PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Inmem58 has an announcement to make.

In58men
05-22-2014, 08:41 AM
No, I'm not leaving so don't celebrate. I'm exhausted in expressing my opinions on Alex Smith, therefore, I'll hold back every negative comment that pertains to Alex Smith. First question, do I think Alex Smith is a horrible QB? The answer is no, he's not horrible we had worse in the past. I truly believe he's not capable of winning the big game and I'll stand by that. In my opinion it takes an elite QB to do that. Yes, there has been mediocre QBs to win to the Super Bowl (ex. Joe Flacco and Brad Johnson). I want more than just one ring, I want to be feared in the post season every year, a dynasty. That's all and you can't have a dynasty team with Alex Smith as your QB.

To win a Super Bowl and be shitty for years to come is not the way I'm wanting this team to go. I have high expectations when it comes to rebuilding. We are always trying to look for the easy Super Bowl win rather to build a team and groom a QB. It's like the Chiefs don't want to groom QBs. We seem effortless at finding our QBOTF.

From now on my comments on Alex Smith will be scarce until week 1 and/or preseason. Hope everyone has a great Thursday and be safe out there. This is my promise to you.

BTW Scott Free, I still think you're a good guy.

TLO
05-22-2014, 08:43 AM
First

htismaqe
05-22-2014, 08:43 AM
I hope I didn't hurt your feelings!

Ebolapox
05-22-2014, 08:44 AM
K

Q

Simply Red
05-22-2014, 08:45 AM
I'm proud of this thread. I knew you were sweet.

Messier
05-22-2014, 08:45 AM
So who is the QB we should have right now? If the Chiefs cared and all.

digger
05-22-2014, 08:46 AM
Aaron Murray and Tyler Bray, give the new guys a chance.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-22-2014, 08:50 AM
Embarrassing

Dante84
05-22-2014, 08:51 AM
Not only are you shitty at life, but you have an ego, too.

Simply Red
05-22-2014, 08:52 AM
I think you'll find Anne Murray will have about the same NFL skill-set as butt-chin - while Bray I think will be a sturdier Brodie Croyle - yet still not quite good enough on the NFL level to even be considered 'good' - No offense to anyones' thoughts - but that's what I'm seeing - I'm certainly pulling for both.

JakeLV
05-22-2014, 08:57 AM
Not only are you shitty at life, but you have an ego, too.

It's that California air man. Has made his head big.

RealSNR
05-22-2014, 09:00 AM
So who is the QB we should have right now? If the Chiefs cared and all.

He said they've put in zero effort, which is true.

Aaron Murray is the first microscopic morsel of consideration the franchise has given to its longterm QB success since Brodie Croyle.

Rausch
05-22-2014, 09:02 AM
I truly believe he's not capable of winning the big game and I'll stand by that. In my opinion it takes an elite QB to do that. Yes, there has been mediocre QBs to win to the Super Bowl (ex. Joe Flacco and Brad Johnson).

Well, thank's for saving us all some time...

Predarat
05-22-2014, 09:04 AM
Alex Smith > cAssHole

htismaqe
05-22-2014, 09:15 AM

He wrote "Stairway to Heaven".

Bowser
05-22-2014, 09:15 AM
No, I'm not leaving so don't celebrate. I'm exhausted in expressing my opinions on Alex Smith, therefore, I'll hold back every negative comment that pertains to Alex Smith. First question, do I think Alex Smith is a horrible QB? The answer is no, he's not horrible we had worse in the past. I truly believe he's not capable of winning the big game and I'll stand by that. In my opinion it takes an elite QB to do that. Yes, there has been mediocre QBs to win to the Super Bowl (ex. Joe Flacco and Brad Johnson). I want more than just one ring, I want to be feared in the post season every year, a dynasty. That's all and you can't have a dynasty team with Alex Smith as your QB.

To win a Super Bowl and be shitty for years to come is not the way I'm wanting this team to go. I have high expectations when it comes to rebuilding. We are always trying to look for the easy Super Bowl win rather to build a team and groom a QB. It's like the Chiefs don't want to groom QBs. We seem effortless at finding our QBOTF.

From now on my comments on Alex Smith will be scarce until week 1 and/or preseason. Hope everyone has a great Thursday and be safe out there. This is my promise to you.

Your problem isn't with Alex per se, it's with the fact the Chiefs just don't draft true QB prospects. I get it, I really do. That little fact is part of the reason I decided to stop getting season tickets. It's frustrating as a fan to watch. No QB drafted in the first round in 30 years is ridiculous, especially considering the guys we have brought in to be our starters.

That said, Alex is worth pulling for. He proved himself last season (after the bye, in particular), and I really believe he is good enough to win in the playoffs. We need to ask cdcox what the statistical chances of us losing that playoff game were when we were up 38-10 halfway through the third quarter. Alex couldn't have done anything different that game, and I don't even blame that sack/fumble on him by a roided up Robert Mathis. Mathis gets paid to make plays, as well.

You're just a Chiefs fan that's sick of watching them flounder. Welcome to the club.

Hammock Parties
05-22-2014, 09:20 AM
Scott Free is a dumbass.

Marcellus
05-22-2014, 09:22 AM
He said they've put in zero effort, which is true.

Aaron Murray is the first microscopic morsel of consideration the franchise has given to its longterm QB success since Brodie Croyle.

2 2nds for Smith and a big contract in the wings says otherwise. That is plenty of effort.

Giving high 2nd for Casshole and $60MM is effort.

Your accusation is that unless they draft a guy high and groom him they aren't giving any effort, that is simply not true.

Have they gone about it the right way the last 30 years? Obviously not.

Effort spent unwisely is not lack of effort, its just bad results.

Its kind of like the people who think the Chiefs have been cheap over the years and that is simply not true. They have spent tons of money on the wrong guys.

KC native
05-22-2014, 09:25 AM
this clearly needed its own thread.

runner up to noob of the year is runner up.

Bowser
05-22-2014, 09:25 AM
I think you'll find Anne Murray will have about the same NFL skill-set as butt-chin - while Bray I think will be a sturdier Brodie Croyle - yet still not quite good enough on the NFL level to even be considered 'good' - No offense to anyones' thoughts - but that's what I'm seeing - I'm certainly pulling for both.

I'm actually excited to see what Murray brings, especially considering if he is over his injury.

htismaqe
05-22-2014, 09:28 AM
this clearly needed its own thread.

runner up to noob of the year is runner up.

He actually made it to the play-in game but didn't qualify for the field of 101.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=10644776&postcount=647

ChiTown
05-22-2014, 10:18 AM
To summarize the OP.

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME, ME! MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME, ME, AND ME. LOOKATMELOOKATMELOOKATMELOOKATMELOOKATMELOOKATME. ITS ALL ABOUT ME, 24-7 ME. DID I MENTION ME? ME.

SINCERELY,

ME

BlackHelicopters
05-22-2014, 10:24 AM
In.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-22-2014, 10:25 AM
Men

RealSNR
05-22-2014, 10:26 AM
2 2nds for Smith and a big contract in the wings says otherwise. That is plenty of effort.

Your accusation is that unless they draft a guy high and groom him they aren't giving any effort, that is simply not true.

Its kind of like the people who think the Chiefs have been cheap over the years and that is simply not true. They have spent tons of money on the wrong guys.

Casshole was 28 when we traded for him.

Smith was 29.

I'm talking about long term success. Creating a 10-year+ dynasty around a single QB, which is what Inmem is talking about.

Alex Smith may very well end up being a fantastic QB for us, but I don't view him as a longterm QB for that job any more than I did Trent Green when we traded for him.

Chief_For_Life58
05-22-2014, 10:35 AM
I agree. everybody here has a raging hard on for Smith because he's the first competent qb we've had since Trent

Coochie liquor
05-22-2014, 10:55 AM

This, exactly!! And I for 1 don't think you have to draft a qb in round 1 for him to be your qb or elite. It's almost always a crapshoot except for a few exceptions. And I wouldn't want to see us reach for a qb I'm the first just to take one there. If you don't have one on your board at that spot then you do as you should, bpa. And CP idea of BPA is always dif from the Chiefs.

ptlyon
05-22-2014, 11:02 AM
Alex Smith Sucks

ASS is the acronym

Pasta Little Brioni
05-22-2014, 11:04 AM
Congrats on coming out of the closet

Jakemall
05-22-2014, 11:06 AM

Trust me when I say that living in Kern does not lend itself to head swell.

BigMeatballDave
05-22-2014, 11:48 AM
InMen only recently started being an ass.

I bet his boyfriend stopped getting enemas.

J Diddy
05-22-2014, 11:56 AM
InMen only recently started being in ass.

I bet his boyfriend stopped getting enemas.

FYP

eDave
05-22-2014, 12:22 PM
Trust me when I say that living in Kern does not lend itself to head swell.

Can confirm. Go Taft!

TribalElder
05-22-2014, 12:23 PM
Did you visit ratemypoo.com ?

In58men
05-22-2014, 12:27 PM
Can confirm. Go Taft!

Hell yeah. Nothing but oilfields in Taft. That little town got me where I'm at today. My mother still lives there lol.

J Diddy
05-22-2014, 01:07 PM
Hell yeah. Nothing but oilfields in Taft. That little town got me where I'm at today. My mother still lives there lol.

Is this some reference to the Best of Times?

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-22-2014, 01:09 PM
I see this franchise as being the one that gets their ring about once a decade when this show gets rolling.

Rausch
05-22-2014, 01:10 PM
I see this franchise as being the one that gets their ring about once a decade when this show gets rolling.

LMAO

ptlyon
05-22-2014, 01:12 PM
LMAO

No shit. Someone please refer this lad to the Lexicon...

J Diddy
05-22-2014, 01:12 PM

Well then I guess we got a dynasty coming because we're back owed about 5.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-22-2014, 01:20 PM
Well then I guess we got a dynasty coming because we're back owed about 5.

Yeah, good luck collecting on that with the Arrowhead burial ground-syndrome.

We'll compete every year and get our shot about 1 every 3 to 4. Unless, of course, we finally land the coveted franchise QB.

JakeLV
05-22-2014, 01:32 PM
Not sure if I saw this here or elsewhere....

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/climate_desk/2014/02/internet_troll_personality_study_machiavellianism_narcissism_psychopathy.html

That being said, thanks for toning it down.

RunKC
05-22-2014, 02:39 PM
Imagine the backlash if Bridgewater or JFF have success and we still haven't won a playoff game.

tecumseh
05-22-2014, 03:05 PM

Oh we've been rolling in it for quite some time.:evil:

OnTheWarpath15
05-22-2014, 03:26 PM

Smith was 29.

I'm talking about long term success. Creating a 10-year+ dynasty around a single QB, which is what Inmem is talking about.

Alex Smith may very well end up being a fantastic QB for us, but I don't view him as a longterm QB for that job any more than I did Trent Green when we traded for him.

But Alex Smith can play at a high level until he's 38 or 39.

Why? Peyton Manning is doing it. /CP

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-22-2014, 03:33 PM
Oh we've been rolling in it for quite some time.:evil:

Oh I know the history of ineptitude backwards and forwards. That said, I think the Dorseid can pull it off but it will take a little more time.

RunKC
05-22-2014, 03:39 PM

Smith was 29.

Dynasty? Shit I'd settle for just 1 SB at this point

BigMeatballDave
05-22-2014, 03:48 PM
But Alex Smith can play at a high level until he's 38 or 39.

Why? Peyton Manning is doing it. /CP

Uh, who said that?

OnTheWarpath15
05-22-2014, 04:00 PM
Uh, who said that?

It's one of the go-to arguments against those who feel we gave up too much for a QB that's pushing 30.

It's not just Alex. A lot of people here think most of our players can play at a high level deep into their 30's.

SAUTO
05-22-2014, 04:07 PM
It's one of the go-to arguments against those who feel we gave up too much for a QB that's pushing 30.

It's not just Alex. A lot of people here think most of our players can play at a high level deep into their 30's.

yep, some here think he could be a 10 year starter, but balk at the notion he will be the same at 39...LMAO

Baby Lee
05-22-2014, 04:11 PM

QBs have a longer shelf life than RBs, heck Pennington made it to mid-30s and Testeverde made it nearly to 40.

OnTheWarpath15
05-22-2014, 04:19 PM
QBs have a longer shelf life than RBs, heck Pennington made it to mid-30s and Testeverde made it nearly to 40.

Anyone who would be satisfied with 35+ year old Chad Pennington or 40 year old Vinny Testeverde as your starting QB, please raise your hand.

Playing until you're 40 and playing at a high level until you're 40 are two completely different things.

Especially when you're talking about a QB who has played an entire season 3 times in 8 years and has roughly a full season cumulative of playing at a "high level" in those 8 seasons. It's debatable that he can repeat his Indy performance consistently this season - much less for another 8+ years.

Easy 6
05-22-2014, 04:25 PM
Haha, I flipped you some shit last night but I feel the same, Inmem.

My friends tell me I'm full of shit ALL the time.

Easy 6
05-22-2014, 04:28 PM
Scott Free is a dumbass.

I've been called worse by better.

Baby Lee
05-22-2014, 04:34 PM
Anyone who would be satisfied with 35+ year old Chad Pennington or 40 year old Vinny Testeverde as your starting QB, please raise your hand.

Playing until you're 40 and playing at a high level until you're 40 are two completely different things.

Especially when you're talking about a QB who has played an entire season 3 times in 8 years and has roughly a full season cumulative of playing at a "high level" in those 8 seasons. It's debatable that he can repeat his Indy performance consistently this season - much less for another 8+ years.

Testaverde had a 90.6 rating at 40 for the 1/2 season he filled in for the Jets. He was 101.6 on the season for the Jets at 35.

I'm not saying they're all great, but a LOT of QBs make it to mid-late 30s and are still productive.

Heck Randall Cunningham was more productive late in his career than a lot of QBs.

OnTheWarpath15
05-22-2014, 04:41 PM
Testaverde had a 90.6 rating at 40 for the 1/2 season he filled in for the Jets. He was 101.6 on the season for the Jets at 35.

And this is where I completely tune out your football takes if you're going to rely on QB rating as an effective measure of play.

When you can "earn" a 124.5 rating in a game in which you throw for under 100 yards and lose by 20 - it's a flawed statistic.

Rams Fan
05-22-2014, 04:42 PM
Imagine the backlash if Bridgewater or JFF have success and we still haven't won a playoff game.

Do you really, really, really fucking think that there would be backlash about a team passing on a QB in the 1st round for one that just traded fairly high picks for a QB who played well in a postseason game the previous season?

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-22-2014, 04:42 PM
If it wasn't for Cleveland we'd have johnny football and we'd be set for the next 30 years.

Rams Fan
05-22-2014, 04:44 PM
And this is where I completely tune out your football takes if you're going to rely on QB rating as an effective measure of play.

When you can "earn" a 124.5 rating in a game in which you throw for under 100 yards and lose by 20 - it's a flawed statistic.

You know what else is a flawed statistic?

A QB's overall W-L record.

Baby Lee
05-22-2014, 04:45 PM

Oh fuck off, I'm not going to go back and break down nearly decade old game film of the Jets just to make a point you're going to reject anyway.

Point is, older QBs are different from older RBs or LBs.

OnTheWarpath15
05-22-2014, 04:48 PM

Funny, that doesn't stop folks around here.

If you go 9-0 carried by the defense, it's a team game.

If you go 2-5 while playing good ball, it's the defense's fault.

When discussing other QB, wins are all that matters around here. Guys like Romo, Ryan and Stafford have taken a beating around here when they don't win, and none of them have ever had any defensive help.

Tunes quickly change when the QB in question is wearing ketchup and mustard however.

OnTheWarpath15
05-22-2014, 04:50 PM
Oh fuck off, I'm not going to go back and break down nearly decade old game film of the Jets just to make a point you're going to reject anyway.

Point is, older QBs are different from older RBs or LBs.

Who asked you to break down game film?

Using the old QB Rating is like using "well, he's a Pro Bowler" in an argument.

A guy is good because he won a popularity contest?

I get your point - an older QB can be serviceable.

I would hope we would want more than fucking serviceable.

TLO
05-22-2014, 04:51 PM

Brodie Croyle... is my reply to that statement.

Rams Fan
05-22-2014, 04:54 PM

When discussing other QB, wins are all that matters around here. Guys like Romo, Ryan and Stafford have taken a beating around here when they don't win, and none of them have ever had any defensive help.

Tunes quickly change when the QB in question is wearing ketchup and mustard however.

I think it has more to do with the fact that every one wants a fucking Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees,or Tom Brady to be their team's QB. Those QBs, for example, clearly are the main cogs of their offenses'. And, if that's that the case, do you want your team's O to rely less on the running game?

In KC, as long as Charles plays at top 5 RB level, Smith doesn't need to be a top 5 QB. He has to be around a top 10 QB who doesn't choke, turnover the ball or halt drives.

Rams Fan
05-22-2014, 04:55 PM

Matt Cassel in 2008 is a reply to Brodie Croyle.

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-22-2014, 04:56 PM

That wasn't flawed . you don't go 0-27 without a reason.

Anyong Bluth
05-22-2014, 04:57 PM
It can also be expressed by simply not replying to the above topic mentioned.

OnTheWarpath15
05-22-2014, 04:57 PM

He's right, to a degree. A W/L record alone isn't reliable.

The ESPN QBR metric is probably the best tool available right now - it determines how much QB play contributes to each play.

A lot of people try to discredit this metric, however, because it shows that Alex Smith didn't contribute nearly as much to our 11-5 season as people claim he did.

Anyong Bluth
05-22-2014, 04:58 PM
Btw, Mr. elite QB, Peyton Manning, only has 1 ring.

Anyong Bluth
05-22-2014, 05:00 PM
To summarize the OP.

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME, ME! MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME, Alex Smith, ME, AND ME. LOOKATMELOOKATMELOOKATMELOOKATMELOOKATMELOOKATME. ITS ALL ABOUT ME, 24-7 ME. DID I MENTION ME? ME.

SINCERELY,

ME

Fyp. Yw.

Baby Lee
05-22-2014, 05:06 PM

I'm not saying Smith is any of these guys, but Favre, Elway and Montana were beyond 'serviceable' into their late 30s.

I point that out to say, if you know your game, your skill level at QB doesn't fall off a cliff like a RB or LB. You only grow more experienced with your system and teammates.

htismaqe
05-22-2014, 05:11 PM
Do you really, really, really fucking think that there would be backlash about a team passing on a QB in the 1st round for one that just traded fairly high picks for a QB who played well in a postseason game the previous season?

If one of them wins a playoff game before Alex Smith does, absolutely. There will be a HUGE backlash.

|Zach|
05-22-2014, 05:12 PM
Drama.

BigMeatballDave
05-22-2014, 05:14 PM
If one of them wins a playoff game before Alex Smith does, absolutely. There will be a HUGE backlash.

So much for team game...

htismaqe
05-22-2014, 05:15 PM
So much for team game...

Not saying it's right or wrong but you can bet your ass it will happen.

Baby Lee
05-22-2014, 05:22 PM
So much for team game...

Not saying it's right or wrong but you can bet your ass it will happen.

Never underestimate the gynosilicosis of Chiefsplanet.

ChiTown
05-22-2014, 05:28 PM

ROFL

OnTheWarpath15
05-22-2014, 05:32 PM
So much for team game...

That might be how you feel, but most around here aren't willing to be consistent when uttering those two words.

If it's a team game at 9-0, then it's a team game at 2-6.

BigMeatballDave
05-22-2014, 05:35 PM

LMAO Admittedly, I had to Google silicosis.

BigMeatballDave
05-22-2014, 05:37 PM
That might be how you feel, but most around here aren't willing to be consistent when uttering those two words.

I agree.

OnTheWarpath15
05-22-2014, 05:39 PM
I agree.

And I'm sure you'd admit, you're in the minority on the subject.

NinerDoug
05-22-2014, 05:45 PM

So, it takes an elite quarterback to win the big game, even though it doesn't?

Oh well. "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Baby Lee
05-22-2014, 05:50 PM
So, it takes an elite quarterback to win the big game, even though it doesn't?

Oh well. "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

http://pokethebear.50webs.org/poster4.jpg

If he's truly going to shut his pie hole, just say 'yes thank you.'

Anyong Bluth
05-22-2014, 06:00 PM

Word for the day calendar being put to use well, I see.

Baby Lee
05-22-2014, 06:05 PM
Word for the day calendar being put to use well, I see.

I honestly think I coined it. Rainman gets disigerent, I get gynosilicosis.

BossChief
05-22-2014, 06:16 PM
Alex Smith runs a lot
Alex Smith has torn his throwing shoulder twice
Alex Smith has had multiple concussions
Alex Smith is on the verge of getting a big contract

Other than those concerns, I really do like the way the guy played the last 7 weeks of the season and hope he stays in KC for a few years...so long as they groom someone behind him.

SAUTO
05-22-2014, 06:29 PM
I think it has more to do with the fact that every one wants a fucking Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees,or Tom Brady to be their team's QB. Those QBs, for example, clearly are the main cogs of their offenses'. And, if that's that the case, do you want your team's O to rely less on the running game?

In KC, as long as Charles plays at top 5 RB level, Smith doesn't need to be a top 5 QB. He has to be around a top 10 QB who doesn't choke, turnover the ball or halt drives.

Charles could go at any time, please not though, but a rb shelf life is less than that of a qb. I would rather take my chance with a top five qb than a top five rb every day of the week and twice on sundays
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
05-22-2014, 06:31 PM

But the defense played like shit in the second half of the playoff game...
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefsCountry
05-22-2014, 06:58 PM

Super Bowl wins
Playoff wins
Beating other Elite QBs

That is all it boils down to for me.

htismaqe
05-22-2014, 07:19 PM
I honestly think I coined it. Rainman gets disigerent, I get gynosilicosis.

Yours is better. We need to petition Merriam-Webster.

BigMeatballDave
05-22-2014, 07:19 PM
Beating other Elite QBs

That is all it boils down to for me.Please stop.

'Beating' other Elite QBs has nothing to do with any of this.

What does this even mean?

The Bad Guy
05-22-2014, 07:23 PM

That's unequivocally not true. Ryan had plenty of defensive help throughout his career. Just because the defense sucked last year, doesn't mean he's been void of a defense.

Same with Romo. Last year's Cowboy's D sucked, but it wasn't a bad defense in prior years.

OnTheWarpath15
05-22-2014, 07:32 PM
Matt Ryan has been the beneficiary of a top 10 defense twice. Both years they went 13-3.

In his four playoff losses, the defense has allowed 28, 24, 48 and 30 points.

But people blast him because he "can't win in the playoffs".

Team game?

Just Passin' By
05-22-2014, 07:33 PM

The ESPN QBR metric is probably the best tool available right now - it determines how much QB play contributes to each play.

A lot of people try to discredit this metric, however, because it shows that Alex Smith didn't contribute nearly as much to our 11-5 season as people claim he did.

LMAO

OnTheWarpath15
05-22-2014, 07:40 PM
Romo has had a defense in the top 15 TWICE in eight years.

Last four years - 26th, 24th, 16th and 31st in points against.

Average points allowed ranking over Romo's 8 years - 19th.

OnTheWarpath15
05-22-2014, 07:45 PM
LMAO

Feel free to point out another metric that considers situation, importance and performance on each play in a game.

Or, we can keep thinking the formula where you complete 80% of your passes for 100 yards and don't turn the ball over and are considered elite is a good tool.

Hammock Parties
05-22-2014, 07:57 PM
Romo has had a defense in the top 15 TWICE in eight years.

Last four years - 26th, 24th, 16th and 31st in points against.

Average points allowed ranking over Romo's 8 years - 19th.

Alex would go 6-10 on those teams.

Anyong Bluth
05-22-2014, 08:09 PM
Alex would go 6-10 on those teams.

Alex could go 16-0 and some around here would find things to whine about.

BossChief
05-22-2014, 08:49 PM

And apart from a few games here and there, Geno Smith was terrible at ESPN total QBR...until the final 4 games where he was the second highest rated QB in the NFL in total QBR. During those 4 games, he went 3-1 against good defenses and almost pushed his team into the playoffs.

The haters of the kid better hope he falls off a cliff when facing a competition with Mike Vick, because those 4 games could be a precursor to a pretty good career in the exact offense we run in KC and Eric Fisher also needs to show he isn't total crap.

-poking the bear-

BossChief
05-22-2014, 08:49 PM
Alex could go 16-0 and some around here would find things to whine about.

Oh, c'mon.

Just Passin' By
05-22-2014, 08:50 PM
Feel free to point out another metric that considers situation, importance and performance on each play in a game.

Or, we can keep thinking the formula where you complete 80% of your passes for 100 yards and don't turn the ball over and are considered elite is a good tool.

They're all flawed, because they're sports stats. QBR is hot garbage, though, so calling it the best is pretty much up there at the top of the bullshit pile, right along with calling PFF formulae worthwhile.

BossChief
05-22-2014, 08:52 PM
They're all flawed, because they're sports stats. QBR is hot garbage, though, so calling it the best is pretty much up there at the top of the bullshit pile, right along with calling PFF formulae worthwhile.

If the PFF formula isn't worthwhile, then why did 23 NFL teams use their service last year?

Btw, when you give your mom a hug...get a whiff...that's my urine.

On her breath.

mlyonsd
05-22-2014, 09:06 PM
I usually don't wade into QB arguments until they are proven horrible so here it goes.

Smith could easily win a SB with the proper elements around him. I don't doubt he would take more chances if he trusted our defense to cover his mistakes. He really is Lenny or Trent Green smart.

What I don't understand is not going out and giving him weapons to throw to. Apparently Dorsey thinks the defense comes first which is fine, I hope at some point the offense breaks out.

milkman
05-22-2014, 09:08 PM
I've always said give me a franchise QB and a top 10 defense and I'll take my chances against the rest of the league.

But the reality is there are more things that factor in.

If you want a dynasty, you need more than just an elite QB.

Aaron Rodgers is the best in the game right now, but if that Packer defense doesn't improve, then that SB from a couple of years ago could be his only one.

Tom Brady hasn't won since he achieved the level of elite because the defense, which was the driving force of the SBs declined.

Dynasties require superior QB, defense and coaching, and just a little bit of luck.

WilliamTheIrish
05-22-2014, 09:08 PM

Central Cal for the wi... Because it's not Stockton!

J/k friend.

BossChief
05-22-2014, 09:12 PM
I've always said give me a franchise QB and a top 10 defense and I'll take my chances against the rest of the league.

But the reality is there are more things that factor in.

If you want a dynasty, you need more than just an elite QB.

Aaron Rodgers is the best in the game right now, but if that Packer defense doesn't improve, then that SB from a couple of years ago could be his only one.

Tom Brady hasn't won since he achieved the level of elite because the defense, which was the driving force of the SBs declined.

Dynasties require superior QB, defense and coaching, and just a little bit of luck.
The game has evolved so much over the last 5-10 years that you need a defense that can defend the pass while forcing turnovers, a coaching staff that can stay ahead of the curve and a quarterback that can attack every part of the field with his arm and legs...while also protecting the ball.

It's not as simple as it was just a few years ago.

milkman
05-22-2014, 09:20 PM
The game has evolved so much over the last 5-10 years that you need a defense that can defend the pass while forcing turnovers, a coaching staff that can stay ahead of the curve and a quarterback that can attack every part of the field with his arm and legs...while also protecting the ball.

It's not as simple as it was just a few years ago.

You can break each aspect down to complicate it, but the fact is, it still is as simple as QB, defense, and coaching.

Baby Lee
05-22-2014, 09:23 PM
Yours is better. We need to petition Merriam-Webster.

A good 6 years since I first used it here, and only Chiefsplanet links pop up on google.

ChiTown
05-22-2014, 10:59 PM
A good 6 years since I first used it here, and only Chiefsplanet links pop up on google.

Being that I'm in the sand business, silicosis is a big deal. I'll have to warn our female employees to shut their clams tight when they walk through the plant.

#PUSS PSA

J Diddy
05-22-2014, 11:48 PM
Being that I'm in the sand business, silicosis is a big deal. I'll have to warn our female employees to shut their clams tight when they walk through the plant.

#PUSS PSA

http://i.imgur.com/IW8simF.gif

Saccopoo
05-23-2014, 01:11 AM
This, exactly!! And I for 1 don't think you have to draft a qb in round 1 for him to be your qb or elite. It's almost always a crapshoot except for a few exceptions. And I wouldn't want to see us reach for a qb I'm the first just to take one there. If you don't have one on your board at that spot then you do as you should, bpa. And CP idea of BPA is always dif from the Chiefs.

http://blogimages.thescore.com/nfl/files/2010/09/Clausen-suit.jpg

Saccopoo
05-23-2014, 01:14 AM

How about a ****ing playoff win?

Dynasty?

I won't be happy until the Chiefs are a dynasty! Boo ****ing hoo!

Talk about being the most unrealistic person on the planet.

What a ****ing tool.

(Not you Run, the moron OP.)

Tribal Warfare
05-23-2014, 04:18 AM
tl;dr

J Diddy
05-23-2014, 09:17 AM
How about a ****ing playoff win?

Dynasty?

I won't be happy until the Chiefs are a dynasty! Boo ****ing hoo!

Talk about being the most unrealistic person on the planet.

What a ****ing tool.

(Not you Run, the moron OP.)

Lol, before you get too enraged I must tell you a few things. First, the OP said nothing of a dynasty. A newb said that with the current regime we're likely to win a championship 1 every 10 years. Half poking fun and half being a smart ass I said that since we haven't had one in 50 years that we're owed a dynasty (because of the lack of getting our 1/10.)

okoye35chiefs
05-23-2014, 09:36 AM
Alex Smith > cAssHole

yes....casseling to the 10th degree

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-23-2014, 12:07 PM
Man, people sure are passionate about the stop-gap!

Anyong Bluth
05-23-2014, 01:48 PM
Lol, before you get too enraged I must tell you a few things. First, the OP said nothing of a dynasty. A newb said that with the current regime we're likely to win a championship 1 every 10 years. Half poking fun and half being a smart ass I said that since we haven't had one in 50 years that we're owed a dynasty (because of the lack of getting our 1/10.)

So it's a dynasty of "*not* winning" that we have claim to.

Messier
05-23-2014, 02:00 PM
Man, people sure are passionate about the stop-gap!

Was Trent Green a stop gap?

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-23-2014, 02:02 PM
Was Trent Green a stop gap?

I'm not even going there.

BigMeatballDave
05-23-2014, 02:18 PM

Why not?

htismaqe
05-23-2014, 02:22 PM
Why not?

Because he already knows up front that you're not going to agree with him...

BigMeatballDave
05-23-2014, 02:36 PM
Because he already knows up front that you're not going to agree with him...

If Smith is here for 6 seasons, does that make him a stop-gap?

BigMeatballDave
05-23-2014, 02:40 PM
I don't really care.

Just curious to know why Trent was not and Smith is.

htismaqe
05-23-2014, 02:46 PM

I think you missed the point.

He said he wasn't going there.

I'm assuming that's because he was prepared to say that Trent Green was a stop-gap too and he knew what kind of "discussion" would ensue...

htismaqe
05-23-2014, 02:46 PM
I don't really care.

Just curious to know why Trent was not and Smith is.

He didn't say Trent wasn't a stop-gap. He simply refused to answer the question.

BigMeatballDave
05-23-2014, 02:49 PM
I think you missed the point.

He said he wasn't going there.

I'm assuming that's because he was prepared to say that Trent Green was a stop-gap too and he knew what kind of "discussion" would ensue...

Heh, I assumed he was going to say No.

IMO, neither are/were because there is/was no clear QBOTF on the roster.

J Diddy
05-23-2014, 02:51 PM

No. If we'd have drafted a replacement and allowed him to run out his contract then yeah. It's obvious from what they gave up for him that they intend due him to be under center for a while.

I'd like to also point out that they way Green was handled at the end was mother giving bullshit

Messier
05-23-2014, 03:27 PM

I wouldn't.

BlackHelicopters
05-23-2014, 03:35 PM
Trent Green. Because Chiefs.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-23-2014, 03:36 PM
That u like fishsticks?

Messier
05-23-2014, 03:39 PM
I'd call Carson Palmer a stop gap.

JakeLV
05-23-2014, 04:01 PM

From the OP:

I want more than just one ring, I want to be feared in the post season every year, a dynasty. That's all and you can't have a dynasty team with Alex Smith as your QB.

Chiefs Pantalones
05-23-2014, 04:15 PM

F that. I'll post a nude selfie when we actually win a playoff game again for crying out loud. Another Super Bowl win is a little too much to ask for in this present time.

Easy 6
05-23-2014, 04:49 PM

Just admit it, Trent wasn't a stopgap... he was much the same kind of QB Alex is.

Give them both a solid TEAM and they certainly ARE capable of winning it all. Just like someone else said a day or two ago... Marino was elite but he didn't win shit, why? because he always had a halfassed team.

Even the very best need a mostly complete team around them to go all the way.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-27-2014, 09:09 AM
I will admit that if Alex is a six year QB here, I'd just as soon vomit my breakfast up. I don't see either happening though.