PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports 2014-2015 NBA regular season thread.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Al Bundy
06-19-2014, 05:47 PM
I will update this when the schedule is announced in a couple of weeks, but I will open with the new uniforms for the Charlotte Hornets below.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Introducing the brand new Charlotte <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23HornetsUnis&amp;src=hash">#HornetsUnis</a>! <a href="http://t.co/MgHy2DcOTX">http://t.co/MgHy2DcOTX</a> <a href="http://t.co/w59MlUvRgd">pic.twitter.com/w59MlUvRgd</a></p>&mdash; Charlotte Hornets (@hornets) <a href="https://twitter.com/hornets/statuses/479647398621626369">June 19, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

kcxiv
06-19-2014, 06:16 PM
Been waiting for the other nba thread to finish! lol

Anyways, should be an interesting offseason. Alot of what ifs can happen.

saphojunkie
06-19-2014, 06:25 PM
This draft is gonna get crazy. The Embiid injury throws a major monkey wrench into the top 10.

I'd love to see Sacramento trade McLemore and their 8th pick to Philly for the third. Something like:

Jason Thompson
Ben McLemore
8th pick

for

Jason Richardson's knee and expiring contract
3rd pick

SAC takes Dante Exum to be their PG

Philly gets to pair McLemore with MCW, and then grab Randle/McDermott/Stauskus/Young with the 8th and 10th picks.

KC_Connection
06-19-2014, 06:29 PM
Raptors should trade DeRozan and the #20 to Philly for the #3 pick. Take Embiid and start the rebuild.

Pitt Gorilla
06-19-2014, 06:31 PM
Someone should make Larry Bird explain why he traded the rights to Kawhi Leonard (and other assets) for George Hill. I know they already had Paul George, but teaming him with Leonard would have been sick.

TribalElder
06-19-2014, 06:32 PM
NBA

Pitt Gorilla
06-19-2014, 06:33 PM
This draft is gonna get crazy. The Embiid injury throws a major monkey wrench into the top 10.

I'd love to see Sacramento trade McLemore and their 8th pick to Philly for the third. Something like:

Jason Thompson
Ben McLemore
8th pick

for

3rd pick

Philly gets to pair McLemore with MCW, and then grab Randle/McDermott/Stauskus/Young with the 8th and 10th picks.Little known fact: McDermott signed a letter of intent to play for UNI. The bastard backed out after his daddy took the Creighton job.

ChiefsCountry
06-19-2014, 06:41 PM
For the Heat right now its 4 guys I want in the draft spot, unless somebody starts to fall.

Jordan Clarkson
Elfird Payton
Shabazz Napier
Mitch McGray

DaKCMan AP
06-19-2014, 06:43 PM
Miami opens as the Vegas favorite to win the title in 2015.

Mav
06-19-2014, 06:55 PM
Someone should make Larry Bird explain why he traded the rights to Kawhi Leonard (and other assets) for George Hill. I know they already had Paul George, but teaming him with Leonard would have been sick.

Because at the time they still had Danny Granger in his prime.

Mav
06-19-2014, 06:56 PM
And as a Hornets/Pelicans fan, im fucking stoked.

but, IF THE HORNETS DRAFT MCDERMOTT, im probably going to binge drink.

Pitt Gorilla
06-19-2014, 07:02 PM
Because at the time they still had Danny Granger in his prime.And? They could have dealt him and saved a significant amount of money and had insane talent going forward.

chiefzilla1501
06-19-2014, 07:02 PM

Really? I thought Bird built one hell of a team.

And then somewhere, they decided to bring in guys like Evan Turner and Bynum who CLEARLY threw everything way off. They took a good thing and got too cute.

ChiefsCountry
06-19-2014, 07:28 PM
Golden State looks to be the front runner for Kevin Love. Looking like they are adding Klay Thompson to the trade with David Lee and whatever else they need for salary purposes.

Titty Meat
06-19-2014, 07:36 PM
Golden State looks to be the front runner for Kevin Love. Looking like they are adding Klay Thompson to the trade with David Lee and whatever else they need for salary purposes.

That game at Sprint Center is going to be good.

SAUTO
06-19-2014, 07:42 PM
That game at Sprint Center is going to be good.

My wife asked if we could get tickets last night. My daughter loves basketball. I told her we should wait to see who's where first
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefsCountry
06-19-2014, 07:49 PM
My wife asked if we could get tickets last night. My daughter loves basketball. I told her we should wait to see who's where first
Posted via Mobile Device

I bought tickets to the one in 2010 in June to see Wade. By July, they added LeBron and Bosh and my second row tickets went sky high. Only people in front of me were the floor seats and it was mainly Chiefs players. Pretty cool night expect I didn't get to see Wade play. But saw LeBron and Durant and that was totally worth it.

Bowser
06-19-2014, 07:50 PM

Vegas wasn't built on the general public being smart.

okcchief
06-19-2014, 08:21 PM
That's irrelevant right now. No one knows what anyone's going to look like next year with the exception of the Spurs.

The Bad Guy
06-19-2014, 08:32 PM

Jason Thompson
Ben McLemore
8th pick

for

3rd pick

Philly gets to pair McLemore with MCW, and then grab Randle/McDermott/Stauskus/Young with the 8th and 10th picks.

There's no way the 6ers do that.

-King-
06-19-2014, 08:32 PM
There's no way that proposed trade for Kevin Love is going down. I refuse to believe Minnesota is THAT stupid. Yes they need to trade KLove, but they don't need to get raped in the process.

The Bad Guy
06-19-2014, 08:34 PM

Trade makes no sense to me if I'm a Wolves fan.

Lee's contract is miserable, and Thompson is going to be due a huge raise. The Wolves would just have the same issue with him that they have with Love in a years time.

Lee is going to give you 18/10 but the Wolves would get destroyed beyond belief with that defensive lineup on the floor.

Martin has a very reasonable 3 years at 21 million left on his deal.

If I'm the Wolves, I'm holding Love until the trade deadline.

The Bad Guy
06-19-2014, 08:35 PM
I wouldn't be shocked if Embiid fell to the Lakers.

Just Passin' By
06-19-2014, 08:36 PM

I would be, if the current order holds. I don't see any way that Ainge would let Embiid get by him.

The Bad Guy
06-19-2014, 08:38 PM
I would be, if the current order holds. I don't see any way that Ainge would let Embiid get by him.

You're probably right.

ChiefsCountry
06-19-2014, 08:41 PM

Knowing the Lakers luck that is probably true.

-King-
06-19-2014, 08:41 PM
Trade makes no sense to me if I'm a Wolves fan.

Lee's contract is miserable, and Thompson is going to be due a huge raise. The Wolves would just have the same issue with him that they have with Love in a years time.

Lee is going to give you 18/10 but the Wolves would get destroyed beyond belief with that defensive lineup on the floor.

Martin has a very reasonable 3 years at 21 million left on his deal.

If I'm the Wolves, I'm holding Love until the trade deadline.

Yep.

Klay’s father Mychal Thompson — the former No. 1 overall pick, the former member of the Showtime Lakers, and currently a Lakers broadcaster and sports talk radio host in L.A. — made it sound like the deal is very close, as reported by Monte Poole at CSNBayArea.com.

“My source knows what’s going on up there (in Oakland),” Thompson said Thursday morning on the air of ESPN LA 710. “And since this guy told me that this is really close to happening, it just kind of depressed me.”

It also depressed Klay. There had been talk about Love coming to the Bay Area but at first the Warriors were reticent to part with Thompson. That has changed.

“It’s disappointing, because Klay and I have been talking about this all summer and the possibility of this happening, as far as him and Kevin being together on the same team – along with Steph Curry,” Mychal Thompson said. “And he was really looking forward to that. He thought that if you added Love to the Splash Brothers, with (Andrew) Bogut and (Andre) Iguodala, they had a chance . . . to get to the West finals next year.

“If this happens, I’m going to have to talk him down off the ledge.”

Klay would not re-sign when he turns into a FA.

Al Bundy
06-19-2014, 08:47 PM
I really like Thompson, but if that deal goes down.. I will be, uhhm yeah.

Titty Meat
06-19-2014, 08:47 PM
So what moves do you guys think the Lakers make? I dont see them being a playoff team.

KC_Connection
06-19-2014, 10:19 PM
I'd be surprised if he even got that far. Noel only fell to 6 himself after tearing his ACL and he isn't anywhere near the caliber of prospect.

RustShack
06-20-2014, 12:11 AM
I was pulling for Embiid and then LeBron returning. Looks like Parker might be the pick now. Really hope we pull in Blatt though. He's been my choice for HC for a good month now.

RustShack
06-20-2014, 12:12 AM
Nuggets and Warriors are playing a random game at Wells Fargo in Des Moines October.

chiefzilla1501
06-20-2014, 01:37 AM
Crazy. Cavs will probably hire Blatt. Pretty excited about that. Granted, the Cavs aren't a team that can really take a risk/reward thing, but this is a pretty nice risk to take.

Mav
06-20-2014, 06:38 AM
I still think the denver offers is the best.

KC native
06-20-2014, 08:03 AM

LMAO Weren't they the favorites this year?

DaKCMan AP
06-20-2014, 08:34 AM
Riley, again, shows how a champion thinks

Perspective, vision, clarity, history — Riley sends a message to LeBron

Dave Hyde
Sun Sentinel Columnist
4:40 PM EDT, June 19, 2014
MIAMI

This was it. This was the moment. This was why Pat Riley is the legend he is.

"You want to trend something? I'm pissed," he first said in sitting down Thursday morning in AmericanAirlines Arena.

This is why the Heat are a championship organization and so many others wonder why they aren't.

"I think everybody needs to get a grip," he said. "Media. Heat players. Organization. All of our fans. We've got to get a grip. I've been here 45 years in the NBA. I've witnessed dynasties. I've witnessed great teams.
"The '80 Lakers — five championships in 12 years. So seven years, they didn't win. The Celtics were a great team for 12 years in the '80s. Three wins. Nine losses."

Jordan's Bulls? They lost for years. San Antonio, the team that just beat the Heat? They won five titles in 17 years.

"What's the math? They lost 12 times," he said.

Riley was at the crux of the sermon now, and it wasn't meant for you or me or anyone watching live on ESPN or NBA TV. It was meant for an audience of one — for LeBron James. Just him. Only him. And the question becomes how LeBron takes the challenge Riley threw.

"You've got to stay together if you've got the guts and you don't find the first door and run out of it," he said. "This is four years into this era for this team. Four [NBA] Finals. It's only been done three other times before. And two championships.

"From day one to the end, it was like a Broadway show. It ran out of steam. And we need to retool. We don't need to rebuild. We need to retool."

Give us the chance to retool, he was saying to LeBron. Trust us in the manner you did in 2010 when all LeBron and Chris Bosh had to bank on was trust.

"I'm not dropping championship rings on the table for those guys," he said, referring to the way he recruited LeBron then. "They can drop their own."
This was Riley at his best. Perspective? Vision? Clarity? Championship-proven leadership? All accompanied by the weight of history in a tent-revival delivery.

Oh, sure, there was smoke-and-mirrors fudging, such as when Riley tried to defend not re-signing Mike Miller last offseason or using the mid-level exception for a veteran. There's no real defending those except in Miller's case as a chance for owner Micky Arison to save some money. But in general?

"I've been a leader and a decision-maker," he said. "This has been a great run. It ended up like most losses. I know what it is to win. We watched it. The confetti drops. Everybody hugs each other, kisses each other.

"Men embrace. 'I love you, I love you.' They punch each other, 'Hey, bro, this is how it's going to be.' And it's true. This is what creates a forever bond. But what cements a forever bond is what we went through in a year like this and stay the course. Losing is just as much a part of it as winning is."

This is the voice few organizations ever have. He said coach Erik Spoelstra needs "to re-invent himself," which was harsh but true to keep players listening. He supported LeBron ["He knows I love him"], and Wade but he didn't publicly pander to the players the way most sports leaders do.

"One of the things that was a common thread [in exit interviews with the players] is they were mentally exhausted, mentally fatigued," he said. "I understand that. I don't accept it. I believe if you go to the Finals four years in a row, and you play more than anyone else, you've got to prepare for it.

"That's where you want to be, so you've got to prepare for it. If the players were saying this was a tough year, it was a grind every night — welcome to the NBA and world championships. They should all have a discussion with Bill Russell on winning eight straight championships."

No excuses, he said. Wouldn't you want that standard if a championship is your aim?

"What are you going to do to make the team better?" he said the players should be thinking, "because we have a long-term opportunity."

He came down from the throne. He changed the conversation about the Heat. He was strong and direct and once again set the bar for leadership of a championship organization beyond what most teams can deliver.

"I didn't come down here 19 years ago for a quick trip to South Beach and a suntan," he said. "I don't think these guys did, either."

Game 7 was scheduled for Friday night. Instead, we're hip-deep into such questions and disappointment that a historic, four-year run is sloughed off.
"Get a grip," Riley said.

He was asked if he told the players that.

"I'm telling them right now," he said.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/fl-dave-hyde-heat-0620-20140619,0,521859.column

#InRileyWeTrust

KC_Connection
06-20-2014, 08:49 AM
Riley better hope he didn't alienate his meal ticket. I also hope he has a better plan to sell than just a declining Wade/Bosh again. Because if LeBron doesn't return, the Heat might as well rebuild.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-20-2014, 08:59 AM
Riley better hope he didn't alienate his meal ticket. I also hope he has a better plan to sell than just a declining Wade/Bosh again. Because if LeBron doesn't return, the Heat might as well rebuild.

It was a desperation move; it's the only one he has, because he has no assets to play.

Regarding other potential moves:

1) I think the Embiid stuff is somewhat of an overblown smokescreen and he still goes #1 overall. If the Cavs draft Parker they have to sell the Notorious DNP for 10 cents on the dollar. It's not as bad if they draft Wiggins, but Waiters and Irving still dominate the ball too much for an effective scoring wing to maximize his abilities.

2) Whoever trades for Love won't be happy with him. Yes, he plays in the West, but he's not a winning player; he's a stat whore, and you'll only win a title if he's no higher than the third best player on the team.

KC native
06-20-2014, 09:40 AM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/fl-dave-hyde-heat-0620-20140619,0,521859.column

#InRileyWeTrust

#PopovichshitsonRiley

saphojunkie
06-20-2014, 09:44 AM
So what moves do you guys think the Lakers make? I dont see them being a playoff team.

I see them sucking for another year, cutting ties with Kobe, and signing Lebron.

DaKCMan AP
06-20-2014, 09:58 AM
#PopovichshitsonRiley

I know you're one of the Planet's "special" posters, but even you know 9 > 5.

KC native
06-20-2014, 11:49 AM

LMAO

So not only are you a douche, but stupid as fuck because you don't know that they've both won 5 championships.

Edit: LMAO @ you adding his championships he won as a player, assistant coach, and executive. Does your shallowness know no bounds?

SAUTO
06-20-2014, 11:51 AM
I see them sucking for another year, cutting ties with Kobe, and signing Lebron.

if LeBron opts out this year he isn't gonna be available next year though...

KC native
06-20-2014, 11:53 AM

I noticed you weren't around in the Playoffs thread also.

Did you watch your team get demolished or are you the typical Heat fan that quits on their team?

Al Bundy
06-20-2014, 12:04 PM
My question about Love is his defense.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
06-20-2014, 12:06 PM
#PopovichshitsonRiley

This

06-20-2014, 12:08 PM
Cleveland with an interesting move

RustShack
06-20-2014, 12:52 PM
So fucking glad we got Blatt. He's won everywhere he's been, and usually with lesser talented teams beating teams that he shouldn't be. He's an icon in Europe and reguarded as a offensive genius. His teams play very unselfishly and play good defense too. Excited to see what he does with all the young talent in Cleveland, and the top pick in the best draft since '03.

RustShack
06-20-2014, 12:54 PM
First guy to ever jump from Europe to NBA too. Golden State and the Timberwolves showed interest in him this year, and Boston did last year.

Al Bundy
06-20-2014, 10:31 PM
Love not going to be a Warrior, Wolves want too much.

KC_Connection
06-21-2014, 02:16 AM
1) I think the Embiid stuff is somewhat of an overblown smokescreen and he still goes #1 overall. If the Cavs draft Parker they have to sell the Notorious DNP for 10 cents on the dollar. It's not as bad if they draft Wiggins, but Waiters and Irving still dominate the ball too much for an effective scoring wing to maximize his abilities.

Wouldn't surprise me. Based on potential alone, I'd still take Embiid over anybody. But I'm not the GM who has to take the injury risk with him. Either way, I can't see him dropping past 3 or 4.

2) Whoever trades for Love won't be happy with him. Yes, he plays in the West, but he's not a winning player; he's a stat whore, and you'll only win a title if he's no higher than the third best player on the team.
Had an argument with my brother a while back about Love's viability on a potential contender. He believed the same as you about Love, but I suggested he could be a #2 for a winner as long as there is a strong defensive center playing with him that could cover up his defensive weaknesses.

chiefzilla1501
06-21-2014, 02:22 AM
It was a desperation move; it's the only one he has, because he has no assets to play.

With the hiring of Blatt, I think the pick has to be Wiggins. The guy plays outstanding defense and plays very unselfish basketball. At the very least, you have a guy who will unselfishly play within the system and that's a good thing to have when you have teammates who love to control the ball. I don't know how you can sell in Parker unless you want to go really safe.

KC_Connection
06-21-2014, 02:52 AM
With the hiring of Blatt, I think the pick has to be Wiggins. The guy plays outstanding defense and plays very unselfish basketball. At the very least, you have a guy who will unselfishly play within the system and that's a good thing to have when you have teammates who love to control the ball. I don't know how you can sell in Parker unless you want to go really safe.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LXt5JtlWnps" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This game told me all I needed to know about his potential to be a 2 way star in the NBA. So young and so many things left to improve upon (including his mentality), but if Cleveland doesn't want to take the Embiid risk, you'd think it would be him.

chiefzilla1501
06-21-2014, 03:30 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LXt5JtlWnps" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This game told me all I needed to know about his potential to be a 2 way star in the NBA. So young and so many things left to improve upon (including his mentality), but if Cleveland doesn't want to take the Embiid risk, you'd think it would be him.

I know it can't be Parker. Plays average defense and is a score first, sometimes poor shot selection player. Bad fit for Blatt's system where he wants great passers, unselfishly play, and guys who can defend.

Keep in mind that Blatt has some good system players who can play at Center. Varejao and Thompson and potentially they can also bring Hawes back, which is an ideal fit. They are hilariously light at Small Forward. So even with a healthy Embiid, Embiid is an obvious choice but Wiggins is such a nice fit that the pick would still be justified.

You really couldn't ask for a better situation for Wiggins. Coached by a great coach and put in a situation where not only does he not have to be "the guy," but his moving the ball around would actually be highly encouraged. That will give him time to develop, as a lot of his deficiencies can be coached.

okcchief
06-21-2014, 07:22 AM

I agree on Love.

okcchief
06-21-2014, 07:25 AM
Wouldn't surprise me. Based on potential alone, I'd still take Embiid over anybody. But I'm not the GM who has to take the injury risk with him. Either way, I can't see him dropping past 3 or 4.

Had an argument with my brother a while back about Love's viability on a potential contender. He believed the same as you about Love, but I suggested he could be a #2 for a winner as long as there is a strong defensive center playing with him that could cover up his defensive weaknesses.
I would agree on that as well. Houston would probably be the best spot for him, but I don't see them making a play.

KevB
06-21-2014, 08:55 AM
If you were Cleveland, would you take #3 and Thad Young (very solid player) for #1? Then take Embiid at 3 and wait for him to fully heal? Tough decisions for the Cavs.

RustShack
06-21-2014, 06:51 PM
Why is Wiggins being labeled as a SG? He isn't going to Cleveland if he's playing guard with Irving and Waiters already there. Embiid was going to be the pick if his back checked out 100%, so idk what's happening now with the foot. But they also do love Parker.

Al Bundy
06-21-2014, 07:31 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/21/report-lakers-in-talks-to-trade-no-7-pick-for-klay-thompson-as-part-of-deal-that-would-send-kevin-love-to-warriors/?utm_source=FB%20-%20NBC%20Sports%20-%20NBC%20Sports&utm_network=facebook&utm_post=2809132&utm_tags=

GloucesterChief
06-21-2014, 07:34 PM
For a C back and foot injuries are major concerns.

okcchief
06-21-2014, 09:24 PM
Klay Thompson to the Lakers makes zero sense.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-22-2014, 01:07 PM
Melo opts out, becomes free agent. Shocker.

Mav
06-22-2014, 02:02 PM
If I were Minny, I would do whatever it took to get Kenneth Faried to Minnesota.

mcaj22
06-22-2014, 02:20 PM
I dont find Love willing to sign an extension with a team with just Ty Lawson and Gallo coming off 2 years removed from ACL. Plus they would have to acquire Afflalo BACK just to sweeten the pot to Minny.

Bulls are also in the race for Afflalo to pair with the potential of attracting Melo in Chicago with Noah and a rehabbing Rose. Bulls have two draft picks to dangle at the Magic to make it happen.

KevB
06-22-2014, 02:23 PM
If I were Minny, I would do whatever it took to get Kenneth Faried to Minnesota.

He's a nice player, but he can't be the centerpiece to getting Love. Hustle and defense guy, but little offensive skill.

BigCatDaddy
06-23-2014, 03:25 PM
Timmy is back! I smell repeat.

KC_Connection
06-23-2014, 03:29 PM
Timmy is back! I smell repeat.
He had no reason to pass up 10M+. Spurs should be the favorite again barring LeBron's decision.

RustShack
06-23-2014, 04:36 PM
Cavaliers got Lue as associate coach! It was down to Blatt or Lue for our HC position, pretty awesome we were able to lock down both.

06-23-2014, 04:38 PM
Cavaliers got Lue as associate coach! It was down to Blatt or Lue for our HC position, pretty awesome we were able to lock down both.

Lue was actually considered for head coach and that doesn't concern you at all about the organization?

SAUTO
06-23-2014, 04:40 PM
Lue was actually considered for head coach and that doesn't concern you at all about the organization?

Lol no shit.

He was gonna possibly be hc now he's coming as asst c? Sounds like a clusterfuck to me.
Posted via Mobile Device

RustShack
06-23-2014, 04:51 PM

What's wrong with that? Doc obviously thought he was a good coach if he brought him to LA from Boston. Hiring former players without any coaching experience has been common lately, at least Lue has some coaching experience.

BigCatDaddy
06-23-2014, 04:57 PM
He had no reason to pass up 10M+. Spurs should be the favorite again barring LeBron's decision.

No but I'm sure he could get more elsewhere. Solid team guy.

RustShack
06-23-2014, 05:01 PM
"In five years as an assistant under Rivers with the Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Clippers, Lue has developed into one of the NBA's most well-regarded young head-coaching prospects, and the Cavaliers franchise believes he'll complement Blatt well."

"The 37-year-old Lue played guard for 11 seasons with seven NBA teams. He spent the past five years working on Doc Rivers' staff in Boston and Los Angeles and is regarded as one of the league's rising young coaches"

SAUTO
06-23-2014, 05:04 PM
ROFL I'm sure the cavs would say that dude...
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501
06-23-2014, 05:05 PM

Umm… no? Why should that even matter? Alvin Gentry is head coach material and he accepted the Warriors' assistant job.

Lue as a head coach… who knows, but he's respected enough to be on people's lists. Lue as an assistant is a proven commodity. Regardless of process, the Cavs just hired two very well respected coaches.

Ceej
06-23-2014, 08:09 PM
Cavs should just draft all Cyclones players.

DYNASTY!!!

ChiefsCountry
06-23-2014, 08:15 PM
Tyronn Lue another one of Norm's recruiting fuck ups in the mid 90s.

RustShack
06-23-2014, 08:20 PM
Tyronn Lue another one of Norm's recruiting fuck ups in the mid 90s.

Phil Jackson thinks Lue is one of the smartest players and quickest learners he's ever coached.

Titty Meat
06-23-2014, 08:24 PM
Tyronn Lue another one of Norm's recruiting **** ups in the mid 90s.

Former Husker

ChiefsCountry
06-23-2014, 08:26 PM
Former Husker

Point exactly. The talent that Norm let out of the state of Missouri in the mid to late 90s was unreal.

-King-
06-23-2014, 08:32 PM
I knew that name sounded familiar. He went to my high school

BigCatDaddy
06-23-2014, 08:34 PM
Point exactly. The talent that Norm let out of the state of Missouri in the mid to late 90s was unreal.

Didn't he land the real gem of that HS team..... Cookie Belcher?

ChiefsCountry
06-23-2014, 08:35 PM

Nope he went to Nebraska.

BigCatDaddy
06-23-2014, 08:37 PM
Nope he went to Nebraska.

What a HS team. Belcher, Lue, and King.

Urc Burry
06-23-2014, 09:37 PM
Supposedly the jazz are offering a hell of a deal for #1. Favors, Burks, and #5.

Titty Meat
06-23-2014, 10:03 PM

DANNY NEE >

Chiefs Pantalones
06-24-2014, 09:56 AM
LeBron opts out, becomes free agent. Shocker. Let the title-chasing begin...again.

KC native
06-24-2014, 09:58 AM
I knew that name sounded familiar. He went to my high school

you went to Raytown?

BIG UP TO RAYTOWN!

KC native
06-24-2014, 09:59 AM

Lue went to Raytown.

KC_Connection
06-24-2014, 10:00 AM
LeBron opts out, becomes free agent. Shocker. Let the title-chasing begin...again.
Of course, if he didn't do it, some hater like yourself would no doubt have called him complacent with losing and not having the drive to win titles. There's no winning with some (unless he goes to your Bulls, then you'll love it).

TEX
06-24-2014, 10:27 AM
Of course, if he didn't do it, some hater like yourself would no doubt have called him complacent with losing and not having the drive to win titles. There's no winning with some (unless he goes to your Bulls, then you'll love it).

No. He's a title-chasing- tool wherever he goes. He's already proven that...You don't have to be a hater to call it what it is. However, you do have to be pretty ignorant not to believe its part of his thought process...:hmmm:

KC_Connection
06-24-2014, 11:05 AM
No. He's a title-chasing- tool wherever he goes. He's already proven that...You don't have to be a hater to call it what it is. However, you do have to be pretty ignorant not to believe its part of his thought process...:hmmm:
Dumb.

RustShack
06-24-2014, 11:20 AM
He's coming back to Cleveland. He said they couldn't get more pieces with him there. He could have completely bailed but he did a sign and trade so Cleveland could get two extra first and second round picks from Miami.

Irving- All Star
James- legend
Waiters- potential all star
Bennett - last years number one
Wiggins/Parker - all star
Thompson - solid player drafted #4 overall

Cleveland will be loaded

BigCatDaddy
06-24-2014, 11:30 AM

I wonder if he will just take a pay cut to bring more talent to Miami.

06-24-2014, 11:38 AM
He's coming back to Cleveland. He said they couldn't get more pieces with him there. He could have completely bailed but he did a sign and trade so Cleveland could get two extra first and second round picks from Miami.

Irving- All Star
James- legend

Cleveland will be loaded

LMAO

Classic Rust. And why wouldn't Cleveland offer the same sign/trade gesture to Miami?

Thompson and Bennett are awful, btw.

SAUTO
06-24-2014, 11:40 AM
Dumb.

consider the source

SAUTO
06-24-2014, 11:41 AM
I wonder if he will just take a pay cut to bring more talent to Miami.

if you would go to the other thread you would know that its all about money with him.

or attention.

or chasing titles that he cant win on his own.

or he's a douche.

BigCatDaddy
06-24-2014, 11:49 AM
if you would go to the other thread you would know that its all about money with him.

or attention.

or chasing titles that he cant win on his own.

or he's a douche.

I think it's all about winning titles with him. If it were about legacy he wouldn't be team jumping to get those titles because he shitting all over his legacy doing that.

SAUTO
06-24-2014, 11:51 AM
what was the salary cap situation when Jordan, bird, Johnson, Thomas, etc, were winning their titles?

BigCatDaddy
06-24-2014, 11:52 AM
what was the salary cap situation when Jordan, bird, Johnson, Thomas, etc, were winning their titles?

I don't remember, but salaries back then weren't that big of a deal. I do remember how everyone freaked when Canseco made a whopping 3 million a year because athletes shouldn't be making that much money LMAO

SAUTO
06-24-2014, 11:53 AM
I don't remember, but salaries back then weren't that big of a deal. I remember how everyone freaked when Canseco made a whopping 3 million a year.

I was just wondering if it was easier to put a team around a super star.

BigCatDaddy
06-24-2014, 11:59 AM
I was just wondering if it was easier to put a team around a super star.

Much easier today.

KC native
06-24-2014, 12:00 PM
So good I must post it twice. LMAO

http://ballislife.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/ballislife_nba_transfer_forms.jpg

SAUTO
06-24-2014, 12:05 PM
Much easier today.

what makes you think that? just curious.

BigCatDaddy
06-24-2014, 12:08 PM
what makes you think that? just curious.

A lot more players switching teams.

Mr_Tomahawk
06-24-2014, 12:09 PM

#InRileyWeTrust

How'd that work out for ya....?

RustShack
06-24-2014, 02:39 PM
LMAO

Classic Rust. And why wouldn't Cleveland offer the same sign/trade gesture to Miami?

Thompson and Bennett are awful, btw.

Thompson isn't awful. He's not an all star by anymeans, but he's not bad.

Bennett showed some flashes. I remember a stretch where he had to star because the starter got hurt and he got a double double all those games and we won. But the stater came back and Bennett went back to the bench.

Mike Brown is just god awful and hates playing young guys.

Bennett didn't deserve to go number one, but no one did. Similar to the Tyson Jackson situation, but I think Bennett can be better than that. Actually the Cavs are pretty similar to the Chiefs. Loaded with young talant just needed a better coach to show it.

Especially if James does return. James and Irving would open things up big time for guys like Bennett to explode. Waiters actually outplayed Irving most of the year too. He's just not nearly as flashy.

okcchief
06-24-2014, 10:32 PM
I hope LeBron goes to the Cavs but I don't see it happening. They are taking pay cuts and staying IMO.

Hammock Parties
06-25-2014, 02:20 PM
https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t1.0-9/10300521_10152082811096557_6545698743727338652_n.jpg

Pitt Gorilla
06-25-2014, 02:46 PM

Bennett showed some flashes. I remember a stretch where he had to star because the starter got hurt and he got a double double all those games and we won. But the stater came back and Bennett went back to the bench.

Bennett didn't deserve to go number one, but no one did. Similar to the Tyson Jackson situation, but I think Bennett can be better than that. Actually the Cavs are pretty similar to the Chiefs. Loaded with young talant just needed a better coach to show it.

Especially if James does return. James and Irving would open things up big time for guys like Bennett to explode. Waiters actually outplayed Irving most of the year too. He's just not nearly as flashy.Carter-Williams and Oladipo were both much better than Bennett. I really don't care if the team had Waiters or not.

Pitt Gorilla
06-25-2014, 02:47 PM
https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t1.0-9/10300521_10152082811096557_6545698743727338652_n.jpgIf New York could get rid of his contract, I imagine they would immediately.

Pitt Gorilla
06-25-2014, 02:53 PM
Why didn't the Mavs keep Olynyk?

saphojunkie
06-25-2014, 03:17 PM

Especially if James does return. James and Irving would open things up big time for guys like Bennett to explode. Waiters actually outplayed Irving most of the year too. He's just not nearly as flashy.

Anthony Bennett had exactly two double doubles - one against Philly and the other against Sacramento.

He ****ing sucked all ****ing year.

And what do you mean "open things up for Bennett." Dude consistently took and airballed wide open threes all year. He didn't need anyone to open anything up for him, because teams just let him shoot. You could beat the Cavs last year with four players as long as Bennett was on the floor.

KC native
06-25-2014, 03:20 PM
https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t1.0-9/10300521_10152082811096557_6545698743727338652_n.jpg

Still going to lose to the Spurs in the playoffs next year though.

ChiefsCountry
06-25-2014, 03:45 PM
For the Heat right now its 4 guys I want in the draft spot, unless somebody starts to fall.

Jordan Clarkson
Elfird Payton
Shabazz Napier
Mitch McGray

Glad to hear they are listening to me. :)
http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/11133418/2014-nba-draft-miami-heat-chasing-shabazz-napier-attempt-lure-back-lebron-james

ChiefsCountry
06-25-2014, 03:50 PM
Carter-Williams and Oladipo were both much better than Bennett. I really don't care if the team had Waiters or not.

Oladipo would have been the smart pick, or take a flyer on Noel. But the Cavs are dumbasses so what do you expect.

06-25-2014, 03:54 PM
Oh man, a middle round pick. What a pitch.

chiefzilla1501
06-25-2014, 04:28 PM
Anthony Bennett had exactly two double doubles - one against Philly and the other against Sacramento.

He ****ing sucked all ****ing year.

And what do you mean "open things up for Bennett." Dude consistently took and airballed wide open threes all year. He didn't need anyone to open anything up for him, because teams just let him shoot. You could beat the Cavs last year with four players as long as Bennett was on the floor.

Bennett was a rookie who everyone knew needed time. He was late to start because he was rehabbing his shoulder. More than anything, it was clear that his biggest problem by a mile was conditioning. He was getting gassed literally after five minutes on the floor, if even that. It was a terrible pick but give him a true offseason and I'm sure he will be at least a contributor. Way too soon for anyone to write the book on him.

saphojunkie
06-25-2014, 04:35 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6lt3Xw_8oMI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

06-25-2014, 04:39 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6lt3Xw_8oMI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ROFLROFL

saphojunkie
06-25-2014, 04:39 PM
Honest question - which year was worst for first overall picks?

Greg Oden
Jamarcus Russel

Anthony Bennett
Eric Fisher

chiefzilla1501
06-25-2014, 04:40 PM

Irving- All Star
James- legend

Cleveland will be loaded

Chris grant was a disaster. But griffin seems to have his head on straight. The cavs will have two bonafide superstars in kyrie and whomever they take at #1. I think waiters needs to be traded but he's excellent depth and who knows, maybe blatt can get he and kyrie to play together. They also could get strong depth in exchange for jack and varejao. And in moving these guys, they free up money to land someone huge in free agency.

I think they should trade out of the first pick. Holy hell, if they trade down to Orlando, they could end up with Affalo,embiid, and the 12 where they can land someone like randle. If you pitch to lebron that his supporting cast will be kyrie, affalo, randle, embiid with waiters, Bennett, Tristan Thompson as your depth guys, that's a pretty interesting supporting cast.

saphojunkie
06-25-2014, 04:43 PM
ROFLROFL

I dare you to actually look at Anthony Bennett's game log. It's amazing.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/2991473/anthony-bennett

Chiefs Pantalones
06-25-2014, 04:45 PM
LeBron is staying in Miami. I really don't see him going anywhere else.

ChiefsCountry
06-25-2014, 05:15 PM
Oh man, a middle round pick. What a pitch.

Napier would be a top 10 pick if he was 6'5 instead of 6'0. Instead he would be excellent replacement for that bum Mario Chalmers.

saphojunkie
06-25-2014, 05:20 PM
Napier would be a top 10 pick if he was 6'5 instead of 6'0. Instead he would be excellent replacement for that bum Mario Chalmers.

That bum has a high school, college, and NBA championship.

Al Bundy
06-25-2014, 05:30 PM
Honest question - which year was worst for first overall picks?

Greg Oden
Jamarcus Russel

Anthony Bennett
Eric Fisher

SAUTO
06-25-2014, 05:41 PM
I dare you to actually look at Anthony Bennett's game log. It's amazing.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/2991473/anthony-bennett

But he got all those double doubles...
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501
06-25-2014, 05:42 PM
LeBron is staying in Miami. I really don't see him going anywhere else.

Other than the idea that they're hanging their hopes on a bunch declining veterans and their owner thinks the way to woo him back is to trade up for Napier?

chiefzilla1501
06-25-2014, 05:44 PM

I don't know how anyone can compare a year with two outrageous busts to two guys who are only going into their second year. I think Fisher and Bennett have more than a good chance of at least being contributing players.

okcchief
06-25-2014, 05:53 PM
I like Napier. If OKC uses picks he's a player I'd be ok with.

okcchief
06-25-2014, 05:55 PM
Not sure how I feel about that Mavs/Knicks deal. If Chandler doesn't stay healthy it's terrible for the Mavs. I hate Felton ' s pudgy ass.

06-25-2014, 05:56 PM

Good job, good effort!

06-25-2014, 06:03 PM
Knicks need a new center? Asik is be available. Just get Melo to agree to a S/T. Never was a huge fan of Anthony, but the offense in Houston would be fun to watch.

chiefzilla1501
06-25-2014, 06:30 PM
Knicks need a new center? Asik is be available. Just get Melo to agree to a S/T. Never was a huge fan of Anthony, but the offense in Houston would be fun to watch.

Really? Does anyone think the Rockets bringing in Melo makes any sense?

Harden and Melo both hold onto the ball. Dwight Howard bitched when he wasn't getting the ball in the post because Harden hogs the ball. At some point, Morey has to stop this silly idea of stockpiling players who don't at all play well with each other and start building a team concept. Morey needs to admit he made a huge mistake with Lin and Asik, has to try to salvage the relationship with Harden and Howard, and I just don't see how Melo accomplishes any of that.

06-25-2014, 07:16 PM
Really? Does anyone think the Rockets bringing in Melo makes any sense?

Harden and Melo both hold onto the ball. Dwight Howard bitched when he wasn't getting the ball in the post because Harden hogs the ball. At some point, Morey has to stop this silly idea of stockpiling players who don't at all play well with each other and start building a team concept. Morey needs to admit he made a huge mistake with Lin and Asik, has to try to salvage the relationship with Harden and Howard, and I just don't see how Melo accomplishes any of that.

I don't really get worked up about the FAs. It's probably more likely they get Bosh,Lowry, or nobody. Just interesting to think about

Hammock Parties
06-25-2014, 07:16 PM
Still going to lose to the Spurs in the playoffs next year though.

We took them to Game 7 without Chandler.

MAVS GOING BACK TO THE FINALS

06-25-2014, 07:18 PM
FTR, I don't believe DH has complained about touches in Houston. He seems happy.

06-25-2014, 07:26 PM

Felton lol

chiefzilla1501
06-25-2014, 07:34 PM
I don't really get worked up about the FAs. It's probably more likely they get Bosh,Lowry, or nobody. Just interesting to think about

I think these guys make a lot more sense. I just feel like with Melo, you'd have a ton of people just standing around holding the ball. This is actually a pretty perfect environment for a player like Bosh.

KevB
06-25-2014, 07:41 PM
That video was depressing. The steal and breakaway when he tried to finger roll and came up short off the front rim.....good lord. This guy was a monster at UNLV on that type of play. There were comps to Larry Johnson.

ohiobronco2
06-25-2014, 07:47 PM
I'm going to give Bennett another year or two before I completely give up on him. Injured shoulder to begin the season and Mike Brown is a lot to overcome. :D

mcaj22
06-25-2014, 07:52 PM
so the Mavs covet a guy they should have never let walk in the first place on a one year deal with diminished skills and more injury problems

makes sense

Hammock Parties
06-25-2014, 07:52 PM
Felton lol

Not like he's starting.

Bro.

ohiobronco2
06-25-2014, 07:53 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YaHbylkacyc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mcaj22
06-25-2014, 07:54 PM
Not like he's starting.

Bro.

do you even have another PG on the roster? dont even say monta ellis is a full time PG because any Warriors fan will tell you thats a disaster

ChiefsCountry
06-25-2014, 07:58 PM
so the Mavs covet a guy they should have never let walk in the first place on a one year deal with diminished skills and more injury problems

makes sense

Big salary comes off the books for next season's free agency so they can land LaMarcus Aldridge, a Dallas native, next year.

ChiefsCountry
06-25-2014, 08:01 PM
Not like he's starting.

Bro.

Felton will be the Mavs starting point guard unless they get somebody else.

mcaj22
06-25-2014, 08:02 PM
Big salary comes off the books for next season's free agency so they can land LaMarcus Aldridge, a Dallas native, next year.

Play with Ray Felton

or

Play with Damien Lillard

hmm tough decision

chiefzilla1501
06-25-2014, 08:10 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YaHbylkacyc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Confidence
Conditioning
Motivation

Mike Brown was shitty at motivating. That made it harder for him conditioning from an already uphill battle of losing so much conditioning time in rehab. And the combination of the two led to him holding on to his knees 2 minutes into the game, loafing on defense, and playing with no confidence.

Shitty pick. Too much of a tweener and probably will never be good at defense. But way too soon to call him a bust. He will probably show up in much better condition, be motivated under a better coach, and you'd hope that translates into confidence.

ShowtimeSBMVP
06-25-2014, 08:18 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Step 1 in LBJ/Melo chase RT <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA">@WojYahooNBA</a> Houston is finalizing a deal to send Omer Asik to New Orleans, league source tells Yahoo Sports.</p>&mdash; Dan Woike (@DanWoikeSports) <a href="https://twitter.com/DanWoikeSports/statuses/481984182160093184">June 26, 2014</a></blockquote>

06-25-2014, 08:31 PM
Morey must feel good about his FA chances. Picked up a 2015 first rounder (probably 10-18 range)

ChiefsCountry
06-25-2014, 08:32 PM
Didn't they have him traded to New Orleans last year as well?

ShowtimeSBMVP
06-25-2014, 08:39 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Houston will acquire what will likely be a late lottery pick, perhaps as soon as 2015, from New Orleans, sources tell Yahoo Sports.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/481985211635601408">June 26, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Yahoo Sources: In a first step toward creating max contract space, Houston trades center Omer Asik to New Orleans. <a href="http://t.co/Vwtgnr5FB3">http://t.co/Vwtgnr5FB3</a></p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/481988584401276928">June 26, 2014</a></blockquote>

06-25-2014, 08:43 PM
Broussard with nonsense

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rockets clearing cap room to make run at LeBron or Melo. With James Harden as potential sign&amp;trade, they could land both to team w/Dwight</p>&mdash; Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard/statuses/481984491981123584">June 26, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ChiefsCountry
06-25-2014, 08:54 PM
Broussard is saying Kendrick Perkins to the Heat. LMAO

06-25-2014, 09:08 PM

Napier, Perkins...

Championships

#trustInRiley

dirk digler
06-25-2014, 09:22 PM

I guess that means it is official Lebron is leaving the Heat.

KevB
06-25-2014, 09:28 PM
How does Broussard still have a job?

Pitt Gorilla
06-25-2014, 09:34 PM
Broussard is saying Kendrick Perkins to the Heat. LMAOhttp://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q143/jcnoll/Funny%20Stuff/DaffyDuck-Fap.gif

ChiefsCountry
06-25-2014, 09:37 PM
How does Broussard still have a job?

That is what I was thinking as well.

Titty Meat
06-25-2014, 09:43 PM
If the Rockets get just Melo they still wont win shit

kcxiv
06-25-2014, 09:47 PM
Brussard is the fucking worst NBA reporter i have ever come across. if you want anything thats the truth its Woj from yahoo or Steven. A. Smith. David Aldridge is pretty solid too.

KevB
06-25-2014, 09:57 PM

They didn't win shit with the team they have now either. Adding Melo is adding talent. Does it make them a favorite? No. But dealing with Melo, Harden, Howard, Beverly and Parsons doesn't sound like a lot of fun if I'm coaching another NBA team. People forget that Harden is capable of being a facilitator. His last year in OKC, he had the ball in his hands in the 4th quarter creating for KD and Westbrook.

TEX
06-25-2014, 10:00 PM

LMAO Like you know shit...

KC_Connection
06-25-2014, 10:11 PM
Riley is really aiming high this offseason.

okcchief
06-25-2014, 10:32 PM
Broussard must be trolling.

KC native
06-26-2014, 07:51 AM

No. Onewinski will remain Onewinski.

lcarus
06-26-2014, 09:08 AM
Hopin Embiid drops to 4

chiefzilla1501
06-26-2014, 09:21 AM
Hopin Embiid drops to 4

The cavs really need to trade down to 4. Philly isn't going to take another injured center. The cavs might land a 12, affalo, and still get embiid. If they do that, on that pick alone, they may have won the draft.

okcchief
06-26-2014, 12:31 PM
The Nuggets get Afflalo for nothing Would have been a perfect fit for the Thunder. Presti is asleep at the wheel.

Thankfully, the Chiefs and Royals have trained me well for this incompetence. If they give a first round pick for Shumpert who is an inferior player or use both picks I just don't what the fuck to say.

Ceej
06-26-2014, 12:54 PM
Where does Early project for tonights draft?

Always enjoyed watching him play for WSU.

TEX
06-26-2014, 01:32 PM
The Nuggets get Afflalo for nothing Would have been a perfect fit for the Thunder. Presti is asleep at the wheel.

Thankfully, the Chiefs and Royals have trained me well for this incompetence. If they give a first round pick for Shumpert who is an inferior player or use both picks I just don't what the **** to say.

LMAO You have had excellent training...

okcchief
06-26-2014, 01:40 PM

Late first round. He's actually a player I'd be happy with if OKC uses their pick Since he's a 4 year guy he might be ready to contribute.

ChiefsCountry
06-26-2014, 01:40 PM

Mid First to Second Round.

ChiefsCountry
06-26-2014, 02:14 PM
Connection and Kev's teams look to be swapping players.
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/233932/Raptors-Discussing-Trade-For-No-22-With-Grizzlies-Targeting-Ennis

RustShack
06-27-2014, 10:39 AM
James, Irving, Wiggins. The new Big3.

RustShack
06-27-2014, 10:41 AM
The cavs really need to trade down to 4. Philly isn't going to take another injured center. The cavs might land a 12, affalo, and still get embiid. If they do that, on that pick alone, they may have won the draft.

Oh Philly won't draft Embiid you say???

Makes sense to me that the best three get drafted top three.

DaKCMan AP
06-27-2014, 10:44 AM

Oh Philly won't draft Embiid you say???

Makes sense to me that the best three get drafted top three.

lolz @ homer calling someone else out.

ChiefsCountry
06-27-2014, 10:49 AM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/5683501832a4bbad0d43a7909e3a9459/tumblr_mnzrooWUNA1rovmq9o1_500.gif

lcarus
06-27-2014, 10:52 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/5683501832a4bbad0d43a7909e3a9459/tumblr_mnzrooWUNA1rovmq9o1_500.gif

Yeah...he may not be.

O.city
06-27-2014, 10:52 AM
Lebron on that Cavs team would actually be pretty damn dynamic

lcarus
06-27-2014, 10:53 AM
Also, fuck Philadelphia for taking Embiid. Fuck you Philly. Fuck you. And fuck you Orlando for taking Aaron Gordon. Fuck you. Guess they probably would have taken Exum if they weren't planning on grabbing Elfrid Payton. Which brings me to my next fuck you. Fuck you Philadelphia again for taking Payton at 10 and forcing Orlando to trade Saric and two future draft picks for him.

RustShack
06-27-2014, 11:37 AM
Irving, Wiggins, Waiters, Bennett... There's a lot of young talent and scoring potential.

I know everyone likes to call Bennett a bust after just year one with the awful coach/situation he was in. But I think he will end up all right. Never number one pick good, but he can still turn into a good player. I'm excited to see what Blatt/Lue can do with all this young talent.

And yes I've said it for awhile now and I still believe it. LeBron is coming back.

KC native
06-27-2014, 12:41 PM
Irving, Wiggins, Waiters, Bennett... There's a lot of young talent and scoring potential.

I know everyone likes to call Bennett a bust after just year one with the awful coach/situation he was in. But I think he will end up all right. Never number one pick good, but he can still turn into a good player. I'm excited to see what Blatt/Lue can do with all this young talent.

And yes I've said it for awhile now and I still believe it. LeBron is coming back.

I hope he does so the Spurs can sweep him in the Finals twice as a member of the Cavs.

Pasta Little Brioni
06-27-2014, 04:37 PM
Tri grandpas are toast...and rusty cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Mav
06-27-2014, 08:23 PM
Extremely happy with how the draft played out for the Hornets last night.

Vohnley, and PJ HAIRSTON?

I can dig it.

Scoring, scoring scoring.

DaKCMan AP
06-28-2014, 12:12 PM
LeBron is not going anywhere.

http://touch.sun-sentinel.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-80663339/

BigCatDaddy
06-28-2014, 01:18 PM
LeBron is not going anywhere.

http://touch.sun-sentinel.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-80663339/

Yep. Really his only option to save face.

ChiefsCountry
06-28-2014, 02:30 PM
Wade opts out now. Waiting on Bosh.

Pitt Gorilla
06-28-2014, 02:47 PM
Would be awesome if nobody wants to pay Wade, including Miami.

KevB
06-28-2014, 02:50 PM
Would be awesome if nobody wants to pay Wade, including Miami.

There's no way Wade/Bosh/Haslem opt out unless they have assurances from Riley about new contracts. And probably from James, about him coming back as well.

BigCatDaddy
06-28-2014, 03:00 PM
There's no way Wade/Bosh/Haslem opt out unless they have assurances from Riley about new contracts. And probably from James, about him coming back as well.
For sure. They arent acting independently of each other.

06-28-2014, 03:00 PM

Yeah. Shitty situation for the Heat. I'm sure they'd rather them go elsewhere. Stuck with Wade/Bosh, so you better get them at discount

KC_Connection
06-28-2014, 03:38 PM
Yep. Really his only option to save face.
Clearly priority #1. LeBron really wouldn't want to look disloyal to haters like yourself, now would he?

BigCatDaddy
06-28-2014, 04:21 PM
Clearly priority #1. LeBron really wouldn't want to look disloyal to haters like yourself, now would he?

Youre being naive or trolling or are just retarded. It's like a guy getting married to a new 25 year old women every 10 years and throwing the old one out at 35. He's probably best off that way but comes across like a first class douche.

I can't imagine he is happy with his image and popularity level. Anything but going back to Cleveland or staying in Miami would have made him look even worse. He scored points in my book for staying and showing loyalty to something other than himself.

ChiefsCountry
06-28-2014, 05:06 PM

They all have the same agent expect LeBron.

KC_Connection
06-28-2014, 05:20 PM
Youre being naive or trolling or are just retarded. It's like a guy getting married to a new 25 year old women every 10 years and throwing the old one out at 35. He's probably best off that way but comes across like a first class douche.

I can't imagine he is happy with his image and popularity level. Anything but going back to Cleveland or staying in Miami would have made him look even worse. He scored points in my book for staying and showing loyalty to something other than himself.
If he can leave Cleveland and deal with all the bullshit that followed that, he can leave Miami just as easily. He'll be looked as a douche by haters like you no matter what he does (whether it's go somewhere else to join a contender or try to create a 2nd version of the super team in Miami), so that clearly isn't a consideration, nor should it be.

BigCatDaddy
06-28-2014, 05:29 PM
If he can leave Cleveland and deal with all the bullshit that followed that, he can leave Miami just as easily. You'd absolutely have to be a fool to think otherwise. He'll be looked as a douche by people like you no matter what he does, so that clearly isn't a consideration.

No way he expected the backlash from places outside of Cleveland after The Decision. I believe he genuinely wants to be liked and that people liking him matters to him. I wont ever be a fan but staying in Miami shows some character IMO.

KC_Connection
06-28-2014, 05:50 PM
No way he expected the backlash from places outside of Cleveland after The Decision. I believe he genuinely wants to be liked and that people liking him matters to him. I wont ever be a fan but staying in Miami shows some character IMO.
I believe winning matters to him above all else (which explains why he left Cleveland in the first place and why he is considering leaving again). Certainly far more than whether some fans don't like him.

And even if there was more "honor" in staying with Miami, something that intangible shouldn't be the basis of this kind of decision. Any legacy that he has will be improved far more by further winning, not staying with a sinking ship to appease people that don't actually matter.

RustShack
06-28-2014, 07:55 PM
Isn't he one of those arrogant guys when he's out in public that doesn't care at all about the fans and refuses autographs and shit like that all the time?

I don't think he cares about people's opinions. He wants championships.

KC native
06-28-2014, 08:45 PM
Tri grandpas are toast...and rusty cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Heard this before.

tk13
06-28-2014, 10:39 PM
http://nypost.com/2014/06/28/denied-promotion-jason-kidd-gets-ok-to-talk-with-bucks/

According to this report, Jason Kidd made a power play to try and become the Nets head of basketball operations + head coach. A source says the Nets shot him down, didn't think he had enough experience yet. Now the Bucks have come calling and the Nets have given them permission to talk to Kidd.

salame
06-29-2014, 01:25 AM
hey, lebron is a bitch

ShowtimeSBMVP
06-29-2014, 10:46 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Yahoo Sources: Armed with young talent, assets and max contract space, Suns will pursue a LeBron-Carmelo partnership. <a href="http://t.co/aDtL46xUGi">http://t.co/aDtL46xUGi</a></p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/483288947569999872">June 29, 2014</a></blockquote>

mcaj22
06-29-2014, 11:18 AM
Jason Kidd is in for a wake up call if he thinks hes going to get any talent to play for him on the Bucks. Way to piss off a Russian owner that has no problem going over the luxury tax making you look like a better coach than you actually are.

BWillie
06-29-2014, 12:20 PM
I cant think of a worse idea than pairing Lebron with Carmelo, its the worst possible superstar to compliment Lebron. I mean, yeah its better than Lebron and some avg player like Xavier Henry, but honestly not much.

BigCatDaddy
06-29-2014, 02:23 PM
I cant think of a worse idea than pairing Lebron with Carmelo, its the worst possible superstar to compliment Lebron. I mean, yeah its better than Lebron and some avg player like Xavier Henry, but honestly not much.

Think of the ticket and merchandise sales though!

Mr_Tomahawk
06-29-2014, 06:13 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/29/chris-bosh-makes-opt-out-official-pat-riley-issues-statement/

Chris Bosh makes opt-out official, Pat Riley issues statement

LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh have now all officially opted out of the final two years of their respective deals, and are unrestricted free agents who can sign wherever they choose for next season.

They’ll all be signing in Miami, of course, and the only question is, at what price.

The trio staggered their opt-outs for reasons known only to the individuals, but the reasoning was the same — to sign long-term deals for more guaranteed dollars in total, while taking less in the short-term to provide the team with immediate financial flexibility to upgrade the roster.

Bosh was the final piece of this puzzle, and once he notified the Heat of his intentions on Sunday, Pat Riley issued the following statement:

“Today we were notified of Chris’ intentions to opt-out of his contract. Chris is one of the most versatile and dynamic big men in this league, and he has been an instrumental key to our championship success over the last four seasons. We look forward to meeting with Chris and his agent in the coming days to discuss keeping him in Miami for many years to come.”

That’s been the plan all along, and it’s one that can formally be set in motion now that all three stars have opted out of their contracts.

Mav
06-29-2014, 06:21 PM
Jason Kidd is in for a wake up call if he thinks hes going to get any talent to play for him on the Bucks. Way to piss off a Russian owner that has no problem going over the luxury tax making you look like a better coach than you actually are.
There is more talent in Milwaukee than you are giving then credit for. If Sanders can stay healthy, and Parker can score, the bucks can make the playoffs.

RustShack
06-30-2014, 01:25 PM
I'm sure the Kansas fans will get a kick out of this. I would post it in their thread, but I got banned because they are butthurt about Iowa State becoming relevant in basketball. I ordered a Cavs Wiggins jersey today. I have a James and Irving one too.

lcarus
06-30-2014, 02:38 PM
Extremely happy with how the draft played out for the Hornets last night.

Vohnley, and PJ HAIRSTON?

I can dig it.

Scoring, scoring scoring.

I don't know much about Vonleh or Hairston, but the revert back to the Hornets and their uniforms and court theme is a total win in my book. I started getting into basketball back when they had Mourning, LJ and Bogues. It was a good time to be a beginner fan of the NBA in my opinion.

tk13
06-30-2014, 03:25 PM
ESPN is reporting that LeBron is not going to settle for less than max money this offseason. Teams that contact him will have to offer a max salary. The teams that can do that are the Mavs, Lakers, Suns, Jazz, Sixers, Magic, and Heat. That means Wade and Bosh would have to take the financial hit to keep the Heat together.

BigCatDaddy
06-30-2014, 04:14 PM
ESPN is reporting that LeBron is not going to settle for less than max money this offseason. Teams that contact him will have to offer a max salary. The teams that can do that are the Mavs, Lakers, Suns, Jazz, Sixers, Magic, and Heat. That means Wade and Bosh would have to take the financial hit to keep the Heat together.

Weird. Maybe I spoke too soon about giving him credit for showing some heart and loyalty.

O.city
06-30-2014, 04:58 PM
Weird. Maybe I spoke too soon about giving him credit for showing some heart and loyalty.

Cracks me up when people think these guys should take pay cuts for whatever reason.

Would you take a pay cut at your job for any reason?

kcxiv
06-30-2014, 04:59 PM
Lebron shouldnt take anything less then the max right now. He did that once already. He's the boss of bosses right now in the NBA. Its HIS TIME. Its been his time, but he was playing on a discount. I can never get upset over an elite player getting what he deserves in his sport.

Wade and Bosh is the 2 that need that super duper discount because they have fallen the fuck off.

Just Passin' By
06-30-2014, 05:13 PM
Cracks me up when people think these guys should take pay cuts for whatever reason.

Cracks me up when people don't understand how a salary cap works.

06-30-2014, 05:15 PM
Wade and Bosh is the 2 that need that super duper discount because they have fallen the fuck off.

They won't. Heat have to overpay since they were nice enough opt out. They'll still make 30 million combined and the Heat will be stuck with these losers for multiple years. It's perfect. No room for a guy who can make a real impact with LeBron.

06-30-2014, 05:19 PM
I've seen one projection of 4.4 million in cap space LMAO

BigCatDaddy
06-30-2014, 05:29 PM

No but if I was worth millions I may think about it. It does happen. I wasn't was referring to pay though. Didn't he already have a max deal.

-King-
06-30-2014, 06:02 PM
No but if I was worth millions I may think about it. It does happen. I wasn't was referring to pay though. Didn't he already have a max deal.

No.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
06-30-2014, 06:04 PM
Cracks me up when people don't understand how a salary cap works.

Who doesn't? Miami is currently 55 mil under the cap. Lebron getting a max deal isn't going to ruin that. He deserves significantly more than Wade and Bosh and they know that too and will structure their contracts accordingly.
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501
06-30-2014, 06:13 PM
I've Been as critical of LeBron as anyone. I appreciate that he is being direct vs stringing a team along, as he did last time. And I think it is crazy to expect anything less than max value. If he stays with Miami, I respect that too because he shows an interest in loyalty vs. rigging the system.

I can't blame LeBron if this is what he's thinking. I'm pissed such a shitty fan base gets the benefit and I can't stand Wade, but this is another sign of big time maturity on LeBrons part.

KC_Connection
06-30-2014, 06:29 PM
Now LeBron is even getting criticized for wanting max money for the first time in his career? He still wouldn't be getting compensated anywhere close to his actual value to a franchise due to the salary cap, but apparently that's too much. The guy will just never win with some.

GloucesterChief
06-30-2014, 06:34 PM
Now LeBron is even getting criticized for wanting max money for the first time in his career? He still wouldn't be getting compensated anywhere close to his actual value to a franchise due to the salary cap, but apparently that's too much. The guy will just never win with some.

Depends if he Wade and Bosh got together and agreed to opt out and each take pay cuts to make the team better, then when that happens James demands max money it is kinda shady.

If no such agreement existed then he is perfectly fine demanding the maximum pay allowed.

We may never know if such an agreement existed.

BWillie
06-30-2014, 06:57 PM

I know. It's ridiculous the hate Lebron is STILL getting. Jordan likely got kicked out of the league for gambling on sports. Cheated on his wife. Wasn't the best father, and was a world class trash talking shithead. Lebron calls press conference, donates money from the proceeds to charity. Vilified.

BigCatDaddy
06-30-2014, 07:03 PM

By who?

BWillie
06-30-2014, 07:04 PM
By who?

Just look on twitter and on ESPN comments. Tons and tons of people.

BigCatDaddy
06-30-2014, 07:06 PM
Just look on twitter and on ESPN comments. Tons and tons of people.

Yeah. I have respect for guys that take discounts in sports but don't fault the ones that don't.

KevB
06-30-2014, 07:10 PM

Here's a fun fact : LeBron James has never been the single highest paid player on any team he's on in the league.

BigCatDaddy
06-30-2014, 07:12 PM
Here's a fun fact : LeBron James has never been the single highest paid player on any team he's on in the league.

Highest paid player by that NBA team. Good for him.

KevB
06-30-2014, 07:14 PM
Based on W-2s?

NBA salary obviously. He and Bosh make the same, Ben Wallace made more in Cleveland.

Just Passin' By
06-30-2014, 07:18 PM
Who doesn't? Miami is currently 55 mil under the cap. Lebron getting a max deal isn't going to ruin that. He deserves significantly more than Wade and Bosh and they know that too and will structure their contracts accordingly.
Posted via Mobile Device

The argument for opting out was so that they could take less and bring in better players.

Get back to me when taking the max is taking less.

BWillie
06-30-2014, 07:21 PM
The argument for opting out was so that they could take less and bring in better players.

What an asshole, Lebron is, for opting out, to take max salary, while being the best player in the entire league. Complete dick move.

:rolleyes:

chiefzilla1501
06-30-2014, 07:40 PM
I know. It's ridiculous the hate Lebron is STILL getting. Jordan likely got kicked out of the league for gambling on sports. Cheated on his wife. Wasn't the best father, and was a world class trash talking shithead. Lebron calls press conference, donates money from the proceeds to charity. Vilified.

He should be vilified for the decision.

But this is not "the decision." If he stays loyal to Miami, it's the exact opposite.

-King-
06-30-2014, 07:47 PM

There's nothing wrong with 1 player (Who just so happens to be the best player in the league and the ONLY player to show up for the Heat in the Finals. ) taking a max deal. Wade and Bosh are the ones who should take significant pay cuts. Not LeBron.

In the end LeBron likely will take less than a max deal, but he doesn't have to and if he doesn't, shouldn't be blamed for it.

chiefzilla1501
06-30-2014, 07:50 PM
There's nothing wrong with 1 player (Who just so happens to be the best player in the league and the ONLY player to show up for the Heat in the Finals. ) taking a max deal. Wade and Bosh are the ones who should take significant pay cuts. Not LeBron.

In the end LeBron likely will take less than a max deal, but he doesn't have to and if he doesn't, shouldn't be blamed for it.

I honestly don't know how anyone could fault a player for getting the most money he could possibly get out of his contract. Peyton Manning did. Tom Brady did. Kobe Bryant did. If a team overpays a player, that's the team's fault. In this case, given that LeBron is worth more than a max deal, the team is getting a good deal.

BigCatDaddy
06-30-2014, 07:52 PM

The only people should give a shit are the ones who are Heat fans and it prevents them from acquiring supportive talent the same way we bitch about the possibility of Alex Smith breaking the bank foe the Chiefs and weakening the teams ability to sign other players.

Pitt Gorilla
06-30-2014, 07:56 PM

He deserves max money. Period.

Mr. Laz
06-30-2014, 07:56 PM
Wade and Bosh should be taking significantly less than Max

Bosh was never worth the Max and Wade is broken

Just Passin' By
06-30-2014, 08:01 PM
What an asshole, Lebron is, for opting out, to take max salary, while being the best player in the entire league. Complete dick move.

:rolleyes:

Read the thread, numbnuts. I didn't bag on LeBron about anything in my post. Some dumbass was trying to compare the average worker with a player in a salary cap league, as far as taking less money. If LeBron wants to make Max money knowing that will limit his team's options as far as other players go, let him have at it. However, in a league where Duncan came back for about 1/2 his previous contract and that let the Spurs keep the team that won the NBA title, saying something as absolutely fucking retarded as

merits a scornful response.

RustShack
06-30-2014, 08:03 PM
Cleveland offered him more money than what he got in Miami. He left for Championships, not for money. He deserves more money than anyone. He's the best in the league and arguably one of the best ever. Maybe even best ever when it's all said and done, hard telling.

Until Wiggins takes over :)

ChiefsCountry
06-30-2014, 08:24 PM
NBA salary obviously. He and Bosh make the same, Ben Wallace made more in Cleveland.

Shaq made more than him in Cleveland as well.

KC_Connection
06-30-2014, 08:52 PM
However, in a league where Duncan came back for about 1/2 his previous contract and that let the Spurs keep the team that won the NBA title, saying something as absolutely ****ing retarded as

Ah yes, the same Tim Duncan who took a max 7/122M deal in 2003 during his prime (which remains one of the richest contracts signed in NBA history). LMAO

Just Passin' By
06-30-2014, 08:59 PM
Ah yes, the same Tim Duncan who took a max 7/122M deal in 2003 during his prime (which remains one of the richest contracts signed in NBA history). LMAO

What does that have to do with what I posted? This isn't rocket science here:

Poster talks about never taking pay cut positing the question

The CURRENT NBA CHAMPIONS are together largely because Duncan took a pay cut.

KC_Connection
06-30-2014, 09:06 PM
The CURRENT NBA CHAMPIONS are together largely because Duncan took a pay cut.
And it's important to recognize that he did so when he was nearly 40 years old, well past his prime, and had already gotten his massive contract earlier in his career. Shit, Duncan almost went to Orlando in 2000 exactly because they were offering more (which would certainly have vastly changed the NBA landscape over the next 15 years).

ohiobronco2
06-30-2014, 09:07 PM
LeBron is worth every penny. He's the best in the league and should be paid as such. I just don't see how the Heat can win a title if the big 3 re sign at what is being reported. It will not allow them enough flexibility to add the pieces they will need to beat the superior teams out west.

06-30-2014, 09:11 PM
Wade and Bosh should be taking significantly less than Max

Bosh was never worth the Max and Wade is broken

I'm betting they'll be on the books for 3-4 more years at 13-15 million/yr. Not a great situation for LeBron. Essentially extending two declining players is going to hurt the Heat long-term. I would have preferred LeBron leave, but this is the next best thing. Fuck Wade. Fuck Miami.

Just Passin' By
06-30-2014, 09:15 PM
And it's important to recognize that he did so when he was nearly 40 years old, well past his prime, and had already gotten his massive contract earlier in his career. Shit, Duncan almost went to Orlando in 2000 exactly because they were offering more (which would certainly have vastly changed the NBA landscape over the next 15 years).

When he did it is completely irrelevant, because I was addressing a specific comment from a specific person about NEVER doing it. To repeat his post, since you can't seem to be bothered to actually read:

Nothing there about any time or age limit.

KC_Connection
06-30-2014, 09:20 PM
I'm betting they'll be on the books for 3-4 more years at 13-15 million/yr. Not a great situation for LeBron. Essentially extending two declining players is going to hurt the Heat long-term. I would have preferred LeBron leave, but this is the next best thing. **** Wade. **** Miami.
He may yet leave. Wade and Bosh isn't enough to keep him there, Riley has to have something else up his sleeve.