PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Are you still satisfied with Long John Silvers?

Deberg_1990
06-04-2014, 08:33 AM
Give me that 2 fish combo!

http://www.ljsilvers.com/food

BigRichard
06-04-2014, 08:34 AM
Peyton Manning!

BlackHelicopters
06-04-2014, 08:37 AM
Aaron Murray

Predarat
06-04-2014, 08:40 AM
Thanks now i need a Long John Silvers fix. Now I will die of a heart attack.

loochy
06-04-2014, 08:40 AM
http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&docid=hUpB2LGj-B2MLM&tbnid=vr9wQPuRHe8pgM&ved=0CAUQjBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fimg3.wikia.nocookie.net%2F__cb20130306110059%2Fvideo-game-championship-wrestling%2Fimages%2F9%2F94%2FDaniel_Bryan_YES.gif&ei=0C-PU6GpPMm0sQSRwYBA&psig=AFQjCNFVlHZR12BoP5jaKR3FZCitEc5nSA&ust=1401979217111441
http://i45.tinypic.com/1brxv.jpg

Simply Red
06-04-2014, 08:43 AM
I adopted a Chief!

Anne Murray!

Dayze
06-04-2014, 08:45 AM
Tim Drunkenmiller

BlackHelicopters
06-04-2014, 08:54 AM
Tim Drunkenmiller

Thought it was Jim?

Deberg_1990
06-04-2014, 08:58 AM
14 locations in the KC area to serve you.
Get out there and support this fine establishment.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dayze
06-04-2014, 09:01 AM
Thought it was Jim?

Tim, Jim....I just like his last name. he was set up to fail the moment he was born. lol

Gravedigger
06-04-2014, 09:30 AM
When they merged with A&W their fries changed and that's about the time when I stopped going to them as often as I did when I was a kid. Gimme 2 piece chicken and fries with an extra piece of chicken, three shrimp, and extra extra extra cocktail sauce.

htismaqe
06-04-2014, 09:31 AM
Fuck no.

There's something inherently wrong with food that makes your sweat smell like a fry vat for 24 hours after eating it...

milkman
06-04-2014, 09:34 AM
Haven't eaten at a Long John Silvers since I moved from Leavenworth in '78.

BigRichard
06-04-2014, 09:35 AM
I may have to get some today.

Baby Lee
06-04-2014, 09:42 AM
Tim, Jim....I just like his last name. he was set up to fail the moment he was born. lol

Yeah, it's one thing to go through life drunk, but drunk and operating millinery machinery. Someone gon' lose some fingers.

Archie F. Swin
06-04-2014, 09:47 AM
pass the malt vinegar

BeeHo
06-04-2014, 09:52 AM
I think my vomit is more nutritional.

Simply Red
06-04-2014, 09:53 AM
14 locations in the KC area to serve you.
Get out there and support this fine establishment.
Posted via Mobile Device

probably similar to that of Atlanta - I'M CHECKING RIGHT NOW@! brb...

Simply Red
06-04-2014, 09:55 AM
pass the malt vinegar

http://i59.tinypic.com/33z9xz7.gif

ILChief
06-04-2014, 09:56 AM
Thig Lyfe

Simply Red
06-04-2014, 09:57 AM
http://www.ljsilvers.com/locator?postalcode=30341

Deberg_1990
06-04-2014, 10:03 AM
http://www.ljsilvers.com/locator?postalcode=30341

Very nice! hush puppies for everyone!
Posted via Mobile Device

Bearcat
06-04-2014, 10:04 AM
Still?

Stewie
06-04-2014, 10:10 AM
Ah! The yellow meal.

Simply Red
06-04-2014, 10:13 AM
Still?

:LOL:

Simply Red
06-04-2014, 10:17 AM
http://i.imgur.com/8ccA0oy.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/KYEeuBE.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/2JETh4j.jpg

HoneyBadger
06-04-2014, 10:42 AM
Thig Lyfe

RIP

listopencil
06-04-2014, 11:20 AM
pass the malt vinegar

Hell yes.

listopencil
06-04-2014, 11:21 AM
I fucking love hush puppies.

Pitt Gorilla
06-04-2014, 11:25 AM
pass the malt vinegarYes. I would drown my LJS in that stuff. Delicious.

htismaqe
06-04-2014, 11:50 AM

They're a thing in Charlotte. Every time I go down there, I hit a couple of BBQ restaurants that serve bottomless baskets of the greasy little things.

listopencil
06-04-2014, 11:51 AM
They're a thing in Charlotte. Every time I go down there, I hit a couple of BBQ restaurants that serve bottomless baskets of the greasy little things.

Oh, man. Bottomless basket of hush puppies would end me.

htismaqe
06-04-2014, 11:56 AM
Oh, man. Bottomless basket of hush puppies would end me.

It takes me a couple of days of hard drinking to get them out of my system.

Wildcat2005
06-04-2014, 12:15 PM
I havent had LJS in probably 5 years

I might have to give it another try
Browsing on here gives me cravings for nasty fast food

salame
06-04-2014, 12:18 PM
last time i went i had near immediate diarrhea
like i had to find a gas station asap

Pasta Little Brioni
06-04-2014, 12:45 PM
Absolutely the most god awful fast food ever

Pepe Silvia
06-04-2014, 01:20 PM
I'm surprised I havent had a heart attack yet, I have not eaten LJS in a few years because I don't have any near me anymore but it has to be the most unhealthy fast food joint, everything is deep fried.

ptlyon
06-04-2014, 01:22 PM
Ieverything is deep fried.

Not the coleslaw

listopencil
06-04-2014, 01:35 PM
It takes me a couple of days of hard drinking to get them out of my system.

Oh, getting them out of my system isn't a problem. They go flying right through. The rest of the menu is pretty hard on me. I think it is entirely possible that the food is made with haunted/cursed/demon meat. I'll still eat it though.

Pepe Silvia
Not the coleslaw

It might as well be.

listopencil
Absolutely the most god awful fast food ever

You aren't using enough malt vinegar.

listopencil
06-04-2014, 01:36 PM
It might as well be.

If it was I might try it.

listopencil
06-04-2014, 01:38 PM
Hmm. That might be a worthwhile poll. Would you eat food made from haunted/cursed/demonic animals? My vote would be, "Yes, if battered and deep fried."

listopencil
06-04-2014, 01:43 PM
To be clear: I only eat at LJS about once per year.

Baby Lee
06-04-2014, 02:13 PM
pass the malt vinegar

And that's the story, son!!

Take a bite out of the top of the puppy, then fill that puppy with malt vinegar like a canteen.

tooge
06-04-2014, 02:24 PM
I'm trying to remember if I've ever caught a diamond shaped fish

kcjayhawks5
06-04-2014, 04:07 PM
Gross

Easy 6
06-04-2014, 04:15 PM
Ha... I broke down on a Saturday afternoon 2 weeks ago and said **** the diet, I'm hungover and want some grease... so I head for LJ's and order the 2 fish, 3 chicken platter.

I was huuungry.

Get home and what do I find... a two piece fish meal, not even any ****ing slaw and they even forgot my vinegar sauce.

So I call up and ask for the mgr and this twerpy sounding guy says "well, I am the manager today"... ok good, now we're getting somewhere... so I tell him I'd just left there and had gotten less than half of what I paid for "so if I use up more of my time and gas to come back there, how will you make this right for me?"

"well, if you wanna come back I can give you the chicken and slaw for free" he says.

"well no, see I already paid for the chicken and slaw, you already owe me that, I'm asking how you're going to make this right"

"like I said, if you wanna come back I can give you the chicken and slaw for free, or I can mail out a voucher for them"

"dude, you're not listening to me... you ALREADY OWE ME the chicken and slaw, its NOT FREE I already paid for those things, what are you going to do for me BESIDES GIVE ME WHAT I ALREADY PAID FOR?"

"all I can do is give you the chicken and slaw or mail the voucher, which one would you like?"

"YOU HAVENT HEARD THE LAST OF THIS YOU STUPID MOTHER****ER - click"

So the next day I get the REAL manager on the horn and she's tripping all over herself trying to make it right "I'm so sorry, he just came off manager training so he's new but he will DEFINITELY hear about this blah blah blah, I'm sending you two free vouchers for anything you want".

So I took my son this past weekend and got the new chicken and COD... man that cod is EXCELLENT, huge, thick chunks of cod... trust me, if you eat there anytime soon, get the new cod platter, for LJ's its great.

Oh, and ALWAYS check your bag before leaving the drive through.

Pepe Silvia
06-04-2014, 04:16 PM
pass the malt vinegar

Better than lemon.

Fish
06-04-2014, 04:25 PM
You aren't using enough malt vinegar.

I have never tried malt vinegar. The words scared me as a kid, and I've just never tried...

listopencil
06-04-2014, 04:29 PM
I have never tried malt vinegar. The words scared me as a kid, and I've just never tried...

You owe it to yourself to try it. If you like hot sauces with vinegar, or salad dressings with vinegar, you will probably like it. It's great on fried potatoes or really anything deep fried.

Easy 6
06-04-2014, 04:29 PM

Think of it as a Magic Elixir for fish and hush puppies.

Pepe Silvia
06-04-2014, 04:32 PM

It's good, you need to try it.

listopencil
06-04-2014, 04:35 PM
Think of it as a Magic Elixir for fish and hush puppies.

And french fries with ciuatstchuppiope.

Easy 6
06-04-2014, 04:42 PM
I might be waaay off base, but I've had a theory about malt vinegars origins for a long time now.

We all know that Nordic countries love them some lutefisk, basically fermented, rotted fish, best I can tell its like kimchee except made with fish.

We also know from history that those northern (Norman) countries invaded, married into the royalty, became royalty etc and dominated England (the home of malt vinegar IIRC) for centuries... and presumably bringing many of their food ways with them.

So my theory, is that malt vinegar is a cheap, not nearly as strong, quickie English way of giving fish a slightly soured taste... a little something they picked up from their Norman conquerors.

Easy 6
06-04-2014, 04:44 PM

Ketchup, you mean?

That inside joke went over my head...

Baby Lee
06-04-2014, 05:41 PM
You owe it to yourself to try it. If you like hot sauces with vinegar, or salad dressings with vinegar, you will probably like it. It's great on fried potatoes or really anything deep fried.

Think of malt vinegar as the difference between almonds and smoked almonds.
It's barley based, and thus a BEER vinegar, like wine vinegar is a grape based vinegar. You make the beer first, then ferment it into malt vinegar.
That's why it goes good with fish and chips, because the fish is already beer battered.
It has the pucker of vinegar with a smoky, roasty, nutty flavor. It's not spicy. I think it's best on a hush puppy, but it's also great sprinkled on fries.

You can go fish, but I wouldn't go chicken.

Baby Lee
06-04-2014, 05:43 PM

Mmmmm, koyaanisqatsi

Deberg_1990
06-04-2014, 05:46 PM
Ha... I broke down on a Saturday afternoon 2 weeks ago and said **** the diet, I'm hungover and want some grease... so I head for LJ's and order the 2 fish, 3 chicken platter.

I was huuungry.

Get home and what do I find... a two piece fish meal, not even any ****ing slaw and they even forgot my vinegar sauce.

So I call up and ask for the mgr and this twerpy sounding guy says "well, I am the manager today"... ok good, now we're getting somewhere... so I tell him I'd just left there and had gotten less than half of what I paid for "so if I use up more of my time and gas to come back there, how will you make this right for me?"

"well, if you wanna come back I can give you the chicken and slaw for free" he says.

"well no, see I already paid for the chicken and slaw, you already owe me that, I'm asking how you're going to make this right"

"like I said, if you wanna come back I can give you the chicken and slaw for free, or I can mail out a voucher for them"

"dude, you're not listening to me... you ALREADY OWE ME the chicken and slaw, its NOT FREE I already paid for those things, what are you going to do for me BESIDES GIVE ME WHAT I ALREADY PAID FOR?"

"all I can do is give you the chicken and slaw or mail the voucher, which one would you like?"

So the next day I get the REAL manager on the horn and she's tripping all over herself trying to make it right "I'm so sorry, he just came off manager training so he's new but he will DEFINITELY hear about this blah blah blah, I'm sending you two free vouchers for anything you want".

So I took my son this past weekend and got the new chicken and COD... man that cod is EXCELLENT, huge, thick chunks of cod... trust me, if you eat there anytime soon, get the new cod platter, for LJ's its great.

Dude, you ALWAYS Check your stuff at the drive thru. ALWAYS
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Little Brioni
06-04-2014, 06:00 PM
So you got three shit meals instead of one? The dude was trying to do you a solid.

milkman
06-04-2014, 06:27 PM

I was huuungry.

Did you learn nothing from Joe Pesci?

suzzer99
06-04-2014, 06:32 PM
The last time I went to LJS was about 10 years ago when my friend was in the hospital and wanted me to sneak it in for her. I had the most complicated order imaginable for like 5 people with all kinds of special add ons and substitutions, extra sauces etc. The girl taking the order completely nailed it without asking for one part of the order twice.

I called up later and asked to talk to the manager. You could hear the sigh in his voice "...I'm the manager...". I told him how awesome the girl working the drive thru was. He just sat there stunned for a little while. Probably the first time in his career someone ever called up to compliment and employee.

I hope she got the hell out of LJS as soon as possible. I decided she was probably some ex-con trying to work her way back into society. She was too smart to land at LJS any other way.

Easy 6
06-04-2014, 06:36 PM
Dude, you ALWAYS Check your stuff at the drive thru. ALWAYS
Posted via Mobile Device

I know, usually its SOP but I was hungry as hell and in a huge hurry to get home.

So you got three shit meals instead of one? The dude was trying to do you a solid.

Nah, trust me on this cod they're doing, big, fat chunks of it, its almost as good as the fried halibut I used to get in Alaska... it may not look pretty on a plate, but their fish, chicken, hushpuppies and slaw are usually right on time as long as you don't hit it too often.

listopencil
06-04-2014, 06:38 PM
Ketchup, you mean?

That inside joke went over my head...

Well my spelling may be off.

listopencil
06-04-2014, 06:40 PM
Think of malt vinegar as the difference between almonds and smoked almonds.
It's barley based, and thus a BEER vinegar, like wine vinegar is a grape based vinegar. You make the beer first, then ferment it into malt vinegar.
That's why it goes good with fish and chips, because the fish is already beer battered.
It has the pucker of vinegar with a smoky, roasty, nutty flavor. It's not spicy. I think it's best on a hush puppy, but it's also great sprinkled on fries.

You can go fish, but I wouldn't go chicken.

Oh, OK, I did not know that it was barley based. Makes sense. I agree with you here but I do use it on battered chicken.

Easy 6
06-04-2014, 06:40 PM
Did you learn nothing from Joe Pesci?

I usually know my movies, but you got me there MM.

Two Heads in a Duffel Bag?

My Cousin Vinny?

srvy
06-04-2014, 08:05 PM
I don't eat the stuff often but when I do its usually Captain D's. Seems cleaner and if I walk in in my tenny runners and the sole is a little damp I don't ice skate across the greasy floor.

When was a teen we would get Arthur Treachers was good stuff wish that hadn't skiped town in KC.

Bowser
06-04-2014, 08:09 PM
Thig Lyfe

You need to say it three times while looking in a mirror with the lights off.

Deberg_1990
06-04-2014, 09:00 PM
When was a teen we would get Arthur Treachers was good stuff wish that hadn't skiped town in KC.

Damn, it's still around. Looks like east coast mainly

http://www.arthurtreachersfranchising.com/index.php

Baby Lee
06-05-2014, 03:46 AM
I usually know my movies, but you got me there MM.

Two Heads in a Duffel Bag?

My Cousin Vinny?

Lethal Weapon II

NSFW

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lWfaiTLPUKQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Simply Red
06-05-2014, 04:00 AM
Boat O Crumbs = free of charge with purchase.

Deberg_1990
06-05-2014, 06:40 AM

Those were delicious back in da day!
Posted via Mobile Device

Coochie liquor
06-05-2014, 07:00 AM
Hmm. That might be a worthwhile poll. Would you eat food made from haunted/cursed/demonic animals? My vote would be, "Yes, if battered and deep fried."

Or wrapped in bacon...

Coochie liquor
06-05-2014, 07:02 AM
Captain D's

Baby Lee
06-05-2014, 07:58 AM

And that's where the malt vinegar RIDES!!

Long John Cheerios!!!

Baby Lee
06-05-2014, 08:03 AM
Lethal Weapon II

NSFW

Speaking of which, is that one of the first Subway product placements? I don't even remember there being Subway nationally back then.

LiveSteam
06-05-2014, 09:59 AM
I get the RUNZ just thinking about LJS

http://charliestephan.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/img_0300.jpg