PDA

View Full Version : News Tiger leaps onto boat, snatches man in east India

scho63
06-27-2014, 07:28 AM
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

==================================

http://news.yahoo.com/tiger-leaps-onto-boat-snatches-man-east-india-090431380.html

KOLKATA, India (AP) — A Bengal tiger snatched a man off a fishing boat in eastern India, dragging him away into a mangrove swamp as his children looked on in horror, the man's son said Friday.

The attack happened Thursday as Sushil Manjhi and his son and daughter were crab fishing in a stream in the Sunderbans National Park. The tiger leaped aboard the boat and clamped its jaws on Manjhi's neck, said Sushil's son, Jyotish.

The tiger "quickly flung my father on his back and gave a giant leap before disappearing into the forest," Jyotish said by telephone from his village of Lahiripur in West Bengal state. He said he and his sister tried to beat the animal with sticks and a knife, but the thrashing had no effect. His father was dragged away and was presumed dead.

The attack underlines the difficult existence of millions of poor Indians who make a living by scavenging in forests and rivers, often at risk from wild predators. Many villagers fish for crabs in the Sunderbans — even though it's illegal in the protected reserve — because they fetch a good price at markets in nearby towns.

The national park is one of the largest reserves for the royal Bengal tiger. Thursday's attack was the fourth deadly assault by a tiger this year in the Sunderbans, wildlife officials said.

India has more than half of the 3,200 tigers believed to be left in the wild in the world. But as the country undergoes breakneck development to accommodate the growth of its 1.2 billion people, tiger habitats have been shrinking.

The big cat's numbers have also dwindled because of rampant poaching to feed a flourishing market for tiger organs and bones in China.

notorious
06-27-2014, 07:30 AM
There are only 3200 tigers left?

Chief_For_Life58
06-27-2014, 07:31 AM
damn nature you scary

KCUnited
06-27-2014, 07:33 AM
Life of Pi II: Eaten Alive

Pasta Little Brioni
06-27-2014, 08:07 AM
It thought his name was Sushi and figured he tasted good raw

Dunerdr
06-27-2014, 08:08 AM
Don't fish illegally=don't get eaten by a tiger. I don't see the problem. The park ranger didn't get ya so yogi did.

Dartgod
06-27-2014, 08:09 AM
Reminds me of this Monty Python skit for some reason.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/oLdk2C25Z14" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TribalElder
06-27-2014, 08:11 AM
People are tasty

- Tiger

cosmo20002
06-27-2014, 08:11 AM
KOLKATA, India (AP) — A Bengal tiger snatched a man off a fishing boat in eastern India, dragging him away into a mangrove swamp as his children looked on in horror, the man's son said Friday.

Fucking Bengals

Kidd Lex
06-27-2014, 08:13 AM
****ing Bengals

Please no references to football, this is a current events forum.

loochy
06-27-2014, 08:20 AM
TIGER

TIGER

TIGER UPPERCUT

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/BTMA5og-Wwo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TribalElder
06-27-2014, 08:22 AM
http://www.animateit.net/data/media/feb2013/th_Tiger_attack_elephant.gif

Kaepernick
06-27-2014, 08:25 AM

Mother of God!

TribalElder
06-27-2014, 08:27 AM
Mother of God!

Indian food is my favorite

- Tiger

KC native
06-27-2014, 08:28 AM
I watched a documentary on tigers in the Sunderbans forest not too long ago. Apparently they find humans to be quite tasty.

Perineum Ripper
06-27-2014, 08:31 AM

Is it just me or did that tiger just nut shot the elephant driver with its claws

Pasta Little Brioni
06-27-2014, 08:35 AM
Elder will post that gif after all 10 mizzou hoops win this year

Fish
06-27-2014, 08:37 AM
People are tasty

- Tiger

http://fhc.leadchangegroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Good_to_Great_Leadership_Image1.jpg

KC_Lee
06-27-2014, 08:41 AM
Go tiger.

TribalElder
06-27-2014, 08:46 AM
Elder will post that gif after all 10 mizzou hoops win this year

:toast::bravo:

DJJasonp
06-27-2014, 09:12 AM
Is it just me or did that tiger just nut shot the elephant driver with its claws

Reporting for the associated press, I'm Claude Bawls.

Rain Man
06-27-2014, 09:21 AM
This happens all the time at water parks. Corporate interests just cover it up and give the family season passes.

MahiMike
06-27-2014, 09:30 AM
Indians taste like chicken. Dark meat of course.

Rain Man
06-27-2014, 09:49 AM
Indians taste like chicken. Dark meat of course.

That's a culture that eats a lot of spicy food. I wonder if that carries forward and the tiger gets spicy food when he eats them.

MVChiefFan
06-27-2014, 09:50 AM
You know, I've been thinking about this very thing. I was at the Field Museum in Chicago last weekend and checking out the lions of Tsavo and wondering, is there any real chance to defend yourself from an attack by a lion, tiger, bear or other large predatory animals? I mean obviously a gun would do the trick but say you had no weapons and was suddenly attacked, not chased, but attacked, what would you do? What could you do?

Rain Man
06-27-2014, 09:58 AM
You know, I've been thinking about this very thing. I was at the Field Museum in Chicago last weekend and checking out the lions of Tsavo and wondering, is there any real chance to defend yourself from an attack by a lion, tiger, bear or other large predatory animals? I mean obviously a gun would do the trick but say you had no weapons and was suddenly attacked, not chased, but attacked, what would you do? What could you do?

I suspect your best bet is to choke them on the way down.

I've wrestled house cats before and lost. I don't think there's any chance against something that weighs 4 times more than you, carries the equivalent of 25 knives, and has 2 percent body fat.

BigRichard
06-27-2014, 10:00 AM

Eyes is about your only defense I believe.

KC native
06-27-2014, 10:00 AM

You would die. You could die.

Big Poppa Payne
06-27-2014, 10:04 AM

I think they say the best defense is to stand still and not move but maybe that's only against bears. If any of those 3 attacked I don't think it's possible to fend them off.

BigRichard
06-27-2014, 10:07 AM

Is there a video of the rest of this attack? I would love to see it.

Edit: Nevermind, found it.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/M4t0aeTX954" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Not much more to see. Looks like he lost some fingers.

ChiefsCountry
06-27-2014, 10:08 AM
He should have laid off the pepper for lunch.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XIYYoeFB45Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Donger
06-27-2014, 10:09 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/eATNNiJgud8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Al Bundy
06-27-2014, 10:14 AM
Well no wonder they don't mind having 4 adults share a one bedroom apartment here, at least they're not running from Bengal Tigers in the US.

Demonpenz
06-27-2014, 10:17 AM
Michael Sam and Kumar get married.

Dartgod
06-27-2014, 10:21 AM
I think they say the best defense is to stand still and not move but maybe that's only against bears. If any of those 3 attacked I don't think it's possible to fend them off.

Stay calm. Get in the fetal position. It won't bother you if you're in the fetal position.

Abort the fetal position! It's not working!

BigRichard
06-27-2014, 10:23 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/eATNNiJgud8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That guy had to be cleaning his drawers out after that one. But he was definitely playing it cool at the end.

BWillie
06-27-2014, 10:41 AM
Life of Pi II: Eaten Alive

My thoughts exactly!

Mr. Laz
06-27-2014, 10:41 AM
3000 tigers
1 billion Indians

I'd say it's a win for world. :shrug:

Strongside
06-27-2014, 10:46 AM
Maybe he will come back as a rich American man now.

Strongside
06-27-2014, 10:50 AM

Fuck that guy. I love to hunt, but I can't get behind rich assholes that sport hunt trophies like that.

kcfanXIII
06-27-2014, 11:13 AM
somebody needs to get this Woods guy under control...

BigRichard
06-27-2014, 12:19 PM

I almost laughed once I figured out what the fuck you were getting at.

Just Passin' By
06-27-2014, 12:23 PM

I'm a Patriots fan, but that was one time where I was hoping for a Lions win.

BigRichard
06-27-2014, 12:26 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MNCzSfv4hX8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Check out this crazy fucker.

displacedinMN
06-27-2014, 12:30 PM

Thinking that too.

His back must be feeling a lot better.

Eleazar
06-27-2014, 12:33 PM
The attack happened Thursday as Sushil Manjhi and his son and daughter were crab fishing in a stream in the Sunderbans National Park.

What a sad story. Sushi got rolled.

The kids are probably thankful the tiger only ateadaddy, and didn't edamame

Mr. Laz
06-27-2014, 01:27 PM
What a sad story. Sushi got rolled.

The kids are probably thankful the tiger only ateadaddy, and didn't edamame

lol

o:-)

Pepe Silvia
06-27-2014, 01:30 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QpygJkPXQX0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OldSchool
06-27-2014, 01:36 PM
Population control. Illegal fishing so I don't feel too bad for them. Tigers gotta eat.

bdj23
06-27-2014, 01:44 PM
So there am, in Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, at about 3 o'clock in the morning, looking for one thousand brown M&Ms to fill a brandy glass, or Ozzy wouldn't go on stage that night. So, Jeff Beck pops his head 'round the door, and mentions there's a little sweets shop on the edge of town. So - we go. And - it's closed. So there's me, and Keith Moon, and David Crosby, breaking into that little sweets shop, eh. Well, instead of a guard dog, they've got this bloody great big Bengal tiger. I managed to take out the tiger with a can of mace, but the shopowner and his son... that's a different story altogether. I had to beat them to death with their own shoes. Nasty business, really. But, sure enough, I got the M&Ms, and Ozzy went on stage and did a great show.

lcarus
06-27-2014, 04:01 PM
Guy shouldn't have been on a boat in East India. Serves him right.

Raiderhater
06-27-2014, 04:01 PM
It seemed to be the safe solution.......

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Iir9LDSl7qI/R4uwCClxplI/AAAAAAAAKTo/XLtxQhrnmrA/s400/NEVER+GET+OUT+3a.jpg

NinerDoug
06-27-2014, 04:19 PM
Wow. Who would have guessed that tigers like Indian food.

BigMeatballDave
06-27-2014, 04:26 PM
This has been a big problem in the Sunderbans for several years.

kcxiv
06-27-2014, 04:41 PM
TIGER

TIGER

TIGER UPPERCUT

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/BTMA5og-Wwo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YFyCvWtkc7k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bonchan from Japan best Sagat in the world. One of the best players in the world too!

Hog's Gone Fishin
06-27-2014, 07:12 PM
Happens to me all the time. Luckily I have a talent that ,well, lets just say they leave happy.

Dave Lane
06-27-2014, 07:15 PM
People flakes. They're great!

jd1020
06-27-2014, 07:16 PM
http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID2108/images/tiger_woods_200803_ap1.jpg

Dave Lane
06-27-2014, 07:16 PM
This one really goes with the Get in Mah belly!! lounge.

rico
06-27-2014, 07:26 PM
http://newscrowds.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/chef-apocalypse-now.jpg

"Never get outta the boat! Never get outta the boat!!! Hi tiger, bye tiger!!! never get outta the boat!!!"

Well Chef, I think this story proves that there may be exceptions to that rule...

rico
06-27-2014, 07:27 PM
It seemed to be the safe solution.......

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Iir9LDSl7qI/R4uwCClxplI/AAAAAAAAKTo/XLtxQhrnmrA/s400/NEVER+GET+OUT+3a.jpg

Oh jeezuzz...you beat me to it... that's a rep.

Sorter
06-27-2014, 07:48 PM
Awesome.

Dayze
06-27-2014, 08:59 PM
this is what happens when Slugger's kin find out about stupid lawsuits.

Sorter
06-27-2014, 09:26 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/a-toast.gif

mikey23545
06-27-2014, 10:26 PM
I suspect your best bet is to choke them on the way down.

I've wrestled house cats before and lost. I don't think there's any chance against something that weighs 4 times more, carries the equivalent of 25 knives, and has 2 percent body fat.

LMAO

OldSchool
06-28-2014, 05:41 AM
Poke its eyes, find and bite the jugular, grab the nearest hard object, etc. You've probably got about a 1% chance of doing enough to make it let go of you if you managed to see it coming. No chance if it gets the back of your neck or your head.

I think I'd rather have to fight a Grizzly off than have to fight a tiger/lion. Both things can and will kill you but the big cats are far better at it.

WhiteWhale
06-28-2014, 07:02 AM
There are only 3200 tigers left?

Thanks to big game hunting Lions won't be far behind. I doubt either will exist in another 20 years.

MahiMike
06-28-2014, 09:26 AM

John belushi grabbed one by the nuts in a movie once.

srvy
06-28-2014, 11:00 AM
Thanks to big game hunting Lions won't be far behind. I doubt either will exist in another 20 years.

Its not the big game hunting its the poaching. Big difference. Even Jungle Jack Hanna will tell you that the hunting to cull overpopulation is healthy. What remains of the habitat and unlawful poaching is doing in the Lion not big game hunting.

srvy
06-28-2014, 11:15 AM
Poke its eyes, find and bite the jugular, grab the nearest hard object, etc. You've probably got about a 1% chance of doing enough to make it let go of you if you managed to see it coming. No chance if it gets the back of your neck or your head.

I think I'd rather have to fight a Grizzly off than have to fight a tiger/lion. Both things can and will kill you but the big cats are far better at it.

Read "Death in the Long Grass". Lions and Tigers are high on his list but not at the top. Elephants he said are the most dangerous especially with young calves. He used to have to cull the herds in Africa for the African wildlife commission. He has seen villagers stomped to the consistency of grape jelly, What was left would fill a jelly jar. Also Crocks, Hippos and Cape Buffalo were surprisingly volatile and man killers.

He later guided hunters on Kodiak Island for Grizzly Bear. I found a new respect for this animal and considered it maybe the most dangerous animal anywhere in the world. Mostly because its disposition. It was unpredictable and the slightest thing could set them off on a charge. Once infuriated they don't stop till they have ripped you to shreds and take great pleasure in ripping open chest cavities of animals still alive and eating their inards while they watch with there last dieing breaths.

GloucesterChief
06-28-2014, 11:59 AM
Hippos kill more people in Africa then any other animal. They are territorial as hell, incredibly aggressive for a herbivore, will actively kill crocodiles when they have young around, and see humans as threats. They are also surprisingly stealthy in water and fast out of water.

Why Not?
06-28-2014, 01:59 PM

You could think to yourself "I'm a fucking dumbass for being around these beasts with no gun". And then die.

kcfanXIII
06-28-2014, 03:13 PM

why do you think domestic cats are only bred to certain sizes? Because they are godless killing machines, that's why. Imagine a house cat the size of a german Shepard.

suzzer99
06-28-2014, 03:22 PM
Is there a video of the rest of this attack? I would love to see it.

Edit: Nevermind, found it.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/M4t0aeTX954" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Not much more to see. Looks like he lost some fingers.

I read somewhere that the mahout (elephant driver) lost his arm. They had been stalking the tiger to try to tranquilize and tag it. Tiger got pissed eventually I guess. It's just amazing how the tiger can be completely invisible in that tall grass.

Eleazar
06-28-2014, 03:28 PM
why do you think domestic cats are only bred to certain sizes? Because they are godless killing machines, that's why. Imagine a house cat the size of a german Shepard.

haha. He'd be bringing toddlers to your back porch instead of mice

srvy
06-28-2014, 03:36 PM
I read somewhere that the mahout (elephant driver) lost his arm. They had been stalking the tiger to try to tranquilize and tag it. Tiger got pissed eventually I guess. It's just amazing how the tiger can be completely invisible in that tall grass.

Many times if you survive the attack you will die from infection from bites and claw scratches. especially Leopards.

srvy
06-28-2014, 03:56 PM

Many times if you survive the attack you will die from infection from bites and claw scratches. especially Leopards.

Rain Man
06-28-2014, 04:09 PM
In re-reading the title, it makes it sound like the tiger chartered a ship to go to East India to get this guy. They must have had some sort of past hostility.

Bwana
06-28-2014, 07:26 PM
My brother flys all over the place and shoots a lot of photography. I wouldn't want to mess with a tiger. Go here: http://www.naturallywild.com/#!/index click on India and then tigers. Beautiful but deadly.

ghak99
06-28-2014, 07:45 PM

LMAO

Do you always post stupid shit?

GloryDayz
06-28-2014, 07:59 PM
The whole country seems fucked up!!!! See:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Hf-znKiVwyk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There's a 5-minutes version too! JFC!

Color Red
06-28-2014, 08:19 PM
Please no references to football, this is a current events forum.

This is current events, and this story invites the interest to seriously consider changing the name of the NFL team from Cincinnati. Doesn't regard for the dignity of the poor victim in this story and others like him demand us to seriously consider a name change? I mean, how could you cheer for a team named after such a modern, predatory animal that brutally victimizes human beings?

Something to consider.

TOUCHDOWN!!! KC
06-28-2014, 11:02 PM
Friends of mine raised Tobi. Who is now at the Nashville zoo.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q277/evacraq/Mobile%20Uploads/559995_314480148626198_1749498446_n_zps94f2ae73.jpg (http://s138.photobucket.com/user/evacraq/media/Mobile%20Uploads/559995_314480148626198_1749498446_n_zps94f2ae73.jpg.html)

salame
06-29-2014, 01:20 AM
^^^^^
yikes