PDA

View Full Version : Football Clayton's Football Gospel: Andrew Luck is Overrated

Pages : [1] 2

Discuss Thrower
05-25-2014, 12:45 PM
The simple answer is that Luck isn’t as good as some people think he is. When the game is on the line there may be few quarterbacks better, but there is still a pretty large element of ‘Bad Luck’ during games where he misses too many routine throws and makes too many poor plays. Those are reflected in his play-by-play grading and explains why he finished the year graded as just the 10th best QB while only five [Peyton Manning, Philip Rivers, Russell Wilson, Drew Brees & Tom Brady] made the list.

Source, PFF. (https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/05/19/the-pff-top-101-tweetbag-edition/)

Discus.

In58men
05-25-2014, 12:48 PM
Didn't he have WR and RB issues all season long? Luck is the man.

RealSNR
05-25-2014, 12:50 PM
Given his age, durability, and talent level, he's the most valuable QB in the NFL. Every single team in the NFL right now, if given the choice to swap their current starting QB for Andrew Luck, would take Andrew Luck.

No questions. No exceptions.

Rain Man
05-25-2014, 12:50 PM
He is overrated. I've been saying that ever since he was voted into the Hall of Fame as a rookie.

RealSNR
05-25-2014, 12:51 PM
Also, fuck the Indianapolis Colts.

I curse them. I damn them to hell.

Hammock Parties
05-25-2014, 12:53 PM
I can't believe anyone would say Andrew Luck is overrated after that playoff game.

He is a fucking stud.

Coochie liquor
05-25-2014, 12:59 PM
Last year was his second season, and he didn't have many good weapons as the season wore on. I think he's gonna get nothing but better. I'd take him. I'm not ready to vote him into the HOF but I think he's gonna be a top tier qb in this league once they give him some weapons.

tk13
05-25-2014, 01:01 PM
Yeah right. This is an example of trying to be way too clever with statistics. If I was starting a new franchise and got to pick any QB... the only guy I might pick over Luck is Rodgers. And I'm not sure I'd do that.

He took over a terrible team and led them to 11-5 and the playoffs his first two years in the league. He has a chance to be better than all those other guys.

Hammock Parties
05-25-2014, 01:03 PM
Jeez, a guy in his second year is only the 10th best QB in the league.

He sucks.

Rain Man
05-25-2014, 01:04 PM
I can't believe anyone would say Andrew Luck is overrated after that playoff game.

He is a ****ing stud.

I could lead a 28-point comeback if Kendrick Lewis is the free safety. You could. Anyone on this site could. Either of the Olsen twins could, even the one with all the drug problems.

RealSNR
05-25-2014, 01:05 PM
The HOF thing is irrelevant. What's also irrelevant is that he's not the best QB in the NFL right now.

No shit. Has there ever been a QB who became the best in the NFL after only two seasons?

KCrockaholic
05-25-2014, 01:07 PM
Andrew Luck is not overrated. Stupid.

SAUTO
05-25-2014, 01:07 PM
Dumbest shit ever. He's going into his third season.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fire Me Boy!
05-25-2014, 01:08 PM
Yeah right. This is an example of trying to be way too clever with statistics. If I was starting a new franchise and got to pick any QB... the only guy I might pick over Luck is Rodgers. And I'm not sure I'd do that.

He took over a terrible team and led them to 11-5 and the playoffs his first two years in the league. He has a chance to be better than all those other guys.

Not sure you can say he took over a terrible team. The year before Peyton's injury they were 14-2, IIRC. Then they tanked, then first year with Luck they're 11-5. I think that team won the Suck for Luck contest.

GloucesterChief
05-25-2014, 01:24 PM
I have a feeling that Wilson and Luck will be dueling for some years to come once Brady & Peyton leave the league.

RGIII is just a question mark due to injuries and if he can actually change his game. Same thing with Kaep. It also depends on how far Cam Newton goes. He has the tools but Carolina is not that well of a run franchise historically.

In58men
05-25-2014, 01:28 PM
Usually writers create articles knowingly that 90% of fans would disagree. It's a great way to get people to bite on such topics. It's creates a buzz and the writer is known for his article. Good job Clay.

Ragged Robin
05-25-2014, 01:29 PM
He is overrated. I've been saying that ever since he was voted into the Hall of Fame as a rookie.

He is overrated but he's also only been in the league for a couple years, he'll get a lot better and the potential is clearly there.

rico
05-25-2014, 01:32 PM
I hate his stupid, goofy looking face and his unfitting, John Henry-ish voice. Fuck Andrew Luck and the Colts he rides with.

ThaVirus
05-25-2014, 01:33 PM
He is overrated. Guy sucks ass as often as he's on fire.

Of all the young QB class in the league, he does have the worst supporting class, though. I'll give him that.

CoMoChief
05-25-2014, 01:38 PM
Whoever wrote that is a god damn moron.

rico
05-25-2014, 01:41 PM
I imagine Hamas will weigh in on this one.

Hammock Parties
05-25-2014, 01:41 PM
Usually writers create articles knowingly that 90% of fans would disagree. It's a great way to get people to bite on such topics. It's creates a buzz and the writer is known for his article. Good job Clay.

The fuck. I didn't write that shit.

Rain Man
05-25-2014, 01:48 PM
He is overrated but he's also only been in the league for a couple years, he'll get a lot better and the potential is clearly there.

I have an unproven theory that guys who end up on playoff-caliber teams as rookies hit their ceiling faster than guys who end up on rebuilding teams. Because they hit their ceilings quickly, they then become overrated because they're outperforming their peers early on, even if it's just because they have a stronger supporting cast.

Roethlisberger is a good example of this. Is he that much better now than he was in his second or third year? He got lucky in where he ended up, and it made his first couple of seasons easier.

Luck had the same advantage since the Colts tanked a season to get him. As noted earlier, they were a strong team before that. It may have helped Dan Marino too. He hit his ceiling early, and it just happened to be a very high ceiling. Elway should have had the same advantage since he forced his way onto a playoff-caliber team, but since he was mediocre it took him ten years to hit his ceiling. Maybe Eli Manning got a boost too, though I don't remember how good his team was.

rico
05-25-2014, 01:53 PM
I have an unproven theory that guys who end up on playoff-caliber teams as rookies hit their ceiling faster than guys who end up on rebuilding teams. Because they hit their ceilings quickly, they then become overrated because they're outperforming their peers early on, even if it's just because they have a stronger supporting cast.

Roethlisberger is a good example of this. Is he that much better now than he was in his second or third year? He got lucky in where he ended up, and it made his first couple of seasons easier.

Luck had the same advantage since the Colts tanked a season to get him. As noted earlier, they were a strong team before that. It may have helped Dan Marino too. He hit his ceiling early, and it just happened to be a very high ceiling. Elway should have had the same advantage since he forced his way onto a playoff-caliber team, but since he was mediocre it took him ten years to hit his ceiling. Maybe Eli Manning got a boost too, though I don't remember how good his team was.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-gBOoWjU3wDI/UFdS9Y-9_wI/AAAAAAAADCQ/q-psML1GNqU/s1600/slow-clap-gif.gif

tk13
05-25-2014, 01:55 PM

Yeah, but Luck was not like Roethlisberger or Russell Wilson who came in as game managers with great defenses. The reason they're a playoff team is Luck. They turned over something like 2/3rds of the roster from the previous season when he came in. I'm sure someone could find the info... but Luck's rookie year they were statistically one of the worst playoff teams in the history of the NFL. I believe they had a negative point differential. Luck led the league in game winning drives and basically carried them to the playoffs. As a rookie.

Rain Man
05-25-2014, 02:00 PM
Yeah, but Luck was not like Roethlisberger or Russell Wilson who came in with great defenses. The reason they're a playoff team is Luck. They turned over something like 2/3rds of the roster from the previous season when he came in. I'm sure someone could find the info... but Luck's rookie year they were statistically one of the worst playoff teams in the history of the NFL. I believe they had a negative point differential. Luck led the league in game winning drives and carried them to the playoffs. As a rookie.

Oh, yeah. Wilson's a good example, too.

We'll see if Luck continues to improve. I just recall that he statistically wasn't a good QB his rookie year (he was okay, just not good) and they still made the playoffs. I didn't watch any Colts games that year if I remember right, so I don't really know who was carrying whom. I assumed the team was carrying him more than vice versa, but that's just an assumption.

In58men
05-25-2014, 02:05 PM
The ****. I didn't write that shit.

Lack of comprehension on my part. You still suck though.

Pepe Silvia
05-25-2014, 02:10 PM
He's great but I doubt Indy ever builds a good enough team around him to win a SB. Irsay is a lunatic, Luck should run when his rookie contract ends.

SAUTO
05-25-2014, 02:11 PM
He's great but I doubt Indy ever builds a good enough team around him to win a SB. Irsay is a lunatic, Luck should run when his rookie contract ends.

LMAO, he's going no where.

No
Where
No
Way
Posted via Mobile Device

Pepe Silvia
05-25-2014, 02:14 PM
LMAO, he's going no where.

No
Where
No
Way
Posted via Mobile Device

No shit? I know he's not going anywhere but he should.

SAUTO
05-25-2014, 02:15 PM
No shit? I know he's not going anywhere but he should.

He should? Maybe. But he can't.
Posted via Mobile Device

Deberg_1990
05-25-2014, 02:20 PM

Yea, sometimes we all way over think these things. For instance, i think Russell Wilson is good, but he's not better than Luck or Manning or Alex Smith even. Seattle is such a great team, almost any solid QB would have won with them.

We always forgot too, in the playoffs its almost always a great QB vs another great QB. Somebody has to lose. You can't win them all.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties
05-25-2014, 02:33 PM
i think Russell Wilson is good, but he's not better than Luck or Manning or Alex Smith even.

He is better than Alex Smith. We've been over this. Christ.

Deberg_1990
05-25-2014, 02:34 PM

Sure, but not significantly better.
Posted via Mobile Device

Titty Meat
05-25-2014, 02:38 PM
Fuck Clayton

RunKC
05-25-2014, 02:39 PM

Alex Smith was a top 10 QB in the 2nd half of last season.

milkman
05-25-2014, 02:41 PM
Not sure you can say he took over a terrible team. The year before Peyton's injury they were 14-2, IIRC. Then they tanked, then first year with Luck they're 11-5. I think that team won the Suck for Luck contest.

Matt Cassel led a 2nd half comeback against those guys.

That's all the evidence of tanking needed.

Hammock Parties
05-25-2014, 02:42 PM
Sure, but not significantly better.
Posted via Mobile Device

Enough to make a difference, though.

The deep game is a big deal.

R8RFAN
05-25-2014, 02:44 PM
Given his age, durability, and talent level, he's the most valuable QB in the NFL. Every single team in the NFL right now, if given the choice to swap their current starting QB for Andrew Luck, would take Andrew Luck.

WERD

Deberg_1990
05-25-2014, 02:48 PM
Enough to make a difference, though.

The deep game is a big deal.

Alex Smith would have won the Super Bowl with the Seahawks last year. Alot of QBs would have.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties
05-25-2014, 02:51 PM
Alex Smith would have won the Super Bowl with the Seahawks last year. Alot of QBs would have.
Posted via Mobile Device

I disagree. Russell Wilson brings a playmaking ability Alex Smith doesn't.

R8RFAN
05-25-2014, 02:54 PM
Russell Wilson is a good QB on a great team... Smiff could have won a SB with the SeaChickens

Mav
05-25-2014, 02:59 PM

Wut? Please explain. I have taken some time away from here, but even without going into any investigative research I know who is posting this.

While I will disagree on some points, like the gap between Alex Smith and Andrew Luck not being big, its epically HUGE. Andrew Luck is the prototype, and ultimate qb.

Yeah, the deep game is huge. He also had guys like T.Y. Hilton to go get the deep ball. Which super stud receiver on the Chiefs is supposedly supposed to be like him?

Avery? Avery backed up HILTON, when HILTON was a rookie. No, not a first ROUND rookie either. Think about it.

Alex Smith definitely could of won a super bowl with the Seahawks. Come on Clay, that's just CLAY BEING CLAY.

But, whatever. It is what it is.

Clearly, Andy Reid, and John Dorsey think there is enough talent here on offense. So, I dunno. maybe it is alex smith,a nd a superior qb like Andrew luck would win a super bowl with this team as is.

is it SEPTEMBER YET? hELL I would even settle for late July.

Discuss Thrower
05-25-2014, 03:00 PM
Pointing out that while he's the 10th best QB last season but he didn't make the top 101 list of players according to PFF.

Meaning, according to PFF, the quarterback position was not as important as others in 2013.

Mav
05-25-2014, 03:01 PM
Russell Wilson is a good QB on a great team... Smiff could have won a SB with the SeaChickens

Meh, hand in glove fit. He fits what their offense needs. Just like Alex Smith did with the Chiefs to start the season, but when the KC defense faded, unlike the Seattle defense, then it was too much for Alex Smith.

Shrugs.

Good post by you.

Mav
05-25-2014, 03:03 PM
Pointing out that while he's the 10th best QB last season but he didn't make the top 101 list of players according to PFF.

Meaning, according to PFF, the quarterback position was not as important as others in 2013.

I would love to see anyone name the top 10 qbs in the league, and try to name 9 better than Andrew Luck.

I can name 4.

Peyton, Aaron, Brees, Brady.

After that, I can verbally fist fight anyone that Andrew Luck is better than any of them.

After next season, i don't think there will be any debate, that he will be in the top 3 in the league.

Hammock Parties
05-25-2014, 03:04 PM
Wut? Please explain.

Completes a lot more passes down the field. Better on third down. Elite scrambler.

milkman
05-25-2014, 03:09 PM
Did Reid and co. unlock some of the potential that made Alex Smith the #1 overall pick?

Would Pete Carroll and co. have done the same?

I think the Alex Smith that showed up at the start of the season in KC has no chance to win a SB with Seattle, which is why he didn't in SF with the best team at that time.

The Alex Smith that showed up for the last 6 games or so easily wins a SB with that Seahawk team.

Rain Man
05-25-2014, 03:12 PM
Meh, hand in glove fit. He fits what their offense needs. Just like Alex Smith did with the Chiefs to start the season, but when the KC defense faded, unlike the Seattle defense, then it was too much for Alex Smith.

Shrugs.

Good post by you.

Alex Smith averaged almost 35 points per game after the defense collapsed.

Rain Man
05-25-2014, 03:24 PM

I debated posting a new thread about this, but I've been pondering a total flip in my thinking.

I've been harping for a while that the modern NFL is just a quarterback and 52 groupies, and that you could win with a quarterback and a bunch of newborn puppies in your starting lineup if the quarterback is good enough.

But the truth is that the Super Bowls in recent years have been won by second-tier quarterbacks. It hasn't been PManning and Rodgers and Brady hoisting the trophies for the most part, it's been the Flaccos and the EMannings and the Roethlisbergers. They're certainly good quarterbacks, but they're not the creme de la creme of the current league.

So it started making me think about kickers. Back when kickers weren't very good, it was important to have a good kicker on your team. "Offense sells tickets, defense wins games, and kicking wins championships." Remember that quote? But then full-time kickers arrived and soccer style kickers arrived, in part because the position was important. The quality and production of kickers skyrocketed, but they paradoxically became irrelevant, because the difference between the top kicker in the league and the average kickers was tiny. They all made the kicks. It's no coincidence that the NFL is considering alternatives to the extra point. The bottom line is that you didn't need the top kicker in the league to win; you just needed an adequate kicker. When they started lengthening the field for kickers by moving the kickoff back and moving the goalposts back and all that stuff, it made the differences bigger between the top kickers and the average ones, so it once again became important to have a good kicker. But even with the changes they're still not a huge factor these days.

Now let's return to quarterbacks. The rules are being adjusted so that it's very, very easy to score and very, very hard to defend. As my signature says, you can score 35 points per game and still have a losing record, because other teams are scoring 40. The quality of quarterbacks has skyrocketed, even if it's for a different reason (rule changes) than we saw with kickers.

So what does that mean? It means that the difference between a top quarterback and an adequate quarterback may be declining to irrelevance. If everyone scores all the time, what's the difference?

I'm turning my thinking upside down with this, but I'm willing to admit my error. Maybe going forward in the league of pitch and catch, it's not necessary to have the top quarterback in the league. It's only necessary to have an adequate quarterback because he's still going to score a zillion points. Maybe you focus on getting an adequate quarterback and put the rest of your effort into other places. And that's what the Chiefs are doing - and the Ravens and the Seahawks and a few others.

ThaVirus
05-25-2014, 03:33 PM
I would love to see anyone name the top 10 qbs in the league, and try to name 9 better than Andrew Luck.

I can name 4.

Peyton, Aaron, Brees, Brady.

After that, I can verbally fist fight anyone that Andrew Luck is better than any of them.

After next season, i don't think there will be any debate, that he will be in the top 3 in the league.

Russel Wilson, Philip Rivers.

Ben Roethlisberger when healthy and sans Todd Haley.

Nick Foles appeared to be better.

milkman
05-25-2014, 03:36 PM
I debated posting a new thread about this, but I've been pondering a total flip in my thinking.

I've been harping for a while that the modern NFL is just a quarterback and 52 groupies, and that you could win with a quarterback and a bunch of newborn puppies in your starting lineup if the quarterback is good enough.

But the truth is that the Super Bowls in recent years have been won by second-tier quarterbacks. It hasn't been PManning and Rodgers and Brady hoisting the trophies for the most part, it's been the Flaccos and the EMannings and the Roethlisbergers. They're good quarterbacks for the most part, but they're not the creme de la creme of the current league.

So it started making me think about kickers. Back when kickers weren't very good, it was important to have a good kicker on your team. "Offense sells tickets, defense wins games, and kicking wins championships." But then full-time kickers arrived and soccer style kickers arrived, in part because the position was important. Kickers got good and they became irrelevant, because the difference between the top kicker in the league and the average kickers was tiny. They all made the kicks. You didn't need the top kicker in the league; you just needed an adequate kicker. When they started lengthening the field for kickers by moving the kickoff back and moving the goalposts back and all that stuff, it made the differences bigger between the top kickers and the average ones, so it once again became important to have a good kicker.

Now let's return to quarterbacks. The rules are being adjusted so that it's very, very easy to score and very, very hard to defend. As my signature says, you can score 35 points per game and still have a losing record, because other teams are scoring 40.

so what does that mean? It means that the difference between a top quarterback and an adequate quarterback my decline to irrelevance. If everyone scores all the time, what's the difference?

I'm turning my thinking upside down with this, but I'm willing to admit my error. Maybe going forward in the league of pitch and catch, it's not necessary to have the top quarterback in the league. It's only necessary to have an adequate quarterback because he's still going to score a zillion points. Maybe you focus on getting an adequate quarterback and put the rest of your effort into other places. And that's what the Chiefs are doing - and the Ravens and the Seahawks and a few others.

I think your point has merit, though I don't think just "adequate" will ever be enough.

Your QB has to be able to step up and make plays, even against the best defenses.

That's how I personally define "Franchise QB".

Your QB doesn't have to be elite.
He just has to be franchise.

Rain Man
05-25-2014, 03:44 PM
I think your point has merit, though I don't think just "adequate" will ever be enough.

Your QB has to be able to step up and make plays, even against the best defenses.

Thanks. This really interests me. I like situations where the opposite of the obvious is the optimum answer, and this theory would explain the holes in my "quarterbacks are everything now" theory.

But I agree. It's not that you can just plug a scrub in. There's some level of skill that's necessary and it's still above the level where there are 32 quarterbacks available. In the 1970s you may have needed a top-5 QB to win it all. It may be possible now, though, that the differences in outcomes of the top 16 QBs in the league are diminishing and if the rules continue to make offense unstoppable the bar could go down further.

It's kind of like our other societal systems now. We'll achieve parity by changing the rules so that no one can fail.

Deberg_1990
05-25-2014, 03:47 PM

Shrugs.

Good post by you.

No QB is going to win a title with a bad defense. Good grief, Flacco won a title and no one would consider him great. He did have a great playoff run. Got hot at the right time.
Posted via Mobile Device

Easy 6
05-25-2014, 03:49 PM
Luck is the TRUTH, a big, hamfaced, Amish looking TRUTH.

No other NFL team in my lifetime has been so fortunate with consecutive QB's, its nauseating.

milkman
05-25-2014, 03:49 PM
Thanks. This really interests me. I like situations where the opposite of the obvious is the optimum answer, and this theory would explain the holes in my "quarterbacks are everything now" theory.

But I agree. It's not that you can just plug a scrub in. There's some level of skill that's necessary and it's still above the level where there are 32 quarterbacks available. It may be possible, though, that the differences in outcomes of the top 16 QBs in the league are diminishing and if the rules continue to make offense unstoppable the bar could go down further.

I don't really think that this has ever really changed.

There have been exceptions on both ends, i.e. Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer at QB, or the Packers with a marginal defense with Aaron Rodgers at QB, but for the most part, Championships have been won by defense and franchise QBs, since the invention of the forward pass.

milkman
05-25-2014, 03:50 PM

No other NFL team in my lifetime has been so fortunate with consecutive QB's, its nauseating.

Amish, my ass.

He's the Geico caveman.

R8RFAN
05-25-2014, 03:51 PM

They tanked a whole season on purpose... Got to admit, Indy knew what they wanted and did what it took to get him...

Would the Cheaps tank a season to get Luck? or a LT that plays RT not so well?

htismaqe
05-25-2014, 03:52 PM
Man, it was fun having a break from these 49er guys while it lasted...

ChiefsCountry
05-25-2014, 03:53 PM

Classic example
http://www.netbrawl.com/uploads/8c61aa8897c357657626d23069f8ecda.jpg

GloucesterChief
05-25-2014, 03:56 PM
I don't really think that this has ever really changed.

There have been exceptions on both ends, i.e. Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer at QB, or the Packers with a marginal defense with Aaron Rodgers at QB, but for the most part, Championships have been won by defense and franchise QBs, since the invention of the forward pass.

Its not so much an elite defense as one that can create turnovers. Both the Packers and Saints when they won their super bowls didn't have great defenses but they had defenses that could generate turnovers.

milkman
05-25-2014, 03:57 PM
Classic example

Would he have won a SB with lesser teams?

Probably not.

But he was underrated because of the remarkable talent that surrounded him.

He was one of the better QBs in the league.

BigMeatballDave
05-25-2014, 03:58 PM
Classic example

NOT a classic example.

While he was a very good QB, that offense was loaded with talent.

ChiefsCountry
05-25-2014, 04:00 PM
Would he have won a SB with lesser teams?

Probably not.

But he was underrated because of the remarkable talent that surrounded him.

He was one of the better QBs in the league.

I fully agree with you.

milkman
05-25-2014, 04:01 PM
Its not so much an elite defense as one that can create turnovers. Both the Packers and Saints when they won their super bowls didn't have great defenses but they had defenses that could generate turnovers.

Aaron Rodgers put that team on his shoulders and carried them to a SB, even after losing the one reliable defender in the first half of that SB.

Peyton Manning did what Peyton Manning does against pressure in the Saints SB win.

He choked.

ThaVirus
05-25-2014, 04:07 PM
Aaron Rodgers put that team on his shoulders and carried them to a SB, even after losing the one reliable defender in the first half of that SB.

Peyton Manning did what Peyton Manning does against pressure in the Saints SB win.

He choked.

That fucking 2010 postseason by Aaron Rodgers was a thing of beauty.

Then he came out next season and went 15-1 with something ridiculous like 40 TDs to 6 INTs. Incredible.

Rain Man
05-25-2014, 04:12 PM

This is a great point. It's the only way that a defense is allowed to stop an offense these days.

Maybe the future of success in the NFL is the Seahawks model. You get a top-15 QB so you can play catch as required, and then your goal on defense is interceptions. Did the Seahawks figure that out before everybody else, or did they just blunder into it?

Easy 6
05-25-2014, 04:14 PM
Amish, my ass.

He's the Geico caveman.

Hahaaa that certainly fits, its uncanny actually.

They tanked a whole season on purpose... Got to admit, Indy knew what they wanted and did what it took to get him...

Would the Cheaps tank a season to get Luck? or a LT that plays RT not so well?

They didn't "tank" on purpose, NO NFL team tanks on purpose, they just happened to have garbage behind Manning... and truth be told, even a serviceable QB prolly would've failed there at that time.

The psychological toll it must've taken to lose that guy had to have been huge, I'm not sure they would've rallied behind ANYONE other than another legit top talent.

"He's gone, we suck now" was the Colts rallying cry that year.

R8RFAN
05-25-2014, 04:20 PM
a good team with a bad qb is much better than a GREAT QB and a bad team

Deberg_1990
As long as you have a top tier defense, you can win with any of the top 10 QBs in the league. Doesn't matter.
Posted via Mobile Device

MahiMike
I could lead a 28-point comeback if Kendrick Lewis is the free safety. You could. Anyone on this site could. Either of the Olsen twins could, even the one with all the drug problems.

So, whatcha drinkin there rainman?

Rain Man
05-25-2014, 04:21 PM
So, whatcha drinkin there rainman?

Okay, maybe not the one with the drug problem.

milkman
05-25-2014, 04:22 PM
This is a great point. It's the only way that a defense is allowed to stop an offense these days.

Maybe the future of success in the NFL is the Seahawks model. You get a top-15 QB so you can play catch as required, and then your goal on defense is interceptions. Did the Seahawks figure that out before everybody else, or did they just blunder into it?

The Seahawks created those interceptions by minimizing the short passing game and forcing Manning to start for bigger passes, which allowed the Seahawks to get pressure, which in turn had Manning antsy in the pocket and making bad decisions and poor passes.

In short, they won because of great defense, and those interceptions were a result.

Easy 6
05-25-2014, 04:23 PM
Classic example

True, Aikman delivered when he needed to, dude was smart with the ball and crazy accurate on the medium range passes... but honest to God, be honest... almost ANYONE could've took it all with those Cowboys teams, right?

They were an All-Madden team on one single team... give Alex Smith 2/3rds of that squad and he gives us atleast two Championships, you could say the same for a LOT of QB's, actually.

milkman
05-25-2014, 04:29 PM
True, Aikman delivered when he needed to, dude was smart with the ball and crazy accurate on the medium range passes... but honest to God, be honest... almost ANYONE could've took it all with those Cowboys teams, right?

They were an All-Madden team on one single team... give Alex Smith 2/3rds of that squad and he gives us atleast two Championships, you could say the same for a LOT of QB's, actually.

This is a misconception.

How many years did it take Steve Young to win a championship with the talent that surrounded him?

Championships are won from the pocket with QBs that that have both the physical tools and the mental tools.

Aikman was a great QB that understood the game of football and the strengths and weaknesses of that team.

Only a handful of QBs at any given time can win.

58-4ever
05-25-2014, 05:01 PM
I have a feeling that Wilson and Luck will be dueling for some years to come once Brady & Peyton leave the league.

RGIII is just a question mark due to injuries and if he can actually change his game. Same thing with Kaep. It also depends on how far Cam Newton goes. He has the tools but Carolina is not that well of a run franchise historically.

Keep f%#king doubting Aaron Murray!!

Pasta Little Brioni
05-25-2014, 05:33 PM

Bullshit

Pasta Little Brioni
05-25-2014, 05:33 PM

False. Denver and Indy are shit teams without those QBs

RealSNR
05-25-2014, 05:51 PM
Bullshit

He's faster and more agile than Smith when he scrambles.

He's also got a better deep ball.

You can have the debate about who is the current overall better QB, but in terms of playmaking ability? Yeah, give me Wilson.

Sully
05-25-2014, 06:05 PM
It's fairly simple, to me.
I can't think of one player in the NFL, that if I was a GM, I wouldn't trade for Luck.

Easy 6
05-25-2014, 06:28 PM
This is a misconception.

How many years did it take Steve Young to win a championship with the talent that surrounded him?

Championships are won from the pocket with QBs that that have both the physical tools and the mental tools.

Aikman was a great QB that understood the game of football and the strengths and weaknesses of that team.

Only a handful of QBs at any given time can win.

I don't think we're really disagreeing about much here, MM... its not to take away from Aikmans accomplishments, but his offensive squad was ridiculous, he had the one and ONLY guy (Erik Williams) who could flat out stuff not only the baddest dude in their division, but the baddest dude in the entire NFL, Reggie White.

Not to mention the rest of that awesome line with Larry Allen, etc.

Throw in the statistical best RB, the ultimate wildhair, Irvin, who somehow managed to pull it together on gamedays etc... my goodness, what a STACKED deck Aikman was working with.

Defense? I'm not even going into it, just recounting the offensive exploits is enough to inspire awe in me... suffice to say, that defense was top 10 through atleast most of their championships.

Those Cowboys weren't an every decade or so team, they were an every 20 years or so team... God as my witness, give Smith 2/3rds of that and we come home with the trophy.

Just Passin' By
05-25-2014, 06:54 PM
The Colts had fallen from a 14-2 team to a 10-6 team even with Manning as the QB. They were in a downward pattern and were showing some age. Peyton missing a year, and then going to Denver, meant a lousy season and older players moving on, but it also meant higher draft picks and more money to spend on free agents.

Things broke just about as well as they possibly could have for the Colts that year, in terms of their long term success. They've now got the best young QB in the game under contract, will be able to franchise him as needed, and will soon be dealing with a league that has no Peyton Manning, no Tom Brady, and an aging trio of Rodgers, Brees and Roethlisberger.

It's looking pretty damned good for the Colts as the league moves forward, and that's mostly because of Luck.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-25-2014, 07:06 PM
They still have work to do as a flawed Pats team pushed their shit in.

Tribal Warfare
05-25-2014, 08:20 PM
I find it strange that Clayton would pull this attention whoring bullshit, I assume he wants more twitter followers

Hammock Parties
05-25-2014, 08:24 PM
I find it strange that Clayton would pull this attention whoring bullshit, I assume he wants more twitter followers

You're stupid.

Tribal Warfare
05-25-2014, 08:24 PM
You're stupid.

fer sure dude

Hammock Parties
05-25-2014, 08:28 PM
fer sure dude

Do you have any idea how much I was paid for my opinion on Andrew Luck?

Tribal Warfare
05-25-2014, 08:30 PM
Do you have any idea how much I was paid for my opinion on Andrew Luck?

$1.99 and an imaginary handy by Carey Underwood?

Hammock Parties
05-25-2014, 08:30 PM
$1.99 and an imaginary handy by Carey Underwood?

I was paid $0 because I DIDN'T WRITE THAT ARTICLE DIPSHIT.

Tribal Warfare
05-25-2014, 08:31 PM
I was paid $0 because I DIDN'T WRITE THAT ARTICLE DIPSHIT.

LOL, I'm just busting your balls dude.

Hammock Parties
05-25-2014, 08:32 PM
LOL, I'm just busting your balls dude.

Fuck you.

Tribal Warfare
05-25-2014, 08:33 PM
Fuck you.

What, No sense of humor this Memorial Day Weekend? :D

SAUTO
05-25-2014, 08:36 PM
Russel Wilson, Philip Rivers.

Ben Roethlisberger when healthy and sans Todd Haley.

Nick Foles appeared to be better.
Rivers better than luck?
Posted via Mobile Device

Easy 6
05-25-2014, 08:36 PM
What, No sense of humor this Memorial Day Weekend? :D

**** him.

He didn't kiss your ass here so **** him... be cool and all, but only to a point,

SAUTO
05-25-2014, 08:37 PM
I can't think of one player in the NFL, that if I was a GM, I wouldn't trade for Luck.

Perfect post.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tribal Warfare
05-25-2014, 08:39 PM
**** him.

He didn't kiss your ass here so **** him... be cool and all, but only to a point,

Not my style, it's the internet dude you can't take everything too seriously or your anus starts bleeding profusely from butthurt.

Easy 6
05-25-2014, 08:48 PM
Not my style, it's the internet dude you can't take everything too seriously or your anus starts bleeding profusely from butthurt.

LMAO anus tarts can kill, make ya wanna leave forever... but, if you're catching fish on anus tits then I stand right there.

Don't BS me, how did you prepare the fillets?

Tribal Warfare
05-25-2014, 08:53 PM
LMAO anus tarts can kill, make ya wanna leave forever... but, if you're catching fish on anus tits then I stand right there.

Don't BS me, how did you prepare the fillets?

Medium rare as always

Deberg_1990
05-25-2014, 09:31 PM

Only one. Clearly Manziel
Posted via Mobile Device

In58men
05-25-2014, 09:42 PM

Brady had a bunch of no namers come week 1, look at what he did. Indy didn't have shit, Rivers didn't have much as well

ThaVirus
05-25-2014, 10:03 PM
Rivers better than luck?
Posted via Mobile Device

If I wanted to win one game, I'd take Rivers. Rivers is better at this very moment.

In58men
05-25-2014, 10:05 PM
If I wanted to win one game, I'd take Rivers. Rivers is better at this very moment.

Yep, I'd take Rivers.

OldSchool
05-26-2014, 04:48 AM

He didn't take over a bad team really. The Colts still had some pretty good pieces to work with. Roster wise, they weren't the worst in the league at all. Pretty sure that they just purposefully tanked for Luck after Manning went down.

BigMeatballDave
05-26-2014, 07:15 AM
He didn't take over a bad team really. The Colts still had some pretty good pieces to work with. Roster wise, they weren't the worst in the league at all. Pretty sure that they just purposefully tanked for Luck after Manning went down.

I don't think they tanked.

Like a lot of teams with a good QB, it can mask deficiencies to other areas of the team.

They had no QB. They were fucked.

SAUTO
05-26-2014, 07:51 AM

You guys are nuts IMO. Rivers would be crying as luck drove the field to sore with zereos on the clock
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
05-26-2014, 07:52 AM

They turned over 2/3 of the roster. They weren't that good.
Posted via Mobile Device

htismaqe
05-26-2014, 08:09 AM

Oh my God.

No, just no.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v694/peashoe/Spank_AV200.gif

Chief Roundup
05-26-2014, 08:42 AM
The HOF thing is irrelevant. What's also irrelevant is that he's not the best QB in the NFL right now.

No shit. Has there ever been a QB who became the best in the NFL after only two seasons?

Don't know but if I had to guess the only one that comes to mind is Peyton Manning, but we know he struggled a little too. :shrug:

Chief Roundup
05-26-2014, 08:46 AM

He is? Are you sure that mentally weak bitch can win a game over the calm Andrew Luck.
Rivers is a punk bitch and if a team can get to his head at all he will crash and not be able to recover.
Rivers although talented is not all that.
For me it would have to be Brady, Brees, or Rodgers.

Chief Roundup
05-26-2014, 08:51 AM
Lets face it Luck is like most players in the league, when they are first making their careers they are hyped up so much by the media that no player is or can actually be that good. So yes he is over rated. BUT THEY ALL ARE.

Mav
05-26-2014, 09:33 AM
Only one. Clearly Manziel
Posted via Mobile Device

Fuck you. Fml

Mav
05-26-2014, 09:35 AM
Rivers better than luck?
Posted via Mobile Device

Nope.

GloucesterChief
05-26-2014, 09:43 AM

Over Eli? Say what you want about his talent but when the game is on the line, Eli is nails in the fourth quarter more often than not.

Mav
05-26-2014, 09:48 AM
Over Eli? Say what you want about his talent but when the game is on the line, Eli is nails in the fourth quarter more often than not.

You and I must have seen different giants games this last year. He was garbage at all times.

SAUTO
05-26-2014, 09:50 AM
Nope.

Agreed

GloucesterChief
05-26-2014, 09:51 AM
You and I must have seen different giants games this last year. He was garbage at all times.

The Giants were a shell of themselves this last year due to injury and age so, I wouldn't expect them to do well. Eli is Peyton's opposite, he doesn't put up great or even good regular season numbers but he does his best when the pressure is on and the lights are brightest where Peyton just folds.

SAUTO
05-26-2014, 09:51 AM

It was between rivers and luck

ThaVirus
05-26-2014, 09:53 AM
People forgot how great of a season Rivers just had. It was definitely better than Luck's.

SAUTO
05-26-2014, 09:54 AM
People forgot how great of a season Rivers just had. It was definitely better than Luck's.

Fuck the numbers. By numbers it was better.

htismaqe
05-26-2014, 09:56 AM

Rivers doesn't have the head for it. He's a loser.

Yeah, he puts up good numbers. But when the shit hits the fan, he yells at his teammates instead of getting to work...

ThaVirus
05-26-2014, 09:59 AM
He's a cry baby bitch but he's a pretty good cry baby bitch.

He put up great individual numbers and their offense was one of the most efficient in the league, particularly on 3rd down. He doesn't have much more help than Luck, honestly. Keenan Allen, a brokedick Gates, and a spotty Ryan Matthews..

Just Passin' By
05-26-2014, 10:02 AM
The Giants were a shell of themselves this last year due to injury and age so, I wouldn't expect them to do well. Eli is Peyton's opposite, he doesn't put up great or even good regular season numbers but he does his best when the pressure is on and the lights are brightest where Peyton just folds.

Eli's had two excellent playoff runs, and that skews how people look at him. Most years, he can't even get his team to the playoffs. He's not the droid you're looking for.

Rain Man
05-26-2014, 10:26 AM

Marino.

ChiefsCountry
05-26-2014, 10:54 AM
God as my witness, give Smith 2/3rds of that and we come home with the trophy.

Alex Smith couldn't hold Aikman's jock. So no he wouldn't have won a Super Bowl with that team.

Rausch
05-26-2014, 10:58 AM
I have to agree.

Luck's potential is through the fucking roof but I was not at all impressed with him in either Chiefs game...

RunKC
05-26-2014, 11:00 AM
He's faster and more agile than Smith when he scrambles.

He's also got a better deep ball.

You can have the debate about who is the current overall better QB, but in terms of playmaking ability? Yeah, give me Wilson.

This may be true, but I still think the Seahawks win the SB with Alex Smith as their QB.
There are a lot of QB's you could put in Russell Wilson's spot last year and the outcome would be no different. Usually it's the QB that takes his team above and beyond, but with Seattle it was the defense.

Look at the Saints playoff game. Hell look at the SB. If Russell Wilson doesn't throw for a touchdown they STILL win that game.
They scored 14 points alone on ST's and defense while holding Denver to only 8 points.

ChiefsCountry
05-26-2014, 11:02 AM
This may be true, but I still think the Seahawks win the SB with Alex Smith as their QB.
There are a lot of QB's you could put in Russell Wilson's spot last year and the outcome would be no different. Usually it's the QB that takes his team above and beyond, but with Seattle it was the defense.

ROFL

ThaVirus
05-26-2014, 11:20 AM
Russel Wilson converted a ridiculously high percentage of 3rd downs in that Super Bowl. He didn't throw any INTs and didn't fumble..

People only like to give QBs props when they throw for 400 yards but there's a lot more to it than that. The Seahawks offense the night of the Bowl was a well oiled machine while Marshawn averaged something shitty like 2 YPC.

Wilson was fantastic.

RunKC
05-26-2014, 11:27 AM
Russel Wilson converted a ridiculously high percentage of 3rd downs in that Super Bowl. He didn't throw any INTs and didn't fumble..

People only like to give QBs props when they throw for 400 yards but there's a lot more to it than that. The Seahawks offense the night of the Bowl was a well oiled machine while Marshawn averaged something shitty like 2 YPC.

Wilson was fantastic.

A lot of it was just Denver sucking ass too. Who can forget that short pass Wilson made and the 4 missed tackles by the Bronco DB's. ROFL

htismaqe
05-26-2014, 11:38 AM

Wilson was fantastic.

:clap::clap::clap:

BigMeatballDave
05-26-2014, 11:39 AM
Alex Smith couldn't hold Aikman's jock. So no he wouldn't have won a Super Bowl with that team.

LMAO You are putting so much effort into hating Alex.

Aikman is not the great QB you imagine. You're forgetting how talented that team was.

If Trent Dilfer can win a SB with the Ravens, then Smith could have won on those Cowboys teams.

ChiefsCountry
05-26-2014, 11:55 AM
LMAO You are putting so much effort into hating Alex.

Aikman is not the great QB you imagine. You're forgetting how talented that team was.

If Trent Dilfer can win a SB with the Ravens, then Smith could have won on those Cowboys teams.

No Aikman was a lot fucking better than people like you give him credit for. When the Cowboys needed a big play he fucking made it.

Trent Dilfer beat fucking Kerry Collins in the Super Bowl. People always seem to leave that out. He didn't beat anybody worth a shit.

Hammock Parties
05-26-2014, 11:58 AM
I'm sure if you put Trent Dilfer on that Cowboys team he'd complete 65 percent of his passes and beat the shit out of Jim Kelly...

Rausch
05-26-2014, 12:07 PM
Trent Dilfer beat ****ing Kerry Collins in the Super Bowl. People always seem to leave that out. He didn't beat anybody worth a shit.

Kerry fucking Collins who carried a 2nd year expansion team to the NFCC game, then took the Giants to a SB, and as a beaten up grey beard went 13-3 with the Titans.

He had the talent to be a top 15 all time QB and pissed it away, settling for a few great moments instead of a great career...

Just Passin' By
05-26-2014, 12:10 PM
This thread has 23.4% more stupidity than the usual thread. Congratulations to everyone who's helping to make that happen!

:thumb:

BigMeatballDave
05-26-2014, 12:11 PM
This thread has 23.4% more stupidity than the usual thread. Congratulations to everyone who's helping to make that happen!

Cool. Hope I'm part of that number.

htismaqe
05-26-2014, 12:15 PM

Dude, what did you expect?

23.4% actually sounds a little low for a thread that started with the statement "Andrew Luck is Overrated".

Just Passin' By
05-26-2014, 12:35 PM
Dude, what did you expect?

23.4% actually sounds a little low for a thread that started with the statement "Andrew Luck is Overrated".

:hmmm:

I actually had originally typed 43.4%, but then I remembered the Michael Sam threads and decided to cut the number back. You're right, though, and I probably should have gone with my first thought.

Mav
05-26-2014, 12:46 PM
:hmmm:

I actually had originally typed 43.4%, but then I remembered the Michael Sam threads and decided to cut the number back. You're right, though, and I probably should have gone with my first thought.

Any thread that remotely considers a prodigy to be overrated had to be at least 48 percent.

Mav
05-26-2014, 12:49 PM
No Aikman was a lot fucking better than people like you give him credit for. When the Cowboys needed a big play he fucking made it.

Trent Dilfer beat fucking Kerry Collins in the Super Bowl. People always seem to leave that out. He didn't beat anybody worth a shit.

While I agree with you on aikman, you are sadly mistaken if you think that alex Smith couldn't of won on this Dallas teams. A run first 5am that utilized the pay action pass. Had a dominant tight end? Seriously that team was tailor made for Alex Smith.

Hammock Parties
05-26-2014, 01:03 PM
While I agree with you on aikman, you are sadly mistaken if you think that alex Smith couldn't of won on this Dallas teams. A run first 5am that utilized the pay action pass. Had a dominant tight end? Seriously that team was tailor made for Alex Smith.

It was also a completely different game. Receivers weren't running wide open constantly.

Alex Smith would struggle mightily in the early 90s NFL. Darn near every throw was going into a tight window back then.

As we all know, those are scary for Alex!

To say nothing about how he would have taken an even MORE severe beating with all his running around like a chicken with his head cut off.

No, no....Alex Smith reached his potential two years ago. And that is as far as his checkdown ass will ever get.

Hammock Parties
05-26-2014, 01:07 PM
You had to have huge HUGE fucking BALLS of STEEL to play QB before they pussified the game and made every swinging dick capable of hitting 4,000 yards.

Troy Aikman. Jim Kelly. Dan Marino. These were real MEN playing quarterback. Fitting their balls into TIGHT spaces and spitting hellfire at defenders that dared to hit them.

Now you got little pusswipes like Tim Tebow and Mark Sanchez winning playoff games. Oh let's check it down and throw a few screen passes! Want to come over for tea later? Alex Smith and Matt Cassel are coming over!

It makes me SICK.

Mav
05-26-2014, 01:11 PM
It was also a completely different game. Receivers weren't running wide open constantly.

Alex Smith would struggle mightily in the early 90s NFL. Darn near every throw was going into a tight window back then.

As we all know, those are scary for Alex!

To say nothing about how he would have taken an even MORE severe beating with all his running around like a chicken with his head cut off.

No, no....Alex Smith reached his potential two years ago. And that is as far as his checkdown ass will ever get.

Except you know before harbs, the only real success that alex Smith had was with a guy named Norv Turner. Who was the oc in Dallas? And stop it, alex Smith played his best ball this year. Maybe you need to go back and watch the p lay off game again. Change your tampon. Get some vagisil.

23 tds, 7 ints throwing to scrubs. Aikman had irvin, novacek emmitt Smith, and the best online of all time.

Hammock Parties
05-26-2014, 01:16 PM
Aikman had irvin, novacek emmitt Smith, and the best online of all time.

So he had one WR, that's it?

And still raped faces, constantly?

Go fuck yourself.

FYI, Jay Novacek was absolutely NOTHING until he got on that team and hooked up with stud QB game manager murderer Troy Aikman. A REAL MAN. A REAL QB.

tk13
05-26-2014, 01:18 PM
Kerry ****ing Collins who carried a 2nd year expansion team to the NFCC game, then took the Giants to a SB, and as a beaten up grey beard went 13-3 with the Titans.

He had the talent to be a top 15 all time QB and pissed it away, settling for a few great moments instead of a great career...

Most people actually would never guess that Kerry Collins is the #12 QB all time in terms of passing yardage... just behind Fouts and ahead of guys like Montana, Unitas, Esaison and Jim Kelly.

Hammock Parties
05-26-2014, 01:18 PM
Alvin Harper would have been absolutely USELESS with Alex Smith at QB.

With Aikman throwing some of the most beautiful deep balls in NFL history he was a key part of that Cowboys team, though.

And what happened when Harper left the Cowboys? NO TROY AIKMAN = CAREER GOES IN SHITTER.

Fuck all who would besmirch the name of Troy Aikman. Even if he was gay, he's still more of a man than 90% of QBs today.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--os1zqAAb--/18s0ua5xmg1qqjpg.jpg

BigMeatballDave
05-26-2014, 01:21 PM
LOL I see Clay is back to hating on Alex.

Gearing up for the new season?

BigMeatballDave
05-26-2014, 01:22 PM
Alvin Harper would have been absolutely USELESS with Alex Smith at QB.

With Aikman throwing some of the most beautiful deep balls in NFL history he was a key part of that Cowboys team, though.

And what happened when Harper left the Cowboys? NO TROY AIKMAN = CAREER GOES IN SHITTER.

Fuck all who would besmirch the name of Troy Aikman. Even if he was gay, he's still more of a man than 90% of QBs today.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--os1zqAAb--/18s0ua5xmg1qqjpg.jpg

I think you mean No Michael Irving to draw coverage away.

Dayze
05-26-2014, 01:24 PM
You had to have huge HUGE ****ing BALLS of STEEL to play QB before they pussified the game and made every swinging dick capable of hitting 4,000 yards.

Troy Aikman. Jim Kelly. Dan Marino. These were real MEN playing quarterback. Fitting their balls into TIGHT spaces and spitting hellfire at defenders that dared to hit them.

Now you got little pusswipes like Tim Tebow and Mark Sanchez winning playoff games. Oh let's check it down and throw a few screen passes! Want to come over for tea later? Alex Smith and Matt Cassel are coming over!

It makes me SICK.

this. NFL is teh ghey now.

Hammock Parties
05-26-2014, 01:25 PM
I think you mean No Michael Irving to draw coverage away.

Doesn't matter, man.

Troy Aikman was the perfect QB from a physical standpoint.

If he had played in a more wide open offense he would have put up sick numbers.

And when called upon to put up big numbers in a game he often did.

Fuck all the haters. Badass alpha male QB.

Marcellus
05-26-2014, 01:41 PM

Granted you are basing most of that off the assumption he reaches the hyped potential since you cant possibly be saying he is a better QB than Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Brees, etc....

If you had any QB you wanted in 1 game to win it all right now would you take Luck over every other QB in the leauge today?

Not likely, its still potential.

ThaVirus
05-26-2014, 01:45 PM
Granted you are basing most of that off the assumption he reaches the hyped potential since you cant possibly be saying he is a better QB than Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Brees, etc....

If you had any QB you wanted in 1 game to win it all right now would you take Luck over every other QB in the leauge today?

He'd be way down the list if that were the case. I'd even take guys like Alex Smith and Tony Romo over him if I had to win just one game.

People love gobbling on his cock but Luck sucks really hard sometimes. He doesn't offer you much more than guys like Russel Wilson and Cam Newton when it comes to overall production.

OnTheWarpath15
05-26-2014, 01:45 PM
Wow, this thread has scored a Hat Trick of stupidity.

Andrew Luck is overrated.

Rather have Rivers in a must-win scenario than Luck.

Aikman is a HOF QB simply because of his supporting cast.

Mind bottling.

BigMeatballDave
05-26-2014, 01:47 PM
Aikman is a HOF QB simply because of his supporting cast.

Hyperbole, much?

ThaVirus
05-26-2014, 01:47 PM

By "must-win" do you mean down 4 points with 80 yards to score and less than two minutes left in the game?

If so, no one said that.

Sully
05-26-2014, 01:48 PM

I'm basing it in age, salary, potential, already shown abilities, and position.
Since the "1 game" thing is something we'll never know, all I can base it in is those things.
So if the Colts called up and offered Luck straight up for any of those guys you mentioned? Not one other team would turn them down. I think the Packers are probably the only team that would give it a second thought.

htismaqe
05-26-2014, 01:56 PM
LOL I see Clay is back to hating on Alex.

And it seems to have brought one of the 49er trolls out of the woodwork as well.

:facepalm:

Marcellus
05-26-2014, 02:08 PM
I'm basing it in age, salary, potential, already shown abilities, and position.
Since the "1 game" thing is something we'll never know, all I can base it in is those things.
So if the Colts called up and offered Luck straight up for any of those guys you mentioned? Not one other team would turn them down. I think the Packers are probably the only team that would give it a second thought.

Today you say Luck is the only guy in football you wouldn't take any other player straight up for. By the end of this coming season that could drastically change, the sample size is simply too small.

Just Passin' By
05-26-2014, 02:14 PM
Today you say Luck is the only guy in football you wouldn't take any other player straight up for. By the end of this coming season that could drastically change, the sample size is simply too small.

:spock:

Marcellus
05-26-2014, 02:18 PM
:spock:

What is incorrect about that statement?

Sully
05-26-2014, 02:25 PM

The new rookie salary structure began in Luck's rookie year, right? Check me if I'm wrong on that. So with that in mind, right now, I'd only consider QBs taken that year or since (that's why Newton isn't in this discussion). So that leaves us Russell, RG3, Smith, and the three this year. I like Russell, but I'm not sure yet that he isn't maxed out. RG3 is already an injury train wreck, though I'm rooting for him to turn that around. Smith? Luck is better. And we don't know about the three this year. So yeah, things could change, but since we are talking about today, what other frame of reference would you like to use?

Just Passin' By
05-26-2014, 02:25 PM
What is incorrect about that statement?

Unless you're expecting Luck to retire, everything.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-26-2014, 02:30 PM
Hopefully he can beat an extremely flawed Pats team this year that hopefully can beat a flawed bronco team

Marcellus
05-26-2014, 02:33 PM
The new rookie salary structure began in Luck's rookie year, right? Check me if I'm wrong on that. So with that in mind, right now, I'd only consider QBs taken that year or since (that's why Newton isn't in this discussion). So that leaves us Russell, RG3, Smith, and the three this year. I like Russell, but I'm not sure yet that he isn't maxed out. RG3 is already an injury train wreck, though I'm rooting for him to turn that around. Smith? Luck is better. And we don't know about the three this year. So yeah, things could change, but since we are talking about today, what other frame of reference would you like to use?

I am not questioning your timing or your logic, I am just saying in general with the media and fans that there seems to be this level of certainty with Luck's future that seems premature to me.

Sully
05-26-2014, 02:35 PM
I am not questioning your timing or your logic, I am just saying in general with the media and fans that there seems to be this level of certainty with Luck's future that seems premature to me.

Yeah. There's no certainty, but there's more with him than any of the other young guys. He has got every tool, so barring a monster injury, I can't see how anyone wouldn't project him as top 5 by the end of this season.

RealSNR
05-26-2014, 02:38 PM

Think of it like this question:

SDChiefs
05-26-2014, 02:51 PM

Favre/Rodgers, Montana/Young...

Sannyasi
05-26-2014, 02:52 PM
I realize this thread was derailed from the start, but I'd just like to point out that PFF here is grading players based on their 2013 seasons. Luck didn't have an elite 2013 season. He was 18th in QB rating, 26th in YPA, and had the same number of TD's as Alex Smith, but with two more interceptions.

You can change the context and talk about his potential, but I can see why a stat-based website like PFF would want to stick to measures they can quantify.

Deberg_1990
05-26-2014, 03:19 PM
I realize this thread was derailed from the start, but I'd just like to point out that PFF here is grading players based on their 2013 seasons. Luck didn't have an elite 2013 season. He was 18th in QB rating, 26th in YPA, and had the same number of TD's as Alex Smith, but with two more interceptions.

You can change the context and talk about his potential, but I can see why a stat-based website like PFF would want to stick to measures they can quantify.

Stats are fine mostly. But sometimes they don't tell a complete story.

Alot of QBs are decent "box score" guys.

Jeff George and Andy Dalton come to mind.
Posted via Mobile Device

OldSchool
05-26-2014, 03:22 PM
They turned over 2/3 of the roster. They weren't that good.
Posted via Mobile Device

Eh, pretty solid group of weapons in 2012:

Wayne
Hilton
Avery
Allen
Fleener

Wayne was still a true #1 in 2011, only 40 yards away from 1k with Curtis Painter throwing him the ball.

The Colts tanked in 2011, plain and simple. They still had a roster that was capable of 7-9 wins with a decent QB, but declined to sign one.

You're not going to tell me that an offense with:

Reggie Wayne
Pierre Garcon
Austin Collie (before his injuries piled up)
Dallas Clark
Donald Brown
Joseph Addai

And a defense led by Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis, was only good for 2 wins.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-26-2014, 03:39 PM
That Colt team is pure shit without Luck.

Just Passin' By
05-26-2014, 04:27 PM

PFF is horse shit.

RealSNR
05-26-2014, 04:43 PM
Fuck all equine mascot teams

Gadzooks
05-26-2014, 05:58 PM
Maybe Eli Manning got a boost too, though I don't remember how good his team was.

Eli's Giants were 10-4 in 2002, the Chargers were 8-8. In 2003 the Giants and Chargers went 4-12. The Chargers did this with Drew Brees and Ladanian Tomlinson, the Giants, while having an excellent defense, and decent weapons on offense, broke down because of Kerry Collins.

Sheli and his mommy forced the trade to NY mostly for the added $$$ available through advertising.

The Giants were the better team to go to based on talent, but that wasn't their concern. It was all about the market.

Gadzooks
05-26-2014, 06:05 PM
Wow, this thread has scored a Hat Trick of stupidity.

Andrew Luck is overrated.

Mind bottling.

Yeah, Luck did a great job beating the Chargers this past season.... Oh, wait.
He lost... It's not like the Chargers were sporting a better team...

Luck fucking lost to a sub-par defense and Rivers kicked the Colts not so sub-par defense in the nuts. Hell, a Rivers run offense will kick any good defense in the nuts.

Mind bottling.

htismaqe
05-26-2014, 06:06 PM
http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/philip-rivers-fumble.gif

htismaqe
05-26-2014, 06:07 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/1127393/philip-rivers-mad-o.gif

htismaqe
05-26-2014, 06:08 PM
http://intheneutralzone.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/philip_rivers_cry4.gif

htismaqe
05-26-2014, 06:09 PM
http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/philip-rivers-is-made-fun-of-by-denver-lineman.gif

Discuss Thrower
05-26-2014, 06:10 PM
Chiefs fans have absolutely no room to talk junk against Rivers or the Chargers considering they've owned the keys to Arrowhead since 2011 and have incredibly way more playoff wins.

htismaqe
05-26-2014, 06:11 PM
Chiefs fans have absolutely no room to talk junk against Rivers or the Chargers considering they've owned the keys to Arrowhead since 2011 and have incredibly way more playoff wins.

They talk shit about the Broncos getting wasted in the Super Bowl. What's the difference?

Besides, making fun of Rivers is so easy. He brings it on himself by being such a colossal douchebag.

Gadzooks
05-26-2014, 06:13 PM
All of those gifs were from 2012 when Phil's wife was pregnant with their 18th child.
You know what it's like when your broad is pregnant. It ain't easy.

You'd blow a midget to have him on your team.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-wMEVeiYl28" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

htismaqe
05-26-2014, 06:14 PM
All of those gifs were from 2012 when Phil's wife was pregnant with their 18th child.

Especially when you're trying to set yourself up for a future reality series on TLC.

Nah, no thinks. Too douchy.

Gadzooks
05-26-2014, 06:16 PM
Especially when you're trying to set yourself up for a future reality series on TLC.

Nah, no thinks. Too douchy.

Rivers lost is top 2 receivers early in the season and still killed it. You must have something against white people.

htismaqe
05-26-2014, 06:17 PM
Rivers lost is top 2 receivers early in the season and still killed it. You must have something against white people.

No, just douchebags.

Gadzooks
05-26-2014, 06:22 PM
No, just douchebags.

I think most of CP realizes he's a guy who loves to play football and gets "fired up". You must have missed the memo.:rolleyes:

milkman
05-26-2014, 06:23 PM
I think most of CP realizes he's a guy who loves to play football and gets "fired up". You must have missed the memo.:rolleyes:

I think you mispelled "bleeds".

htismaqe
05-26-2014, 06:24 PM
I think you mispelled "bleeds".

Vaginally.

RealSNR
05-26-2014, 06:27 PM
All of those gifs were from 2012 when Phil had bleeding vaginal pus sores all while going through menopause. You know what it's like when your broad has menopause. It ain't easy.

FYP

RealSNR
05-26-2014, 06:30 PM

He acts like a petulant child. I've never seen any other QB behave that way on the field.

Call it what you want, but his "emotions" are inexcusable. If he played basketball, he'd be targeted by refs as a hotheaded nutjob who can't keep his emotions in check.

Gadzooks
05-26-2014, 06:33 PM
It's not surprising that some Chief fans wouldn't be able to recognize a QB since Alex Smith is the first QB you've had in over 20 years.
Sad...

Hammock Parties
05-26-2014, 06:35 PM

Yep. I'd let a midget mount me, too. At the same time.

Last of a dying breed of true alpha pocket QBs. Fucking these running pussies.

RealSNR
05-26-2014, 06:41 PM
It's not surprising that some Chief fans wouldn't be able to recognize a QB since Alex Smith is the first QB you've had in over 20 years.
Sad...

I watch plenty of QBs in the course of an NFL season, and a handful of them are *gasp* better than Phillip Rivers.

They don't behave the way Rivers does when shit doesn't go their way.

Gadzooks
05-26-2014, 06:41 PM
his "emotions" are inexcusable.

You're being a homer cuckold because you can't stand that a team in your division has such a divisive leader that can make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

Your jealous. I get it, I would be too after what you've been through.

Mav
05-26-2014, 06:42 PM
And it seems to have brought one of the 49er trolls out of the woodwork as well.

:facepalm:

Are you talking about me? Lol. If so are you retarded?

Mav
05-26-2014, 06:44 PM
Yep. I'd let a midget mount me, too. At the same time.

Last of a dying breed of true alpha pocket QBs. Fucking these running pussies.

Peyton, brees, brady? Those are running qbs?

Gadzooks
05-26-2014, 06:46 PM
Excuse me for a moment. I'm going out to get some green tea.

Hammock Parties
Peyton, brees, brady? Those are running qbs?

They are all older than Rivers.

Mav

Keenan Allen played huge. As did Virgil greene. Factor in that they starred having true success when woodhead and matthews became the focal point of the offense, and I wonder what the Hell you are smoking

Mav
05-26-2014, 06:47 PM
They are all older than Rivers.

Barely. Rivers is what 32?

Hammock Parties
I'm sure Alice Smith would connect wonderfully with that bunch of scrubs.

RealSNR
You're being a homer cuckold because you can't stand that a team in your division has such a divisive leader that can make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

Your jealous. I get it, I would be too after what you've been through.

You should look up what homer means. I've said nothing of his talent as a QB.

All I did was call him a crybaby douchebag who acts like a petulant child on the football field. Which he is.

It's no different than saying Peyton Manning has a large forehead and a tiny dick. Those aren't judgements of his skill level as a QB.

Hammock Parties
Barely. Rivers is what 32?

Yes. Last of his kind, as I said. IMO. Whatever. Eat shit.

Mav
05-26-2014, 06:50 PM

Lol. The irony of this is that I agree with you on troy aikman, yet you are still an uber dick. And remember who you are talking to ass muncher. I have destroyed you for the entire past year. So you should keep you attitude in check bitch. I own your sorry ass.

Hammock Parties
05-26-2014, 06:51 PM
Lol. The irony of this is that I agree with you on troy aikman, yet you are still an uber dick. And remember who you are talking to ass muncher. I have destroyed you for the entire past year. So you should keep you attitude in check bitch. I own your sorry ass.

Well, no. Alex Smith hasn't won dick for this team. Now fuck off.

Mav
05-26-2014, 06:53 PM

Nick foles, matt ryan, but what ever you say little guy.

Hammock Parties
05-26-2014, 06:53 PM
Nick foles, matt ryan, but what ever you say little guy.

Matt Ryan is a little pussy. Nick Foles has played half a season.

Phil Rivers. Last true alpha. Period.

Mav
05-26-2014, 06:55 PM
Well, no. Alex Smith hasn't won dick for this team. Now fuck off.

Lol. You lost the bet to me. Remember that. And there are several posts of you praising alex Smith after the playoff game. Back in your hole boy. You vowed to the entire board to get rid of me. You failed Turd gobbler. You ready for year two bitch boy?

Hammock Parties
05-26-2014, 06:56 PM
You ready for year two bitch boy?

You will beg for death before the end. This year Alex can't hide against a weak schedule. His reckoning is coming.

Mav
05-26-2014, 06:56 PM
Matt Ryan is a little pussy. Nick Foles has played half a season.

Phil Rivers. Last true alpha. Period.

An alpha who had done absolute Jack shit. That's an alpha? You live mediocre don't you?

Hammock Parties
05-26-2014, 06:57 PM
An alpha who had done absolute Jack shit. That's an alpha? You live mediocre don't you?

Getting to an AFC Championship game isn't jack shit. He has more playoff wins than your little scrambling pussy QB, and will retire with over 100 career regular season wins. That's rare.

Mav
05-26-2014, 06:58 PM
You will beg for death before the end. This year Alex can't hide against a weak schedule. His reckoning is coming.

Pshhhhh. I for one pay you no attention. You WERE wrong so many times last year. You have a lot to get right before anyone will take your myopic opinion seriously.

Mav
05-26-2014, 06:59 PM
Getting to an AFC Championship game isn't jack shit. He has more playoff wins than your little scrambling pussy QB, and will retire with over 100 career regular season wins. That's rare.

Alex Smith has gotten to one of those. Not impressed.

Hammock Parties
05-26-2014, 06:59 PM
Pshhhhh. I for one pay you no attention. You WERE wrong so many times last year. You have a lot to get right before anyone will take your myopic opinion seriously.

Mostly I was right, dipshit. The fact that Alex had his little bullshit hot streak against the weakest schedule ever changes nothing. He is still a scared pussy checkdown artist.

RealSNR
05-26-2014, 07:15 PM
I love it when Clay gets aggressive. He reminds me of Gowron. All wild and bug-eyed, ready to bathe in blood as a testament of his honor

Discuss Thrower
05-26-2014, 07:17 PM
I love it when Clay gets aggressive. He reminds me of Gowron. All wild and bug-eyed, ready to bathe in blood as a testament of his honor

If he's Gowron , then Inmem is martok...

Gadzooks
05-26-2014, 07:17 PM
You should look up what homer means. I've said nothing of his talent as a QB.

All I did was call him a crybaby douchebag who acts like a petulant child on the football field. Which he is.

It's no different than saying Peyton Manning has a large forehead and a tiny dick. Those aren't judgements of his skill level as a QB.

The concept that he's a "crybaby douchebag" or a "petulant child" have been perpetuated by the media. Brett Favre did far more disdainful things on the field and they were never publicized because he was the darling of the NFL, (unless he was sending dick pics to your daughter).

You and and your weak minded brethren still cling to the belief that he's a poor leader, meanwhile he's been to 2 AFC Championship games. One on an MCL that was surgically repaired just prior to the game and another where LT hid out on the sidelines with his visor.

Maybe you're the crybaby douchebag for perpetuating such vicious lies.

RealSNR
05-26-2014, 07:24 PM
If he's Gowron , then Inmem is martok...

Inmem is Lursa

RealSNR
05-26-2014, 07:29 PM
The concept that he's a "crybaby douchebag" or a "petulant child" have been perpetuated by the media. Brett Favre did far more disdainful things on the field and they were never publicized because he was the darling of the NFL, (unless he was sending dick pics to your daughter).

You and and your weak minded brethren still cling to the belief that he's a poor leader, meanwhile he's been to 2 AFC Championship games. One on an MCL that was surgically repaired just prior to the game and another where LT hid out on the sidelines with his visor.

LMAO LMAO

Nobody in the media calls him a crybaby. They all suck his dick, and claim that when he angrily spikes the ball and rages at the officials from 2 inches away, he's just a "true competitor" and "really wants to win."

I never said he was a poor leader, either. I just called him a crybaby douchebag who can't keep his emotions in check like an adult. It's really quite fucking simple to understand.

I didn't say he was an elephant or a computer or the Empire State Building. I didn't say he was fat. I didn't say he was bad at checkers.

I said his actions on the field show that he's a crybaby douchebag who can't keep his emotions in check.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Hammock Parties

Maverick is a filthy p'tak with no honor.

milkman

Rivers is a bleeding vag, and Brett Favre was an overrated douche.

Gadzooks
05-26-2014, 07:33 PM
LMAO LMAO

Nobody in the media calls him a crybaby. They all suck his dick, and claim that when he angrily spikes the ball and rages at the officials from 2 inches away, he's just a "true competitor" and "really wants to win."

I never said he was a poor leader, either. I just called him a crybaby douchebag who can't keep his emotions in check like an adult. It's really quite ****ing simple to understand.

I didn't say he was an elephant or a computer or the Empire State Building. I didn't say he was fat. I didn't say he was bad at checkers.

I said his actions on the field show that he's a crybaby douchebag who can't keep his emotions in check.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Oh, I see. You just like to insert the words "crybaby douchebag" whenever his name comes up.
Perfectly normal. Perfectly healthy.:rolleyes:

ThaVirus
05-26-2014, 07:37 PM

Yep.

RealSNR
05-26-2014, 07:39 PM
Oh, I see. You just like to insert the words "crybaby douchebag" whenever his name comes up.
Perfectly normal. Perfectly healthy.:rolleyes:

Name another QB who behaves like Philip Rivers does when shit doesn't go his way.

It's not because Philip Rivers wants to win more than the other QBs, either.

He acts like a flaming douchebag. It is possible to be super competitive without behaving that way.

Gadzooks
05-26-2014, 07:40 PM

You're an overrated douche. (Be happy you're not a bleeding vag).

SNR - Milkman has been just as influenced by the media as you. Sadly, you both can't admit it...

RealSNR
05-26-2014, 07:42 PM
What has the media been saying about Rivers' actions on the field?

I'll tell you what Jon Gruden says about him. I'll tell you what Jim Nantz says about him. Fuck, I'll even tell you what Mitch Holthus says about him.

They all think he's just fine. Not doing anything wrong at all.

There is no negative media narrative regarding Rivers, dude. You're being stupid.

Hammock Parties
05-26-2014, 07:42 PM
Inmem is Lursa

Milkman is Martok. Old, wise, scarred and when his claws come out HOO BOY.

RealSNR
05-26-2014, 07:45 PM
Me: "Phil Rivers acts like a douchebag on the field."

Gadzooks: "You have no right to call him a bad father to his children"

Gadzooks
05-26-2014, 07:47 PM
Name another QB who behaves like Philip Rivers does when shit doesn't go his way.

It's not because Philip Rivers wants to win more than the other QBs, either.

He acts like a flaming douchebag. It is possible to be super competitive without behaving that way.

Brett FUCKING Favre. I've searched high and low but I can't find the video of him directing the fans in Detroit to suck his cock. Unfortunately, I was at the game in Detroit. (It was only unfortunate because I had to spend time near Detroit)

All Rivers has done is kick or throw useless balls in frustration. He's never invited a crowd to suck his dick.

What the fuck do you care if Rivers shows his frustration? People are such fuckin' pussies...

RealSNR
05-26-2014, 07:49 PM
Brett FUCKING Favre. I've searched high and low but I can't find the video of him directing the fans in Detroit to suck his cock. Unfortunately, I was at the game in Detroit. (It was only unfortunate because I had to spend time near Detroit)

All Rivers has done is kick or throw useless balls in frustration. He's never invited a crowd to suck his dick.

What the fuck do you care if Rivers shows his frustration? People are such fuckin' pussies...

You're not helping your case

Gadzooks
05-26-2014, 07:51 PM
Me: "Phil Rivers acts like a douchebag on the field."

Gadzooks: "You have no right to call him a bad father to his children"

That's a blatant misrepresentation and you know it you crybaby douchebag. LMAO

RealSNR
05-26-2014, 07:54 PM
That's a blatant misrepresentation and you know it you crybaby douchebag. LMAO

It's not my fault you're getting shit wrong about what I'm saying.

Also, what the fuck do you care what Chiefs fans say about your precious QB? Good God, you're acting like I'm insulting your mother.

Knowmo is less defensive about fivehead than you are about Rivers. It's just a game, dude.

Gadzooks
05-26-2014, 08:16 PM
Yeah your right. As a matter of fact, I'd probably prefer that you hate him as he beats you. It'll make the tears of the Chief fans that much sweeter.
I originally got pissed over the whole Cutler vs. Rivers debate.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LsSpYLU7Ig0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
There was more to that story.

Rivers has shown frustration on the field since then but I've never understood the term "crybaby". I would give you "petulant", but the words "douchbag" and "child" should be removed.

If it makes Chiefs fans fell better during this current plight I won't deny it from you.

Gadzooks
05-26-2014, 08:19 PM
Here's some of the soft minded media you fell for years ago:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rn_oIwQeklg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RealSNR
05-26-2014, 08:26 PM
If you asked a dispassionate fan the following, how do you think he or she would respond, Gadzooks?

The actions of the QB in this gif most make him out to be:

A. A fiery competitor
B. A douchebag

Tribal Warfare
05-26-2014, 08:29 PM
If you asked a dispassionate fan the following, how do you think he or she would respond, Gadzooks?

A. A fiery competitor
B. A douchebag

honestly, Rivers more of a bitch in comparison to the asshole/dick/fiery persona of Marino in the heat of competition.

milkman
05-26-2014, 08:30 PM
You're an overrated douche. (Be happy you're not a bleeding vag).

SNR - Milkman has been just as influenced by the media as you. Sadly, you both can't admit it...

The media are cock sucking morons.

I have been calling Favre an overrated douche for the better part of 20 years, and until Peyton Manning became the recipient of the media slurping, he was easily the most overrated QB ever.

Manning wears that crown now.

Pablo
05-26-2014, 08:31 PM
Rivers is absolutely a douche bag.

I'd still take him on my team because he's a good QB; albeit a douche. His interview after a Thursday night game with NFLN last year softened me on his personality a bit. He seemed to be funny and engaging in an aww-shucks bumpkin sort of way.

Gadzooks
05-26-2014, 09:15 PM

A. A fiery competitor
B. A douchebag

He's kicks it to make it clear that the ball it's out of play, thus saving his OL from potential injury, (he also does it to show his OL that he's pissed they ****ed up).

RealSNR
05-26-2014, 09:17 PM
Rivers is absolutely a douche bag.

I'd still take him on my team because he's a good QB; albeit a douche. His interview after a Thursday night game with NFLN last year softened me on his personality a bit. He seemed to be funny and engaging in an aww-shucks bumpkin sort of way.

What's wrong with this opinion of Rivers, Gadzooks?

People aren't allowed to call him a douchebag?

What's next? We're not allowed to call John Goodman fat? We're not allowed to call Paul Walker dead?

Gadzooks
05-26-2014, 09:22 PM
What's wrong with this opinion of Rivers, Gadzooks?

People aren't allowed to call him a douchebag?

What's next? We're not allowed to call John Goodman fat? We're not allowed to call Paul Walker dead?

You're allowed to do whatever you'd like, as misguided as it may be, as long as it conforms to the laws that have been set out before you by this great nation.
You sir, are bordering on slander. This post shall serve as fair warning.

Gadzooks
05-26-2014, 09:28 PM
The media are cock sucking morons.

I have been calling Favre an overrated douche for the better part of 20 years, and until Peyton Manning became the recipient of the media slurping, he was easily the most overrated QB ever.

Manning wears that crown now.

We can agree on that.

The Bad Guy
05-26-2014, 09:42 PM

All I know is..if Rivers was the Chiefs QB this whole time, and played with a dominant RB like LT, and had a weapon like Gates, and he didn't at least get to a SB, you'd be calling him out in every joke thread you start.

I love Rivers and I think he's fantastic, but winning a a bunch of playoff games and having tons of regular season wins means jack and shit if he never wins a SB.

The Bad Guy
05-26-2014, 09:43 PM
You're allowed to do whatever you'd like, as misguided as it may be, as long as it conforms to the laws that have been set out before you by this great nation.
You sir, are bordering on slander. This post shall serve as fair warning.

Why is it misguided to call him a douchebag?

Hammock Parties
05-26-2014, 09:47 PM
All I know is..if Rivers was the Chiefs QB this whole time, and played with a dominant RB like LT, and had a weapon like Gates, and he didn't at least get to a SB, you'd be calling him out in every joke thread you start.

I love Rivers and I think he's fantastic, but winning a a bunch of playoff games and having tons of regular season wins means jack and shit if he never wins a SB.

Sure.

He's still been an awesome QB, though.

He's had a better career than any QB that has ever played for this franchise since Dawson, for sure.

We'd have been damn lucky to get him.

The Giants would have been better off keeping Rivers, too. He would have been a mega superstar in New York.

I just laugh when our dumb fans come into these threads and shit on QBs who don't play for the Chiefs, simply because they don't play for the Chiefs.

ThaVirus
05-26-2014, 09:49 PM
The Giants would have been better off keeping Rivers, too. He would have been a mega superstar in New York.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--gak-j92v--/194trtw9lwx2hjpg.jpg

Hammock Parties
05-26-2014, 09:51 PM
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--gak-j92v--/194trtw9lwx2hjpg.jpg

Rivers is a much better QB than Eli.

If Rivers had played on some of the teams Eli played on...whooooooo.

ThaVirus
05-26-2014, 09:54 PM
Rivers is a much better QB than Eli.

If Rivers had played on some of the teams Eli played on...whooooooo.

I'm sure he is..

I still think Eli's Super Bowl runs were just a perfect storm of defensive domination and Eli lucking ass backwards into some huge, huge completions.

.. And it's been a while, but Philip has played on some super talented Chargers teams. Back in the mid 2000s they were winning 12-14 games per season. He had LT, Gates, Vincent Jackson, etc.

ThaVirus
05-26-2014, 09:55 PM
People quickly forgot how dominant LT and Gates were.

Gates was good for 10+ TDs a season and LT was definitely the best back of his generation. The guy had 1600 rushing yards and 100 receptions in one season. Fuck me.

Gadzooks
05-26-2014, 09:56 PM

Brees had LT when he had 1645 rushing yards and 100 receptions in the 2003 season. Eventually, it led to the first overall pick in 2004.