PDA

View Full Version : Life Did anyone here bank their babies cord blood?

El Jefe
06-16-2014, 11:48 AM
I never really thought about doing it, or even donating it. Recently one of my wife's relatives benefitted from cord blood that she needed fighting her cancer. I never really thought about it, I did read it can cost anywhere from $1400-$2300 to bank, plus a yearly fee. I think I would just donate it, to help anyone that needed it.

Anyone ever done it? I'm really interested to see if someone banked it for themselves and ended up using it.

SAUTO
06-16-2014, 11:52 AM
yes we have banked it from our last two babies. hoping someday they might figure out a way it could possibly help our disabled daughter in some way...

SAUTO
06-16-2014, 11:53 AM
I know its probably a pipe dream though but you never know and IF by some miracle one day it came about and we hadn't saved it we would kick ourselves, and its only money.

KCUnited
06-16-2014, 11:54 AM
Loving the food threads, guys, keep them cumming.

3 fingers Grey Goose
1 oz cord blood
6 splashes of tobassco
celery
pickle
green olives
cracked black pepper

Shake vigorously with ice, pour into pint glass rimmed with celery salt, and chillax like a baus.

Demonpenz
06-16-2014, 11:55 AM
if there was one food that people love that I hate it's cord blood

Prison Bitch
06-16-2014, 12:00 PM
I have never once heard of this term

tooge
06-16-2014, 12:00 PM
I put cord blood in my protein shake. It helps me get huuuuuuge!

Hammock Parties
06-16-2014, 12:01 PM
the best thing about the placenta is cold placenta sandwiches the next day

GloryDayz
06-16-2014, 12:03 PM
yes we have banked it from our last two babies. hoping someday they might figure out a way it could possibly help our disabled daughter in some way...

Awesome. Praying for you and yours that a cure is found..

Demonpenz
06-16-2014, 12:04 PM
My Baby's cord blood's first step is reminding scouts of Derrick Thomas

Pasta Little Brioni
06-16-2014, 12:38 PM
What do you think Manning feasted on after the neck injury?

The Franchise
06-16-2014, 12:43 PM
We didn't with our twins. The decision was made based on cost more than it was about the possibility of using it in the future.

SAUTO
06-16-2014, 01:09 PM
Awesome. Praying for you and yours that a cure is found..
thanks, there wont be a cure BUT hoping there is something to make her somewhat better.

we have seen huge improvements in awareness and interaction with the hyperbaric chamber

BucEyedPea
06-16-2014, 01:25 PM
My midwife advised placenta smoothies to restore vitality after birth.

El Jefe
06-16-2014, 01:26 PM

Dude, that is awesome. I sincerely hope and pray that they find something man. Never lose hope!

BucEyedPea
06-16-2014, 01:26 PM
thanks, there wont be a cure BUT hoping there is something to make her somewhat better.

we have seen huge improvements in awareness and interaction with the hyperbaric chamber

Really? That's some interesting info. I had some hyperbaric chamber treatments for a short bit but didn't know what it was supposed to do.

El Jefe
06-16-2014, 01:27 PM
We didn't with our twins. The decision was made based on cost more than it was about the possibility of using it in the future.

It is so prohibitive if you want to keep it yourself. But if something should happen (God forbid) it could potentially be a life saver. Tough decision, I don't have kids, but will, and just wanted to see what others decided. Thanks for your response.

Fish
06-16-2014, 01:52 PM
Really? That's some interesting info. I had some hyperbaric chamber treatments for a short bit but didn't know what it was supposed to do.

LMAO.... no doubt....

SAUTO
06-16-2014, 02:08 PM
[QUOTE=BucEyedPea;10695267]Really? That's some interesting info. I had some hyperbaric chamber treatments for a short bit but didn't know what it was supposed to do.[/QUOTE}my wife and daughter went to florida to a family who would volunteer the treatments for disabled kids for a month, like 80 treatments and we saw such an improvement we bought a chamber when they got home, my father in law had a stroke 18 months ago and uses it daily now too.

loochy
06-16-2014, 02:16 PM
What do you think Manning feasted on after the neck injury?

live feti

cosmo20002
06-16-2014, 03:24 PM

JFC :facepalm:

HemiEd
06-16-2014, 03:26 PM
My daughter did it last October with our newest Grandson. I had never heard of it at that time.

BucEyedPea
06-16-2014, 03:30 PM

my wife and daughter went to florida to a family who would volunteer the treatments for disabled kids for a month, like 80 treatments and we saw such an improvement we bought a chamber when they got home, my father in law had a stroke 18 months ago and uses it daily now too.
That's good. I never felt different on it for about 5 months once a week. Or after either. Though I wasn't really sick per se. Plus I was never told what it would do either to notice afterwards. I do know oxygen's good for you though.

Chief Roundup
06-16-2014, 03:30 PM
Never heard of this before. What is it suppose to do, why keep it?

HemiEd
06-16-2014, 03:37 PM

Cloning! It is the wave of the future!

The way I understood it, to use later in life for medical purposes to heal issues that may come up.

SAUTO
06-16-2014, 03:39 PM
That's good. I never felt different on it for about 5 months once a week. Or after either. Though I wasn't really sick per se. Plus I was never told what it would do either to notice afterwards. I do know oxygen's good for you though.

once a week isn't going to do much IMO. every day twice a day is whats recommended IIRC, hell some athletes sleep in them

BucEyedPea
06-16-2014, 03:42 PM
once a week isn't going to do much IMO. every day twice a day is whats recommended IIRC, hell some athletes sleep in them

That would have been expensive. My use was more for wellness as in detox and cleaning out. Probably, why I noticed no real change and it was just plain freaky getting inside the bag.

cosmo20002
06-16-2014, 03:48 PM

LMAO
I don't know why I'm doing this, but I'ma keep doing it...

wazu
06-16-2014, 03:52 PM

It can cure that child if they get Leukemia. There are other "in the future" uses where you are kind of betting on science. It's hard to justify the cost these days.

Easy 6
06-16-2014, 04:45 PM
I've never even heard of such a thing... umbilical cord blood?

Whats the benefit, maybe its purity?

The Franchise
06-16-2014, 04:54 PM

Stem cells I believe.

Fish
06-16-2014, 04:57 PM

Cord blood is rich with stem cells.

But honestly, I think science is pretty close to being able to create usable stem cells for anybody. Personally I wouldn't put much money into this, because that high cost could be completely unnecessary in less than a decade.

Easy 6
06-16-2014, 04:58 PM
Stem cells I believe.

Ah thanks, a name I recognize... in that case I would say its a great move to set some of that back if you can afford to.

Never could understand some segments of society being so opposed to that research.

Easy 6
06-16-2014, 05:01 PM
Cord blood is rich with stem cells.

But honestly, I think science is pretty close to being able to create usable stem cells for anybody. Personally I wouldn't put much money into this, because that high cost could be completely unnecessary in less than a decade.

Were I rich, I'd probably go ahead and do it until the theory is fact... but it does seem like they're very close to some breakthroughs.

Chris Reeve was practically counting on it ten years ago, I hope they can make it viable.

jamesincanada
06-16-2014, 08:05 PM
We saved my daughter's cord blood and tissue, it's $1000 up front and $50 a year I think. We have a friend whose son was helped by it so we wanted to do it.

I tested positive for Huntington's disease (no symptoms yet) and it's genetic. It means my daughter will have a 50% chance of having it, so I hope if she gets it too it can help in her treatment some day.

I pay double that a year to insure my piece of shit car so it was worth it to me even if there is a chance it will never be used.

SAUTO
06-19-2014, 04:58 PM
Were I rich, I'd probably go ahead and do it until the theory is fact... but it does seem like they're very close to some breakthroughs.

Chris Reeve was practically counting on it ten years ago, I hope they can make it viable.

I not rich but if there was ANY chance my girl might say mommy and daddy one day its worth everything it cost x eleventybillion

Easy 6
06-19-2014, 05:47 PM

I not rich but if there was ANY chance my girl might say mommy and daddy one day its worth everything it cost x eleventybillion

This sounds real tough, very sorry to hear your daughter is having such a hard fight for life.

Chin up.

Deberg_1990
06-19-2014, 05:53 PM
Danzig wants your babys cord blood MFers!!!!

SAUTO
06-20-2014, 06:48 AM
This sounds real tough, very sorry to hear your daughter is having such a hard fight for life.

Chin up.

when she was born they said she would live 6 months at best...

she turned 13 in march.

shes a fighter.