PDA

View Full Version : Life After 6 months, legal pot in Colorado a mix of highs, lows

Donger
06-27-2014, 07:49 AM
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/after-6-months-legal-pot-in-colorado-a-mix-of-highs-lows-related-crime-down-impaired-driving-up06262014

DENVER - Nearly six months after Colorado became the first in the world to sell legal recreational marijuana, industry advocates are playing up the high points -- specifically an economic boom and crime in Denver actually declining.

"I think a lot of people are looking at Colorado, and when you see crime going down, that’s a huge sign of success," said Michael Elliot, executive director of the Marijuana Industry Group. "I think so many things people were scared about have been shown to be nonsense."

The first four months of recreational pot sales has brought in nearly $11 million in tax revenue, demand for real estate has gone up, and the marijuana industry estimates there are currently 10,000 people working in the business.

On Thursday, the state announced that during 20 undercover operations to test if pot shops would sell to minors, not a single store sold to a child.

"The Division prides itself on ensuring public safety; we are pleased with the results and will continue to monitor the businesses to ensure that the compliance efforts are maintained," said Lewis Koski, Director of the Marijuana Enforcement Division.

But while the state hasn't gone up in smoke, not everyone agrees Colorado is better off and safer.

The state's largest provider of community detox centers, Arapahoe House, reported this week that DUI admissions involving marijuana have nearly doubled since legalization.

In 2013, 8 percent of admissions were accused of driving under the influence of marijuana, and now that's up to 15 percent.

"We're only seeing recreational legalization in it's infancy, but it's already having an impact on public safety," said Araphoe House spokeswoman Kate Edmundson.

7NEWS found small children continue to get their hands on marijuana, particularly edibles.

The Rocky Mountain Poison Control Center said, so far this year it's had 19 calls from people reporting pot ingestion by children younger than 5 years old.

Children's Hospital Colorado said it's treated 11 kids who've ingested edibles marijuana, six of whom have become critically ill.

Simply Red
06-27-2014, 07:53 AM
http://i.imgur.com/OEs2N0q.gif

Simply Red
06-27-2014, 07:54 AM
http://i.imgur.com/C8o6Eun.jpg

KC native
06-27-2014, 08:15 AM
donger is disappointed it has been successful.

Donger
06-27-2014, 08:17 AM
donger is disappointed it has been successful.

By successful, I take it you mean the tax revenue and pot jobs?

TribalElder
06-27-2014, 08:18 AM
http://m.quickmeme.com/img/8c/8c076be64845842da499b13573d69580c6615b9ede027288f9816ac86ffee977.jpg

TribalElder
06-27-2014, 08:18 AM
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/45/81/c9/4581c99647ad4bd8f5f6ba8bad80e2ae.jpg

TribalElder
06-27-2014, 08:19 AM
http://anongallery.org/img/7993/10-guy-plate-laundry.jpg

KC native

Yes, and peaceful stoners not causing problems.

Prison Bitch
Unemployment hasn't changed in the state really so this "boom" needs to be proven. Reminds me of the stem cell debate 15 years ago, another time liberals promised all sorts of grand benefits. Nothing much came of that either.

Donger
06-27-2014, 08:21 AM
Yes, and peaceful stoners not causing problems.

I see. I suppose time will tell if the new tax revenue will cover the harm that the legalized use has brought and will bring.

KC native
06-27-2014, 08:21 AM
I see. I suppose time will tell if the new tax revenue will cover the harm that the legalized use has brought and will bring.

LMAO disappointed donger is disappointed.

KC native
06-27-2014, 08:23 AM
Unemployment hasn't changed in the state really so this "boom" needs to be proven. Reminds me of the stem cell debate 15 years ago, another time liberals promised all sorts of grand benefits. Nothing much came of that either.

Because the hiring took place long before weed became legal there. I already embarrassed you in DC when you tried this nonsense argument once. Just go reread it instead of rehashing it in the lounge fuckstick.

Pasta Little Brioni
06-27-2014, 08:24 AM
http://i.imgur.com/C8o6Eun.jpg

That dude posts here

Donger
06-27-2014, 08:24 AM

Am I disappointed that Colorado chose to legalize pot in some locations? Yes, I am. I voted against it.

I don't really see why that is funny or unfunny.

Simply Red
06-27-2014, 08:25 AM
That dude lives in Mission Viejo Ca. and posts nowhere - as he owns no PC.

only chips and pot and pop.

KC native
06-27-2014, 08:26 AM
Am I disappointed that Colorado chose to legalize pot in some locations? Yes, I am. I voted against it.

Because you have a terrible sense of humor. :D

KC native
06-27-2014, 08:26 AM
That dude posts here

It's Bump.

Prison Bitch
06-27-2014, 08:28 AM
Because the hiring took place long before weed became legal there. I already embarrassed you in DC when you tried this nonsense argument once. Just go reread it instead of rehashing it in the lounge ****stick.

The only person you've ever embarrassed on this board is yourself.

Hiring wasn't big before the law became live either, nor are tax receipts YTD up in any meaningful way either. It's great we have actual data so we don't have to listen to your insane stupidity.

Otter
06-27-2014, 08:29 AM
Children's Hospital Colorado said it's treated 11 kids who've ingested edibles marijuana, six of whom have become critically ill.

Hehe, I've seen adults over do it on the edibles more than once and I'd love to see the authors definition of "critically ill". Because if "critically ill" means means 'holy shit, that tree is talking to me, I don't know where am I at, take me to the hospital because I'm freaking out', I'll agree with them.

Otherwise I'm going to have to call bullshit on using the term critically ill.

Durango still doesn't have any stores that sell weed. But that's kinda like saying Durango doesn't have any stores that sell pictures of mountains.

Donger
06-27-2014, 08:31 AM
Because you have a terrible sense of humor. :D

Of course I do. It's just a little dry.

Chief_For_Life58
06-27-2014, 08:33 AM
why does weed being legal affect you?

KC native
06-27-2014, 08:34 AM
Of course I do. It's just a little dry.

I bet you're a huge Mr Bean fan.

Chief_For_Life58
do you own a private prison?

Johnny Vegas

supposedly his kids have easier access to it as well as he fears his face could get eaten off while still alive by some stoned out crazy homeless person.

Donger
06-27-2014, 08:38 AM

Pretty much the same way that legal alcohol (or any other drug for that matter) affects me.

I do hate that my state now has become rather synonymous with pot. We have fantastic weather, beautiful scenery (see mountains and Katipan). We really didn't need anything else. Kansas or Misery? Sure, legalized pot would have made them much more attractive.

Otter
06-27-2014, 08:40 AM
supposedly his kids have easier access to it as well as he fears his face could get eaten off while still alive by some stoned out crazy homeless person.

"I could have sworn he was a giant Cheeto man!!!".

Donger
06-27-2014, 08:43 AM

I actually had to look that up.

KC native
06-27-2014, 08:47 AM
I actually had to look that up.

lies

Donger
06-27-2014, 08:48 AM
lies

No, truth. I had heard the name before, but didn't know that it was Atkinson. I've never seen it before.

TribalElder
06-27-2014, 08:52 AM
Seriously, pot should be legal who cares

The only reason it's a big deal is because closed minded opposers make it a big deal. That is what drives curiousity in the younger generation. You don't see German kids go binge drinking because underage drinking isn't a big deal in that culture. Time for people to grow the **** up and get out of the way. Opposers cause the problem and I could give a **** less about pot personally

Halfcan
06-27-2014, 08:53 AM
Pretty much the same way that legal alcohol (or any other drug for that matter) affects me.

I do hate that my state now has become rather synonymous with pot. We have fantastic weather, beautiful scenery (see mountains and Katipan). We really didn't need anything else. Kansas or Misery? Sure, legalized pot would have made them much more attractive.

Snub you nose at other states much? Colorado is beautiful when it is not in blizzard conditions or freezing cold. It is very expensive plus you have a ghey football team- so there is that. Go smoke a "legal" joint and quit being so high and mighty. Missouri has a lot of beautiful Federal and State parks, nature preserves, river trails and scenic towns. Maybe you should visit sometime.

KC native
06-27-2014, 08:54 AM
No, truth. I had heard the name before, but didn't know that it was Atkinson. I've never seen it before.

I picture you as a Mr Bean clone. Seems fitting.

TribalElder
06-27-2014, 08:54 AM
Snub you nose at other states much? Colorado is beautiful when it is not in blizzard conditions or freezing cold. It is very expensive plus you have a ghey football team- so there is that. Go smoke a "legal" joint and quit being so high and mighty. Missouri has a lot of beautiful Federal and State parks, nature preserves, river trails and scenic towns. Maybe you should visit sometime.
Missouri is the holy land

- Mormons

KC native
06-27-2014, 08:55 AM
Missouri is the holy land

- Mormons

Until they kicked us out. Now it's Utah - the same Mormons.

TribalElder
06-27-2014, 08:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZLX-xmNs4g

Donger
06-27-2014, 08:58 AM

Considering that I was raised in Kansas City, I assure you I am familiar with the splendor of each states' natural beauty.

scorpio
06-27-2014, 08:58 AM
I live in Fort Collins and I have noticed literally nothing different since it was decriminalized. The people who wanted it could already get it with no trouble. At least the state gets a slice of the pie now.

DaFace
06-27-2014, 09:01 AM
The state's largest provider of community detox centers, Arapahoe House, reported this week that DUI admissions involving marijuana have nearly doubled since legalization.

In 2013, 8 percent of admissions were accused of driving under the influence of marijuana, and now that's up to 15 percent.

"We're only seeing recreational legalization in it's infancy, but it's already having an impact on public safety," said Araphoe House spokeswoman Kate Edmundson.

7NEWS found small children continue to get their hands on marijuana, particularly edibles.

The Rocky Mountain Poison Control Center said, so far this year it's had 19 calls from people reporting pot ingestion by children younger than 5 years old.

There are nuances on the pro-weed side as well (most notably that there's no way you can identify a causal relationship in crime rates after 6 months), but the DUI stuff is weird to me. When the state makes a focused effort to step up enforcement of weed DUIs, why would it be in any way surprising that the number of people admitted to a detox center for weed DUI is going up? Not only that, but most would agree that a weed DUI isn't as dangerous as an alcohol DUI (not saying it's not dangerous at all), so if you can change drunk drivers into stoned drivers, you're actually helping safety marginally.

The edibles thing is problematic for sure, though. It sounds like the state is working on much more strict restrictions on edibles, so hopefully that gets taken care of soon.

Pasta Little Brioni
06-27-2014, 09:02 AM

ROFL

Pasta Little Brioni
06-27-2014, 09:04 AM
That dude lives in Mission Viejo Ca. and posts nowhere - as he owns no PC.

only chips and pot and pop.

I don't believe that. He's among us and loves the food threads.

Donger
06-27-2014, 09:05 AM
There are nuances on the pro-weed side as well (most notably that there's no way you can identify a causal relationship in crime rates after 6 months), but the DUI stuff is weird to me. When the state makes a focused effort to step up enforcement of weed DUIs, why would it be in any way surprising that the number of people admitted to a detox center for weed DUI is going up? Not only that, but most would agree that a weed DUI isn't as dangerous as an alcohol DUI (not saying it's not dangerous at all), so if you can change drunk drivers into stoned drivers, you're actually helping safety marginally.

The edibles thing is problematic for sure, though. It sounds like the state is working on much more strict restrictions on edibles, so hopefully that gets taken care of soon.

I'm not sure what steps have been taken to step up weed DUIs.

Of course, it could be that more people are now actually using pot now that it's legal. Something I was told wouldn't happen (looking at you, kcnative).

Chief_For_Life58
06-27-2014, 09:06 AM
Colorado has always been synonymous with weed. skiing, hippy liberals, and marijuana are what come to mind when anyone thinks of Colorado. get over it. you'r making a ton of cash off it.deal with it you old fuck

scorpio
06-27-2014, 09:08 AM

There's actually a ban on selling recreational edibles in Larimer County. I think the issue is that a single brownie can be up to like 10 doses and inexperienced people are snarfing down the whole thing at once. Marijuana definitely has psychedelic properties in large enough doses.

penguinz
06-27-2014, 09:09 AM

Of course, it could be that more people are now actually using pot now that it's legal. Something I was told wouldn't happen (looking at you, kcnative).I don't think more have started using. I think they just don;t feel like they have to hide at home after toking up now.

Donger
06-27-2014, 09:12 AM
Colorado has always been synonymous with weed. skiing, hippy liberals, and marijuana are what come to mind when anyone thinks of Colorado. get over it. you'r making a ton of cash off it.deal with it you old ****

Angry pothead is angry.

Hope I did that right...

Donger
06-27-2014, 09:12 AM
I don't think more have started using. I think they just don;t feel like they have to hide at home after toking up now.

As if that's a good thing?

penguinz
06-27-2014, 09:14 AM
As if that's a good thing?Did not say it was. But you can not state with fact that since there are more gettign arrested for DUI that more people are using.

DaFace
06-27-2014, 09:17 AM
There's actually a ban on selling recreational edibles in Larimer County. I think the issue is that a single brownie can be up to like 10 doses and inexperienced people are snarfing down the whole thing at once. Marijuana definitely has psychedelic properties in large enough doses.

Yeah, I don't understand why the manufacturers think it wouldn't be a problem to expect a consumer to break one cookie into 10 pieces. That's idiotic. I'm sure they'll have to raise prices if they make 10 cookies for 10 doses of course, but...sorry.

I'm as much a proponent of legalization for anyone, but I don't give a fuck if you can't make money off of it.

KC native
06-27-2014, 09:18 AM

Of course, it could be that more people are now actually using pot now that it's legal. Something I was told wouldn't happen (looking at you, kcnative).

Of course, that perception could be all in your head. Have you been eating weed edibles today donger?

DaFace

There really didn't used to be a way to give a DUI for weed other than field sobriety tests. They passed a blood stream limit for THC last year.

KC native
Angry pothead is angry.

Hope I did that right...

:thumb:

Fish
06-27-2014, 09:22 AM
Increase in marijuana-related DUIs?

http://www.therooster.com/sites/default/files/userfiles/images/saysomethinginteresting.jpg

In unrelated news, after prohibition was ended, there was an increase in alcohol-related DUIs. Scientists are still working hard on these perplexing mysteries...

Chief_For_Life58
06-27-2014, 09:22 AM
Angry pothead is angry.

Hope I did that right...

I don't smoke. I don't like wasting time. I'd be all for ks legalizing weed though. tax those stoners dry

Prison Bitch
06-27-2014, 09:24 AM
Colorado has always been synonymous with weed. skiing, hippy liberals, and marijuana are what come to mind when anyone thinks of Colorado. get over it. you'r making a ton of cash off it.deal with it you old ****

Nobody is "making a ton of cash off it" outside the dispensers. The state isn't making much (if any) off it. It's great we have Colorados actual tax receipts that prove this, rather than nutty uninformed rants

Contrarian
06-27-2014, 09:33 AM

Bullshit!

Contrarian
06-27-2014, 09:36 AM
Increase in marijuana-related DUIs?

http://www.therooster.com/sites/default/files/userfiles/images/saysomethinginteresting.jpg

In unrelated news, after prohibition was ended, there was an increase in alcohol-related DUIs. Scientists are still working hard on these perplexing mysteries...

But in the pot DUIs they were stopped for going under the speed limit by 20mph and eating fast food while driving. What a public menace.

rambleonthruthefog
06-27-2014, 09:38 AM

It's funny because your a hypocrite who chooses to expose his children to some dangerous drugs but denounces other legal drugs as very dangerous even though there is no proof of this danger.

Contrarian
06-27-2014, 09:39 AM
As if that's a good thing?

It is a good thing Bonger!

Johnny Vegas
06-27-2014, 09:40 AM
since the funds used to help fight wildfires get used up so fast during the summer I don't understand why Colorado didn't channel any of the tax revenue to fund fighting wildfires. They just put more money into funding marijuana prevention programs.

Donger
06-27-2014, 09:41 AM
Bullshit!

Unless you have the ability to see the future, no, it isn't bullshit.

Donger
06-27-2014, 09:41 AM
It's funny because your a hypocrite who chooses to expose his children to some dangerous drugs but denounces other legal drugs as very dangerous even though there is no proof of this danger.

I see. Another vote for "it's a harmless plant."

Noted.

Donger
06-27-2014, 09:42 AM
But in the pot DUIs they were stopped for going under the speed limit by 20mph and eating fast food while driving. What a public menace.

Surely you can see how that could be very dangerous.

Dave Lane
06-27-2014, 09:43 AM
Until they kicked us out. Now it's Utah - the same Mormons.

Actually I'm in Utah right now. Utah > Colorado for beauty and weather. Plus there's no legal pot. I'll expect Donger to immediately move to Utah.

Donger
06-27-2014, 09:44 AM
Actually I'm in Utah right now. Utah > Colorado for beauty and weather. Plus there's no legal pot. I'll expect Donger to immediately move to Utah.

I'm not a Mormon. Hence, I wouldn't be welcomed as a permanent resident of Utah.

Dante84
06-27-2014, 09:47 AM
How much is the state saving from not having to punish and imprison people for smoking weed?

How much of a hit have the drug cartels taken now that their main product is legal in just one state?

How much safer is the weed you are smoking, now that you know and trust where it was grown and how it is dispensed? I'd like to think its nice not having to worry if it's laced with chemicals that prevent it from being detected at the border or on the highway. It's gotta be nice knowing that it wasn't stuffed in a condom and slid up Lupita's ass as she swims across the pristine water of the Rio Grande.

Dave Lane
06-27-2014, 09:47 AM
I'm not a Mormon. Hence, I wouldn't be welcomed as a permanent resident of Utah.

They'll still take you. There are parts of Utah (which I generally avoid) that are heavily Mormon / Stepford wives friendly. Kinda odd to see 50's moms driving modern cars.

KC native
06-27-2014, 09:49 AM

My mother-in-law and mormons live in Utah. So, I have a natural aversion to that state.

KC native
06-27-2014, 09:50 AM

Time for you to convert then.

Donger
06-27-2014, 09:50 AM
How much is the state saving from not having to punish and imprison people for smoking weed?

How much of a hit have the drug cartels taken now that their main product is legal in just one state?

How much safer is the weed you are smoking, now that you know and trust where it was grown and how it is dispensed? I'd like to think its nice not having to worry if it's laced with chemicals that prevent it from being detected at the border or on the highway. It's gotta be nice knowing that it wasn't stuffed in a condom and slid up Lupita's ass as she swims across the pristine water of the Rio Grande.

Perhaps not as much as one might think:

DENVER — Federal agents raided a Denver marijuana dispensary early Wednesday suspected of having ties to a Colombia drug cartel — as the Drug Enforcement Administration announced its first major arrests since the state legalized recreational use of pot in 2012.

Agents from the Drug Enforcement Administration and Internal Revenue Service, along with state and local law enforcement, burst through the entrance of VIP Cannabis and began removing boxes of items, according the U.S. Attorney’s Office and the DEA.

Four men were attempting to mix Colombian monies with the proceeds they were making from selling marijuana in the U.S. to help further their drug trafficking efforts, the DEA said Wednesday. Three men were arrested in Denver, the fourth remains at large.

The men were identified as Hector Diaz, 49; David Jeffrey Furtado, 48; Luis Fernand Uribe, 28; and Gerardo Uribe, 33 and who is at large. They have been charged with a firearms violation, conspiracy and money laundering, among other charges. If convicted, they would face a maximum penalty of more than 40 years in prison and fines of more than $1 million.

Luis Uribe and David Furtado are slated to go before the magistrate on Thursday for a detention hearing and arraignment, according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office.

The raid follows Monday’s unsealing of a federal indictment that charges four men connected to V.I.P. Cannabis in Denver with money laundering related to the cultivation and distribution of marijuana.

According to the DEA, the men set up a shell corporation called the Colorado West Metal to establish a bank account at Wells Fargo Bank in Colorado. They then deposited hundreds of thousands of dollars into the account via wire transfers from Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argenteria (BBVA) and Banco de Occidente — both in Colombia — as well as cashier’s checks and money deposits made from the men’s burgeoning U.S. marijuana business.

The men then used their Wells Fargo account to purchase a large grow house in the Denver area, the DEA said.

Colorado became the first state in the nation to open retail marijuana shops Jan. 1 after voters legalized recreational pot in November 2012.

Attorney General Eric Holder has said the Justice Department was going to respect Colorado and Washington state’s marijuana legalization laws. However, a Justice Department memo to U.S. Attorneys in those states said they can pursue marijuana charges in certain cases.

VIP Cannabis was part of a larger raid in November aimed at unearthing connections to Colombia drug cartels that included more than a dozen Colorado pot shops and cultivation facilities.

The DEA, the Internal Revenue Service and the State Department’s Diplomatic Security Services are participating in the ongoing investigation.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/apr/30/feds-raid-denver-pot-shop-suspected-cartel-ties/#ixzz35r5a2AFc
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Katipan
06-27-2014, 09:51 AM
I was pretty sad about this report. Pot heads have a vested interest in making this work. But daface's reminder that they had no real system setup for weed duis last year, is comforting. I suppose next year's report will really show what were made of. I'd also really like to know how many of those arrests are stupid tourists as opposed to stupid Coloradans.

Plus, Donger looks nothing like Mr. Bean.

Donger
06-27-2014, 09:51 AM
Time for you to convert then.

I've spent enough professional time in Utah over the years to have it considered as time served.

Contrarian
06-27-2014, 09:55 AM
Unless you have the ability to see the future, no, it isn't bullshit.

Obviously you do have that ability. Colorado and Washington are complete idiots for accepting that gateway drug into their lives. Pretty soon all these pot smokers are going to be on meth like the majority of communities in Kansas and Missouri.

KC native
06-27-2014, 09:55 AM

DENVER — Federal agents raided a Denver marijuana dispensary early Wednesday suspected of having ties to a Colombia drug cartel — as the Drug Enforcement Administration announced its first major arrests since the state legalized recreational use of pot in 2012.

The Colombian cartels are shells of what they used to be.

The Mexican cartels are the dominant force in narcotics and make most of the money.

KC native
06-27-2014, 09:56 AM
I've spent enough professional time in Utah over the years to have it considered as time served.

Sweet, then you are an honorary Mormon already.

KC native
06-27-2014, 09:56 AM

He does to me.

Contrarian
06-27-2014, 09:57 AM

Agents from the Drug Enforcement Administration and Internal Revenue Service, along with state and local law enforcement, burst through the entrance of VIP Cannabis and began removing boxes of items, according the U.S. Attorney’s Office and the DEA.

Four men were attempting to mix Colombian monies with the proceeds they were making from selling marijuana in the U.S. to help further their drug trafficking efforts, the DEA said Wednesday. Three men were arrested in Denver, the fourth remains at large.

The men were identified as Hector Diaz, 49; David Jeffrey Furtado, 48; Luis Fernand Uribe, 28; and Gerardo Uribe, 33 and who is at large. They have been charged with a firearms violation, conspiracy and money laundering, among other charges. If convicted, they would face a maximum penalty of more than 40 years in prison and fines of more than $1 million.

Luis Uribe and David Furtado are slated to go before the magistrate on Thursday for a detention hearing and arraignment, according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office.

The raid follows Monday’s unsealing of a federal indictment that charges four men connected to V.I.P. Cannabis in Denver with money laundering related to the cultivation and distribution of marijuana.

According to the DEA, the men set up a shell corporation called the Colorado West Metal to establish a bank account at Wells Fargo Bank in Colorado. They then deposited hundreds of thousands of dollars into the account via wire transfers from Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argenteria (BBVA) and Banco de Occidente — both in Colombia — as well as cashier’s checks and money deposits made from the men’s burgeoning U.S. marijuana business.

The men then used their Wells Fargo account to purchase a large grow house in the Denver area, the DEA said.

Colorado became the first state in the nation to open retail marijuana shops Jan. 1 after voters legalized recreational pot in November 2012.

Attorney General Eric Holder has said the Justice Department was going to respect Colorado and Washington state’s marijuana legalization laws. However, a Justice Department memo to U.S. Attorneys in those states said they can pursue marijuana charges in certain cases.

VIP Cannabis was part of a larger raid in November aimed at unearthing connections to Colombia drug cartels that included more than a dozen Colorado pot shops and cultivation facilities.

The DEA, the Internal Revenue Service and the State Department’s Diplomatic Security Services are participating in the ongoing investigation.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/apr/30/feds-raid-denver-pot-shop-suspected-cartel-ties/#ixzz35r5a2AFc
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Where were they trafficking it to back to Mexico?

Donger
06-27-2014, 09:59 AM
Obviously you do have that ability. Colorado and Washington are complete idiots for accepting that gateway drug into their lives. Pretty soon all these pot smokers are going to be on meth like the majority of communities in Kansas and Missouri.

No, I don't. Like I said, I suppose we'll see.

Donger
06-27-2014, 10:00 AM
The Colombian cartels are shells of what they used to be.

The Mexican cartels are the dominant force in narcotics and make most of the money.

There are some stories that the Mexicans are involved, too. I'll see if I can find them.

But, does anyone really think that they won't try to get involved? That they'll just accept the loss of revenue?

Donger
06-27-2014, 10:01 AM
He does to me.

LMAO

KC native
06-27-2014, 10:05 AM
There are some stories that the Mexicans are involved, too. I'll see if I can find them.

But, does anyone really think that they won't try to get involved? That they'll just accept the loss of revenue?

The Mexican cartels have evolved.

They make the vast majority of their money on meth now. Heroin is their 2nd most profitable product.

They have marginalized the Colombians because it's pretty much impossible to ship their cocaine across the Caribbean like they used to so they rely on the Mexicans to buy most of it.

Weed has been a declining profit source for them for a long time. The spread of high quality domestically grown weed has been killing that for awhile. The Mexican cartels can't replicate the quality because of the shipping methods that they have to use (which degrades the weed tremendously).

hometeam
06-27-2014, 10:10 AM
10,000 fewer drug arrests.

ModSocks
06-27-2014, 10:19 AM
I was pretty sad about this report. Pot heads have a vested interest in making this work. But daface's reminder that they had no real system setup for weed duis last year, is comforting. I suppose next year's report will really show what were made of. I'd also really like to know how many of those arrests are stupid tourists as opposed to stupid Coloradans.

The DUI thing is misleading. Of course that number will go up.

What's more important however, is how many accidents have occurred due to using pot while driving?

We don't have enough information from the OP to draw any sort of conclusion.

I'd much rather know whether or not pot related accidents have increased.

Pot DUI's have gone up. Ok. That doesn't tell us anything other than more people are being busted, and as Daface pointed out, that could simply be because of new methods.

In terms of public safety, we'll need to know how those pot DUI's have transferred into pot related vehicle accidents before anyone can claim that legalization has reduced public safety. And even that will still be hard to gauge if they're doing blood testing now that they weren't doing prior to legalization.

DaFace
06-27-2014, 10:20 AM
If anyone is REALLY interested in how things are going in Colorado, the Denver Post hosted a forum a couple weeks back with some of the big-name authorities on the legalization effort. They discussed a variety of aspects of "how are things going" in the 1.5 hour forum. You can view the whole thing here:

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_25980754/watch-live-denver-post-marijuana-panel-tuesday-june

DaFace
06-27-2014, 10:23 AM

What's more important however, is how many accidents have occurred due to using pot while driving?

Pot DUI's have gone up. Ok. That doesn't tell us anything other than more people are being busted, and as Daface pointed out, that could simply be because of new methods.

In terms of public safety, we'll need to know how those pot DUI's have transferred into pot related vehicle accidents before anyone can claim that legalization has reduced public safety. And even that will still be hard to gauge if they're doing blood testing now that they weren't doing prior to legalization.

It gets even trickier for the public to decipher because pot is the "story" right now. There was a guy a couple months back who hit two police cars while driving stoned (http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_24896305/csp-says-stoned-driver-crashed-into-2-patrol) that made all sorts of headlines. Five months later, it finally came out that the guy also blew a BAL of 0.268 (http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-watch/wp/2014/06/06/colorados-poster-boy-for-stoned-driving-was-drunk-off-his-gourd/). You know - a minor detail.

If you really want to understand this thing, it takes time and effort to look into the nuances of everything. The media in general doesn't have a very good grasp of this thing, so you have to really dig in and learn for yourself.

AndChiefs
06-27-2014, 10:31 AM
10,000 fewer drug arrests.

I'm in favor of decriminalization. But of course there's fewer drug arrests. That's a completely useless stat.

Mr. Laz
06-27-2014, 10:33 AM
:Pimp:

philfree
06-27-2014, 10:38 AM

Yeah those people would have been driving under the influence whether it was legal or not.

Carlota69
06-27-2014, 10:43 AM
I was in Denver for a a few days last week, and I fell in love, outside from that whole Bronco thing. My friend has lived there all his life, isnt a big smoker at all, but says so far so good on the pot law.

I dont smoke at ll, but I went to Euflora, which is a pot store (not dispensery) in the heart of downtown Denver. It was so cool. They had all the weed in little containers so you could smell it. Plus they had little Ipads next to each container with all the info on the weed, like how it was grown, what strains, the positive effects, negative effects and medical benefits. Ththe Ipads also had charts showing you levels of paranoia, or calmness, or energy levels. It made it easy to get exactly what the consumer wanted in their "high". They also had edibles, and pot water. I have never seen pot water, but they had it and they had 6 or 7 different flavors.

The main issue the industry is having right now is banking, but the state is really trying to figure that out for the industry becasue its all cash right now and thats super dangerous for the employees and the stores.

I think its an awesome thing, and quite frankly, its goign to be full blown legal everywhere within 10 years. So get use to it old crusty guys. Colorado is leading the way and ironing out all the wrinkles for the rest of us.

Pablo
06-27-2014, 10:44 AM
Your kids are certainly going to enjoy their teenage and young adult years, Donger.

Donger
06-27-2014, 10:45 AM
I was in Denver for a a few days last week, and I fell in love, outside from that whole Bronco thing. My friend has lived there all his life, isnt a big smoker at all, but says so far so good on the pot law.

I dont smoke at ll, but I went to Euflora, which is a pot store (not dispensery) in the heart of downtown Denver. It was so cool. They had all the weed in little containers so you could smell it. Plus they had little Ipads next to each container with all the info on the weed, like how it was grown, what strains, the positive effects, negative effects and medical benefits. Ththe Ipads also had charts showing you levels of paranoia, or calmness, or energy levels. It made it easy to get exactly what the consumer wanted in their "high". They also had edibles, and pot water. I have never seen pot water, but they had it and they had 6 or 7 different flavors.

The main issue the industry is having right now is banking, but the state is really trying to figure that out for the industry becasue its all cash right now and thats super dangerous for the employees and the stores.

I think its an awesome thing, and quite frankly, its goign to be full blown legal everywhere within 10 years. So get use to it old crusty guys. Colorado is leading the way and ironing out all the wrinkles for the rest of us.

I doubt that I'm much older than you, if at all.

Donger
06-27-2014, 10:45 AM
Your kids are certainly going to enjoy their teenage and young adult years, Donger.

One of them already is, thanks.

penguinz
06-27-2014, 10:46 AM
I'm in favor of decriminalization. But of course there's fewer drug arrests. That's a completely useless stat.Not completely useless. Fewer arrests mean fewer tax dollars spent.

Mr. Laz
06-27-2014, 10:47 AM
I do think they need to stop with the 'candy' type edibles.

Don't be too casual about making pot look like non-pot. There is a fine line between discreet and confusing.

Carlota69
06-27-2014, 10:47 AM

You act as if you are, so I naturally assumed you were.

Mr. Laz
06-27-2014, 10:48 AM
Ya, it's not about age.

I'm pretty sure you were a super douche at 18 as well.

Carlota69
06-27-2014, 10:49 AM
Heres some pics of the pot store, and a GAY BRONCo meme in the making for kicks.

Mr. Laz
06-27-2014, 10:49 AM
Not completely useless. Fewer arrests mean fewer tax dollars spent.

and more time for law enforcement to focus on substantial criminal activity.

htismaqe
06-27-2014, 10:51 AM

Wait a sec.

I'm a pothead AND a Mr. Bean fan.

http://i.imgur.com/j74SykU.gif

teedubya
06-27-2014, 10:51 AM
The pot edibles are so potent. I'm an experienced pot smoker, but one edible made me lay down and pray to 7.8 oz baby Jebus.

htismaqe
06-27-2014, 10:52 AM
Angry pothead

Oxymoron...

Mr. Laz
06-27-2014, 10:52 AM
too bad the state law change isn't contagious so that it would just migrate from Colorado to Kansas like the flu

htismaqe
06-27-2014, 10:53 AM
The pot edibles are so potent. I'm an experienced pot smoker, but one edible made me lay down and pay to 7.8 oz baby Jebus.

ROFL

I've given edibles to people just to watch the reaction.

Donger
You act as if you are, so I naturally assumed you were.

Sure. There really isn't anything attractive about a 40 year old acting like an adolescent.

KC native
The pot edibles are so potent. I'm an experienced pot smoker, but one edible made me lay down and pay to 7.8 oz baby Jebus.

Yea, I quit making edibles for myself a few years ago because I have a tendency to make them waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too strong.

htismaqe
too bad the law change can't just contagious so that it would just migrate from Colorado to Kansas like the flu

It can. Have you not seen "Reefer Madness"?

htismaqe
06-27-2014, 10:55 AM
Sure. There really isn't anything attractive about a 40 year old acting like an adolescent.

So that act of ingesting marijuana all by itself, exclusive of any subsequent related (or even unrelated) behavior is, by your definition, immature?

Carlota69
06-27-2014, 10:55 AM

Becasue Im pro weed Im an adolescent? Oh well, Id rather be unattractive and full of life than attractive and dead.

Carlota69
06-27-2014, 10:56 AM
So that act of ingesting marijuana all by itself, exclusive of any subsequent related (or even unrelated) behavior is, by your definition, immature?

You dont even have to ingest or smoke it according to him. You just have to be pro weed, period.

KC native
06-27-2014, 10:56 AM

You're going to be quite the grumpy old man once you hit 55.

Carlota69
06-27-2014, 10:57 AM
You're going to be quite the grumpy old man once you hit 55.

Like Clint Eastwood in Grand Torino

ModSocks
06-27-2014, 10:58 AM
I do think they need to stop with the 'candy' type edibles.

Don't be too casual about making pot look like non-pot. There is a fine line between discreet and confusing.

Yea, I quit making edibles for myself a few years ago because I have a tendency to make them waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too strong.

I agree. As a pot user, i'd have no issue with getting rid of candy or treat like edibles. A child ingesting pot candy is not good at all and dangerous.

Edibles are a completely different monster.

Donger
06-27-2014, 11:02 AM
Ya, it's not about age.

I'm pretty sure you were a super douche at 18 as well.

I was actually worse then.

kcfanXIII
06-27-2014, 11:04 AM

what harm? crime down, revenue up...... a few kids with irresponsible parents ate some bud. I still don't see how this could be a bad thing to anyone outside the prison industrial complex.

WhawhaWhat
06-27-2014, 11:05 AM
Can we make cocaine legal soon?

Katipan
06-27-2014, 11:09 AM
If you're a pot head parent, Colorado dhs, or cps, or whatever we call it, says it needs to be locked up. No one says that about beer, wine, and tiny little bottles of liquor. Some of them, gasp, have names like Cake and Chocolate.

The edibles, and everything else, come in child proof containers. Most of which look like prescription bottles.

kcfanXIII
06-27-2014, 11:12 AM
On Thursday, the state announced that during 20 undercover operations to test if pot shops would sell to minors, not a single store sold to a child.

Guess this throws that "think about the children" argument out the window. anybody think drug dealers card?

DaFace
06-27-2014, 11:12 AM
If you're a pot head parent, Colorado dhs, or cps, or whatever we call it, says it needs to be locked up. No one says that about beer, wine, and tiny little bottles of liquor. Some of them, gasp, have names like Cake and Chocolate.

The edibles, and everything else, come in child proof containers. Most of which look like prescription bottles.

The issue, from my perspective, is that alcohol tastes like shit to kids who aren't used to it - especially the really potent stuff.

A pot-infused cookie, for the most part, tastes like a cookie. That's a major problem.

The good news is that it typically won't result in any long-term problems, but it sure can make for one hell of a scary night.

Katipan
06-27-2014, 11:14 AM
It doesn't tho. The candy isn't all that good if you don't like the taste of pot.

kcfanXIII
06-27-2014, 11:15 AM
It doesn't tho. The candy isn't all that good if you don't like the taste of pot.

This. Have you ever had a pot brownie? it tastes like the inside of a bong with chocolate syrup.

DaFace
06-27-2014, 11:15 AM

Right, but to a five-year-old, what's going to taste better: a pot-infused cookie (that tastes weird, but is otherwise edible) or a shot of Jack Daniels?

ModSocks
06-27-2014, 11:16 AM
Right, but to a five-year-old, what's going to taste better: a pot-infused cookie (that tastes weird, but is otherwise edible) or a shot of Jack Daniels?

Depends. Are we talking about 5 year old Kyle Orton?

OnTheWarpath15
06-27-2014, 11:18 AM

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/ortonjack.gif

DaFace

Touché.

kcfanXIII
the thing about kids ingesting edibles is this; it is not my responsibility to contain your children. I should not be punished because of some irresponsible parent letting their children have access to their stash. This is a last ditch effort by prohibitionists to use the "think about the babies" argument, since every other one of their concerns has been proven false.

Otter
06-27-2014, 11:20 AM
The issue, from my perspective, is that alcohol tastes like shit to kids who aren't used to it - especially the really potent stuff.

A pot-infused cookie, for the most part, tastes like a cookie. That's a major problem.

The good news is that it typically won't result in any long-term problems, but it sure can make for one hell of a scary night.

Yep, but going to the hospital isn't going to do a thing in the world for except make it worse and document it for your 'permanent record'.

Long story short my buddy made pot brownies for a rafting trip back in college. Made them too strong to say the least. 3 out of 4 of the girls that ate them were begging me to take them to the hospital 2 hours after eating.

Yeah right, I'm going to the hospital right now. Get the fuck outa here.

Edibles aren't like smoking, the should be taken with extreme caution.

DaFace
06-27-2014, 11:21 AM
the thing about kids ingesting edibles is this; it is not my responsibility to contain your children. I should not be punished because of some irresponsible parent letting their children have access to their stash. This is a last ditch effort by prohibitionists to use the "think about the babies" argument, since every other one of their concerns has been proven false.

Eh, I don't necessarily agree with that. I don't think edibles should be banned or anything, but I think the potency should be taken down to a level that a single "serving" is intuitive to people.

It's not the state's responsibility for you to keep a pot cookie from your kid. But it's the state's responsibility to be sure that the consequences for a kid getting a hold of it are more on the scale of "that sucks, but junior is pretty damn funny when he's stoned" rather than "time for an overnight stay at the hospital, possibly involving getting your stomach pumped".

ModSocks
06-27-2014, 11:23 AM
Eh, I don't necessarily agree with that. I don't think edibles should be banned or anything, but I think the potency should be taken down to a level that a single "serving" is intuitive to people.

It's not the state's responsibility for you to keep a pot cookie from your kid. But it's the state's responsibility to be sure that the consequences for a kid getting a hold of it are more on the scale of "that sucks, but junior is pretty damn funny when he's stoned" rather than "time for an overnight stay at the hospital, possibly involving getting your stomach pumped".

I like that. Edibles should have a regulated potency and it should be stated on the label.

Katipan
06-27-2014, 11:24 AM

Why do you get the extreme examples? What about the vodkas with pictures of cake? They taste better than pot cookies. Easily.

Katipan
06-27-2014, 11:25 AM
I can't even drink Jack.
Can fuck the shit out of Jose, tho.

Pablo
06-27-2014, 11:26 AM
I can't even drink Jack.
Can fuck the shit out of Jose, tho.Both of these are vile, disgusting liquids.

Otter
06-27-2014, 11:26 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6gy5NGqbFlw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Katipan
06-27-2014, 11:27 AM
Both of these are vile, disgusting liquids.

Can we London bridge a bottle of Jager, then?

Pablo
06-27-2014, 11:28 AM
Yes. Edibles are potent as fuck and should be kept in a safe place where children can't access them.

No. They don't taste delicious like your standard cookie or brownie; but if you enjoy pot then they're alright.

In short, be a fucking parent and don't blame the weed/booze/prescriptions for making their way to your children's mouths.

And DaFace's idea about regulating potency of edibles is a pretty solid one. Some of them shits are way, way, way too strong.

kcfanXIII
06-27-2014, 11:30 AM

tell me, how many people have died from a pot overdose? even with these "super potent" edibles. kids or adults. Go ahead and look for a stat. I'll wait....

Pablo
06-27-2014, 11:30 AM
Can we London bridge a bottle of Jager, then?Jager is fine. I'm down with that.

I just can't do either of the other two. Jack tastes like somebody put a cigarette out in whiskey and Cuervo is just the debbil.

Carlota69
06-27-2014, 11:31 AM
I like that. Edibles should have a regulated potency and it should be stated on the label.

BINGO! Alcohol has a limit and is labeled, edibles should as well. I think everyone is watching Colorado for what to do nd what not to do. They are showing everyone else what wrinkles need to be ironed out and what we need to focus on to improve the situation.

Donger
Becasue Im pro weed Im an adolescent? Oh well, Id rather be unattractive and full of life than attractive and dead.

I wasn't referring to you.

DaFace
Why do you get the extreme examples? What about the vodkas with pictures of cake? They taste better than pot cookies. Easily.

What percentage of all of the liquor consumed would taste good to a kid? Sure, there are flavored liquors that aren't bad, but the vast majority of what will be in someone's liquor cabinet will taste pretty bad to a kid. Or at least bad enough that taking 10 shots at once would be pretty damn tough.

Compare that to edible weed products. What percentage of those taste like crap? And how easy is it to take 10 doses at once?

Again, I'm all for legalization and think that it's awesome that I live in a state that's pioneering all this stuff. But I think part of getting this rolled out more broadly is to acknowledge when there are issues that need to be worked out. Maybe it's just living here, or maybe it's just me, but the "us vs. them" mentality has to go to make this work - it has to be about "what really makes sense to both allow personal freedom and to reasonably protect those who don't know what they're doing."

Pablo
06-27-2014, 11:32 AM
tell me, how many people have died from a pot overdose? even with these "super potent" edibles. kids or adults. Go ahead and look for a stat. I'll wait....It doesn't pose a death threat; but being stoned out of your gourd on edibles is a pretty intense trip if you're a 200 lb. adult.

Let alone a small child. It wouldn't be fun for them. Which is why people should, you know, be parents.

Donger
06-27-2014, 11:32 AM
Guess this throws that "think about the children" argument out the window. anybody think drug dealers card?

Not really. See the OP

DaFace
06-27-2014, 11:33 AM
tell me, how many people have died from a pot overdose? even with these "super potent" edibles. kids or adults. Go ahead and look for a stat. I'll wait....

Directly? None. But a guy ate a pot cookie and jumped off of a hotel balcony to his death (http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_25585976/man-who-plunged-from-denver-balcony-ate-6) a few months back. It's hard for me to believe there's not a causal relationship there.

Again, lower the dosage. Make sure people know WTF they're doing. That's all.

htismaqe
06-27-2014, 11:34 AM
Id rather be unattractive and full of life than attractive and dead.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/2102377/preach-o.gif

Katipan
06-27-2014, 11:35 AM
100% tastes like crap.
Maybe this is the message that needs to go out.

htismaqe
06-27-2014, 11:37 AM

Why are we comparing a cookie or piece of candy to Jack Daniels?

Jack Daniels is the equivalent of eating the weed all by itself without any extra flavoring, which is obviously nasty.

Like Kat said, they sell booze with names like "whip cream" and "cherry lifesaver". You can bet your ass kids can drink that and it doesn't taste "nasty" at all.

Katipan
06-27-2014, 11:37 AM
I heard there's a microbrewery infusing their beer here. Must find that place and arrange a vacation for the bartender.

htismaqe
06-27-2014, 11:41 AM
What percentage of those taste like crap?

All of them.

It's a delivery vehicle for the pot. If you crush up an aspirin and sprinkle it on a cookie, the cookie tastes like shit. Pot edibles are the same way.

And how easy is it to take 10 doses at once?

Quite frankly, most of the edibles I've had taste so bad, it's a chore to choke down one dose, let alone 10.

WhiteWhale
06-27-2014, 11:49 AM

Well, some consider lower crime a positive.

htismaqe
06-27-2014, 11:56 AM

Pretty sure Donger dismisses that stat. He would probably tell you that it's still a criminal activity and that Colorado calling it legal is a technicality. Kind of like if they suddenly decriminalized murder.

Halfcan
06-27-2014, 11:59 AM
Hopefully Mo. will be next!

Join
Show-Me Cannabis Independence Town Hall Meeting
Monday, July 21 at 6:30pm
Trails West Library in Independence, Missouri

No matter your opinion on cannabis, come out and learn more about our cannabis laws and how we might reform them. We expect this will be an educational and interesting time for residents of Independence and the surrounding areas.

This meeting will take place Monday, July 21 at the Trails West Branch of the Kansas City Public Library, located at 11401 East 23rd Street, Independence, MO 64052. The meeting will start at 6:30 p.m., and panelists will include Show-Me Cannabis Executive Director John Payne, Show-Me Cannabis Board Chair and criminal defense attorney Dan Viets, former Johnson County Kansas assistant prosecutor Brian Leininger, and Executive Director of the Show-Me Cannabis Foundation Amber Langston.

We hope to see you there!

Free Sample!!

kcfanXIII
06-27-2014, 12:01 PM
Not really. See the OP
No, I read the OP. A few kids have got to their parents stash. none have died. all probably learned a valuable lesson. all the while, colorado is no longer ruining the lives of smokers by locking them up and giving them criminal records. I notice the first 3/4 of that article are positive, and at the end they mention a few kids who ingested edibles. No permanent effects (like a crimnal record) and no one died. using that as an argument against ending prohibition is grasping at straws. something your side is doing more and more of these days.

kcfanXIII
06-27-2014, 12:02 PM
Hopefully Mo. will be next!

Join
Monday, July 21 at 6:30pm
Trails West Library in Independence, Missouri

No matter your opinion on cannabis, come out and learn more about our cannabis laws and how we might reform them. We expect this will be an educational and interesting time for residents of Independence and the surrounding areas.

This meeting will take place Monday, July 21 at the Trails West Branch of the Kansas City Public Library, located at 11401 East 23rd Street, Independence, MO 64052. The meeting will start at 6:30 p.m., and panelists will include Show-Me Cannabis Executive Director John Payne, Show-Me Cannabis Board Chair and criminal defense attorney Dan Viets, former Johnson County Kansas assistant prosecutor Brian Leininger, and Executive Director of the Show-Me Cannabis Foundation Amber Langston.

We hope to see you there!

Free Sample!!

Show-Me Cannabis are frauds. They are delaying the legalization push in Missouri to 2016.

KC native
06-27-2014, 12:11 PM
I heard there's a microbrewery infusing their beer here. Must find that place and arrange a vacation for the bartender.

Pot infused alcohol won't do much for you. If you've already been smoking, you win't notice the effects. If you haven't, you get a slight high but the alcohol quickly outweighs it.

I put a quarter of some GDP in a fifth of tequila and let it soak for a month. So I've tested this thoroughly.

Donger
06-27-2014, 12:12 PM

Oh sure. Decriminalizing it reduced crime. That does tend to happen...

rambleonthruthefog
06-27-2014, 12:17 PM
I see. Another vote for "it's a harmless plant."

Noted.

Not completely harmless. Just the most harmless medicine/drug you can buy. We both know you can't sight one reputable scientific study that proves otherwise. People stand strong on an opinion and are to mentally immature/weak to change their opinion based on fact. How many deaths have they attributed to the pot law?

DaFace
06-27-2014, 12:20 PM
Pretty sure Donger dismisses that stat. He would probably tell you that it's still a criminal activity and that Colorado calling it legal is a technicality. Kind of like if they suddenly decriminalized murder.

Though it's certainly a positive to see crime rates drop a bit, it's too early to tell for sure if there's any kind of causal relationship there. (Crime rates fluctuate from year to year all the time.) But it's certainly good to see that the chicken littles have been wrong about crime rates spiking.

Halfcan
06-27-2014, 12:30 PM
I do hate that my state now has become rather synonymous with pot.

If you are so worried how others view your state-maybe you should petition to change your state song.

In 2007, the Colorado legislature named "Rocky Mountain High" as Colorado's second official state song, paired with "Where the Columbines Grow".

One song brings to mind Pot and Columbine-always brings to mind school shootings and mass murder. Two things Colorado is unfortunately known for.

Maybe change "Mile High" while you are at it. That stadium will Always be known as that. Oh and take the "Mile High" plaque off the Capitol building-so nobody gets the wrong idea too.

digger
06-27-2014, 12:55 PM
even though there is no proof of this danger. Notice the "We are right, you are wrong." mentality.

Donger
06-27-2014, 01:34 PM
If you are so worried how others view your state-maybe you should petition to change your state song.

In 2007, the Colorado legislature named "Rocky Mountain High" as Colorado's second official state song, paired with "Where the Columbines Grow".

One song brings to mind Pot and Columbine-always brings to mind school shootings and mass murder. Two things Colorado is unfortunately known for.

Maybe change "Mile High" while you are at it. That stadium will Always be known as that. Oh and take the "Mile High" plaque off the Capitol building-so nobody gets the wrong idea too.

What do any of those have to do with pot?

Halfcan
06-27-2014, 01:47 PM
What do any of those have to do with pot?

People generally tend to get HIGH on pot.

"Friends around the campfire and everybody's [B]high/B]
Rocky Mountain high, Colorado. Rocky Mountain high.
Rocky Mountain high, Colorado. Rocky Mountain high."

Donger
06-27-2014, 01:50 PM
People generally tend to get HIGH on pot.

"Friends around the campfire and everybody's [B]high/B]
Rocky Mountain high, Colorado. Rocky Mountain high.
Rocky Mountain high, Colorado. Rocky Mountain high."

That's one interpretation, I suppose.

teedubya
06-27-2014, 01:56 PM
Heres some pics of the pot store, and a GAY BRONCo meme in the making for kicks.

I tried some of that marijuana soda... it tasted delicious, but it is like 10 strong doses of marijuana. So like one swig and you're high. I didn't realize that until after the fact.

teedubya
06-27-2014, 01:57 PM
John Denver was a huge pot smoker.

Halfcan
06-27-2014, 01:57 PM
That's one interpretation, I suppose.

It is Not about pot-I already knew that-but a majority do think it. Here is an interesting article.

Is John Denver's "Rocky Mountain High" about marijuana, or is it a big myth-understanding?
By Josiah M. Hesse Categories: Reefer Madness

Second only to "Mile High City," the title of John Denver's folksy classic "Rocky Mountain High" is the pun we're seeing the most lately in reporting about our state's legal weed. For the most part, Colorado has always been particularly proud of the anthem that celebrates our most treasured feature, so much so that we made it our second state song in 2007. And while legalized marijuana is slowly becoming a tourist attraction to rival our beloved Rocky Mountains, when John Denver wrote the lyrics "friends around the campfire and everybody's high," was he celebrating the plant that would give our state a new identity thirty years later?

Sorry to disappoint, but the answer is no, at least according to the songwriter himself. Just as the "Rocky Mountain High" lyric "fire in the sky" is not about an alien abduction, and "Why they try to tear the mountains down . . . more scars upon the land," was not about fracking, the double entendre about being high had nothing to do with cannabis, but about the organic elation that can be found in camping outdoors.

Though you'd be forgiven for thinking otherwise. Sporadic radio stations had banned the song throughout the first half of the '80s, fearing FCC retribution for playing a song that promoted drug use. During the Tipper Gore-lead witch-hunt against morally spicy music getting into the hands of minors, John Denver testified alongside Frank Zappa and Dee Snyder of Twisted Sister before Congress during the Parents Music Resource Center hearings. Attempting to set the record straight, Denver said in his testimony:

I am opposed to censorship of any kind. . . . My song 'Rocky Mountain High' was banned from many radio stations as a drug related song. This was obviously done by people who had never seen or been to the Rocky Mountains, and also had never experienced the elation, the celebration of life, the joy of living that one feels when he observes something as wondrous as the Perseid meteor shower on a moonless, cloudless night, when there are so many stars that you have a shadow from the starlight, and you are out camping with your friends, your best friends, and introducing them to one of nature's most spectacular light shows for the first time. This is obviously a clear case of misinterpretation. Mr. Chairman, what assurance have I that any national panel to review my music can make any better judgement?
In his 1994 autobiography, Take Me Home, Denver admitted to using marijuana (along with cocaine and LSD), and would go on to check himself into a rehab clinic for alcohol abuse. But when writing about "Rocky Mountain High," he reiterates that the song's inspiration sprung from when he first moved to Aspen at the age of 27.

"I remember, almost to the moment, when that song started to take shape in my head. We were working on the next album and it was to be called Mother Nature's Son, after the the Beatles song, which I'd included. It was set for release in September. In mid August, Annie and I and some friends went up to Williams Lake to watch the first Perseid meteor showers. . . .
At some point, I went off in a raft to the middle of the lake, singing my heart out. It wasn't so much that I was singing to entertain anyone back on shore, but rather I was singing for the mountains and for the sky... The shadow of the starlight blew me away. Maybe it was the state I was in. I went back and lay down next to Annie in front of our tent, thinking everybody had gone to sleep, and thinking about how in nature all things, large and small, were interwoven, when swoosh, a meteor went smoking by. . . .

I worked on the song -- and the song worked on me -- for a good couple of weeks. I was working one day with Mike Taylor, an acoustic guitarist who had performed with me at the Cellar Door and had moved out to Aspen. Mike sat down and showed me this guitar lick and suddenly the whole thing came together. It was just what the piece needed. When I realized what I had -- another anthem, maybe; a true expression of one's self, maybe -- we changed the sequencing of the album we'd just completed, and then we changed the album title."

Marcellus
06-27-2014, 01:59 PM
I can't even drink Jack.
Can **** the shit out of Jose, tho.

My middle name is Jose. How you doing?

BigMeatballDave
06-27-2014, 02:02 PM
Donger is such a square, he makes Mr Rogers look like a gangbanger.

Katipan
06-27-2014, 02:04 PM
I tried some of that marijuana soda... it tasted delicious, but it is like 10 strong doses of marijuana. So like one swig and you're high. I didn't realize that until after the fact.

... pussy.

Nothing but love but those things don't do anything for me.

teedubya
06-27-2014, 02:07 PM
... pussy.

Nothing but love but those things don't do anything for me.

I'm not sure we had the same thing. :-P Plus, it was 4-20 weekend, so I was completely baked the whole time. That soda just compounded it. Oh man. In fact, after that weekend, I took a 3 week weed detox LOL.

Otter
06-27-2014, 02:07 PM
I picture Donger more like Mr. Spock than Mr. Bean.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
06-27-2014, 02:10 PM
So what's the data regarding total number of DUIs? If that remains steady, then I don't see a problem.

Randallflagg
06-27-2014, 02:11 PM
So, if I am to understand the logic here.....Colorado legalizes pot (in direct violation of federal law) and makes an estimated 11 million in revenue, right? Good for them. Now, they only need to make up (roughly) 16 million more to counter the loss of MAGPUL leaving the state....

Serious question here, though. What happens if a conservative president is elected next cycle and he decides that Colorado and Washington WILL obey federal law? Might get a little touchy, no?

Donger
06-27-2014, 02:13 PM
It is Not about pot-I already knew that-but a majority do think it.

Well, of course a bunch of potheads want to believe that.

Katipan
06-27-2014, 02:13 PM
I'm not sure we had the same thing. :-P

Dixie elixirs? I had a 6 pack of sarsparilla, wish I had spent the $100 on an O.

But I have an outrageous tolerance.

If you had something better, hurry up and come back. Frontier has $40 flights. ;)

Katipan
06-27-2014, 02:14 PM
So, if I am to understand the logic here.....Colorado legalizes pot (in direct violation of federal law) and makes an estimated 11 million in revenue, right? Good for them. Now, they only need to make up (roughly) 16 million more to counter the loss of MAGPUL leaving the state....

Serious question here, though. What happens if a conservative president is elected next cycle and he decides that Colorado and Washington WILL obey federal law? Might get a little touchy, no?

For his presidency perhaps.

htismaqe
06-27-2014, 02:19 PM

A real conservative president isn't going to touch the subject. A REAL conservative would recognize the rights of the state under the US Constitution and stay the fuck out of it..

Katipan
06-27-2014, 02:26 PM
I'm not sure we had the same thing. :-P Plus, it was 4-20 weekend, so I was completely baked the whole time. That soda just compounded it. Oh man. In fact, after that weekend, I took a 3 week weed detox LOL.

I missed 420 by 2 weeks.

#momproblems

ModSocks
06-27-2014, 02:28 PM
A real conservative president isn't going to touch the subject. A REAL conservative would recognize the rights of the state under the US Constitution and stay the **** out of it..

Pretty sure that wasn't the response he was expecting.

PWNED!

Mr. Laz
06-27-2014, 02:36 PM

Serious question here, though. What happens if a conservative president is elected next cycle and he decides that Colorado and Washington WILL obey federal law? Might get a little touchy, no?A conservative president believes in the rights of the states.

Since the GOP is no longer truly conservative, your question is valid.

Hopefully it expands to enough states to make sure the cat is out of the bag and it's too late to stop it

Otter
06-27-2014, 02:50 PM
A real conservative president isn't going to touch the subject. A REAL conservative would recognize the rights of the state under the US Constitution and stay the **** out of it..

Yep, and the cat is already out of the bag on the revenue it's generating. It's like closing down Napster at this point.

#toolate

Passepartout
06-27-2014, 03:23 PM
CO indeed is the pot capital of the world. As it makes the medical community a lot of money indeed.

Fish
06-27-2014, 04:31 PM
OMG did you hear about Marcus you guys?

http://i57.tinypic.com/30m9745.jpg

kcxiv
06-27-2014, 04:37 PM
Seriously, pot should be legal who cares

The only reason it's a big deal is because closed minded opposers make it a big deal. That is what drives curiousity in the younger generation. You don't see German kids go binge drinking because underage drinking isn't a big deal in that culture. Time for people to grow the **** up and get out of the way. Opposers cause the problem and I could give a **** less about pot personally

it should be, but im not a fan of people smoking in public. You shouldnt force that stuff on anyone. I used to smoke pot, then that shit backfired on me and i got paranoid as fuck. That shit isnt for me, i dont want to be around people who do it, but i dont care if people do it as long as my air is clean! well as clean as it can be. lol Same with cig smoking, that shit is nasty. If people want to smoke in a designated area, im ok with, and of course at home and on their property.

hometeam
06-27-2014, 04:41 PM
The pot edibles are so potent. I'm an experienced pot smoker, but one edible made me lay down and pray to 7.8 oz baby Jebus.

want

hometeam
06-27-2014, 04:43 PM
If I didn't have a kid I would up and move to CO :/ no joke.

All that good stuff Donger likes PLUS pot. Cant beat it. And I can sell cars anywhere.

Mojo Rising
06-27-2014, 05:21 PM

The conservative House just voted to defund the DEA for searches in states that medical marijuana was legal.

penguinz
06-27-2014, 05:32 PM

All that good stuff Donger likes PLUS pot. Cant beat it. And I can sell cars anywhere.

You should get a giant pot leaf tattoo!

Katipan
06-27-2014, 05:50 PM

I have three and it only delayed me :D

Pot wasn't the only factor. I love all the Donger things. I'm related to Otter, or at least he has to know my relations. Durango is small. I'm so much closer to my family and so much further from my ex pyschos family. No more pig shit smell.

But my $99 ounce is sure icing.

hometeam
06-27-2014, 05:58 PM
I have three and it only delayed me :D

Pot wasn't the only factor. I love all the Donger things. I'm related to Otter, or at least he has to know my relations. Durango is small. I'm so much closer to my family and so much further from my ex pyschos family. No more pig shit smell.

But my $99 ounce is sure icing.

Sounds great. Im tied down at the moment :(

Katipan
06-27-2014, 06:03 PM
Sounds great. Im tied down at the moment :(

Aww well things change. You're still young enough to end up here eventually.

Coochie liquor
06-27-2014, 06:10 PM

Yeah beautiful weather in Colorado?? Florida is laughing!!

htismaqe
06-27-2014, 06:11 PM
No more pig shit smell.

Completely unnecessary!

Katipan
06-27-2014, 06:13 PM

That's because she's a drunk slut.

Perineum Ripper
06-27-2014, 06:42 PM
That's because she's a drunk slut.

Some would argue drunk sluts are the best

Katipan
06-27-2014, 08:09 PM
Some would argue drunk sluts are the best

For sure. But eventually you want her to go home.

aturnis
06-27-2014, 08:11 PM
it should be, but im not a fan of people smoking in public. You shouldnt force that stuff on anyone. I used to smoke pot, then that shit backfired on me and i got paranoid as fuck. That shit isnt for me, i dont want to be around people who do it, but i dont care if people do it as long as my air is clean! well as clean as it can be. lol Same with cig smoking, that shit is nasty. If people want to smoke in a designated area, im ok with, and of course at home and on their property.

Other than a contact high, what is your concern about second hand marijuana smoke?

aturnis
06-27-2014, 08:12 PM

Same here...

Perineum Ripper
06-27-2014, 08:12 PM

That's why you go see her..so you can run whenever you want

Simply Red
06-27-2014, 08:13 PM

When I pop that pussy I like for my girl to be sober and coordinated.

Pepe Silvia
06-27-2014, 08:14 PM

I agree unless I'm drunk too.

aturnis
06-27-2014, 08:15 PM

Sticky hot mess with gators? No thanks.

Mr. Laz
06-27-2014, 08:27 PM
I'm really tempted to take a vacation to Colorado and come back with way more stuff than i started.

DaFace
06-27-2014, 08:39 PM
Since we're on the topic...

DEA Asks FDA To Consider Rescheduling Marijuana From Schedule I Drug
(http://business-news.thestreet.com/philly/story/dea-asks-fda-consider-rescheduling-marijuana-schedule-i-drug/1)

TribalElder
06-27-2014, 08:42 PM
http://i.imgur.com/REvOwCE.jpg

BigMeatballDave
06-27-2014, 09:03 PM
Sticky hot mess with gators? No thanks.

Do you imagine the Gators just walk the streets?

Carlota69
06-28-2014, 09:06 AM
Donger is such a square, he makes Mr Rogers look like a gangbanger.

:LOL::LOL:

Donger
06-28-2014, 10:10 AM
Since we're on the topic...

DEA Asks FDA To Consider Rescheduling Marijuana From Schedule I Drug
(http://business-news.thestreet.com/philly/story/dea-asks-fda-consider-rescheduling-marijuana-schedule-i-drug/1)

Seems like a wise decision.

Katipan
06-28-2014, 10:29 AM

So she can help blow it back up?

iloveyou

Donger
06-28-2014, 10:30 AM
I'm really tempted to take a vacation to Colorado and come back with way more stuff than i started.

Watch out for the Kansas State Troopers on the way home.

BigMeatballDave
06-28-2014, 10:55 AM
Seems like a wise decision.

It's a travesty that Marijuana is a schedule 1.

Katipan
06-28-2014, 12:30 PM
http://s30.postimg.org/qvf0d4hld/KINDLE_CAMERA_1402057330000.jpg

Donger
06-28-2014, 12:34 PM
http://s30.postimg.org/qvf0d4hld/KINDLE_CAMERA_1402057330000.jpg

Green popcorn?

Katipan
06-28-2014, 12:36 PM
Flowers, buttercup.

Donger
06-28-2014, 12:52 PM
Flowers, buttercup.

They are pretty. What type of flower?

Mr. Laz
06-28-2014, 12:55 PM
Flowers, buttercup.

flowers or buds?

:D

Katipan
06-28-2014, 12:58 PM
They are pretty. What type of flower?

The name is really stupid and I'm embarrassed to even tell you. I wish my chosen lifestyle didn't have it's share of morons. Smells like fruit loops.

Katipan
06-28-2014, 01:00 PM
I'm going to invent "KC's Cheef" and flood the Denver market.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-28-2014, 01:48 PM
I'm driving through CO tomorrow on my way to Vegas. Where's the cheapest place to get a Renpen and some hash oil?

Katipan
06-28-2014, 02:02 PM
I'm driving through CO tomorrow on my way to Vegas. Where's the cheapest place to get a Renpen and some hash oil?

I don't know about a Renpen but alot of dispensaries here have a hard on for Open Vapes. The "Westword" is full of coupons. Liiiike, buy 2 cartridges get a pen free. Toke your way to Vegas for less than $100.

Otter
06-28-2014, 05:11 PM
Green popcorn?

You've received many a wedgie haven't you?

BigMeatballDave
06-28-2014, 05:14 PM

LMAO

Donger
06-28-2014, 05:16 PM

Is that where one is subjected to having his/her underwear pulled up?

If so, no. Never.

hometeam
06-28-2014, 07:56 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_26038300/no-colorado-marijuana-stores-found-selling-minors-police

Police have so far sanctioned no recreational marijuana stores for selling to minors during underage compliance stings across the state, according to the Colorado Department of Revenue.

Authorities in Denver and Pueblo, working with regulators from the state Marijuana Enforcement Division, have conducted 20 undercover stings in which they see whether a store will sell pot to someone under 21. Sixteen of the compliance checks have occurred in Denver, home to most of the state's recreational marijuana stores.

So far, no store has sold to someone under 21 in the checks.

"It is imperative that we keep marijuana out of the hands of kids," Barbara Brohl, the executive director of the Department of Revenue, which includes the Marijuana Enforcement Division, said in a statement. "These results show that strong efforts are being made by the MED and the marijuana business licensees to do just that."

While medical-marijuana stores can sell to registered patients under 21, recreational stores can only sell to those over 21 and must check identification. Stores that are found selling to someone underage could have their license suspended or revoked or face a fine up to $100,000.

"We are pleased with the results, and will continue to monitor the businesses to ensure that the compliance efforts are maintained," MED director Lewis Koski said in a statement.

salame
06-29-2014, 01:38 AM
look at those nugs
smoke me out kati

Katipan
06-29-2014, 07:29 AM
look at those nugs
smoke me out kati

Ok but today is laundry day. Anyone sitting on my bed has to fold something.

teedubya
06-29-2014, 07:36 AM
I don't know about a Renpen but alot of dispensaries here have a hard on for Open Vapes. The "Westword" is full of coupons. Liiiike, buy 2 cartridges get a pen free. Toke your way to Vegas for less than $100.

Open Vapes are great. I've had one for about 2 years... my buddy shoots me some cartridges when I need them. You can take them everywhere.

Katipan
06-29-2014, 01:24 PM
Open Vapes are great. I've had one for about 2 years... my buddy shoots me some cartridges when I need them. You can take them everywhere.

I haven't partaken yet. Got a real cheap pen for concentrates when I first got here, but then bought some really wet shatter which gummed it up. It was way more work than it was worth. I definitely like the appeal of an already loaded cartridge but do you find that all the product tastes the same?