PDA

View Full Version : Life Kansas window tinting laws?

Al Bundy
05-31-2014, 09:28 AM
I see Kansas has a 35% all around, while Missouri has a 35% on the front 2 windows but any shade on the back. Anyone have any clue why that is and know where I can get a 20% all around? 35% is useless.

SAUTO
05-31-2014, 09:32 AM
The cops want to be able to see you.

For real
Posted via Mobile Device

Dr. Gigglepants
05-31-2014, 09:33 AM
Any shop should do whatever you want. Might have to pay in cash and not get a receipt.

I've always used Mid America Window Tint on 135th St. They'll do whatever you want, dumb ass tint laws be damned.

Al Bundy
05-31-2014, 09:34 AM
The cops want to be able to see you.

For real
Posted via Mobile Device

On my other car, I had 20% all the way around, got 1 speeding ticket and the cop didn't say a word about it. Just wondering why it is so different between the states.

Blindside58
05-31-2014, 09:37 AM
I got a ticket for this in Jackson county a few months back by MO HP...what a pain...basically had to get it removed and contact the officer to re-test. Just dealing with the courts was the main deal...and in my line of work I have to have an uber clean record.

SAUTO
05-31-2014, 09:38 AM
On my other car, I had 20% all the way around, got 1 speeding ticket and the cop didn't say a word about it. Just wondering why it is so different between the states.What ever each state wants, most cops won't even fuck with you. Get that one asshole though..

They used to make me check it on a state inspection, but quit doing that too. Gives them a reason to pull you over middle of he night, just like a license plate light that we can't check on an inspection either
Posted via Mobile Device

TribalElder
05-31-2014, 09:47 AM
prepare to be raped and your windows to be scraped

Chief_For_Life58
05-31-2014, 10:24 AM
yeah I've gotten 2 cars done at AAA tint on Shawnee mission parkway...they're good....one I got 5 all around and the other we did 20....wherever you go say you've had cars done there before and then haggle the price if it seems really high cus you gotta pay cash since its technically illegal

Chief_For_Life58
05-31-2014, 10:29 AM
it really depends on the car, If you've got a bright colored car with dark tint then cops notice it easier. the car I got 5 on was a black Durango suv and it just blended it with the overall color of the car. never got pulled over for it, drove it for 7 years in 5 different states and countless times driving across country.

right now I have 20 all around on my truck and I'd say that's pretty much perfect

Dayze
05-31-2014, 10:38 AM
jus another reason to pull you over; who knows what happens after that point.

TribalElder
05-31-2014, 10:45 AM

http://rightedition.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Latex-Glove-Hospital-Cavity-Search.jpg

SAUTO
05-31-2014, 10:48 AM

I used to be a dumb kid. 5 percent everywhere. Tint shop around 38 th and state. But anymore I just want the cops to leave me alone.

It sure looks good though
Posted via Mobile Device

Al Bundy
05-31-2014, 10:48 AM
I did pay cash when I had my front windows done illegally. Never got hassled even when I registered it in Kansas at the KHP office.

Pablo
05-31-2014, 10:49 AM
Had 20% on my last vehicle. Pearl white sedan; got pulled over for it three times in six years.

I'll just go legal the next time so cops don't have an excuse to fuck with me.

Al Bundy
05-31-2014, 10:49 AM
I used to be a dumb kid. 5 percent everywhere. Tint shop around 38 th and state. But anymore I just want the cops to leave me alone.

It sure looks good though
Posted via Mobile Device

I want 20, to keep the heat out.

TribalElder
05-31-2014, 10:53 AM
go to an optometrist and get an exemption for light sensitivity

tint your shit however dark you want

profit

this used to be displayed with a small pink sticker on the windshield but I believe the tint laws have changed a bit. The game is still the same though, Dr. note could get you out of tickets but it might not stop them from pulling you over.

SAUTO
05-31-2014, 10:57 AM
I did pay cash when I had my front windows done illegally. Never got hassled even when I registered it in Kansas at the KHP office.

Ks doesn't look at anything, odometer and vin if from out of state only
Posted via Mobile Device

Dayze
05-31-2014, 11:16 AM
http://rightedition.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Latex-Glove-Hospital-Cavity-Search.jpg

LMAO