PDA

View Full Version : Life Hectic times

HemiEd
06-13-2014, 09:54 AM
As some of you many know, my father passed away on June 1, after a very wonderful 90 years. I had spent 5 weeks of vacation being with him since the middle of February.

Dad no longer has any of the horrible pain, nor does he have to live with the poor quality of life that he was experiencing with stage 4 of congestive heart failure. All four of us kids were by his side.

As his executor and trustee, I have been consumed with getting those things in order and it has been no small task.

I have two weeks until retirement to our place on Tablerock lake, and we have our house here in "tax hell" sold. We are hauling the very last load of our property to the Missouri place on the first of July, after 16 previous "Jed Clampett loads" over the last three years. Hopefully we will have closed on our property up here by then.

I have been training my replacements now for almost six months and gave three years notice to my best friend and boss!

BigRedChief
06-13-2014, 09:57 AM
As some of you many know, my father passed away on June 1, after a very wonderful 90 years. I had spent 5 weeks of vacation being with him since the middle of February.

Dad no longer has any of the horrible pain, nor does he have to live with the poor quality of life that he was experiencing with stage 4 of congestive heart failure. All four of us kids were by his side.

As his executor and trustee, I have been consumed with getting those things in order and it has been no small task.

I have two weeks until retirement to our place on Tablerock lake, and we have our house here in "tax hell" sold. We are hauling the very last load of our property to the Missouri place on the first of July, after 16 previous "Jed Clampett loads" over the last three years. Hopefully we will have closed on our property up here by then.

I have been training my replacements now for almost six months and gave three years notice to my best friend and boss!Soon you will be so bored that your biggest decision and task will be to go fishing in the morning or afternoon. You quickly decide, both.:thumb:

Simply Red
06-13-2014, 10:03 AM
hang in there Fast Eddie. Love you man. stay strong.

HemiEd
06-13-2014, 10:03 AM
Soon you will be so bored that your biggest decision and task will be to go fishing in the morning or afternoon. You quickly decide, both.:thumb:

That is the goal! After 50 years of working for someone else, I am ready!:thumb:

Dayze
06-13-2014, 10:05 AM
Good luck. it'll be worth it in a few weeks.

what kind of beer should I bring?

Halfcan
06-13-2014, 10:05 AM
Best wishes to you and your family with your new life!!

Dayze
06-13-2014, 10:11 AM
R8ers has a boat. ....just sayin'

HemiEd
06-13-2014, 10:12 AM

Boulevard is always welcome, no matter which flavor! :thumb:

Thanks Phil, I used to be content with swill, now I am a beer snob...:evil:

Dayze
06-13-2014, 10:14 AM
what do I look like? someone with Dane Money? Busch Light and you'll like it!

HemiEd
06-13-2014, 10:20 AM
what do I look like? someone with Dane Money? Busch Light and you'll like it!

Hey now, it is only $13.99 for a 12ver at "the walmarts" in Branson West!

$4 cheaper than up here.

Bwana
06-13-2014, 10:21 AM
Sorry about your Dad buddy, but congrats on the retirement. Catch a few for me!

Dayze
06-13-2014, 10:21 AM
cool. I can use the $4 saved to score some Virginia Slims.

*can't believe the prices up here for BLVD. used to be dang cheap.*

seclark
06-13-2014, 11:51 AM
enjoy it hemied...I'm looking forward to just getting there alive. it's supposed to be my twilight years here, but it feels more like the twilight zone.

again, congrats.:thumb:
sec

ptlyon
06-13-2014, 11:55 AM
Sorry about your dad, congrats on your retirement, and from the rest of us working saps, eat shit and die Ed

:thumb:

LiveSteam
06-13-2014, 12:25 PM
Sorry to hear about your Pops. Congrats on your retirement.

Nzoner
06-13-2014, 12:29 PM
Sorry about your loss man and hopefully if everything works out we can make a visit someday.

cwhocares
06-13-2014, 12:42 PM
Retired at 55 about 1 year ago. Don't regret a minute of it. Go and enjoy. There will always be something to do. Remember that if you don't get it done today, there's always tomorrow.

HemiEd
06-13-2014, 12:57 PM
Sorry about your Dad buddy, but congrats on the retirement. Catch a few for me!
Thanks Greg and will do!

enjoy it hemied...I'm looking forward to just getting there alive. it's supposed to be my twilight years here, but it feels more like the twilight zone.

again, congrats.:thumb:
secI hear ya seclark, it is like that around here today. Nobody else seems to want to be accountable so I can't have a short timers attitude. Hang in there, you will get there.

Sorry about your dad, congrats on your retirement, and from the rest of us working saps, eat shit and die Ed

Thanks and keep working, hard, please! I need you paying in so I can get it out.

Sorry to hear about your Pops. Congrats on your retirement.

Thanks and thanks!

Sorry about your loss man and hopefully if everything works out we can make a visit someday.
Thanks Joe, and we really look forward to it!

Retired at 55 about 1 year ago. Don't regret a minute of it. Go and enjoy. There will always be something to do. Remember that if you don't get it done today, there's always tomorrow.

Congrats on your retirement 9 years sooner than me! When it snows down there, I will just enjoy watching it melt.

Psyko Tek
06-13-2014, 10:20 PM

ice cold is always the first choice

Don Corlemahomes
06-13-2014, 10:31 PM

Perfect way to go for your dad. Seriously, taking off 5 weeks of work to be with him during that final month probably meant the freakin world to him.

I know you didn't do it to get a compliment from a stranger, but that is exceptional work as a son.

And congrats on the new beginning, but damn. Best gift ever, HemiEd.

Miles
06-13-2014, 10:32 PM
Much of the same sentiments as above. Sorry to hear about your loss but enjoy your time doing whatever you want to.

WilliamTheIrish
06-14-2014, 12:50 AM
90 years. That is a good long life. May he travel well, Ed. And I hope you have a life as long and as fulfilling as your pops.

DTLB58
06-14-2014, 01:07 AM
Sorry for your loss. My dad died at 72. Way to 'young' he only got to enjoy 10 years of retirement. Enjoy every minute of yours. I'm sure it's well deserved. :thumb:

displacedinMN
06-14-2014, 12:22 PM
My dad died at 72. Was a farmer and NEVER retired. Said he would rest when then took him to St.Pete's. (cemetary)

Sorry for you and your family. I hope you enjoy your retirement-for a long time.

Buehler445
06-14-2014, 05:41 PM
Sorry about your pops Ed. We did some estate planning this Spring and the conclusion I've come to is I'm not ready for my parents to die.

As a correlary, on Thursday I went to a funeral for a friend of mine that was 49 and died in a plane crash. As much as losing your dad at 90 is, itbis fsvorable to doing it at 49. Additionally, take the Hell care of yourself. Can be over at any time.

I'm the executor of several trusts. Its not fun but its good that the owner of the trust trusts you.

I can't remember if you have farmland, but if you do and have questions, PM me.

bevischief
06-14-2014, 06:00 PM
Sorry to hear, glad he lived that long.