PDA

View Full Version : Poop Feminists or Hipsters?

TLO
07-05-2014, 05:28 PM
Which is worse?

Valiant
07-05-2014, 05:37 PM
Aren't they the same?

Canofbier
07-05-2014, 05:58 PM
Actual feminists have very little to do with the garbage you see from the kinds of male-hating, naive, upper-middle class young women who often call themselves feminists. I say hipsters are more annoying.

BigMeatballDave
07-05-2014, 06:00 PM
Vegans

Gadzooks
07-05-2014, 06:16 PM
Neither annoys me anymore than the average douche walking down the street.

Just Passin' By
07-05-2014, 06:19 PM
Actual feminists have very little to do with the garbage you see from the kinds of male-hating, naive, upper-middle class young women who often call themselves feminists. I say hipsters are more annoying.

If by having very little to do with, you mean are leading the movement, you're right.

Dayze
07-05-2014, 07:26 PM
hipsters by far in my book.

skinny jeans, buddy holly glasses....and now, fucking fedoras.

Katipan
07-05-2014, 07:51 PM
Neither one shaves their legs so I pick the loud ones.

TLO
07-05-2014, 07:57 PM
Neither one shaves their legs so I pick the loud ones.

Overweight black women?

Tribal Warfare
07-05-2014, 07:58 PM

skinny jeans, buddy holly glasses....and now, fucking fedoras.

and multicolored hair

Katipan
07-05-2014, 08:02 PM
Overweight black women?

To be fair, the skinny neck rolling ones can be just as loud.

TLO
07-05-2014, 08:08 PM
To be fair, the skinny neck rolling ones can be just as loud.

AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT

Reaper16
07-05-2014, 09:34 PM
I truly have no time for you if you aren't a feminist.

rico
07-05-2014, 09:39 PM
Hipsters are the worst people I've ever met. They stole my brother and I hate them for it. I'd hate them even if they hadn't stolen my brother.

Just Passin' By
07-05-2014, 09:41 PM

Thank God. That's one less asshole I have to worry about.

Reaper16
07-05-2014, 09:53 PM
This is a total non-choice. Hipster doesn't even mean anything anymore, and feminist means someone who believes in equality of sexes.

People who think of other people as hipsters v.s. anyone who actively supports & endorses patriarchy - that is the real poll here.

Gadzooks
07-05-2014, 10:22 PM
This is a total non-choice. Hipster doesn't even mean anything anymore, and feminist means someone who believes in equality of sexes.

People who think of other people as hipsters v.s. anyone who actively supports & endorses patriarchy - that is the real poll here.

Wow, I'll have some of what you're having. That's quite a spin on the OP...LMAO

WhiteWhale
07-06-2014, 08:05 AM
Can anyone define to me what a 'hipster' is?

It seems that the term has now expanded to mean 'anyone who has a style that I dislike". I mean now people call you a hipster if you grow a ****ing beard.

Your definition is absolutely correct. The label 'Feminism' has expanded beyond simply supporting equality for the sexes. Many modern 'feminists' are really just misandrists hiding behind a movement. There's a HUGE difference between a misandrist and a feminist, but that line has gotten pretty blurry over the past 30 years. Honestly almost everyone in America is a feminist by definition, but that's probably not what he means.

I didn't vote in this poll because I don't get it. Seems like people championing their own prejudices. Congratulations?

WhiteWhale
07-06-2014, 08:11 AM

skinny jeans, buddy holly glasses....and now, ****ing fedoras.

How dare they wear clothes that you do not approve of! :spock:

TLO
07-06-2014, 08:13 AM
I didn't vote in this poll because I don't get it. Seems like people championing their own prejudices. Congratulations?

LMAO

This poll came to be because I'm replaying the story on GTA 5. There are both femninist and hipsters in the game, and both play a minor, yet funny role in the story.

Get off your high horse.

WhiteWhale
07-06-2014, 08:17 AM
LMAO

This poll came to be because I'm replaying the story on GTA 5. There are both femninist and hipsters in the game, and both play a minor, yet funny role in the story.

Get off your high horse.

Explain the poll.

1. What is a hipster? I can't ever get a clear description. It's entirely subjective from one person to another. Which is why everyone 'hates hipsters'... even people who are considered hipsters by others.

2. Are you talking about feminists or misandrists? They're not the same thing.

I'm not trying to be on a high horse man, I really don't understand what you are asking.

Cannibal
07-06-2014, 08:19 AM
Which is worse?

You forgot to include rednecks in the original poll.

Dayze
07-06-2014, 08:21 AM
How dare they wear clothes that you do not approve of! :spock:

so what size is your fedora?

Katipan
07-06-2014, 08:23 AM
A few of you need some pot before enjoying BS threads.

Al Bundy
07-06-2014, 08:25 AM
My best bet is WhiteWhale owns a record player because it's ironic.

Dayze
07-06-2014, 08:26 AM
LMAO

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-06-2014, 08:33 AM
Your definition is absolutely correct. The label 'Feminism' has expanded beyond simply supporting equality for the sexes. Many modern 'feminists' are really just misandrists hiding behind a movement.

That's almost entirely false and has the effect of stigmatizing people who challenging the status quo regarding gender roles and inequality. The vast majority of the population has no idea how much we tend to limit people based upon conceptions of what they can or can't do simply because they are male or female.

Are there a few Andrea Dworkin types out there? Absolutely. But you claim is akin to saying that all Republicans are Klan members simply because some are.

Dunerdr
07-06-2014, 09:38 AM
I'm all for women's rights, I think we should let them vote and all....jk. I work with a few man haters and after the lesbian said there should be a rule that only girls should be breast fed to give them the advantage in life. I had to select feminist as my option.

Bowser
07-06-2014, 09:39 AM
Waiting to see how Milkman votes before I continue.

TLO
07-06-2014, 09:44 AM
A few of you need some pot before enjoying BS threads.

:bong:

wazu
07-06-2014, 09:53 AM
This is a stupid poll, started by some pig-headed male. And I'm way too hip to vote in it.

rico
07-06-2014, 10:07 AM
Waiting to see how Milkman votes before I continue.

Lol, well thanks for your vote of non-participation.

Rausch
07-06-2014, 10:46 AM
Hipsters pay good money for worthless $3it and support the economy.

Feminazis eat veggies and protest in front of businesses further hurting the economy...

TLO
07-06-2014, 03:20 PM
Hipsters pay good money for worthless $3it and support the economy.

Feminazis eat veggies and protest in front of businesses further hurting the economy...

What do you have against veggies???

BigMeatballDave
07-06-2014, 03:23 PM
Explain the poll.

1. What is a hipster? I can't ever get a clear description. It's entirely subjective from one person to another. Which is why everyone 'hates hipsters'... even people who are considered hipsters by others.A douche with mutton chops wearing a wool cap on a hot day with an Arcade Fire shirt.

Reaper16
07-06-2014, 03:27 PM
A douche with mutton chops wearing a wool cap on a hot day with an Arcade Fire shirt.

Translated: someone with a fashion sense that you don't understand; your perception of whom is that they care about that image too much.

NewChief
07-06-2014, 03:27 PM
Explain the poll.

1. What is a hipster? I can't ever get a clear description. It's entirely subjective from one person to another. Which is why everyone 'hates hipsters'... even people who are considered hipsters by others.

2. Are you talking about feminists or misandrists? They're not the same thing.

I'm not trying to be on a high horse man, I really don't understand what you are asking.

Exactly on point 1.

http://dustinland.com/dlands/dland.hipster.jpg

Reaper16
07-06-2014, 03:28 PM
Translated: someone with a fashion sense that you don't understand; your perception of whom is that they care about that image too much.

Further Translated: a young person, as characterized by someone growing older and forgetting that fashions change but young people caring about how they look does not.

Donger
07-06-2014, 03:32 PM

Oh no. How will I fill the void?

Reaper16
07-06-2014, 03:38 PM
Oh no. How will I fill the void?

Whatever stupid people do, probably.

Donger
07-06-2014, 03:42 PM
Whatever stupid people do, probably.

LMAO

Nice to the consistent nature of egalitarians at work, as always.

Reaper16
07-06-2014, 03:45 PM
LMAO

Nice to the consistent nature of egalitarians at work, as always.

Your tired quip begot a tired, not-clever comeback from me. That's all.

Tribal Warfare
07-06-2014, 03:45 PM
Further Translated: a young person, as characterized by someone growing older and forgetting that fashions change but young people caring about how they look does not.

Negative, It's an individual who proclaims everything that is mainstream Entertainment,Fashion, Variable Nutrition ect.. are passe and are ill advised unless it's an anti-secular train of thought and or habits.

Reaper16
07-06-2014, 03:46 PM
But seriously, you're either dumb and/or evil if you endorse patriarchy.

Donger
07-06-2014, 03:48 PM
Your tired quip begot a tired, not-clever comeback from me. That's all.

All things being equal, I suppose...

BigMeatballDave
07-06-2014, 03:48 PM

You do realize that half of the fucking country makes fun of Hipsters, right?

Donger
07-06-2014, 03:49 PM
But seriously, you're either dumb and/or evil if you endorse patriarchy.

I suppose that depends on how you define patriarchy. How do you define it?

Donger
07-06-2014, 03:50 PM
You do realize that half of the ****ing country makes fun of Hipsters, right?

If you don't embrace diversity, acceptance and equality, you are dumb and evil.

Gadzooks
07-06-2014, 03:51 PM
I suppose that depends on how you define patriarchy. How do you define it?

pa·tri·arch·y
ˈpātrēˌärkē/
noun
noun: patriarchy

a system of society or government in which the father or eldest male is head of the family and descent is traced through the male line.
a system of society or government in which men hold the power and women are largely excluded from it.
a society or community organized on patriarchal lines.

I don't have a problem with the family and descent being traced through the male line. Hyphenated names are stupid.

Donger
07-06-2014, 03:51 PM
pa·tri·arch·y
ˈpātrēˌärkē/
noun
noun: patriarchy

a system of society or government in which the father or eldest male is head of the family and descent is traced through the male line.
a system of society or government in which men hold the power and women are largely excluded from it.
a society or community organized on patriarchal lines.

Yes, I'm aware of the dictionary definition, thanks.

Gadzooks
07-06-2014, 03:56 PM
Yes, I'm aware of the dictionary definition, thanks.

I expect most others viewing your conversation don't. Just providing a public service, (this is a Chiefs fan board)...

NewChief
07-06-2014, 03:59 PM
You do realize that half of the ****ing country makes fun of Hipsters, right?

Hence the reason it's a meaningless endeavor.

mikey23545
07-06-2014, 04:07 PM

You are such a white-knighty little man...LMAO

Enjoy all those unshaven armpits!

Baby Lee
07-06-2014, 04:13 PM
If I had to distill the hipster ethos to a few buzzwords, it's be a relatively affluent predominantly white predominantly male, predominantly urban individual whose actions are prompted by a sense of irony and attention getting. They seek to project a sense that being distinctive is in their nature.

Could be a meticulously outlandish beard, a villain's curly mustache, socks over corduroys, curated coffee, insistence on smoking in public, a pipe jutting jauntily from their lips, an old time big wheel in front bicycle, a pork pie hat, any number of things or combination of things.

Whatever gives the sense of 'I have given this careful consideration, and have chosen to display myself different from the mainstream, but in a retro non-threatening manner.'

NewChief
07-06-2014, 04:30 PM
I don't dress particularly ironic or strange (cuffed selvedge denim, redwing boots,
Plaid button down or solid color t shirt). But I'm often called a hipster because I'm into food, literature, farm to table, music etc.

Then I have high school students who listen to shitty EDM music, wear beanies, and tank tops. Somehow they're also considered "hipsters" even though we have very little commonalities.

kcxiv
07-06-2014, 04:32 PM
hipsters 100 percent of the time, feminists chicks are just a bit crazy.

Once a kid was wearing a beanie walking by my house and its like 95 degree's out there, i said wtf you doing with that damn thing on your head. Its hot as fuck out here. lol he just put his head down.

Katipan
07-06-2014, 04:39 PM
hipsters 100 percent of the time, feminists chicks are just a bit crazy.

Once a kid was wearing a beanie walking by my house and its like 95 degree's out there, i said wtf you doing with that damn thing on your head. Its hot as **** out here. lol he just put his head down.

The feminist would have yelled at you for attempting to belittle her God given right to dress however the fuck she pleases and fuck you for attacking her on the city streets with your rape of her sense of self expression you disgusting pig.

Bowser
07-06-2014, 04:43 PM
The feminist would have yelled at you for attempting to belittle her God given right to dress however the fuck she pleases and fuck you for attacking her on the city streets with your rape of her sense of self expression you disgusting pig.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j219/nattystar9/Gifs/dumbledor.gif

Donger
07-06-2014, 04:56 PM
The feminist would have yelled at you for attempting to belittle her God given right to dress however the **** she pleases and **** you for attacking her on the city streets with your rape of her sense of self expression you disgusting pig.

This would have been so much more effective with proper punctuation.

Buzz
07-06-2014, 05:12 PM
I try to love everyone, does that make me a hippy?

Katipan
07-06-2014, 05:14 PM
This would have been so much more effective with proper punctuation.

There would have been frothing and drooling. No substantial pauses or breaks in the harangue. Besides, I submit my creative form of forum expression, is more fun than your punctually perfect pretension. Old fart.

Donger
07-06-2014, 05:27 PM
There would have been frothing and drooling. No substantial pauses or breaks in the harangue. Besides, I submit my creative form of forum expression, is more fun than your punctually perfect pretension. Old fart.

Angry alliteration! Lmao

Third Eye
07-06-2014, 05:37 PM
It's hard to be too bothered by what "hipster" has come to mean. These days it's just another fashionable trend loosely centered around a music scene and some general ethos akin to goth/punk/mod/rocker/greaser/etc. of previous generations.

However, when the word first started re-emerging (it's actually a pretty old term) in the early 2000s, it identified a fairly specific group of trust-fund Manhattenites who bought vintage clothing and moved out to Brooklyn, particularly Williamsburg, to "forsake" their privilege and establish their own identities leaving a trail of gentrification in their wake. It was pretty easy to be bothered by that.

philfree
07-06-2014, 06:22 PM
I live in Springfield so I don't really have to deal with either one.

Iconic
07-06-2014, 06:35 PM
Feminists are WOAT.

If you want true equality be an egalitarian, otherwise zip your stupid flapping vagina and STFU.

TLO
07-06-2014, 06:37 PM
Feminists are WOAT.

If you want true equality be an egalitarian, otherwise zip your stupid flapping vagina and STFU.

WOAT?

Women of Angry Triceratops?

Just Passin' By
07-06-2014, 06:39 PM
WOAT?

Women of Angry Triceritops?

Judging by the follow up sentence, I'm going with Worst Of All Time.

Katipan
07-06-2014, 06:41 PM
They are not worse than people that say WOAT.

TLO
07-06-2014, 06:44 PM
http://cdn.halloftheblackdragon.com/reel/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/angry-feminist.jpg

TLO
07-06-2014, 06:52 PM
http://38.media.tumblr.com/avatar_e452911b0da4_128.png

Katipan
07-06-2014, 06:54 PM
http://38.media.tumblr.com/avatar_e452911b0da4_128.png

Hey that's that white version of the Michelle Obama Wookie picture.

A whookie!

loochy
07-06-2014, 06:56 PM
Don't try to act like you don't know what hipsters are. That means you probably are one of them.

Everyone knows a hipster when they see one. But more than appearance, hipsterness is an attitude born of arrogance and disdain for normal folk.

http://blogs.westword.com/backbeat/061312_hipster-musical.jpg

TLO
07-06-2014, 06:59 PM
http://badassmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/nah-its-cool.jpg

Mr. Laz
07-06-2014, 07:00 PM
Where's the Bible Thumping Hypocrites option in this poll?

TLO
07-06-2014, 07:03 PM
Hey that's that white version of the Michelle Obama Wookie picture.

A whookie!

A wild C**t appeared!

Go Katipan!

Katipan used "bitch slap"

Critical hit! It's super effective!

Wild C**t fainted.

Katipan gained 345 xp!

Wait... Kaitpan is evolving!!!!

Katipan
07-06-2014, 09:00 PM
A wild C**t appeared!

Go Katipan!

Katipan used "bitch slap"

Critical hit! It's super effective!

Wild C**t fainted.

Katipan gained 345 xp!

Wait... Kaitpan is evolving!!!!

ROFL
I'd say put down the video game but I binge 2-3 times a year.