PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV SceneItAll Tournament: Round 3, Heat 5

Rain Man
06-30-2014, 05:46 PM
Changing things up a little in Round 3. I will present five scenes, and you will pick your TWO favorite scenes. The top two vote-getters will advance to Round 4, and others will have a chance at a wildcard spot.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5RiuE1rWnso" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Lbjru5CQIW4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GGNdnlCbfMs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/io4RWV681wQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/U_eZmEiyTo0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rain Man
06-30-2014, 05:49 PM
You people are failing at your inB4's this week.

Rausch
06-30-2014, 05:50 PM
Tombstone or death.

The Latin duel might be the best western scene ever...

Rain Man
06-30-2014, 05:51 PM
A solid heat, but I don't think we have any home runs in here. Maybe one. My votes:

#1 - The Empire Strikes Back. This one could go far. It's not in my top ten, but it's really solid.

#2 - The Sandlot. This one keeps drawing heats that aren't that tough. Oh, well. I'll vote for it again.

#3 - Tombstone. It's a well-done scene, and colorful. It's neck and neck with my #2.

#4 - Rounders. Eh, it's okay, I guess. Nothing really against it.

#5 - The Princess Bride. Man, that little bald guy annoys me.

Infidel Goat
06-30-2014, 07:02 PM
Empire and Tombstone.

Interesting that four of the five scenes involve showdowns of some sort.

ThaVirus
06-30-2014, 07:58 PM
That Tombstone scene is too legit. I've never seen most of the flicks in this tourney and so I usually just vote for what I know. For some reason, I randomly watched that Tombstone scene back in Round 1, although I had never seen the flick, and liked it so much I made it a point to watch the movie.

So I'll be voting for that one and probably Star Wars but maybe Sandlot. I'll decide and then cast that second vote.

DJJasonp
06-30-2014, 08:03 PM
Empire is routinely in top 10 movie moments of all-time.....one of the most shocking moments in cinema history.

Love the wendy scene......but gotta go with Rounders for my 2nd pick.

TimBone
07-01-2014, 01:12 AM
That Tombstone scene is too legit. I've never seen most of the flicks in this tourney and so I usually just vote for what I know. For some reason, I randomly watched that Tombstone scene back in Round 1, although I had never seen the flick, and liked it so much I made it a point to watch the movie.

So I'll be voting for that one and probably Star Wars but maybe Sandlot. I'll decide and then cast that second vote.

and ThaVirus admits what I've suspected all along. Lots of folks aren't even watching the scenes.

Dayze
07-01-2014, 05:31 AM
Doc and Ringo. hands down.

shouldn't even be close. but Star Wars rears its' head. yay.

Easy 6
07-01-2014, 05:39 AM
Kilmer has never been better.

Mojo Jojo
07-01-2014, 07:19 AM
He DOES NOT say "Luke, I am your father"!!!

ThaVirus
07-01-2014, 09:12 AM
and ThaVirus admits what I've suspected all along. Lots of folks aren't even watching the scenes.

You had to have guessed that would be the case.

The vast majority of these scenes are only meaningful in the context of the movie.

Rain Man
07-01-2014, 10:08 AM
You had to have guessed that would be the case.

The vast majority of these scenes are only meaningful in the context of the movie.

Yeah, but you watched the Ferris Bueller Seurat scene, right? Please tell me you watched the Ferris Bueller Seurat scene.

Rain Man
07-01-2014, 05:03 PM
Well, this one went about like I expected. The Empire Strikes Back and Tombstone advance.

ThaVirus
07-01-2014, 05:33 PM
Yeah, but you watched the Ferris Bueller Seurat scene, right? Please tell me you watched the Ferris Bueller Seurat scene.

No!

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxi0una1Xk1qjonawo1_500.gif

KChiefs1
07-01-2014, 09:54 PM
For those interested here is the Latin translated:

Johnny Ringo: [Ringo steps up to Doc] And you must be Doc Holliday.

Doc Holliday: That's the rumor.

Johnny Ringo: You retired too?

Doc Holliday: Not me. I'm in my prime.

Johnny Ringo: Yeah, you look it.

Doc Holliday: And you must be Ringo. Look, darling, Johnny Ringo. The deadliest pistoleer since Wild Bill, they say. What do you think, darling? Should I hate him?

Kate: You don't even know him.

Doc Holliday: Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.

Wyatt Earp: [to Ringo] He's drunk.

Doc Holliday: In vino veritas.
["In wine is truth" meaning: "When I'm drinking, I speak my mind"]

Johnny Ringo: Age quod agis.
["Do what you do" meaning: "Do what you do best"]

Doc Holliday: Credat Judaeus apella, non ego.
["The Jew Apella may believe it, not I" meaning: "I don't believe drinking is what I do best."]

Johnny Ringo: [pats his gun] Eventus stultorum magister.
["Events are the teachers of fools" meaning: "Fools have to learn by experience"]

Doc Holliday: [gives a Cheshire cat smile] In pace requiescat.
["Rest in peace" meaning: "It's your funeral!"]

Tombstone Marshal Fred White: Come on boys. We don't want any trouble in here. Not in any language.

Doc Holliday: Evidently Mr. Ringo's an educated man. Now I really hate him.

KChiefs1
07-01-2014, 09:57 PM
Latin translated by closed caption:

http://youtu.be/6gSj1G4Vf0w