PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs in attendance for LaKendrick Ross’ pro day

Tribal Warfare
07-08-2014, 03:36 PM
Chiefs in attendance for LaKendrick Ross’ pro day (http://nfldraftdiamonds.com/raiders-were-one-of-12-teams-in-attendance-for-lakendrick-ross-pro-day/)

Today, big LaKendrick Ross had his pro day before 12 NFL teams. Ross has entered the NFL’s Supplemental Draft. The Eagles, Chiefs, Rams, Niners, Cardinals, Bears, Raiders, Texans, Colts, Falcons, Patriots and one other.

Ross weighed in at 360 pounds and looked amazing. The NFL scouts were flocking around the physical specimen while he ran his 40 yard dash as well as did positional drills.

Ross weighed in at 366 pounds and measured in at 6’4.

He had a 83.5 wing span.

Ran a 1.81 unofficial 10 yard split, and one scout said he timed him from a 5.4 to 5.5.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/AqIqt_lgd-Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

salame
07-08-2014, 03:37 PM
who?

lcarus
07-08-2014, 03:39 PM
who?

White dude. Baller.

TimBone
07-08-2014, 03:40 PM
What are his thoughts on Captain D's and other fast food franchises?

Renegade
07-08-2014, 03:41 PM
So he wasn't good enough for the draft or the Free agency signings, but is good enough for the supplemental draft?

Marcellus
07-08-2014, 03:45 PM
Am the only one not impressed with a guy who is 6'5" with an 83" wingspan being able to just barely dunk a basketball?

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-08-2014, 03:45 PM
'ship.

confused
07-08-2014, 03:46 PM
Am the only one not impressed with a guy who is 6'5" with an 83" wingspan being able to just barely dunk a basketball?
When a dude comes in at Chris Christie weight and can physically stand up without bruising an ankle, I'm impressed.

Sully
07-08-2014, 03:48 PM
So he wasn't good enough for the draft or the Free agency signings, but is good enough for the supplemental draft?

That's a really long way to say, "I don't understand how any of this works!"

confused
07-08-2014, 03:55 PM
Since 1977, the NFL has also held a supplemental draft to accommodate players who did not enter the regular draft. Players generally enter the supplementary draft because they missed the filing deadline for the NFL draft or because issues developed which affected their eligibility (such as academic or disciplinary matters). The draft is scheduled to occur at some point after the regular draft and before the start of the next season. In 1984 the NFL held an additional draft for players who were under contract with either USFL or CFL teams.

Mr. Laz
07-08-2014, 04:00 PM
That's a really long way to say, "I don't understand how any of this works!"
LMAO

It's shocking how little people know about how the NFL works.

Talbot of NFL Draft Diamonds is reporting the San Francisco 49ers were one of 12 teams in attendance at the Pro Day workout of defensive lineman Lakendrick Ross. The NFL Supplemental Draft prospect measured in at 6'4, 366 pounds. He was ruled ineligible for the 2014 season at Virginia University of Lynchburg, and became eligible for the 2014 NFL Supplemental Draft. VUL is part of the United States Collegiate Athletic Association. The USCAA is a mix of small colleges, junior colleges, and community colleges.

Ross apparently put up some big numbers at his workout. Talbot report that he ran a 1.81 unofficial 10 yard split, and had a wing span of 83.5 inches. There will be an official list of players eligible for this year's supplemental draft, and I'll get something together with them before the draft.

The NFL supplemental draft is scheduled for July 11. A player has to declare for this draft, and be ruled eligible to be part of it. Often it involves players that were ruled ineligible for the coming season, but not until after they could take part in the regular draft. Teams can submit bids for selecting a player in a given round. So, the 49ers could submit a bid saying they would use a 4th round pick on Ross. If somebody offers a better pick, that team would get Ross in the draft. If nobody exceeded the 49ers 4th round pick, the 49ers would "draft" Ross. They then would give up a 4th round pick in the 2015 NFL Draft. If a player is not drafted, he become free agents. I went over the rules in detail last year.

lcarus
07-08-2014, 04:03 PM
LMAO

It's shocking how little people know about how the NFL works.

I think they prefer to be called dwarves. Just in case you didn't know. Not really nice to insinuate that Sully is a dwarf. I believe he's of average height.

Sully
07-08-2014, 04:04 PM
I think they prefer to be called dwarves. Just in case you didn't know. Not really nice to insinuate that Sully is a dwarf. I believe he's of average height.

ROFL

confused
07-08-2014, 04:06 PM
Shit, even the homo with a Trish Stratus avatar understand how this works.

Halfcan
07-08-2014, 05:17 PM

ROFL

Exactly- I was expecting some Monster Slam.

Hoover
07-08-2014, 08:37 PM
He will be great opposite D-Bowe

Tribal Warfare
07-08-2014, 08:45 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OFpsgrELmpM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tribal Warfare
07-08-2014, 08:47 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ofCOrAPlPDU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>