PDA

View Full Version : Home and Auto Trucker pulls cop over for speeding and talking on cell phone. Schools him

Deberg_1990
07-01-2014, 10:15 PM
:clap:

"I honestly dont remember me speeding" " I dont remember if i was talking on my cell phone"

ROFL

http://boredombash.com/speeding-cop/

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/f-dJgFdfl3I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dante84
07-01-2014, 10:20 PM
Wow, that was awesome

Simply Red
07-01-2014, 10:21 PM
I would have immediately tased that cop.

TLO
07-01-2014, 10:29 PM
Deberg thread/ Obligatory

threebag
07-02-2014, 03:03 AM
I would have immediately tasTed that cop.

Yep

LoneWolf
07-02-2014, 05:22 AM
The trucker seems like a complete douche. He was driving under the speed limit and bitches about the cop passing him. Then he bitches about the cop being on his cell phone. Does the trucker not use his CB? There is no difference between talking on a cell-phone and talking on a CB when it comes to impaired driving.

Having the creepy V for Vendetta mask in the passenger seat makes him seem like like an arrogant asshole looking for some injustice to complain about. The cop in this particular encounter seemed like a decent guy. He could have written this guy a bogus ticket for purely vindictive reasons, but he didn't.

Lex Luthor
07-02-2014, 05:33 AM
The trucker seems like a complete douche. He was driving under the speed limit and bitches about the cop passing him. Then he bitches about the cop being on his cell phone. Does the trucker not use his CB? There is no difference between talking on a cell-phone and talking on a CB when it comes to impaired driving.

Having the creepy V for Vendetta mask in the passenger seat makes him seem like like an arrogant asshole looking for some injustice to complain about. The cop in this particular encounter seemed like a decent guy. He could have written this guy a bogus ticket for purely vindictive reasons, but he didn't.

I thought the same thing. The trucker was looking to cause trouble. I imagine it won't go so well for him the next time he is pulled over.

Deberg_1990
07-02-2014, 06:30 AM

The road was wet and it sounds like he was going well over the speed limit.

Yes the trucker seemed a little douchey for sure. But then the cop was trying to lie and cover it up. Where is the integrity?

BigMeatballDave
07-02-2014, 06:39 AM
Most trucks are under the speed limit on the interstate.

They are governed at around 65. Mine is.

Don't bitch about a truck doing under the speed limit if you don't know wtf you're talking about.

Do you think we drive slow on purpose?

Simply Red
07-02-2014, 06:40 AM
A thread on Velveeta would already have 80+ pulls. Let's stay focused Deberg!

LoneWolf
07-02-2014, 06:49 AM
Most trucks are under the speed limit on the interstate.

They are governed at around 65. Mine is.

Don't bitch about a truck doing under the speed limit if you don't know wtf you're talking about.

Do you think we drive slow on purpose?

Who was bitching about the truck doing 65? The truck driver stated that the cop "blew" past him and then said he was driving 65 which is under the posted speed limit. If the cop was doing 75, which in most circles 5 MPH over the speed limit is considered OK, he would have blown past the truck. This truck driver was acting like a complete asshole and he was doing it for the sole purpose of trying to make a cop look bad. There are plenty of cops that don't need help making themselves look bad, but in this situation I believe the trucker is the one who ends up looking like an ass.

BigMeatballDave
07-02-2014, 07:01 AM
Who was bitching about the truck doing 65? .You did lol He was driving under the speed limit and bitches about the cop passing him.

jd1020
07-02-2014, 07:05 AM
I'd rather see a cop speeding, even if he isnt heading to a call, because I don't want to be trapped in the train of people scared shitless to pass him if he isn't.

I've been on midnight ride alongs and one time when we were passing a string of bars downtown the cop was going maybe 15 mph looking around and literally no one was willing to pass him in a 30 mph zone.

Braincase
07-02-2014, 07:11 AM
Years ago a KHP car traveling over 100 MPH without lights or siren broad-sided and killed two girls outside of Pratt, Kansas. One was the sister of one of my best friends.

He was let off with a warning.

LoneWolf
07-02-2014, 07:22 AM
You did lol

FFS, I wasn't bitching that the truck driver was driving under the speed limit. The truckers entire argument was based on the cop passing him. Was the cop also supposed to drive 65? I could care less what speed the trucker was driving, but you can't drive 65 mph in a 70 mph zone and then make a big stink when someone passes you.

I swear the reading comprehension of some people on this site has to be at a third grade level.

Kidd Lex
07-02-2014, 07:31 AM
Third graders stink? Wtf man?!

MTG#10
07-02-2014, 07:49 AM
Normally dont do this but Im with the pig on this one. Truck driver was a douche.

DaFace
07-02-2014, 08:36 AM
The road was wet and it sounds like he was going well over the speed limit.

Yes the trucker seemed a little douchey for sure. But then the cop was trying to lie and cover it up. Where is the integrity?

If he had a radar showing the cop doing 90, that'd be one thing. As it is, the cop may have been doing 75, which is about what most people do all the time.

I understand the trucker's underlying point to some extent, but this isn't exactly catching a big, bad, evil cop in the act of wrong doing.

Simplicity
07-02-2014, 08:37 AM
Truck driver was looking for a reason... Douche move.

Iowanian
07-02-2014, 08:39 AM
I'd be more inclined to believe the trucker wasn't just trying to be a d-bag if he didn't have the V mask on his passenger seat rest.

jd1020
07-02-2014, 09:24 AM
Kind of interested in knowing how the truck driver saw the cop on his cell phone given that the cop blew passed him and the whole sight line from his cab down to the cop (assuming the truck was in the right hand lane).

Fish
07-02-2014, 09:36 AM
I don't understand what the big deal is with this video. That cop was respectful and non confrontal. He had complete control of the situation, and was nicer than he really had to be. No ticket or anything. The truck driver was the one instigating.

Are we supposed to be impressed with how the truck driver chastised the trooper? Because his criticisms were minor and unsubstantiated since he had no way to tell how fast the trooper was actually going. And the trooper wasn't fazed a bit and never got defensive about it in the slightest.

This trooper looks to be one of the good guys.

Steron
07-02-2014, 09:51 AM
My wife showed this to me last night. The trucker was being a confrontational ass.

ThaVirus
07-02-2014, 10:17 AM
I'll take "Shit you should never try as a black man", Alex.

Pablo
07-02-2014, 10:20 AM
The trucker is a douche?

Surprise, surprise.

Kman34
07-02-2014, 10:23 AM
Seen Cops on cell phones..... Seen Cops speed...Hadn't even thought about pulling them over for it. Seems like the Trucker had a vendetta against the Police.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-02-2014, 10:28 AM
Deberg thread/ Obligatory

Dude does have a knack for making shitty threads. Horrible thread and title. He didn't school.him...He is a fucking douchebag.

The Franchise
07-02-2014, 10:37 AM
Kind of interested in knowing how the truck driver saw the cop on his cell phone given that the cop blew passed him and the whole sight line from his cab down to the cop (assuming the truck was in the right hand lane).

That and he stated that the cop had his cell phone in his right hand.

Deberg_1990
07-02-2014, 10:39 AM
So you guys care more about if a citizen is being a Dbag than a cop who thinks he's above the law? And then lies about it.

loochy
07-02-2014, 10:44 AM
So you guys care more about if a citizen is being a Dbag than a cop who thinks he's above the law? And then lies about it.

yes

Kman34
07-02-2014, 10:45 AM

Pull any cops over lately?

Pasta Little Brioni
07-02-2014, 10:45 AM
He may not have even been speeding and this douche lays into his horn so yeah.

DaFace
07-02-2014, 11:19 AM

We're not talking about egregious violations here. I personally don't know anyone who has ever been pulled over for the cell phone thing, and most cops won't pull you over for going 5-10mph over the speed limit (though we obviously don't know his speed for sure).

You're acting like the cop got caught in the act of raping a baby or something.

LoneWolf
07-02-2014, 11:20 AM

If you take your "I hate all cops" glasses off and actually watch the video and listen, you'll hear the cop admit he wasn't watching his speed. He stated he was on his way to headquarters and he says "honestly, I wasn't watching my speed." He does state he doesn't know if he was speeding, which is understandable if he wasn't paying attention. The whole cell-phone thing doesn't bother me at all. I have no problem with somebody talking on their cell-phone while driving as long as they are looking at the road. I can't stand people who text and drive.

BigMeatballDave
07-02-2014, 11:21 AM
The trucker being a douche is debatable.

He's not very bright, though.

I would not have done that. Why initiate contact with a Trooper?

BigMeatballDave
07-02-2014, 11:21 AM
The trucker is a douche?

Surprise, surprise.

You are cordially invited to eat shit and die.

LoneWolf
07-02-2014, 11:25 AM
You are cordially invited to eat shit and die.

What a douche thing to say. ;)

Fish
07-02-2014, 11:55 AM
What a douche thing to say. ;)

He's an authority on doucheness after all.

BigMeatballDave
07-02-2014, 11:56 AM
He's an authority on doucheness after all.

Impossible. I've never owned an Apple product.

Pablo
07-02-2014, 12:06 PM
You are cordially invited to eat shit and die.Truckers are a sensitive type of people.

milkman
07-02-2014, 12:21 PM

You can see a person on the phone in your mirror.

MOhillbilly
07-02-2014, 12:49 PM
My only regret from working at the Kearny st. truck wash is that I didn't kill more truckers.

BigMeatballDave
07-02-2014, 01:01 PM
My only regret from working at the Kearny st. truck wash is that I didn't kill more truckers.

Good luck getting ANYTHING from the store.

BigMeatballDave
07-02-2014, 01:02 PM
Truckers are a sensitive type of people.

Because we're constantly shit on by the general public.

Eleazar
07-02-2014, 01:39 PM
Like every trucker on the road isn't on his cellphone.

BigMeatballDave
07-02-2014, 01:48 PM
Like every trucker on the road isn't on his cellphone.

Bluetooth Headset.

Maximum fine for a commercial driver is $2750.

Eleazar
07-02-2014, 01:53 PM
Bluetooth Headset.

Maximum fine for a commercial driver is $2750.

Meh, distracted is distracted

The Franchise
07-02-2014, 01:58 PM
So it's more like the cop pulled him over....not the trucker pulled over the cop.

BigMeatballDave
07-02-2014, 02:02 PM
Meh, distracted is distracted

Your eyes remain on the road.

I rarely talk while I'm driving.

My point is, laws and punishment for commercial drivers are much stiffer compared to regular drivers.

The Franchise
07-02-2014, 02:19 PM
Your eyes remain on the road.

I rarely talk while I'm driving.

My point is, laws and punishment for commercial drivers are much stiffer compared to regular drivers.

And you think they shouldn't be?

ThaVirus
07-02-2014, 02:22 PM
If truckers are to be held to a higher standard on the road then cops should as well.

BigMeatballDave
07-02-2014, 02:31 PM
And you think they shouldn't be?

Absolutely, we should.

WhiteWhale
07-02-2014, 04:33 PM

He told him he was going to ticket him for unlawful use of horn.

Seriously. That cop pulled him over to pull shit out of his ass and ticket him all because the guy blew his horn at a police officer disregarding the rules of the road. Can't do that!

The cop was a huge douche until he found out he was being recorded, like usual. That's why you ALWAYS RECORD YOURSELF when pulled over. As soon as you inform them they're being recorded they either combat you over it (unlawfully) or they stop acting like assholes. The latter is more common now since they've been forced to learn the laws about it.

acesn8s
07-02-2014, 04:34 PM
Who was bitching about the truck doing 65? The truck driver stated that the cop "blew" past him and then said he was driving 65 which is under the posted speed limit. If the cop was doing 75, which in most circles 5 MPH over the speed limit is considered OK, he would have blown past the truck. This truck driver was acting like a complete asshole and he was doing it for the sole purpose of trying to make a cop look bad. There are plenty of cops that don't need help making themselves look bad, but in this situation I believe the trucker is the one who ends up looking like an ass.
Slow trucks watch cars pass all day long. You can tell who is doing the speed limit or 5 over compared to 10+. The driver probably saw him driving faster than the flow of traffic, paid more attention to the obvious safety hazard and saw threw his mirror (which looks down into cars windshield) that the driver was talking on the cell in a state that does not allow cell use.

Chief Roundup
07-02-2014, 07:14 PM
Cops are allowed to speed and talk on their cell phones since they are supposedly higher trained and skilled drivers.

BigMeatballDave
07-02-2014, 07:22 PM
Cops are allowed to speed and talk on their cell phones since they are supposedly higher trained and skilled drivers.

I'm a skilled driver. It's a huge fine for me.

Deberg_1990
07-02-2014, 07:23 PM

ROFL

BigMeatballDave
07-02-2014, 07:24 PM
Besides, being highly skilled at something doesn't make up for inattention.

-King-
07-02-2014, 07:27 PM
Unlawful use of horn LMAO LMAO
Posted via Mobile Device

Deberg_1990
07-02-2014, 07:27 PM
Besides, being highly skilled at something doesn't make up for inattention.

yep

ThaVirus
07-02-2014, 07:44 PM
yep

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=107258&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1404350849

Heh.

Difference is, if they crash into you, they'll check the area for security cams and then arrest you for hitting them.

Two Brooklyn cops sideswiped a parked SUV, then arrested a man sitting in the passenger seat of the vehicle, accusing him of damaging their car, a suit charges.
And the officers would have gotten away with their lie — had the whole bizarre drama not been caught by a security camera

http://nypost.com/2014/02/21/cops-hit-my-car-then-arrested-me-to-cover-it-up-suit/

Chief Roundup
07-02-2014, 07:52 PM
ROFL

That is the standard response from a police officer. I have asked or mentioned something about it to them several times and every time it has been that same stupid like of being trained to drive and multi-task being able to keep attention elsewhere. I laughed every time as well. They are a bunch of idiots.

Darien25
07-02-2014, 10:11 PM
We're not talking about egregious violations here. I personally don't know anyone who has ever been pulled over for the cell phone thing, and most cops won't pull you over for going 5-10mph over the speed limit (though we obviously don't know his speed for sure).

You're acting like the cop got caught in the act of raping a baby or something.

I have had 3 or 4 speeding tickets over my lifetime and not once was I going more than 10 mph over the speed limit. All were highway tickets.

Years ago I was travelling through Andover, Kansas and got stopped for going 2 mph over the speed limit. First thing the cop said to me was where was I going in such a hurry. I wanted to laugh at him for saying such an idiotic thing but said nothing and he let me go with a warning.