millz
05-31-2014, 01:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTccgZKkouk

Quesadilla Joe
05-31-2014, 03:34 AM
Ritchie made that guy look like an idiot. LMAO

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
05-31-2014, 06:41 AM
Can we get some context before I watch a 20 minute video?

JFC

Lex Luthor
05-31-2014, 07:23 AM

JFC

Less than 30 seconds into the video they tell you exactly what it's about.

A guy is pimping his book that claims that numerous sporting events are fixed. It's full of speculation and unsupported assertions. But it was an interesting interview.

Halfcan
05-31-2014, 08:31 AM
They brought up the 15 and 1 packers- we know who they lost that one too. One of the best home games in recent years.

Halfcan
05-31-2014, 08:32 AM
If people don't think the game is manipulated towards higher revenues-watch any donks game from last year. There are pics of the Donk's line holding in front of the refs floating around the planet-and yet No Call was made. But when the SB rolled around and they didn't get the "help" they received all year to break records-the Donks became an average team with an aging QB.

CoMoChief
05-31-2014, 08:55 AM
I believe that refs can control a game w/ discretionary calls. Like when and when not to call holding calls, PI calls etc.

I mean how many times have we seen PI calls, phantom PI calls, an OL that takes Hali's head and chokes him/headlocks him and nothing gets called? That's just in the games we see w/ the Chiefs. It's been said many times again that holding can be called on any play basically. So why isn't it called more than it is then? I know they don't have the man power to watch every single OL unless they add more zebras on the field to specifically watch that, but what that does, it allows the refs to call holding or not call holding pretty much anytime they feel like it. Then they fine coaches/players if they bitch about calls to the press in post game interviews etc.

It's all speculation because it can't be proven. But that certainly doesn't mean that it doesn't go on. And he has a point when it comes to the financials about it. There have been FBI files and court documents on this. There have been millions and possibly billions involved w/ this over the years. I bet it's gone on in college too.

Now I'm sure it happened a lot more back in the 60's and 70's. I would think it would be harder to get away w/ that kinda shit in today's world with 100 camera angles and the internet/social media etc and 24HR sports TV/radio.

Dayze
05-31-2014, 11:04 AM
it absolutely is massaged to get the outcome TV and Vegas wants.

cosmo20002
05-31-2014, 11:19 AM
People who think the NFL is fixing its own games are morons who should stab themselves in the face.
NFL FANS who think the NFL is fixing its own games should also stab themselves in the nuts to ensure that they will not have any offspring.

mcaj22
05-31-2014, 11:20 AM
I am still convinced the NBA draft lottery is fixed lol

Dayze
05-31-2014, 11:44 AM
People who think the NFL is fixing its own games are morons who should stab themselves in the face.
NFL FANS who think the NFL is fixing its own games should also stab themselves in the nuts to ensure that they will not have any offspring.

LMAO

Lex Luthor
05-31-2014, 12:33 PM
it absolutely is massaged to get the outcome TV and Vegas wants.

OK. We know you think that. What evidence do you have?

KCwolf
05-31-2014, 12:42 PM
Uhhhhh....if you think the NFL is fixed then you also believe the Chiefs will represent the AFC in the Super Bowl. ZERO chance.

TEX
05-31-2014, 12:45 PM

ROFL (Here we go again!) You should do BOTH...

It's my opinion that controlling the whole game would be impossible; However, it is very possible for the NFL to control a single moment/s of any game they want without any player / coach / team etc. being involved. Sometimes that moment can determine the outcome of a game. A call here, there, especially a NON-CALL here / there can do the trick. The perfect "defense" is human error and non reversible calls. It's all entertainment and can be manipulated. To not accept that as a possibility is beyond being close-minded. It's plain stupid.

redshirt32
05-31-2014, 12:49 PM

It's my opinion that controlling the whole game would be impossible; However, it is very possible for the NFL to control a single moment/s of any game they want without any player / coach / team etc. being involved. Sometimes that moment can determine the outcome of a game. A call here, there, especially a NON-CALL here / there can do the trick. The perfect "defense" is human error and non reversible calls. It's all entertainment and can be manipulated. To not accept that as a possibility is beyond being close-minded. It's plain stupid.

Spot on:thumb:

eDave
05-31-2014, 12:57 PM
Marketing wins championships.

cosmo20002
05-31-2014, 01:16 PM

I assume the "etc." doesn't include the refs, because you would need one or probably more to pull off what you are describing.

You didn't mention or defend the Touhy guy in the OP's video, but he seems to be the go-to expert on this topic. He says something like, "the refs don't even need to be told by the NFL what to do--they just know." WTF is that?

The easiest way to know Touhy is full of shit is that he always claims that fixing of games by the NFL isn't even illegal, so of course they take advantage of this. It would be very illegal.

redshirt32
05-31-2014, 01:41 PM
Is there not holding on every play ?

At some point in the game you can throw your flag and it can determine or alter a games outcome, to say that no ref has taking money or has received some kind of comp to give and edge to another team to give them a better chance to win
or to say that not one game ever has been altered or an edge given to another team knowingly by a ref or refs is stupid.
They are human and they will and can make shitty calls at the right time be it money or friends or the hot ass BJ he received just before the game not every ref has the upmost integrity.

NBA had some shit refs back in the day

Pepe Silvia
05-31-2014, 02:14 PM
I assume the "etc." doesn't include the refs, because you would need one or probably more to pull off what you are describing.

You didn't mention or defend the Touhy guy in the OP's video, but he seems to be the go-to expert on this topic. He says something like, "the refs don't even need to be told by the NFL what to do--they just know." WTF is that?

The easiest way to know Touhy is full of shit is that he always claims that fixing of games by the NFL isn't even illegal, so of course they take advantage of this. It would be very illegal.

No it's not, the NFL has a loophole, it says on the ticket that you're paying to see a football game, it doesn't have to be a FAIR game. It's entertainment, they aren't liable in court.

patteeu
05-31-2014, 03:06 PM

Would it? What law do you have in mind?

millz
05-31-2014, 03:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dsvmcc6tzE0 part 2 right here.

i like tuohy but how did he get access to all these FBI files? Also, I'm sorry but Ritchie looks pissed off and knows something we don't.

Aries Walker
05-31-2014, 03:17 PM
They brought up the 15 and 1 packers- we know who they lost that one too. One of the best home games in recent years.
That game got me a personal "Way to go" from Rob Riggle.

Dayze
05-31-2014, 03:43 PM
OK. We know you think that. What evidence do you have?

I don't.
just because I smell dog shit but can't find the turd, doesn't mean the dog shit doesn't exist.

NFL is entertainment. which is one of the reasons my interest has wained to the point where I only watch the Chiefs games any more.

TEX
05-31-2014, 03:54 PM

The problem with your opinion on the subject is that you don't know what you're talking about. However, you think that you do and that's the worst position to be in regardless of the subject matter...Do us all a favor and go educate yourself on the law and then come back and discuss this topic again. You just might learn something...

TEX
05-31-2014, 03:57 PM
No it's not, the NFL has a loophole, it says on the ticket that you're paying to see a football game, it doesn't have to be a FAIR game. It's entertainment, they aren't liable in court.

Bingo! Hey Cosmo, I'd start (and end) with this...

beach tribe
05-31-2014, 04:33 PM
And the refs who were just on strike for more money are to be trusted with this multimillion dollar secret?

Lex Luthor
05-31-2014, 05:03 PM
I don't.
just because I smell dog shit but can't find the turd, doesn't mean the dog shit doesn't exist.

NFL is entertainment. which is one of the reasons my interest has wained to the point where I only watch the Chiefs games any more.
A better analogy: Just because you think the dog must have shit in your yard because you have a feeling that the damn dog must have done so, doesn't mean that a dog shit in your yard.

Find the turd and you'll have a better argument.

Pepe Silvia
05-31-2014, 05:26 PM
A better analogy: Just because you think the dog must have shit in your yard because you have a feeling that the damn dog must have done so, doesn't mean that a dog shit in your yard.

What?

Mr. Laz
05-31-2014, 06:12 PM
manipulated,massaged,influenced aren't the same as fixed

I absolutely think that refs subconsciously favor big names in all the sports. I also think that the league wants to give big markets the best chance for success.

Any real conspiracy group would have to be very small or someone would talk, it's just human nature. No way would players,officials keep their mouth shut forever ... they would write a book or blackmail the league endlessly.

cosmo20002
05-31-2014, 06:15 PM

No it doesn't. That's just fucking stupid.

But even using your ticket "loophole," a football "game" implies that it is an actual competitive, fair game. If it had a determined outcome, it would be a performance.

patteeu
05-31-2014, 06:37 PM

But even using your ticket "loophole," a football "game" implies that it is an actual competitive, fair game. If it had a determined outcome, it would be a performance.

What law do you think they'd be violating? I'm not saying you're wrong, I just don't know what law it would be.

Mr. Laz
05-31-2014, 06:42 PM
And the refs who were just on strike for more money are to be trusted with this multimillion dollar secret?
or the player that hates Goodell, just got suspended for PED and/or fined for wearing their socks to high

someone would get pissed and go on Oprah or something

Lex Luthor
05-31-2014, 06:51 PM
Is there not holding on every play ?

At some point in the game you can throw your flag and it can determine or alter a games outcome, to say that no ref has taking money or has received some kind of comp to give and edge to another team to give them a better chance to win
or to say that not one game ever has been altered or an edge given to another team knowingly by a ref or refs is stupid.
They are human and they will and can make shitty calls at the right time be it money or friends or the hot ass BJ he received just before the game not every ref has the upmost integrity.

NBA had some shit refs back in the day

There's a huge difference between saying what you just said and saying that there is a conspiracy in which the NFL fixes games in order to favor big market teams and/or appease the television networks. The point of the OP is that the NFL fixes games, not that some rogue referee may have.

redshirt32
05-31-2014, 07:24 PM
Lets say I need a few points give or take and I am betting big money on NFL games, or college game, lets say any sport.

Get the best looking hot ass call girl/guy in town to get it on with a Ref and on candid camera , not an easy feat but sex rules!

Then before the game show him the tape, ask him to help out just one time or his wife and kids are sure to roll out of his life, and he really needs to get on board or other things might happen like accidents , to them or mom /dad/sis/brother

just this one time and everything goes back to normal your life is back and you have not shamed your family and your family has no accident. Leave a stack of franklins to boot just because

throw a flag to take a team out of field goal range or throw a flag to get the kicker closer for the game winning field goal

naaaa only in the movies ........... another never say never moment in the NFL

redshirt32
05-31-2014, 07:31 PM
There's a huge difference between saying what you just said and saying that there is a conspiracy in which the NFL fixes games in order to favor big market teams and/or appease the television networks. The point of the OP is that the NFL fixes games, not that some rogue referee may have.

sorry got off the point of the OP , disregard my last two posts ill quit stirring the pot,

cosmo20002
05-31-2014, 09:02 PM
What law do you think they'd be violating? I'm not saying you're wrong, I just don't know what law it would be.

Fraud, bribery, racketeering, probably several others.

kccrow
05-31-2014, 09:13 PM

I'll back you up.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/224

-King-
05-31-2014, 09:21 PM

:clap:

TEX
05-31-2014, 09:48 PM

ROFL You're too much!

TEX
05-31-2014, 09:51 PM
:clap:

A Cosmo disciple. Lucky you!..:rolleyes:

-King-
05-31-2014, 09:55 PM
A Cosmo disciple. Lucky you!..:rolleyes:

Beach Tribe is Cosmo now? Never knew. Do we need a mod to ban the mult?

How come you haven't responded to that though. You think the NFL entrusts referees to keep this multiBillion dollar secret? Suuure.

TEX
05-31-2014, 10:00 PM
I'll back you up.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/224

:facepalm:

You missed the whole point yet you think you proved it...

TEX
05-31-2014, 10:07 PM
Beach Tribe is Cosmo now? Never knew. Do we need a mod to ban the mult?

How come you haven't responded to that though. You think the NFL entrusts referees to keep this multiBillion dollar secret? Suuure.

To what??? They would have to prove it.

Eleazar
05-31-2014, 10:18 PM
LMAO

(also, inb4 someone says the SUPREME COURT PROVED IT IS ALL RIGGED DERP etc)

-King-
05-31-2014, 10:22 PM
To what??? They would have to prove it.

Wtf? According to you, the're the ones making the calls/non calls to affect the game. So the league trusts them to keep that secret yet locks them out and keeps them from being full time employees. How does that work?

cosmo20002
05-31-2014, 10:51 PM
ROFL You're too much!

That's what she said.

I don't really get why you're saying it though.

BigRedChief
05-31-2014, 11:03 PM

JFCNo shit. Horrible opening post. Just a link to a you tube clip.

Demonpenz
05-31-2014, 11:08 PM
The chiefs have a bumble fuck of an owner and a shit for brains coach.

Gadzooks
06-01-2014, 12:22 AM
The NHL is, or at least was, fixed. In 1993 ABC had a huge contract with the NHL.
The Montreal Canadiens had beaten the NY Islanders in the Eastern conference finals.
The Toronto Maple Leafs were playing the L.A. Kings in the Western finals. Who do you think ABC wanted to advance to the finals? The rest of the world knew that a Toronto/ Montreal final would have been awesome and the Leafs, at that time would have probably won.
It just so happens that Wayne Gretzky was playing for the Kings, the second largest TV market in the US.

Take a look at this tape from the game where Gretzky gives a high stick, (automatic penalty), to Toronto Captain Doug Gilmour:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RgRTQvXM5Mc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Gilmour goes off to get 8 stitches while Gretzky scores the game winner.

Here's the reaction of Don Cherry:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/55FNNOh04Us" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

millz
06-01-2014, 02:11 AM
^ the mafia controls and runs the montreal canadiens. the leafs too are cursed and not allowed to win another cup, last year against boston proved that.

sorry for not writing an opening post, i just felt there was too much to type. i don't want to be labeled or considered a conspiracy theorist, i just think we can't trust these leagues and too many coincidences and perfect happy endings.

the patriots and giants superbowls were laughable, the wes welker drop, the david tyree catch with the obvious holding on the giants. favre's countless late championship game picks, KC's constant choking and blatant weird calls against them ( no denying this, always felt like there was a weird conspiracy regarding KC )

Baby Lee
06-01-2014, 02:43 AM

Why would bribery or racketeering be involved in an NFL agreement to edge referee decisions to favor storylines.

That's different from saying a player was constrained to underperform, or the whole thing is controlled organized crime betting interests.

The closest thing is the Quiz Show scandal, but that was explicitly two independent competitors. The NFL is a 32 team single unit.

TEX
06-01-2014, 09:07 AM
Why would bribery or racketeering be involved in an NFL agreement to edge referee decisions to favor storylines.

That's different from saying a player was constrained to underperform, or the whole thing is controlled organized crime betting interests.

The closest thing is the Quiz Show scandal, but that was explicitly two independent competitors. The NFL is a 32 team single unit.

:clap: Exactly the case. It had also been successfully argued as such in court. You're wasting your time with Cosmo though. He is hopelessly stuck on his point of view. If this were the early 1500's he'd still be arguing that the world was flat ...

beach tribe
06-01-2014, 12:48 PM
Wtf? According to you, the're the ones making the calls/non calls to affect the game. So the league trusts them to keep that secret yet locks them out and keeps them from being full time employees. How does that work?

I called it a multimillion dollar secret because that's what it would be worth to any of them to "blow the whistle". Pun intended.

kccrow
06-01-2014, 02:02 PM
:facepalm:

You missed the whole point yet you think you proved it...

No, I missed not a single point.

You want the answers? The NFL does not fix games.

All I backed up was the fact that if the NFL refs were being bribed to throw contests, then those bribing would be subject to very stiff fines and up to 5 years in prison.

Now go back to your self-esteem boosting party.

bowener
06-01-2014, 04:58 PM
Isn't the NFL legally allowed to make games more "exciting", but not allowed to ultimately fix the outcome, since their whole purpose is entertainment? The NBA obviously does this. The majority of their fucking playoff games come down to 1 point. No way that happens without the refs keeping that shit close. This is what TV contracts do to a league. Nobody wants to watch a football team lose 43 to 8. That is a lot of ads wasted once people tune out. I guarantee that will be the last Super Bowl blow out for a while.

kccrow
06-01-2014, 06:02 PM
Its gotta be fixed to keep games close...
... despite there's about as many blowouts in NFL Super Bowl history as there are close games.
... despite the league has seen many small market teams like Green Bay, New Orleans, and Indianapolis winning recently.
... despite the fact that there is about a 33% changeover in teams making the playoffs every year.
... despite the fact that there is not one shred of evidence to support the conspiracy theory that then NFL fixes games aside from the assertion that referees miss calls or make bad calls, which the NFL penalizes them for when warranted.

I love a good conspiracy theory, hell I love when they are actually proved true, but the NFL fixing outcomes is ridiculous.

cosmo20002
06-01-2014, 06:25 PM

Referees would be receiving something of value to inappropriately alter the outcome of a game.

Aren't you an attorney? You don't see any laws being broken? ****ing moron...

cosmo20002
06-01-2014, 06:26 PM
:clap: Exactly the case. It had also been successfully argued as such in court. You're wasting your time with Cosmo though. He is hopelessly stuck on his point of view. If this were the early 1500's he'd still be arguing that the world was flat ...

What has been successfully argued in court? Link it, while you're at it.