PDA

View Full Version : Poop The Insomniac Thread

Dayze
07-16-2014, 03:17 AM
I'm reluctant to post this thread.
1: I don't like to create threads unnecessarily. Similarly, I don't like to jerk off too much.
2: I don't want to duplicate topics of frequency.

This leads me to me to a potential conflict with the world renown (ok......not really, only us sad assholes on this board) "10PM" Thread(s).

From a personal perspective, I'm an insomniac. At this point in time, I'm pushing nearly 48 hrs w/out the Zzzs.

While the 10pm thread is great....we (the freak shows) need the freedom to talk about shitty shows being aired on USA or tRuTV.com at a moments notice. I need a place to roll into and toss random shit out there.

Oh, and Poop. Definitely Poop. ........and the Tranny's. ........and the "......asking for a "Friend"....' stuff.

MODs....delete this turd if it's a duplicate. I thought an "Insomniac" titled thread might be cool, or possibly combine some threads. If not....it's cool. I have a stash of playboys from 1992 that I "think" I can rub one out to. Strange....when I could've blown a load into a stiff breeze, there were no problems. But now, looking at the now dated Pron, .......there's a LOT of previously unseen/noticed bush.

HonestChieffan
07-16-2014, 05:02 AM
Its a bitch. Ambien works for me. Sometimes I just go with Nyquill.

last night i had to sleep sitting upright…made it 3 hours.

never watched local tv morning shows before.

had no idea what number of infomercials there were after 1 am. And Im not sure the ergonomics of an ass wipe wearing this damn arm sling.

Why Not?
07-16-2014, 08:14 AM
Just go to work with your lotion and the 1992s. You'll collapse eventually.

frankotank
07-16-2014, 08:34 AM
just this week I've been having problems with waking up at 2 or 3 and not being able to go back to sleep. this shit ain't fair man. I guess this is typical as you age (I'm pushing 50)? makes no fucking sense. tonight I think I'll throw back a couple tylenol PM's. that shit works. I just wouldn't want to have to do that every dang night!

TLO
07-16-2014, 09:26 AM
Its a bitch. Ambien works for me. Sometimes I just go with Nyquill.

last night i had to sleep sitting upright…made it 3 hours.

never watched local tv morning shows before.

had no idea what number of infomercials there were after 1 am. And Im not sure the ergonomics of an ass wipe wearing this damn arm sling.

I loved ambien. It made me super high, and then super sleepy. Oh the stories I could tell you about Big Smoke and ambien.

Recently I asked my doctor to make a switch. I've been on 50mg of trazadone for sleep, and it works wonders.

Graystoke
07-16-2014, 10:54 AM
Dayze..what's your age?
I went through a stint of Insomnia in my late 30's. It went away.
Did drive me crazy though.
I took some steps to help.
Never go to bed with the TV
Don't drink Alcohol or caffeinated beverages
Make sure you are all sexed out.
Don't fight it. If you cant sleep just get up and read till sleepy

Halfcan
07-16-2014, 11:12 AM
Some cures that might apply...

smoke less pot- dont smoke 3 hours before bedtime
better diet- cut down on spicy foods- more veggies-dont eat 3 hours until bed
work out twice a day-once in the morning then a long bike ride and work out in the evening
turn your computer off

gblowfish
07-16-2014, 11:18 AM
When I can't sleep I take some Melatonin. It's natural, safe, and usually does the trick in about 30 minutes. Get it at the vitamin aisle.

Or I let Tom Waits sing me to sleep:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TD0PTjPlc2g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

beach tribe
07-16-2014, 11:25 AM
Just take some more Adderal and say goodbye to sleep and hello to Tyler Durden.

BucEyedPea
07-16-2014, 02:24 PM
Get some of the ole childhood fairy tale books out. And/or have some warm milk before bed.That'll conk you out. Or try some melatonin but don't take it too often. Or drink this raspberry calcium-magnesium drink. Has to be both calcium and magnesium not one or the other. I gotta get more and forget the name of the raspberry one as it's the only one that tastes decent. Don't take the tablets on this supplement as they don't get into your system as fast. Or take a good long hard walk until you feel tired, each night before retiring. Look around you as you walk and get attention off anything mental.

Sounds like you're deficient in something or have stress. Those fairy tales do it for me, especially the Little Mermaid. I feel like I am sinking under water or floating.

Rausch
07-16-2014, 02:25 PM
Some cures that might apply...

smoke less pot- dont smoke 3 hours before bedtime
better diet- cut down on spicy foods- more veggies-dont eat 3 hours until bed
work out twice a day-once in the morning then a long bike ride and work out in the evening
turn your computer off

We're insomniacs - not savages...

BucEyedPea
07-16-2014, 02:27 PM
When I can't sleep I take some Melatonin. It's natural, safe, and usually does the trick in about 30 minutes. Get it at the vitamin aisle.

Yes it works, but it's not good to get dependent on it. I only use it as a final resort and just very once-in-a-while. Dependency makes your body by-pass things it should not. Also, if I take it on a night before I have to be active, it makes me lazy and not want to do anything.

BucEyedPea
07-16-2014, 02:28 PM
Yes don't eat before retiring. That's good advice too.

If light bothers you at dawn, get an eye mask. I use that when I travel as the light shines through the spaces in the hotel curtains.

Bufkin
07-16-2014, 02:29 PM
I work the night shift and often find myself not sleeping until the weekend. I took an imodium 3 hours ago... It was like swinging a wiffle ball bat at a speeding tractor-trailer

Rausch
07-16-2014, 02:29 PM
Yes don't eat before retiring. That's good advice too.

That's odd. While it's more likely to gain weight it's always helped me sleep...

Kman34
07-16-2014, 03:29 PM
Dayze posted this thread at 4:17am and hasn't been here since........
Dudes asleep.;)

BucEyedPea
07-16-2014, 04:04 PM
That's odd. While it's more likely to gain weight it's always helped me sleep...

Well, the claim is it activates the digestive system which can keep you up. It never bothered me either. He's the one having trouble.

BucEyedPea
07-16-2014, 04:06 PM
Here is a bunch of suggestions Dayze:

http://www.webmd.com/women/guide/insomnia-tips

Regular sleep hours, wake up at same time each day, regular exercise, don't use bed other than for sleep or sex. Write down a list of what you have to do the next day so you don't think about. Some pretty good suggestions in there.

Dayze
07-16-2014, 04:50 PM

Or I let Tom Waits sing me to sleep:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TD0PTjPlc2g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:hmmm:

Dayze
07-16-2014, 04:52 PM
Dayze..what's your age?
I went through a stint of Insomnia in my late 30's. It went away.
Did drive me crazy though.
I took some steps to help.
Never go to bed with the TV
Don't drink Alcohol or caffeinated beverages
Make sure you are all sexed out.
Don't fight it. If you cant sleep just get up and read till sleepy

I'll be 37 on Saturday.

the last statement is what my doc has told me in the past. I haven't been very good about doing it. He also said to get up at the same time EVERY day, and only go to bed when you're sleepy. eventually of the course of a month or thereabouts, it will balance out. but he emphasized getting up at the same time every day.