big Smoke.

bevischief
05-20-2014, 05:46 PM
Your shoulders are going to hurt. When they operated on you....they pumped your abdomen full of gas. That gas has nowhere to go but up. A couple of days after my surgery....my neck and shoulders hurt like a ****ing bitch.

They told me the same thing after my gallbladder surgery. No problems and walking just fine.

YayMike
05-20-2014, 05:46 PM
Had mine out years ago and almost burst inside me so I had emergency surgery. I felt like death for a week, had trouble walking and using the bathroom. Good luck and prayers.

TLO
05-20-2014, 05:48 PM
Had mine out years ago and almost burst inside me so I had emergency surgery. I felt like death for a week, had trouble walking and using the bathroom. Good luck and prayers.

I'm walking fine, but I hear ya on the bathroom thing. They made me take a shit before I left today.

TribalElder
05-20-2014, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the heads up Pestilence. I've got a new pain that developed more in my side than anything. Feels kind of like gas. I'm wondering if this isn't where this new pain is coming from. Or maybe it's just the stronger pain meds wearing off.

That pain is just the scalpel they accidentally forgot to grab before they closed the hole. It's cool though, a routine surgery will clear that right up

Rain Man
05-20-2014, 05:49 PM
That pain is just the scalpel they accidentally forgot to grab before they closed the hole. It's cool though, a routine surgery will clear that right up

It'll eventually work its way out even without surgery.

TribalElder
05-20-2014, 05:55 PM
It'll eventually work its way out even without surgery.

hopefully there will be a thread with a countdown to its arrival LMAO

Birthing The Scalpel.... The Countdown

cosmo20002
05-20-2014, 06:10 PM
I was reading recently about a scam where doctors tell you that they have to take your appendix out, and then they actually take a kidney and sell it on the black market. Where exactly are you sore?

Well, you're being ridiculous of course, but the appendix scam is how the gubmint implants the device that will allow it to control your mind and body to do its bidding.

Rain Man
05-20-2014, 06:24 PM
Well, you're being ridiculous of course, but the appendix scam is how the gubmint implants the device that will allow it to control your mind and body to do its bidding.

But they put a second one in the kidney and then implant it in someone else. Twice the mind control for the money. The whole scheme is pretty devious.

cabletech94
05-20-2014, 06:25 PM
hey smoke, hope you feel better soon and all. but my real concern: did it taste like beef ribs or pork ribs.

:)

Valiant
05-20-2014, 06:57 PM
Well. Now we know the older girl likes it rough.

Rain Man
05-20-2014, 06:59 PM
Well. Now we know the older girl likes it rough.

Yes, we do.

Wait. What?

Pasta Little Brioni
05-20-2014, 07:02 PM
Ease back into the pipe laying young fella

bevischief
05-20-2014, 10:08 PM
The midgets do

Fish
05-21-2014, 06:19 AM
Glad to hear it went smoothly.

Mine was a disaster. I was moving between houses at the time. Literally packing furniture into the UHaul when the pain in my side got so bad I couldn't stand. I thought I was just sore from moving. Somewhat drunk and really high. It was like 11:30pm on Saturday night. Supposed to be out of the house by Monday. Girlfriend finally took me to ER. Doc said I needed surgery within the hour. Said it was the size of a banana, and would have popped anytime. Loaded me up on morphine afterward. Which made me violent as all hell. For some reason I kept thinking my girlfriend was my ex wife, saying really really terrible things to her. She was totally freaked out, as we'd only dated a month or so. Nurses thought I was an asshole abusive boyfriend. Painkillers make me vomit uncontrollably. So throughout the whole thing I was projectile vomiting every 30 minutes, which hurt like a bastard. It was all around terrible.

BlackHelicopters
05-21-2014, 06:42 AM
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

kevonm
05-21-2014, 07:31 AM
I bet they took a kidney, too.

Funny story. I donated my kidney to a relative and they took my appendix out without me signing a consent. They said it looks inflamed but I am betting a resident needed the procedure

patteeu
05-21-2014, 08:25 AM
Good luck. The walking advice was good, so do it.

TLO
05-21-2014, 08:35 AM
I've been doing my fair share of walking. Still feels like I have some major gas right where my appendix was, (that general area). But I suppose it could just be sore because they had to move stuff around to get to the appendix too. I've been burping a lot today.

Slept decent last night. Went to bed around 11, woke up at 4 to take a hydro, back to sleep until around 9. I'm sitting outside right now. Feels pretty good.

Titty Meat
05-21-2014, 08:42 AM
Have that chick you were banging nurse you

Rain Man
05-21-2014, 09:52 AM
Funny story. I donated my kidney to a relative and they took my appendix out without me signing a consent. They said it looks inflamed but I am betting a resident needed the procedure

I bet they sold it.

Pablo
05-21-2014, 10:10 AM
Had my appendix out in 2005. Still a young pup with a body that could obviously handle the surgery, I had no concerns going in. Came out with pneumonia, as I had aspirated during anesthesia. That was terrible. Got past that and thought everything was gravy.

Then one of the internal sutures came loose and I developed a nasty abdominal abscess. That took some pretty potent antibiotics via pik line to cure over the better part of a month. Thank goodness for KU Med. Fuck Heartland forever and ever.

Buehler445
05-21-2014, 10:41 AM

Mine was a disaster. I was moving between houses at the time. Literally packing furniture into the UHaul when the pain in my side got so bad I couldn't stand. I thought I was just sore from moving. Somewhat drunk and really high. It was like 11:30pm on Saturday night. Supposed to be out of the house by Monday. Girlfriend finally took me to ER. Doc said I needed surgery within the hour. Said it was the size of a banana, and would have popped anytime. Loaded me up on morphine afterward. Which made me violent as all hell. For some reason I kept thinking my girlfriend was my ex wife, saying really really terrible things to her. She was totally freaked out, as we'd only dated a month or so. Nurses thought I was an asshole abusive boyfriend. Painkillers make me vomit uncontrollably. So throughout the whole thing I was projectile vomiting every 30 minutes, which hurt like a bastard. It was all around terrible.

Had my appendix out in 2005. Still a young pup with a body that could obviously handle the surgery, I had no concerns going in. Came out with pneumonia, as I had aspirated during anesthesia. That was terrible. Got past that and thought everything was gravy.

Then one of the internal sutures came loose and I developed a nasty abdominal abscess. That took some pretty potent antibiotics via pik line to cure over the better part of a month. Thank goodness for KU Med. Fuck Heartland forever and ever.

Jesus. You fuckers make me never want to go under the knife ever.

TLO
05-21-2014, 11:17 AM

Then one of the internal sutures came loose and I developed a nasty abdominal abscess. That took some pretty potent antibiotics via pik line to cure over the better part of a month. Thank goodness for KU Med. **** Heartland forever and ever.

Heartland did my surgery. Yikes!

ThaVirus
05-21-2014, 12:20 PM

LMAO

The fuck? That sounds highly illegal.

J Diddy
05-21-2014, 12:33 PM

Thank God they didn't need a sex change op under their belt too!

Rain Man
05-21-2014, 02:36 PM
Heartland did my surgery. Yikes!

You should have gone to Appendixland. They have much more experience.

tecumseh
05-21-2014, 02:41 PM
Did they show it to you after the surgery? Sometimes they just say you need the surgery cut you open and never do anything. Or is that just auto mechanics?

Pepe Silvia
05-21-2014, 02:43 PM
I'm getting my liver removed soon.

tecumseh
05-21-2014, 02:43 PM

Mine was a disaster. I was moving between houses at the time. Literally packing furniture into the UHaul when the pain in my side got so bad I couldn't stand. I thought I was just sore from moving. Somewhat drunk and really high. It was like 11:30pm on Saturday night. Supposed to be out of the house by Monday. Girlfriend finally took me to ER. Doc said I needed surgery within the hour. Said it was the size of a banana, and would have popped anytime. Loaded me up on morphine afterward. Which made me violent as all hell. For some reason I kept thinking my girlfriend was my ex wife, saying really really terrible things to her. She was totally freaked out, as we'd only dated a month or so. Nurses thought I was an asshole abusive boyfriend. Painkillers make me vomit uncontrollably. So throughout the whole thing I was projectile vomiting every 30 minutes, which hurt like a bastard. It was all around terrible.You win. Free surgery for life.

Rain Man
05-21-2014, 02:47 PM
I'm getting my liver removed soon.

You might want to get a second opinion about that first.

kevonm
05-21-2014, 02:48 PM
Thank God they didn't need a sex change op under their belt too!

Under their belt. Bazinga!

Valiant
05-21-2014, 03:05 PM
LMAO

The ****? That sounds highly illegal.

Did they charge him for it?

If not they are doing something illegal.

Marcellus
05-21-2014, 03:08 PM
We need a picture of your removed appendix to make it official.

Since Clay's poop thread pictures are now mandatory for all body related issue posts.

kevonm
05-21-2014, 03:28 PM
Did they charge him for it?

If not they are doing something illegal.

If they didn't charge me it's illegal? I am not following

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-21-2014, 03:51 PM
What a wimp. Mine actually ruptured 3 times before I just decided to take it out myself.

BlackHelicopters
05-21-2014, 04:07 PM
What a wimp. Mine actually ruptured 3 times before I just decided to take it out myself.

LMAO