PDA

View Full Version : Royals *** Official Kansas City Royals @ Detroit Tigers Game Thread (6/19) ***

Pages : [1] 2

alnorth
06-18-2014, 11:07 PM
12:08 pm

The AL Central ass-kicking Royals @ The last year's old news Detroit Tigers

Danny Duffy VS. Anibal Sanchez

Vegas Odds: DET -144, KC +134 (worse odds than yesterday? WTF?)

06-18-2014, 11:15 PM
jinx

KChiefs1
06-18-2014, 11:25 PM
ESPN.COM

Royals-Tigers Preview

Through all of the Detroit Tigers' recent pitching struggles, Anibal Sanchez has unfailingly provided manager Brad Ausmus with strong starts.

He'll need another to slow first-place Kansas City.

As good as Sanchez has been lately, he's been even better in his career against the Royals and will look to continue that trend Thursday as the Tigers try to avoid a four-game sweep.

"My goal wasn't to take three out of four when I left (for Detroit), my goal is to win every single game," Royals manager Ned Yost told MLB's official website.

Winner of 10 straight for the first time since stringing together 14 victories in 1994, Kansas City moved 1 1/2 games ahead of the Tigers with its eighth straight road win in Wednesday's 2-1 victory. A ninth in a row would give the Royals (39-32) their longest road winning streak since an 11-game run in 1977.

"Everything's going right for them right now," said Sanchez, who hasn't lost since April 21. "But at the end of the day, you need to give credit. They're playing good. They do the little things."

Former Tiger Omar Infante went 2 for 4 on Wednesday to extend his hitting streak to nine games and homered for the second time in this series, during which he has eight RBIs. Salvador Perez ran his hitting streak to 12 games while Billy Butler pushed his to eight, but after scoring 22 runs in the first two games in Detroit, the Royals fell back on other phases.

"We had to go back to our old way of doing things -- pitching and defense," Yost said.

The Tigers (36-32), who started the season with five straight wins over the Royals, are 6-14 at home since May 8 with an AL-worst 5.50 ERA and MLB-worst .297 opponent batting average. Overall, they've dropped 20 of 29.

"Really, for the most part, when we've struggled, our pitching has struggled," Ausmus said. "... Somehow, we've got to get that back on track."

After the Royals ripped Justin Verlander and Max Scherzer for 17 runs and 22 hits in the first two games of the series, now the Tigers' hottest pitcher tries to solve them.

Sanchez (3-2, 2.44 ERA) is 3-0 with a 1.91 ERA and .170 opponent batting average in his last seven starts. He beat Minnesota on Saturday, allowing three runs and four hits in 6 1/3 innings of a 12-9 victory.

He's been even stronger against Kansas City with an 0.99 ERA in five career starts, winning three and losing 1-0 games in the other two. Sanchez has won both outings against the Royals in Detroit with one run allowed in 16 1/3 innings.

No one in Kansas City's regular lineup has homered off Sanchez while he's held Perez (0 for 9), Mike Moustakas (1 for 10), Infante (3 for 18) and Eric Hosmer (3 for 16) in check.

He'll be opposed by Danny Duffy, who has been just as solid lately, going 2-0 with a 1.45 ERA and .164 opponent average in three starts this month. Duffy (4-5, 2.83) struck out a career high-tying nine in seven scoreless innings to earn the victory in Saturday's 9-1 win over the Chicago White Sox.

"Danny's been throwing the ball outstanding the last couple outings," Hosmer said. "It's really fun to see him kind of develop into a starting pitcher."

The 25-year-old Duffy is 1-4 with a 3.89 ERA in seven starts against Detroit. He has limited Austin Jackson to 2 for 14 and Alex Avila to 1 for 8. Avila is in a 1-for-14 slump.

Kansas City outfielder Nori Aoki sat out Wednesday after leaving the previous day with left groin discomfort.

Detroit outfielder Torii Hunter remained out with a hamstring issue.

Copyright by STATS LLC and The Associated Press

Kansas City Royals will look for the four-game sweep over the Detroit Tigers on Thursday afternoon.

Don’t look now, but the Royals have won 10 straight games and are a solid seven games above a .500 record. The Royals pitching has allowed three or less runs in seven of their last 12 games, while the offense has produced a combined 24 runs in the first three games of this series. Simply playing flawless baseball in the month of June, Omar Infante has hit safely in nine straight games and has eight RBI in this series alone. Danny Duffy gets the ball, and he’s 4-5 with a 2.83 ERA and has 42 strikeouts in 54 innings.

Duffy is 1-4 with a 3.89 ERA in seven career starts against the Tigers.

On the other side, the Tigers are 5-11 in the month of June and really look like a lost baseball team. The Tigers pitching staff now has an ERA of 4.22, which is 25th in the league, and they’ve allowed four or more runs in seven of their last 11 games. Offensively, Miguel Cabrera has gotten on base at least once in 12 straight games and Nick Castellanos has five extra base hits in his last eight games. Anibal Sanchez takes the hill, and he’s 3-2 with a 2.44 ERA and has 59 strikeouts in 62.2 innings.

Sanchez is 3-2 with a 0.99 ERA in five career starts against the Royals.

The Royals are 12-4 in Duffy's last 16 starts and 6-2 in Duffy's last 8 starts as a road underdog.

The Tigers are 3-7 in Sanchez's last 10 home starts and 2-5 in Sanchez's last 7 starts as a favorite.

The Royals are 6-15 in the last 21 meetings in Detroit.

Would you pick against the Royals at this point? Better yet, would you pick the Tigers to win? Yeah, me neither.

Read more at http://sportschatplace.com/

KChiefs1
06-18-2014, 11:44 PM
SI.COM

Blame it on the Zubaz: Reeling Tigers are stuck in major slump
Posted June 18, 2014

AL Central, Detroit Tigers
By Cliff Corcoran

Drew Smyly and the Tigers' rotation has fallen apart over the last month. (Paul Sancya/AP)

Drew Smyly and the rest of Detroit’s starting rotation has fallen apart over the last month of play. (Paul Sancya/AP)

With their 11-4 loss to the Royals on Tuesday, the Tigers fell out of first place in the American League Central for the first time since July 2 of last year. They then lost a matinee to Kansas City on Wednesday to fall 1 1/2 games back. The Royals, who have won 10 straight and will go for a sweep in Detroit in another afternoon tilt on Thursday, deserve their share of credit for overtaking their division rivals. But a closer look reveals that the change atop the AL Central standings is more directly the result of the Tigers’ collapse.

A quick summary of how Detroit got here: On May 18, it went out and beat the Red Sox in Fenway Park, 6-2, behind a solid start from Anibal Sanchez (who came off the disabled list that very day). That win, the Tigers’ sixth in a row, improved their record to 27-12 (.692) and extended their lead in the AL Central to seven games over Kansas City. With the best winning percentage and second-best run-differential in the majors and Sanchez back in the fold, Detroit was an easy pick for the top spot in our Power Rankings the next morning.

Since then, the Tigers have gone 9-20, the worst record in baseball over that stretch.

“You don’t just lose it overnight,” Detroit’s rookie manager, Brad Ausmus, said after Tuesday night’s loss, but his starting rotation appears to have done exactly that. Sanchez has pitched well since returning, posting a 2.04 ERA in six starts including that Sunday night game in Boston and turning in five quality starts in five turns since. He has been the exception. Here’s how the Tigers’ other four starters have pitched this season before and after that May 18 game (Drew Smyly’s stats in games started only, not including Wednesday’s start):

ERA before 5/18 ERA since 5/18
Justin Verlander 3.15 7.88
Max Scherzer 1.83 6.86
Rick Porcello 2.91 6.00
Drew Smyly 3.29 4.84
Total 2.71 6.56

To that bunch you can add closer Joe Nathan, who, prior to May 18, converted 11 of 13 save opportunities without taking a loss, posting a 3.24 ERA. Since then, he has blown two of his four save chances, lost twice (one overlapping with a blown save) and posted a 13.50 ERA.

From May 19 through Tuesday night, opponents have had roughly a season’s worth of at-bats against Detroit’s rotation (691 ABs) and have collectively put up All-Star numbers, hitting .297/.356/.491 with 24 home runs, 105 RBIs and 52 doubles. The bullpen, meanwhile, has been hit to a .291/.377/.425 tune over the same span. As a team, the Tigers have allowed 6.1 runs per game over their 28-game swoon, and opponents have hit .295/.363/.470 against them.

That’s not to acquit the offense entirely. During the aforementioned period Victor Martinez and Miguel Cabrera have hit like MVP candidates, rookie third baseman Nick Castellanos has found his stroke (hitting .326/.376/.446 since May 19) and rookie shortstop Eugenio Suarez and platoon leftfielder J.D. Martinez have had small-sample success. But the lineup had produced just 4.1 runs per game entering Wednesday. Austin Jackson and Torii Hunter are the biggest concerns there, as both saw their bats go cold in early May and have yet to recover. But those struggles still pale in comparison with those of the pitching staff.

So why did the Tigers’ best pitchers all go bad at the same time? The timing is clearly a coincidence, but there are explanations in most cases. Porcello battled some tightness in his right side in his last start prior to May 18 and had his first start after that date pushed back (spot-starter Robbie Ray gave up seven runs in 3 1/3 innings in a 9-2 loss to the Rangers). Lingering issues there plus a little correction on his .266 opponents average on balls in play prior to May 18 could explain his problems. As for Smyly, who has seen the least dramatic change in his performance, pitched in relief all of last year, made just five starts prior to May 18, and has pitched well in his last two starts (6 IP, 1 ER in both) prior to Wednesday’s game, so it’s too soon to assert that there has been a meaningful change in the level of his performance.

As for Verlander, there are legitimate concerns about the erosion of his velocity and control that stretch back to last year, to which we can add a sharp decline in his strikeout rate this year. Taken in concert with his heavy workloads from 2009-12 and the very similar collapses of other workhorse aces in recent years, all of those factors are ominous. There’s a good chance that Verlander’s decline could be permanent — not because he can’t survive in the major leagues with a fastball that averages 94 mph rather than 96, but because that drop in velocity in combination with everything else suggests underlying physical issues.

That brings us to Tuesday night’s starter, Scherzer, who seemed to pick right up from his Cy Young performance to start the season but has now been hit hard in five of his last six starts. He is difficult to figure, particularly because the one exception in those last six starts was the first complete game and shutout of his career. Scherzer’s velocity is down a smidge, but not enough to be a concern (less than one mile per hour on the season per BrooksBaseball.net). His peripherals have remained strong during his recent struggles. He has struck out 38 men in 39 1/3 innings (a tick below his usual dominance, but still close to one per inning) and walked just nine over those six starts (4.22 K/BB over that stretch), and while his home runs are up, prior to Tuesday night, he hadn’t allowed two in a game since last August.

Scherzer’s self-diagnosis after Tuesday’s game was that he wasn’t making good pitches with two strikes.

I’m just not putting guys away. If I’m throwing offspeed out of the zone, it’s too far out of the zone. I’m throwing fastballs over the middle of the plate, not located. … The at-bat that really drove me crazy tonight was Salvador Perez. I got 0-2 on him. I’m in the count where I’m in control, I’m in the driver’s seat. I’m ready to collect an out. Instead, I throw four straight balls and walk him. … When I watch video, you see these things happen over and over. The 1-2 counts that I’m stressing to get into, and I’m not putting guys away. … I have to make a few adjustments and make my offspeed pitches better. At the same time, now that I know that, I have the mentality to go and fix it. It should be fun to do over the next four days, and I’m looking forward to my start against Cleveland.

There’s another theory, of course, and that’s that something happened on the night of the 18th that jinxed Detroit’s season. You see, that was the night that the entire team decided to dress in tiger-striped Zubaz for its flight to Cleveland. Verlander was among several players who tweeted photographs of himself in the tacky, retro duds along with the hashtag #dressforsuccess. The first thing that happened after the Tigers boarded their plane in those outfits was that their flight was cancelled due to mechanical issues. The Tigers didn’t get back to their hotel until 3:30 a.m. and didn’t get out of Boston until Monday afternoon for a 7 p.m. start in Cleveland.

The Tigers lost to the Indians that night and went 4-10 between the cancelled flight and their next off-day on June 2. They haven’t been the same team since. Coincidence? Probably, but if this doesn’t summarize the last month of Detroit baseball

KChiefs1
06-19-2014, 12:01 AM
Freepicks.com

Royals at Tigers 6/19/14
Posted on 19 June 2014 by Adam

Kansas City Royals (39-32) vs. Detroit Tigers (36-32)

MLB: 1:08 PM EST June 19, 2014

Latest Odds: Detroit -149 Over/Under 8

The Kansas City Royals have never, conventionally, been thought of as late season players. It seems that, in 2014, they are trying to shake that image. The boys in blue are 1st in the AL Central and sporting a 39-32 record. With Comerica Park on the horizon and Miguel Cabrera looming with his big bat, the Royals will have to prove that they are a different team.

While Detroit has scuffled as of late, dropping to 36-32, they still possess one of the most potent hitting lineups in all of baseball. Miguel Cabrera and Victor Martinez simply cannot be matched by most other 1-2 combinations.

Detroit will look to their vaunted big bats to give Anibal Sanchez some support on the mound. Since returning from injury, the 30 year old Venezuela native is 3-2 with a 2.44 ERA. Not bad numbers for a team in need of pitching. Victor Martinez leads the team in hits with 86, homers with 17, and OBP with a .391 average.

For the Royals, much of their success has come from their balanced approach to the game. A middle of the pack rotation has been bolstered by a team that knows how to draw contact. Alcides Escobar is the top dog with a .295 average.

Recent Betting Trends:

KC are 8-0 in their last 8 road games.

KC are 13-3 in their last 16 overall.

DET are 5-16 in their last 21 games as a favorite.

Over is 12-4-1 in DET last 17 Thu. games.

Over is 9-3-1 in DET last 13 games as a favorite.

Free Betting Pick: Kansas City Royals +139

Some oddsmaker has fallen and hit their head, the Royals have won 10 in a row and are underdogs for 4th straight day, well take that. Royals pitching has been great and it continue as Duffy will outduel Sanchez for the Tigers on getaway day. Even better the Tigers bats have stunk up the joint for nearly a month while KC has been on fire.

Great price on the underdogs, final score prediction, Kansas City wins 5-3.

SPchief
06-19-2014, 01:16 AM
Freepicks.com
Middle of the pack rotation?

teedubya
06-19-2014, 01:42 AM
I made this tonight from all of the social buzz about the Royals right now.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/19/3etuzy3a.jpg

KCUnited
06-19-2014, 05:25 AM
"Working" from home this afternoon.

BlackHelicopters
06-19-2014, 05:41 AM
In with a broom.

Dunerdr
06-19-2014, 05:48 AM
Let's get it on!

Dartgod
06-19-2014, 06:09 AM
1n for the w1n!

I made this tonight from all of the social buzz about the Royals right now.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/19/3etuzy3a.jpg

That's pretty bad ass.

Ceej
06-19-2014, 06:10 AM
Put four hours in and just left work early.

Now, to do "housework" and errands until noon.

Shogun
06-19-2014, 06:23 AM
THIS ONE GOES TO ELEVEN

Dartgod
06-19-2014, 06:40 AM
THIS ONE GOES TO ELEVEN

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_SWsPX9goUjE/TSCT4wnx18I/AAAAAAAAAKU/YFFdD53fxQ0/s1600/marshall11spinaltap.jpg

Nice! FYP...

ChiTown
06-19-2014, 06:40 AM
On it for number 11!

Headed to KC this weekend to catch the ENTIRE series with the M's. WOOT!

WhawhaWhat
06-19-2014, 06:47 AM
THIS ONE GOES TO ELEVEN

I just learned this the other day.. if you go to IMDB the star ratings for each movie are 1 to 10, if you look up This is Spinal Tap the star rating goes to 11.

SPchief
06-19-2014, 07:22 AM
I'll be at work. Only the 2nd game in this streak I won't be watching

okcchief
06-19-2014, 07:31 AM
It's so nice to have a team in the race again. Usually, I'm in waiting for football mode now. The last time I was this excited about baseball I barely had pubes.

Why Not?
06-19-2014, 08:14 AM
In for the Bert Bly

RockChalk
06-19-2014, 08:16 AM
On it for number 11!

Is your name Rany ?

ChiTown
06-19-2014, 08:26 AM
Is your name Rany ?

:D

I assume Rany is coming in town from Chicago to catch the series?

Canofbier
06-19-2014, 08:28 AM
THIS ONE GOES TO ELEVEN

http://i.imgur.com/ArTf5gG.gif

teedubya
06-19-2014, 08:33 AM
It sucks that I'm going out of town. I'd love to see Greinke's return to the K. It's going to be PACKED.

We raped the Brewers, though. Cain + Escobar for Greinke = winning.

teedubya
06-19-2014, 08:34 AM

what in the sam hell?

RockChalk
06-19-2014, 08:40 AM
:D

I assume Rany is coming in town from Chicago to catch the series?

Yes. He tweeted that he was coming to test just how hot we are.

KChiefs1
06-19-2014, 08:52 AM
On it for number 11!

Coming in for the wiffleball game?

TLO
06-19-2014, 09:33 AM

Reported.

bsroyals54
06-19-2014, 10:44 AM
I just now figured out what animal Joel Goldberg looks like, a Great White Shark

ChiTown
06-19-2014, 10:56 AM
Let's sweep these BITCHES!

Three7s
06-19-2014, 11:04 AM
At work again today. Sweep em for me and get us 11 in a row!

Blankey
06-19-2014, 11:08 AM
Gordon is out wtf

Dartgod
06-19-2014, 11:09 AM
Annnnnnnnd, we're off!

Aoki with a leadoff double.

blake1771
that's about as much power as i have seen out of Aoki

Bruiser
good start

Dartgod
06-19-2014, 11:10 AM
Gordon is out wtf

Ned just giving him a breather?

Old Dog
no link on strikzone today :(

Mr. Laz
Gordon out

Aoki only gets a double off the wall?

playing small ball already?

:(

petegz28
06-19-2014, 11:12 AM
nice start...

blake1771
06-19-2014, 11:13 AM
we seriously suck at getting runners over.

TLO
06-19-2014, 11:14 AM
Need a big hit here to score Aoki.

Dartgod
06-19-2014, 11:15 AM
Come on Billay!

AndChiefs
The team has yet to provide a reason for Gordon's removal, but the timing of the scratch suggests an injury is in play. Jarrod Dyson will slot in to left field in his absence, and given that he's currently the only reserve outfielder on the active roster, he will likely continue to start if Gordon misses additional time.

TLO
1-0 Royals!

bsroyals54
**** it, should of stole 3rd with no outs, they know we're not going to steal w/ no outs so why not just get a big jump? Edit: I'm a bit behind

stonedstooge
HAHA 1 zip

petegz28
Good hit, Billy...nice to see you come through in the clutch

Bruiser
06-19-2014, 11:16 AM
On the board early again

Dartgod
Wooohoo, Billay!!

1-0

blake1771
way to pick 'em up Billy Boy!

Mr. Laz
Billy!!!

He even went down the 1st base line!!!!!

petegz28
The team has yet to provide a reason for Gordon's removal, but the timing of the scratch suggests an injury is in play. Jarrod Dyson will slot in to left field in his absence, and given that he's currently the only reserve outfielder on the active roster, he will likely continue to start if Gordon misses additional time.

Yep..he has the flu

TLO
Gordon is out with flu like symptoms.

Mr. Laz
Gordon out with the flu

better than an injury

blake1771
saying flu-like symptoms for Gordon, for those of you not watching the broadcast.

alnorth
06-19-2014, 11:17 AM
Apparently Gordon was a late scratch. What happened, Ned wait till the last minute before deciding to give him a day off?

AndChiefs
Yep..he has the flu

Whew, thanks.

alnorth
Gordon out with the flu

better than an injury

okie doke

bsroyals54
06-19-2014, 11:18 AM
Already scored off Sanchez, this is looking good.

dlphg9
06-19-2014, 11:20 AM
Stream?

Dartgod
06-19-2014, 11:22 AM
Radio stream

http://www.mainstreamnetwork.com/listen/player.asp?station=kwrt-am&

bsroyals54
06-19-2014, 11:22 AM
Makin quick work of these dildo's

TLO
06-19-2014, 11:26 AM
HIEDI HEDI HEDI HI... HEE DE HEE DE HEE DE HEE

Three7s
06-19-2014, 11:26 AM
Duffy losing his command?

Bruiser
06-19-2014, 11:27 AM
deep breath Duffy

bsroyals54
06-19-2014, 11:29 AM
how do you strike this guy out, gotta be J Guth

blake1771
06-19-2014, 11:30 AM
how many fouls off is that. geez.

mr. tegu
06-19-2014, 11:31 AM
Radio stream

http://www.mainstreamnetwork.com/listen/player.asp?station=kwrt-am&

Thanks!

AndChiefs
06-19-2014, 11:32 AM
Finally.

TLO
11 pitch at bat. Dyson made me a little nervous on that one.

Old Dog
how many fouls off is that. geez.

7 according to gamecast

bsroyals54
06-19-2014, 11:33 AM
Good recovery, I think he will look a lot better as the game goes on. Lets get some more runs

ChiTown
23 pitches............a lot of work for Duffy

blake1771
pretty epic battle. V. Martinez singlehandedly blowing up Duffy's pitch count though

C3HIEF3S
06-19-2014, 11:34 AM
23 pitches............a lot of work for Duffy

Nothing he could do though, he was making some good pitches.

ChiTown
06-19-2014, 11:35 AM
Nothing he could do though, he was making some good pitches.

No argument, just stating a fact.

Mr. Laz
06-19-2014, 11:36 AM
need a couple of quick innings to get back on pitch count

bsroyals54
06-19-2014, 11:37 AM
Stay hot esky

alnorth
06-19-2014, 11:38 AM
Our bullpen will probably have at least 3 innings today.

ChiTown
06-19-2014, 11:39 AM
Way too easy....

bsroyals54
06-19-2014, 11:40 AM
Can't be complaining up 1-0, all eyes on Duffy to pitch a hell of a game

ChiTown
06-19-2014, 11:43 AM
Our bullpen will probably have at least 3 innings today.

Herrera is available, as he pitched to one batter yesterday, and he could probably go two innings today, if he doesn't waste a bunch of pitches. Crow is most likely going to get some work, and so could Coleman. Let's hope Duffy is efficient with his pitches this inning. Really would like to have 5+ innings from him today.

C3HIEF3S
06-19-2014, 11:46 AM
Sit down

bsroyals54
Mow em' down

ChiTown
Well done, Danny Boy!

Anyong Bluth
06-19-2014, 11:49 AM
Hud is in his own world.

Talking about Duffy and says a couple years ago Leyland would always ask about Duffy and loved him...

Rex wasn't even with the Royals, so why would he be talking to him about Duffy?

:confused::eek:

KChiefs1
06-19-2014, 11:50 AM
JGuts is a funny guy.

Captain Obvious
06-19-2014, 11:52 AM
So no TV stream today?

Three7s
06-19-2014, 11:53 AM
Royals offense not looking good against Sanchez.

duncan_idaho
06-19-2014, 11:53 AM
Herrera is available, as he pitched to one batter yesterday, and he could probably go two innings today, if he doesn't waste a bunch of pitches. Crow is most likely going to get some work, and so could Coleman. Let's hope Duffy is efficient with his pitches this inning. Really would like to have 5+ innings from him today.

Crow is not a bad matchup against this lineup because it is so right hand dominant, if they need him.

However, with Holland, Davis and Herrera all likely available, they probably don't need him.

bsroyals54
06-19-2014, 11:54 AM
Royals offense not looking good against Sanchez.

We didn't look good vs verlander til the 5th I believe

Mr. Laz
06-19-2014, 11:55 AM
going to need Salvy and Cain to produce some runs today

ROYC75
06-19-2014, 11:57 AM
Never fear, I'm finally here.

Daggum doctors office was slow.

bsroyals54
Good effort Hos, nice to see them playin hard

Mr. Laz
Hosmer loves diving around

ROYC75
What a play by Hosmer!

Three7s
06-19-2014, 11:58 AM
Duffy, owning them.

ChiTown
Oh Baby, a 7 pitch inning. Much needed and appreciated.

ROYC75
Way to go Duffy, nice easy 123 inning!

KCCHIEFS27
Unfortunately, strikeout.co doesn't have a link to the game so it looks like I'll be keeping up through gamecast and here.

duncan_idaho
06-19-2014, 11:59 AM
We didn't look good vs verlander til the 5th I believe

Sanchez is tough. Just need to work counts and try to elevate the pitch count.

Speaking of PC, that was a good inning for Duffy. Would love to get 7 strong from him again and again turn it over to Davis and Holland for the demoralizing, dominant closeout.

blake1771
06-19-2014, 12:01 PM
Sanchez is tough. Just need to work counts and try to elevate the pitch count.

Speaking of PC, that was a good inning for Duffy. Would love to get 7 strong from him again and again turn it over to Davis and Holland for the demoralizing, dominant closeout.j

except the Royals don't do that. they swing early and often. and even in the beginning of this game they said the game plan was to swing early against Sanchez.

ROYC75
06-19-2014, 12:01 PM
How did we score ?

ChiTown
06-19-2014, 12:02 PM
Hosmer just looks bad.........

ChiTown
06-19-2014, 12:02 PM
How did we score ?

doubles by Aoki and Butler in the first

duncan_idaho
06-19-2014, 12:04 PM
j

except the Royals don't do that. they swing early and often. and even in the beginning of this game they said the game plan was to swing early against Sanchez.

Have you not watched recently? They have been very patient during the current hot streak.

Sanchez throws a lot of early strikes, and you can't let him get up in the count, but that doesn't mean you can't work the count.

Mr. Laz
06-19-2014, 12:08 PM
Have you not watched recently? They have been very patient during the current hot streak.

Sanchez throws a lot of early strikes, and you can't let him get up in the count, but that doesn't mean you can't work the count.
a bit of an exaggeration

They have been more patience than their norm ....

blake1771
06-19-2014, 12:08 PM

yes i watch every game. and no i don't see us being more patient. i just have seen us be more effective with RISP and more HR's.

and yes, i know he throws a lot of early strikes thus their game plan, right or wrong.

ChiTown
06-19-2014, 12:09 PM
2 pitches, two hits, tie game.

Dartgod
Fuck!

petegz28
Well, we couldn't really expect to win 1-0, could we?

ChiTown
06-19-2014, 12:10 PM
Well, we couldn't really expect to win 1-0, could we?

Well, the way Sanchez is rolling, 2 runs for the Tigers could do it

Mr. Laz
06-19-2014, 12:10 PM
other teams seem to score so quickly and easily

The Royals seem painfully slow by comparison

bsroyals54
06-19-2014, 12:11 PM
Really?

-King-
Wow Escobar

stonedstooge
Esky is fucking phenomenal

Mr. Laz
He's out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

-King-
06-19-2014, 12:12 PM
Holy shit! He really did it!

bsroyals54
Excellent throw, but thats all on Cabrera's lazy ass

blake1771
he's out!

kevonm
http://www.wiz1.net/channel27

popups of course

C3HIEF3S
LOL

ChiTown
HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!

TLO
LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

cmh6476
06-19-2014, 12:13 PM
It sucks that I'm going out of town. I'd love to see Greinke's return to the K. It's going to be PACKED.

We raped the Brewers, though. Cain + Escobar for Greinke = winning.

also can't forget odorizzi

bsroyals54
There have been some ridiculous moments this series.

ROYC75
Nice play .....

AndChiefs
Crap

Blankey
06-19-2014, 12:14 PM
wtf how did that get out

stonedstooge
Cain would have had that

Mr. Laz
just lost the signal for the game

WTF!?!

ChiTown
Mother fycker!

bsroyals54
that looked like a damn popup...

Dartgod
Well, fuck...

ROYC75
Nice play .....

Play is huge now after the Tater ball....

Tie game 1 - 1

KChiefs1
Only a solo shot.

Mr. Laz
06-19-2014, 12:15 PM
just lost the signal for the game

WTF!?!

AndChiefs
06-19-2014, 12:15 PM
I don't have a good feeling about this game.

Dartgod
06-19-2014, 12:16 PM
Play is hugh now after the Tater ball....

Tie game 1 - 1

No, 1-2. They plated one on Cabrerra's double.

KChiefs1
06-19-2014, 12:16 PM
Need to score 4-5 runs this game to win.

bsroyals54
06-19-2014, 12:17 PM
Sanchez has been coming down the middle a lot, only going to be a matter of time

ChiTown
06-19-2014, 12:17 PM
Got to really be smart against Sanchez the rest of the way. Work this dude hard and lets see if we can somehow get to their pen.

stonedstooge
06-19-2014, 12:18 PM
I don't have a good feeling about this game.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lu3VTngm1F0?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

AndChiefs
06-19-2014, 12:19 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lu3VTngm1F0?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's BRFS. Battered Royals Fan Syndrome.

seaofred
06-19-2014, 12:20 PM
Joel Goldberg ‏@goldbergkc · 2m
#Royals down 2-1, facing Anibal Sanchez, who has never allowed more than 1 run in a game in 5 career starts vs KC

ChiTown
06-19-2014, 12:23 PM
Dyson drag bunt? Maybe?

bsroyals54
06-19-2014, 12:23 PM
Aoki earn your leadoff spot here buddy

stonedstooge
06-19-2014, 12:26 PM
Dammit

bsroyals54
fucking slapdick

kevonm
jesus

ROYC75
06-19-2014, 12:27 PM
Blah, a wasted opportunity there!

Canofbier
06-19-2014, 12:27 PM
Bummer. Still, the longer each inning is the better even if we don't score.

Three7s
06-19-2014, 12:28 PM
Why is Aoki still on this team? He does absolutely nothing.

Prison Bitch
06-19-2014, 12:28 PM
Aoki has been a dreadful hitter. Much worse than anyone could've imagined. He is a dead spot in the lineup and he needs to go if we are serious. Just let Dyson play if you have to

Canofbier
06-19-2014, 12:29 PM

Today isn't the best example of this, you know...he doubled in his first at-bat and is responsible for the one run we do have.

Captain Obvious

Well, except for leading off the game with a double and then scoring our only run so far....

bsroyals54

But, but hes Asian.

Three7s
06-19-2014, 12:30 PM
Well, except for leading off the game with a double and then scoring our only run so far....
Congrats to him? He's a slap-hitter 95% of the time and an atrocious outfielder.

mr. tegu
06-19-2014, 12:31 PM
Congrats to him? He's a slap-hitter 95% of the time and an atrocious outfielder.

Where are you getting this idea from?

Canofbier
06-19-2014, 12:31 PM

He's admittedly been an underachieving player for us this year, but he was a valuable player for the Brewers. We'll see how his second half of the year goes.

Three7s
06-19-2014, 12:32 PM
Where are you getting this idea from?
You've never seen his routes to the ball?

Captain Obvious

It's ok to admit you overreacted and were wrong. We'll forgive you.

mr. tegu
The Tigers are wasting a ton of Duffy's pitches with foul balls.

-King-
Technical difficulties?

bsroyals54
You guys getting this technical difficulty shit?

shakesthecat
Is Three7s a pete dupe?

kevonm
06-19-2014, 12:33 PM
http://www.wiz1.net/channel27 stream

Canofbier
06-19-2014, 12:34 PM
My MLB.tv stream is working fine, and I'm watching the KC broadcast.

mr. tegu
You've never seen his routes to the ball?

Is that the only thing you can point at to justify he is an atrocious outfielder? Something which is also very subjective, mind you. That is ridiculous.

bsroyals54
I have a feeling we rip Sanchez in the 6th

Ceej
06-19-2014, 12:35 PM
Let's get Duffy some runs!

ROYC75
06-19-2014, 12:35 PM
Come on bats, let's get it going!

We need this game in the win column.

ROYC75
06-19-2014, 12:36 PM
Is Gordo OK or just a day off ?

ChiTown
Let's get Duffy some runs!

Danny has pitched very well, minus 2-3 pitches

Canofbier
Is Gordo OK or just a day off ?

Flu symptoms.

Canofbier
06-19-2014, 12:37 PM
Danny has pitched very well, minus 2-3 pitches

Yep. Even the pitch he threw on the HR was a decent one.

bsroyals54
06-19-2014, 12:38 PM
Unfortunate

Ceej
06-19-2014, 12:39 PM
Duffy has pitched very, very, very well today.

ChiTown
crap. Nice play

Three7s
Is that the only thing you can point at to justify he is an atrocious outfielder? Something which is also very subjective, mind you. That is ridiculous.
Yeah, cause getting creamed in the jewels happens to everyone with good instincts in the outfield.

For those that think I'm retarded, tell me one thing he's done this year that stands out from anyone else. Something that provides legit value.....not bunting.

ROYC75
06-19-2014, 12:40 PM
It sucks, but a nice play by Castowhateverhisname....

TLO
06-19-2014, 12:40 PM
"Hosmer is a future MVP"
-Hud

ChiTown
06-19-2014, 12:41 PM
Hos........................:banghead:

bsroyals54
06-19-2014, 12:41 PM
"Hosmer is a future MVP"
-Hud

Yea.... that had me scratchin my head

stonedstooge
06-19-2014, 12:42 PM
Good hustle Belly

Canofbier
omg

mr. tegu
Billy Dyson!

bsroyals54
whew.. Time for a 2 out rally make this guy work

-King-
Billy got wheels

TLO
Bill!

KCUnited
Butler was absolutely trucking into 2nd base.

AndChiefs
C'mon Sal!

Ceej
06-19-2014, 12:43 PM
Atta boy Belly.

Dartgod
Let's get him home!

ChiTown
Need a deep base hit by Sal

TLO
06-19-2014, 12:44 PM
Dale Sveum so sexy.

Ceej
06-19-2014, 12:45 PM
Dale Sveum so sexy.

mmmmmmmm

TLO
Shit.

Canofbier
Shit. Had a good feeling about that one.

kevonm
fucking check swings

Mr. Laz
Salvy fail

ROYC75
Damn, nice play by Martinez.

Captain Obvious
06-19-2014, 12:46 PM
Infante and Salvy suck. What have they done recently?!?! /another example of overreaction

ChiTown
06-19-2014, 12:47 PM
The good news.............probably only 1 more inning for Sanchez.

kevonm
Infante and Salvy suck. What have they done recently?!?! /another example of overreaction

you mean other than salvy's weird stance behind the plate?

duncan_idaho
Wish they'd gotten Sanchez's pitch count elevated to this level 1 inning sooner, but he likely only has 1 inning left. Means the top of the lineup will get a chance to come up against a reliever in the 8th, unless they let him cruise through the 7th on just a few pitches.

Three7s
06-19-2014, 12:48 PM
If you really think that's what I'm talking about, then you've never seen me post, probably ever.

KCCHIEFS27
06-19-2014, 12:50 PM
When you are on a winning streak these popups find a way out of play. When things go cold, they stay in play and wind up in gloves for outs. We've gotta find a way to win here. Grind out at bats and get a couple more runs across

bsroyals54
06-19-2014, 12:51 PM
Dodger have a disgusting amount of players, makes me sick

Mr. Laz
06-19-2014, 12:53 PM
Dodger have a disgusting amount of players, makes me sick

haven't they passed the Yankees as the highest payroll in the MLB?

bsroyals54
06-19-2014, 12:53 PM
haven't they passed the Yankees as the highest payroll in the MLB?

Yup, they're the most stacked team in the MLB by a lot

Three7s
06-19-2014, 12:54 PM
Yup, they're the most stacked team in the MLB by a lot
Not really sure why they aren't putting it together.

Mr. Laz
06-19-2014, 12:56 PM
19. Kansas City Royals $92,034,345

http://deadspin.com/2014-payrolls-and-salaries-for-every-mlb-team-1551868969

:eek:

i didn't realize the Royals payroll had gone this high

kevonm
06-19-2014, 12:57 PM
See that weird path Aoki took to the ball?

bsroyals54
6 solid innings, can't ask for more than that, lets get some damn offense going

ChiTown
Duffy should be out for the 7th. Great recovery

Mr. Laz
06-19-2014, 12:59 PM
Apparently we are going to have to steal this one late.

stonedstooge
06-19-2014, 01:00 PM
Ride one out Moose

ChiTown
06-19-2014, 01:00 PM
1 pitch 1 out. Great way to keep Sanchez in the game...........:banghead:

bsroyals54
06-19-2014, 01:01 PM
Alright. tying run on

ChiTown
WOOT! First walk given up by Sanchez. Nice job, Moose!

Mr. Laz
19. Kansas City Royals $92,034,345

:eek:

i didn't realize the Royals payroll had gone this high

5. Detroit Tigers $162,228,527

duncan_idaho
06-19-2014, 01:03 PM
Aoki has been disappointing, but he has at least shown signs of turning it around in the past few weeks. If he's going to hit .275 with a .350 SLG, he's going to need to get his OBP into the .350-.360 range to be a valuable player.

He's been a weak spot this year, but if his hitting continues to trend up as it has over the past few weeks, it may be a case of a player returning to his career norms. He's been a very consistent .285 BA/.355 OBP player in the majors, and if he can do that for KC the rest of the year, he'll be a nce piece as the top of the lineup.

bsroyals54
06-19-2014, 01:05 PM
He's throwing a lot right down the middle. And we take a lot of those

Canofbier
Gotta hope they send out their bullpen chumps next time around. If I were managing Detroit, I might actually send Sanchez out for another inning.

ChiTown
Hopefully, that does it for Sanchez. The top of the order going against their pen........

KCCHIEFS27
06-19-2014, 01:07 PM
We haven't seen a late inning come from behind win yet during this streak. Let's make it happen boys!

Three7s
06-19-2014, 01:08 PM
Aoki has been disappointing, but he has at least shown signs of turning it around in the past few weeks. If he's going to hit .275 with a .350 SLG, he's going to need to get his OBP into the .350-.360 range to be a valuable player.

He's been a weak spot this year, but if his hitting continues to trend up as it has over the past few weeks, it may be a case of a player returning to his career norms. He's been a very consistent .285 BA/.355 OBP player in the majors, and if he can do that for KC the rest of the year, he'll be a nce piece as the top of the lineup.
All I was saying is that he provides no ability to drive the ball offensively with consistency and his defense, compared to our other three outfielders, is a liability. On this team, he should be a 4th outfielder. Of course, I state my thoughts and CP says you're retarded, yet no one could answer my question other than you, as usual.

ROYC75
06-19-2014, 01:09 PM
Come on Danny, another 123 inning.

Nice play MOOSE!

bsroyals54
06-19-2014, 01:10 PM
Could Cain really have made that catch in RF? I don't remember how deep it was.

ChiefsCountry
06-19-2014, 01:10 PM
If the streak has to end, its better it happens on the road. We got 9 straight at home, need to make everybody happy after those.

kevonm
06-19-2014, 01:11 PM
All I was saying is that he provides no ability to drive the ball offensively with consistency and his defense, compared to our other three outfielders, is a liability. On this team, he should be a 4th outfielder. Of course, I state my thoughts and CP says you're retarded, yet no one could answer my question other than you, as usual.

again good timing

ChiTown
06-19-2014, 01:11 PM
DUFFY!:clap:

Three7s
06-19-2014, 01:12 PM
again good timing
Who are you again?

ChiTown
06-19-2014, 01:13 PM
Joba the Hut pitching. **** this guy up!

ROYC75
06-19-2014, 01:14 PM
Let's dobba the Joba..... Other words, kick his ass.

duncan_idaho

Yeah, if he's going to slug .350, he's got to match that with OBP to stay in the lineup and avoid hurting the team.

You can afford to have a speed OBP type who doesn't drive the ball as your leadoff hitter, as long as that guy actually succeeds in getting on base. His background indicates he's better at both than he's shown so far.

Hopefully, it's small sample size and a slump. If it isn't, it's a spot you upgrade at the trade deadline.

bsroyals54
Come on, Slapdick!

alnorth
Remember, the reason why the Tigers have been struggling is because their bullpen has been a steaming pile of crap. We got 2 innings against that useless group of hurlers.

kevonm
Who are you again?

An infrequent poster?

AndChiefs
06-19-2014, 01:16 PM
There you go Aoki!

bsroyals54
Aoki damn near fell down after hitting that...

stonedstooge
Clumsy single by Aoki

ROYC75
Single

bsroyals54
STEAL 2ND SLAPDICK!

ROYC75
06-19-2014, 01:17 PM
Come on Omar!

Go yard, again!

Dartgod
How sweet would it be if Omar hits his 3rd homer of the series????

AndChiefs
Having some bad luck today.

Canofbier
Dang, poor luck. Two out of the last three at-bats involving line drives hit right at a guy.

ROYC75
06-19-2014, 01:18 PM
STEAL 2ND SLAPDICK!

Can't, wounded leg.

mr. tegu
06-19-2014, 01:18 PM

Aoki has proven he can play, he runs the bases pretty well scoring 40% of the time he gets on. Since May 1st he only has 14 strikeouts.

And a liability on defense is not defined as being not as good as the other players around you. It just means you aren't as good. Is Infante a liability on defense? I mean he isn't as good as Esky and Hos on defense?

No one will argue he isn't about average or slightly below right now, but to call him atrocious, worthless, a liability etc. is ridiculous.