PDA

View Full Version : Life Caught on Vid: Father orders son to punch another boy

Deberg_1990
05-29-2014, 06:04 PM
http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/2014/05/adult_forces_middle_schoolers.html

STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- A disturbing video being shared on Facebook shows an adult ordering two children to fight one another in front of a group of their peers outside what parents on the social media site claim is a Staten Island schoolyard.

blurimage1.png
A disturbing video being shared on Facebook shows an adult ordering two children to fight one another in front of a group of their peers outside what parents on the social media site claim is a Staten Island schoolyard. (Facebook video)

"Right now. Punch him in his face," the man says to a red-headed boy featured in the cell phone video.

The Facebook user who originally posted the video claims that the incident involves two students from PS 60 in Graniteville, who start fighting outside the school after supposedly being told to do so by someone she identifies as the father of one of the boys.

Fox 5 News reported that the Department of Education said the school's principal met with the 5th grade student and his father on Tuesday, and the student is now facing disciplinary action.

Police say a report was taken and they are investigating, according to Fox.

A DOE spokeswoman did not immediately return a request for comment.

While the video was posted this week, it is not clear when the incident took place.

The student follows the adult's orders in the video and takes a swing at the boy leaning against the fence. He then turns his back to the other boy, appearing as if he wants the fight to end.

But the sole adult in the video yells at him to continue the brawl.

"Turn around...come here..do it again," the adult says to the boy.

The two children continue to fight, tackling one another to the ground. Their peers surround them and yell, as one onlooker captures the entire episode on a cell phone camera.

"That's enough," the man says, ending the brief fight after the boys get off the ground.

The video has been shared more than 280 times via Facebook, with users expressing disgust and disbelief over the actions of the adult.

"Father of PS 60 Alice Austen elementary school telling his son to punch another kid in the face. This is absolutely disgusting. What kind of parent are you?" the original post reads.

"This father needs to be arrested for endangering the welfare of a child," reads another user's post.

And another said: "If it were my kid I would press charges on that parent for endangering the welfare of a child. If the other child was bullying that child then take the appropriate steps to have the situation rectified."

<object id="flashObj" width="480" height="270" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0"><param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1&isUI=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=3593471492001&playerID=2436806292001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAQBxUxyk~,OfuBKPHdVzMhxqkFpxDe-uLmsrchRkLQ&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1&isUI=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=3593471492001&playerID=2436806292001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAQBxUxyk~,OfuBKPHdVzMhxqkFpxDe-uLmsrchRkLQ&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="480" height="270" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" swLiveConnect="true" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>

Rasputin
05-29-2014, 06:11 PM
The adult should be charged for assault on a miner even if he didn't do the fighting.

Bwana
05-29-2014, 06:12 PM
Daddy needs to have his ass kicked.

Strongside
05-29-2014, 06:13 PM
The adult should be charged for assault on a miner even if he didn't do the fighting.

http://media.npr.org/assets/img/2012/07/06/qs77hres-jpeg_custom-ddf3c2c2c093d3e80ad3b7e13c38f7da6a4e2d18-s6-c30.jpg

mikey23545
05-29-2014, 06:16 PM

Was the kid not wearing his helmet?

jspchief
meh

Coochie liquor
I remember in HS gym class if you got in a fight coach would lock the 2 of you in his office to fight with no onlookers. That would never fly in today's schools.

Halfcan
05-29-2014, 06:17 PM
Daddy needs to have his ass kicked.

:thumb:

ModSocks
05-29-2014, 06:34 PM
This should be interesting.

LoneWolf
05-29-2014, 06:47 PM
Do kids not get into fights anymore? I'm having a hard time getting worked up over this. Sure the kids father is probably stupid for being there encouraging the fight. If his son had a problem with this particular kid, he should have told either try to kick his ass or stop complaining about him.

Besides the video and the presence of the father, this is a scene you could have seen weekly when I was growing up. Nobody got hurt and nobody was suspended from school.

Deberg_1990
05-29-2014, 06:50 PM
I remember in HS gym class if you got in a fight coach would lock the 2 of you in his office to fight with no onlookers. That would never fly in today's schools.

Slight difference between some 5th graders and high school kids.
Posted via Mobile Device

LoneWolf
05-29-2014, 06:51 PM
Slight difference between some 5th graders and high school kids.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yep, fifth graders don't hit as hard.

TimBone
05-29-2014, 06:56 PM
When I was 7 years old I came home crying and telling my dad that I had gotten beat up on the playground. He ordered me back to the playground the next morning and said next time someone hits you, you defend yourself and fight back.

So, off I go to the playground and I do exactly as I was told. I don't pick a fight with anybody, but the first time I was hit, I fought back and beat the crap out of them.

I was super excited that I had defended myself and that it had worked. I ran home and told my dad about it. He looked at me and said "Well, I'm proud of you, son. From now on you defend yourself anytime somebody picks on you."

About ten minutes later the doorbell rings and my dad answers it. At the door is a lady and her 9 year old daughter. The daughter has a fat lip and a bloody nose. The lady looks at my dad and says "I believe your son just beat up my daughter at the playground."

Y'all should have seen the look my dad gave me.

SAUTO
05-29-2014, 07:01 PM
When I was 7 years old I came home crying and telling my dad that I had gotten beat up on the playground. He ordered me back to the playground the next morning and said next time someone hits you, you defend yourself and fight back.

So, off I go to the playground and I do exactly as I was told. I don't pick a fight with anybody, but the first time I was hit, I fought back and beat the crap out of them.

I was super excited that I had defended myself and that it had worked. I ran home and told my dad about it. He looked at me and said "Well, I'm proud of you, son. From now on you defend yourself anytime somebody picks on you."

About ten minutes later the doorbell rings and my dad answers it. At the door is a lady and her 9 year old daughter. The daughter has a fat lip and a bloody nose. The lady looks at my dad and says "I believe your son just beat up my daughter at the playground."

Holy fuck dude I just spit pop all over the place.

I was going to say the exact same thing happened to me, but it was a guy I beat up. ROFL LMAO
Posted via Mobile Device

LoneWolf
05-29-2014, 07:02 PM

ROFL

TimBone
05-29-2014, 07:03 PM
Holy fuck dude I just spit pop all over the place.

I was going to say the exact same thing happened to me, but it was a guy I beat up. ROFL LMAO
Posted via Mobile Device

Hey man, it worked though. I was never physically picked on again after that. :-)

But it was guys from there forward. My dad had a long talk with me after that girl and her mom left.

SAUTO
05-29-2014, 07:11 PM
Hey man, it worked though. I was never physically picked on again after that. :-)

But it was guys from there forward. My dad had a long talk with me after that girl and her mom left.

Seriously fucking hilarious
Posted via Mobile Device

Dayze
05-29-2014, 07:54 PM
he should be forced to go fight Kimbo Slice with kids eggin' him on.

TEX
05-29-2014, 07:57 PM
Do kids not get into fights anymore? I'm having a hard time getting worked up over this. Sure the kids father is probably stupid for being there encouraging the fight. If his son had a problem with this particular kid, he should have told either try to kick his ass or stop complaining about him.

Besides the video and the presence of the father, this is a scene you could have seen weekly when I was growing up. Nobody got hurt and nobody was suspended from school.

This. All day long...

BigRedChief
05-29-2014, 08:01 PM
Do kids not get into fights anymore? I'm having a hard time getting worked up over this.Fighting in school is a big deal these days. Way different from when I was in elementary school.

Dayze
05-29-2014, 08:03 PM
Agree.
hell, i got into a fight the day of finals in HS during lunch. gangsta wannabe sucker punched me while I was walking away; Dayze's fuse was lit.

kicked the ever loving shit out of him; even putting one of his teeth through his lip. My metal shop teacher (former Pitt State LB) ripped us apart. Principle walked us to his office, past all his gangsta friends. at which point this douche started throwing up gang sings or whatever like he did anything other than that one shot.

principal asks us to write out our statements; then let me go take my finals. no suspension or anything. other kid was expelled.

principal calls my dad to let him know, and at some point my dad asked "well, how did Dayze do"? the principal "well, when I got there, Dayze was puttin' a good whoopin on him". then they both laughed.

I came home walking from the bus stop and my dad and brother were there in the driveway laying in wait. When I got close enough, my dad yells out "Yo, Rocky"! I miss those days. Kids today are absolute fucking pussies as a result of all these dumbass rules that have been implemented.

LoneWolf
05-29-2014, 08:08 PM
Fighting in school is a big deal these days. Way different from when I was in elementary school.

The vagification of America continues. They're kids throwing a few punches. Very slim possibility of someone getting seriously hurt.

TribalElder
05-29-2014, 08:09 PM

that post is awesome :LOL:

SAUTO
05-29-2014, 08:28 PM
Agree.
hell, i got into a fight the day of finals in HS during lunch. gangsta wannabe sucker punched me while I was walking away; Dayze's fuse was lit.

kicked the ever loving shit out of him; even putting one of his teeth through his lip. My metal shop teacher (former Pitt State LB) ripped us apart. Principle walked us to his office, past all his gangsta friends. at which point this douche started throwing up gang sings or whatever like he did anything other than that one shot.

principal asks us to write out our statements; then let me go take my finals. no suspension or anything. other kid was expelled.

principal calls my dad to let him know, and at some point my dad asked "well, how did Dayze do"? the principal "well, when I got there, Dayze was puttin' a good whoopin on him". then they both laughed.

I came home walking from the bus stop and my dad and brother were there in the driveway laying in wait. When I got close enough, my dad yells out "Yo, Rocky"! I miss those days. Kids today are absolute fucking pussies as a result of all these dumbass rules that have been implemented.

Kids ARE pussies these days. We were always fighting. Like a couple times a week at least someone was throwing down. Hell we will still fight if prodded lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

Deberg_1990
05-29-2014, 08:39 PM
The vagification of America continues. They're kids throwing a few punches. Very slim possibility of someone getting seriously hurt.

We live in a post columbine/Newtown era.

Schools are fearful of this stuff escalating, and rightly so.
Posted via Mobile Device

MahiMike
05-29-2014, 08:46 PM

No shit. What's the issue here?

TripleThreat
05-29-2014, 08:49 PM
Looks to me like the kid throwing the punch was just too scared of getting into a fight and the other kid wanted to fight so dad was helping his son get over the early jitters.

better he teach his son now to stand up for himself rather than later...

KevB
05-29-2014, 09:11 PM
We'd get in fights in school and just playing around the neighborhood. I remember getting in fights with best friends playing football or other games. We were smart enough to regulate and not allow it to escalate too far. Mostly a lot of wresting with a few punches from time to time. Just not the same these days.

SAUTO
05-29-2014, 09:14 PM
We'd get in fights in school and just playing around the neighborhood. I remember getting in fights with best friends playing football or other games. We were smart enough to regulate and not allow it to escalate too far. Mostly a lot of wresting with a few punches from time to time. Just not the same these days.
All the time.
Posted via Mobile Device

Just Passin' By
05-29-2014, 09:15 PM

LMAO

Just Passin' By
05-29-2014, 09:16 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

Sorry, but that's a load of bullshit.

LoneWolf
05-29-2014, 09:21 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

Maybe, just maybe, if the schools would allow kids to vent some of their anger and handle certain situations by getting in a few fights, some kids wouldn't keep their anger bottled up and then let it explode in a fury of bullets.

Stanley Nickels
05-29-2014, 09:32 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

I'd argue that fighting is a release of that aggression which, with fights being so rare now, manifests as more extreme violence. You gotta get that shit out of your system or it'll simmer and then boil over.

Pitt Gorilla
05-29-2014, 11:09 PM
Kids ARE pussies these days. We were always fighting. Like a couple times a week at least someone was throwing down. Hell we will still fight if prodded lol.
Posted via Mobile DeviceSomeone is going to fear for their life and use lethal force to defend themselves.

blaise
05-29-2014, 11:36 PM
When I was in high school I think a fistfight during school got you one day in school suspension. But I'd rather take that than the whole, "Meet me at the tree at 3:00," or whatever. If you can wait that long you're not that mad.

Just Passin' By
05-29-2014, 11:42 PM
Someone is going to fear for their life and use lethal force to defend themselves.

Same shit since the beginning of time.

C3HIEF3S
05-30-2014, 12:07 AM

That is fucking hilarious ROFLROFL

05-30-2014, 02:25 AM
I remember when I was about 10 or so and was playing with my neighbors. One of them was riding on my bike and I asked them to get off so I could ride it. He would not get off and gave me this dirty look like "make me" Needless to say, I made him. Grabbed the bike and stopped him. Next thing I know, I hear their dad yell out the window, "hit him!!!!"

I just remember thinking WTF when he said that. Considering the kid wasn't exactly smartest kid around I wasn't about to fight him so I had to deal with a couple pops to the head and stomach. Got on my bike to ride off and his ****ing big brother runs me down to beat on me. WTF?

I just wanted to ride my bike and the kid wouldn't get off. I didn't hit him, I just stopped him and made him get off. Never even tried to hurt him. Somehow that justified their dad telling him to hit me and the big brother getting pissed and trying to beat on me because I wouldn't fight his brother? Needless to say I never bothered playing with those neighbors again.

Made me feel better when my dad told me I did the right thing not fighting him. Now the big brother on the other hand. Sure would like another shot at him.

BryanBusby
05-30-2014, 03:31 AM
Sorry, but that's a load of bullshit.
It really isn't.

The Columbine shit led to the "Zero tolerance" policy, which was the most ridiculous shit.

E: Well I guess it was around before Columbine, but they really pushed the shit hard after it.

I got handcuffed and taken to jail until my dad finally came in got me when I threw a punch to defend myself at school. After that, they basically threatened to either put me in the burnouts school or complete expel me and really Zero Tolerance can go fuck itself in the ass. Even the cop that hauled me off hated it and was really apologetic, cool and completely in my corner about the whole thing. I'd strongly recommend anyone who wasn't in school in the last 10 or so years to watch a documentary called The War on Kids.

My kids will never attend public schools.