PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Salad Dressing

lewdog
07-06-2014, 12:48 PM
Time for lewdog to get in on this food stuff. Going with the healthier side of things which most of you fat fucks here should look at!

I love salads and usually have one a day. I buy Romaine, Red or Green leaf lettuce heads, chop/wash them and have them for a week. I'll add feta or sharp cheddar cheese depending on my dressing. Also, fresh cut onions, tomatoes, olives or cucumbers.

I don't discriminate much for salad dressing but ranch is on the bottom of the list.

Post your best store bought salad dressings or homemade ones if you're a Martha Stewart kind of person.

I'd love to give some new kinds a try.

Bowser
07-06-2014, 12:50 PM
WE EAT RANCH DRESSING IN THIS COUNTRY!! LOVE IT OR GET THE FUCK OUT!!! MURRRICA!!!

lewdog
07-06-2014, 12:51 PM
WE EAT RANCH DRESSING IN THIS COUNTRY!! LOVE IT OR GET THE **** OUT!!! MURRRICA!!!

I live in Arizona so I am as close to being out of America while still paying taxes to this country as I can be.

notorious
Litehouse Blue Cheese.

It's not healthy, though.

ptlyon
WE EAT RANCH DRESSING IN THIS COUNTRY!! LOVE IT OR GET THE **** OUT!!! MURRRICA!!!

Man ranch

notorious
07-06-2014, 12:52 PM
Man ranch

That's one of the gayest things I have ever read. LMAO

ptlyon
Litehouse Blue Cheese.

Lifehouse makes salad dressing?

lewdog
Litehouse Blue Cheese.

It's not healthy though.

Oh man, you nailed my favorite! I love that stuff. Sometimes I mix a tbsp of it with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar for a blue cheese vinaigrette that goes great when you top a salad with steak.

I don't care if salad dressing is healthy or not. I just meant having a salad is a good alternative to all these meat threads here and was joking.

notorious
07-06-2014, 12:54 PM
Billay's latest thread "Do you like Man Ranch on your Tossed Salad?"

TLO
07-06-2014, 12:54 PM
Litehouse Blue Cheese.

It's not healthy, though.

Yum.

Rasputin
07-06-2014, 12:55 PM
Welp knowing CP someone will have a "Tossed Salad Dressing" thread come from this.

ptlyon

Anything I can do to help

Rasputin

Welp knowing CP someone will have a "Tossed Salad Dressing" thread come from this.

:doh!:

notorious
07-06-2014, 12:57 PM
:doh!:

We are some sick fucks.

ptlyon
07-06-2014, 01:01 PM
We are some sick ****s.

We're normal. Everyone else is fucked up

Simply Red
07-06-2014, 01:03 PM
balsamic
lil' sugar
oil
dijon mustard
minced green onion

Baby Lee
07-06-2014, 01:07 PM
Occasionally I get a craving for Ott's red dressing

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/04/14/23/01/0004142301232_500X500.jpg

Other faves
Nordstrom's black cherry balsamic.

Zia's sweet oil and vinegar

http://blendedkitchenblog.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/zias1.jpg

Pasta House Company house dressing

http://www.stlmag.com/downloads/215586/download/dressing.jpg?cb=27965ec46fc35b4f55ebeb3670805017

Cheapo Ken's has surprisingly good blue cheese, so many of the more expensive brands are too sweet.

http://www.kensfoods.com/uploads/products/_0040_0013_16oz-ChunkyBlueCheese-e3.png

Though if I have the foresight, I prefer to make Outback's version from scratch.

http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/Outback-Steakhouse-Bleu-Cheese-Dressing-Copycat-Recipe.html

Delmonico's Caesar dressing

http://www.delmonicosrestaurantgroup.com/shop/image/cache/data/Del_DressSigCaesar_RGB_0612-500x500.jpg

Pepe Silvia
07-06-2014, 01:09 PM
Call me old fashioned but I really dig Ranch. However Italian dressing with blue cheese crumbles on top is as good as sex.

lewdog
07-06-2014, 01:10 PM
Just made my afternoon salad. Romaine lettuce, black olives, yellow onion, feta cheese, sirloin steak with dressing of olive oil/balsamic vinegar/blue cheese.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg251/lewdog_5/P1010579.jpg (http://s250.photobucket.com/user/lewdog_5/media/P1010579.jpg.html)

notorious
07-06-2014, 01:11 PM
We're normal. Everyone else is ****ed up

http://www.deeho.net/misc/gifs/ArrestedDevelopmentNod.gif

Bowser
07-06-2014, 01:12 PM
That salad coupled with the extra large order of chili cheese tots (not pictured) is going to cause your toilet to earn its pay today.

lewdog
07-06-2014, 01:16 PM
I am disappointed FMB hasn't made an appearance yet. I am pretty sure he has all food threads on instant notification to his phone. :shrug:

gblowfish
07-06-2014, 01:19 PM
None of these are good for you. But Wishbone Dressing was founded in KC at the Wish Bone Restaurant. I like Wishbone Italian and Russian dressing.

Ott's dressings are from Carthage, MO. They're also very good. Love the Ott's original red.

Donger
07-06-2014, 01:26 PM
Fat-free Catalina or French.

Fire Me Boy!
07-06-2014, 01:27 PM
I am disappointed FMB hasn't made an appearance yet. I am pretty sure he has all food threads on instant notification to his phone. :shrug:

I wish I could do that! I'd like to subscribe to the Food & Drink topic.

I actually saw this as soon as it was posted. But I don't have anything really to add as I don't really care about salad dressings. When I eat a salad, which isn't often, I eat it undressed.

I tend to eat my salad inside green smoothies. My go-to is green grapes, pineapple, and a bunch of fresh baby spinach or kale.

dannybcaitlyn
07-06-2014, 01:32 PM
Cousins Creole Tomato dressing

lewdog
07-06-2014, 01:32 PM

I actually saw this as soon as it was posted. But I don't have anything really to add as I don't really care about salad dressings. When I eat a salad, which isn't often, I eat it undressed.

I tend to eat my salad inside green smoothies. My go-to is green grapes, pineapple, and a bunch of fresh baby spinach or kale.

Boring!!!!!!

:ZZZ:

Fire Me Boy!
07-06-2014, 01:34 PM
Boring!!!!!!

:ZZZ:

Boring thread is boring. :harumph:

lewdog
07-06-2014, 01:40 PM
Boring thread is boring. :harumph:

Come on, there has to be some really expensive kitchen gadget you have for this kind of shit?!

KCUnited
07-06-2014, 01:41 PM
I don't really like the thick/heavy dressings. I use feta/goat/blue crumbles with a vinaigrette drizzle. Most of the salads I eat are in the Summer which include fruit, so a super creamy, heavy dressing doesn't really translate well.

I will dip low quality pizza in ranch though.

Fire Me Boy!
07-06-2014, 01:43 PM
Come on, there has to be some really expensive kitchen gadget you have for this kind of shit?!

Occasionally I'll make a vinaigrette. The better you can emulsify the oil and the vinegar the longer it'll stay in suspension. So I use my Vitamix and can usually keep the suspension for a day or two.

That's all I got, man.

Baby Lee
07-06-2014, 01:46 PM
I don't really like the thick/heavy dressings. I use feta/goat/blue crumbles with a vinaigrette drizzle. Most of the salads I eat are in the Summer which include fruit, so a super creamy, heavy dressing doesn't really translate well.

I will dip low quality pizza in ranch though.

I can eat an Outback or Cobb style with blue cheese dressing any day any time.

Romaine, bacon, egg, onion, carrot, shredded cheddar, tomato dice. . .

KCUnited
07-06-2014, 01:54 PM
Trader Joe's makes a cilantro-lime salad dressing that's on the creamier side. I enjoy the hell out of it, but the garlic component is too risky for work lunches.

Bowser
07-06-2014, 01:56 PM
Trader Joe's makes a cilantro-lime salad dressing that's on the creamier side. I enjoy the hell out of it, but the garlic component is too risky for work lunches.

"HHHHHHHIIII!! I'm KCUniiiiiiiiited. Waaahhhhhhnt to hhhhhhear my cuuuuuhhhhhhlection of locaaaaaaahhhhlllll death metaaaaaahhhhhhhllll?

What's that? Sure, I'll have a Tic-Tac. Thanks."

BucEyedPea
07-06-2014, 02:08 PM
Time for lewdog to get in on this food stuff. Going with the healthier side of things which most of you fat ****s here should look at!

I love salads and usually have one a day. I buy Romaine, Red or Green leaf lettuce heads, chop/wash them and have them for a week. I'll add feta or sharp cheddar cheese depending on my dressing. Also, fresh cut onions, tomatoes, olives or cucumbers.

I don't discriminate much for salad dressing but ranch is on the bottom of the list.

Post your best store bought salad dressings or homemade ones if you're a Martha Stewart kind of person.

I'd love to give some new kinds a try.
Here's a very simple easy one:

Just Olive Oil and Nakano seasoned Japanese rice vinegar to taste. Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste. Great over field greens, preferrably with some chapped scallions for something simple.

Other times, I use the same but add some mandarin orange slices and toasted sunflower seeds. It's one of my most popular salads. I serve every Christmas supper with beef. Delicate light but very tasty. Tho' it is on the sweet side.

It doesn't go well with tomatoes imo. But you can use finely diced purple onion too.

I love salads! All kinds. I also love vegetables.

Rasputin
07-06-2014, 02:08 PM
We are some sick ****s.

Now you listen to me. I will only say it once.

We are not sick men.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hissmO0Ved4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BucEyedPea
07-06-2014, 02:09 PM
Occasionally I'll make a vinaigrette. The better you can emulsify the oil and the vinegar the longer it'll stay in suspension. So I use my Vitamix and can usually keep the suspension for a day or two.

That's all I got, man.

I just whisk my vinaigrettes. Too lazy to clean a blender.

Psyko Tek
07-06-2014, 02:16 PM
I live in Arizona so I am as close to being out of America while still paying taxes to this country as I can be.

trust me, AZ in deep in the heart of 'Murica

Fire Me Boy!
07-06-2014, 02:17 PM
I just whisk my vinaigrettes. Too lazy to clean a blender.

Blenders are easy to clean. Do it immediately and all you need is half a carafe of water, a little liquid Dawn, and blend on high for 30 seconds. Rinse and you're done.

BucEyedPea
07-06-2014, 02:19 PM
balsamic
lil' sugar
oil
dijon mustard
minced green onion

White or dark balsamic??? I switched to the white last summer and I like it much more. Lighter taste I prefer. Goes great of a green salad with sliced figs and goat cheese in it too. Or can use chopped pear and gorgonzola. I play around depending on my mood. Also, a raspberry vinaigrette goes well with these two.

Dijon mustard is a nice add to olive oil and white balsamic. I eyeball white pepper, Herbes de Provence or just tarragon and diced green onion to it. Tho' I found tarragon to be a taste I had to develop. I add a touch of Truvia ( Stevia sweetener). Adding orange juice to a Dijon based dressing, fresh squeezed, is also a nice change up.

I sometimes use grape seed oil too. Very good for you. I never use canola in any salad dressings. I mainly use that to season my cast iron pans. Or deep frying.

BucEyedPea
07-06-2014, 02:22 PM
Blenders are easy to clean. Do it immediately and all you need is half a carafe of water, a little liquid Dawn, and blend on high for 30 seconds. Rinse and you're done.

It's too big to pick up. I'm lazy about things like that. I use my Nutribullet and that's small, light and does the trick. Cheap too. Just a quick soapy rinse and done.

Then again, my blender is heavy glass and a drag to lift. So is my large cast iron.

Predarat
07-06-2014, 02:22 PM
I like making my own Italian Oil and Vinegar type. Good stuff. This is my favorite store bought:

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/02/06/62/00/0002066200002_500X500.jpg

BucEyedPea
07-06-2014, 02:24 PM
None of these are good for you. But Wishbone Dressing was founded in KC at the Wish Bone Restaurant. I like Wishbone Italian and Russian dressing.

Ott's dressings are from Carthage, MO. They're also very good. Love the Ott's original red.

As an Italia, I think it's Meh! Four Seasons is better, imo. Even the Zesty Italian. Plus you get to add your own healthier oil instead of GMO soy.

BucEyedPea
07-06-2014, 02:27 PM

I use kale with pineapple in my smoothies too. Also some, frozen peaches, a bit of fresh banana and a few red grapes.

Mojo Jojo
07-06-2014, 02:29 PM
Blue Cheese or Italian with Blue Cheese crumbles.
FYI...Ranch SUCKS!!!!

BucEyedPea
07-06-2014, 02:30 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot I add a touch of garlic onion granules that Dijon-Balsamic vinaigrette with French herbs.

ptlyon
07-06-2014, 02:32 PM
FYI...Ranch SUCKS!!!!

No, you suck to get ranch

notorious
07-06-2014, 02:40 PM
No, you suck to get Man Ranch

FYP

BucEyedPea
07-06-2014, 02:47 PM
I am eating a giant green-leaf lettuce and spinach with purple onions finely diced and using this linked dressing with a few added touches: fresh chives, touch of mint, fresh basil some onion and garlic granules, teeny bit of red pepper flakes. Used white balsamic for the vinegar. Sweetened with Truvia since my honey has gone granular. It is delicious.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/orange-vinaigrette/

Fire Me Boy!
07-06-2014, 02:47 PM
I use kale with pineapple in my smoothies too. Also some, frozen peaches, a bit of fresh banana and a few red grapes.

I always go with seed-in green because red grapes make it muddy looking. Green grapes give it a vibrant emerald green, very pretty and healthy looking. And I prefer the spinach to kale, but both are good.

BucEyedPea
07-06-2014, 02:49 PM
I always go with seed-in green because red grapes make it muddy looking. Green grapes give it a vibrant emerald green, very pretty and healthy looking. And I prefer the spinach to kale, but both are good.

Yeah, it would lighten it, but mine comes out a nice green--especially when I add some yogurt and egg white for protein.

I use very few of the red grapes too.

BigMeatballDave
07-06-2014, 02:49 PM
Miracle Whip...

BucEyedPea
07-06-2014, 02:51 PM
Oh man, you nailed my favorite! I love that stuff. Sometimes I mix a tbsp of it with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar for a blue cheese vinaigrette that goes great when you top a salad with steak.

I don't care if salad dressing is healthy or not. I just meant having a salad is a good alternative to all these meat threads here and was joking.
The barbeque'ing and meat grilling emphasis is a sure sign you're dealing with Mid-Westerners. ( and KC) They certainly know their meats and grilling though. I learned a lot.

Baby Lee
07-06-2014, 02:53 PM
Miracle Whip...

B&

BucEyedPea
07-06-2014, 02:54 PM
Miracle Whip...

Nooooooooooooo...you're not serious tho'.

BigMeatballDave
07-06-2014, 02:58 PM
Nooooooooooooo...you're not serious tho'.

Why not? It says Dressing on the jar.

BucEyedPea
07-06-2014, 03:01 PM
Why not? It says Dressing on the jar.

It may be, though it is sold in the mayo areas. It's just not very tasty as a salad dressing, is what I meant tho'. Each to their own, I guess.

BigMeatballDave
07-06-2014, 03:04 PM
LOL I suppose if I needed to use Miracle Whip in a pinch, I would. I'd never choose it if other options are available.

Buehler445
07-06-2014, 03:24 PM
I always make a huge ass salad and go light on dressing. I can't dig a salad that has too damn much dressing.

I'm a Dorothy Lynch man or Italian dressing.

Donger
07-06-2014, 03:26 PM
Ugh...

http://www.britishshopabroad.com/product_images/p/699/0__67837_zoom.jpg

I haven't had this in years, but IIRC, it tastes very similar to Miracle Whip.

notorious
07-06-2014, 03:45 PM
I always make a huge ass salad and go light on dressing. I can't dig a salad that has too damn much dressing.

I'm a Dorothy Lynch man or Italian dressing.

I used to mix DL and Blue Cheese when I bartended.

Amazing.

Why Not?
07-06-2014, 03:53 PM

So very this.

mlyonsd
07-06-2014, 04:02 PM

I'm a Dorothy Lynch man or Italian dressing.This plus French or Russian for me.

Stewie
07-06-2014, 04:03 PM
I do greens (mostly romaine, but whatever looks good) with tomatoes, red onions, carrots, thinly sliced celery and whatever else I have in the fridge. I sprinkle with a grated cheese (sharp chedder, etc.) and then hit it with malt vinegar. Very simple and light. Salad dressing in a bottle sucks balls and has tons of bad stuff.

Just Passin' By
07-06-2014, 04:26 PM
Ugh...

http://www.britishshopabroad.com/product_images/p/699/0__67837_zoom.jpg

I haven't had this in years, but IIRC, it tastes very similar to Miracle Whip.

Seems like that belongs with the man ranch.

listopencil
07-06-2014, 05:10 PM
I have a cucumber salad with Italian dressing for breakfast every day that I work. I make it up the night before: Cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, finely diced mozzarella, sliced sweet peppers, roughly diced bell peppers, minced jalapenos, bacon bits, whole roasted peanuts and sesame seeds.
<mytubeelement data="{&quot;bundle&quot;:{&quot;label_delimitor&quot;:&quot;:&quot;,&quot;percentage&quot;:&quot;%&quot;,&quot;smart_buffer&quot;:&quot;Smart Buffer&quot;,&quot;start_playing_when_buffered&quot;:&quot;Start playing when buffered&quot;,&quot;sound&quot;:&quot;Sound&quot;,&quot;desktop_notification&quot;:&quot;Desktop Notification&quot;,&quot;continuation_on_next_line&quot;:&quot;-&quot;,&quot;loop&quot;:&quot;Loop&quot;,&quot;only_notify&quot;:&quot;Only Notify&quot;,&quot;estimated_time&quot;:&quot;Estimated Time&quot;,&quot;global_preferences&quot;:&quot;Global Preferences&quot;,&quot;no_notification_supported_on_your_browser&quot;:&quot;No notification style supported on your browser version&quot;,&quot;video_buffered&quot;:&quot;Video Buffered&quot;,&quot;buffered&quot;:&quot;Buffered&quot;,&quot;hyphen&quot;:&quot;-&quot;,&quot;buffered_message&quot;:&quot;The video has been buffered as requested and is ready to play.&quot;,&quot;not_supported&quot;:&quot;Not Supported&quot;,&quot;on&quot;:&quot;On&quot;,&quot;off&quot;:&quot;Off&quot;,&quot;click_to_enable_for_this_site&quot;:&quot;Click to enable for this site&quot;,&quot;desktop_notification_denied&quot;:&quot;You have denied permission for desktop notification for this site&quot;,&quot;notification_status_delimitor&quot;:&quot;;&quot;,&quot;error&quot;:&quot;Error&quot;,&quot;adblock_interferance_message&quot;:&quot;Adblock (or similar extension) is known to interfere with SmartVideo. Please add this url to adblock whitelist.&quot;,&quot;calculating&quot;:&quot;Calculating&quot;,&quot;waiting&quot;:&quot;Waiting&quot;,&quot;will_start_buffering_when_initialized&quot;: &quot;Will start buffering when initialized&quot;,&quot;will_start_playing_when_initialized&quot;:&quot;Will start playing when initialized&quot;,&quot;completed&quot;:&quot;Completed&quot;,&quot;buffering_stalled&quot;:&quot;Buffering is stalled. Will stop.&quot;,&quot;stopped&quot;:&quot;Stopped&quot;,&quot;hr&quot;:&quot;Hr&quot;,&quot;min&quot;:&quot;Min&quot;,&quot;sec&quot;:&quot;Sec&quot;,&quot;any_moment&quot;:&quot;Any Moment&quot;,&quot;popup_donate_to&quot;:&quot;Donate to&quot;,&quot;extension_id&quot;:null},&quot;prefs&quot;:{&quot;desktopNotification&quot;:true,&quot;soundNotification&quot;:true,&quot;logLevel&quot;:0,&quot; enable&quot;:true,&quot;loop&quot;:false,&quot;hidePopup&quot;:false,&quot;autoPlay&quot;:false,&quot;autoBuffer&quot;:false,&quot;autoPlayOnBuffer&quot;:f alse,&quot;autoPlayOnBufferPercentage&quot;:42,&quot;autoPlayOnSmartBuffer&quot;:true,&quot;quality&quot;:&quot;default&quot;,&quot;fshd&quot;:false,&quot; onlyNotification&quot;:false,&quot;enableFullScreen&quot;:true,&quot;saveBandwidth&quot;:false,&quot;hideAnnotations&quot;:false,&quot;turnO ffPagedBuffering&quot;:false}}" event="preferencesUpdated" id="myTubeRelayElementToPage"></mytubeelement><mytubeelement data="{&quot;loadBundle&quot;:true}" event="relayPrefs" id="myTubeRelayElementToTab"></mytubeelement>

jonzie04
07-06-2014, 06:26 PM
I like ranch with a little salad underneath it.

Buns
07-06-2014, 06:31 PM
Salad isn't worthwhile unless you're messing with Kale and Spinach. I'M JUST SAYING

C3HIEF3S
07-06-2014, 06:34 PM
I like an even layer of ranch dressing on my salad. I need a good amount, but not completely drenched in dressing.

Sometimes I like to mix ranch and french dressings together.

plbrdude
07-06-2014, 06:40 PM
i have come to love Newman's Own olive oil and vinegar.

plbrdude
07-06-2014, 06:42 PM
LOL I suppose if I needed to use Miracle Whip in a pinch, I would. I'd never choose it if other options are available.

throw in a little ketchup and stir it up. Mmmmm

Pablo
07-06-2014, 07:13 PM
I like Ott's Vidalia and Ott's Creamy Italian quite a bit.

Buehler445
07-06-2014, 07:36 PM
I like ranch with a little salad underneath it.

My wife puts so much goddamned ranch on that it looks like cole slaw. Nobody can take something healthy and make it awful like my wife.

srvy
07-06-2014, 07:42 PM
Growing up we would have a lot of russian salads. Do Russians actually eat those. I figured if they eat shit like Borsch, probably not.

Anyway after a while Mom got a recipe for Roquefort Dressing. She would make gallons that stuff and give it to friends and freeze others. Man the stuff was good. We ate it so much that finally burnt out. I haven't seen Mom make it since and I have no desire for.

I like the Pink stuff can get at my grocery but they don't give it away. I have always liked Wishbone Italian and brace yourself. I think God created Ranch its delicious.

Dayze
07-07-2014, 03:56 AM
I've got some ranch you can use.....
but, it's sort of salty, or so I've heard

BucEyedPea
07-07-2014, 09:22 AM
Growing up we would have a lot of russian salads. Do Russians actually eat those. I figured if they eat shit like Borsch, probably not.

Borscht is delicious!

cookster50
07-07-2014, 10:59 AM
Green goddess and western

tooge
07-07-2014, 11:06 AM
I mix olive oil and balsamic 1:2, then add granulated garlic, salt, and fresh cracked pepper. Pretty much my standard dressing.

alpha_omega
07-07-2014, 11:15 AM
Any love for Green Goddess?

http://images.productwiki.com/upload/images/kraft_seven_seas_green_goddess-400-400.jpg

underEJ
07-07-2014, 11:39 AM
Herbes de Provence .

All night and all day. Herbes de Provence and salad are best friends. What a great vinaigrette it makes. I haven't bought salad dressing in a bottle for years now.

Also, on a side note for tuna salad, instead of mayo like my mom always made, I use a vinaigrette of lemon juice, white wine vinegar and light olive oil whisked creamy and fresh dill with some black pepper and a tiny bit of sea salt. I like it very tart, but some people prefer a bit of sugar in it as well. In a pinch dried dill will work fine, but it needs an hour or two in the fridge to flavor up once mixed with the tuna, or you can grind with mortar and pestle to kick up the immediate flavor. The fresh dill is full flavored right away.

summer=salads

BucEyedPea
07-07-2014, 02:07 PM
All night and all day. Herbes de Provence and salad are best friends. What a great vinaigrette it makes. I haven't bought salad dressing in a bottle for years now.
Yup!

Also, on a side note for tuna salad, instead of mayo like my mom always made, I use a vinaigrette of lemon juice, white wine vinegar and light olive oil whisked creamy and fresh dill with some black pepper and a tiny bit of sea salt. I like it very tart, but some people prefer a bit of sugar in it as well. In a pinch dried dill will work fine, but it needs an hour or two in the fridge to flavor up once mixed with the tuna, or you can grind with mortar and pestle to kick up the immediate flavor. The fresh dill is full flavored right away.

Interesting. Could try that.

summer=salads
Absolutely! Especially when it's too hot to eat heavier meals.

Reaper16
07-07-2014, 02:38 PM
I'm real simple when it comes to salads: lemon juice & olive oil, with a little black pepper. All I want out of a salad dressing is something light and really acidic (but I don't really crave acetic acid - vinegar - the way I crave citric acid).

I'll mess with balsamic every now and then, but more than 9 times out of 10 I just want lemon juice. The olive oil is simply to help it adhere to the greens.

Sassy Squatch
07-07-2014, 02:54 PM
Yeah, regardless of the dressing, I try to use spinach.

sedated
07-07-2014, 02:59 PM
Only time I ever eat ranch is with buffalo wings. For some reason it tastes amazing then but in every other use it tastes like snot.

srvy
07-10-2014, 12:36 PM
Any love for Green Goddess?

http://images.productwiki.com/upload/images/kraft_seven_seas_green_goddess-400-400.jpg

I simply had forgotten Green Godess its good stuff. I brought salad today for lunch with green goddess i bought last night. Thanks for reminding me of this dressing.

the Talking Can
07-10-2014, 01:19 PM
1 crushed garlic clove
rice vinegar
olive oil
salt

to taste, made in salad bowl

nice raw garlic kick