PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Arrowhead Parking: Better Pay Attention

gblowfish
06-25-2014, 10:46 AM
They're screwing with how the parking flow is managed this year. It's different, so if you have a favorite tailgating spot (I usually park in lot G or H) better check this out. You could end up waaaaaay far away from where you want to be.

http://goarrowhead.com/2014parking/

TimBone
06-25-2014, 10:49 AM
Weren't there a lot of com ain't about waiting an hour or longer to get into the parking lot last year? I guess they're trying to get it under control.

Fish
06-25-2014, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the link.

Dayze
06-25-2014, 10:58 AM
the worst was the night we unveiled the 'new' Arrowhead. what a collossal cluster F. took at least an hour and a half to park. made it inside just as the lights dimmed.

didn't get to tailgate in the traditional sense, so we just pounded beers in the car.

Predarat
06-25-2014, 11:13 AM
The more they fuck with this, the more they fuck it up. Hope this time will be different but I doubt it.

Dayze
06-25-2014, 11:20 AM
I could've sworn that back in 2000 when my buddy and I bouht some nosebleed STs, we would get there early before the gates were open and get about 2 rows close to the shitters on the Arrowhead side. now that shits all Red Parking? WTF.

Fish
06-25-2014, 11:23 AM
The more they fuck with this, the more they fuck it up. Hope this time will be different but I doubt it.

Without a doubt. All the changes they've made over the last 3 years have made things worse. It seemed to start when they quit using the 3rd party parking company and started doing it themselves.

Got Red parking for the first time this year. Hoping that's a little easier....

cosmo20002
06-25-2014, 11:23 AM
So they changed the Gold parking to Platinum and changed part of the Red into Gold.

JFC...they sure know how to milk the parking revenue.

Sully
06-25-2014, 11:24 AM
The link won't load for me. What's the change?

Dayze
06-25-2014, 11:25 AM
if the Chiefs lose, they'll knock off $.25 from your next parking visit.

InChiefsHeaven
06-25-2014, 11:27 AM
I usually go to one game a year and pull up to the stadium by 8:00 AM. I never have a problem parking. I usually go to the lot that is in front of Kaufman with Arrowhead to the left. I'll check the link though...

Old Dog
06-25-2014, 11:32 AM
On the bright side they're also raising cash parking another $3 at the gate......

Fish
06-25-2014, 11:36 AM
In my experience, Gate 2 is the most efficient entrance.

Discuss Thrower
06-25-2014, 11:40 AM
In my experience, Gate 2 is the most efficient entrance.

Looks like how were going to get in just to park in H.

Problem is we come from 435..

silver5liter
06-25-2014, 11:43 AM
Looks like how were going to get in just to park in H.

Problem is we come from 435..

Im fine with it. The people that arent going into the games and just tailgate have no reason to be closer to arrowhead. I remember 2 years ago me and my cousin went to the home opener, there were so many people tailgating that they told everyone driving around the street around the lots to just park their cars and walk. We missed the first quarter. Le pissed

Predarat
06-25-2014, 11:46 AM
Now more people are going to be forced to park in that cesspool that is Lot A and with more people parking in Lot A, it is going to become more of a cesspool than it already is. It was OK before but not sure how the newcomers are going to change it.

Dayze
06-25-2014, 11:52 AM
another incentive not to go and stay home with your big screen, good beer, and pisser near by.

InChiefsHeaven
06-25-2014, 11:57 AM
Now more people are going to be forced to park in that cesspool that is Lot A and with more people parking in Lot A, it is going to become more of a cesspool than it already is. It was OK before but not sure how the newcomers are going to change it.

...I park in Lot A...:huh:

Predarat
06-25-2014, 12:00 PM

I do too and like it but worried the newcomers will screw it up. Of course they could make it even funner then it is.

Old Dog
06-25-2014, 12:04 PM

As do I, and I'm not too sure how it's going to mess anything up, but I'm pretty sure they'll figure out a way.
Not too pleased with another rate increase, but I guess it has been a couple of years since the jump from $25 to $27...

ChiefsCountry
06-25-2014, 12:11 PM
George, did you read the email they sent you. They tell you which parking gate you used the most.

mikeyis4dcats.
06-25-2014, 12:28 PM
I never understood why the parking folks let people save spots and such in the paved lots...

Strongside
06-25-2014, 12:39 PM
I park in lot A. But not IN lot A. We're the douchebags in the SE corner with the super loud music and kegs every week. Only point of reference I have is that we're just a little farther East and in the grass than the guys that wear the striped overalls.

Dartgod
06-25-2014, 12:41 PM

What's wrong with lot A?

Old Dog
06-25-2014, 12:43 PM
What's wrong with lot A?

From reading this thread it seems like the damn place is pretty close to overrun with CP members....that can't be good

Discuss Thrower
06-25-2014, 12:48 PM
What's wrong with lot A?

You'll never find a more wretched hive and scum and villainy than you will find in Lot A.

ptlyon
06-25-2014, 12:56 PM
You'll never find a more wretched hive and scum and villainy than you will find in Lot A.

That's how I like it

Dayze
06-25-2014, 12:58 PM
That's what she said.

Predarat
06-25-2014, 12:58 PM

Exactly, and that is why it is my favorite lot.

Dayze
06-25-2014, 01:05 PM
the best time my buddy and I had was when we somehow managed a parking pass directly in front of where the Lamar Hunt trophy is now. We had a guy come up that we parked next to, and asked if we wouldn't mind moving a spot or two over. He was super cool about it, and we didn't mind at all. no worries etc. He mentioned that another group they typically park next to were running late etc.

I guess it was a law firm that had ST's, and liked to party with another lawfirm. Dudes walked over and had a cooler of beer and a box of cigars and told us to help ourselves during the tailgate, and to come over to eat; steaks, burgers, brats, pulled pork etc. They had massive amounts of beer of all varieties and basically a damn near full bar of liquor. It was kick ass.

after the game, they were there already, and asked if we wanted to take home any beer, we said "Sure". then the dude hands us 2 cases of Boulevard Pale ale.

I don't even remember if the Chiefs won that game, and after all that....I really didn't giv a shit if they did lol

underEJ
06-25-2014, 01:52 PM
I know everyone hates the fringe lots, but I much prefer that if I don't have a parking pass. I am usually in a rental car. Since I have nothing in it to steal, maybe I'm just missing out on the problems, but I head for the church lot and park around the back side so I'm pointed out toward Blue Ridge and can just drive straight over the sidewalk to the exit. On rare occasions that I know I'm going to park in the lot, I take 31st to Stadium and come in the back way anyway, and it looks like gate 6 and gate 5 for prepaid are still my best bet then.

When I take 70 from downtown if I stay in a hotel, I often pass the Blue Ridge exit too if there is a huge backup, get off at Sterling, then circle back on 40 HWY, end up in the left lane mostly out of the merge mess and get to head straight to the fringe lots with no wait. Hope that protip still works in the new configuration.

Good luck to us all!

wazu
06-25-2014, 03:57 PM
Good breakdown of the changes (and price hike) by Arrowhead Pride: http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2014/6/25/5842316/kansas-city-chiefs-parking-price-increase

Kansas City Chiefs "Parking Enhancements" include a price hike
By Joel Thorman  @JoelThorman on Jun 25 2014, 12:55p

The Kansas City Chiefs issued a release with the headline "Parking Enhancements Announced".

That depends on your viewpoint.

Here is the Chiefs press release on their parking changes, which includes routing changes to make parking more efficient as well as a price hike.

The good

The Chiefs did some work last year with a parking analytics company that will help them route cars so that Chiefs fans can enter the stadium in the most efficient way possible.
All traffic will now flow to the right to increase efficiency.
For season ticket holders, the Chiefs will be recommending an entry based on how you've entered the stadium in the past. Good use of data.
Overall, the Chiefs are trying to speed up the parking process, which is a very good thing for those who have been stuck in a line at a quarter to noon.
The Chiefs parking price remains slightly under last year's league average.

The bad

Less places to enter the stadium for cash payers. Gate 5 (the one off of 435 which runs past the practice facility) will no longer take cash, only prepaid parking passes.
The Chiefs said there was "heavy traffic congestion" at that gate, which suggests a lot of people will be required to change their entrance.
If shutting down Gate 5 to cash payers increases efficiency for everyone, it will be a good thing ... but not necessarily for those people who used to enter through Gate 5 that now can't (like me, since that's my entrance ... if I were a paying customer and not some media bum).

The ugly

The hidden headline almost 500 words into the press release is that the Chiefs are raising the cost of parking at Arrowhead.
Last year it was $27 to park and this year it will be $30. You can purchase parking passes in advance for $27.

What's interesting here is that the Chiefs are almost a victim of their own success. They want parking to be smooth and they want fans in their seats early. That's hard to do when you have one of the best tailgating scene in America.

I don't know how it would work but it would be cool if the Chiefs could tie parking to winning and losing. On games they win, folks are charged $35 to park. On games they lose, they're charged $25.

What would you do?

Discuss Thrower
06-25-2014, 03:59 PM
Honestly, they should arrange lots in favor of those who want to tailgate and those who go straight into the stadium or crash other's parties.

Good luck figuring out how to do that, though.

wazu
06-25-2014, 04:06 PM
Been a Chiefs season ticket holder for a long time. Generally haven't felt that parking was that big of a deal other than being too expensive. But then again I pretty much never go without showing up hours ahead of time to tailgate.

Kansas City Kid
06-25-2014, 04:08 PM
I've been a season ticket holder since 1991 and ponied up for the Gold Lot pass when I had the chance. Never had any problems getting in, tailgaiting, and getting out of there.

Eleazar
06-25-2014, 04:09 PM
To me the problem with the gameday experience is not the parking lot, it's the massive horde of people trying to get through the patdowns and through the turnstiles

Discuss Thrower
06-25-2014, 04:11 PM
To me the problem with the gameday experience is not the parking lot, it's the massive horde of people trying to get through the patdowns and through the turnstiles

That can be remedied by increasing the amount of "security" screeners at the gates.. I've always thought they were a bit light on staffing for that.

Discuss Thrower
06-25-2014, 04:13 PM
I've been a season ticket holder since 1991 and ponied up for the Gold Lot pass when I had the chance. Never had any problems getting in, tailgaiting, and getting out of there.

Is it still gold or does gold = platinum?

Kansas City Kid
06-25-2014, 04:14 PM
Mine is a Gold Pass.....but looking to upgrade to Platinum this season.

cosmo20002
06-25-2014, 06:44 PM
I don't know how it would work but it would be cool if the Chiefs could tie parking to winning and losing. On games they win, folks are charged $35 to park. On games they lose, they're charged $25.

The whole principle of having to pay to park my car at your facility to attend an event at your facility that I had to pay to enter is kind of fucked up. It's not like there are a lot of alternatives to get yourself to the stadium.

I know there are expenses, but $30 to park my car for a few hours to attend an event I bought a ticket for just seems obscene.:cuss:

TribalElder
06-25-2014, 08:45 PM
Just another reason I will be watching on TV LMAO

also

who do you have to strangle to get a platinum parking pass

hometeam
06-25-2014, 08:48 PM
i usually park across the road from lot A at the little gas station there. My bet is more pople gonna be all up in my spot~

thabear04
06-25-2014, 08:51 PM
Good breakdown of the changes (and price hike) by Arrowhead Pride: http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2014/6/25/5842316/kansas-city-chiefs-parking-price-increase

Kansas City Chiefs "Parking Enhancements" include a price hike
By Joel Thorman  @JoelThorman on Jun 25 2014, 12:55p

The Kansas City Chiefs issued a release with the headline "Parking Enhancements Announced".

That depends on your viewpoint.

Here is the Chiefs press release on their parking changes, which includes routing changes to make parking more efficient as well as a price hike.

The good

The Chiefs did some work last year with a parking analytics company that will help them route cars so that Chiefs fans can enter the stadium in the most efficient way possible.
All traffic will now flow to the right to increase efficiency.
For season ticket holders, the Chiefs will be recommending an entry based on how you've entered the stadium in the past. Good use of data.
Overall, the Chiefs are trying to speed up the parking process, which is a very good thing for those who have been stuck in a line at a quarter to noon.
The Chiefs parking price remains slightly under last year's league average.

The bad

Less places to enter the stadium for cash payers. Gate 5 (the one off of 435 which runs past the practice facility) will no longer take cash, only prepaid parking passes.
The Chiefs said there was "heavy traffic congestion" at that gate, which suggests a lot of people will be required to change their entrance.
If shutting down Gate 5 to cash payers increases efficiency for everyone, it will be a good thing ... but not necessarily for those people who used to enter through Gate 5 that now can't (like me, since that's my entrance ... if I were a paying customer and not some media bum).

The ugly

The hidden headline almost 500 words into the press release is that the Chiefs are raising the cost of parking at Arrowhead.
Last year it was $27 to park and this year it will be $30. You can purchase parking passes in advance for $27.

What's interesting here is that the Chiefs are almost a victim of their own success. They want parking to be smooth and they want fans in their seats early. That's hard to do when you have one of the best tailgating scene in America.

What would you do?

Think it was like $35 for parking when I went to the Chiefs vs Raider game. And our group didn't even get to park next to each other. But San Diego parking is better cause you can park anywhere you want to.

Mojo Jojo
06-25-2014, 09:57 PM
The whole principle of having to pay to park my car at your facility to attend an event at your facility that I had to pay to enter is kind of ****ed up. It's not like there are a lot of alternatives to get yourself to the stadium.

I know there are expenses, but $30 to park my car for a few hours to attend an event I bought a ticket for just seems obscene.:cuss:
Why? You pay to park at a hotel you pay to sleep at.

cosmo20002
06-25-2014, 10:01 PM
Why? You pay to park at a hotel you pay to sleep at.

Not at the vast majority of hotels.

06-25-2014, 10:36 PM
Crap gate 5 was our prime entrance. Now we have to go to that lot 6 mess because of the direction change.

06-25-2014, 10:44 PM
Just noticed they are trying to force all RVs to lot A. That won't go over well

Garcia Bronco
06-25-2014, 10:45 PM
Just take mass transit clowns. You guys don't have at least city buses running in to that place?

ChiefsCountry
06-25-2014, 10:54 PM
Just take mass transit clowns. You guys don't have at least city buses running in to that place?

ROFL

06-25-2014, 11:05 PM
ROFL

Exactly. LMAO

Discuss Thrower
06-25-2014, 11:56 PM
ROFL

Heh, I remember the "Jo" or whatever the fuck they were called buses lined up outside teh stadium as a kid.

LoneWolf
06-26-2014, 03:52 AM
Crap gate 5 was our prime entrance. Now we have to go to that lot 6 mess because of the direction change.

I park on the grass outside of lot D and Gate 5 has always been the gate I entered at. This change works out great for our group. The last couple of years we had to just drive around security with them yelling at us until we got to our spot. Now we will be forced to go the direction we want to go anyway.

|Zach|
06-26-2014, 04:01 AM
I don't even remember if the Chiefs won that game, and after all that....I really didn't giv a shit if they did lol

Modern day Arrowhead and "Chiefs fans" summed up perfectly.

LoneWolf
06-26-2014, 04:07 AM

Yes, because soccer fans around the world never drink and have been perfect examples of how sports fans should act.

Please just shut the fuck up and enjoy the World Cup game today. I'm sure all those people at power and light will be drinking water and nary a cuss word will be heard.

|Zach|
06-26-2014, 04:32 AM
Yes, because soccer fans around the world never drink and have been perfect examples of how sports fans should act.

Please just shut the **** up and enjoy the World Cup game today. I'm sure all those people at power and light will be drinking water and nary a cuss word will be heard.

If you don't see how much Arrowhead is compared to what it used to be I don't know what to tell you.

Hey at least I will be able to tell you what happens with the game today.

But hey why enjoy a sport when you can use it as am excuse to get drunk.

06-26-2014, 04:49 AM
If you don't see how much Arrowhead is compared to what it used to be I don't know what to tell you.

Hey at least I will be able to tell you what happens with the game today.

But hey why enjoy a sport when you can use it as am excuse to get drunk.

That is the one thing about the Arrowhead experience I hate. People can't even speak coherently by halftime. I go to party before the game and then actually WATCH the game. Not spend the entire time going for beer then bathroom then beer then bathroom and sometimes both.

I actually prefer to be seated in the middle of the damn rows so I don't have to be bothered to move for these people.

|Zach|
06-26-2014, 04:51 AM
That is the one thing about the Arrowhead experience I hate. People can't even speak coherently by halftime. I go to party before the game and then actually WATCH the game. Not spend the entire time going for beer then bathroom then beer then bathroom and sometimes both.

I actually prefer to be seated in the middle of the damn rows so I don't have to be bothered to move for these people.

It is incredible how many people can't hold their booze at Chiefs games.

DRU
06-26-2014, 04:52 AM

It doesn't help. I'm in the middle and their drunk asses never go the right away, so they're always crossing over the middle anyway.

06-26-2014, 04:59 AM
It doesn't help. I'm in the middle and their drunk asses never go the right away, so they're always crossing over the middle anyway.

Yeah, I've had a few of those. I'd be perfectly happy with the 2 seat row up in the corner to be honest. Of course, then I would have people walking in front of my view going up and down the stairs. There is just no beating the drunks at this game. We should start tripping them on their way down.

barrett2345
06-30-2014, 02:59 PM
It sucks that they are messing with parking again. However, I am hoping that I can make 2-3 games. :)

Phobia
06-30-2014, 03:14 PM
I trust this parking consulting company is more efficient than the chiefs scouting dept. I would hate to believe it's going to take them 50 years to correct the parking lot woes.

Bowser
06-30-2014, 03:16 PM

Oh, so you're one of those noodledicks that crashes everyone's tailgate without contributing food, beer, or money. Good info to have.

Rausch
06-30-2014, 03:18 PM
I trust this parking consulting company is more efficient than the chiefs scouting dept.

How do you fail more than complete failure?....

HonestChieffan
06-30-2014, 03:31 PM
Parking and TGing was so much better under Carl.

Rausch
06-30-2014, 03:35 PM
Parking and TGing was so much better under Carl.

The trains were on time...

Dayze
06-30-2014, 06:39 PM

I don' remember if they won or not because it was 14 fucking years ago. not because I was shit faced.